Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-faynberg-spirits-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 06:52:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Toward Definition of the Protocol for PSTN-initiated
                          Services Supported by PSTN/Internet Interworking
	Author(s)	: I. Faynberg, H. Lu, M. Weissman, L. Slutsman 
	Filename	: draft-faynberg-spirits-protocol-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 15-Oct-99
	
This document
1) Provides the relevant background explaining the mechanism for
interactions between the PSTN and SPIRITS Server
2) Based on this mechanism, provides basic requirements and sets
forth the methodology for constructing the building blocks of the
SPIRITS protocol.
3) Provides particular examples of application of this methodology
regarding the leading SPIRITS benchmark service--the Internet Call
Waiting (ICW).
As such, this document contributes to the future SPIRITS architecture
and protocol RFCs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-faynberg-spirits-protocol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-faynberg-spirits-protocol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-faynberg-spirits-protocol-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.