Subject: RFC 2639 on Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Implementer's Guide

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:55:10 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2639:

        Title:	    Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Implementer's Guide
        Author(s):  T. Hastings, C. Manros
        Status:     Informational		
	Date:       July 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 145086
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None 
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipp-implementers-guide-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2639.txt

This document contains information that supplements the IPP Model and 
Semantics [RFC2566] and the IPP Transport and Encoding [RFC2565] 
documents.  It is intended to help implementers understand IPP/1.0 and
some of the considerations that may assist them in the design of their
client and/or IPP object implementations.  For example, a typical
order of processing requests is given, including error checking.  
Motivation for some of the specification decisions is also included.

This document is a product of the Internet Printing Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.