Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-acap-motd-dataset-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 18:13:49 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application Configuration Access Protocol
 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ACAP Message of the Day Dataset Class
	Author(s)	: R. Troll
	Filename	: draft-ietf-acap-motd-dataset-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 01-Mar-99
	
    The Application Configuration Access Protocol [ACAP] is designed to
    support remote storage and access of common application option,
    configuration and preference information.  Once such piece of
    information is the 'Message of the Day' greeting, used by system
    administrators to communicate important information to all users
    when they begin to use a system.  This document describes a common
    format for storing MOTD information in ACAP, how site administrators
    may configure their ACAP MOTD service to allow multiple groups
    within the site to provide custom MOTD information, and how a client
    should access and use this information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-motd-dataset-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-acap-motd-dataset-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-motd-dataset-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.