Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-podolsky-avt-rtprx-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:07:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A RTCP-based Retransmission Protocol for Unicast RTP 
                          Streaming Multimedia
	Author(s)	: M. Podolsky, K. Yano,  S. McCanne 
	Filename	: draft-podolsky-avt-rtprx-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 28-Oct-99
	
This note defines a retransmission request protocol for use with
unicast Real Time Protocol (RTP) [1] multimedia sessions.  We refer
to this protocol as RTPRx.  The protocol is defined as a new RTCP
type and is flexible enough to allow a variety of retransmission
request and response schemes.  This note describes the basic format
for retransmission requests, and provides examples of three different
retransmission request-response algorithms which use different
methods to determine if retransmissions should be requested and
whether the requests should be served.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-podolsky-avt-rtprx-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-podolsky-avt-rtprx-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-podolsky-avt-rtprx-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.