Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dcsgroup-sip-resource-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:34:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Integration of Resource Management and Call Signaling 
                          for IP Telephony
	Author(s)	: K. Ramakrishnan,  B. Marshall, E. Miller et.al
	Filename	: draft-dcsgroup-sip-resource-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 27-Oct-99
	
This document describes a two-stage call-setup mechanism, with the
resource management protocol interleaved between the two stages. The
objective of such a mechanism is to enable deployment of robust IP
Telephony services. The first phase ensures that resources are made
available before the phone rings and the participants of the call
are 'invited' to participate. The second phase involves the alerting
of the user after the network resources are reserved. This draft
presents the call signaling requirements that lead to this design,
and the specific SIP extension of an INVITE that does not ring the
far-end phone.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-sip-resource-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dcsgroup-sip-resource-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-sip-resource-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.