Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-debeaupuis-saf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 07:29:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Security Advisory Format
	Author(s)	: T. Debeaupuis
	Filename	: draft-debeaupuis-saf-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 19-May-99
	
This memo describes a format for security advisories. An advisory is
a document describing a vulnerability of a program, an operating
system or, more generally, a software or hardware component of the
information system.

This specification tries to minimize changes in issuer and readers
current practices (messages style), and by trying to help a program
re-read the advisory tries also to keep advisories easily and friendly readable by humans.  It focuses on structure of documents.

This specification is primarily useful for advisories issuers such as
CSIRTs [RFC2350] and users and is linked with intrusion detection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-debeaupuis-saf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-debeaupuis-saf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-debeaupuis-saf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.