Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-roadmap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:07:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure PKIX Roadmap
	Author(s)	: A. Arsenault, S. Turner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-roadmap-01.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 22-Mar-99
	
   This document provides an overview or 'roadmap' of the work done by
   the IETF PKIX working group. It describes some of the terminology
   used in the working group's documents, and the theory behind an
   X.509-based PKI. It identifies each document developed by the PKIX
   working group, and describes the relationships among the various
   documents.  It also provides advice to would-be PKIX implementors
   about some of the issues discussed at length during PKIX development,
   in hopes of making it easier to build implementations that will
   actually interoperate.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-roadmap-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-roadmap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-roadmap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.