Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:45:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Address Translation - Protocol Translation 
                         (NAT-PT]
	Author(s)	: G. Tsirtsis, P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-07.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 26-Oct-99
	
This document specifies an IPv4-to-IPv6 transition mechanism, in
addition to those already specified in [TRANS]. This solution
attempts to provide transparent routing, as defined in [NAT-TERM], to
end-nodes in V6 realm trying to communicate with end-nodes in V4
realm and vice versa. This is achieved using a combination of Network
Address Translation and Protocol Translation. The scheme described
does not mandate dual-stacks (i.e., IPv4 as well as V6 protocol
support) or special purpose routing requirements (such as requiring
tunneling support) on end nodes. This scheme is based on a
combination of address translation theme as described in [NAT-TERM]
and V6/V4 protocol translation theme as described in [SIIT].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.