Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sydir-cplane-gsmp-enhancements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:56:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GSMP Enhancements for Improving Switch Partitioning 
                          Support and Simplifying PDU Parsing
	Author(s)	: M. Peters, B. Srinivasan, J. Sydir
	Filename	: draft-sydir-cplane-gsmp-enhancements-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 19-Oct-99
	
This memo suggests a number of enhancements to GSMP, based on our
experiences with our version of GSMP v1 and other, proprietary,
switch control protocols. The enhancements fall into the broad
categories of improving switch partitioning support, simplifying
PDU parsing, and improving multicast support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sydir-cplane-gsmp-enhancements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sydir-cplane-gsmp-enhancements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sydir-cplane-gsmp-enhancements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.