Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-harding-extensible-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 10:53:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensible Protocol
	Author(s)	: T. Harding
	Filename	: draft-harding-extensible-protocol-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 01-Feb-99
	
   This memo defines the Extensible Protocol (XP).  XP is a generic
   application-level protocol meant to serve as the foundation for
   specific protocols, in a manner analogous to the way in which the
   Extensible Markup Language (XML) recommendation of the World Wide Web
   Consortium serves as the foundation for specific markup languages. XP
   is a bidirectional protocol on which XML documents are exchanged
   between two endpoints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harding-extensible-protocol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-harding-extensible-protocol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-harding-extensible-protocol-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.