Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-refresh-guide-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:40:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Guidelines for Efficient LSA Refreshment in OSPF
	Author(s)	: A. Zinin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-refresh-guide-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 11-Jan-00
	
OSPF, an IGP widely deployed in IP networks today, requires each LSA
to be refreshed by the originating router every 30 minutes.  This
method increases the protocol's robustness and solves potential
problems that may be caused by software bugs, as well as some
properties of the protocol itself. Though OSPF expects each LSA to be
refreshed independently, ABRs and ASBRs tend to originate Type 3/4/5
LSAs within a short period of time, thus causing periodical network
resource exhaustion by LSA refreshments.  This document discusses the
techniques that can be used to remedy this problem and provide smooth
protocol operation. It must be noted that discussed methods can be
applied to other link-state routing protocols, such as IS-IS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-refresh-guide-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-refresh-guide-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-refresh-guide-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.