Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-westberg-loadcntr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 18:05:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Load control of real-time traffic
	Author(s)	: Z. Turanyi, L. Westberg
	Filename	: draft-westberg-loadcntr-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 01-Mar-99
	
    Congestion control is known to be of outmost importance in the
    current Internet. However, the main targets of congestion or load
    control schemes were TCP and other adaptive applications, which can
    react to congestion signals by reducing their transmission rate.
    The purpose of this memo is to describe a method to block traffic
    belonging to other traffic classes or applications where it is not
    feasible or desired to reduce transmission rate below a certain
    point (such as voice). This method is intended mainly for diffserv
    capable backbone networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-loadcntr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-westberg-loadcntr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-westberg-loadcntr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.