Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-westberg-loadcntr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:28:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Load control of real-time traffic
	Author(s)	: L. Westberg, Z. Turanyi 
	Filename	: draft-westberg-loadcntr-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 25-Oct-99
	
The purpose of this memo is to present a new resource allocation
scheme for diffserv networks, called Load Control. Load Control uses
two-bit markers in packet headers to carry load information from core
routers to edge devices. The scheme provides the capability to
control the traffic load in the network without requiring signalling
or any per-flow processing in the core routers. The complexity of
Load Control is kept to a minimum to enable simple implementation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-loadcntr-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-westberg-loadcntr-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-westberg-loadcntr-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.