Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-broker-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 07:44:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Next Generation
Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Tunnel Broker
	Author(s)	: A. Durand, P. Fasano, I. Guardini, D. Lento
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-broker-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 02-Apr-99
	
The IPv6 global Internet as of today is mostly build using tunnels over
the existing IPv4 infrastructure. Those tunnels are difficult to
configure and maintain in a large scale environment. The 6bone has
proven that large sites and ISPs can do it, but this process is too
complex for the isolated end user who already has an IPv4 connection and
would like to enter the IPv6 world. The motivation for the development
of the tunnel broker model is to help the early IPv6 adopters to hook up
to the 6bone and to provide them stable, permanent IPv6 addresses and
DNS names. The concept of the tunnel broker was first presented at
Orlando's IETF in December 1998. Two implementations were demonstrated
in Grenoble IPng & NGtrans interim meeting.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-broker-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-broker-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-broker-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.