Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-diffserv-model-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 07:56:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Differentiated Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Conceptual Model for Diffserv Routers
	Author(s)	: Y. Bernet, S. Blake,  A. Smith 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-diffserv-model-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 25-Jun-99
	
This draft proposes a conceptual model for use in the management of
Differentiated Services (diffserv) routers. We describe the
fundamental packet classification principles that allow traffic
streams to be differentiated. We describe the fundamental traffic
conditioning elements that comprise the traffic conditioning
functionality of diffserv routers. We describe the fundamental queue
elements that comprise the Per-Hop Behaviour (PHB) functionality of
diffserv routers. We propose a formal model for these. We also
describe parameters and variables that may be used for monitoring
the operation of the elements described above. There is no attempt
made to define the packet forwarding behaviours of diffserv routers
- these are well described elsewhere in the literature.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-model-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-diffserv-model-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-model-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.