Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-eaptls-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 11:30:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: PPP EAP TLS Authentication Protocol
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba, D. Simon
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-eaptls-05.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 02-Feb-99
	
The  Point-to-Point  Protocol  (PPP)  provides  a  standard  method  for
transporting multi-protocol datagrams over  point-to-point  links.   PPP
also  defines  an  extensible  Link Control Protocol (LCP), which can be
used to negotiate authentication  methods,  as  well  as  an  Encryption
Control  Protocol  (ECP),  used  to  negotiate  data encryption over PPP
links, and a Compression  Control  Protocol  (CCP),  used  to  negotiate
compression  methods.  The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is a
PPP  extension  that  provides  support  for  additional  authentication
methods within PPP.

Transport  Level  Security  (TLS)  provides  for  mutual authentication,
integrity-protected ciphersuite negotiation and key exchange between two
endpoints.   This document describes how EAP-TLS, which includes support
for fragmentation and reassembly,  provides  for  these  TLS  mechanisms
within EAP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-eaptls-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-eaptls-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-eaptls-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.