Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-issll-rsvp-aggr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 06:55:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services over Specific Link Layers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Aggregation of RSVP for IPv4 and IPv6 Reservations
	Author(s)	: F. Baker, C. Iturralde, F. Le Faucheur, B. Davie
	Filename	: draft-ietf-issll-rsvp-aggr-01.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 06-Dec-99
	
A key	problem	in the design of RSVP version 1	is, as noted in
its applicability statement, that it lacks facilities	for
aggregation of individual reserved sessions into a common
class. The use of such aggregation is	required for
scalability.
This document	describes the use of a single RSVP reservation
to aggregate other RSVP reservations across a	transit	routing
region, in a manner conceptually similar to the use of Virtual
Paths	in an ATM network. It proposes a way to	dynamically
create the aggregate reservation, classify the traffic for
which	the aggregate reservation applies, determine how much
bandwidth is needed to achieve the requirement, and recover
the bandwidth	when the sub-reservations are no longer
required. It also contains recommendations concerning
algorithms and policies for predictive reservations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-rsvp-aggr-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-issll-rsvp-aggr-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-rsvp-aggr-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.