Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:41:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Event Notification 
                          Specification
	Author(s)	: S. Isaacson,  J. Martin,  R. deBry,
                          T. Hastings,  M. Shepherd, R. Bergman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-01.txt
	Pages		: 56
	Date		: 25-Oct-99
	
This document describes an extension to the IPP/1.0 & IPP/1.1 model that
allows a client to subscribe to printing related events. Subscriptions
include 'Per-Job subscriptions' and 'Per-Printer subscriptions'.  One or
more Per-Job Submission subscriptions are specified by the client when
submitting a job.  Additional Per-Job and Per-Printer subscriptions are
created by performing separate explicit Create-Job-Subscription Create-
Printer-Subscription operations, respectively.  Subscriptions are
modeled as Subscription objects.  Four other operations are defined for
subscription objects:  get attributes, get subscriptions, renew a
subscription, and cancel a subscription.
A subscription request and the Subscription object includes:  the names
of Job and/or Printer events, the Notification Recipient URL, the text
format if Human Consumable notification is requested, possibly some
opaque data, and the charset and natural language.  In addition, the
subscription request includes:  the requested lease time and persistency
for the subscription.  When the event occurs, a notification is
generated and delivered using the information specified in the
subscription.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.