Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-ds-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:14:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Layer Two Tunneling Protocol ''L2TP'' 
                          IP Differential Services Extension
	Author(s)	: P. Calhoun, K. Peirce
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-ds-03.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 02-Mar-99
	
   The L2TP document [1] defines the base protocol which describes the
   method of tunneling PPP [2] data. The L2TP base protocol does not
   address any Differential Services extensions.
 
   Since the market is reluctant to outsource dial access without any
   Quality of Service assurances, this draft addresses this problem by
   allowing each L2TP Data Session to be assigned an appropriate
   differential services indicator.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-ds-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-ds-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-ds-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.