Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zaccone-nat-transport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:26:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Framework for the transport of the Internet traffic
                          in a privately addressed network.
	Author(s)	: B. Sales, Y. T'Joens
	Filename	: draft-zaccone-nat-transport-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 24-Jun-99
	
This document describes a framework for the transport of the Internet
traffic inside a privately addressed network in the context where the
private network uses an address reuse technology to offer Internet
connectivity using a restricted number of IP addresses.
Till now, all alternatives to the Network Address Translation
technology use tunneling between hosts and a border router. This
document will introduce other mechanisms for the transport of the
Internet traffic inside the private network. This document will
further introduce an alternative to NAT that deploys the described
transport mechanisms instead of doing translation or tunnel
management on routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zaccone-nat-transport-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zaccone-nat-transport-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zaccone-nat-transport-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.