Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-terrell-ip-spec-ipv7-ipv8-addr-cls-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 06:52:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Protocol Specifications for IPv7 and IPv8 
                          Address Classes
	Author(s)	: E. Terrell
	Filename	: draft-terrell-ip-spec-ipv7-ipv8-addr-cls-03.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 13-Oct-99
	
This paper is a direct result, necessitated by the correction of the
mathematical anomaly that plague IPv4. However, the resolution of
this problem which sought an end to the disparities resulting from
a shortage of available IP Addresses. Did not seem to garner the
unfledging support, through the suggestion of an alternate IP system
of addressing. As presented in the paper entitled; 'The Mathematical
Reality of IP Addressing in IPv4 Questions the need for Another IP
System of Addressing'.

Needless to say, it is thought that a greater clarification of the
underlining foundation of this subject matter is that which is
needed. Notwithstanding my personal beliefs, that the promises made
by the IT Industry itself, will not be forth coming if an adequate
IP System of Addressing is not employed.

Nevertheless, the Overview is an attempt to provide the reader with
a succinct introductory foundation of those aspects of the Internet
Protocol that will change as a direct result of the implementation
of either IPv7 or IPv8. In other words, I shall present only those
aspects of IPv4 that deal with its methods of Addressing and its
former Class Structure. However, while admitting this would be an
over simplification of its functional use or purpose, and a serious
reduction of an adequate explanation of a vast majority the
foundational information encompassing the IP Specification. It is
nevertheless, seen justifiable, because the remaining aspects
concerning the IP Specification will not change, and shall retain
their functional use regardless of whether or not these systems are
employed. However, there will not be any analysis, which would
propose a mandate for implementation of either of these IP Addressing
Systems, as the suitable replacement of IPv4. That is to say, not
unless the foundations as presented by this work, become the Standard
chosen after an extensive review and comprehensive analysis by the
members of the committee for the IESG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-terrell-ip-spec-ipv7-ipv8-addr-cls-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-terrell-ip-spec-ipv7-ipv8-addr-cls-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-terrell-ip-spec-ipv7-ipv8-addr-cls-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.