Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-king-vnd-urlscheme-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:21:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The VND Tree for URL Scheme Names
	Author(s)	: I. King
	Filename	: draft-king-vnd-urlscheme-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 24-Mar-99
	
        This document describes the vnd scheme namespace, or 'tree,' which
        provides for vendor-specific URL scheme namespaces with relaxed
        registration requirements, which can be used with no concern for
        name collision.  The namespace also implicitly provides
        identification of the originator of the URL scheme, in the event
        others become interested in the scheme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-king-vnd-urlscheme-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-king-vnd-urlscheme-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-king-vnd-urlscheme-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.