Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-simpson-danger-isakmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 12:12:14 -0400

This message is being resent to correct a typo in the filename that
appeared in the original announcement.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: IKE/ISAKMP Considered Dangerous
	Author(s)	: W. Simpson
	Filename	: draft-simpson-danger-isakmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 01-Apr-99
	
IKE [RFC-2409] is a session-key exchange mechanism within the ISAKMP
[RFC-2408] protocol framework.  This combination is fraught with egregious fundamental design flaws.

This document details a few of the more easily exploitable problems;
including interoperability issues, privacy information leaking, and
severe denial of service attacks.

The author was prevented from publishing this information in the
IETF, while awaiting publication of the more capable and robust
Photuris specification [RFC-2522].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-simpson-danger-isakmp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-simpson-danger-isakmp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-simpson-danger-isakmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.