Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-katabi-global-anycast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 07:47:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Framework for Global IP-Anycast (GIA)
	Author(s)	: D. Katabi, J. Wroclawski
	Filename	: draft-katabi-global-anycast-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 30-Jun-99
	
This document describes GIA, an architecture for a scalable
Global IP-Anycast service. In contrast to previous
approaches, which route IP-anycast through the unicast
routing system, GIA provides IP-anycast with its own
routing protocol.  To scale, GIA pushes the overhead of
anycast routing to the edge of the network and off-load the
middle routers of the burden of storing anycast routes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-katabi-global-anycast-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-katabi-global-anycast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-katabi-global-anycast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.