Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-star-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:30:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SOURCE TREE ADAPTIVE ROUTING (STAR) PROTOCOL
	Author(s)	: J. Garcia-Luna, M. Spohn
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-star-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
The Source-Tree Adaptive Routing (STAR) protocol is intended for use
by nodes (static and mobile) in an ad hoc network or an internet.  A
router in STAR communicates to its neighbors the parameters of its
source routing tree, which consists of each link that the router
needs to reach every known destination (and address range) in the ad
hoc network or internet. To conserve transmission bandwidth and
energy, a router communicates changes to its source routing tree only
when the router detects new destinations, the possibility of looping,
or the possibility of node failures or network partitions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-star-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-star-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-star-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.