Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-malloc-masc-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:10:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast-Address Allocation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Multicast Address Set Claim (MASC) Protocol
	Author(s)	: D. Estrin, R. Govindan, M. Handley, S. Kumar,
                          P. Radoslavov, D. Thaler
	Filename	: draft-ietf-malloc-masc-04.txt
	Pages		: 60
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
This document describes the Multicast Address-Set Claim (MASC)
protocol which can be used for inter-domain multicast address set
allocation.  MASC is used by a node (typically a router) to claim and
allocate one or more address prefixes to that node's domain.  While a
domain does not necessarily need to allocate an address set for hosts
in that domain to be able to allocate group addresses, allocating an
address set to the domain does ensure that inter-domain distribution
trees will be locally-rooted, and that traffic will be sent outside
the domain only when and where external receivers exist.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-malloc-masc-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-malloc-masc-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-malloc-masc-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.