Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hummel-te-oct-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 06:52:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Orchestrally conducted Traffic  ( OCT )
	Author(s)	: H. Hummel
	Filename	: draft-hummel-te-oct-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 18-Oct-99
	
This draft proposes to engineer traffic such that we can speak of  an
Orchestrally  Conducted  Traffic  (OCT). Any traffic stream (given by
its source and destination nodes and by a priority class),  shall  be
served as best as possible (i.e.  by using  best-routed LSPs as often
as possible) - which means eventually less optimally routed LSPs   or
even  not  at  all,  according  to  the  current traffic load and the
currently  expected   increase/decrease  of   the   entire   traffic.
Fairness   and   appropriate/deliberate  discrimination  as  well  as
optimal thruput  will  be  achieved.   The  OCT  concept  assumes  an
information  exchange between the source nodes of all traffic streams
and a common TE conductor (TEC). This OCT concept is  alternative  to
concepts where each traffic stream is its own conductor, i.e. decides
all by itself without mutual  synchronization  which  routes/LSPs  to
take.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hummel-te-oct-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hummel-te-oct-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hummel-te-oct-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.