Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-leecy-mpls-loop-avoidance-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:38:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Avoiding Loops in MPLS
	Author(s)	: C-Y. Lee, L. Andersson, Y. Ohba
	Filename	: draft-leecy-mpls-loop-avoidance-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 11-Nov-99
	
This document proposes a general method to avoid loops while setting
up Label Switched Paths (LSPs), and is applicable to both unicast and
multicast label setup.  The approach taken is to solve the problem of
constructing a tree for delivering data. The solution verifies the
path towards the root of the tree is loop free before a node is
grafted to the tree.  This loop avoidance scheme complements loop
detection in LDP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-leecy-mpls-loop-avoidance-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-leecy-mpls-loop-avoidance-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-leecy-mpls-loop-avoidance-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.