Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sigtran-tcap-perf-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:09:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Signaling Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Performance Requirements for TCAP Signaling 
                          in Internet Telephony
	Author(s)	: T. Seth, A. Broscius, C. Huitema, H. Lin 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sigtran-tcap-perf-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 04-Mar-99
	
To allow interoperability between the existing telephone network and
Internet Telephony (IT) it is necessary for the signaling performance to
be comparable to that of the current standards to avoid introducing
degradation in the service. In this Internet Draft, we discuss the
performance requirements for TCAP signaling across an IP network. We
also highlight the dependency on the SCP database location and thus
problems related in providing high-quality service for TCAP based appli-
cations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-tcap-perf-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sigtran-tcap-perf-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-tcap-perf-req-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.