Subject: RFC 2775 on Internet Transparency

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:51:10 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2775

        Title:	    Internet Transparency
        Author(s):  B. Carpenter
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       February 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 42956
	Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None    
        I-D Tag:    draft-carpenter-transparency-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2775.txt

This document describes the current state of the Internet
from the architectural viewpoint, concentrating on issues
of end-to-end connectivity and transparency. It concludes with a
summary of some major architectural alternatives facing the Internet
network layer.
 
This document was used as input to the IAB workshop on the future of
the network layer held in July 1999. For this reason, it does not
claim to be complete and definitive, and it refrains from making
recommendations.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.