Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:22:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Location Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definition of printer:  URLs for use with Service Location
	Author(s)	: P. St. Pierre, S. Isaacson, I. McDonald
	Filename	: draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-03.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 22-Feb-99
	
   This document is a submission to the Service Location Working Group
   of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).  Comments should be
   submitted to the [email-masked] mailing list.
 
   This document defines the 'printer' service type and the attributes
   associated with it.  This 'printer' service template is designed to
   be used in conjunction with the Service Location Protocol, Version 2
   [13], but it may be used with any directory service which supports
   attribute/value pair registration.
 
   The 'printer' service type is specified as an abstract service type.
   It is expected that printers advertised with the 'printer' service
   type may be accessible by one or more protocols.  IPP [3] and LPR [2]
   are two examples of printing protocols that may be used to perform
   the actual printing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.