Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-aft-socks-maf-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:06:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authenticated Firewall Traversal Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Multi-Authentication Framework Method for SOCKS V5
	Author(s)	: J. Michener, D. Fritch, M. Gayman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-aft-socks-maf-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 14-Sep-99
	
SOCKS V5 [RFC 1928] provides a means to select one from among a number 
of authentication methods but does not provide any means for utilizing 
multiple authentication methods to obtain certain desired authentication 
properties.
MAF is a client-initiated but server-managed framework.  MAF relies on a 
trusted Authentication Management Server (AMS) to: 1) Select the 
authentication methods to be invoked, 2) order the execution of methods 
at the client, as appropriate, and 3) assign integrity grades to the 
final, composite authentication after all methods that were invoked have 
completed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aft-socks-maf-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-aft-socks-maf-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aft-socks-maf-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.