Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nichols-diff-svc-arch-01.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:38:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : A Two-bit Differentiated Services
	Architecture for the Internet
	Author(s)	: K. Nichols, V. Jacobson,  L. Zhang
	Filename	: draft-nichols-diff-svc-arch-01.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 20-Apr-99
	
This document was originally submitted as an internet draft in 
November of 1997. As one of the documents predating the formation 
of the IETF's Differentiated Services Working Group, many of the 
ideas presented here, in concert with Dave Clark's subsequent 
presentation to the December 1997 meeting of the IETF Integrated 
Services Working Group, were key to the work which led to RFCs 
2474 and 2475 and the section on allocation remains a timely 
proposal. For this reason, and to provide a reference, it is 
being submitted in its original form. The forwarding path portion
of this document is intended as a record of where we were at in late
1997 and not as an indication of future direction.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nichols-diff-svc-arch-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nichols-diff-svc-arch-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nichols-diff-svc-arch-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.