Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kim-fairmarker-diffserv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 17:22:12 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: A Fair Marker
	Author(s)	: H. Kim
	Filename	: draft-kim-fairmarker-diffserv-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 01-Apr-99
	
This draft defines Fair Marker (FM), which can be used as a component
in a Differentiated Services traffic conditioner. FM controls token
distribution from  the  token  bucket  to  the  flows originating  from
the  same subscriber network, in order to enforce fairness among them.
FM may  use  different  fair  token  allocation algorithms. Presently,
we assume that FM is used to mark packets for Assured Forwarding.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kim-fairmarker-diffserv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kim-fairmarker-diffserv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kim-fairmarker-diffserv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.