Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:56:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Key Exchange for Network Architectures (KENA)
	Author(s)	: M. Khalil, R. Narayanan, E. Qaddoura, H. Akhtar
	Filename	: draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 19-Oct-99
	
As deployment of global IP networks become more widespread, there
are several challenges that become apparent, one of the more
important ones being secure access from a users perspective. Based
on the users service requirements, secure access will have to be
setup between a multitude of nodes in a distributed fashion. The
nature of these security requirements may well be real-time and
dynamic in nature and MUST protect the confidentiality of the user.
These requirements are clearly manifested in the mobility domain.
This draft outlines a general purpose Key Exchange framework for
Network Architectures [KENA] with centralised key generation and
management tailored for distributed nodes. The draft also describes
a specific implementation of KENA in the IP mobility domain by
extending Mobile IP [Perkins96].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mkhalil-mobileip-kena-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.