Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-calhoun-diameter-nasreq-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 06:56:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DIAMETER NASREQ Extensions
	Author(s)	: P. Calhoun, W. Bulley, A. Rubens, J. Haag
	Filename	: draft-calhoun-diameter-nasreq-01.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 21-Dec-99
	
This document describes the DIAMETER extension that is used for AAA
in a PPP/SLIP Dial-Up and Terminal Server Access environment.  This
extension, combined with the base protocol, satisfies the
requirements defined in the NASREQ AAA criteria specification and the
ROAMOPS AAA Criteria specification.
Given that it is expected that initial deployments of the DIAMETER
protocol in a dial-up environment will include legacy systems, this
extension was carefully designed to ease the burden of servers that
must perform protocol conversion between RADIUS and DIAMETER.  This
is achieved by re-using the RADIUS address space, eliminating the
need to perform attribute lookups.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-diameter-nasreq-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-calhoun-diameter-nasreq-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-diameter-nasreq-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.