Subject: RFC 2725 on Routing Policy System Security

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:24:07 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2725

        Title:	    Routing Policy System Security
        Author(s):  C. Villamizar, C. Alaettinoglu, D. Meyer,
                    S. Murphy 
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       December 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 101649
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rps-auth-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2725.txt

The RIPE database specifications and RPSL language define languages
used as the basis for representing information in a routing policy
system.  A repository for routing policy system information is known
as a routing registry.  A routing registry provides a means of
exchanging information needed to address many issues of importance to
the operation of the Internet.  The implementation and deployment of
a routing policy system must maintain some degree of integrity to be
of any operational use.  This document addresses the need to assure
integrity of the data by providing an authentication and authorization
model.

This document is a product of Routing Policy System Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.  

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.