Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-diffserv-phb-ef-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 18:39:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Differentiated Services
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Expedited Forwarding PHB
	Author(s)	: V. Jacobson, K. Nichols, K. Poduri
	Filename	: draft-ietf-diffserv-phb-ef-02.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 19-Feb-99
	
The definition of PHBs (per-hop forwarding behaviors) is a
    critical part of the work of the Diffserv Working Group.  This
    document describes a PHB called Expedited Forwarding. We show the
    generality of this PHB by noting that it can be produced by more
    than one mechanism and give an example of its use to produce at
    least one service, a Virtual Leased Line.  A recommended
    codepoint for this PHB is given.
 
    A pdf version of this document is available at
    ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/papers/ef_phb.pdf

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-phb-ef-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-diffserv-phb-ef-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-phb-ef-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.