Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsind-tsig-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 06:59:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS IXFR, Notification, and Dynamic Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Secret Key Transaction Authentication for DNS (TSIG)
	Author(s)	: P. Vixie, O. Gudmundsson,  D. Eastlake, B. Wellington
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsind-tsig-13.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 21-Dec-99
	
This protocol allows for transaction level authentication using
shared secrets and one way hashing.  It can be used to authenticate
dynamic updates as coming from an approved client, or to authenticate
responses as coming from an approved recursive name server.
No provision has been made here for distributing the shared secrets;
it is expected that a network administrator will statically configure
name servers and clients using some out of band mechanism such as
sneaker-net until a secure automated mechanism for key distribution
is available.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-tsig-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsind-tsig-13.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-tsig-13.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.