Subject: BCP 30, RFC 2505 on Anti-Spam Recommendations

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 14:12:49 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 30:
	RFC 2505: 

        Title:	    Anti-Spam Recommendations for SMTP MTAs
	Author(s):  G. Lindberg
	Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       February 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      24
        Characters: 53597
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-lindberg-anti-spam-mta-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2505.txt

This memo gives a number of implementation recommendations for SMTP,
MTAs (Mail Transfer Agents, e.g. sendmail) to make them
more capable of reducing the impact of spam.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.