Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 06:35:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Location Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definition of the Printer Abstract Service Type
	Author(s)	: P. St. Pierre, S. Isaacson, I. McDonald
	Filename	: draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-05.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 01-Feb-00
	
This document is a product of the Service Location and Internet
Printing Protocol Working Groups of the Internet Engineering Task
Force (IETF).  Comments should be sent to the [email-masked] and
[email-masked] mailing lists.  
This document defines the 'printer:' abstract service type and the
attributes associated with it.  This 'printer:' service template is
designed to be used in conjunction with the Service Location
Protocol, Version 2 (SLPv2) [13], but may be used with any directory
service which supports attribute/value pair registration, such as the
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, Version 3 (LDAPv3, RFC 2251).
The 'printer:' service type is specified as an abstract service type.
Printers advertised with the 'printer:' abstract service type may be 
accessible by one or more print protocols, such as IPP [3] and LPR
[2].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.