Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-calhoun-diameter-framework-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 06:58:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DIAMETER Framework Document
	Author(s)	: P. Calhoun, G. Zorn,  P. Pan, H. Akhtar
	Filename	: draft-calhoun-diameter-framework-04.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 22-Oct-99
	
As the number of new internet services has increased in the past
couple of years, routers and network access servers (NAS) have had to
undergo re-engineering to support them.
These new services could often benefit from an Authentication,
Authorization and Accounting (AAA) protocol to facilitate off-loading
policy information to an external server.
The DIAMETER protocol defines a policy protocol used by clients to
perform Policy, AAA and resource control for Internet Access
technologies such as PPP and Mobile-IP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-diameter-framework-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-calhoun-diameter-framework-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-diameter-framework-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.