Subject: RFC 2765 on SIIT

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 15:53:13 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2765

        Title:	    Stateless IP/ICMP Translation Algorithm (SIIT)
        Author(s):  E. Nordmark
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       February 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 59465
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2765.txt

This document specifies a transition mechanism algorithm in addition
to the mechanisms already specified in [TRANS-MECH].  The algorithm
translates between IPv4 and IPv6 packet headers (including ICMP
headers) in separate translator "boxes" in the network without
requiring any per-connection state in those "boxes".  This new
algorithm can be used as part of a solution that allows IPv6 hosts,
which do not have a permanently assigned IPv4 addresses, to
communicate with IPv4-only hosts.  The document neither specifies
address assignment nor routing to and from the IPv6 hosts when they
communicate with the IPv4-only hosts.

This document is a product of the Next Generation Transition Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.