Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 07:19:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
	Author(s)	: D. Carrel, D. Harkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-00.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 20-May-99
	
This memo describes a key exchange and security negotiation protocol
which is intended to depricate [HC98]. As such it will not change the
'bits on the wire' for an implementation which is compiant with
[HC98] but will clarify contentious issues with [HC98] and attempt to
explain the protocol in a less haphazard manner. Due to advances in
computer processing some mandatory-to-implement attributes have
changed between this [HC98] and this document. In addition a new and
optional exchange is introduced. Like [HC98] this memo uses [MSST98]
for a framework and as a language to express exchanges which are
derived from [Kra96] and [Orm98].
In places where the requirements between this document and [MSST98]
or [Kra96] or [Orm98] conflict, this document will be supreme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.