Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kempf-scope-rules-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:07:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SLP Scope and DA Configuration
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, M. Pahmp, R. Holm
	Filename	: draft-kempf-scope-rules-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 09-Dec-99
	
RFC 2608, RFC 2610, and RFC 2614 provide rules for configuring
SLP agents with scopes and DAs from the protocol, DHCP, and API
viewpoints, respectively.  The rules presented in these three
documents, while not in conflict, are ambiguous in certain cases.
There are also cases that fall into the cracks between the three
documents.  For example, if the mandatory byte is off in DHCP
for scopes and there are no statically configured scopes, but
there are DHCP scopes, should an agent use the DHCP scopes or not?
This document specifies a sequence of steps that interoperable
implementations of SLP must follow in order to obtain a clear and
unambiguous scope and DA configuration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-scope-rules-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kempf-scope-rules-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kempf-scope-rules-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.