Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-roamops-cert-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:54:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Roaming Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Certificate-Based roaming
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba
	Filename	: draft-ietf-roamops-cert-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 12-Feb-99
	
To date, roaming implementations have been based on the concept of proxy
chaining, where packets are routed between the NAS and home server
through a series of proxies.  While commonly used, proxy chaining
introduces difficult security problems that have prevented its
implementation on a wide scale.

This document describes a new approach to roaming based on certificates
that eliminates the need for proxy chaining. As described, this approach
provides improved security as well as scalability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roamops-cert-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-roamops-cert-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roamops-cert-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.