Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-peirce-radius-challenge-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 07:56:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mechanism to Support CHAP Mobile Node Authentication
                          for RADIUS/DIAMETER Hybrid AAA Networks
	Author(s)	: Y. Xu, K. Peirce, E. Campbell
	Filename	: draft-peirce-radius-challenge-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 30-Jun-99
	
Mobile IP Authentication is a requirement for the TR 45.6
CDMA wireless packet data service architecture[8].
Diameter AAA, as described in [1] and [2], is used to
support Mobile IP authentication. This requires that both
the foreign and home network deploy Diameter servers.
Currently, RADIUS servers have been deployed and are
widely used in the Internet Service Provider(ISP)
arena.While DIAMETER is required to provide the advanced
AAA support required by the TR 45.6 architecture, a smooth
transition from RADIUS AAA to Diameter AAA is required. At
a minimum,the Diameter AAA server located in a foreign
network must inter-operate with RADIUS AAA located in Home
Network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peirce-radius-challenge-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-peirce-radius-challenge-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-peirce-radius-challenge-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.