Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yli-idmr-source-proxy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 07:37:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Source Proxy Option
	Author(s)	: Y. Li
	Filename	: draft-yli-idmr-source-proxy-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 14-May-99
	
This memo introduces a multicast source proxy option to the IP 
header of multicast data in anticipation to improve the 
scalability of dense-mode multicast protocols.

In case of many-to-many multicast applications, this option will 
enable downstream routers to aggregate (S,G) states consistently. 
This option will also allow to dynamically re-root subset of 
multicast distribution tree as required.

This option will enable an MOSPF domain to function as a transit 
domain. For each aggregation source network S/mask, this option 
allows internal MOSPF routers to create a default state (S/mask, *), 
whose forwarding decision maps to (ASBR, *). All multicast data for 
group without internal membership will be forwarded in accordance 
with the default state.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yli-idmr-source-proxy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yli-idmr-source-proxy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yli-idmr-source-proxy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.