Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-jumbograms-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 07:47:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Jumbograms
	Author(s)	: D. Borman, S. Deering, B. Hinden
 	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-jumbograms-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 30-Jun-99
	
A 'jumbogram' is an IPv6 packet containing a payload longer than
65,535 octets.  This document describes the IPv6 Jumbo Payload
option, which provides the means of specifying such large payload
lengths.  It also describes the changes needed to TCP and UDP to make
use of jumbograms.
 
Jumbograms are relevant only to IPv6 nodes that may be attached to
links with a link MTU greater than 65,575 octets, and need not be
implemented or understood by IPv6 nodes that do not support
attachment to links with such large MTUs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-jumbograms-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-jumbograms-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-jumbograms-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.