Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-huitema-mgcp-test1-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 19:01:11 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Media Gateway Control Protocol 
                          (MGCP) Call Flow Test Case 1
	Author(s)	: C. Huitema, F. Andreasen
	Filename	: draft-huitema-mgcp-test1-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 26-Feb-99
	
The IETF Megaco working group is currently working on defining a proto-
col for controlling Media Gateways (MG) from external control elements
such as a Media Gateway Controller (MGC). Different models have been
proposed to address this problem, and in order to judge the different
models, a series of test cases will be considered.
 
This document explains how the Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) can
be used to handle the first test case, which considers a Voice over IP
gateway with directly subtending DTMF lines placing a call to an H.323
client. The document contains an introduction with further details on
the test case, two different call flows to solve it, followed by the
conclusion of the test case. MGCP is defined in a companion document
[0].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huitema-mgcp-test1-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-huitema-mgcp-test1-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-huitema-mgcp-test1-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.