Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-scoggins-megaco-atmimp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:08:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Megaco ATM MG Implementation Considerations
	Author(s)	: S. Scoggins, M. Brown
	Filename	: draft-scoggins-megaco-atmimp-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
This document proposes mechanisms needed to address issues associated 
with connection oriented packet networks such as an ATM network or an IP
network which use some form of network path reservation. These issues 
are to:
- allow for determination of which Media Gateway (MG) should initiate 
the creation of the network connection path and correlation of the 
network connection path between MGs,
- allow for a wait state while an end-to-end network path between MGs is 
being established to effect the ADD of an connection oriented 
ephemeral termination, for example, UNI/PNNI setup of an ATM SVC,
- allow for recognition and generation of events and signals to support 
access/use of a connection oriented packet based network. 
First, this document contains a proposal for use of a unique identifier 
to be passed between the two MGs that allows for correlation of a 
network path with a specific request or call attempt.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-scoggins-megaco-atmimp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-scoggins-megaco-atmimp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-scoggins-megaco-atmimp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.