Subject: Document Action: A Model for Presence and Instant Messaging to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 07:46:24 -0500

The IESG has approved the the following Internet-Drafts as Informational RFCs:

o A Model for Presence and Instant Messaging
	<draft-ietf-impp-model-03.txt> 
o  Instant Messaging / Presence Protocol Requirements 
	<draft-ietf-impp-reqts-03.txt> 

These documents are the product of the Instant Messaging and Presence
Protocol Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Keith Moore and
Patrik Faltstrom.
 
RFC-Editor note:

(1) draft-ietf-impp-model-03.txt

(1.1) In section 2, REPLACE first paragraph:

A presence and instant messaging system allows users to subscribe to
each other and be notified of changes in state, and for users to send
each other short instant messages. A number of requirements and
protocols have been proposed to support it [WHODP, ENVY, PRESENCE,
RVP-ADDR, RPIM, SIP-PIP, PIPR, RVP].  To facilitate development of a
suite of protocols to provide this service, we believe that it is

WITH the following

A presence and instant messaging system allows users to subscribe to
each other and be notified of changes in state, and for users to send
each other short instant messages. To facilitate development of a
suite of protocols to provide this service, we believe that it is

(1.2) In the reference section, please REMOVE the following references:

[ENVY] M. Day. ''HTTP Envy'' and Presence Information Protocols.
Internet-Draft draft-day-envy-00.txt

[PIPR] M. Calsyn, L. Dusseault. Presence Information Protocol
Requirements. Internet-Draft draft-dusseault-pipr-00.txt

[PRESENCE] V. Saraswat, J. Malcolm, C. Apple. The Presence
Protocol. Internet-Draft draft-saraswat-presenceprotocol-00.txt

[RPIM] M. Day. Requirements for Presence and Instant Messaging.
Internet-Draft draft-day-rpim-00.txt

[RVP-ADDR] L. Dusseault, G. Mohr. Addressing and Location for
RVP. Internet-Draft draft-dusseault-rvp-addr-00.txt

[RVP] M. Calsyn, L. Dusseault, G. Mohr. RVP: A Presence Notification
Protocol. Internet-Draft draft-calsyn-rvp-01.txt

[SIP-PIP] J. Rosenberg, H.Schulzrinne. SIP For Presence.
Internet-Draft draft-rosenberg-sip-pip-00.txt

[WHODP] G. Mohr. WhoDP: Widely Hosted Object Data Protocol.
Internet-Draft draft-mohr-whodp-00.txt

(2) draft-ietf-impp-reqts-04.txt

(2.1) In the references section, please REMOVE, the following references:

[Aggarwal et al., 1998]
S. Aggarwal, M. Day, G. Mohr, "Presence Information Protocol
Requirements", Work in progress, draft-aggarwal-pip-reqts-00.txt

[Day, 1998]
M. Day, "Requirements for Presence and Instant Messaging",
Work in progress, draft-day-rpim-00.txt

[Calsyn & Dusseault, 1998]
M. Calsyn and L. Dusseault. "Presence Information Protocol
Requirements", Work in progress, draft-dusseault-pipr-00.txt