Subject: Protocol Action: Structure of Management Information Version 2 (SMIv2) to Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:24:18 -0500

The IESG has approved publication of the following as Standards:

o Structure of Management Information Version 2 (SMIv2) 
  <draft-ops-smiv2-smi-01.txt>. This document obsoletes RFC1902,
  currently a Draft Standard.

o Textual Conventions for SMIv2 <draft-ops-smiv2-tc-01.txt>. This
  document obsoletes RFC1903, currently a Draft Standard.

o Conformance Statements for SMIv2 <draft-ops-smiv2-conf-01.txt>. This
  document obsoletes RFC1904, currently a Draft Standard.

These documents have been reviewed in the IETF but are not the product
of an IETF Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Harald
Alvestrand and Bert Wijnen

Technical Summary
 
 These documents together specify the SMIv2, a language for writing
 MIB definitions.
 The language has been used extensively for a number of years, in many
 standards track documents.
 Most features are widely used and well understood.
 The changes from previous versions are either very minor or clarifications
 that conform with existing practice.

Working Group Summary

 These documents were prepared by a design team consisting of Keith
 McClogrie, Jurgen Schonwalder and Dave Perkins.
 There were several rounds of consultation with the SNMPv3 working
 group.
 The design team had consensus on these documents, and there were
 no technical objections raised at the Last Call.

Protocol Quality

 The spec has been reviewed for the IESG by Harald Alvestrand
 and Bert Wijnen.

To: IETF-Announce:;
Dcc: *******
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Protocol Action: Structure of Management Information Version 2
	 (SMIv2) to Standard
-------------

The IESG has approved publication of the following as Standards:

o Structure of Management Information Version 2 (SMIv2) 
  <draft-ops-smiv2-smi-01.txt>. This document obsoletes RFC1902,
  currently a Draft Standard.

o Textual Conventions for SMIv2 <draft-ops-smiv2-tc-01.txt>. This
  document obsoletes RFC1903, currently a Draft Standard.

o Conformance Statements for SMIv2 <draft-ops-smiv2-conf-01.txt>. This
  document obsoletes RFC1904, currently a Draft Standard.

These documents have been reviewed in the IETF but are not the product
of an IETF Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Harald
Alvestrand and Bert Wijnen

Technical Summary
 
 These documents together specify the SMIv2, a language for writing
 MIB definitions.
 The language has been used extensively for a number of years, in many
 standards track documents.
 Most features are widely used and well understood.
 The changes from previous versions are either very minor or clarifications
 that conform with existing practice.

Working Group Summary

 These documents were prepared by a design team consisting of Keith
 McClogrie, Jurgen Schonwalder and Dave Perkins.
 There were several rounds of consultation with the SNMPv3 working
 group.
 The design team had consensus on these documents, and there were
 no technical objections raised at the Last Call.

Protocol Quality

 The spec has been reviewed for the IESG by Harald Alvestrand
 and Bert Wijnen.