Subject: BCP 35, RFC 2717 on Registration Procedures for URL Scheme Names

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 09:00:39 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 35        
        RFC 2717

        Title:	    Registration Procedures for URL Scheme Names
        Author(s):  R. Petke, I. King
        Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       November 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 19780
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-urlreg-procedures-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2717.txt

This document defines the process by which new URL scheme names are
registered.

This document is a product of the Uniform Resource Locator
Registration Procedures Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.