Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dcsgroup-mmusic-state-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:28:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Extensions for supporting Distributed Call State
	Author(s)	: W. Marshall, K. Ramakrishnan, E. Miller, G. Russell,
                          B. Beser, M. Mannette, K. Steinbrenner, D. Oran, 
                          J. Pickens, P. Lalwaney, J. Fellows, D. Evans, 
                          K. Kelly, F. Andreasen
	Filename	: draft-dcsgroup-mmusic-state-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 29-Jun-99
	
This document describes extensions to the Session Initiation
Protocol RFC(2543) for supporting telephony services using the
Distributed Call Signaling architecture described in [2]. This
document discusses extensions to the host parameter in the SIP URL
for supporting the following: (a) a call signaling architecture
where call state is distributed to the clients during call setup and
stored there for the duration of the call, (b) support for local
number portability and (c) relaxation of the strong coupling between
the phone number and its gateway in the telephony subscriber URL as
defined in RFC 2543. Additional headers in SIP messages for passing
call state information between the clients and their proxies, and
support for PSTN-based operator services are also discussed in this
document. In addition, the need for the Also and Replaces headers
previously discussed in [3]) are mentioned here.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-mmusic-state-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dcsgroup-mmusic-state-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-mmusic-state-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.