Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 06:59:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Stateless IP/ICMP Translation Algorithm (SIIT)
	Author(s)	: E. Nordmark
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-07.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 16-Nov-99
	
This document specifies a transition mechanism algorithm in addition
to the mechanisms already specified in RFC 1933.  The algorithm
translates between IPv4 and IPv6 packet headers (including ICMP
headers) without requiring any per-connection state.  This new
algorithm can be used as part of a solution that allows IPv6 hosts,
which do not have a permanently assigned IPv4 addresses, to
communicate with IPv4-only hosts.  The document neither specifies
address assignment nor routing to and from the IPv6 hosts when they
communicate with the IPv4-only hosts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.