Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mahajan-packet-ss7-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:07:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Packet-SS7  
                          SS7 to Packet SS7 Network
	Author(s)	: S. Mahajan
	Filename	: draft-mahajan-packet-ss7-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 19-Mar-99
	
The transition from circuit based voice telephony network to pure
packet based voice telephony network requires huge investment. It
also requires setting of a parallel packet voice telephony network
components with definition of packet network signalling protocols
and packet network bearer transport protocols and in addition,
support for intelligent services on packet network.
 
This paper defines a Packet-SS7 network.
 
This paper tries to explore the idea of modifying existing SS7
network protocol and network architecture to support packet voice
services on it. It can also provide an easy transition path from
circuit voice network to pure packet voice network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahajan-packet-ss7-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mahajan-packet-ss7-arch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mahajan-packet-ss7-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.