Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-elwalid-icmp-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:30:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ICMP Extension for One-Way Performance Metrics
	Author(s)	: L. Qian, A. Elwalid, I. Widjaja
	Filename	: draft-elwalid-icmp-ext-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 28-Oct-99
	
In this document we define two new ICMP message types. These new
types of ICMP messages can be used as probe packets to support a
variety of measurement applications.  This draft gives detailed
definition and format of these two new ICMP message types. It is in
full conformance with the original RFC on ICMP [1], and complements
the work of the IPPM working group [6][7][8]. The extension of ICMP
for one-way traffic measurement is also useful for traffic
engineering.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elwalid-icmp-ext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-elwalid-icmp-ext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elwalid-icmp-ext-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.