Subject: RFC 2521 on ICMP Security Failures

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 14:30:28 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2521: 

        Title:	    ICMP Security Failures Messages
	Author(s):  P. Karn, W. Simpson
	Status:     Experimental
	Date:       March 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      7
        Characters: 14637
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-simpson-icmp-ipsec-fail-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2521.txt

This mechanism is intended for use with the Internet Security
Protocols [RFC-1825 et sequitur] for authentication and privacy.  For
statically configured Security Associations, these messages indicate
that the operator needs to manually reconfigure, or is attempting an
unauthorized operation.  These messages may also be used to trigger
automated session-key management.

This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.