Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ip1394-ipv4-17.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 07:00:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Over IEEE 1394 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv4 over IEEE 1394
	Author(s)	: P. Johansson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ip1394-ipv4-17.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 07-Sep-99
	
This document specifies how to use IEEE Std 1394-1995, Standard for a
High Performance Serial Bus (and its supplements), for the transport of
Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) datagrams; it defines the necessary
methods, data structures and codes for that purpose. These include not
only packet formats and encapsulation methods for datagrams, but also an
address resolution protocol (1394 ARP) and a multicast channel
allocation protocol (MCAP). Both 1394 ARP and MCAP are specific to
Serial Bus; the latter permits management of Serial Bus resources when
used by IP multicast groups.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ip1394-ipv4-17.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ip1394-ipv4-17.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ip1394-ipv4-17.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.