Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-introduction-to-ipv6-transition-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:10:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Next Generation
Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Guide to the Introduction of IPv6 in the
			  IPv4 World
	Author(s)	: W. Biemolt, M. Kaat, R. van der Pol, H. Steenman
	Filename:      draft-ietf-ngtrans-introduction-to-ipv6-transition-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 20-Apr-99
	
This document is a guide to the introduction of IPv6 in the current
IPv4 based Internet or Intranets.  Several general issues to start 
IPv6 networking in a predominantly IPv4 world are discussed, such 
as how to obtain IPv6 address space, IPv6 DNS and routing issues.  
Short descriptions are given of the different translation and 
migration tools that translate between IPv6 and IPv4 and/or tunnel 
IPv6 over IPv4.  The remainder of the document describes how IPv6
can be introduced in various environments, such as ISPs, Internet 
Exchanges and end user environments and suggestions are given on the 
use of the different translation and migration tools.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-introduction-to-ipv6-transition-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-introduction-to-ipv6-transition-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-introduction-to-ipv6-transition-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.