Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 06:53:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: WebDAV Redirect Reference Resources
	Author(s)	: J. Slein, E. Whitehead, J. Davis, G. Clemm, 
                          C. Fay, J. Crawford, T. Chaihaya 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-01.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 18-Oct-99
	
The WebDAV Distributed Authoring Protocol provides basic support for 
collections, offering the ability to create and list unordered 
collections.
This specification is one of a group of three specifications that 
supplement the WebDAV Distributed Authoring Protocol to increase the 
power of WebDAV collections. This specification defines redirect 
reference resources, one mechanism for allowing a single resource to 
appear in more than one collection.  A redirect reference resource is a 
resource in one collection that responds to most requests by redirecting 
the request (using an HTTP 1.1 302 Found response) to a different 
resource, possibly in a different collection.  'WebDAV Bindings'[B] 
defines bindings, another approach to allowing a single resource to be 
accessed from multiple collections.  'WebDAV Ordered Collections 
Protocol'[OC] provides ordered collections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.