Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lin-diffserv-gtc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 06:58:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Generic Traffic Conditioner
	Author(s)	: L. Lin, J. Lo, F. Ou
	Filename	: draft-lin-diffserv-gtc-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 19-Aug-99
	
This document defines a Generic Traffic Conditioner (GTC) for
Diffserv-capable nodes [RFC2475, RFC2474]. The GTC employs a token
bucket to meter the traffic stream, and a shaping buffer to store
out-of-profile packets of a behavior aggregate in order to enforce
conformance to the traffic profile.  The GTC employs a policer to
decide whether to shape, drop, or re-mark the out-of-profile packets.
The GTC marks each outgoing packet with a Diffserv codepoint (DSCP)
according to the traffic conditioning result in accordance with the
Traffic Conditioning Specification. By enabling the components and
configuring them with associated traffic parameters, the GTC can be
used to condition the traffics for EF PHB [Jacobson], AF PHBs
[Heinanen], as well as Class Selector PHBs [RFC 2474].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lin-diffserv-gtc-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lin-diffserv-gtc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lin-diffserv-gtc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.