Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hollenbeck-rrp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 06:56:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Registry Registrar Protocol (RRP) Version 1.1.0
	Author(s)	: S. Hollenbeck, M. Srivastava
	Filename	: draft-hollenbeck-rrp-00.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 21-Dec-99
	
This document describes a protocol for the registration and management
of second level domain names and associated name servers in both Top
Level Domains (TLDs) and country code Top Level Domains (ccTLDs). This
protocol was developed by the Network Solutions Registry for use
within the Shared Registration System and is being published 'as-is'
with the goal of eventual publication as an Informational RFC.
Internet domain name registration typically involves three entities: a
registrant who wishes to register a domain name, a registrar who
provides services to the registrant, and a registry that provides
services to the registrar while serving as the authoritative
repository of all functional information required to resolve names
registered in the registry's TLDs.  This document describes a protocol
for registry-registrar communication only.  The protocol does not
provide any registrant services.
This document is being discussed on the 'rrp' mailing list.  To join
the list, send a message to <[email-masked]> with the words
'subscribe rrp' in the body of the message. There is also a web site
for the mailing list archives at
<http://www.NSIRegistry.com/maillist/rrp>.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hollenbeck-rrp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hollenbeck-rrp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hollenbeck-rrp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.