Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mhtml-info-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:02:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate HTML 
Documents Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Sending HTML in MIME, an informational supplement 
                          to the RFC:  MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate 
                          Documents, such as HTML (MHTML)
	Author(s)	: J. Palme
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mhtml-info-11.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 23-Mar-99
	
The memo 'MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate Documents, such as HTML
(MHTML)' (draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-05.txt) specifies how to send packaged
aggregate HTML objects in MIME format. This memo is an accompanying
informational document, intended to be an aid to developers. This
document is not an Internet standard.
 
Issues discussed are implementation methods, caching strategies, problems
with rewriting of URIs, making messages suitable both for mailers which
can and which cannot handle Multipart/related and handling recipients
which do not have full Internet connectivity.
 
The latest version of this document is available in HTML format at:
http://www.dsv.su.se/~jpalme/ietf/mhtml-info.html
 
Differences from the previous versions 9 and 10 of this draft
 
(1) A paragraph about one disadvantage with MAILTO action elements has
been added to section 10.
 
(2) A new section 13: Default font size has been added
 
(3) A new temporary section 'Issue list' immediately below has been added

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mhtml-info-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mhtml-info-11.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mhtml-info-11.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.