Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mccann-thema-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 18:05:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Transparent Hierarchical Mobility Agents (THEMA)
	Author(s)	: P. McCann,  T. Hiller, J. Wang,
                          A. Casati, C. Perkins, P. Calhoun
	Filename	: draft-mccann-thema-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 01-Mar-99
	
   For various reasons it may be desirable to separate the
   functionality of a mobility agent, such as the home and foreign
   agents in Mobile IP [Perkins96], from their link-layer presence on a
   given network.  This draft outlines mechanisms based on the Tunnel
   Establishment Protocol [Calhoun98a] for accomplishing this.  The
   tunnels so established will not be visible to a mobile node and
   therefore provide a transparent way to build hierarchies of mobility
   agents, which can lessen the frequency of Mobile IP re-
   registrations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mccann-thema-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mccann-thema-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mccann-thema-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.