Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shirey-security-glossary-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 08:42:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SECURITY GLOSSARY
	Author(s)	: R. Shirey
	Filename	: draft-shirey-security-glossary-00.txt
	Pages		: 173
	Date		: 05-Aug-99
	
This Glossary contains abbreviations, definitions, and explanations
for security-related terms. We propose that the Security Area
Directorate and the Security Area Advisory Group of the Internet
Engineering Task Force should review, approve, and issue this
Glossary as a consistent, self-supporting set of terminology to
improve the comprehensibility of Internet Standards Process
documents. To be clear and understandable, those documents should use
the same term or definition whenever and wherever the same concept is
mentioned. To improve international understanding, the documents
should use terms in the plainest, dictionary sense. The documents
should use terms established in standards documents and other well-
founded publications and should avoid substituting private or newly
made-up terms. The documents should avoid terms that are proprietary
or otherwise favor a particular vendor, or that create a bias toward
a particular security technology or mechanism over other, competing
techniques that already exist or might be developed in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shirey-security-glossary-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shirey-security-glossary-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shirey-security-glossary-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.