Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-calsch-locating-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 07:41:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Calendaring and
Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Calendar attributes for vCard and LDAP
	Author(s)	:  T. Small, D. Hennessy, F. Dawson  Jr
	Filename	: draft-ietf-calsch-locating-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 11-Apr-99
	
When scheduling a calendar entity, such as an event, it is a
prerequisite that an organizer has the calendar address of each attendee
that will be invited to the event. Additionally, access to an attendee's
current 'busy time' provides an a priori indication of whether the
attendee will be free to participate in the event.
 
In order to meet these challenges, a calendar user agent (CUA) needs a
mechanism to locate (URI) individual user's calendar and free/busy time.
 
This draft defines three mechanisms for obtaining a URI to a user's
calendar and free/busy time. These include:
 
- Manual transfer of the information;

- Personal data exchange using the vCard format; and
 
- Directory lookup using the LDAP protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-locating-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-calsch-locating-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-locating-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.