Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mogul-http-req-sum-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:21:41 -0500

Note:  This announcement is being re-sent with a new filename.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Format and Example of HTTP/1.1 Requirements Summary
	Author(s)	: J. Mogul
	Filename	: draft-mogul-http-req-sum-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 26-Mar-99
	
        RFC1122 [1] introduced a ``Requirements Summary'' format,
        to help implementors understand what aspects of a lengthy
        specification were mandatory, recommended, or optional.
        The HTTP/1.1 specification is similarly lengthy and
        complicated; many implementors have asked for guidance in
        understanding what they need to do.  The latest draft
        revision of the HTTP/1.1 specification [2] has a
        placeholder section for a ``Requirements Summary'', but
        there has been relatively little discussion of the format
        and content of this summary in the HTTP working group.
        This document proposes a specific format for the summary,
        and gives an example summary for one section of the
        document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mogul-http-req-sum-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mogul-http-req-sum-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mogul-http-req-sum-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.