Subject: RFC 2614 on Service Location API

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:48:24 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2614:

        Title:	    An API for Service Location
	Author(s):  J. Kempf, E. Guttman
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       June 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      91
        Characters: 164002
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None    
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-svrloc-api-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2614.txt

This document describes standardized APIs for SLP in C and Java.  The
APIs are modular and are designed to allow implementations to offer
just the feature set needed.  In addition, standardized file formats
for configuration and serialized registrations are defined, allowing
SLP agents to set network and other parameters in a portable way.

This document is a product of the Service Location Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.