Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guillemot-genrtp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 07:55:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 with Scaleable
			  & Flexible Error Resiliency
	Author(s)	: C. Guillemot, P. Christ, S. Wesner, A. Klemets
	Filename	: draft-guillemot-genrtp-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 02-Jul-99
	
This document describes a payload format, which can be used for the
transport of both MPEG-4 Elementary Streams (ES) as well as MPEG-4
Sync Layer packet streams, in RTP [1] packets.  The payload format
allows for protection against loss in a generic way, through frag-
mentation, grouping and extension data mechanisms, which can dynamically adapt to network conditions. These mechanisms can operate both
on full and partial MPEG-4 Access Units, such as Sync Layer packets,
or typed segments,   These mechanisms can cover a broad range of
protection schemes and avoid extra connection management complexity
- e.g. for separate FEC channels - in MPEG-4 applications with a high number of streams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guillemot-genrtp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guillemot-genrtp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guillemot-genrtp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.