Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-acharya-ipsofacto-mpls-mcast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 17:37:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Multicast Support in MPLS Networks
	Author(s)	: A. Acharya, F. Griffoul, F. Ansari
	Filename	: draft-acharya-ipsofacto-mpls-mcast-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 25-Feb-99
	
   Multicast  support in  a  MPLS  network has yet   to be  defined. This
   document discusses both dense-mode and sparse-mode IP multicast within
   the   context of a MPLS  network.   Unlike unicast routing, dense-mode
   multicast routing trees are established in a data-driven manner and it
   is  not possible  to   topologically aggregate such  trees,  which are
   rooted at different sources. In sparse-mode multicast, source-specific
   trees may coexist with a core/shared  tree, and it  is not possible to
   assign a common label to traffic from different sources on a branch of
   the shared tree. This leads  us to suggest a per-source traffic-driven
   label allocation scheme for supporting   all three types of  multicast
   (dense  mode, shared tree,  source  tree)   routing  trees in a   MPLS
   network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-acharya-ipsofacto-mpls-mcast-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-acharya-ipsofacto-mpls-mcast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-acharya-ipsofacto-mpls-mcast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.