Subject: Last Call: Uniform Resource Identifiers for Television Broadcasts to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:07:03 -0400

The IESG has received a request to consider Uniform Resource
Identifiers for Television Broadcasts <draft-zigmond-tv-url-02.txt> as
an Informational RFC.  This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not
the product of an IETF Working Group.

This Last Call has been requested by the Applications Area to determine
whether there is community support for publishing this specification
for a tv: URL.   The AD requesting this Last Call believes that because
the "tv" URL prefix has high recognition value, it is important that it
be carefully defined in a way which is not only consistent with URI
syntax, but which also allows for maximum flexibility of use by the
wide variety of applications which will wish to refer to television
programming.

Absent significant affirmative support for this specification, as
demonstrated by responses to this Last Call request, the AD who
requested this Last Call will recommend that the document not be
published due to lack of public support.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the 
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by September 13, 1999.

Please CC responses to this Last Call to [email-masked]
so that they can be easily collected for perusal by the IESG.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zigmond-tv-url-02.txt