Subject: RFC 2751 on Signaled Preemption Priority Policy Element

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 12:18:37 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2751

        Title:	    Signaled Preemption Priority Policy Element
        Author(s):  S. Herzog
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       January 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 21451
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rap-signaled-priority-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2751.txt

This document describes a preemption priority policy element for use
by signaled policy based admission protocols (such as [RSVP] and
[COPS]). 
 
Preemption priority defines a relative importance (rank) within the
set of flows competing to be admitted into the network. Rather than 
admitting flows by order of arrival (First Come First Admitted)
network nodes may consider priorities to preempt some previously
admitted low priority flows in order to make room for a newer,
high-priority flow. 

This document is a product of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.  

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.