Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-leecy-multicast-egress-limit-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:30:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Controlling the number of egress points in
			  dynamic multicast groups
	Author(s)	: C. Lee, N. Seddigh
	Filename	: draft-leecy-multicast-egress-limit-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
The amount of resources required by a source to send data to a
multicast group within a network is dependent on the service level
the source requested and the number of egress points for the group in
a network. Since the egress points in a multicast group can change
during a multicast session, a source node would not know how many or
which egress points it would be sending to when it specifies the
service level it requires for multicast data.

This document describes methods to control the number of egress
points of a dynamic multicast group in a differentiated services (DS)
network. A source node specifies the bandwidth, type of service and a
limit on the number of egress points that it wants to send multicast
data to. If this limit on the number of egress points is reached, no
further egress points will be grafted to the branch of the multicast
tree rooted at this source node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-leecy-multicast-egress-limit-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-leecy-multicast-egress-limit-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-leecy-multicast-egress-limit-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.