Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-many-ical-ski-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 06:53:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SKiCal - an adaptation of iCalendar for describing 
                          public events
	Author(s)	: G. FitzPatrick, N. Hjelm, P. Lannero
	Filename	: draft-many-ical-ski-01.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 01-Dec-99
	
This Memo defines the SKiCal format. 
SKiCal is a machine-readable and machine-understandable format for 
describing public events and other phenomena in time and space. 
SKiCal is based on and extends the iCalendar format as defined by 
RFC-2445, Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object 
Specification (iCalendar) [3]. SKiCal objects are basically 
iCalendar objects containing VEVENT components with the additions of 
new properties and property parameters. 
SKiCal takes the iCalendar paradigm further by addressing the 
commonalties of resource publishers in a  wider domain than that of 
appointments and business meetings. SKiCal is suitable for events, 
businesses, retailers and services as well as publicly accessible 
resources within the sectors of tourism, sport, culture, education 
and entertainment. 
Several examples of real events are shown (See section 8) which 
demonstrate the flexibility and compactness of SKiCal.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-many-ical-ski-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-many-ical-ski-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-many-ical-ski-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.