Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hamilton-content-md5-origin-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:22:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Content-MD5-Origin: header
	Author(s)	: M. Hamilton
	Filename	: draft-hamilton-content-md5-origin-01.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 02-Mar-99
	
   The Content-MD5: header specified in RFC 1864 has not been widely
   deployed, though this would be highly desirable for a number of
   reasons.  The author conjectures that this lack of usage is due at
   least in part to the requirement that only originating user agents
   may add a Content-MD5: header.  This proposal updates RFC 1864 to
   remove that requirement, and defines the header Content-MD5-Origin:
   for use by relaying hosts to indicate the point at which a Content-
   MD5: header was added.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hamilton-content-md5-origin-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hamilton-content-md5-origin-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hamilton-content-md5-origin-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.