Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:59:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Signaling Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simple Control Transmission Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Stewart, Q. Xie, C. Sharp, H. Schwarzbauer et.al. 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-04.txt
	Pages		: 89
	Date		: 29-Nov-99
	
This document describes the Simple Control Transmission Protocol
(SCTP). SCTP was designed to transport PSTN signalling messages over
IP networks, but is capable of broader application.
SCTP is an application-level datagram transfer protocol operating on
top of an unreliable datagram service such as UDP. It offers the
following services to its users:
- acknowledged error-free non-duplicated transfer of user data
- application-level segmentation to conform to discovered MTU size 
- sequenced delivery of user datagrams within multiple streams,
with an option for order-of-arrival delivery of individual
datagrams 
- optional multiplexing of user datagrams into SCTP datagrams,
subject to MTU size restrictions
- enhanced reliability through support of multi-homing at either or
both ends of the association. 
The design of SCTP includes appropriate congestion avoidance behaviour
and resistance to flooding and masquerade attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.