Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kristensen-sip-servlet-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:02:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The SIP Servlet API
	Author(s)	: A. Kristensen, A. Byttner
	Filename	: draft-kristensen-sip-servlet-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 14-Sep-99
	
This document proposes a Java extension API for SIP servers. It
allows SIP server functionality to be extended by associating
incoming requests and responses with SIP servlets - Java programs
which control the processing of SIP messages. The API is similar in
spirit to the servlet API used with Web servers.
Basing a SIP server extension mechanism on the notion of Java
servlets has a number of advantages, e.g. the ability to remain
stateful, low overhead, a typed API, a number of built-in security
mechanisms, as well as convenient access to a wide range of APIs,
e.g. directory services, databases, and the Java Media Framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kristensen-sip-servlet-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kristensen-sip-servlet-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kristensen-sip-servlet-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.