Subject: RFC 2609 on Service Templates and URLs

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:44:35 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2609:

        Title:	    Service Templates and Service: Schemes
	Author(s):  E. Guttman, C. Perkins, J. Kempf
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       June 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
		    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 72842
	Updates:    2165
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-svrloc-service-scheme-14.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2609.txt

This document describes a formal procedure for defining and
standardizing new service types and attributes for use with the
"service:" scheme.  The formal descriptions of service types and
attributes are templates that are human and machine understandable.
They SHOULD be used by administrative tools to parse service
registration information and by client applications to provide
localized translations of service attribute strings.

This document is a product of the Service Location Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.