Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-itsumo-hmmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:08:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Host Mobility Management Protocol Extending SIP to 
                          3G-IP Networks
	Author(s)	: F. Vakil, A. Dutta,  J. Chen, S. Baba, Y. Shobatake
	Filename	: draft-itsumo-hmmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
Host mobility management protocol (HMMP) is a protocol for supporting
real-time and non-real-time multimedia applications on mobile
terminals of 3G-IP networks. HMMP utilizes as well as extends session
initiation protocol (SIP) to provide means of domain hand-off (i.e.,
roaming), and subnet hand-off (i.e., macro mobility) so that users
can access the network from any location using their own mobile
terminal. An advantage of HMMP is that it can spoof constant
endpoints for mobile TCP connections and supports mobile TCP
applications in a SIP environment without any changes to the TCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-itsumo-hmmp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-itsumo-hmmp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-itsumo-hmmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.