Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:31:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Time Stamp Protocols
	Author(s)	: C. Adams, B. Pinkas, P. Cain, R. Zuccherato
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 10-May-99
	
This document describes the format of the data returned by a Time
Stamp Authority and the protocols to be used when communicating with it.
The time stamping service can be used as a Trusted Third Party (TTP) as
one component in building reliable non-repudiation services (see
[ISONR]).  In order to reduce the amount of trust required of a TSA we
introduce (in Appendix C) the optional Temporal Data Authority (TDA)
whose function is to provide further corroborating evidence of the time
contained in the token.  We also give an example of how to place a
signature at a particular point in time, from which the appropriate
certificate status information (e.g. CRLs) may be checked.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.