Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:10:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences 
                          with Minimal Control
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-05.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 04-Mar-99
	
         This memorandum is a revision of RFC 1890 in preparation
         for advancement from Proposed Standard to Draft Standard
         status. Readers are encouraged to use the PostScript form
         of this draft to see where changes from RFC 1890 are
         marked by change bars.
 
         This document describes a profile called 'RTP/AVP' for
         the use of the real-time transport protocol (RTP),
         version 2, and the associated control protocol, RTCP,
         within audio and video multiparticipant conferences with
         minimal control. It provides interpretations of generic
         fields within the RTP specification suitable for audio
         and video conferences. In particular, this document
         defines a set of default mappings from payload type
         numbers to encodings.
 
         This document also describes how audio and video data may
         be carried within RTP. It defines a set of standard
         encodings and their names when used within RTP. The
         descriptions provide pointers to reference
         implementations and the detailed standards. This document
         is meant as an aid for implementors of audio, video and
         other real-time multimedia applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.