Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-collection-reqts-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:02:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the WWW Distributed
Authoring and Versioning Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Requirements for Advanced Collection
			  Functionality in WebDAV
	Author(s)	: J. Slein, J. Davis
	Filename	: draft-ietf-webdav-collection-reqts-04.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 19-Feb-99
	
The base WebDAV protocol [WebDAV] provides basic support for
        collections.  It defines a MKCOL method for creating collections
        and specifies how other HTTP and WebDAV methods interact with
        collections.  It supports internal members of collections, which it
        defines as members whose URIs are immediately relative to the URI
        of the collection.
 
        This draft sets out requirements for more advanced, optional
        collection functionality. It extends the base functionality in two
        general directions: support for referential resources, and support
        for ordered collections.  A separate WebDAV specification is
        expected to define protocol elements providing the functionality
        described here.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-collection-reqts-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-webdav-collection-reqts-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-collection-reqts-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.