Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brusilovsky-pin-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 18:07:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Need for PSTN Internet Notification (PIN) 
                          ServiceA Proposal for a new Working Groups
	Author(s)	: A. Brusilovsky, V. Gurbani, A. Jain, D. Varney
	Filename	: draft-brusilovsky-pin-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 22-Feb-99
	
   The purpose of this Internet Draft is  to  start  discussion  on  the
   issues  involved  in  PSTN  Internet  Notification  (PIN), as part of
   interconnecting IP and Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)  with
   the intent of converging existing and creating new hybrid PSTN and IP
   services.   PSTN  Events  Notification,  based  on  open well-defined
   protocols, will promote interoperability of  both  the  networks  and
   systems built by different vendors.  This Internet Draft is submitted
   with the goal of becoming an informational RFC.
 
   The rest of this document is as follows:
 
   Section 2 briefly describes the PIN services.
 
   Section  3 describes the scope of the proposed project by introducing
   its  overall  architecture  and  identifying  the  interfaces  to  be
   standardized.
 
   Sections  4,  5,  and 6 respectively address security considerations,
   supply references, and provide the authors address,  as  required  by
   [1].
 
   Section  7  acknowledges  individuals  providing  assistance  in  the
   creation of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brusilovsky-pin-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brusilovsky-pin-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brusilovsky-pin-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.