Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chadwick-families-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:56:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Compound (Families of) Entries
	Author(s)	: D. Chadwick
	Filename	: draft-chadwick-families-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 14-Jun-99
	
This document describes protocol support, in the form of LDAP
controls, for compound entries. A compound entry logically allows
collections of attributes to be grouped together as though they were
present in the single compound entry, whereas in fact they are held
in a hierarchical set of entries beneath the compound entry. The LDAP
controls allow the user to treat a compound entry as either separate
entries or as a single compound entry when both searching, retrieving
and deleting information from the DIT. Compound entries are briefly
described here and a full description of them can be found in the
draft version of X.500 (2000)[FPDAM].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chadwick-families-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chadwick-families-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chadwick-families-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.