Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-lipkey-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 20:44:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: LIPKEY - A Low Infrastructure Public Key 
                          Mechanism Using SPKM
	Author(s)	: M. Eisler
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-lipkey-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 03-Mar-99
	
   This memorandum describes a method whereby one can use GSS-API
   [RFC2078] to supply a secure channel between a client and server,
   authenticating the client with a password, and server with a public
   key certificate.  As such, it is analogous to the common low
   infrastructure usage of the Transport Layer Service (TLS) protocol
   [RFC2246].
 
   The method leverages the existing Simple Public Key Mechanism (SPKM)
   [RFC2025], and is specified as a separate GSS-API mechanism (LIPKEY)
   layered on top of SPKM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-lipkey-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-lipkey-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-lipkey-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.