Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-basak-mpls-oxc-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 06:45:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multi-protocol Lambda Switching: Issues in Combining 
                          MPLS Traffic Engineering Control With Optical 
                          Crossconnects
	Author(s)	: D. Basak, D. Awduche,  J. Drake, Y. Rekhter
	Filename	: draft-basak-mpls-oxc-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 20-Jan-00
	
This document describes domain specific enhancements needed to adapt
MPLS traffic engineering control plane constructs to control optical
crossconnects in emerging automatically switched optical transport
networks. These enhancements are within the framework of
Multiprotocol LAMBDA switching proposed in [1]. Specifically, this
memo investigates the behavior of the MPLS based control plane
technique for OXCs, and identifies enhancements required to both OXCs
and to existing MPLS control constructs (routing and signaling
protocols) to support the application to OXCs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-basak-mpls-oxc-issues-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-basak-mpls-oxc-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-basak-mpls-oxc-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.