Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zaccone-nat-rsip-gen-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:11:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RSIP generic network architecture
	Author(s)	: C. Zaccone, Y. T'Joens,  B. Sales,
	Filename	: draft-zaccone-nat-rsip-gen-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 26-Oct-99
	
Currently, the RSIP architecture [RSIP-FRAM] concentrates all the
functionalities of the system and associated databases into a single
location, the edge router. This approach may introduce weaknesses and
restrictions when multiple edge routers are available either towards
a unique ISP, or towards multiple ISPs (multi-homing environment).
This document introduces a generic architecture where functionalities
are distributed and that is designed with the aim of increasing the
robustness of the system while enabling to gain benefit of
multihoming towards one or more ISPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zaccone-nat-rsip-gen-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zaccone-nat-rsip-gen-arch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zaccone-nat-rsip-gen-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.