Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shew-lsp-restoration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:07:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Restoration of MPLS Label Switched Paths
	Author(s)	: S. Shew
	Filename	: draft-shew-lsp-restoration-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 26-Oct-99
	
This document describes a mechanism for fast detection of MPLS LSP
failure when a link fails and scales to all LSPs affected by the
failure.  Fast detection enables ingress LERs to quickly recover
onto backup LSPs.  A performance improvement in the reliability of
LSPs is expected.  The mechanism described relies on a node and
network architecture that integrates L1/L2/L3 technology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shew-lsp-restoration-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shew-lsp-restoration-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shew-lsp-restoration-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.