Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-balenson-groupkeymgmt-oft-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 20:49:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Key Management for Large Dynamic 
                          Groups:  One-Way Function Trees and 
                          Amortized Initialization
	Author(s)	: D. Balenson, D. McGrew, A. Sherman
	Filename	: draft-balenson-groupkeymgmt-oft-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 03-Mar-99
	
  We present a scalable method for establishing group session keys
  for secure large, dynamic groups such as multicast sessions.
  Our method is based on a novel application of One-Way Function
  Trees (OFTs).  The number of keys stored by group members, the
  number of keys broadcast to the group when new members are added
  or evicted, and the computational efforts of group members, are
  logarithmic in the number of group members.  The method provides
  perfect forward and backward security:  evicted members cannot
  read future messages, even with collusion by arbitrarily many
  evicted members, and newly admitted group members cannot read
  previous messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balenson-groupkeymgmt-oft-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-balenson-groupkeymgmt-oft-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-balenson-groupkeymgmt-oft-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.