Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-bcp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 06:40:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PPP Bridging Control Protocol (BCP)
	Author(s)	: M. Higashiyama, F. Baker
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-bcp-03.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 02-Feb-00
	
The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) [6] provides a standard method for
transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point links.  PPP
defines an extensible Link Control Protocol, and proposes a family of
Network Control Protocols for establishing and configuring different
network-layer protocols.
This document defines the Network Control Protocol for establishing
and configuring Remote Bridging for PPP links.
This document obsoletes RFC 1638, which was based on the IEEE
802.1D-1993 MAC Bridge[3]. This document extends that specification
by including the IEEE 802.1D-1998 MAC Bridge[8] and IEEE 802.1Q
Virtual LAN (VLAN)[9] standards. This document also improves the
protocol in order to support high-speed switched LANs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-bcp-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-bcp-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-bcp-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.