Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 06:55:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IMAP4 Child Mailbox Extension
	Author(s)	: M. Gahrns, R. Cheng
	Filename	: draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-02.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 14-Dec-99
	
Many IMAP4 [RFC-2060] clients present to the user a hierarchical
view of the mailboxes that a user has access to.  Rather than
initially presenting to the user the entire mailbox hierarchy, it is
often preferable to show to the user a collapsed outline list of the
mailbox hierarchy (particularly if there is a large number of
mailboxes).  The user can then expand the collapsed outline
hierarchy as needed.  It is common to include within the collapsed
hierarchy a visual clue (such as a ''+'') to indicate that there are
child mailboxes under a particular mailbox.   When the visual clue
is clicked the hierarchy list is expanded to show the child
mailboxes.
 
The CHILDREN extension provides a mechanism for a client to
efficiently determine if a particular mailbox has children, without
issuing a LIST '' * or a LIST '' % for each mailbox name.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.