Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-smug-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 06:53:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Secure IP Multicast: Problem areas, Framework, and 
                          Building Blocks
	Author(s)	: T. Hardjono, R. Canetti,  M. Baugher, P. Dinsmore
	Filename	: draft-irtf-smug-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 15-Oct-99
	
This document provides a foundation for the research work done as the Secure Multicast Group (SMuG)of the IRTF.  The document begins by introducing a Reference Framework  and problem areas, and proceeds to identify functional building blocks for a secure multicast solution.
The identified building blocks, their definition and realization
will be the subject of future work of SmuG.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-smug-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-smug-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-smug-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.