Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:28:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Extensions for supporting Distributed Call State
	Author(s)	: B. Marshall, E. Miller, K. Ramakrishnan et.al
	Filename	: draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
This document describes extensions to the Session Initiation
Protocol RFC(2543) for supporting telephony services using the
Distributed Call Signaling architecture described in [2]. This
document discusses the semantics associated with the user parameter
in the SIP URL for supporting a call signaling architecture where
call state is distributed to the clients during call setup and
stored there for the duration of the call while the proxy server
remains stateless. Additional headers in SIP messages for passing
call state information between the clients and their proxies, and
support for PSTN-based operator services are also discussed in this
document. In addition, the need for the Also and Replaces headers
(previously discussed in [3]) are mentioned here.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.