Subject: RFC 2649 on LDAP Control and Schema

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:25:24 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2649:

        Title:	    An LDAP Control and Schema for Holding 
                    Operation Signatures
        Author(s):  B. Greenblatt, P. Richard
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       August 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20470
	Updates:    
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ldapext-sigops-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2649.txt

This document describes an LDAP message control which allows for the
retrieval of digitally signed information. This document defines an
LDAP v3 based mechanism for signing directory operations in order to
create a secure journal of changes that have been made to each
directory entry.  Both client and server based signatures are
supported.  An object class for subsequent retrieval are "journal
entries" is also defined.  This document specifies LDAP v3 controls
that enable this functionality.  It also defines an LDAP v3 schema
that allows for subsequent browsing of the journal information.

This document is a product of the LDAP Extension Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.