Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kempf-srvloc-notify-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 06:52:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Notification and Subscription for SLP
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, J. Goldschmidt
	Filename	: draft-kempf-srvloc-notify-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 14-Oct-99
	
The Service Location Protocol provides mechanisms whereby service
agent clients can advertise and user agent clients can query for
services.  The design is very much demand-driven, so that user agents
only obtain service information when they specifically ask for it.
There exists another class of user agent applications, however, that
requires notification when a new service appears or disappears and
update when the attributes of the service change.  In the RFC 2608
design, these applications are forced to poll the network to catch
changes.  In this document, we describe a protocol for allowing such
clients to be notified when a change occurs, removing the need for
polling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-srvloc-notify-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kempf-srvloc-notify-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kempf-srvloc-notify-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.