Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-johnston-sip-call-flows-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:58:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Telephony Call Flow Examples
	Author(s)	: A. Johnston, S. Donovan, R. Sparks, C. Cunningham,
                          K. Summers
	Filename	: draft-johnston-sip-call-flows-00.txt
	Pages		: 174
	Date		: 21-Oct-99
	
This document gives examples of SIP IP Telephony call flows.
Elements in these call flows include SIP User Agents and Clients, SIP
Proxy and Redirect Servers, and Gateways to the PSTN (Public Switch
Telephone Network).  Scenarios include SIP Registration, SIP to SIP
calling, SIP to Gateway, Gateway to SIP, and Gateway to Gateway via
SIP.  Call flow diagrams and message details are shown.  PSTN
telephony protocols are illustrated using SS7 (Signaling System 7),
ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) and FGB (Feature Group B)
circuit associated signaling.  PSTN calls are illustrated using
global telephone numbers from the PSTN and from private extensions
served on a PBX (Private Branch Exchange).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sip-call-flows-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-johnston-sip-call-flows-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sip-call-flows-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.