Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cromwell-megaco-advanced-audio-pkg-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 06:55:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Proposal for an MEGACO Advanced Audio Package
	Author(s)	: D. Cromwell
	Filename	: draft-cromwell-megaco-advanced-audio-pkg-00.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 06-Dec-99
	
This document is a proposal to add a new event/signal package to the
Megaco protocol to control an ARF (Audio Resource Function) which may
reside on a Media Gateway or specialized Audio Server.
This event package provides support for the standard IVR operations
of PlayAnnouncement, PlayCollect, and PlayRecord.  It supports direct
references to simple audio as well as indirect references to simple
and complex audio. It provides audio variables, control of audio
interruptibility, digit buffer control, special key sequences, and
support for reprompting during data collection.   It also provides an
arbitrary number of user defined qualifiers to be used in resolving
complex audio structures.  For example, the user could define qualif-
iers for any or all of the following: language, accent, audio file
format, gender, speaker, or customer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cromwell-megaco-advanced-audio-pkg-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cromwell-megaco-advanced-audio-pkg-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cromwell-megaco-advanced-audio-pkg-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.