Subject: RFC 2541 on DNS Security Operational Considerations

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:03:42 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2541: 

        Title:	    DNS Security Operational Considerations
	Author(s):  D. Eastlake
	Status:     Informational
	Date:       March 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      7
        Characters: 14498
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnssec-secops-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2541.txt

Secure DNS is based on cryptographic techniques.  A necessary part of
the strength of these techniques is careful attention to the
operational aspects of key and signature generation, lifetime, size,
and storage.  In addition, special attention must be paid to the
security of the high level zones, particularly the root zone.  This
document discusses these operational aspects for keys and signatures
used in connection with the KEY and SIG DNS resource records.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Security Working
Group of the IETF.
 
This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.