Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kanada-diffserv-qospifmib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:20:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SNMP-based QoS Programming Interface MIB for Routers
	Author(s)	: Y. Kanada, M. Ikezawa,  S. Miyake,  Y. Atarashi
	Filename	: draft-kanada-diffserv-qospifmib-00.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 26-Oct-99
	
This document describes a QoS PIF MIB (Quality-of-Service
Programming-Interface Management-Information-Base) to be used as an
SNMP-based programming interface for routers.  This MIB is intended
to be a programming interface for router QoS functions, especially
DiffServ-related [RFC2475] functions including packet scheduling
(queuing), dropping, and metering that must be modular and concisely
described.  Traffic-conditioning rules and metering rules for
DiffServ-related functions are defined modularly by using 'virtual
flow labels' and exclusive conditions in rules, and new
classifications for packet-scheduling and packet-dropping functions
are introduced.  This document focuses on satisfying the requirements
on programming interfaces or programming languages for router
control.  Thus, the focus is different from that of DiffServ MIB
[DSMIB] or QoS PIB [QoSPIB].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kanada-diffserv-qospifmib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kanada-diffserv-qospifmib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kanada-diffserv-qospifmib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.