Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nystrom-securid-sasl-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:26:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The SecurID(r) SASL Mechanism
	Author(s)	: M. Nystrom, J. Brainard
	Filename	: draft-nystrom-securid-sasl-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 25-Jun-99
	
SecurID is a hardware token card product (or software emulation
thereof) produced by Security Dynamics, which is used for end-user
authentication. This document defines a SASL authentication mechanism
using these tokens, thereby providing a means for such tokens to be
used in SASL [RFC2222] environments. This mechanism is only for
authentication, and has no effect on the protocol encoding and is not
designed to provide integrity or confidentiality services.

This memo assumes the reader has basic familiarity with the SecurID
token, its associated authentication protocol and SASL.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nystrom-securid-sasl-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nystrom-securid-sasl-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nystrom-securid-sasl-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.