Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-reeder-snmpv3-usm-3desede-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 06:52:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extension to the User-Based Security Model (USM) to
                          Support Triple-DES EDE in 'Outside' CBC Mode
	Author(s)	: D. Reeder, O. Gudmundsson
 	Filename	: draft-reeder-snmpv3-usm-3desede-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 07-Oct-99
	
This document describes an extension to the the User-based Security
Model (USM) [RFC2574].  It defines the Elements of Procedure for
providing SNMP message level security for a privacy protocol using
Triple-DES EDE in 'Outside' Cipher-Block Chaining (CBC) mode.  This
document also extends the existing SNMPv3 MIBs in order to remotely
monitor and manage the configuration parameters for this privacy
protocol of the USM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reeder-snmpv3-usm-3desede-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-reeder-snmpv3-usm-3desede-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-reeder-snmpv3-usm-3desede-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.