Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-binding-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 06:36:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: WebDAV Bindings
	Author(s)	: J. Slein, E. Whitehead,  J. Davis,
                          G. Clemm, C. Fay,  J. Crawford
	Filename	: draft-ietf-webdav-binding-protocol-02.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 22-Dec-99
	
This is one of a pair of specifications that extend the WebDAV 
Distributed Authoring Protocol to enable clients to create new access 
paths to existing resources.  The two protocol extensions have very 
different characteristics that make them useful for different sorts of 
applications.
 
The present specification defines bindings, and the BIND method for 
creating them.  Creating a new binding to a resource indirectly creates 
one or more new URIs mapped to that resource, which can then be used to 
access it.  Servers are required to insure the integrity of any bindings 
that they allow to be created.

The related specification, RFC xxxx, defines redirect reference 
resources.  A redirect reference resource is a resource whose default 
response is an HTTP/1.1 302 (Found) status code, redirecting the client 
to a different resource, the target resource.  A redirect reference 
makes it possible to access the target resource indirectly, through any 
URI mapped to the redirect reference resource.  There are no integrity 
guarantees associated with redirect reference resources.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-binding-protocol-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-webdav-binding-protocol-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-binding-protocol-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.