Subject: RFC 2535 on DNS Security Extensions

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 14:44:37 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2535: 

        Title:	    Domain Name System Security Extensions
	Author(s):  D. Eastlake
	Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       March 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      47
        Characters: 110958
        Updates:    2181, 1035, 1034
        Obsoletes:  2065
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnssec-secext2-07.txt
	pathname on ftp.isi.edu: in-notes/rfc2535.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2535.txt

Extensions to the Domain Name System (DNS) are described that provide
data integrity and authentication to security aware resolvers and
applications through the use of cryptographic digital signatures.
These digital signatures are included in secured zones as resource
records.  Security can also be provided through non-security aware
DNS servers in some cases.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Security Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.