Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pint-saint-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:07:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the PSTN and Internet Internetworking Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: A proposal for the provisioning of PSTN 
                          initiated services running on the Internet
	Author(s)	: J. Buller
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pint-saint-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 22-Mar-99
	
   This  Internet Draft has arisen  out of  work  concentrating  on  the
   interconnection  of IP  and the  Public  Switched  Telephone  Network
   (PSTN) undertaken within the PINT working group.  Efforts within this
   group have,  to date, concentrated on the initiation of PSTN services
   from the Internet.
 
   This Internet Draft aims  to describe a possible architecture for the
   implementation of services initiated from  the PSTN such as,  but not
   limited  to,  Internet Call Waiting  (ICW).  It also  identifies  the
   possibility  of using this class of service,  in conjunction with the
   PINT work already undertaken,  in order to provide a third flavour of
   service.
 
   This Internet Draft deliberately does not to define the protocols for
   these kinds of services, although descriptions contained within it do
   use Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) terminology.
 
   The purpose  of this  Internet Draft  is to  ascertain  the level  of
   interest in pursuing this area of work. It is submitted with the goal
   of forming the basis of an Informational RFC and thereby further work
   on the standardisation of the  provision of  these kinds of services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pint-saint-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pint-saint-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pint-saint-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.