Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-daboo-imap-view-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:15:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IMAP VIEW Extension
	Author(s)	: C. Daboo,  M. Pustilnik, M. Crispin
	Filename	: draft-daboo-imap-view-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 25-Jun-99
	
The VIEW extension to the Internet Message Access Protocol [IMAP4]
permits a subset of messages in the mailbox to be processed
separately from the entire set of messages in the mailbox.  This
allows a client to restrict its view to only the messages appearing
in this set.  The subset of messages also need not be returned in
order of their sequence numbers, allowing clients to access messages
in a particular sort order.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daboo-imap-view-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-daboo-imap-view-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-daboo-imap-view-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.