Subject: FYI 4, RFC 2664 on FYI Q/A - for New Internet Users

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:05:26 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        FYI: 4
        RFC 2664:

        Title:	    FYI on Questions and Answers
                    Answers to Commonly Asked "New Internet User"
                    Questions
        Author(s):  R. Plzak, A. Wells, E. Krol
        Status:     For Your Information
	Date:       August 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23640
	Updates:    
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-bis-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2664.txt

This memo provides an overview to the new Internet User.  The
intended audience is the common Internet user of today, thus it
attempts to provide a more consumer oriented approach to the Internet
rather than going into any depth about a topic.  Unlike its
predecessors, this edition seeks to answer the general questions that
an unsophisticated consumer would ask as opposed to the more pointed
questions of a more technically sophisticated Internet user.

This document is a product of the User Services Working Group of the
IETF. 

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.