Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsind-sec-rr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:40:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS IXFR, Notification, and Dynamic Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The SEC Resource Record
	Author(s)	: O. Gudmundsson, E. Lewis, J. Scharf
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsind-sec-rr-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 24-Jun-99
	
A new DNS reseource record, the SECurity RR, is defined to address
concerns about the parent zone's holding of the child zone's KEY RR
set.  These concerns are addressed in a manner that retains the
information needed by a secure resolver when asking a parent zone
about the child zone.  This proposal updates RFC 2535 and RFC 2181.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-sec-rr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsind-sec-rr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-sec-rr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.