Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kitamura-socks-ipv6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:28:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SOCKSv5 Protocol Extensions for IPv6/IPv4 	
			  Communication Environment
	Author(s)	: H. Kitamura
	Filename	: draft-kitamura-socks-ipv6-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 09-Feb-99
	
This document describes three types of extensions of SOCKS Version 5
    protocol [RFC1928]. A new address type and a new command for Requests
    and Replies are introduced. These extensions supplement the
    insufficient generic functions of the SOCKSv5 protocol.

    These extensions enable a SOCKS server to be used as a translator for
    IPv4 and IPv6 mixed heteregenous communications with ease.  In
    addition, they make each homogeneous IPv4 and IPv6 communication
    efficient.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-socks-ipv6-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kitamura-socks-ipv6-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-socks-ipv6-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.