Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ema-vpimv3-goals-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:30:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Goals for Voice Profile for Internet Messaging, Version 3
	Author(s)	: L. Di Silvestro
	Filename	: draft-ema-vpimv3-goals-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 17-Feb-99
	
This document describes the goals of the Voice Profile for Internet
Messaging (VPIM), Version 3 work group and establishes a baseline of
desired functionality against which proposed MIME profiles for
Internet voice messaging can be judged. The goals for VPIM version 3
are limited in scope and do not require any changes from the basic
MIME flow defined by VPIM  version 2. The primary goal for this
version is to support interoperability with desktop clients. Other
goals for this version of VPIM include expanded interoperability with
unified messaging systems, backward compatibility, and conformance to
Internet standards. This document does not include goals that were met
fully by VPIM version 2.

Different levels of desirability are indicated throughout the
document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ema-vpimv3-goals-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ema-vpimv3-goals-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ema-vpimv3-goals-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.