Subject: Last Call: The 'text/html' Media Type to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:01:50 -0400

The IESG has received a request to consider The 'text/html' Media Type
<draft-connolly-text-html-01.txt> as an Informational RFC.  This has
been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working
Group.

In the same action, the IESG will consider reclassifying the following
RFCs as Historic:

RFC1866 Hypertext Markup Language - 2.0
RFC1867 Form-based File Upload in HTML
RFC1942 HTML Tables
RFC1980 A Proposed Extension to HTML: Client-Side Image Maps
RFC2070 Internationalization of the Hypertext Markup Language

The listed RFCs are obsolete versions of the HTML specification.  The
current HTML specification which is maintained by the World Wide Web
consortium should be used for new implementations.

The document proposed as Informational is intended to supersede the
current MIME registration of the text/html content-type, which
references a now-obsolete version of the HTML specification.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by November 10, 1999.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-connolly-text-html-01.txt