Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rio-mobileip-safe-mip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:38:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Scalable Authentication Framework for Mobile-IP 
                          (SAFe-MIP)
	Author(s)	: S. Lam
	Filename	: draft-rio-mobileip-safe-mip-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 11-Nov-99
	
To date, a number of authentication protocols have been proposed for
Mobile-IP. Among these incompatible protocols, it is not clear
until now which one will be the preferred one for global deployment
of Mobile-IP. Based on the policy of allowing various protocols
to co-exist, this draft specifies an authentication framework that
allows Mobile-IP entities to negotiate for a protocol to be employed.
The framework also outlines the utilization of message extension
for carrying all information required by the authentication protocol
being used.
Based on the proposed framework, this draft then proposes a 'Minimal
Public Key Based Authentication' which addresses the need for
scalable but lightweight authentication protocol. The proposed
protocol secures the registration process, and requires a number of
message rounds that is fully compatible with the base Mobile-IP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rio-mobileip-safe-mip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rio-mobileip-safe-mip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rio-mobileip-safe-mip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.