Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ebata-inter-domain-qos-acct-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:27:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Inter-Domain QoS Provisioning and Accounting
	Author(s)	: T. Ebata, M. Takihiro, S. Miyake, 
                          M. Koizumi, F. Hartanto,  G. Carle
	Filename	: draft-ebata-inter-domain-qos-acct-00.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 25-Oct-99
	
Recently, IETF has started to examine policy as a tool for managing 
and controlling the provision of QoS guaranteed services. In a 
multi-domain environment, each domain will define its own policies and 
manage the services according to its own policies. So it is natural 
that the policy in one domain is different from the policy in another 
domain. 
Therefore, this document focuses on the policy setup required for 
supporting inter-domain QoS provisioning and accounting and describes 
the policy exchange required between the domains. For supporting the 
policy exchanges, this document describes two protocols, namely 'Policy 
Advertisement Protocol (PAP)' and 'Policy Negotiation and Notification 
Protocol (PNP)'. PAP is used by a domain to advertise its service 
policies to other domains. PNP is used by a domain to request another 
domain to provide a QoS guaranteed service and for the requested domain 
to notify the requesting domain of the policies governing the charges 
for the services. This allows dynamic negotiation for the service 
charges based on the offered QoS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ebata-inter-domain-qos-acct-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ebata-inter-domain-qos-acct-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ebata-inter-domain-qos-acct-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.