Subject: RFC 2731 on Encoding Dublin Core Metadata in HTML

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 08:33:33 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2731

        Title:	    Encoding Dublin Core Metadata in HTML
        Author(s):  J. Kunze
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       December 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 42450
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-kunze-dchtml-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2731.txt

The Dublin Core [DC1] is a small set of metadata elements for
describing information resources.  This document explains how these
elements are expressed using the META and LINK tags of HTML [HTML4.0].
A sequence of metadata elements embedded in an HTML file is taken to
be a description of that file.  Examples illustrate conventions
allowing interoperation with current software that indexes, displays,
and manipulates metadata, such as [SWISH-E], [freeWAIS-sf2.0],
[GLIMPSE], [HARVEST], [ISEARCH], etc., and the Perl [PERL] scripts in
the appendix. 

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.