Subject: Protocol Action: RTP Payload for Text Conversation to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:21:03 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'RTP Payload for Text
Conversation' <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-text-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Scott Bradner and Vern Paxson.

Technical Summary
 
 This document defines a way to carry low-rate text in RTP packets,
 in accordance with ITU-T Recommendation T.140.  The payload format
 provides for non-duplicated, in-order delivery, with loss detection
 and optional limited loss recovery via redundancy.

Working Group Summary

 The initial draft was revised as a result of input from the working
 group and there is good working group consensus for publishing the
 document.

Protocol Quality

 Vern Paxson reviewed the the spec for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor:

The IESG requests that the Revision History section at the end of the
document be removed prior to publication as an RFC.