Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-leecy-multicast-provisioning-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:30:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Provisioning Resources for Multicast Traffic
			  in a Differentiated Services Network
	Author(s)	: C. Lee
	Filename	: draft-leecy-multicast-provisioning-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
This document proposes methods to provision resources for multicast
groups.  It proposes mechanisms that allow multicast delivery paths
to be constructed along paths that have been statically provisioned
for multicast traffic. In addition to static provisioning, it allows
resources to be provisioned dynamically to overcome the difficulties
in predicting and provisioning a priori, the amount of resources
required for dynamic multicast groups.

To prevent the problem of data being multicasted on a path which has
not been provisioned for the service level that data is being
transmitted :  i) when resources are dynamically provisioned they are
provisioned at the same time as the distribution path is setup,
otherwise ii) multicast delivery paths are only constructed on paths
already provisioned statically.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-leecy-multicast-provisioning-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-leecy-multicast-provisioning-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-leecy-multicast-provisioning-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.