Subject: RFC 2542 on Terminology and Goals for Internet Fax

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 17:04:44 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2542: 

        Title:	    Terminology and Goals for Internet Fax
	Author(s):  L. Masinter
	Status:     Informational
	Date:       March 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      20
        Characters: 46372
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fax-goals-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2542.txt

This document defines a number of terms useful for the discussion of
Internet Fax. In addition, it describes the goals of the Internet Fax
working group and establishes a baseline of desired functionality
against which protocols for Internet Fax can be judged. It encompasses
the goals for all modes of facsimile delivery, including 'real-time',
'session', and 'store and forward'.  Different levels of
desirability are indicated throughout the document.

This document is a product of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.