Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 08:12:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Media Gateway Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Megaco IP Phone Media Gateway
	Author(s)	: R. Bell, P. Blatherwick, P. Holland, R. Bach
	Filename	: draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 01-Jul-99
	
This document is a proposal to add new event/signal packages and 
termination classes to the Megaco protocol [3], to support an IP 
telephone MG.  The proposal covers the requirements (section 3), design 
approach (section 4) and package/termination model (section 5) to be 
used for IP telephones. The new event/signal packages and termination 
classes are defined in sections 6 and 7 respectively.  

The proposal represents the current view from the TIA working group on 
IP telephone specification, TIA TR-41.3.4, with the intent of using 
this as part of its 'whole device' specification as an optional method 
of device control.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.