Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cc-bw-rac-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:05:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Dynamic Bandwidth Management Using Resource Adjuster Cells
	Author(s)	: R. Ching, J. Chiong
	Filename	: draft-cc-bw-rac-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 23-Apr-99
	
Dynamic bandwidth management using ATM Resource Adjuster Cells provides
the capability to support fast effective end-to-end bandwidth control
for IP traffic transported over an ATM backbone network. This feature
can open up potential new services for Service Providers to offer
dynamic service levels traffic agreements to their customers. By
offering dynamic service levels, Service Providers can broaden their
scope of service differentiation. For example, using dynamic bandwidth
feature, Service Providers can offer their customers real-time video or multimedia transport capability across the networks. 

Using Dynamic Resource Adjuster Cells (DRACs), the network supporting it
can quickly adjust bandwidth without taking down the ATM network
connection and re-establishing it. In a fast changing dynamic
environment, this dynamic adjuster capability makes a difference in
both performance and scalability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cc-bw-rac-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cc-bw-rac-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cc-bw-rac-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.