Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ramjee-micro-mobility-hawaii-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:06:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP micro-mobility support using HAWAII
	Author(s)	: R. Ramjee, T. La Porta, S. Thuel, K. Varadhan
	Filename	: draft-ramjee-micro-mobility-hawaii-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 22-Feb-99
	
   In this contribution, we present HAWAII: a domain-based approach for
   supporting mobility.  HAWAII uses specialized path setup schemes
   which install host-based forwarding entries in specific routers to
   support intra-domain micro-mobility and defaults to using Mobile-IP
   for inter-domain macro-mobility.  These path setup schemes deliver
   excellent performance by reducing mobility related disruption to user
   applications, and by operating locally, reduce the number of mobility
   related updates.  Also, in HAWAII, mobile hosts retain their network
   address while moving within the domain, simplifying Quality of
   Service support.  Furthermore, reliability is achieved through the
   use of soft-state forwarding entries for the mobile hosts, and the
   elimination of foreign agents and, in some cases, the home agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ramjee-micro-mobility-hawaii-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ramjee-micro-mobility-hawaii-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ramjee-micro-mobility-hawaii-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.