Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-ref-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:53:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Remote Network Monitoring Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Remote Network Monitoring MIB Protocol Identifier    
                          Reference
 	Author(s)	: A. Bierman, C. Bucci, R. Iddon
  	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-ref-01.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 25-Jun-99
	
This memo defines a notation describing protocol layers in a protocol
encapsulation, specifically for use in encoding INDEX values for the
protocolDirTable, found in the RMON-2 MIB [RFC2021]. The definitions for
the standard protocol directory base layer identifiers are also
included.
 
The first version of the RMON Protocol Identifiers Document [RFC2074]
has been split into a standards-track Reference portion (this document),
and an Informational document. The RMON Protocol Identifier Macros
document [RMONPROT_MAC] now contains the non-normative portion of that
specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-ref-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-ref-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-ref-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.