Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:34:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Set2 Operations
	Author(s)	: C. Kugler, T. Hastings, H. Lewis
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-00.txt
	Pages		: 50
	Date		: 26-Oct-99
	
This document specifies 14 additional OPTIONAL operations for use with
the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [RFC2565, RFC2566] and IPP/1.1
[ipp-mod, ipp-pro].  These operations are 7 Printer object operations
that operators/administrators may perform on a Printer object:
Set-Printer-Attributes
Enable-Printer
Disable-Printer
Reset-Printer
Restart-Printer
Non-Process-Run-Out
Shutdown-Printer
and 7 Job object operations that end-users may perform on their jobs and
operators/administrators may perform on any job, depending on
circumstances:
Set-Job-Attributes
Reprocess-Job
Cancel-Current-Job  (though the target is the Printer object)
Pause-Current-Job  (though the target is the Printer object)
Resume-Job
Promote-Job
Space-Current-Job  (though the target is the Printer object)
In addition, two operation attributes are defined:  'printer-message-
from-operator' and 'job-message-from-operator' are included to set the
corresponding Printer and Job Description attributes with the same
names.  And the 'when' operation attribute is added to the IPP/1.1
Pause-Printer operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.