Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-speakman-pgm-spec-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:21:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PGM Reliable Transport Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: D. Farinacci, A. Lin, T. Speakman, A. Tweedly
	Filename	: draft-speakman-pgm-spec-03.txt
	Pages		: 102
	Date		: 25-Jun-99
	
Pragmatic General Multicast (PGM) is a reliable multicast transport pro-
tocol for applications that require ordered, duplicate-free, multicast
data delivery from multiple sources to multiple receivers.  PGM guaran-
tees that a receiver in the group either receives all data packets from
transmissions and retransmissions, or is able to detect unrecoverable
data packet loss.  PGM is specifically intended as a workable solution
for multicast applications with basic reliability requirements.  Its
central design goal is simplicity of operation with due regard for sca-
lability and network efficiency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-speakman-pgm-spec-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-speakman-pgm-spec-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-speakman-pgm-spec-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.