Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-mrm-use-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 20:45:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Justification for and use 
                          of the Multicast Routing Monitor (MRM) Protocol
	Author(s)	: K. Almeroth, L. Wei
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mboned-mrm-use-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 03-Mar-99
	
This document motivates the need for the Multicast Routing Monitor
(MRM) [MRM] protocol by describing the niche that exists for a
router-based multicast management protocol.  Using the 'sufficient
and necessary' argument, we suggest that existing protocols and
techniques lack important management functionality.  This document
briefly describes the methodology used by MRM, justifies the
existence of MRM, and describes some of the scenarios in which MRM
will be of value.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-mrm-use-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mboned-mrm-use-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-mrm-use-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.