Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chaudhuri-ip-olxc-control-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 06:33:52 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Control of Lightpaths in an Optical Network
	Author(s)	: S. Chaudhuri, J. Yates
	Filename	: draft-chaudhuri-ip-olxc-control-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 14-Feb-00
	
This  document  details  requirements  and  mechanisms  for  optical
bandwidth management and restoration in a dynamically reconfigurable
optical network.  A management approach is described where IP
algorithms and mechanisms are used to control optical resources,
paving  the  way  for  the  optical  Internet.    The  proposal  is
specifically  intended  for  optical  internetworking  in  which  IP
routers are connected by the reconfigurable optical layer using
lightpaths.  However, it is assumed that the same methodology will
be used for non-IP traffic as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chaudhuri-ip-olxc-control-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chaudhuri-ip-olxc-control-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chaudhuri-ip-olxc-control-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.