Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-mcast-apps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 20:53:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IP Multicast Applications:  Challenges and Solutions
	Author(s)	: B. Quinn, K. Almeroth
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mboned-mcast-apps-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 02-Mar-99
	
   This document describes the challenges involved with designing and
   implementing multicast applications.  It is an introductory guide
   for application developers that highlights the unique considerations
   of multicast applications as compared to unicast applications.
 
   To this end, the document presents a taxonomy of multicast
   application I/O models and examples of the services they can
   support.  It then describes the service requirements of these
   multicast applications, and the recent and ongoing efforts to build
   protocol solutions to support these services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-mcast-apps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mboned-mcast-apps-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-mcast-apps-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.