Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-blatherwick-megaco-ipphone-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 08:34:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Megaco IP Phone Media Gateway
	Author(s)	: R. Bell, P. Blatherwick, P. Holland, R. Bach
	Filename	: draft-blatherwick-megaco-ipphone-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 21-May-99
	
This document is a proposal to add new event/signal packages and termi-
nation classes to the Megaco protocol [3], to support an IP telephone
MG.  The proposal covers the requirements (section 3), design approach
(section 4) and resource/termination model (section 5) to be used for IP
telephones. The new event/signal packages and termination classes are
defined in sections 6 and 7 respectively.  Megaco protocol issues
affecting effective implementation of IP telephones, including
complexity, reliable transport, message encoding, security and others
are presented in section 8.  The proposal represents a current view from
the TIA working group on IP telephone specification, TIA TR-41.3.4, with
the intent of using this as part of its 'whole device' specification as
a method of device control.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-blatherwick-megaco-ipphone-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-blatherwick-megaco-ipphone-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-blatherwick-megaco-ipphone-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.