Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-properties-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:29:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Proposed Extensions to WebDAV Properties
	Author(s)	: J. Amsden
	Filename	: draft-ietf-webdav-properties-extension-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 13-Sep-99
	
The WebDAV protocol defines facilities for adding properties to Web 
resources. These properties consist of name/value pairs interchanged 
using XML. The protocol includes the PROPFIND method for accessing 
properties, and the PROPPATCH method for updating and removing 
properties. Experience building both WebDAV clients and a WebDAV 
server indicates the need for three minor extensions to the current 
properties protocol: 1) allow PROPPATCH to create and initialize the 
properties of a resource that did not exist, 2) distinguish between 
adding a new property, and setting the value of an existing property 
of a resource, and 3) give client applications more control in 
specifying how PROPPATCH errors should be handled.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-properties-extension-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-webdav-properties-extension-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-properties-extension-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.