Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-qos-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:08:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Establishing QoS and Security Preconditions for SDP 
                          Sessions
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne, S. Donovan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-qos-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 21-Jun-99
	
This document discusses how network QoS and security establishment
can be made a precondition to participation in sessions described by
SDP. These preconditions require that the participant reserve network
resources (or create a secure media channel) before continuing with
the session. In the case of SIP, this effectively means that the
'phone won't ring' until the preconditions are met. These
preconditions are described by new SDP parameters, defined in this
document. The preconditions can be defined independently for each
media stream.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-qos-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-qos-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-qos-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.