Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bartz-directory-composite-objects-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 06:55:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Composite Objects for the Directory
	Author(s)	: L. Bartz
	Filename	: draft-bartz-directory-composite-objects-00.txt
	Pages		: 74
	Date		: 11-Oct-99
	
Composite Objects for the Directory (COD) describes an abstraction
layer above the schema, content, and structure facilities of the
Directory. COD enables the construction of reusable information com-
ponents from schema primitives. These components include composite
objects, type-signed object references, graphs of object hierarchies,
and object-oriented relationships among Directory objects.
COD also provides a repository of templates, or prototypes of the
information components. This repository captures component design
information which cannot be expressed in the Directory schema. This
repository allows the design of the components to be unequivocably
described and reused both within and beyond the immediate Directory
instance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bartz-directory-composite-objects-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bartz-directory-composite-objects-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bartz-directory-composite-objects-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.