Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-rescap-mua-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:35:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Rescap Profile for Mail User Agents
	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-rescap-mua-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 20-Apr-99
	
This document defines a profile of the rescap protocol for mail user
agents (MUAs) and mail recipients. It describes the attributes that a
mail sender might want or need to know about a particular mail recipient
before sending a message.
 
The attributes are divided into four general categories:
- MIME handling
- S/MIME
- OpenPGP
- General
 
Note: this list is very preliminary. The process of defining the
requirements for rescap has just begun. Because the rescap protocol has
not even had a first draft, it is likely that there will be many
significant changes to this draft in the future as rescap gets worked
on.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-rescap-mua-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hoffman-rescap-mua-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-rescap-mua-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.