Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-odmrp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 06:52:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: On-Demand Multicast Routing Protocol (ODMRP) for 
                          Ad-Hoc Networks
	Author(s)	: S. Lee, W. Su, M. Gerla
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-odmrp-02.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 04-Jan-00
	
On-Demand Multicast Routing Protocol (ODMRP) is a multicast routing
protocol designed for ad-hoc networks with mobile hosts. ODMRP is
a mesh-based, rather than a conventional tree-based, multicast
scheme and uses a Forwarding Group concept (only a subset of nodes
forwards the multicast packets via scoped flooding). It applies
on-demand procedures to dynamically set up routes and maintain
multicast group membership. ODMRP is well suited for ad-hoc
wireless networks with mobile hosts where bandwidth is limited,
topology changes frequently and rapidly, and power is constrained.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-odmrp-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-odmrp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-odmrp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.