Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 08:30:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Transition Mechanisms for IPv6 Hosts and Routers
	Author(s)	: R. Gilligan, E. Nordmark
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-04.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 01-Jun-99
	
This document specifies IPv4 compatibility mechanisms that can be
implemented by IPv6 hosts and routers.  These mechanisms include
providing complete implementations of both versions of the Internet
Protocol (IPv4 and IPv6), and tunneling IPv6 packets over IPv4
routing infrastructures.  They are designed to allow IPv6 nodes to
maintain complete compatibility with IPv4, which should greatly
simplify the deployment of IPv6 in the Internet, and facilitate the
eventual transition of the entire Internet to IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.