Subject: RFC 2724 on RTFM: New Attributes

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 11:09:20 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2724:

        Title:	    RTFM: New Attributes for Traffic Flow Measurement
        Author(s):  S. Handelman, S. Stibler, N. Brownlee, G. Ruth
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       October 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 37951
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2724.txt

The RTFM Traffic Measurement Architecture provides a general framework
for describing and measuring network traffic flows.  Flows are defined
in terms of their Address Attribute values and measured by a \'Traffic
Meter'.  This document discusses RTFM flows and the attributes which
they can have, so as to provide a logical framework for extending the
architecture by adding new attributes.

This document is a product of the Realtime Traffic Flow Measurement
Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.