Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:30:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label
Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDP State Machine
	Author(s)	: L. Wu,  P. Cheval,  C. Boscher, E. Gray 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-01.txt
	Pages		: 78
	Date		: 17-Jun-99
	
In the current LDP draft [Ref5], there is no state machine specified
for processing the LDP messages. We think that defining a common
state machine is very important for interoperability between
different ldp implementations.
 
This draft provides state machine tables for ATM switch LSRs. We
begin in section 2 by defining a list of terminologies. Then in
section 3, we propose two sets of state machine tables for ATM switch
LSRs, one for non-vc merge ATM LSRs and one for the vc merge ATM
LSRs. Finally, in section 4, we outline the possible future working
items.
 
   Even though the state machines in this document are specific for
   ATM-LSR, they can be easily adapted for other types of LSRs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.