Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:45:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Temporally-Ordered Routing Algorithm (TORA) Version 1 
                          Functional Specification
	Author(s)	: V. Park, S. Corson
        Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-02.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 28-Oct-99
	
This document provides a detailed specification of the Temporally-
Ordered Routing Algorithm (TORA)--a distributed routing protocol for
multihop networks. A key concept in the protocol's design is an
attempt to de-couple (to the greatest extent possible) the generation
of far-reaching control message propagation from the dynamics of the
network topology. The basic, underlying algorithm is neither
traditionally distance-vector nor link-state; it is one of a family
of algorithms referred to as 'link reversal' algorithms. In
particular, the protocol's reaction to certain link failures is
structured as a temporally-ordered sequence of diffusing
computations, each computation consisting of a sequence of directed
link reversals. The protocol can operate in either a reactive,
proactive or mixed mode.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.