Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kadansky-tram-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:40:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Tree-based Reliable Multicast (TRAM)
	Author(s)	: M. Kadansky,  D. Chiu, J. Wesley, J. Provino
	Filename	: draft-kadansky-tram-02.txt
	Pages		: 52
	Date		: 10-Jan-00
	
This paper describes TRAM, a scalable reliable multicast transport
protocol.  TRAM is designed to support bulk data transfer from a
single sender to many receivers.  A dynamically formed repair tree
provides local error recovery allowing the multicast group to support
a large number of receivers. TRAM provides flow control, congestion
control, and other adaptive techniques necessary to operate
efficiently with other protocols.  Several bulk data applications
have been implemented with TRAM. TRAM has been tested and simulated
in a number of network environments.
This update contains a new flow and congestion control section, an
updated and expanded security section, updated packet formats to
accommodate IPV6 addressing, and several other minor updates.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kadansky-tram-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kadansky-tram-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kadansky-tram-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.