Subject: 44th IETF - TERMINAL ROOM INFORMATION

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 13:08:31 -0500

Dear IETF Minneapolis attendees,

This message contains some information about the terminal room for 
the 44th IETF meeting to be held in Minneapolis.

The terminal room will be located in the Salon B/C in the Hilton hotel.

The terminal room will be available at the latest from 4:00pm on Sunday,
March 14 to 12:00 noon on Friday, March 19 with Help Desk coverage from 
8:00am to 8:00pm.

The terminal room will be equipped with: 

  o 4 HP Printers (3 plain paper & 1 overhead transparencies)
  o 70 Compaq Windows NT workstations
  o 15 Compaq Unix workstations

All workstations should have Office 97 and Netscape installed.

There will be 100 10BaseT drops for laptops.

Compaq will be providing some 2.422 GHz RoamAbout access points 
throughout the IETF meeting area.

A DHCP server will be handing out addresses to all PC's from...

  209.32.92
  209.32.93
  209.32.94
  209.32.95

although parts of that range will be dedicated to other services such 
as the MBONE.

All attendees who plan to plug their laptops into this network are 
STRONGLY encouraged to install/use a DHCP client. Individual IP addresses
can be had from the help desk, but help desk workers are volunteers and 
they have higher priorities than managing IP addresses. So DHCP is your 
best bet.