Subject: RFC 2735 on NHRP Support for Virtual Private Networks

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:02:49 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2735

        Title:	    NHRP Support for Virtual Private Networks
        Author(s):  B. Fox, B. Petri
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       December 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26455
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:None  
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-vpn-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2735.txt

The NBMA Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP) is used to determine the
NBMA subnetwork addresses of the "NBMA next hop" towards a public
internetworking layer address (see [1]).  This document describes the
enhancements necessary to enable NHRP to perform the same function
for private internetworking layer addresses available within the
framework of a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service on a shared NBMA
network.

This document is a product of the Internetworking Over NBMA Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited. 

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.