Subject: RFC 2557 on MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate Documents

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:09:35 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2557: 

        Title:	    MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate Documents, such as
		    HTML (MHTML)
	Author(s):  J. Palme, A. Hopmann, N. Shelness
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       March 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
		    [email-masked]
	Pages:      28
	Characters: 61854
        Obsoletes:  2110
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2557.txt

This document a) defines the use of a MIME multipart/related structure
to aggregate a text/html root resource and the subsidiary resources it
references, and b) specifies a MIME content-header (Content-Location)
that allow URIs in a multipart/related text/html root body part to
reference subsidiary resources in other body parts of the same
multipart/related structure.

This document is a product of the MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate HTML
Documents Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.