Subject: RFC 2733 on Generic FEC

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:57:22 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2733

        Title:	    An RTP Payload Format for Generic Forward Error
                    Correction 
        Author(s):  J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       December 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 53120
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-fec-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2733.txt

This document specifies a payload format for generic forward error
correction of media encapsulated in RTP. It is engineered for FEC
algorithms based on the exclusive-or (parity) operation. The payload
format allows end systems to transmit using arbitrary block lengths
and parity schemes. It also allows for the recovery of both the
payload and critical RTP header fields. Since FEC is sent as a
separate stream, it is backwards compatible with non-FEC capable
hosts, so that receivers which do not wish to implement FEC can just
ignore the extensions.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF.

This now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited. 

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.