Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-petri-mobileip-pipe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 06:45:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Private IP Encapsulation within IP (PIPE)
	Author(s)	: B. Petri
	Filename	: draft-petri-mobileip-pipe-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 20-Jan-00
	
RFC 2003 specifies a method by which an IP datagram may be
encapsulated (carried as payload) within an IP datagram. This is a
means to alter the normal IP routing for datagrams, by delivering
them to an intermediate destination that would otherwise not be
selected by the (network part of the) IP Destination Address field in
the original IP header.
This draft allows to extend this encapsulation mechanism also for
private IP addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petri-mobileip-pipe-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-petri-mobileip-pipe-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-petri-mobileip-pipe-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.