Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-aft-socks-gssapi-revisions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 07:55:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authenticated Firewall Traversal Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: GSS-API Authentication Method for SOCKS Version 5
	Author(s)	: D. Miller
	Filename	: draft-ietf-aft-socks-gssapi-revisions-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 25-Jun-99
	
The protocol specification for SOCKS Version 5 specifies a
generalized framework for the use of arbitrary authentication
protocols in the initial SOCKS connection setup.  This document
provides the specification for the SOCKS V5 GSS-API authentication
protocol, and in particular, the use of the Simple and Protected GSS
API Negotiation (SPNEGO) mechanism.  Use of the SPNEGO pseudo-
mechanism is intended to maximize the chance of agreement of a
security mechanism, and hence maximize interoperability.  A message
protection subnegotiation protocol is also specified, allowing peers
to agree on which message protection services GSS-API encapsulated
messages will be protected with:  integrity, or integrity and
confidentiality.  Other GSS-API security services, normally optional
with GSS-API, are specified for use with SOCKS 5.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aft-socks-gssapi-revisions-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-aft-socks-gssapi-revisions-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aft-socks-gssapi-revisions-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.