Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-leach-digest-sasl-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 07:36:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Using Digest Authentication as a SASL Mechanism
	Author(s)	: P. Leach, C. Newman
	Filename	: draft-leach-digest-sasl-03.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 02-Apr-99
	
This specification defines how HTTP Digest Authentication [Digest] can
be used as a SASL [RFC 2222] mechanism for any protocol that has a SASL
profile. It is intended both as an improvement over CRAM-MD5 [RFC2195]
and as a convenient way to support a single authentication mechanism for
web, mail, LDAP, and other protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-leach-digest-sasl-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-leach-digest-sasl-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-leach-digest-sasl-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.