Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nasreq-nasmodel-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 06:58:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Access Server Requirements Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Access Server Requirements Next Generation  
                          (NASREQNG)NAS Model
	Author(s)	: D. Mitton, M. Beadles
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nasreq-nasmodel-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 08-Oct-99
	
This document describes the terminology and gives a model of typical
Network Access Server (NAS).  The purpose of this effort is to set the
reference space for describing and evaluating NAS service protocols,
such as RADIUS (RFC 2138, 2139)[1],[2] and follow-on efforts like AAA
Working Group, and the Diameter protocol [3].  These are protocols for
carrying user service information for authentication, authorization,
accounting, and auditing, between a Network Access Server which desires
to authenticate its incoming calls and a shared authentication server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nasreq-nasmodel-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nasreq-nasmodel-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nasreq-nasmodel-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.