Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wimer-ospf-traffic-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 19:19:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Additional OSPF Extensions for Traffic Engineering 
                          and QoS Routing
	Author(s)	: W. Wimer
	Filename	: draft-wimer-ospf-traffic-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 26-Feb-99
	
   OSPF is a link-state IP interior routing protocol specified in [1].
   Several different extensions to OSPF have been proposed [2,3,5] to
   support Traffic Engineering [4] and Quality of Service routing [5].
   This document acknowledges all of this earlier work and proposes that
   a single style of protocol encoding be used for all of the parameters
   involved.
 
   This document employs the OSPF Opaque LSA Option [6] and the TVLV
   mechanism proposed in [3] to encode additional parameters describing
   information about the state of an OSPF network.  This additional
   information is useful for Traffic Engineering and QoS-based routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wimer-ospf-traffic-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wimer-ospf-traffic-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wimer-ospf-traffic-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.