Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rap-signaled-priority-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:10:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RSVP Admission Policy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Signaled Preemption Priority Policy Element
	Author(s)	: S. Herzog
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rap-signaled-priority-03.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 02-Mar-99
	
  This document describes a preemption priority policy element for use
  by signaled policy based admission protocols (such as [RSVP] and
  [COPS]).
 
  Preemption priority defines a relative importance (rank) within the
  set of flows competing to be admitted into the network. Rather than
  admitting flows by order of arrival (First Come First Admitted)
  network nodes may consider priorities to preempt some previously
  admitted low priority flows in order to make room for a newer, high-
  priority flow.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-signaled-priority-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rap-signaled-priority-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-signaled-priority-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.