Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ion-proxypar-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:34:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internetworking Over NBMA Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Proxy PAR
	Author(s)	:  P. Droz, A. Przygienda
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ion-proxypar-arch-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 17-Feb-99
	
   Proxy PAR is a minimal version of PAR (PNNI Augmented Routing) that
   gives ATM attached devices the ability to interact with PNNI devices
   without the necessity to fully support PAR. Proxy PAR is designed as
   a client/server interaction where the client side is much simpler
   than the server side to allow fast implementation and deployment.

   The purpose of Proxy PAR is to allow non-ATM devices to use the
   flooding mechanisms provided by PNNI for registration and automatic
   discovery of services offered by ATM attached devices.  The first
   version of PAR addresses mainly protocols available in IPv4.  But
   it also disposes of a generic interface to access the flooding of
   PNNI. In addition, Proxy PAR capable servers provide filtering based
   on VPN IDs, IP protocols and address prefixes.  This enables for
   instance routers in a certain VPN running OSPF to find OSPF neighbors
   on the same subnet.  The protocol is built using a registration/query
   approach where devices can register their services and query for
   services and protocols registered by other clients.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ion-proxypar-arch-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ion-proxypar-arch-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ion-proxypar-arch-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.