Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-issll-is802-framework-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 08:52:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services over Specific Link Layers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for Providing Integrated Services Over
                          Shared and Switched IEEE 802 LAN Technologies
	Author(s)	: A. Ghanwani,  W. Pace,  V. Srinivasan,  A. Smith,
                          M. Seaman   
	Filename	: draft-ietf-issll-is802-framework-07.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 08-Jun-99
	
This memo describes a framework for supporting IETF Integrated
Services on shared and switched LAN infrastructure.  It includes
background material on the capabilities of IEEE 802 like networks
with regard to parameters that affect Integrated Services such as
access latency, delay variation and queueing support in LAN switches.
It discusses aspects of IETF's Integrated Services model that cannot
easily be accommodated in different LAN environments.  It outlines
a functional model for supporting the Resource Reservation Protocol
(RSVP) in such LAN environments.  Details of extensions to RSVP for
use over LANs are described in an accompanying memo [14].  Mappings
of the various Integrated Services onto IEEE 802 LANs are described
in another memo [13].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-is802-framework-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-issll-is802-framework-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-is802-framework-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.