Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-atm-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:55:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol
Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: L2TP Over AAL5 and FUNI
	Author(s)	: M. Davison, A. Lin, A. Singh, J. Stephens, R. Turner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-atm-02.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 20-Apr-99
	
The Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) [1] provides a standard
method for transporting the link layer of PPP [2] between a dial-up
server and a Network Access Server, using a network connection in
lieu of a physical point to point connection.  This document
describes the use of an ATM network for the underlying network
connection. Both ATM UNI [3] with ATM Adaptation Layer 5 [4]
(AAL5) and ATM with Frame based User-to-Network Interface (FUNI)
[5] are supported as interfaces to the ATM network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-atm-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-atm-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-atm-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.