Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:20:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label
Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MPLS Support of Differentiated Services by ATM LSRs   
                          and Frame Relay LSRs
	Author(s)	: L. Wu, P. Cheval, P. Vaananen, F. Le Faucheur,
                          B. Davie 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 16-Jun-99
	
This document proposes a solution for MPLS to support Differentiated
Services (Diff-Serv) over ATM LSRs and Frame Relay LSRs. It proposes
corresponding updates to the current MPLS LDP and MPLS RSVP messages
for LSP establishment.
In brief, we propose to use LSPs where the Behavior Aggregate's
scheduling treatment is inferred by the LSR from the packet's label
value (VCI/DLCI) while the Behavior Aggregate's drop precedence is
indicated in the ATM/FR selective discard CLP/DE field.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.