Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-atm-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 06:32:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF over ATM and Proxy PAR
	Author(s)	: A. Przygienda, P. Droz, R. Haas
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-atm-04.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 24-Feb-00
	
This draft specifies, for OSPF implementors and users, mechanisms
describing how the protocol operates in ATM networks over PVC and SVC
meshes with the presence of Proxy-PAR. These recommendations require no
protocol changes and allow simpler, more efficient and cost-effective
network designs. It is recommended that OSPF implementations should be
able to support logical interfaces, each consisting of one or more vir-
tual circuits and used either as numbered logical point-to-point links
(one VC), logical NBMA networks (more than one VC) or Point-to-Multi-
Point networks (more than one VC), where a solution simulating broadcast
interfaces is not appropriate. PAR can help distribute across the ATM
cloud configuration setup and changes of such interfaces when OSPF capa-
ble routers are (re-)configured.  Proxy-PAR can in turn be used to
exchange this information between the ATM cloud and the routers con-
nected to it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-atm-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-atm-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-atm-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.