Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lovric-francetelecom-satellites-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 06:37:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Pre-filling a cache - A satellite overview
	Author(s)	: C. Goutard, I. Lovric,  E. Maschio-Esposito
	Filename	: draft-lovric-francetelecom-satellites-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 21-Feb-00
	
Today, satellites are becoming major vectors of the information
diffusion on the Internet. Their use can prove to be fully useful for
the cache pre-filling because they allow big volumes of data to be
transferred at high speed (up to 45 Mb/s) and to be distributed
simultaneously on several reception dishes. When having this pre-
filling information on the cache, users can benefit from better access
time to the stored pages.
In this context, the satellite allows the quality of service for the
end user to be improved by optimizing satellite links and by
transferring large volumes of data directly only when the traffic on
the network is low.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lovric-francetelecom-satellites-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lovric-francetelecom-satellites-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lovric-francetelecom-satellites-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.