Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-issll-dclass-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 07:09:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services over Specific Link Layers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Usage and Format of the DCLASS Object With RSVP 
                          Signaling
	Author(s)	: Y. Bernet
	Filename	: draft-ietf-issll-dclass-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 03-Aug-99
	
RSVP signaling may be used to enhance the manageability of
application traffic's QoS in a differentiated service (diff-serv)
network [intdiff]. In this model, certain network elements within or
at the edges of the diff-serv network may use RSVP messages to
effect admission control or to apply QoS policy. One mechanism by
which network elements may apply QoS policy is by causing a DCLASS
object to be returned to a sending host in an RSVP RESV message. The
DCLASS object indicates one or more diff-serv codepoints (DSCPs)
that the sender should include when submitting packets on the
admitted flow, to the diff-serv network. This draft describes the
usage and format of the DCLASS object.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-dclass-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-issll-dclass-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-dclass-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.