Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-fec-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:05:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An RTP Payload Format for Generic Forward Error 
                          Correction
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-fec-08.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 17-Aug-99
	
This document specifies a payload format for generic forward error
correction of media encapsulated in RTP. It is engineered for FEC
algorithms based on the exclusive-or (parity) operation. The payload
format allows end systems to transmit using arbitrary block lengths
and parity schemes. It also allows for the recovery of both the
payload and critical RTP header fields. Since FEC is sent as a
separate stream, it is backwards compatible with non-FEC capable
hosts, so that receivers which do not wish to implement FEC can just
ignore the extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-fec-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-fec-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-fec-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.