Subject: 44th IETF: BOFs - RTM, SLUMS (fwd)

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 06:34:40 -0500

Attached are the descriptions (and agenda if provided) for two BOFs
meeting in Minneapolis.

For an up-to-date listing, please visit
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/wg_agenda_minneapolis.html

Reliable Multicast Transport BOF (rmt)

Chair: Vern Paxson <[email-masked]>

DESCRIPTION:

This BOF focusses on creating a working group to develop protocols
for reliable multicast between a few senders and a potentially
large number of receivers. There are two related goals. The first
is to explore two different approaches for standardizing reliable
multicast protocols in the IETF: the "building block" approach, in
which different RM elements such as congestion control mechanisms
or tree-based ACK mechanisms are developed as modules that can then
be combined to build different protocols, and the "whole protocol"
approach, in which the emphasis is on developing integrated protocols
directly. The second goal is to explore what a reliable multicast
WG charter would look like.

AGENDA:

Introduction (5 minutes - Vern Paxson)
Context (10 minutes - Mark Handley)
The building block approach (30 minutes - Mark Handley)
Whole protocol approaches:
	RMTP-II (15 minutes - Brian Whetton)
	PGM (15 minutes - Tony Speakman)
	Starburst (15 minutes - Ken Miller)
Discussion (30 minutes)
============================================================
Support for Lots of Unicast Multiplexed Sessions BOF (slums)

Chairs: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
        Vern Paxson <[email-masked]>

DESCRIPTION:

This BOF is a follow-up to address some of the issues raised in the
RUTS BOF at the Orlando IETF meeting and in a number of other working 
group sessions in Orlando. The aim of the BOF is to try and understand 
the best way to be able to support multiple parallel unicast sessions 
between two IP hosts.

AGENDA: 

Introduction:   15 min
Discussion of issues raised on the mailing list:   90 min
Next Steps:   15 min

------- End of Forwarded Message