Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nadas-diffserv-experience-01.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 06:53:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IBM Diffserv Implementation Experiments
	Author(s)	: Y. Araya, B. Beggs, L. Li, S. Nadas,
                          G. Sampathkumar, G. Shah, V. Peris
	Filename	: draft-nadas-diffserv-experience-01.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 12-Oct-99
	
This informational memo contains a description of some
measurements from early DiffServ (DS) experiments that used a
preliminary version of IBM's DiffServ implementation on an IBM
router over an egress T1/E1 PPP interface. The service level
specification (SLS) may be configured on the router or optionally
controlled by an LDAP-accessible policy repository. The
measurements were intended to examine the behavior of a mixture
of Expedited Forwarding (EF) traffic, Assured Forwarding (AF)
traffic and Best Effort (BE) traffic on a congested E1 link.  The
router code includes an LDAP client that communicates with a
policy server to obtain the policies that control the amount of
resources configured for the DiffServ classes.
The diagrams referred to in this memo are available in the
postscript version of this memo.
Changes from -00 version
Added the details of the buffering setup, a discussion of an
anomaly in the AF delay results, added an additional measurement
point related to this anomaly,  updated author list, added
acknowledgements, and miscellaneous editorial comments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nadas-diffserv-experience-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nadas-diffserv-experience-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nadas-diffserv-experience-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.