Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jonsson-robust-hc-03.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 06:46:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RObust Checksum-based header COmpression (ROCCO)
	Author(s)	: L. Jonsson, M. Degermark, H. Hannu, K. Svanbro
	Filename	: draft-jonsson-robust-hc-03.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 57
	Date		: 20-Jan-00
	
IP/UDP/RTP header compression [CRTP] can generate a large number of
lost packets when used over links with significant error rates,
especially when the round-trip time of the link is large.
This document describes a more robust header compression scheme. The
scheme is adaptable to the characteristics of the link over which it
is used and also to the properties of the packet streams it
compresses. Robustness against link-loss is achieved without
decreasing compression efficiency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jonsson-robust-hc-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jonsson-robust-hc-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jonsson-robust-hc-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.