Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wu-srp-auth-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:05:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The SRP Authentication and Key Exchange System
	Author(s)	: T. Wu
	Filename	: draft-wu-srp-auth-03.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 26-Jul-99
	
This document describes a cryptographically strong network
authentication mechanism known as the Secure Remote Password (SRP)
protocol.  This mechanism is suitable for negotiating secure
connections using a user-supplied password, while eliminating the
security problems traditionally associated with reusable passwords.
This system also performs a secure key exchange in the process of
authentication, allowing security layers (privacy and/or integrity
protection) to be enabled during the session.  Trusted key servers
and certificate infrastructures are not required, and clients are
not required to store or manage any long-term keys.  SRP offers
both security and deployment advantages over existing challenge-
response techniques, making it an ideal drop-in replacement where
secure password authentication is needed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-srp-auth-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wu-srp-auth-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wu-srp-auth-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.