Subject: STD 1, RFC 2500 on Internet Standards

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 15:40:57 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 1:
	RFC 2500: 

        Title:	    Internet Official Protocol Standards
	Author(s):  J. Reynolds, R. Braden, Eds.
        Status:     Standard
	Date:       June 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 78845
        Obsoletes:  2400, 2300, 2200, 2000, 1920, 1880, 1800, 1780,
		    1720, 1610, 1600, 1540, 1500, 1410, 1360, 1280, 
		    1250, 1200, 1140, 1130, 1100, 1083
        I-D Tag:    None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2500.txt

This memo summarizes the status of Internet protocols and
specifications.  It is published by the RFC Editor in accordance with
Section 2.1 of "The Internet Standards Process -- Revision 3", RFC
2026, which specifies the rules and procedures by which all Internet
stnadards are set.  This memo is prepared by the RFC Editor for the
IESG and IAB.  It is a member of a series of summary memos that are
published approximately every one hundred RFCs; please see
www.rfc-editor.org.
 
This document is a Standard.

This memo describes the state of standardization of protocols used in
the Internet as determined by the Internet Engineering Task
Force(IETF).  This memo is an Internet Standard.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.
 
This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.