Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tsarmpopoulos-sms-address-mail-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:53:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SMS address format in Internet Mail
	Author(s)	: N. Tsarmpopoulos
	Filename	: draft-tsarmpopoulos-sms-address-mail-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 20-Oct-99
	
The Short Messaging System (SMS) is widely used by GSM mobile phones
for the transmission of text messages. This memo specifies the
general syntax for email addresses of terminal equipment with SMS
capabilities.
The purpose of the memo is to facilitate the transmission of SMS
messages using a familiar e-mail client application.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsarmpopoulos-sms-address-mail-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tsarmpopoulos-sms-address-mail-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tsarmpopoulos-sms-address-mail-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.