Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 11:41:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LDAP Authentication Response Control
	Author(s)	: R. Weltman, M. Smith	
        Filename	: draft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-01.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 08-Feb-00
	
This document defines support for the Authentication Response
Control. Controls are an LDAP protocol version 3 extension, to allow
passing arbitrary control information along with a standard request
to a server, and to receive arbitrary information back with a
standard result. The Authentication Response Control may be returned
by an LDAP server in a bind response to a client authenticating with
version 3 of the LDAP protocol. The control contains the identity
assumed by the client. This is useful when there is a mapping step or
other indirection during the bind, so that the client can be told
what LDAP identity was granted. Client authentication with
certificates is the primary situation where this applies. Also, some
SASL authentication mechanisms may not involve the client explicitly
providing a DN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.