Subject: RFC 2743 on GSS-API

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:45:22 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2743

        Title:	    Generic Security Service Application Program
                    Interface Version 2, Update 1
        Author(s):  J. Linn
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       January 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      101
        Characters: 229418
	Obsoletes:  RFC 2078
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cat-rfc2078bis-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2743.txt

The Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API),
Version 2, as defined in [RFC-2078], provides security services to
callers in a generic fashion, supportable with a range of underlying
mechanisms and technologies and hence allowing source-level
portability of applications to different environments. This
specification defines GSS-API services and primitives at a level
independent of underlying mechanism and programming language
environment, and is to be complemented by other, related
specifications:

documents defining specific parameter bindings for particular
language environments

documents defining token formats, protocols, and procedures to be
implemented in order to realize GSS-API services atop particular
security mechanisms

This memo obsoletes [RFC-2078], making specific, incremental
changes in response to implementation experience and liaison
requests. It is intended, therefore, that this memo or a successor
version thereto will become the basis for subsequent progression of
the GSS-API specification on the standards track.

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.