Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pilc-slow-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 08:30:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Performance Implications of Link Characteristics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Performance Implications of Link-Layer
                          Characteristics: Slow Links                   
        Author(s)	: S. Dawkins, G. Montenegro, M. Kojo, V. Magret 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pilc-slow-00.txt
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 01-Jun-99
	
The PILC (Performance Implications of Link-Layer Characteristics)
Working Group in IETF was chartered to develop a series of
recommendations for improved protocol performance in network paths
that traverse 'extreme' link conditions. This document is part
of the PILC series, and focuses on network paths that traverse 'very
low bit-rate' links.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pilc-slow-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pilc-slow-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pilc-slow-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.