Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nasreq-criteria-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 19:02:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Access Server Requirements 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Criteria for Evaluating Network Access Server Protocols
	Author(s)	: M. Beadles
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nasreq-criteria-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 26-Feb-99
	
     This document defines and analyzes  requirements  for  modern  Network
     Access Servers (NAS).  The NAS is the initial entry point to a network
     for the majority of users of network services.  It is the first device
     in the network to provide services and enforce policy for an end user,
     and acts as a gateway for all further services.  As such,  its  impor-
     tance to users and service providers alike is paramount.  However, the
     concept of a NAS has grown up over the years without a formal  defini-
     tion or framework for analysis.  This document defines a NAS, analyzes
     the functionality of NAS's, and sets requirements for  protocols  that
     provide  this functionality.  Functions provided adequately by already
     standardized protocols will be documented as such.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nasreq-criteria-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nasreq-criteria-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nasreq-criteria-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.