Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-device-mib-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 07:22:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the IP over Cable Data
Network Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Cable Device Management Information Base for
			  DOCSIS compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem
			  Termination Systems
	Author(s)	: M. St. Johns
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-device-mib-08.txt
	Pages		: 54
	Date		: 02-Apr-99
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) for
use with network management protocols in the Internet community.  In
particular, it defines a basic set of managed objects for SNMP-based
management of DOCSIS compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination
Systems.
 
This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is compliant to the
SNMP SMIv2[5][6][7].  The set of objects is consistent with the SNMP
framework and existing SNMP standards.
 
This memo is a product of the IPCDN working group within the Internet
Engineering Task Force.  Comments are solicited and should be addressed
to the working group's mailing list at [email-masked] and/or the
author.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-device-mib-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-device-mib-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-device-mib-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.