Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rps-dist-06.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 06:54:49 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Policy System Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Routing Policy System Replication
	Author(s)	: D. Meyer, C. Villamizar, C. Alaettinoglu, R. Govindan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rps-dist-06.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 27-Dec-99
	
The RIPE database specifications and RPSL define languages used as
the basis for representing information in a routing policy system.
A repository for routing policy system information is known as a
routing registry.  A routing registry provides a means of exchanging
information needed to address many issues of importance to the
operation of the Internet.  The implementation and deployment of a
routing policy system must maintain some degree of integrity to be
of any use.  The Routing Policy System Security RFC [3] addresses the
need to assure integrity of the data by proposing an authentication
and authorization model.  This document addresses the need to
distribute data over multiple repositories and delegate authority
for data subsets to other repositories without compromising the
authorization model established in Routing Policy System Security
RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rps-dist-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rps-dist-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rps-dist-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.