Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpimpl-newreno-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:06:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the TCP Implementation
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The NewReno Modification to TCP's Fast
			  Recovery Algorithm
	Author(s)	: S. Floyd, T. Henderson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpimpl-newreno-02.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 15-Feb-99
	
RFC 2001 [RFC2001] documents the following four intertwined TCP
congestion control algorithms: Slow Start, Congestion Avoidance, Fast
Retransmit, and Fast Recovery.  RFC 2001-bis [RFC2001-bis] explicitly
allows certain modifications of these algorithms, including
modifications that use the TCP Selective Acknowledgement (SACK) option
[MMFR96], and modifications that respond to "partial acknowledgments"
(ACKs which cover new data, but not all the data outstanding when loss
was detected) in the absence of SACK.  This document describes a
specific algorithm for responding to partial acknowledgments, referred
to as NewReno.  This response to partial acknowledgments was first
proposed by Janey Hoe in [Hoe95].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpimpl-newreno-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpimpl-newreno-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpimpl-newreno-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.