Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-side-sigtran-ips7-rtsp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 18:23:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Functional Description of SSCOP
	Author(s)	: G. Sidebottom
	Filename	: draft-side-sigtran-ips7-rtsp-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 01-Mar-99
	
This document provides a functional description of the services provided
by the Service Specific Connection Oriented Protocol (SSCOP) as
described in ITU Recommendation Q.2110.  SSCOP performs connection
control, transfer of variable length user data units, sequence
integrity, error correction, and flow control functions to its users.
These services are currently used to support the transport requirements
of signalling applications which require reliable, ordered, low-latency
transfer over large bandwidth paths.  Although SSCOP is currently
defined to transfer information between Layer 3 entities across the
UNI and NNI using ATM virtual channels it may be possible to apply the
same concepts to provide transfer of information over UDP/IP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-side-sigtran-ips7-rtsp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-side-sigtran-ips7-rtsp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-side-sigtran-ips7-rtsp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.