Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nadas-diffserv-experience-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 07:55:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: IBM Diffserv Implementation Experiments
	Author(s)	: S. Nadas, L. Li, V. Peris
	Filename	: draft-nadas-diffserv-experience-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 02-Jul-99
	
This informational memo contains a description of some 
measurements from early DiffServ (DS) experiments that used a 
preliminary version of IBM's DiffServ implementation on an IBM 
router over an egress T1/E1 PPP interface. The service level 
specification (SLS) may be configured on the router or optionally 
controlled by an external LDAP policy server. The measurements 
were intended to examine the behavior of a mixture of Expedited 
Forwarding (EF) traffic, Assured Forwarding (AF) traffic and Best 
Effort (BE) traffic on a congested E1 link.  The router code 
includes an LDAP client that communicates with a policy server to 
obtain the policies that control the amount of resources 
configured for the DiffServ classes. 

The diagrams referred to in this memo are available in the 
postscript version of this memo.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nadas-diffserv-experience-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nadas-diffserv-experience-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nadas-diffserv-experience-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.