Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-text-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 06:56:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload for Text Conversation
	Author(s)	: G. Hellstrom
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-text-03.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 19-Jan-00
	
This memo describes how to carry text conversation session contents
in RTP packets. Text conversation session contents is specified in
ITU-T Recommendation T.140 [1]. 
Text conversation is used alone or in connection to other
conversational facilities such as video and voice, to form multimedia
conversation services.
This RTP payload description contains an optional possibility to
include redundant text from already transmitted packets in order to
reduce the risk of text loss caused by packet loss. The redundancy
coding follows RFC 2198.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-text-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-text-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-text-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.