Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gupta-mobileip-inline-secparams-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:12:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Inline Security Parameter Payload for Mobile IP
	Author(s)	: V. Gupta
	Filename	: draft-gupta-mobileip-inline-secparams-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 29-Jun-99
	
This memo proposes a new payload extension for Mobile IP registration
requests and replies. It allows security parameters (except for any
secret keys), typically associated with a Security Parmaeter Index
(SPI), to be carried in-line with a Mobile IP authentication
extensions. The payload simplifies the use of public-key
authentication with Mobile IP by allowing inline exchange of
certificates. It even allows mixing of secret-key and public-key
based mechanisms in different authentication extensions within the
same Mobile IP message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gupta-mobileip-inline-secparams-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gupta-mobileip-inline-secparams-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gupta-mobileip-inline-secparams-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.