Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-saito-ip1394-mcap-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:30:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Extension of MCAP for Data Transmission 
                          on IEEE1394 Isochronous Channel
	Author(s)	: T. Saito,  Y. Takabatake, M. Hashimoto
	Filename	: draft-saito-ip1394-mcap-ext-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 17-Feb-99
	
    IEEE1394 bus is a link layer network with isochronous transfer mode
    capability.  Therefore it is quite natural that there appears
    following demands.  (1)Transmit specific IP flow through a certain
    isochronous channel of IEEE1394 bus.  (2)Transmit specific AV flow
    (such as MPEG2-TS with CIP header[61883]) through a certain
    isochronous channel of IEEE1394 bus (and control these flows by IP
    applications).  To realize these, this draft proposes the protocol
    with following features.  (1)Notify the relation between channel ID
    and IP flow.  (2)Notify the bandwidth of the isochronous
    channel. (3)Notify the direction of the IP flow transmitted through
    the channel.  (4)Notify the attribute of the flow. This protocol is
    defined as the extension of MCAP (Multicast Channel Allocation
    Protocol).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saito-ip1394-mcap-ext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-saito-ip1394-mcap-ext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-saito-ip1394-mcap-ext-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.