Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:51:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The management of MPLS LSPs for scalable QoS Service 
                          Provision
	Author(s)	: M. Gibson
	Filename	: draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 20-Oct-99
	
There is an increasing use of real-time applications on IP networks.
As these applications require certain QoS levels to operate
acceptably there is a need for IP networks to guarantee such levels.
This draft proposes a network architecture that uses a modified
version of the SIP protocol to reserve IP sessions with a requested
Quality of Service. The network consists of a session control layer,
an IP Layer that is constrained through the use of MPLS tunnels, and
a distributed management system to control those tunnels.
The draft describes each of the key components needed to implement
such a network and suggests suitable technologies for each of them.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.