Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cornish-qtp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 06:57:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Quick Transaction Protocol - QTP
	Author(s)	: A. Cornish, M. Cox, R. Neill, I. Palmer, 
                          A. Telfer, C. Wignell 
	Filename	: draft-cornish-qtp-01.txt
	Pages		: 51
	Date		: 18-Nov-99
	
This protocol fills a void for an open standard for connecting
communications and computing equipment involved in the processing of
short duration transactions.
QTP is a simple connection-oriented protocol which can be used for
concentrating dial-up Point-Of-Sale or other transaction terminals
with transaction switches or hosts through a Network Access Server.
These transactions require rapid connection times, short hold times,
and the ability to transfer access network addressing information.
This document defines the message formats and sequences that are used
for connection management, data transfer, and status reporting.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cornish-qtp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cornish-qtp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cornish-qtp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.