Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moore-qualsvc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:16:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Specification of the Qualitative Service Type
	Author(s)	: T. Moore
	Filename	: draft-moore-qualsvc-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 02-Mar-99
	
   This draft describes the use of RSVP [RFC2205] with applications
   that do not have resource requirements that may not be readily
   quantifiable (qualitative applications). We introduce the
   \146qualitative\106 service-type. This service-type can be used in
   conjunction with RSVP signaling to manage the allocation of network
   resources to traffic originating from qualitative applications. This
   mode of RSVP usage is particularly applicable to networks that
   combine differentiated service (diff-serv) QoS mechanisms with RSVP
   signaling [intdiff].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moore-qualsvc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-moore-qualsvc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moore-qualsvc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.