Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 06:57:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Initial IPv6 Sub-TLA ID Assignments
	Author(s)	: B. Hinden, S. Deering, B. Fink, T. Hain
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-03.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 14-Jan-00
	
This document defines initial assignments of IPv6 Sub-TLA Aggregation
Identifiers (Sub-TLA ID) to the Address Registries.  It is intended
as technical input to the IANA from the IETF IP Next Generation
(IPNG) and Next Generation Transition (NGTRANS) working groups, as an
input to the process of developing guidelines for the allocation of
IPv6 addresses.
The IAB and IESG have authorized the Internet Assigned Numbers
Authority (IANA) as the appropriate entity to have the responsibility
for the management of the IPv6 address space as defined in [ALLOC].T  The proposed initial assignment described in the document is
consistent with:
- RFC 2373,'IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture' [ARCH]
- RFC 2374 'An Aggregatable Global Unicast Address Format' [AGGR]
- RFC 2450 'Proposed TLA and NLA Assignment Rules' [TLA-RULES]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.