Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ott-mmusic-cap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 07:42:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Capability description for group cooperation
	Author(s)	: J. Ott,  D. Kutscher, C. Bormann
	Filename	: draft-ott-mmusic-cap-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 01-Jul-99
	
This document presents a notation for describing potential and
specific configurations of end systems in multiparty collaboration
sessions. The objective is to define a configuration description
framework that can be used to define end system capabilities, to
calculate a set of appropriate common capabilities based on the
descriptions of all (end) systems and to express a selected media
description for use in session descriptions. One application for this
framework would be multiparty multimedia conferencing, an application
area where multiple tools have to be configured on conference startup
(and/or during the conference) concerning media encoding types and
other parameters. Other applications are IP Telephony and media
gateway control.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ott-mmusic-cap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ott-mmusic-cap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ott-mmusic-cap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.