Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ema-vpimdir-schema-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:32:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: VPIM Directory Schema Definition & Profile
	Author(s)	: A. Brown
	Filename	: draft-ema-vpimdir-schema-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 26-Oct-99
	
One use of a directory service is the retrieval of information,
such as email address and spoken name, to support voice messaging.
This document defines the directory schema required for an
X.500/LDAP-based directory service for use by applications
supporting Voice Profile for Internet Mail [VPIM2].  The directory
service is intended to assist the exchange of voice messages
between voice messaging systems.  Interaction with desktop
applications is outside the scope of this draft.
Some schema elements defined herein may be of more general use than
just for voice messaging.  They are included here because they are
not defined elsewhere.  It is anticipated that the next version of
this schema will only reference such definitions if they get
defined in more appropriate areas.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ema-vpimdir-schema-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ema-vpimdir-schema-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ema-vpimdir-schema-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.