Subject: RFC 2544 on Benchmarking Methodology

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 14:25:43 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2544: 

        Title:	    Benchmarking Methodology for Network Interconnect
		    Devices
	Author(s):  S. Bradner, J. McQuaid
	Status:     Informational
	Date:       March 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      31
        Characters: 66688 
        Obsoletes:  1944
        I-D Tag:    NA

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2544.txt

This document is a republication of RFC 1944 correcting the values for
the IP addresses which were assigned to be used as the default
addresses for networking test equipment. (See section C.2.2 ).  This
RFC replaces and obsoletes RFC 1944.

This document discusses and defines a number of tests that may be
used to describe the performance characteristics of a network
interconnecting  device.  In addition to defining the tests this
document also describes specific formats for reporting the results of
the tests.  Appendix A lists the tests and conditions that we believe
should be included for specific cases and gives additional
information about testing practices.  Appendix B is a reference
listing of maximum frame rates to be used with specific frame sizes
on various media and Appendix C gives some examples of frame formats
to be used in testing.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.