Subject: RFC2559 on PKIX Operational Protocols - LDAPv2

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 12:18:06 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

	RFC 2559: 

        Title: 	    Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
                    Operational Protocols - LDAPv2
   	Author(s):  S. Boeyen, T. Howes, P. Richard
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       April 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 22889
        Updates:    1778
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-ipki2opp-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2559.txt

The protocol described in this document is designed to satisfy some of
the operational requirements within the Internet X.509 Public Key
Infrastructure (IPKI).  Specifically, this document addresses
requirements to provide access to Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
repositories for the purposes of retrieving PKI information and
managing that same information.  The mechanism described in this
document is based on the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
v2, defined in RFC 1777, defining a profile of that protocol for use
within the IPKI and updates encodings for certificates and revocation
lists from RFC 1778. Additional mechanisms addressing PKIX operational
requirements are specified in separate documents.  This document is
the product of the PKIX Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.