Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-cmc-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:11:11 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Certificate Management Messages over CMS
	Author(s)	: M. Myers, X. Liu, J. Schaad, J. Weinstein
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-cmc-03.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 22-Mar-99
	
This document defines a Certificate Management protocol using CMS (CMC).
 This protocol addresses two immediate needs within the Internet PKI
 community:
 
 1. The need for an interface to public key certification products and
    services based on [CMS] and [PKCS10], and
 2. The need in [SMIMEV3] for a certificate enrollment protocol for DSA-
    signed certificates with Diffie-Hellman public keys.
 
 A small number of additional services are defined to supplement the core
 certificate request service.
 
 Throughout this specification the term CMS is used to refer to both [CMS]
 and [PKCS7].  For signedData the two specifications are equivalent.  For
 envelopedData CMS is a superset of the PKCS7. In general, the use of
 PKCS7 in this document is aligned to the Cryptographic Message Syntax
 [CMS] that provides a superset of the PKCS7 syntax. The term CMC refers
 to this specification.
 
 The key words 'MUST', 'REQUIRED', 'SHOULD', 'RECOMMENDED', and 'MAY' in
 this document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC 2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-cmc-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-cmc-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-cmc-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.