Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tls-https-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 06:54:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: HTTP Over TLS
	Author(s)	: E. Rescorla
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tls-https-03.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 09-Sep-99
	
This memo describes how to use TLS to secure HTTP connections over
the Internet. Current practice is to layer HTTP over SSL (the prede-
cessor to TLS), distinguishing secured traffic from insecure traffic
by the use of a different server port. This document documents that
practice using TLS. A companion document describes a method for using
HTTP/TLS over the same port as normal HTTP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-https-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tls-https-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-https-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.