Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ifmib-testmib-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:34:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Interfaces MIB Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definitions of Managed Objects for System and
			  Interface Testing
	Author(s)	: M. Greene, K. McCloghrie, K. Tesink
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ifmib-testmib-05.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 13-Apr-99
	
This memo defines an portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it describes objects used for testing systems and
interfaces. This memo defines the following:
 
o A general mechanism to initiate tests
o A capability to provide and store test results
o A capability to inventory the tests that are supported by
  an agent
 
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ifmib-testmib-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ifmib-testmib-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ifmib-testmib-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.