Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 06:52:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Over Satellite Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Ongoing TCP Research Related to Satellites
	Author(s)	: M. Allman, S. Dawkins, D. Glover,  J. Griner, 
                          T. Henderson, J. Heidemann, H. Kruse,  S. Ostermann,
                          K. Scott,  J. Semke, J. Touch, D. Tran
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-12.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 13-Oct-99
	
This document outlines possible TCP enhancements that may allow TCP
to better utilize the available bandwidth provided by networks
containing satellite links.  The algorithms and mechanisms outlined
have not been judged to be mature enough to be recommended by the
IETF.  The goal of this document is to educate researchers as to the
current work and progress being done in TCP research related to
satellite networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-12.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-12.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.