Subject: RFC 2773 on Encryption using KEA and SKIPJACK

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:10:37 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2773

        Title:	    Encryption using KEA and SKIPJACK
        Author(s):  R. Housley, P. Yee, W. Nace
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       February 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 20008
	Updates:    959
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cat-ftpkeasj-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2773.txt

This document defines a method to encrypt a file transfer using the
FTP specification STD 9, RFC 959, "File Transfer Protocol (FTP)",
(October 1985) [3] and RFC 2228, "FTP Security Extensions" (October
1997) [1].  This method will use the Key Exchange Algorithm (KEA) to
give mutual authentication and establish the data encryption keys.
SKIPJACK is used to encrypt file data and the FTP command channel.

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.