Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jenkins-ipsec-rekeying-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:11:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: IPSec Re-keying Issues
	Author(s)	: T. Jenkins
	Filename	: draft-jenkins-ipsec-rekeying-01.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 14-Apr-99
	
This document has three primary objectives:

1. to illustrate problems and issues associated with re-keying within
   the confines of the current set of IPSec documents. 

2. to propose methods of performing both phase 1 and phase 2 re-keying 
   for IPSec implementations in such a way as to minimise packet loss  
   and to  maximize compatibility.

3. to provide recommendations for the next version of the IPSec protocols. 
   These recommendations are made to best solve the re-keying 
   problems in a  manner that is not possible within the constraints of 
   the existing IPSec documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jenkins-ipsec-rekeying-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jenkins-ipsec-rekeying-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jenkins-ipsec-rekeying-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.