Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:23:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Interfaces MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Interfaces Group MIB
	Author(s)	: K. McCloghrie, F. Kastenholz
 	Filename	: draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-01.txt
	Pages		: 81
	Date		: 22-Oct-99
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base
(MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
community.  In particular, it describes managed objects used for
managing Network Interfaces.  This memo discusses the 'interfaces'
group of MIB-II [17], especially the experience gained from the
definition of numerous media-specific MIB modules for use in
conjunction with the 'interfaces' group for managing various sub-
layers beneath the internetwork-layer.  It specifies
clarifications to, and extensions of, the architectural issues
within the MIB-II model of the 'interfaces' group.  This memo
obsoletes RFCs 1573 and 2233, the previous versions of the
Interfaces Group MIB.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.