Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nat-rsip-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 07:06:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Address Translators Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Realm Specific IP: Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: M. Borella, D. Grabelsky, J. Lo, K. Tuniguchi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nat-rsip-protocol-02.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 30-Aug-99
	
This draft presents a protocol that enables an alternative to network
address translation (NAT).  Realm-Specific IP (RSIP) defines an
architecture in which an RSIP server is a multi-homed host connecting
two routing realms.  An RSIP client in the first routing realm may be
assigned a plurality of routing parameters from the second routing
realm.  The RSIP client will be allowed to create packets using these
parameters, and tunnel them across the first routing realm.  For
example, more than one host from a private address space using RSIP
may share one or more public address.  Unlike NAT, RSIP does not
break the end-to-end integrity of protocols.  We present a general,
extensible negotiation protocol to be operated between RSIP clients
and servers which facilitates the assignment of parameters and
resources from the server to the client.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-rsip-protocol-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nat-rsip-protocol-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-rsip-protocol-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.