Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kocheisen-alert-format-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:50:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Alert and Notification Format
	Author(s)	: M. Kocheisen,  J. Cloutier, F. McNeil, 
                          P. Rioux,  J. Tessier
	Filename	: draft-kocheisen-alert-format-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 20-Oct-99
	
The Alert Format defines the MIME type message/alert. It describes
how alerts and notifications are formatted in order that they can be
sent and received by alert transport agents and alert receivers. The
alert format is transport independent. However, in most parts it
simply extends RFC 822 [RFC822] and uses RFC 2045 [MIME1], such that
any RFC 822 or RFC 2045  message represents a simple and valid alert.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kocheisen-alert-format-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kocheisen-alert-format-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kocheisen-alert-format-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.