Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eastlake-ecom-fields2-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 07:02:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ECML v1.1: Field Specifications for E-Commerce
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd, T. Goldstein
	Filename	: draft-eastlake-ecom-fields2-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 19-Nov-99
	
Customers are frequently required to enter substantial amounts of
information at an Internet merchant site in order to complete a
purchase or other transaction, especially the first time they go
there. A standard set of information fields is defined as the first
version of an Electronic Commerce Modeling Language (ECML) so that
this task can be more easily automated, for example by wallet
software that could fill in fields.  Even for the manual data entry
case, customers will be less confused by varying merchant sites if a
substantial number adopt these standard fields.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-ecom-fields2-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eastlake-ecom-fields2-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-ecom-fields2-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.