Subject: RFC 2570 on Introduction to SNMPv3

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 08:42:50 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2570: 

        Title:	    Introduction to Version 3 of the Internet-
		    standard Network Management Framework
	Author(s):  J. Case, R. Mundy, D. Partain, B. Stewart
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
		    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 50381
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2570.txt

The purpose of this document is to provide an overview of the third
version of the Internet-standard Management Framework, termed the
SNMP version 3 Framework (SNMPv3).  This Framework is derived from
and builds upon both the original Internet-standard Management
Framework (SNMPv1) and the second Internet-standard Management
Framework (SNMPv2).

This document is a product of the SNMP Version 3 Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.