Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-ecdh-spkm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 07:04:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman in the SPKM 
                          GSS-API
	Author(s)	: R. Zuccherato, C. Adams 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-ecdh-spkm-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 30-Aug-99
	
Elliptic curve cryptography is rapidly gaining acceptance and is being 
increasingly used in applications that are constrained in memory and 
bandwidth.  Efforts are underway to standardize the use of elliptic 
curves for authentication [ECDSA], [X962] and key agreement [ISO15946], 
[P1363], [X963].  However, none of these efforts describe the Elliptic 
Curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) method in a form suitable for inclusion in 
SPKM [RFC2025].  This document will define a new OID and 
AlgorithmIdentifier which is suitable for use in SPKM and describe how 
the ECDH algorithm is to be used in SPKM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-ecdh-spkm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-ecdh-spkm-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-ecdh-spkm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.