Subject: 1999 IESG/IAB Nominations Committee Chair

From: Don Heath <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:17:04 -0400

I am pleased to report that Avri Doria of Nokia has agreed to serve as the
1999 IAB/IESG nominations chairperson. Avri can be reached at
[email-masked]

This is, as always, an ambitious undertaking and now it is your
responsibility to accept your own professional responsibilities to assist
in any way you can.

A Call for Nominations will soon be sent to the IETF Announcement list.
Persons who have attended at least 2 IETF meetings are eligible to
volunteer to serve on the nominations committee. The list of volunteers
will be verified as to qualification using the IETF Secretariat attendance
records. A nominations committee will be formed from a randomly selected
subset of the qualified volunteers. 

A list of IESG positions to be filled and IAB positions to be reconsidered
will be published shortly. Please give serious consideration to possible
candidates to fill these posts and make these suggestions known to Avri,
who will share them with the committee. 

Don Heath
President, Internet Society