Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idmr-traceroute-ipm-04.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 18:20:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Multicast Routing Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: A ''traceroute'' facility for IP Multicast.
	Author(s)	: B. Fenner, S. Casner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idmr-traceroute-ipm-04.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 01-Mar-99
	
     This draft describes the IGMP multicast traceroute facility.  As
     the deployment of IP multicast has spread, it has become clear that
     a method for tracing the route that a multicast IP packet takes
     from a source to a particular receiver is absolutely required.
     Unlike unicast traceroute, multicast traceroute requires a special
     packet type and implementation on the part of routers.  This speci-
     fication describes the required functionality.
 
This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Multicast Routing working
group within the Internet Engineering Task Force.  Comments are
solicited and should be addressed to the working group's mailing list at
[email-masked] and/or the author(s).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idmr-traceroute-ipm-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idmr-traceroute-ipm-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idmr-traceroute-ipm-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.