Subject: RFC 2734 on IPv4 over IEEE 1394

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 09:02:28 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2734

        Title:	    IPv4 over IEEE 1394
        Author(s):  P. Johansson
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       December 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 69314
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ip1394-ipv4-19.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2734.txt

This document specifies how to use IEEE Std 1394-1995, Standard for a
High Performance Serial Bus (and its supplements), for the transport
of Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) datagrams; it defines the
necessary methods, data structures and codes for that purpose. These
include not only packet formats and encapsulation methods for
datagrams, but also an address resolution protocol (1394 ARP) and a
multicast channel allocation protocol (MCAP). Both 1394 ARP and MCAP
are specific to Serial Bus; the latter permits management of Serial
Bus resources when used by IP multicast groups.

This document is a product of the IP Over IEEE 1394 Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.  

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.