Subject: Protocol Action: Remote Network Monitoring MIB Extensions for Switch Networks Version 1.0 to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:26:03 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Remote Network Monitoring MIB
Extensions for Switch Networks Version 1.0'
<draft-ietf-rmonmib-smon-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This document
is the product of the Remote Network Monitoring Working Group.  The
IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
  for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.
  In particular, it defines objects for managing remote network
  monitoring devices in switched networks environments.

  This document continues the architecture created in the RMON MIB
  (RFC 1757) by providing RMON analysis for switched networks (SMON).

Working Group Summary

  The WG reached consensus on this document.
  No comments were received during IETF Last Call.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Presuhn and by
  Bert Wijnen.