Subject: Last Call: Telnet Authentication Option to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:43:33 -0500

The IESG has received a request to consider Telnet Authentication
Option <draft-tso-telnet-auth-enc-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard. The
document will replace RFC1416, currently an Experimental Protocol.

The IESG will also consider publication of the following documents as
Proposed Standards:

o Telnet Authentication: Kerberos Version 5
	<draft-tso-telnet-krb5-03.txt> 
o Telnet Authentication Using DSA
	<draft-housley-telnet-auth-dsa-03.txt>
o Telnet Authentication Using KEA and SKIPJACK 
	<draft-housley-telnet-auth-keasj-04.txt>
o Telnet Authentication: SRP
	<draft-wu-telnet-auth-srp-04.txt>
o The SRP Authentication and Key Exchange System
	<draft-wu-srp-auth-03.txt> 
o Telnet Data Encryption Option
	<draft-tso-telnet-encryption-04.txt> 
o Telnet Encryption: DES 64 bit Cipher Feedback 
	<draft-tso-telnet-enc-des-cfb-04.txt> 
o Telnet Encryption: DES 64 bit Output Feedback 
	<draft-tso-telnet-enc-des-ofb-04.txt> 
o Telnet Encryption: DES3 64 bit Cipher Feedback 
	<draft-altman-telnet-enc-des3-cfb-01.txt> 
o Telnet Encryption: DES3 64 bit Output Feedback 
	<draft-altman-telnet-enc-des3-ofb-01.txt> 
o Telnet Encryption: CAST-128 64 bit Cipher Feedback 
	<draft-altman-telnet-enc-cast128-ofb-00.txt> 
o Telnet Encryption: CAST-128 64 bit Cipher Feedback 
	<draft-altman-telnet-enc-cast128-cfb-00.txt>

These documents have been reviewed in the IETF but are not the product
of an IETF Working Group.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by December 22, 1999.

Files can be obtained via 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tso-telnet-auth-enc-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tso-telnet-krb5-03.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-telnet-auth-dsa-03.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-telnet-auth-keasj-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-telnet-auth-srp-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-srp-auth-03.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tso-telnet-encryption-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tso-telnet-enc-des-cfb-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tso-telnet-enc-des-ofb-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-altman-telnet-enc-des3-cfb-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-altman-telnet-enc-des3-ofb-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-altman-telnet-enc-cast128-ofb-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-altman-telnet-enc-cast128-cfb-00.txt