Subject: RFC 2573 on SNMP Applications

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 08:47:56 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2573: 

        Title:	    SNMP Applications
	Author(s):  D. Levi, P. Meyer, B. Stewart
        Status:     Draft Standard
	Date:       April 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
		    [email-masked]
        Pages:      72
        Characters: 150427
        Obsoletes:  2273
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-snmpv3-appl-v2-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2573.txt

This memo describes five types of SNMP applications which make use of
an SNMP engine as described in [RFC2571].  The types of application
described are Command Generators, Command Responders, Notification
Originators, Notification Receivers, and Proxy Forwarders.

This memo also defines MIB modules for specifying targets of
management operations, for notification filtering, and for proxy
forwarding.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.
 
This document is a product of the SNMP Version 3 Working Group of the
IETF.
 
This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.