Subject: RFC 2683 on IMAP4 Implementation Recommendations

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 11:12:28 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2683:

        Title:	    IMAP4 Implementation Recommendations
        Author(s):  B. Leiba
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       September 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 56300
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-leiba-imap-implement-guide-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2683.txt

The IMAP4 specification [RFC-2060] describes a rich protocol for use
in building clients and servers for storage, retrieval, and
manipulation of electronic mail.  Because the protocol is so rich and
has so many implementation choices, there are often trade-offs that
must be made and issues that must be considered when designing such
clients and servers.  This document attempts to outline these issues
and to make recommendations in order to make the end products as
interoperable as possible.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.