Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-connolly-text-html-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 06:53:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The 'text/html' Media Type
	Author(s)	: D. Connolly, L. Masinter
 	Filename	: draft-connolly-text-html-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 13-Oct-99
	
This document summarizes the history of HTML development, and
defines the 'text/html' MIME type by pointing to the relevant W3C
recommendations, It is intended to obsolete the previous IETF
documents defining HTML, including RFC 1866, RFC 1867, RFC 1980,
RFC 1942 and RFC 2070.
This document was prepared at the request of the W3C HTML working
group. Please send comments to [email-masked], a public mailing
list with archive at <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/>.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-connolly-text-html-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-connolly-text-html-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-connolly-text-html-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.