Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-baldwin-bsafe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 08:49:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BSAFE CRYPTOGRAPHIC SECURITY COMPONENTS
	Author(s)	: B. Baldwin, A. Wilson, S. Nishimura, M. Yurovitsky
	Filename	: draft-baldwin-bsafe-00.txt
	Pages		: 270
	Date		: 12-May-99
	
This Internet-Draft describes protocols, procedures, and conventions
to be employed by peers implementing a generic cryptographic
application program interface. Version 4.0 of this API was
implemented inside RSA Data Security, Inc.'s BSAFE product. The API
provides a model for implementing symmetric ciphers, message digests,
message authentication, random number generation, public-key
algorithms, digital signatures, and secret sharing. The API is
documented here for the benefit of others who might also adopt and
use the API, thus providing increased portability of security
applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baldwin-bsafe-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-baldwin-bsafe-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-baldwin-bsafe-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.