Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3 Medium Attachment Units (MAUs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:06:25 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Definitions of Managed
Objects for IEEE 802.3 Medium Attachment Units (MAUs)'
<draft-ietf-hubmib-mau-mib-v2-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
 This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
 for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
 This memo obsoletes RFC 2239, ''Definitions of Managed Objects for
 IEEE 802.3 Medium Attachment Units (MAUs) using SMIv2''.  This memo
 extends that specification by including management information useful
 for the management of 1000 Mb/s MAUs.

 Ethernet technology, as defined by the 802.3 Working Group of the
 IEEE, continues to evolve, with scalable increases in speed, new
 types of cabling and interfaces, and new features.  This evolution
 may require changes in the managed objects in order to reflect this
 new functionality.  This document, as with other documents issued by
 this working group, reflects a certain stage in the evolution of
 Ethernet technology.  In the future, this document might be revised,
 or new documents might be issued by the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub
 MIB Working Group, in order to reflect the evolution of Ethernet
 technology.

Working Group Summary

 This document represents the consensus of the HUBMIB WG.

Protocol Quality

 The document was reviewd for the IESG by Shawn Routhier.