Subject: RFC 2568 on Rationale for IPP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 15:10:26 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2568: 

        Title:	    Rationale for the Structure of the Model and
		    Protocol for the Internet Printing Protocol
	Author(s):  S. Zilles
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       April 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23547
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipp-rat-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2568.txt

This document is one of a set of documents, which together describe
all aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).  IPP is an
application level protocol that can be used for distributed printing
using Internet tools and technologies. This document describes IPP
from a high level view, defines a roadmap for the various documents
that form the suite of IPP specifications, and gives background and
rationale for the IETF working group's major decisions.

This document is a product of the Internet Printing Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and 
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo 
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.