Subject: Protocol Action: Routing Policy System Security to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:23:48 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Routing Policy System
Security' <draft-ietf-rps-auth-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Routing Policy System Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bushl.

Technical Summary
 
 This document describes an authentication and authorization model to
 ensure the integrety of the data in a routing registry.  Authentication
 and authorization of additions, deletions, and changes to the database
 are described.  Authentication or authorization of queries are not
 handled.  Authentication of the origin of the query or the repository
 from which query results are fetched is not considered.

Working Group Summary

 There was no dissent within the working group.

Protocol Quality

 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush.  It is complex,
 but needs to be seen in the marketplace.