Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 07:01:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Realtime Traffic Flow Measurement Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTFM: New Attributes for Traffic Flow Measurement
	Author(s)	: S. Handelman, N. Brownlee,  G. Ruth, S. Stibler
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-09.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 23-Aug-99
	
The RTFM Traffic Measurement Architecture provides a general framework
for describing and measuring network traffic flows.  Flows are defined
in terms of their Address Attribute values and measured by a 'Traffic
Meter.'  This document discusses RTFM flows and the attributes which
they can have, so as to provide a logical framework for extending the
architecture by adding new attributes.
Extensions described include Address Attributes such as DSCodePoint,
SourceASN and DestASN, and Group Attributes such as short-term bit rates
and turnaround times.  Quality of Service parameters for Integrated
Services are also discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.