Subject: Protocol Action: Internet Public Key Infrastructure Operational Protocols - LDAPv2 to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 11:35:55 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Internet Public Key
Infrastructure  Operational Protocols - LDAPv2'
<draft-ietf-pkix-ipki2opp-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group.  The IESG contact person is Jeffrey Schiller.

Technical Summary
 
  This document defines a mechanism based on LDAP v2  (RFC 1777) for the
  query, storage and  removal of information  related to  a X.509 Public
  Key Infrastructure. Specifically this document covers the encodings of
  X.509  Certificates and  Certificate Revocation  Lists  (CRLs) and the
  mechanisms used to store and retrieve them in directory "repositories"
  operated by Certifying Authorities and other organizations.

Working Group Summary

  This document  is the product of  the PKIX  working group. The working
  group reached consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  Jeffrey I. Schiller reviewed the specification for the IESG.