Subject: RFC 2771 on Abstract API for Multicast Address Allocation

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:17:05 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2771

        Title:	    An Abstract API for Multicast Address Allocation 
        Author(s):  R. Finlayson
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       February 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 20954
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-malloc-api-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2771.txt

This document describes the "abstract service interface" for the
dynamic multicast address allocation service, as seen by applications.
While it does not describe a concrete API (i.e., for a specific
programming language), it describes - in abstract terms - the
semantics of this service, including the guarantees that it makes to
applications. 
 
Additional documents (not necessarily products of the IETF) would 
describe concrete APIs for this service.

This document is a product of the Multicast-Address Allocation Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.