Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trade-xmlmsg-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 07:10:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for XML Messaging Version 1.0 Release 00
	Author(s)	: D. Burdett
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trade-xmlmsg-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 60
	Date		: 24-Jan-00
	
This specification contains requirements for a generic approach to
the reliable, resilient, secure, tamper resistant, authenticated
exchange of XML or other electronic documents over insecure transport
mechanisms.
The specification provides the requirements and framework for a set
of related specifications on XML Messaging covering:
o Requirements for XML Messaging (this paper)
o Common XML Message Elements
o Document Exchange and Transactions
o Reliable Messaging
o Secure Messaging
o Document Choreography Definitions
o Common Document Exchanges
o Transport Protocol Supplements
Although much work has been carried out on the other parts of the XML
Messaging specification described above, they are sill in development

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-xmlmsg-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-trade-xmlmsg-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-xmlmsg-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.