Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-issll-isslow-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:34:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services over
Specific Link Layers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Providing integrated services over low-bitrate links
	Author(s)	: C. Bormann
	Filename	: draft-ietf-issll-isslow-05.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 14-Apr-99
	
This document describes an architecture for providing integrated
services over low-bitrate links, such as modem lines, ISDN B-
channels, and sub-T1 links.  It covers only the lower parts of the
Internet Multimedia Conferencing Architecture [1]; additional
components required for application services such as Internet
Telephony (e.g., a session initiation protocol) are outside the scope
of this document.  The main components of the architecture are: a
real-time encapsulation format for asynchronous and synchronous low-
bitrate links, a header compression architecture optimized for real-
time flows, elements of negotiation protocols used between routers
(or between hosts and routers), and announcement protocols used by
applications to allow this negotiation to take place.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-isslow-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-issll-isslow-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-isslow-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.