Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-insignia-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:25:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: INSIGNIA
	Author(s)	: S. Lee, A. Campbell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-insignia-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 26-Mar-99
	
   This document specifies INSIGNIA, an in-band signaling system for
   supporting quality of service (QOS) in mobile ad hoc networks. The
   term `in-band signaling` refers to the fact that control information
   is carried along with data in IP packets. We argue that in-band
   signaling is more suitable than explicit out-of-band approaches
   (e.g., RSVP) when supporting end-to-end quality of service in highly
   dynamic environments such as mobile ad hoc networks where network
   topology, node connectivity and end-to-end quality of service are
   strongly time-varying. INSIGNIA is designed to support the delivery
   of adaptive real-time services and includes fast session/flow/
   microflow reservation, restoration and adaptation algorithms
   between source/destination pairs. In this memo we discuss how
   INSIGNIA fits into our broader vision of a wireless flow management
   model for mobile ad hoc networks and how it interfaces to the
   proposed MANET Working Group routing algorithms and IMEP
   specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-insignia-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-insignia-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-insignia-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.