Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eklof-dag-experiences-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 07:17:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Wide Area Directory Deployment Experiences
	Author(s)	: T. Eklof, L. Daigle 
	Filename	: draft-eklof-dag-experiences-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 30-Jun-99
	
The TISDAG (Technical Infrastructure for Swedish Directory Access
Gateway) project provided valuable insight into the current
reality of deploying a wide-scale directory service.  This
document catalogues some of the experiences gained in developing
the necessary infrastructure for a national (i.e., multi-organizational)
directory service and pilot deployment of the service in an environment
with off-the-shelf directory service products.  A perspective on
the project's relationship to other directory deployment projects
is provided, along with some proposals for future extensions of
the work (larger scale deployment, other application areas).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eklof-dag-experiences-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eklof-dag-experiences-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eklof-dag-experiences-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.