Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-serverfeatures-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 06:58:57 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mandating SIP Extension Support by Servers
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-serverfeatures-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 19-Jan-00
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) defines mechanims that allow a
client to mandate that a server support specific extensions in order
to process a request. However, there is currently no way for a server
to ask for, and a client to indicate, what features a server might
use in a response. This capability is needed for numerous extensions
currently under development, such as provisional response reliability
and the session progress message. This document defines a SIP
extension that allows servers to mandate that clients understand
certain features in order to process a response.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-serverfeatures-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-serverfeatures-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-serverfeatures-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.