Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-cellular-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 17:34:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements on Mobile IP from a Cellular Perspective
	Author(s)	: E. Gustafsson, A. Jonsson, E. Hubbard,  
                          J. Malmkvist,  A. Roos
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-cellular-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 25-Feb-99
	
The increasing interest in Mobile IP as a potential macro-mobility
solution for cellular networks leads to new solutions and extensions
to the existing protocol. There is also a need to put together the
demands on Mobile IP, from a cellular perspective, in order to
harmonize the evolution of Mobile IP and the existing mobility
solutions in cellular networks.
 
This draft lists a first set of requirements on Mobile IP for use in
cellular networks, for instance IMT-2000, and relates the requirements
to proposed solutions. These requirements consider Mobile IPv4, but
the list will be extended for Mobile IPv6 as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-cellular-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-cellular-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-cellular-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.