Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-to-in-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 06:55:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Accessing IN services from SIP networks
	Author(s)	: V. Gurbani
	Filename	: draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-to-in-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 21-Dec-99
	
In Internet telephony, the call control functions  of  a  traditional
circuit  switch  are replaced by a IP-based call controller that must
provide  features  normally  provided  by  the  traditional   switch,
including  operating  as a SSP for IN features.  A traditional switch
is armed with an IN call model that provides it a means to reach  out
and  make  service  decisions based on intelligence stored elsewhere.
Internet call controllers, by contrast, do not have an IN call model.
Furthermore,  since  there are many Internet call models with varying
number of states than the IN call model, there has to  be  a  mapping
from  the  IN  call  model  states  to  the  equivalent states of the
Internet  call  model  if  existing  services  are  to  be   accessed
transparently.   To  leverage  the  existing  IN  services  from  the
Internet domain, this draft proposes a mapping from the states of the
IN  call  model  to  the  states  of  SIP, an Internet call signaling
protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-to-in-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-to-in-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-to-in-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.