Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-onoe-proxy-server-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 06:40:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Proxy Server Configuration Option for PPP IPCP
	Author(s)	: Y. Onoe, N. Ishikawa,  M. Kondo, S. Kobayashi
	Filename	: draft-onoe-proxy-server-option-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 12-Jan-00
	
Point-to-Point Protocol(PPP) provides a standard method for
transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point links and
is generally used to connect personal computers at home or portable
terminals to the Internet using TCP/IPs over phone lines.
This document extends the Proxy Server Configuration Option for PPP 
IPCP (Internet Protocol Control Protocol) and defines negotiation of
primary and secondary proxy server addresses for Web browsing
applications.
    With this option, redundant communications for notification of proxy
    server addresses can be avoided. Moreover, automatic and easy
    configuration of proxy servers can be realized for Internet 
    beginners.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-onoe-proxy-server-option-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-onoe-proxy-server-option-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-onoe-proxy-server-option-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.