Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-terrell-math-ipaddr-ipv4-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 07:02:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Mathematical Reality of IP Addressing in IPv4 
                          Questions the need for Another IP System of Addressing
	Author(s)	: E. Terrell
	Filename	: draft-terrell-math-ipaddr-ipv4-01.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 27-Aug-99
	
This paper was necessitated by an overwhelming desire; an attempt to 
end the apparent disparity in the dissemination of information absent 
of the logical and thoroughness in rendering an explanation of the IP 
Addressing Scheme. To render a more pointed fact, I needed to pass a 
CISCO Certification Examination. However, this can never be 
accomplished, if the information that is needed and used in the 
preparation thereof, lacks continuity and propagates errors pertaining 
to foundational information. Needless to say, my endeavors were not in 
vein. That is,as a direct result of this undertaking, I corrected  the 
underlining errors, derived a possible alternative approach to the 
IPv4 Addressing Scheme, and expanded its Class system ( that is no 
longer in use ). In other words, I was indeed successful in the 
elimination of the problems associated with IP Address Flooding 
inherent in IPv4 and the complexities of IPv6. In short, small 
business and single family dwellings can now have the option of 
having their own private IP Addressing Scheme, without the disparity 
resulting from the steep learning curve presented in IPv6. While the 
Internet Community at large, will not suffer a shortage of the 
availability IP Addresses for assigned distribution. Especially since, 
while the number available IP Addresses do not exceed the amount 
reported to be provided, if IPv6 is implemented. It does indeed, 
provide enough IP Addresses to cover their continued issuance for at 
least another 100 years or so. Which is dependent upon the adoption 
of an adequate scheme for its allocation and distribution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-terrell-math-ipaddr-ipv4-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-terrell-math-ipaddr-ipv4-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-terrell-math-ipaddr-ipv4-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.