Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pillay-esnault-ospf-flooding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:58:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: OSPF Refresh and flooding reduction in stable 
                          topologies
	Author(s)	: P. Pillay-Esnault
	Filename	: draft-pillay-esnault-ospf-flooding-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 29-Nov-99
	
This document describes extension to the OSPF protocol [1] to
optimize flooding of Link State Advertisements (LSA) in stable 
topologies.
The current behaviour of OSPF requires that all LSA be refreshed
every 30 minutes regardless of the stability of the network except
for Do Not Age (DNA) LSA [2]. This document proposes to generalize 
the use of DNA LSA so as to reduce protocol traffic in stable
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pillay-esnault-ospf-flooding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pillay-esnault-ospf-flooding-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pillay-esnault-ospf-flooding-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.