Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xie-sctp4megaco-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 08:28:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Use SCTP as MEGACO Transport
	Author(s)	: Q. Xie, C. Sharp, I. Rytina,  R. Stewart
 	Filename	: draft-xie-sctp4megaco-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 28-Oct-99
	
This document discusses the use of the Simple Control Transmission 
Protocol (SCTP) [1], for carrying MEGACO [2] messages between an MGC 
and an MG. SCTP is currently being developed by IETF SIGTRAN Working 
Group. The framework architecture defined in RFC 2719 [3] can be used 
as a guideline for transporting MEGACO messages using SCTP.

MEGACO implementations targeting for high capacity and high 
availability deployment can especially benefit from the stream 
capability, redundant network support, congestion avoidance, and 
strong security features provided by SCTP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xie-sctp4megaco-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-xie-sctp4megaco-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xie-sctp4megaco-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.