Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-issll-isslow-rtf-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 09:27:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services over Specific Link Layers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PPP in a real-time oriented HDLC-like framing
	Author(s)	: C. Bormann
	Filename	: draft-ietf-issll-isslow-rtf-05.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 04-Jun-99
	
A companion document describes an architecture for providing
integrated services over low-bitrate links, such as modem lines, ISDN
B-channels, and sub-T1 links [1].  The main components of the
architecture are: a real-time encapsulation format for asynchronous
and synchronous low-bitrate links, a header compression architecture
optimized for real-time flows, elements of negotiation protocols used
between routers (or between hosts and routers), and announcement
protocols used by applications to allow this negotiation to take
place.
 
This document proposes the suspend/resume-oriented solution for the
real-time encapsulation format part of the architecture.  The general
approach is to start from the PPP Multilink fragmentation protocol
[2] and its multi-class extension [5] and add suspend/resume in a way
that is as compatible to existing hard- and firmware as possible.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-isslow-rtf-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-issll-isslow-rtf-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-isslow-rtf-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.