Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sakurai-pkix-icap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 10:52:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Web-based Integrated CA services Protocol, ICAP
	Author(s)	: M. Sakurai, H. Kikuchi, H. Hattori, Y. Sameshima, H. Kumagai
	Filename	: draft-sakurai-pkix-icap-01.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 01-Feb-99
	
   This document provides a sub set of specifications how to issue,
   publish X.509 certificates and certificate revocation lists (CRLs).
   It also provides the certificate validation service by online.  In
   the proposed specifications, the World Wide Web (WWW) is used for
   secure distributing certificates across a firewall in both human and
   machine readable syntax. These specifications define not only the
   protocols between the PKI clients and a single CA, but also the
   protocols between the CAs.  With the CA-CA communications, the PKI
   clients can retrieve any certificates and CRLs without specifying the
   location of the appropriate CA, by only asking to the neighbor CA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sakurai-pkix-icap-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sakurai-pkix-icap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sakurai-pkix-icap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.