Subject: RFC 2642 on Cabletron's VLS Protocol Specification

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 12:55:04 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2642:

        Title:	    Cabletron's VLS Protocol Specification
        Author(s):  L. Kane
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       August 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      95
        Characters: 204347
	Updates:    
        I-D Tag:    draft-rfced-info-cabletron-vls-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2642.txt

The Virtual LAN Link State Protocol (VLSP) is part of the InterSwitch
Message Protocol (ISMP) which provides interswitch communication
between switches running Cabletron's SecureFast VLAN (SFVLAN)
product.  VLSP is used to determine and maintain a fully connected
mesh topology graph of the switch fabric.  Each switch maintains an
identical database describing the topology. Call-originating switches
use the topology database to determine the path over which to route a
call connection.
 
VLSP provides support for equal-cost multipath routing, and
recalculates routes quickly in the face of topological changes,
utilizing a minimum of routing protocol traffic.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.