Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for the Ethernet-like Interface Types to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:06:16 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft Definitions of Managed Objects
for the Ethernet-like Interface Types
<draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-v2-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard. This
document obsoletes RFC2358, currently a Proposed Standard.

The IESG also approved the Internet-Draft Definitions of Object
Identifiers for Identifying Ethernet Chip Sets
<draft-ietf-hubmib-ether-chipsets-02.txt> as an Informational RFC.

These documents are the product of the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy
Bush.

Technical Summary
 
  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
  for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
  This memo obsoletes RFC 2358 ''Definitions of Managed Objects for the
  Ethernet-like Interface Types''.  This memo extends that
  specification by including management information useful for the
  management of 1000 Mb/s and full-duplex Ethernet interfaces.

  Ethernet technology, as defined by the 802.3 Working Group of the
  IEEE, continues to evolve, with scalable increases in speed, new
  types of cabling and interfaces, and new features.  This evolution
  may require changes in the managed objects in order to reflect this
  new functionality.  This document, as with other documents issued by
  this working group, reflects a certain stage in the evolution of
  Ethernet technology.  In the future, this document might be revised,
  or new documents might be issued by the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub
  MIB Working Group, in order to reflect the evolution of Ethernet
  technology.

Working Group Summary

 These documents represent the consensus of the HUBMIB WG.

Protocol Quality

 These documents were reviewd for the IESG by Shawn Routhier