Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iesg-http-cookies-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 06:55:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IETF Steering Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Use of HTTP State Management
	Author(s)	: K. Moore, N. Freed
	Filename	: draft-iesg-http-cookies-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 07-Dec-99
	
The mechanisms described in 'HTTP State Management Mechanism'
[RFC-XXXX] and its predecessor [RFC-2109] can be used for many
different purposes. However, some current and potential uses
of the protocol are controversial because they have
significant user privacy and security implications. This memo
identifies specific uses of HTTP State Management protocol
which are either (a) not recommended by the IETF, or (b)
believed to be harmful, and discouraged.  This memo also
details additional privacy considerations which are not
covered by the HTTP State Management protocol specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iesg-http-cookies-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iesg-http-cookies-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iesg-http-cookies-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.