Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-toney-purdet-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 18:08:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PURDET  Reliable Transport Extensions on UDP
	Author(s)	: K. Toney
	Filename	: draft-toney-purdet-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 01-Mar-99
	
   Originally this draft started out as 'Reliable Extensions To UDP'.
   Instead of calling it 'Reliable Extensions To UDP', it was decided
   to use an anagram, PURDET, to represent what this draft was about.
 
   This PURDET specification defines a very lightweight protocol
   with minimal transport functions necessary to provide reliability
   and flow control over non-reliable UDP transport.  It is intended
   to be very easy to implement, to have a small footprint on the
   OS to allow high fan-out, and support simple control of the
   connection.
 
   PURDET supports sequencing, flow control, multiplexing/protocol
   identification (using an optional field), error retransmission,
   and link loss detection.
 
   PURDET is a work in progress presented for comment.  The author
   hopes this represents positive progress towards a reliability
   approach appropriate to the needs of real time control and similar
   applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-toney-purdet-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-toney-purdet-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-toney-purdet-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.