Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-horlait-clep-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 07:04:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CLEP (Controlled Load Ethernet Protocol): Bandwidth 
                          Management and Reservation Protocol for Shared Media
	Author(s)	: E. Horlait, M. Bouyer
	Filename	: draft-horlait-clep-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 23-Jul-99
	
There are various aspects in Quality of Service management. In this 
draft, we address the problem of bandwidth allocation and 
reservation over shared media (e.g. an Ethernet network). In order 
to do so, we define a protocol (CLEP: Controlled Load Ethernet 
Protocol) in charge of the management, allocation and fair sharing 
of the available bandwidth among users of the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-horlait-clep-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-horlait-clep-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-horlait-clep-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.