Subject: RFC 2561 on TN3270E Using SMIv2 MIB

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 16:48:18 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2561: 

        Title:	    Base Definitions of Managed Objects for
                    TN3270E Using SMIv2
	Author(s):  K. White, R. Moore
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       April 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      56
        Characters: 113705
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: none  
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tn3270e-tn3270-mib-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2561.txt

The MIB defined by this memo provides generic support for both host
and gateway TN3270E server implementations.  A TN3270E server connects
a Telnet client performing 3270 emulation to a target SNA host over
both a client-side network (client to TN3270E server) and an SNA
Network (TN3270E server to target SNA host).  The client-side network
is typically TCP/IP, but it need not be.

This document is a product of the Telnet TN3270 Enchancements Working
Group of the IETF.	

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.