Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-krishnaswamy-mpls-son-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 06:25:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MPLS control plane for Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Krishnaswamy, G. Newsome, J. Gajewski,
                          A. Rodriguez-Moral,  S. Shew, M. Mayer	
        Filename	: draft-krishnaswamy-mpls-son-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 28-Feb-00
	
The advent of switched multi-channel (WDM) optical networks using
OXCs (Optical Cross-connects) presents many new opportunities for
supporting faster and more flexible provision of IP services.  Key to
realizing such opportunities is providing the ability to
automatically set-up and tear-down paths (optical channels) across
the optical network, and provide means for IP services to leverage
this capability. Therefore, it is necessary to establish supporting
protocols and mechanisms. In this draft we study the requirements and
mechanisms for optical network topology discovery, signaling path
setup, data path computation, and optical channel set-up. We leverage
MPLS and other IP based protocols as a basis for achieving the above
objectives.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krishnaswamy-mpls-son-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-krishnaswamy-mpls-son-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-krishnaswamy-mpls-son-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.