Subject: BCP 36, RFC 2736 on Guidelines for Writers of RTP Payload Formats

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:53:57 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 36 
        RFC 2736

        Title:	    Guidelines for Writers of RTP Payload Format
                    Specifications 
        Author(s):  M. Handley, C. Perkins
        Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       December 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 24143
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-format-guidelines-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2736.txt

This document provides general guidelines aimed at assisting the
authors of RTP Payload Format specifications in deciding on good
formats. These guidelines attempt to capture some of the experience
gained with RTP as it evolved during its development.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.