Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sharp-megaco-t1rbsapp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 06:53:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Media Gateway Control Protocol (megaco) Applicability 
                          for T1 Robbed Bit Signaling
	Author(s)	: C. Sharp
	Filename	: draft-sharp-megaco-t1rbsapp-00.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 14-Oct-99
	
The Media Gateway Control Protocol (megaco) can be used to carry T1
Robbed Bit Signaling (RBS) between the Media Gateway (MG) and the
Media Gateway Controller (MGC).  This document describes the
applicability of megaco to carrying T1 Robbed Bit Signaling.  T1
Robbed Bit Signaling is a type of Channel Associated Signaling used
mainly in the United States of America (USA) and Canada.  A
description and specification for T1 RBS can be found in EIA/TIA-
464-B.  This draft does not define any new packages, but identifies
the need for new packages to support Robbed Bit Signaling.  It is
anticipated that packages for FX service will be very similar to
packages defined for analog lines.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sharp-megaco-t1rbsapp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sharp-megaco-t1rbsapp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sharp-megaco-t1rbsapp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.