Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moore-mime-cdisp-v2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 10:00:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Content-Disposition Header Field
	Author(s)	: K. Moore, R. Troost, S. Dorner
	Filename	: draft-moore-mime-cdisp-v2-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 08-Feb-99
	
This memo provides a mechanism whereby messages conforming to the
MIME specifications [RFC 2045, RFC 2046, RFC 2047, RFC 2048, RFC 2049]
can convey presentational information.  It specifies the 'Content-
Disposition' header field, which is optional and valid for any MIME
entity ('message' or 'body part'). Two values for this header field are
described in this memo; one for the ordinary linear presentation of the
body part, and another to facilitate the use of mail to transfer files.
Another content-disposition value, for use in HTML file uploads, has
been defined in a separate document. [RFC 2388].  It is expected that
additional values will be defined in the future, and this memo defines
the procedures for extending the set of values.

     This document is intended as an extension to MIME, which itself is
an extension to [RFC 822].  As such, the reader is assumed to be
familiar with both the MIME specifications and RFC 822. The information
presented herein supplements but does not replace that found in those
documents.

     This document is a revision to the Proposed Standard protocol
defined in RFC 2183.  As compared to RFC 2183, this document contains
minor editorial updates, which are summarized in section 10 of this
document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moore-mime-cdisp-v2-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-moore-mime-cdisp-v2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moore-mime-cdisp-v2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.