Subject: Protocol Action: MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate Documents, such as HTML (MHTML) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:27:19 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft MIME Encapsulation of
Aggregate Documents, such as HTML (MHTML) <draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-07.txt>
as a Proposed Standard. This document replaces RFC 2110, currently a
Proposed Standard.

This document is the product of the MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate
HTML Documents Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Keith Moore
and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
 This memo defines a means of encapsulating multiple HTML documents
 (or other documents) inside a single MIME message, such that the
 documents included in the MIME message can refer to one another
 using URLs.

 This is a minor update to RFC 2110, to address implementation
 concerns found with the first version.

Working Group Summary

 This is a very minor update.  The working group reached consensus
 on these changes.

Protocol Quality

 Keith Moore reviewed the spec for IESG.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please remove the parenthetical question from the 
Security Considerations section of this document.