Subject: RFC 2545 on BGP-4 Multiprotocol Extensions for IPv6 IDR

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:13:07 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2545: 

        Title:	    Use of BGP-4 Multiprotocol Extensions for IPv6
		    Inter-Domain Routing
	Author(s):  P. Marques, F. Dupont
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       March 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      5
        Characters: 10209
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-ipv6-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2545.txt

BGP-4 Multiprotocol Extensions [BGP-MP] defines the format of two BGP
attributes (MP_REACH_NLRI and MP_UNREACH_NLRI) that can be used to
announce and withdraw the announcement of reachability information.
This document defines how compliant systems should make use of those
attributes for the purpose of conveying IPv6 routing information.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.