Subject: WG Review: Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg)

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:15:22 -0400

A new IETF working group has been proposed in the Transport Area.
The IESG has not made any determination as yet. 

The following Description was submitted, and is provided for
informational purposes only:

Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg)
------------------------------------
 
 Current Status: Proposed Working Group
 
Description of Working Group:
 
The Transport area receives occasional proposals for the development and
publication of RFCs dealing with Transport topics, but for which the 
required work does not rise to the level where a new working group is 
justified, yet the topic does not fit with an existing working group, 
and a single BOF would not provide the time to ensure a mature proposal. 
The tsvwg will serve as the forum for developing these types of 
proposals.

The tsvwg mailing list will be used to discuss the proposals as they 
arise. The working group will meet if there are one or more active 
proposals that require discussion.

The working group milestones will be updated as needed to reflect the
proposals currently being worked on and the target dates for their
completion.  New milestones will be first reviewed by the IESG.  The
working group will be on-going as long as the ADs believe it serves a
useful purpose.