Subject: RFC 2586 on The Audio/L16 MIME content type

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 08:29:43 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2586: 

        Title:	    The Audio/L16 MIME content type
	Author(s):  J. Salsman, H. Alvestrand
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       May 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8694
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None 
        I-D Tag:    draft-alvestrand-audio-l16-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2586.txt

This document defines the audio/L16 MIME type, a reasonable quality
audio format for use in Internet applications.  Possible application
areas include E-mail, Web served content, file upload in Web forms,
and more.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.