Subject: RFC 2533 on A Syntax for Describing Media Feature Sets

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:48:17 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2533: 

        Title:	    A Syntax for Describing Media Feature Sets
	Author(s):  G. Klyne
	Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       March 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      37
        Characters: 79057
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-conneg-feature-syntax-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2533.txt

This document introduces and describes a syntax that can be used to
define feature sets which are formed from combinations and
relations involving individual media features.  Such feature sets
are used to describe the media feature handling capabilities of
message senders, recipients and file formats.

This document is a product of the Content Negotiation Working Group of
the IETF.
 
This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.
 
This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.