Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:24:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Media Gateway Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MEGACO Protocol Proposal
	Author(s)	: F. Cuervo, C. Huitema, K. Kelly,
                          B. Rosen, P. Sijben, E. Zimmerer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-00.txt
	Pages		: 83
	Date		: 26-Mar-99
	
This document is an early draft of a proposed protocol that can be used
to control a Media Gateway (MG) from an external controller called a
Media Gateway Controller (MGC).
 
The document is organized into the following major sections:
 
*    The Introduction section presents a high-level overview of the pro-
     tocol.  It discusses the connection model used and provides an
     example call flow to help illustrate the protocol's functionality.
 
*    The Commands section presents a description of each of the opera-
     tions supported along with their parameters.
 
*    The Security section presents the security requirements of the pro-
     tocol and describes its usage of IP security services (IPSEC).
 
*    The Syntax section presents the syntactical elements of the proto-
     col independent of its encoding.
 
*    The Transport section presents how the protocol is carried on a
     packet network and describes the reliability and fail-over mechan-
     isms that it supports.
 
*    The Event Packages and Termination Classes section describes the
     elements of commonly implemented devices and services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-protocol-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.