Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-zeroconf-reqts-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:40:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Zero Configuration Networking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ZeroConf Requirements
	Author(s)	: M. Hattig
	Filename	: draft-ietf-zeroconf-reqts-02.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 11-Jan-00
	
Zero Configuration (Zeroconf) Networks are a particular class of
TCP/IP networks that may be established in the home, in small
offices or even for an adhoc purpose. Zeroconf networks do not
have and should not be expected to have user configurable network
infrastructure such as DHCP, DNS and other administered services.
This is because typical Zeroconf network users neither have the
skill nor desire to configure, administer, or manage a network.
This document presents Zeroconf protocol requirements for four
areas: IP host configuration, domain name to IP address
resolution, IP multicast address allocation, and service
discovery. Security issues and the transitions between a Zeroconf
protocol and a non-Zeroconf protocol are also discussed within
each protocol area.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-zeroconf-reqts-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-zeroconf-reqts-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-zeroconf-reqts-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.