Subject: RFC 2756 on Hyper Text Caching Protocol (HTCP/0.0)

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:05:22 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2756

        Title:	    Hyper Text Caching Protocol (HTCP/0.0)
        Author(s):  P. Vixie, D. Wessels
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       January 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 32176
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-vixie-htcp-proto-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2756.txt

This document describes HTCP, a protocol for discovering HTTP caches
and cached data, managing sets of HTTP caches, and monitoring cache
activity.  This is an experimental protocol, one among several
proposals to perform these functions.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.