Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-takashima-te-concept-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:38:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Concept of IP Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: K. Takashima, K. Nakamichi, T. Soumiya
	Filename	: draft-takashima-te-concept-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 11-Nov-99
	
There is an strong demand from IP network operators to obtain a
method to control the network resource and enhance network
performance. The answer for this is Traffic Engineering. It is
derived through the effort in MPLS wg. But current, the concept of
Traffic Engineering seems to be limited to a few keywords, namely
load balancing and restoration.
The aim of this document is to enhance the concept of traffic
engineering and point out some aspects of what it is capable of. The
goal of this document is accomplished if this document could
enlighten the perspective of IP Traffic Engineering and show a
possible direction.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-takashima-te-concept-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-takashima-te-concept-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-takashima-te-concept-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.