Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-melnikov-imap-mdn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 06:39:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MDN profile for IMAP
	Author(s)	: A. Melnikov
	Filename	: draft-melnikov-imap-mdn-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 28-Dec-99
	
Message Disposition Notification [MDN], also known as
'acknowledgements' or 'receipt notifications' is one of the widely
used features of X.400 and the proprietary 'LAN-based' messaging
systems. [MDN] defines how this functionality may be supported by
Internet Mail, however it doesn't describe how multiple Mail User
Agents (MUAs) may use MDN together with the Internet Message Access
Protocol [IMAP4].
This document describes the Best Current Practice of using MDN with [IMAP4] and should be considered as guidelines for implementers of
the Internet Message Access Protocol [IMAP4] that want to add MDN
support to their products.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-imap-mdn-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-melnikov-imap-mdn-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-imap-mdn-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.