Subject: RFC 2715 on Interop Rules

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:49:02 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2715:

        Title:	    Interoperability Rules for Multicast Routing
                    Protocols
        Author(s):  D. Thaler
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       October 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 49638
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-thaler-multicast-interop-03

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2715.txt

The rules described in this document will allow efficient
interoperation among multiple independent multicast routing domains.
Specific instantiations of these rules are given for the DVMRP, MOSPF,
PIM-DM, PIM-SM, and CBT multicast routing protocols, as well as for 
IGMP-only links.  Future versions of these protocols, and any other 
multicast routing protocols, may describe their interoperability 
procedure by stating how the rules described herein apply to them.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Multicast Routing
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.