Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lietal-pim-sec-mcast-plane-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 07:39:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Secure Multicast Plane between PIM-SM Domains (SMPP)
	Author(s)	: J. Hayes, Y. Li, B. Ng
	Filename	: draft-lietal-pim-sec-mcast-plane-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 10-Jun-99
	
This memo proposes a secure multicast plane between PIM-SM domains 
through a MSDP bridge. The MSDP bridge is the MSDP peering topology 
with a GRE tunnel associated with each pair of MSDP routers. A 
multicast protocol such as DVMRP, PIM-DM or BGMP runs over the MSDP 
bridge to forward secure multicast data in the global key space. As 
a RP, each security broker in an interested domain translates the 
data from the MSDP bridge to the local domain and forwards the data 
in the local key space. 
This approach is perceived as a transitional solution to the 
multicast security between PIM-SM domains. It will enable group 
security association to differ from one shared tree to another, and 
will essentially facilitate group key distribution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lietal-pim-sec-mcast-plane-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lietal-pim-sec-mcast-plane-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lietal-pim-sec-mcast-plane-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.