Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bergkvist-boomerang-spec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 07:52:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Boomerang Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: J. Bergkvist, I. Cselenyi
	Filename	: draft-bergkvist-boomerang-spec-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 30-Jun-99
	
This draft specifies the Boomerang resource reservation protocol which
provides Diff-Serv compliant quantitative IP QoS service at application
time-scale [BOOMER]. Boomerang can be used for specifying and reserving
network resources for a bi-directional traffic stream between two
Internet nodes, independently from the path. Traffic stream can be
specified as a single microflow or flow aggregate (e.g. DS behavior
aggregate or flows between subnets). Moreover, Boomerang nodes can
merge the resource demand of several traffic streams enabling subsequent
Boomerang nodes to reserve only for the aggregate. Reservation setup is
made by a single message loop (PING) and established soft reservation-
states are refreshed by periodically repeated Boomerangs. Data packets
of the specified traffic stream shall be conditioned in Boomerang nodes
according to the QoS Specification of the reservation message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bergkvist-boomerang-spec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bergkvist-boomerang-spec-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bergkvist-boomerang-spec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.