Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-domain-wide-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 07:28:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Domain-wide Prefix Distribution with Multi-Level IS-IS
	Author(s)	: T. Li, T. Przygienda, H. Smit 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-domain-wide-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 28-Jun-99
	
This document describes extensions to the IS-IS protocol to support
optimal routing within a multi-level domain.  The IS-IS protocol is
specified in ISO 10589 [1], with extensions for supporting IPv4
specified in RFC 1195 [2].
 
This document extends the semantics presented in RFC 1195 so that a
routing domain running with both Level 1 and Level 2 Intermediate
Systems (IS) [routers] can distribute IP prefixes between Level 1 and
Level 2 and vice versa.  This distribution requires certain
restrictions to insure that persistent forwarding loops do not form.
The goal of this domain-wide prefix distribution is to increase the
granularity of the routing information within the domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-domain-wide-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-domain-wide-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-domain-wide-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.