Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mccarthy-smug-rtp-profile-src-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 07:52:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTP Profile for Source Authentication and Non-Repudiation of Audio and Video Conferences
	Author(s)	: L. McCarthy
	Filename	: draft-mccarthy-smug-rtp-profile-src-auth-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 05-May-99
	
This document describes a mechanism for authentication of 
the source of a stream of Real-Time Transport Protocol 
(RTP) packets.  The mechanism provides sender-specific 
authentication, non-repudiation, and replay protection 
services for both unicast and multicast RTP streams.  This 
mechanism is based upon the stream signing scheme of Wong 
and Lam [WL].  These authentication services extend the RTP
profile for audio and video conferences with minimal control 
[Schulzrinne96, Schulzrinne99].  Authentication covers all
RTP payload types, and may be applied in conjunction with 
the RTP confidentiality service.  Key management and 
negotiation of the authentication mechanism parameters are
not addressed in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mccarthy-smug-rtp-profile-src-auth-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mccarthy-smug-rtp-profile-src-auth-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mccarthy-smug-rtp-profile-src-auth-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.