Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosen-megaco-structures-and-encoding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 07:58:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Unifying MEGACO/H.GCP Structures and Encoding
	Author(s)	: B. Rosen, P. Sijben,  J. Ott
 	Filename	: draft-rosen-megaco-structures-and-encoding-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 01-Jul-99
	
The MEGACO/H.GCP draft protocol has several structures that are not com-
pletely defined, viz, how properties are described and grouped, the tem-
plate concept, the package concept, etc.  There is also an extended
debate on the encoding of the protocol, and particularly, the encoding
of the command parameters.  This contribution proposes a unified
approach to all of these issues.  This Internet Draft was rushed to meet
the Oslo deadline. As such, it was not thoroughly reviewed, especially
to see that this ID conformed to its referenced fundamental ideas on
capabilities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-megaco-structures-and-encoding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosen-megaco-structures-and-encoding-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosen-megaco-structures-and-encoding-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.