Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 07:36:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile IP Network Address Identifier Extension
	Author(s)	: P. Calhoun, C. Perkins 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-03.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 01-Jul-99
	
AAA servers, such as RADIUS and DIAMETER, are in use within the
Internet today to provide authentication and authorization services
for dial-up computers.  Such services are likely to be equally
valuable for mobile nodes using Mobile IP when the nodes are
attempting to connect to foreign domains with AAA servers.  AAA
servers today identify clients by using the Network Access Identifier
(NAI). Our proposal defines a way for the mobile node to identify
itself, by including the NAI along with the Mobile IP Registration
Request.  This draft also updates RFC2290 which specifies the
Mobile-IPv4 Configuration option for IPCP, by allowing the Mobile
Node's Home Address field of this option to be zero.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.