Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gietz-ldapindex-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 07:22:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements and overview for an 
                          European LDAP indexing service
	Author(s)	:  P. Gietz, P. Valkenburg, H. Bekker
	Filename	: draft-gietz-ldapindex-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 28-Jun-99
	
This document describes the overall concept of a distributed 
indexing system based on the Common Indexing Protocol (CIP)
[1], as it will be implemented in the EC co-funded 
DESIRE II project and afterwards maintained as a service by 
the European academia. Although the system is designed for 
multi-purpose usage, the main focus of this document lies on 
its application as a LDAPv3 [2] Directory white pages 
index, although the system is designed to be applicable to 
other indexing problems as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gietz-ldapindex-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gietz-ldapindex-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gietz-ldapindex-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.