Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hanson-nnmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 07:00:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NNMP: Net News Metadata Protocol
	Author(s)	: C. Hanson
	Filename	: draft-hanson-nnmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 15-Sep-99
	
We attempt to design an extensible parallel distributed client-server 
customizable profiles-based ratings system with as many buzzwords as 
possible. Additionally the system should be capable of amassing, 
tracking and indexing other Netnews 'metadata' -- any data about 
netnews article other than the articles themselves. By this method, we 
seek to win the Nobel Peace Prize in Communications by making the 
worlds largest and most democratic discussion forum useful again.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hanson-nnmp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hanson-nnmp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hanson-nnmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.