Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:03:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: X.509 Extensions for Authorization of IP Addresses,
                          AS Numbers, and Routers within an AS
	Author(s)	: C. Lynn
	Filename	: draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 14-Jun-99
	
This document defines three X.509 v3 Certificate Extensions.  The
first binds a list of IP Address blocks to the public key of the
subject of a certificate.  The second binds a list of Autonomous
System Numbers to the public key of the subject of a certificate.
The third binds a BGP Router Identifier and an Autonomous System
Number to the public key of the subject of a certificate.  Third
parties, e.g., BGP routers, may use these certificates to verify that
the holder of the private key corresponding to the public key in the
certificate has been properly authorized to use resources specified
in the certificate extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-clynn-bgp-x509-auth-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.