Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stjohns-snmpv3-dhkeychange-mib-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 07:15:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Diffie-Helman USM Key Management Information Base 
                          and Textual Convention
       	Author(s)	: M. StJohns
	Filename	: draft-stjohns-snmpv3-dhkeychange-mib-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 09-Aug-99
	
This memo defines an experimental portion of the Management Information
Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
community.  In particular, it defines a textual convention for doing
Diffie-Helman key agreement key exchanges and a set of objects which
extend the usmUserTable to permit the use of a DH key exchange in
addition to the key change method described in [12]. In otherwords, this
MIB adds the possibility of forward secrecy to the USM model.  It also
defines a set of objects that can be used to kick start security on an
SNMPv3 agent when the out of band path is authenticated, but not
necessarily private or confidential.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stjohns-snmpv3-dhkeychange-mib-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stjohns-snmpv3-dhkeychange-mib-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stjohns-snmpv3-dhkeychange-mib-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.