Subject: RFC 2540 on Detached DNS Information

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:00:39 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2540: 

        Title:	    Detached Domain Name System (DNS) Information
	Author(s):  D. Eastlake
	Status:     Experimental
	Date:       March 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      6
        Characters: 12546
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnssec-ddi-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2540.txt

A standard format is defined for representing detached DNS
information.  This is anticipated to be of use for storing information
retrieved from the Domain Name System (DNS), including security
information, in archival contexts or contexts not connected to the
Internet.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Security Working
Group of the IETF.
 
This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.