Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wang-mpls-loop-probe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 08:43:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A probe method in MPLS loop avoidance
	Author(s)	: W. Yahong
	Filename	: draft-wang-mpls-loop-probe-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 30-Dec-99
	
This paper introduces a very simple mechanism, based on 'probe'
message, which can be used for loop avoidance in the case that a LSP 
is changed. This probe mechanism is based on the idea that in the 
situation of one LSR has a new next hop and changes the LSP to new next
hop, if this change leads to a loop, the only reason for the loop 
formation is that the LSR changes its next hop. So that we use a very 
simple length-fixed probe message, no state is needed to keep in the 
tandem LSRs, and the message primitives are very limited and simple. 
Also this method is flexible and robust.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-mpls-loop-probe-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wang-mpls-loop-probe-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wang-mpls-loop-probe-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.