Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 06:56:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MPLS Support of Differentiated Services
	Author(s)	: F. Le Faucheur,  L. Wu, B. Davie,  S. Davari, 
                          P. Vaananen,  R. Krishnan, P. Cheval 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 11-Oct-99
	
This document defines a flexible solution for support of
Differentiated Services (Diff-Serv) over Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (MPLS) networks.
This solution allows the MPLS network administrator to flexibly
define how Diff-Serv Behavior Aggregates (BAs) are mapped onto Label
Switched Paths so that he/she can best match the Diff-Serv, Traffic
Engineering and Fast Restoration objectives within his/her
particular network. For instance, this solution allows the network
administrator to decide whether different sets of BAs are to be
mapped onto the same LSP or mapped onto separate LSPs.
This solution relies on combined use of two types of LSPs:
- LSPs where both the Behavior Aggregate's scheduling treatment
and its drop precedence are conveyed to the LSR in the EXP field of
the MPLS Shim Header.
- LSPs where the Behavior Aggregate's scheduling treatment is
inferred by the LSR from the packet's label value while the Behavior
Aggregate's drop precedence is indicated in the EXP field of the
MPLS Shim Header or in the encapsulating link layer specific
selective drop mechanism (ATM, Frame Relay, 802.1).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.