Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-idea-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 06:56:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Incorporation of IDEA Encryption Algorithm in S/MIME
	Author(s)	: S. Teiwes, P. Hartmann, D. Kuenzi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-idea-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 26-Aug-99
	
S/MIME (Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) [SMIME2, 
SMIME3] is a specification for secure sending and receiving of MIME
[MIME] data. Based on the Internet MIME standard, S/MIME provides 
cryptographic services for authentication, message integrity and 
non-repudiation of origin by using digital signatures. It also 
supports privacy and data security by using encryption. The S/MIME
framework can be flexibly extended to meet future requirements. 
However, its extentability can also be used to introduce specific
add-on functionality which might be desired in messaging applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-idea-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-smime-idea-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-idea-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.