Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-houri-sametime-community-client-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:32:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Sametime (TM) Community - Client Protocol
	Author(s)	: A. Houri, I. Golde
	Filename	: draft-houri-sametime-community-client-00.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 25-Oct-99
	
This document describes the protocol used by a client in a Sametime
(TM) community. The protocol enables users connecting to a Sametime
community to be aware each other and to send Instant Messages (IMs)
to other users in the community.
While this protocol does not meet many of the requirements of the IMPP
working group, it is provided as background information on existing
Instant Messaging and Presence implementations. This protocol is
provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind. In particular,
commercial use  of this protocol requires licensing.
The protocol described in this document should enable implementing a
client program that can interoperate with Sametime communities, given
the user has registered with the community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-houri-sametime-community-client-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-houri-sametime-community-client-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-houri-sametime-community-client-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.