Subject: BCP 32, RFC 2606 on Reserved Top Level DNS Names

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:42:20 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 32:
	RFC 2606:

        Title:	    Reserved Top Level DNS Names
	Author(s):  D. Eastlake, A. Panitz
        Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       June 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked] 
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8008
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None 
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsind-test-tlds-13.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2606.txt

To reduce the likelihood of conflict and confusion, a few top level
domain names are reserved for use in private testing, as examples in
documentation, and the like.  In addition, a few second level domain
names reserved for use as examples are documented.

This document is a product of the DNS, IXFR, Notification, and Dynamic
Update Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.