Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-daigle-arch-ids-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 07:00:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: An Architecture for Integrated Directory Services
	Author(s)	: L. Daigle, T. Eklof
	Filename	: draft-daigle-arch-ids-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 02-Jul-99
	
A single, unified, global whitepages directory service remains
elusive.  Nonetheless, there is increasing call for participation of
widely-dispersed directory servers (i.e., across multiple 
organizations) in large-scale directory services.  These services
range from national whitepages services, to multi-national
indexes of WWW resources, and beyond.  Drawing from experiences
with the TISDAG ([TISDAG]) project, this document outlines
an approach to providing the necessary infrastructure for 
integrating such widely-scattered servers into a single service,
rather than attempting to mandate a single protocol and schema set
for all participating servers to use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daigle-arch-ids-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-daigle-arch-ids-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-daigle-arch-ids-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.