Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ops-hostmib-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:29:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Host Resources MIB
	Author(s)	: S. Waldbusser, P. Grillo
	Filename	: draft-ops-hostmib-01.txt
	Pages		: 65
	Date		: 28-Oct-99
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base
(MIB) for use with network management protocols in the
Internet community.  This memo obsoletes RFC 1514, the 'Host
Resources MIB'. This memo extends that specification by
clarifying changes based on implementation and deployment
experience and documenting the Host Resources MIB in SMIv2
format while remaining semantically identical to the existing
SMIv1-based MIB.
This memo defines a MIB for use with managing host systems.
The term 'host' is construed to mean any computer that
communicates with other similar computers attached to the
internet and that is directly used by one or more human
beings. Although this MIB does not necessarily apply to
devices whose primary function is communications services
(e.g., terminal servers, routers, bridges, monitoring
equipment), such relevance is not explicitly precluded.  This
MIB instruments attributes common to all internet hosts
including, for example, both personal computers and systems
that run variants of Unix.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ops-hostmib-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ops-hostmib-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ops-hostmib-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.