Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 10:52:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services over Specific Link Layers 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Element Service Specification for 
                          Low Speed Networks
	Author(s)	: S. Jackowski, D. Putzolu
	Filename	: draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-05.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 03-Feb-99
	
   A set of companion documents describe an architecture for providing
   integrated services over low-bitrate links, such as modem lines,
   ISDN B-channels, and sub-T1 links [1, 2, 3, 4]. The main components
   of the architecture are: a set of real-time encapsulation formats for
   asynchronous and synchronous low-bitrate links, a header compression
   architecture optimized for real-time flows, elements of negotiation
   protocols used between routers (or between hosts and routers), and
   announcement protocols used by applications to allow this negotiation
   to take place.

   This document defines the service mappings for controlled load [5] and
   guaranteed [6] services for use with the real-time encapsulation part
   of the architecture.  The approach takes the form of a set of guidelines
   and considerations for implementing these services, along with
   evaluation criteria for elements providing these services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.