Subject: Protocol Action: Directory Server Monitoring MIB to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 08:27:57 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft Directory Server Monitoring
MIB <draft-ietf-madman-dsa-mib-1-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Mail and Directory Management Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Keith Moore and Patrik Faltstrom

Technical Summary
 
The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Directory Server Monitoring
MIB' <draft-ietf-madman-dsa-mib-1-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
This document is the product of the Mail and Directory Management Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Keith Moore and Patrik Fltstr÷m.

Technical Summary

 This document defines a MIB for management of X.500 and LDAP directory
 servers.  It is intended to supersede/replace/obsolete RFC 1567.

Working Group Summary

 The working group reached consensus on the document.

Protocol Quality

 The document has been subjected to several reviews for conformance to
 MIB rules and style and has been revised in light of reviewers' comments.
 David Levi and Bert Wijnen reviewed the spec for IESG.