Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-acap-dataset-model-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:33:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application Configuration Access Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Introduction to the ACAP Dataset Model
	Author(s)	: R. Troll
	Filename	: draft-ietf-acap-dataset-model-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 17-Feb-99
	
    The ACAP [ACAP] Dataset Model is very extensible, and allows
    applications to easily share options and information.  With this
    extensibility comes a complexity that an application designer must
    fully understand in order to interoperate while using ACAP.

    This document will help the reader understand and visualize the ACAP
    hierarchy, come to a better understanding of how to design and
    access ACAP datasets, and understand the relationship between
    attributes, entries, datasets, and dataset classes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-dataset-model-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-acap-dataset-model-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-dataset-model-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.