Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:51:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Password Policy for LDAP Directories
	Author(s)	: P. Behera, V. Chu, L. Poitou, J. Sermersheim
	Filename	: draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 20-Oct-99
	
Password policy is a set of rules that controls how passwords are
used in LDAP directories. In order to improve the security of
LDAP directories and make it difficult for password cracking
programs to break into directories, it is desirable to enforce a
set of rules on password usage.  These rules are made to ensure
that users change their passwords periodically, passwords meet
construction requirements, the re-use of old password is
restricted, and users are locked out after a certain number of
attempts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.