Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fedyk-mpls-te-metrics-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:23:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Metrics and Resource Classes for Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: D. Fedyk
	Filename	: draft-fedyk-mpls-te-metrics-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 22-Oct-99
	
There has recently been a lot of activity in defining the components
for MPLS-based traffic engineering.  This includes the recent
extensions of the Interior Gateway Protocols (IGPs) to carry metrics
and resource class information about links.  This memo explores
additional metrics that are useful for traffic engineering.  We also
describe some of the subtleties associated with the use of the
resource class (or color) vector that has been defined in the IGP
extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fedyk-mpls-te-metrics-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fedyk-mpls-te-metrics-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fedyk-mpls-te-metrics-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.