Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cuervo-megaco-mgcp-compromise-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 18:22:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Proposal for a two-ended connection model for MGCP
	Author(s)	: P. Blatherwick, F. Cuervo, N. Greene, G. Gibbs
	Filename	: draft-cuervo-megaco-mgcp-compromise-00.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 01-Mar-99
	
The connection model in MGCP grew from a half-connection model, to, more
recently, a model that allows a second edgepoint to be specified [3]. In
this document, we have taken the connection model a step further, making
it symmetrical, identifying the difference between external connections
and an MG- connection, allowing signalling related commands to be asso-
ciated with either edgepoint, or with both edgepoints in an MG. While
the half-connection model may work best for the simple case of MGs with
an external IP connection on one side, the proposed more general connec-
tion model adapts easily when the MG is for packet to packet connec-
tions, when the MG is TDM on one side and IP on the other, as well as
when the external connections are ATM on either side of an MG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cuervo-megaco-mgcp-compromise-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cuervo-megaco-mgcp-compromise-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cuervo-megaco-mgcp-compromise-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.