Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-iptel-trip-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 06:41:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Telephony Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Salama, M. Squire 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-iptel-trip-01.txt
	Pages		: 62
	Date		: 21-Jan-00
	
This document presents the Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP).  TRIP 
is a policy driven inter-administrative domain protocol for 
advertising the reachability of telephony destinations between 
location servers, and for advertising attributes of the routes to 
those destinations.  TRIP's operation is independent of any 
signaling protocol, hence TRIP can serve as the telephony routing 
protocol for any signaling protocol.   
The Border Gateway Protocol (BGP-4) is used to distribute routing 
information between administrative domains. TRIP is used to 
distribute telephony routing information between telephony 
administrative domains. The similarity between the two protocols is 
obvious, and hence TRIP is modeled after BGP-4.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-trip-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-iptel-trip-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-trip-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.