Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-wg-over-ip-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 09:31:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IS-IS over IPv4
	Author(s)	: A. Bansal, A. Przygienda, A. Patel
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-wg-over-ip-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 07-Jun-99
	
This draft describes an optional implementation technique within
IS-IS [ISO90, Cal90a, Cal90b] used today by several ISPs for routing
within their clouds.  IS-IS is an interior gateway routing protocol
developed originally by OSI and used with IP extensions as IGP. This
draft describes how to encapsulate IS-IS packets in IPv4 [Pos81]
format.  Such an encapsulation has many advantages, one of those
being the possibility to run integrated IS-IS on anything that
understands IPv4, including avian carriers [Wai90].  Encapsulation of
IS-IS PDUs in IPv6 is outside the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-over-ip-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-wg-over-ip-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-wg-over-ip-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.