Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-te-feed-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 06:32:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IMPROVING TOPOLOGY DATA BASE ACCURACY WITH LSP  
                          FEEDBACK VIA CR-LDP
	Author(s)	: P. Ashwood-Smith,  B. Jamoussi, D. Fedyk,D. Skalecki
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-te-feed-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 24-Feb-00
	
One key component of traffic engineering is a concept known as
constraint based routing. In constraint based routing a topology
database is maintained on all participating nodes. This database
contains a complete list of all the links in the network that
participate in traffic engineering and for each of these links a set
of constraints which those links can meet. Bandwidth, for example,
is one essential constraint. Since the bandwidth available changes
as new LSPs are established and terminated the topology database
will develop inconsistencies with respect to the real network. It is
not possible to increase the flooding rates arbitrarily to keep the
database discrepancies from growing. We propose a new mechanism
whereby a source node can learn about the successes or failures of
its path selections by receiving feedback from the paths it is
attempting. This fed-back information can be incorporated into
subsequent route computations, which greatly improves the accuracy
of the overall routing solution by significantly reducing the
database discrepancies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-te-feed-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-te-feed-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-te-feed-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.