Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-key-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:02:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: AAA Registration Keys for Mobile IP
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, P. Calhoun
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-key-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 22-Jun-99
	
AAA servers, such as RADIUS and DIAMETER, are in use within the
Internet today to provide authentication and authorization services
for dial-up computers.  Mobile IP requires strong authentication
between the mobile node and its home agent.  When the mobile node
shares a security association with its home AAA server, however, it
is possible to use that security association to create derivative
security associations between the mobile node and its home agent,
and again between the mobile node and the foreign agent currently
offering a care-of address to the mobile node.  This document
specifies extensions to the Mobile IP Registration Reply packet that
can be used to distribute such security information to the mobile
node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-key-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-key-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-key-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.