Subject: Protocol Action: The Transmission of IP Over the Vertical Blanking Interval of a Television Signal to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:37:57 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'The Transmission of IP Over
the Vertical Blanking Interval of a Television Signal'
<draft-ietf-ipvbi-nabts-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This document
is the product of the IP over VBI Working Group.  The IESG contact
persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
This document describes a method for broadcasting IP data using the
vertical blanking interval of television signals.  It includes a
description for compressing IP headers on unidirectional networks, a
framing protocol identical to SLIP, a forward error correction scheme,
and the NABTS byte structures.

Working Group Summary

There was WG consensus for this document and no issues were raised
during the Last Call.

Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten and Erik
Nordmark.