Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-interdomain-sip-qos-osp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:07:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Interdomain IP Communications with QoS, Authorization 
                          and Usage Reporting
	Author(s)	: H. Sinnreich,  S. Donovan,  D. Rawlins, S. Thomas	
        Filename	: draft-sinnreich-interdomain-sip-qos-osp-00.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 26-Oct-99
	
IP communications such as telephony may require quality of service
equal or better than available on digital circuit switched networks.
Service providers will ensure QoS only if authorization and payments
are supported across the domains where the communication is taking
place. The message exchange for session initiation, authorization,
policy support, QoS and usage reporting is more complex than the mes-
sage exchange for each of the protocols in part for these functions,
since session parameters have to be passed between messages. The
inter-process dependencies require interleaving of messages from the
different protocols in a certain sequence to pass on the required
parameters.
Policy based QoS is provided by RSVP enabled routers and mapped to
802 style LANs. RSVP aggregation is used for Differentiated Services
QoS across the backbone.
The present document provides the framework and examples of the mes-
sage exchange between clients and servers on networks of Internet
service providers or corporate networks across a common IP backbone.
Outsourcing to a clearinghouse of inter-domain authorization and
usage reporting is also shown.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-interdomain-sip-qos-osp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sinnreich-interdomain-sip-qos-osp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-interdomain-sip-qos-osp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.