Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:39:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Foreign Agent Assisted Hand-off
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, P. Calhoun
	Filename	: draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 10-Jan-00
	
The Mobile IP WG has been investigating how its protocol can be used
in environments that require fast hand-off, especially important for
real-time applications such as voice and video.  Certain link layers,
such as those used in cellular networks, allow for the measurement of
signal strength, which is typically used to determine when a hand-off
is required. This specification defines extensions to the Mobile IP
protocol, which allows the Foreign Agent to send an unsolicited
message to the Mobile Node, requesting that the Mobile Node register
with a new Foreign Agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.