Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wu-mpls-diff-ext-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 19:19:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MPLS Support of Differentiated Services by 
                          ATM LSRs and Frame Relay LSRs
	Author(s)	: L. Wu, P. Cheval, P. Vaananen, F. le Faucheur, B. Davie
	Filename	: draft-wu-mpls-diff-ext-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 26-Feb-99
	
   This document proposes updates to the current MPLS LDP and MPLS RSVP
   messages for LSP establishment in order to support Differentiated
   Services (Diff-Serv) over ATM LSRs and Frame Relay LSRs.
 
   In brief, we propose that:
 
      - a set of PHBs that requires no misordering of packets in a
      microflow (even if the microflow contains packets for more than
      one PHB) be defined as a PHB forwarding class (PFC);
 
      - packets that belong to the same PFC and the same forwarding
      equivalence class (FEC) should be transported over the same ATM
      LSP or FR LSP;
 
      - for a given FEC, a separate ATM LSP or FR LSP should be
      established for each PFC, so that multiple ATM or FR LSPs are
      established in parallel for support of Diff-Serv;
 
      - among the set of PHBs transported over the same ATM LSP or FR
      LSP, the different PHBs' drop precedences be mapped into, and
      enforced via, the layer 2 specific selective discard mechanism
      (CLP bit with ATM, DE bit with FR).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-mpls-diff-ext-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wu-mpls-diff-ext-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wu-mpls-diff-ext-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.