Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kunze-dchtml-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:07:52 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Encoding Dublin Core Metadata in HTML
	Author(s)	: J. Kunze
	Filename	: draft-kunze-dchtml-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 19-Mar-99
	
The Dublin Core [DC1] is a small set of metadata elements for describing
information resources.  This document explains how these elements are
expressed using the META and LINK tags of HTML [HTML4.0].  A sequence of
metadata elements embedded in an HTML file is taken to be a description
of that file.  Examples illustrate conventions allowing interoperation
with current software that indexes, displays, and manipulates metadata,
such as [SWISH-E], [freeWAIS-sf2.0], [GLIMPSE], [HARVEST], [ISEARCH],
etc., and the Perl [PERL] scripts in the appendix.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kunze-dchtml-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kunze-dchtml-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kunze-dchtml-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.