Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-monitor-mib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 11:53:17 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPSec Monitoring MIB
	Author(s)	: T. Jenkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-monitor-mib-00.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 29-Jan-99
	
   This document defines low level monitoring and status MIBs for IPSec.
   It does not define MIBs that may be used for configuring IPSec
   implementations or for providing low-level diagnostic or debugging
   information. It assumes no specific use of IPSec. Further, it does
   not provide policy information.

   The purpose of the MIBs is to allow system administrators to
   determine operating conditions and perform system operational level
   monitoring of the IPSec portion of their network. Statistics are
   provided as well. Additionally, it may be used as the basis for
   application specific MIBs for specific uses of IPSec.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-monitor-mib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-monitor-mib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-monitor-mib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.