Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-coverpage-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:32:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Indicating the Presence of a Coverpage in the 
                          Fax-over-SMTP Environment
	Author(s)	: M. Ruhl
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-coverpage-03.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 26-Oct-99
	
In traditional GSTN-based fax, a coverpage is often sent before the
actual document.  Some of the uses for a coverpage are:
o routing the document to the correct recipient
o identifying the sender
o providing comments to the recipient about the document
o page count
o transmission date
Current fax-over-SMTP aware applications do not have a standard way
to indicate that a coverpage has been included with a message, or that
there is a good possibilty that a coverpage is part of the message.
This memo provides a mechanism to indicate that a coverpage has been
included or has probably incluced in a message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-coverpage-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-coverpage-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-coverpage-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.