Subject: RFC 2755 on Security Negotiation for WebNFS

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 10:20:11 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2755

        Title:	    Security Negotiation for WebNFS
        Author(s):  A. Chiu, M. Eisler, B. Callaghan
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       January 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23493
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-chiu-network-wnfs-sec-nego-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2755.txt

This document describes a protocol for a WebNFS client [RFC2054] to
negotiate the desired security mechanism with a WebNFS server
[RFC2055] before the WebNFS client falls back to the MOUNT v3 protocol
[RFC1813].  This document is provided so that people can write
compatible implementations.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.