Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guerin-qos-routing-ospf-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:45:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: QoS Routing Mechanisms and OSPF Extensions
	Author(s)       : G. Apostolopoulos, R. Guerin, S. Kamat,
			  A. Orda, A. Przygienda,  D. Williams
	Filename	: draft-guerin-qos-routing-ospf-05.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 14-Apr-99
	
This memo describes extensions to the OSPF [Moy98] protocol to
support QoS routes.  The focus of this document is on the algorithms
used to compute QoS routes and on the necessary modifications to OSPF
to support this function, e.g., the information needed, its format,
how it is distributed, and how it is used by the QoS path selection
process.  Aspects related to how QoS routes are established and
managed are also briefly discussed.  The goal of this document is
to identify a framework and possible approaches to allow deployment
of QoS routing capabilities with the minimum possible impact to the
existing routing infrastructure.
 
In addition, experience from an implementation of the proposed
extensions in the GateD environment [Con], along with performance
measurements is presented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guerin-qos-routing-ospf-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guerin-qos-routing-ospf-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guerin-qos-routing-ospf-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.