Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hou-cbt-qos-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 20:48:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: QoS Extension to CBT
	Author(s)	: J. Hou, H. Tyan, B. Wang, Y. Chen
	Filename	: draft-hou-cbt-qos-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 03-Mar-99
	
   This document describes extension to the CBT protocol to maintain a
   multicast tree with user-specified QoS properties.  Specifically, it
   describes enhancements in the member join/leave and state
   update/refresh procedures to facilitate the deployment of additive
   (e.g., end-to-end delay bound), multiplicative (e.g., packet loss
   ratio along a path) and concave (e.g., minimum bandwidth available)
   QoS.
 
   Eligibility tests are devised to verify whether or not a new member
   can join a multicast tree at adequate QoS, while not violating the
   QoS received by on-tree members.  Management of router state is based
   on a simple state update and refresh procedure that can be readily
   integrated with the tree maintenance mechanism that exists in CBT
   (i.e., echo-requests and echo-replies).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hou-cbt-qos-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hou-cbt-qos-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hou-cbt-qos-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.