Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-singer-rtp-qtfile-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:29:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Support for RTP in a stored QuickTime Movie File
	Author(s)	: D. Singer
	Filename	: draft-singer-rtp-qtfile-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
This document proposes structures within a QuickTime movie file which
permit easy transmission of the media content over RTP.  This
specification is intended to assist those who wish to stream stored
movies over RTP, those wishing to prepare movies for streaming, and
for those who might wish to record into QuickTime while preserving
RTP information. The bit-stream(s) of RTP packets are normally
compliant with the RTP payload definitions for their content, and
full inter-operability can be achieved. Each QuickTime media track
within a movie is sent over a separate RTP session and synchronized
using standard RTP techniques. This specification builds on the
published QuickTime file format specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singer-rtp-qtfile-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-singer-rtp-qtfile-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-singer-rtp-qtfile-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.