Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sijben-megaco-mdcp-01.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:34:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Toward the PSTN/Internet Inter-Networking 
                          MEDIA DEVICE CONTROL PROTOCOL
	Author(s)	: P. Sijben, M. Buckley, J. Wachter, 
                          J. Segers, C. Li, R. Coldren
	Filename	: draft-sijben-megaco-mdcp-01.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 17-Feb-99
	
   This document describes a protocol for use between media devices and
   their controllers.  The scope of such media devices includes voice,
   video and data applications.  This work started with the
   decomposition of gateways into functional elements, viz. media
   gateway controller, media gateway and signaling gateway.  A protocol
   is needed to allow media gateway controllers and media gateways to
   communicate.  Since then the scope has been broadened to the control
   of media devices that do not have a gateway function, such as IVR
   systems, multipoint processors, etc.
   A model is introduced to describe the functionality of media devices
   and the various operations on that model are described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sijben-megaco-mdcp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sijben-megaco-mdcp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sijben-megaco-mdcp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.