Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nat-terminology-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 09:31:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Address Translators Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IP Network Address Translator (NAT) Terminology and
                          Considerations
	Author(s)	: P. Srisuresh, M. Holdrege
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nat-terminology-03.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 07-Jun-99
	
Network Address Translation is a method by which IP addresses are
mapped from one realm to another, providing transparent routing to
hosts. Traditionally, NATs are used to connect an isolated routing
realm with private unregistered addresses to an external routing
realm with globally unique registered addresses. This document
attempts to describe the operation of NATs in general and to
define the terminology used to identify various flavors of NAT.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-terminology-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nat-terminology-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-terminology-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.