Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-itu-sg2-qos-routing-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:25:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Routing of Multimedia Connections Across TDM-, ATM-, 
                          and IP-Based Networks
	Author(s)	: G. Ash, Y. Lee
	Filename	: draft-ash-itu-sg2-qos-routing-02.txt
	Pages		: 55
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
This draft presents the ongoing work in ITU-T SG2 Question 2/2 on
Recommendation  E.351 'Routing of Multimedia Connections Across TDM-, ATM-, and IP-based Networks.' There are many network operators who have
implemented multiple networks using different network-layer (layer-3)
routing protocols, which include TDM-, ATM-, and/or IP-based technology.
Rapid growth of multimedia IP-based services has led in turn to ATM and IP technology being implemented and/or planned for PSTNs.  Established routing methods are recommended for application across network types (summarized in Table 1 of the Recommendation), and include the following: a) E.164/NSAP based number translation/routing, b) automatic generation of routing tables based on network topology and status, c) automatic update and synchronization of topology databases, d) dynamic route selection, and e)QoS resource management.  Signaling and information-exchange requirements needed to support these routing methods are recommended, and include the connectivity management and routing policy parameters summarized in Table 4 of the Recommendation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-itu-sg2-qos-routing-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ash-itu-sg2-qos-routing-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ash-itu-sg2-qos-routing-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.