Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 06:57:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Sampling of the Group Membership in RTP
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-06.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 23-Nov-99
	
In large multicast groups, the size of the group membership table
maintained by RTP (Real Time Transport Protocol) participants may
become unwieldy, particularly for embedded devices with limited
memory and processing power. This document discusses mechanisms for
sampling of this group membership table in order to reduce the memory
requirements. Several mechanisms are proposed, and the performance of
each is considered.

   NOTE:
 
   This is to inform you that Lucent Technologies has applied for and/or
   has patent(s) that relates to the binning algorithm which is a part
   of the specification.
 
   This declaration is being made pursuant to the provisions of IETF IPR
   Policy , Sections 10.3.1 and 10.3.2.
 
   Lucent Technologies Inc. will offer patent licenses for submissions
   made by it which are adopted as a standard by your organization as
   follows:
 
   If part(s) of a submission by Lucent is included in a standard and
   Lucent has patents and/or pending applications that are essential to
   implementation of the included part(s) in said standard, Lucent is
   prepared to grant - on the basis of reciprocity (grantback) - a
   license on such included part(s) on reasonable, non-discriminatory
   terms and conditions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.