Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-baker-rsvp-aggregation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:09:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Aggregation of RSVP for IP4 and IP6 Reservations
	Author(s)	: F. Baker
	Filename	: draft-baker-rsvp-aggregation-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 04-Mar-99
	
          A key problem in the design of RSVP version 1 is, as noted in
          its applicability statement, that it lacks facilities for
          aggregation of individual reserved sessions into a common
          class. The use of such aggregation is recommended in the paper
          by Clark, Shenker, and Zhang in SIGCOMM '92, and required for
          scalability.
 
          This document describes the use of a single RSVP reservation
          to aggregate other RSVP reservations across a transit routing
          region, in a manner conceptually similar to the use of Virtual
          Paths in an ATM network. It proposes a way to dynamically
          create the aggregate reservation, classify the traffic for
          which the aggregate reservation applies, determine how much
          bandwidth is needed to achieve the requirement, and recover
          the bandwidth when the sub-reservations are no longer
          required. It also contains recommendations concerning
          algorithms and policies for predictive reservations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-rsvp-aggregation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-baker-rsvp-aggregation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-baker-rsvp-aggregation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.