Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sigtran-mdtp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 10:53:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Signaling Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MULTI_NETWORK DATAGRAM TRANSMISSION PROTOCOL
	Author(s)	: R. Stewart, Q. Xie
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sigtran-mdtp-00.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 03-Feb-99
	
This Internet Draft discusses an experimental call control protocol,
namely the Multi-network Datagram Transmission Protocol (MDTP), that is
intended to provide fault-tolerant reliable/unreliable data transfer
between communicating processes over IP networks [1]. MDTP is proposed
as an application-level protocol which is designed with a high emphasis
on supporting redundant networks and transparent fault management. MDTP
also gives the application a great degree of timing control and
configuration flexibilities. The motivation of developing MDTP is to
establish a framework for supporting Internet-based high reliability
real-time commercial applications such as signaling and call control
for Internet telephony.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-mdtp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sigtran-mdtp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-mdtp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.