Subject: Call for nominees for ICANN Board

From: Brian Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:57:08 -0400

IETF,

The Protocol Council of the ICANN Protocol Supporting Organization will 
shortly be called upon to elect three members to the Board of ICANN, 
for one, two and three year terms respectively, in accordance with 
the by-laws of ICANN and the PSO MOU. As a member of the PSO, the
IETF is entitled to nominate candidates for these positions.
As the IETF does not yet have a definitive procedure in place for this,
the IAB will act as a nominating committee, as part of its
chartered role of managing external liaisons for the IETF. 

This is a call for nominations from the IETF at large for these
three positions. Nominations (including self-nominations) should
be sent to [email-masked] by Friday September 24. If possible, please
indicate whether the nominee would be willing to serve for one, two 
or three years if appointed.

The IAB intends to finalize the nominations as quickly as possible 
after September 24, after which the PSO Council will appoint its three
ICANN Board members from the pool of nominees submitted by all PSO
members.

Note that the responsibilities of ICANN Board Members are described
at http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm

   Brian Carpenter
   IAB Chair