Subject: 44th IETF - SOCIAL EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 13:00:40 -0500

44th IETF SOCIAL EVENT

                       Tuesday, March 16, 1999
                       7:30pm - 12:00 midnight

                 Sponsored by: Ascend Communications

The 44th IETF social event will be held at the Mall of America 
(largest mall in the U.S.) which has over 520 specialty stores. 
Central to the Mall is a very large in-door amusement park called 
Camp Snoopy. Camp Snoopy has 23 rides and attractions, six shops, 
three entertainment stages and nine places to eat.

Admission to the IETF social event includes a wristband for unlimited
rides, plenty of food and drink, a giveaway and more surprises. The 
event will run from 7:30pm til midnight. Camp Snoopy is open to the 
public until 7:30pm. At 7:30pm Camp Snoopy will close to the public 
and the IETF social attendees will have the park to themselves.

There will be four food stations located at various posts around the 
park. They are as follows:

  Station 1: Italian Theme
  Station 2: Asian Theme
  Station 3: Mid-west Theme
  Station 4: French Dessert Theme

Admission into the IETF social event also includes two free drink 
tickets for wine, beer or soda.

Private coaches will be providing transportation between the 
Minneapolis Hilton and the Mall of America/Camp Snoopy. Times for 
the running of these coaches will be made available in the 
registration area.

The cost to attendees will be $20 per person. We will be accepting 
cash only, NO CREDIT CARDS! We aren't able to accept credit cards 
for a variety of reasons. There are plenty of ATM machines in the 
immediate area to obtain U.S. currency.

Tickets to the event may be purchased at the Ascend Social booth 
next to the IETF registration desk. Free 44th IETF T-shirts for all 
attendees will also be available at this desk. With your IETF 
registration packet, you will receive a ticket for this T-shirt.

Hours for the Social Event Registration are as follows:

	Sunday, March 14  12:00 noon - 7:00pm
        Monday, March 15   7:30am - 7:30pm
        Tuesday, March 16  8:00am - 4:00pm