Subject: Protocol Action: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3): Extensions for Dynamic Directory Services to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 08:17:59 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Lightweight Directory Access
Protocol (v3):  Extensions for Dynamic Directory Services'
<draft-ietf-asid-ldapv3-dynamic-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Access, Searching and Indexing of
Directories Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Keith Moore
and Patrik Faltstrom.

 
Technical Summary
 
  The spec defines a dynamic directory entry in LDAPv3. A dynamic entry
  is an object in the directory tree which has a time-to-live
  associated with it.  This time-to-live is set when the entry is
  created. The time-to-live is automatically decremented, and when it 
  expires the dynamic entry disappears. A client can though do a
  refresh on the ttl to make the object persist longer in the server.

Working Group Summary

  Dynamic objects for LDAPv3 was first discussed in the ASID working
  group (hence the name of the I-D) but the document was taken over by
  the LDAPEXT wg where the final details where discussed, and where
  consensus over the document was reached.

Protocol Quality

  The spec was reviewed by Patrik Faltstrom.