Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shirey-security-glossary-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:23:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Security  Glossary
	Author(s)	: R. Shirey
	Filename	: draft-shirey-security-glossary-01.txt
	Pages		: 191
	Date		: 22-Oct-99
	
This Glossary provides definitions, abbreviations, explanations, and
recommendations for use of information system security terminology.
The intent of the Glossary is to improve the comprehensibility of
Internet Standards Process [R2026] documents (ISPDs). To be clear and
understandable, ISPDs should use the same term or definition whenever
and wherever the same concept is mentioned. To improve international
understanding, ISPDs should use terms in their plainest, dictionary
sense. ISPDs should use terms established in standards documents and
other well-founded publications and should avoid substituting private
or newly made-up terms. ISPDs should avoid terms that are proprietary
or otherwise favor a particular vendor, or that create a bias toward
a particular security technology or mechanism versus other, competing
techniques that already exist or might be developed in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shirey-security-glossary-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shirey-security-glossary-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shirey-security-glossary-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.