Subject: RFC 2626 on The Internet and the Millennium Problem (Year 2000)

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:49:41 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

	RFC 2626:

        Title:	    The Internet and the Millennium Problem (Year
		    2000)
	Author(s):  P. Nesser II
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       June 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      275
        Characters: 547560
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None    
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-2000-issue-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2626.txt

The Year 2000 Working Group (WG) has conducted an investigation into
the millennium problem as it regards Internet related protocols.  This
investigation only targeted the protocols as documented in the Request
For Comments Series (RFCs).  This investigation discovered little
reason for concern with regards to the functionality of the protocols.
A few minor cases of older implementations still using two digit years
(ala RFC 850) were discovered, but almost all Internet protocols were
given a clean bill of health.

This document is a product of the The Internet and the Millennium Problem
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.