Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-valko-cellularip-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:07:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Cellular IP
	Author(s)	: A. Campbell,  J. Gomez, C. Wan,  A. Turanyi, A. Valko
	Filename	: draft-valko-cellularip-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
This document specifies a protocol that allows routing IP datagrams
to a mobile host.  The protocol is intended to provide local mobility
and handoff support.  It can interwork with Mobile IP [1] to provide
wide area mobility support.  Four fundamental design principles of
the protocol are: (1) location information is stored in distributed
data bases (2) location information referring to a mobile host is
created and updated by regular IP datagrams originated by the said
mobile host (3) location information is stored as soft state (4)
   location management for idle mobile hosts is separated from location
   management of hosts that are actively transmitting or receiving data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-valko-cellularip-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-valko-cellularip-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-valko-cellularip-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.