Subject: RFC 2502 on Limitations of Internet Protocol Suite

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 14:29:52 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2502: 

        Title:	    Limitations of Internet Protocol Suite for
		    Distributed Simulation the Large Multicast
		    Environment
	Author(s):  M. Pullen, M. Myjak, C. Bouwens
	Status:     Informational
	Date:       February 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
		    [email-masked]
	Pages:      11
        Characters: 28190
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None    
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lsma-limitations-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2502.txt

The Large-Scale Multicast Applications (LSMA) working group was
chartered to produce documents aimed at a consensus based
development of the Internet protocols to support large scale multicast
applications including real-time distributed simulation.  This memo
defines services that LSMA has found to be required, and aspects of
the Internet protocols that LSMA has found to need further development
in order to meet these requirements.

This document is a product of the Large Scale Multicast Applications
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.