Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-avk-bib-music-rec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:58:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Bibliographic Format for Music Media
	Author(s)	: A. Van Kerckhoven
	Filename	: draft-avk-bib-music-rec-01.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 22-Jun-99
	
Many music libraries, music centers, music publishers, music shops and
public need to share bibliographic musical records. No standard format
exists and exchanging musical records involves an important pre- and/or
post-processing of these data.
Searching, sorting and cataloging music bibliographical records does not
currently follow any standard. The researcher needs, in each library and
each music information center, to use different procedure. In some
cases, it is just impossible to obtain the targeted result.
This document defines the requirements for a standard musical
bibliographic format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-avk-bib-music-rec-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-avk-bib-music-rec-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-avk-bib-music-rec-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.