Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-policy-core-schema-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 08:33:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Policy Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Policy Framework Core Information Model
	Author(s)	  J. Strassner, E. Ellesson, R. Moore
	Filename	: draft-ietf-policy-core-schema-03.txt
	Pages		: 52
	Date		: 18-May-99
	
This document takes as its starting point the object-oriented
information model for representing policy information currently under
development as part of the Common Information Model (CIM) activity in
the Desktop Management Task Force (DMTF).  This CIM model defines two
hierarchies of object classes:  structural classes representing
policy information and control of policies, and relationship classes
that indicate how instances of the structural classes are related to
each other. In general, both of these class hierarchies will need to
be mapped to a particular data store.
 
This draft defines the mapping of these DMTF-defined CIM classes to a
directory that uses LDAPv3 as its access protocol. When mapping to an
LDAP schema, the structural classes can be mapped more or less
directly.  The relationship hierarchy, however, must be mapped to a
form suitable for directory implementation. Since this mapping of the
relationship classes could be done in a number of different ways,
there is the risk of non-interoperable implementations.  To avoid
this possibility, this document provides a single mapping that all
implementations using an LDAP directory as their policy repository
SHALL use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-core-schema-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-policy-core-schema-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-core-schema-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.