Subject: RFC 2585 on PKIX Operational Protocols: FTP and HTTP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 08:27:43 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2585: 

        Title:	    Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
                    Operational Protocols: FTP and HTTP
	Author(s):  R. Housley, P. Hoffman
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       May 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14813
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None 
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-opp-ftp-http-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2585.txt

The protocol conventions described in this document satisfy some of
the operational requirements of the Internet Public Key Infrastructure
(PKI).  This document specifies the conventions for using the File
Transfer Protocol (FTP) and the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) to
obtain certificates and certificate revocation lists (CRLs) from PKI
repositories.  Additional mechanisms addressing PKIX operational
requirements are specified in separate documents.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.