Subject: 44th IETF: BOFs - WEIRD, XMLDSIG (fwd)

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 06:49:03 -0500

Attached are the descriptions (and agenda if provided) for two BOFs
meeting in Minneapolis.

For an up-to-date listing, please visit
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/wg_agenda_minneapolis.html

Web Evangelism of Internet-Related Developments BOF (weird)

Chair: Chris Burke <[email-masked]>

DESCRIPTION:

The WEIRD will develop a set of web pages that contain introductory 
information about the Internet that is of interest to new users and 
to those who support new users. It will include information that may 
already be included in FYI documents, as well as information that is 
better suited to an online format. The web pages will also include 
basic information about the IETF itself, which will be created in 
collaboration with and reviewed by the IETF Secretariat. The group 
may also use work done in the various IETF areas as a basis for 
describing general Internet trends.

In order to create a historic archive of the online data and to make 
it more accessible to users who may have difficulty with online access, 
the group will capture a snapshot of the web pages and publish it as 
an FYI document after one year.

AGENDA: 

Welcome and agenda bash                 5 mins Chris Burke

Background                             15 mins April Marine

Discussion of scope of draft charter   45 mins Chris Burke

Milestones                             15 mins Chris and WG
=============================================================
XML Digital Signatures BOF (xmldsig)

Chair: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>

DESCRIPTION:

XML is being used increasingly for a variety of purposes on the Internet. 
Many of these purposes impose integrity and/or authentication requirements 
that would best be met by an XML digital signature standard. Two internet 
drafts already exist in this area: raft-brown-xml-dsig-00.txt and
draft-hiroshi-dom-hash-00.txt. This BoF is to help decide if a working 
group should be formed to work on a standards track proposal in this area.

AGENDA:

(1) Agenday Bashing
(2) Discussion of W3C Workshop (if it occurs before this BoF)
(3) Discussion of draft-brown-xml-dsig-00.txt
(4) Discussion of draft-hiroshi-dom-hash-00.txt
(5) Discussion of draft charter and advisability of forming a WG.

------- End of Forwarded Message