Subject: RFC 2551 on Roman Standards Process

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 09:43:36 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2551:
 
        Title:      The Roman Standards Process -- Revision III
        Author(s):  S. Bradner
        Status:     Worst Current Practice
        Date:       1 April 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28054
        Obsoletes:  MMXXVI
        I-D Tag:    draft-seinfeld-is-over-move-on-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2551.txt

This memo documents the process used by the Roman community for the
standardization of protocols and procedures.  It defines the stages in
the standardization process, the requirements for moving a document
between stages and the types of documents used during this process.
It also addresses the intellectual property rights and copyright
issues associated with the standards process.

This document specifies a Roman Worst Current Practices for the
Roman Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.