Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-becker-mobileip-ipm-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:56:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Mobility Architecture Framework
	Author(s)	: C. Becker, B. Patil, E. Qaddoura
	Filename	: draft-becker-mobileip-ipm-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 21-Oct-99
	
Today, the wireless network arena is made up of different types of
access (TDMA, CDMA, GSM, etc) and core network technologies (IS-41
and MAP over SS7, etc). The heterogeneous nature of today's
wireless and wireline packet data networks limits the scope of
mobility between these heterogeneous networks. However, as these
heterogeneous networks evolve, the mobility management provided by
them must evolve to ensure seamless roaming between the networks.
With the convergence of voice and data, networks of the future will
be built on IP packet switched technology, mostly due to inherent
advantages offered by the technology.
This document identifies several drivers that provide input for an
IP Mobility based network and also describes a high level IP
Mobility architecture that extends the current third generation
IMT2000 wireless architecture and builds on Mobile IP concepts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-becker-mobileip-ipm-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-becker-mobileip-ipm-arch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-becker-mobileip-ipm-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.