Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shirey-security-glossary-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 06:41:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Security Glossary
	Author(s)	: R. Shirey
	Filename	: draft-shirey-security-glossary-02.txt
	Pages		: 196
	Date		: 21-Jan-00
	
This Glossary (175 pages of definitions and 12 pages of references)
provides abbreviations, explanations, and recommendations for use of
information system security terminology. The intent is to improve the
comprehensibility of writing that deals with Internet security,
particularly Internet Standards documents (ISDs). To avoid confusion,
ISDs should use the same term or definition whenever the same concept
is mentioned. To improve international understanding, ISDs should use
terms in their plainest, dictionary sense. ISDs should use terms
established in standards documents and other well-founded
publications and should avoid substituting private or newly made-up
terms. ISDs should avoid terms that are proprietary or otherwise
favor a particular vendor, or that create a bias toward a particular
security technology or mechanism versus other, competing techniques
that already exist or might be developed in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shirey-security-glossary-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shirey-security-glossary-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shirey-security-glossary-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.