Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-conneg-w3c-ccpp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 06:57:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: W3C Composite Capability/Preference Profiles
	Author(s)	: G. Klyne
	Filename	: draft-klyne-conneg-w3c-ccpp-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 14-Jan-00
	
This document suggests some possible areas for extending the IETF
'conneg' working group's capability description framework,
described in [2,3,4].  The suggested areas for extension have been
motivated by WWW Consortium (W3C) work on Composite
Capability/Preference Profiles (CCPP) [5] that parallels some
aspects of the IETF 'conneg' work.
This is presented as a discussion document, with a view to maybe
integrating some of these ideas into ongoing 'conneg' work, and to
indicate some areas for ongoing collaboration between the IETF and
W3C in the area of content description.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klyne-conneg-w3c-ccpp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-klyne-conneg-w3c-ccpp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-klyne-conneg-w3c-ccpp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.