Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhani-mpls-te-anal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 07:23:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Quality of Service using Traffic Engineering
			  over MPLS: An Analysis
	Author(s)	: P. Bhaniramka, W. Sun, R. Jain,
	Filename	: draft-bhani-mpls-te-anal-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 02-Apr-99
	
We compare the service received by TCP and UDP flows when they share
either a link or an MPLS traffic trunk. Since traffic trunks allow non
shortest path links also to be used, the total network throughput goes
up with proper traffic engineering.  If UDP and TCP flows are mixed in a
trunk, TCP flows receive reduced service as the UDP flows increase their
rates.  Also, we found that in order to benefit from traffic
engineering, MPLS trunks should be implemented end-to-end (first router
to last router). If some part of the network is MPLS-unaware, the
benefits are reduced or eliminated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhani-mpls-te-anal-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bhani-mpls-te-anal-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bhani-mpls-te-anal-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.