Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gupta-ipsec-remote-access-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:22:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Secure, Remote Access over the Internet using IPSec
	Author(s)	: V. Gupta
	Filename	: draft-gupta-ipsec-remote-access-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 26-Oct-99
	
This memo describes the use of IPSec [KeAt98a-c] for secure access to
protected networks by authorized users connected to the Internet.  An
example target scenario is a corporate employee on the road accessing
resources on his company's Intranet. It addresses firewall traversal,
user authentication, data confidentiality and the use of private
address spaces (the latter impacts routing and name lookups).  A
comparison to other mechanisms such as those based on Layer-2
tunneling or session layer security, is also included.
 
   This memo draws upon several ideas from [Dora97,Mosk98] and would not
   have been possible without the contributions of the IETF working
   groups on IP Security (IPSec) and Network Address Translation (NAT).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gupta-ipsec-remote-access-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gupta-ipsec-remote-access-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gupta-ipsec-remote-access-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.