Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-elmalki-mobileip-fast-handoffs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:51:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Handoff Method for Real-Time Traffic over 
                          Scaleable Mobile IP Networks
	Author(s)	: K. El Malki, N. Fikouras, S. Cvetkovic
	Filename	: draft-elmalki-mobileip-fast-handoffs-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 15-Jun-99
	
This document defines the operations to be performed by
scaleable Mobile IP [1] networks during handoffs in order to
support real-time traffic which has delay bounds. This method is
based on the Regionalized Tunnel Management [2] approach. A
method is described in this document which defines the operation
of Mobile Nodes, Foreign Agents and Hierarchical Proxy Foreign
Agents. This utilises multiple bindings in order to 'multicast'
traffic to potential Mobile Node movement locations in order to
anticipate movement. This eliminates the service disruption
period which is currently present during handoffs in Mobile IP
networks due to registration delay. The information redundancy
lasts only for very short periods and the waste of bandwidth is
therefore minimal.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-mobileip-fast-handoffs-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-elmalki-mobileip-fast-handoffs-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-mobileip-fast-handoffs-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.