Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-malloc-masc-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 07:29:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast-Address Allocation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Multicast Address-Set Claim (MASC) Protocol
	Author(s)	: D. Estrin,  R. Govindan, M. Handley,  S. Kumar, 
                          P. Radoslavov, D. Thaler
	Filename	: draft-ietf-malloc-masc-02.txt
	Pages		: 59
	Date		: 15-Jul-99
	
This document describes MASC, a protocol for inter-domain multicast
address set allocation.  The MASC protocol is used by a node
(typically a router) to claim and allocate one or more address
prefixes to that node's domain.  Each prefix has an associated
lifetime, and is chosen out of a larger prefix with a lifetime at
least as long, in a manner such that prefixes are aggregatable.  At
any time, each MASC node will typically advertise several prefixes
with different lifetimes and scopes, allowing Multicast Address
Allocation Servers (MAAS's) in that domain or child MASC domains to
choose appropriate addresses for their clients.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-malloc-masc-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-malloc-masc-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-malloc-masc-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.