Subject: RFC 2641 on Cabletron's VlanHello Protocol Specification

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 12:50:58 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

      RFC 2641:

        Title:	    Cabletron's VlanHello Protocol Specification Version 4
        Author(s):  D. Hamilton, D. Ruffen
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       August 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 34686
	Updates:    
        I-D Tag:    draft-rfced-info-cabletron-hello-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2641.txt

The VlanHello protocol is part of the InterSwitch Message Protocol 
(ISMP) which provides interswitch communication between switches 
running Cabletron's SecureFast VLAN (SFVLAN) product.  Switches use 
the VlanHello protocol to discover their neighboring switches and 
establish the topology of the switch fabric.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.