Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-mac-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 06:56:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Remote Network Monitoring Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Remote Network Monitoring MIB Protocol Identifier 
                          Macros
	Author(s)	: A. Bierman, C. Bucci, R. Iddon
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-mac-02.txt
	Pages		: 96
	Date		: 26-Aug-99
	
This memo contains various protocol identifier examples, which can be
used to produce valid protocolDirTable INDEX encodings, as defined by
the Remote Network Monitoring MIB Version 2 [RFC2021] and the RMON
Protocol Identifier Reference [RMONPROT_REF].
This document contains protocol identifier macros for well-known
protocols.  A conformant implementation of the RMON-2 MIB [RFC2021] can
be accomplished without the use of these protocol identifiers, and
accordingly, this document does not specify any IETF standard.  It is
published to encourage better interoperability between RMON-2 agent
implementations, by providing a great deal of RMON related protocol
information in one document.
The first version of the RMON Protocol Identifiers Document [RFC2074]
has been split into a standards-track Reference portion [RMONPROT_REF],
and an 'RMON Protocol Identifier Macros' document (this document) which
contains the non-normative portion of that specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-mac-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-mac-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-mac-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.