Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-sdl-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 08:01:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PPP over Simple Data Link (SDL) using SONET/SDH with 
                          ATM-like framing
	Author(s)	: J. Carlson, C.Langner, E. Hernandez-Valencia,  
                          J. Manchester 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-sdl-02.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 04-Jun-99
	
The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) [1] provides a standard method for
transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point links, and
RFCs 1662 [2] and 1619 [3] provide a means to carry PPP over
Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) [5] and Synchronous Digital
Hierarchy (SDH) [6] circuits.  This document extends these standards
to include a new encapsulation for PPP called Simple Data Link (SDL)
[7].  SDL provides a very low overhead alternative to standard HDLC
encapsulation for SONET/SDH links.
 
   This document is the product of the Point-to-Point Protocol Working
   Group of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).  Comments should
   be submitted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-sdl-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-sdl-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-sdl-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.