Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-policy-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:30:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Policy Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for a Policy Management System
	Author(s)	: H. Mahon
	Filename	: draft-ietf-policy-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 63
	Date		: 13-Sep-99
	
This document describes policy based management, what should hap-
pen in a policy management  system,  current  definitions,  addi-
tional  areas for definition, and why a new kind of management is
required.  In addition examples of policies as they are  expected
to  be  used are provided in a Usage Cases section.  The goal for
this document is to provide a set  of  requirements  for  further
development  of  standards  for policy management systems.  There
has already been work in the area of policy  management  and  the
work  to  date  is  described  as  well as additional areas to be
defined.
For readers in a hurry the Introduction section  on  Usage  Cases
(section  5)  will  provide a great deal of information.  Readers
interested in more detail about various aspects of Policy Manage-
ment should read from the beginning of the document.
This  document  is  the  result of discussions, e-mail, and other
communications within the  Policy  Framework  Working  Group  and
among individuals.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-policy-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-req-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.