Subject: RFC 2638 on A Two-bit Differentiated Services Architecture for the Internet (Wrong Title on Previous Announcement)

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:03:58 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2638
        Title:	    A Two-bit Differentiated Services Architecture for
                    the Internet
        Author(s):  K. Nichols, V. Jacobson, L. Zhang
        Status:     Informational		
	Date:       July 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 72785
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None 
        I-D Tag:    draft-nichols-diff-svc-arch-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2638.txt

This document was originally submitted as an internet draft in
November of 1997. As one of the documents predating the formation of
the IETF's Differentiated Services Working Group, many of the ideas
presented here, in concert with Dave Clark's subsequent presentation
to the December 1997 meeting of the IETF Integrated Services Working
Group, were key to the work which led to RFCs 2474 and 2475 and the
section on allocation remains a timely proposal. For this reason, and
to provide a reference, it is being submitted in its original form.
The forwarding path portion of this document is intended as a record
of where we were at in late 1997 and not as an indication of future
direction. 

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.