Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-v2-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 11:53:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for the 
                          Ethernet-like Interface Types
	Author(s)	: J. Flick, J. Johnson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-v2-02.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 29-Jan-99
	
   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   This memo obsoletes RFC 2358 ''Definitions of Managed Objects for the
   Ethernet-like Interface Types''.  This memo extends that
   specification by including management information useful for the
   management of 1000 Mb/s and full-duplex Ethernet interfaces.

   Ethernet technology, as defined by the 802.3 Working Group of the
   IEEE, continues to evolve, with scalable increases in speed, new
   types of cabling and interfaces, and new features.  This evolution
   may require changes in the managed objects in order to reflect this
   new functionality.  This document, as with other documents issued by
   this working group, reflects a certain stage in the evolution of
   Ethernet technology.  In the future, this document might be revised,
   or new documents might be issued by the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub
   MIB Working Group, in order to reflect the evolution of Ethernet
   technology.

   Distribution of this memo is unlimited.  Please forward comments to
   [email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-v2-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-v2-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-v2-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.