Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kaliski-pkcs5-v2-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:58:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Password-Based Cryptography Specification PKCS #5 v2.0
	Author(s)	: B. Kaliski
	Filename	: draft-kaliski-pkcs5-v2-02.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 29-Nov-99
	
This document provides recommendations for the implementation of
password-based cryptography, covering key derivation functions,
encryption schemes, message-authentication schemes, and ASN.1 syntax
identifying the techniques.
The recommendations are intended for general application within
computer and communications systems, and as such include a fair
amount of flexibility. They are particularly intended for the
protection of sensitive information such as private keys, as in PKCS
#8 [25]. It is expected that application standards and implementation
profiles based on these specifications may include additional
constraints.
Other cryptographic techniques based on passwords, such as password-
based key entity authentication and key establishment protocols
[4][5][26] are outside the scope of this document. Guidelines for the
selection of passwords are also outside the scope.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kaliski-pkcs5-v2-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kaliski-pkcs5-v2-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kaliski-pkcs5-v2-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.