Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-not-over-snmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:58:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Notifications over    
                          SNMP
	Author(s)	: T. Hastings, I. McDonald
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-not-over-snmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 21-Oct-99
	
This document is a submission to the Internet Printing Protocol
Working Group of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
Comments should be submitted to the [email-masked] mailing list.  
This document proposes a mapping of IPP notifications over SNMP,
using new Printer Event and Job Event traps (to be added to the PWG
Job Monitoring MIB [PWG-JOB]).  This mapping may be used to deliver
printer notifications for any printer (not just IPP-capable ones) and
also job notifications for any job (not just ones submitted via IPP).
This document proposes:  (2) SNMP traps; (1) SNMP textual convention;
and (4) SNMP leaf objects (for use in trap bindings).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-over-snmp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-not-over-snmp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-over-snmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.