Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-farinacci-multicast-label-part-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 07:03:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Partitioning Label Space among Multicast Routers on a 
                          Common Subnet
	Author(s)	: D. Farinacci, Y. Rekhter
	Filename	: draft-farinacci-multicast-label-part-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 31-Aug-99
	
There are 3 major functions that must be performed to achieve
multicast Label Switching. 1) Label Allocation, which requires each
multicast Label Switching Router (LSR) to have a label value range
that it uses. 2) Label Binding, using the labels allocated, a LSR
must assign them to multicast routes. 3) Label Binding Distribution,
after binding label values to routes, they must be distributed to
other LSRs so they all forward on a common and consistent
distribution tree.
In this document we present how labels are allocated uniquely across multicast capable LSRs on a LAN and point-to-point IP subnets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farinacci-multicast-label-part-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-farinacci-multicast-label-part-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-farinacci-multicast-label-part-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.