Subject: RFC 2593 on SMX Protocol 1.0

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:31:09 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

	RFC 2593: 

        Title: 	    Script MIB Extensibility Protocol Version 1.0
   	Author(s):  J. Schoenwaelder, J. Quittek
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       May 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 49663
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None 
        I-D Tag:    draft-schoenw-smx-00.txt

	pathname on ftp.isi.edu: in-notes/rfc2593.txt

The IETF Script MIB defines an interface for the delegation of
management functions based on the Internet management framework. A
management script is a set of instructions that are executed by a
language specific runtime system.  The Script MIB extensibility
protocol (SMX) defined in this memo separates language specific
runtime systems from language independent Script MIB implementations.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.