Subject: Last Call: SMNPv3 to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:42:15 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the SNMP Version 3 Working Group
to consider publication of the following as Draft Standards:

o An Architecture for Describing SNMP Management Frameworks
  <draft-ietf-snmpv3-arch-05.txt>, replacing RFC2271

o Message Processing and Dispatching for the Simple Network Management
  Protocol (SNMP) <draft-ietf-snmpv3-mpc-05.txt>, replacing RFC2272

o SNMPv3 Applications <draft-ietf-snmpv3-appl-v2-03.txt>,
  replacing RFC2273

o User-based Security Model (USM) for version 3 of the Simple Network
  Management Protocol (SNMPv3) <draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-v2-05.txt>,
  replacing RFC2274

o View-based Access Control Model (VACM) for the Simple Network Management 
  Protocol (SNMP) <draft-ietf-snmpv3-vacm-04.txt>, replacing RFC2275

The IESG will also consider publication of the following as an
Informational RFC:

o Introduction to Version 3 of the Internet standard Network Management
  Framework <draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-04.txt>

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by February 25, 1999.

Files can be obtained via:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-arch-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-mpc-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-appl-v2-03.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-v2-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-vacm-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-04.txt

Implementation Report can be found at

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/SNMPv3-implementation.html