Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bernet-dclass-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:10:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Usage and Format of the DCLASS Object With RSVP Signaling
	Author(s)	: Y. Bernet
	Filename	: draft-bernet-dclass-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 04-Mar-99
	
   RSVP signaling may be used to enhance the manageability of
   application traffic's QoS in a differentiated service (diff-serv)
   network [intdiff]. In this model, certain network elements within or
   at the edges of the diff-serv network may use RSVP messages to
   effect admission control or to apply QoS policy. One mechanism by
   which network elements may apply QoS policy is by causing a DCLASS
   object to be returned to a sending host in an RSVP RESV message. The
   DCLASS object indicates the diff-serv DSCP that the sender should
   include when submitting packets on the admitted flow, to the diff-
   serv network. This draft describes the usage and format of the
   DCLASS object.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernet-dclass-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bernet-dclass-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bernet-dclass-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.