Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vaudreuil-vpimdir-principles-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 06:59:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Voice Messaging Directory Service: Principles of 
                          Operation
	Author(s)	: G. Vaudreuil
	Filename	: draft-vaudreuil-vpimdir-principles-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 30-Nov-99
	
General electronic mail (email) provides a facility for exchanging
messages of seemingly arbitrary content.  In common email usage, text
is the primary media with one or more attachments.
A class of special-purpose computers has evolved to provide voice-
messaging services.  These machines generally interface to a telephone
switch and provide call answering and voice messaging services.
Message exchange between these voice-mail only systems can best be
achieved using VPIM Version 2.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-vpimdir-principles-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vaudreuil-vpimdir-principles-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-vpimdir-principles-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.