Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nat-security-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:43:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Address Translators Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Security for IP Network Address 
                          Translator (NAT) Domains
	Author(s)	: P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nat-security-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 17-Feb-99
	
   There are a variety of NAT flavors, as described in [Ref 1]. Of the
   domains supported by NATs, only Realm-Specific IP clients are able
   to pursue end-to-end IPsec secure sessions. However, all flavors of
   NAT can offer network level tunnel-mode IPsec security to private
   domain hosts peering with nodes in external realm. This document
   describes a security model by which tunnel-mode IPsec security can
   be architected on NAT devices. A section is devoted to describing
   how secure policies may be transparently communicated to IKE (for
   automated KEY exchange) during Quick Mode. Applications that can
   benefit from the secure NAT model are also outlined in the end.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-security-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nat-security-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-security-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.