Subject: RFC 2501 on MANET Performance Issues

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 13:33:20 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2501: 

        Title:	    Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET): Routing 
		    Protocol Performance Issues and Evaluation 
		    Considerations
	Author(s):  S. Corson, J. Macker
	Status:     Informational
	Date:       January 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      12
        Characters: 28912
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None    
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-issues-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2501.txt

This memo first describes the characteristics of Mobile Ad hoc
Networks (MANETs), and their idiosyncrasies with respect to
traditional, hardwired packet networks.  It then discusses the effect
these differences have on the design and evaluation of network control
protocols with an emphasis on routing performance evaluation
considerations.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group
of the IETF.	

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.