Subject: Document Action: HTTP Extension Framework to Experimental

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:51:56 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'HTTP Extension Framework'
<draft-frystyk-http-extensions-03.txt> as an Experimental Protocol with
a slight change in title (See RFC Note below).

This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Keith Moore and Patrik
Falkstrom

Note to RFC Editor
==================

Please change the title to:

	An HTTP Extension Framework

Please include the following text as an IESG Note:

This document was originally requested for Proposed Standard
status.  However, due to mixed reviews during Last Call and within the
HTTP working group, it is being published as an Experimental document.
This is not necessarily an indication of technical flaws in the
document; rather, there is a more general concern about whether this
document actually represents community consensus regarding the
evolution of HTTP.  Additional study and discussion are needed before
this can be determined.

Note also that when HTTP is used as a substrate for other protocols,
it may be necessary or appropriate to use other extension mechanisms 
in addition to, or instead of, those defined here.  This document should
therefore not be taken as a blueprint for adding extensions to HTTP, but
it defines mechanisms that might be useful in such circumstances.