Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-diffserv-rsvp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:09:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Differentiated Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Interoperation of RSVP/Int-Serv and Diff-Serv Networks
	Author(s)	: Y. Bernet, R. Yavatkar, P. Ford, F. Baker,
                          L. Zhang, K. Nichols, M. Speer, B. Braden
	Filename	: draft-ietf-diffserv-rsvp-02.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 04-Mar-99
	
   Differentiated Services (diff-serv) and RSVP/Integrated Services
   (RSVP/int-serv) provide complementary approaches to the problem of
   providing QoS for Internet end systems.  These approachs must be able
   to coexist and effectively interoperate.  This document outlines one
   important model for such interoperation, in which diff-serv is used
   by transit networks in the core of the Internet while hosts and edge
   networks use RSVP/int-serv.  It also contains a brief discussion of
   some alternative models for interoperation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-rsvp-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-diffserv-rsvp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-rsvp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.