Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-gkmframework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 18:39:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Framework for Group Key Management for
		 	  Multicast Security
	Author(s)	: B. Cain, N. Doraswamy, T. Hardjono
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-gkmframework-01.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 19-Feb-99
	
This document provides a framework for group key management for
multicast security, motivated by three main considerations, namely
the multicast application, scalability and trust-relationships among
entities.  It introduces two planes corresponding to the network
entities and functions important to multicasting and to security. The
key management plane consists of two hierarchy-levels in the form of
a single 'trunk region' (inter-region) and one or more 'leaf regions'
(intra-region). The advantages of the framework among others
are that it is scalable, it has reduced complexity and allows the
independence in regions of group key management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-gkmframework-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-gkmframework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-gkmframework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.