Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hummel-mpls-explicit-tree-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 19:22:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Explicit Tree Routing
	Author(s)	: H. Hummel, S. Loke
	Filename	: draft-hummel-mpls-explicit-tree-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 26-Feb-99
	
   This draft proposes the TREE ROUTE TLV that encodes a tree structured
   route  which  can  be used to carry explicit routing information.  It
   also specifies the progression of the TLV from the root of  the  tree
   to  the  leaf  nodes.   Every  node  that  the  TLV  traversed has to
   decode/process the TLV in such a way that  the  correct  child  link/
   nodes  are  determined  as  well  as  the  respective  subtree  route
   information. Individual Information targetted for any  specific  node
   can also be packed into this TREE ROUTE TLV.
 
   The draft also presents the benefits of using TREE ROUTE TLV in MPLS.
 
   The   applications   include   constrain   based   routing,   traffic
   engineering,  VPN  installations  and  static  multicast  tree.   The
   capability  of  carrying targetted information for individual node in
   the tree is very powerful in MPLS. This allows different nodes in the
   tree route to use the same tree route for different FECs.
 
   The application of this  TLV  is  not  mpls-specific.  Other  Working
   Groups may consider the proposed TLV as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hummel-mpls-explicit-tree-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hummel-mpls-explicit-tree-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hummel-mpls-explicit-tree-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.