Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-weiss-policy-device-qos-model-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 08:15:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Terminology for describing network policy and services
	Author(s)	: W. Weiss, J. Strassner, A. Westerinen
	Filename	: draft-weiss-policy-device-qos-model-00.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 30-Jun-99
	
The purpose of this draft is to define an information model that
describes the attributes common to the forwarding characteristics of
Differentiated Services QoS and RSVP. Once this information model is
defined, then a separate draft can be written to refine the core
information model defined in the Policy Framework working group to
model policies that control the configuration of DS-capable network
devices. This approach enables the definition of policies that can be
used to define Services for DiffServ-capable devices and networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weiss-policy-device-qos-model-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-weiss-policy-device-qos-model-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-weiss-policy-device-qos-model-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.