Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-multiplexing-rtp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:01:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Multiplexing Scheme for RTP Flows between Access 
                          Routers
	Author(s)	: K. El-khatib, G. Luo,  G. Bochmann, P. Feng
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-multiplexing-rtp-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
This draft proposes a light-weight data driven approach for 
multiplexing low bit rate RTP streams at the edge router of the 
Internet in order to reduce the RTP/UDP/IP header overhead associated 
with each RTP stream. Audio packets from different sources in a local 
access network destined to different users in the same remote access 
network are multiplexed into one packet, with the original RTP/UDP/IP 
header of each packet replaced with a mini-header (2 bytes), resulting 
in a reduction of the overhead. Access routers can use the IP telephony 
Border Gateway Protocol (TBGP) to exchange the reachability of IP 
destinations in their domains.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-multiplexing-rtp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-multiplexing-rtp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-multiplexing-rtp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.