Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-onghe-mmusic-sip-propose-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:33:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The SIP PROPOSE Method
	Author(s)	: C. Ong, S. He
	Filename	: draft-onghe-mmusic-sip-propose-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 23-Jun-99
	
This document proposes an extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol, RFC-2543[3]. The extension adds the PROPOSE method to the
SIP protocol. The intend of the PROPOSE method is to allow a Media
Gateway or other types of server that is serving a SIP node in a
live session to propose a revised session setting to the node due to
changes in network or other constraints of the current session. An
example of revised session setting could be a suggestion to the node
to lower its quality of service or choose a lower bandwidth codec
due to an increase in network traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-onghe-mmusic-sip-propose-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-onghe-mmusic-sip-propose-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-onghe-mmusic-sip-propose-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.