Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-balay-katz-parker-mesh-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:11:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IS-IS Mesh Groups
	Author(s)	: D. Katz, R. Balay, J. Parker
	Filename	: draft-balay-katz-parker-mesh-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 23-Jun-99
	
This document describes a mechanism to reduce redundant packet
transmissions for the IS-IS Routing protocol, as described in
ISO 10589 [1].  The described mechanism can be used to reduce
the flooding of Link State PDUs (LSPs) in IS-IS topologies.
The net effect is to engineer a flooding topology for LSPs
which is a subset of the physical topology. This draft serves
to document the existing behavior in deployed implementations.

The draft describes changes to implementations, not to the
protocol.  These changes are backwards compatible with
implementations that do not support this feature.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balay-katz-parker-mesh-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-balay-katz-parker-mesh-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-balay-katz-parker-mesh-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.