Subject: RFC 2676 on QoS Routing Mechanisms and OSPF Extensions

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:33:11 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2676: 

        Title:	    QoS Routing Mechanisms and OSPF Extensions
        Author(s):  G. Apostolopoulos, S. Kama, D. Williams,
                    R. Guerin, A. Orda, T. Przygienda
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       August 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 124563
	Updates:    
        I-D Tag:    draft-guerin-qos-routing-ospf-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2676.txt

This memo describes extensions to the OSPF [Moy98] protocol to
support QoS routes.  The focus of this document is on the algorithms
used to compute QoS routes and on the necessary modifications to OSPF
to support this function, e.g., the information needed, its format,
how it is distributed, and how it is used by the QoS path selection
process.  Aspects related to how QoS routes are established and
managed are also briefly discussed.  The goal of this document is
to identify a framework and possible approaches to allow deployment
of QoS routing capabilities with the minimum possible impact to the
existing routing infrastructure.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.