Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for APPN/HPR in IP Networks to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 12:09:19 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Definitions of Managed
Objects for APPN/HPR in IP Networks'
<draft-ietf-snanau-hpripmib-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the SNA NAU Services MIB Working Group.  The
IESG contact persons is Rob Coltun.
 
Technical Summary

  The HPR-IP MIB provides instrumentation for the APPN architecture for
  APPN/HPR in IP Networks, documented in informational RFC 2353.  This
  architecture specifies how APPN traffic can be encapsulated in UDP
  datagrams, to allow an IP network to function as a data link for SNA
  traffic.

Working Group Summary

  The working group reached consensus on this document during the AIW
  phase of our review.  There were no particularly contentious issues.

Protocol Quality

  The MIB was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.  

Note to RFC Editor:

Please make the following change to page 3 of
draft-ietf-snanau-hpripmib-02.txt

Current text:

o    Monitoring and setting configuration parameters for the mappings
     between APPN traffic types on Type of Service (TOS) Precedence
     settings in the IP header.

To be changed to new text:

o  Monitoring and setting configuration parameters for the mappings
   between APPN traffic types on Type of Service (TOS) Precedence
   settings in the IP header.  Note that the TOS Precedence settings
   have been redefined in RFC 2474 [21] as the first three bits of
   the differentiated services code point (DSCP).