Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mccann-transform-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:18:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Transform Policy Distribution using Mobile 
                          IP/DIAMETER
	Author(s)	: P. McCann, T. Hiller
	Filename	: draft-mccann-transform-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 25-Jun-99
	
The deployment of Mobile IP in a wide area network presents several
challenges, not the least of which is how to provide subscribers
with secure access to remote private networks.  This draft outlines
mechanisms whereby the home and visited network may negotiate the
use of IP transforms, such as IP Security ESP and AH protocols, on
the Mobile IP redirection tunnels.  These mechanisms allow for the
secure distribution of both keys and policies through a DIAMETER AAA
infrastructure, obviating the need for other forms of key
distribution or policy negotiation.  The mechanisms are extensible
to other kinds of IP transforms, such as IP Compression.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mccann-transform-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mccann-transform-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mccann-transform-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.