Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-many-ical-ski-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:06:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SKiCal - an adaptation of iCalendar for describing  
                          public events
	Author(s)	: G. FitzPatrick, N. Hjelm, P. Lannero
	Filename	: draft-many-ical-ski-00.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 13-Sep-99
	
This Memo defines the SKiCal format.
SKiCal is a machine readable format for describing public events and
other phenomena in time and space. SKiCal is based on and extends
the iCalendar format as defined by RFC-2445, Internet Calendaring
and Scheduling Core Object Specification (iCalendar) [3]. SKiCal
objects are basically iCalendar objects containing VEVENT components
with the additions of experimental properties, constructed according
to the specification in RFC-2445 section 4.8.8.1.
SKiCal is an attempt to adapt iCalendar to the common needs of many
organizers of public events (e.g. culture, sports, tourist
attractions), and potential attendees of those events. The format
has been developed through the combined effort of several Swedish
national agencies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-many-ical-ski-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-many-ical-ski-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-many-ical-ski-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.