Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gibson-sip-qos-resv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:52:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Use of SIP for the Reservation of QoS guaranteed Paths
	Author(s)	: M. Gibson, J. Crowcroft
	Filename	: draft-gibson-sip-qos-resv-00.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 20-Oct-99
	
This draft defines a modification of the use of the SIP protocol to
perform route reservation. These modifications are applied to two of
the existing SIP Methods: INVITE and REGISTER. The modifications
allow the INVITE method to be used to find the best path across a
particular network based on QoS metrics. The route choice is able to
be restricted at the network edge. The proposed modifications also
allow the REGISTER method to be used as a means of disseminating
information necessary to determine these QoS metrics. This
information can be used to route INVITEs away from known areas of
congestion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gibson-sip-qos-resv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gibson-sip-qos-resv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gibson-sip-qos-resv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.