Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-policy-terms-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:50:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Policy Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Terminology for describing network policy and
                          services
	Author(s)	: J. Strassner, E. Ellesson 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-policy-terms-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 29-Jun-99
	
Recent work in the IETF has led to multiple protocols which support
the classification of packets for the purposes of treating certain
classes or flows of packets in a particular way compared to other
packets. The successful wide-scale deployment of these protocols
depends on the ability to administer and distribute consistent policy
information to the multiple devices in the network which perform the 
classification and packet conditioning or treatment. As a result,
there is a clear need to develop a scalable framework for policy
administration and distribution that will enable interoperability 
among multiple devices and device types that must work together to 
achieve a consistent implementation of policy.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-terms-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-policy-terms-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-terms-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.