Subject: Last Call: Assignment Procedures for the URI Resolution using DNS (RFC2168) to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 18:48:07 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the Uniform Resource Names Working
Group to consider the publication of the following:

Assignment Procedures for the URI Resolution using DNS (RFC2168)
<draft-ietf-urn-net-procedures-02.txt> as a BCP. 

Resolution of Uniform Resource Identifiers using the Domain Name
System <draft-ietf-urn-dns-rds-00.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  

The Naming Authority Pointer (NAPTR) DNS Resource Record
<draft-ietf-urn-naptr-rr-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the 
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by April 16, 1999.

The Applications Area Directors request that any Last Call comments
on these documents, be CC'ed to <[email-masked]>.

Files can be obtained via:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-net-procedures-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-dns-rds-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-naptr-rr-02.txt