Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rap-cops-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 06:59:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The COPS (Common Open Policy Service) Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Boyle, R. Cohen, D. Durham,
                          S. Herzog,  R. Rajan,  A. Sastry
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rap-cops-08.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 16-Nov-99
	
This document describes a simple client/server model for supporting
policy control over QoS signaling protocols. The model does not make
any assumptions about the methods of the policy server, but is based
on the server returning decisions to policy requests. The model is
designed to be extensible so that other kinds of policy clients may
be supported in the future. However, this document makes no claims
that it is the only or the preferred approach for enforcing future
types of policies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-cops-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rap-cops-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-cops-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.