Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gellens-acap-sieve-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 06:25:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ACAP Profile for Sieve Script Access
	Author(s)	: R. Gellens
	Filename	: draft-gellens-acap-sieve-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 28-Feb-00
	
The Sieve [SIEVE] language provides a very useful interoperable
syntax for mail filtering.  The Email Account Dataset Class
[ACAP-EMAIL] provides an extensible and interoperable means of
accessing and controlling Sieve scripts, but requires an ACAP [ACAP]
server.
This memo proposes a profile of ACAP which is suitable for accessing
Sieve scripts, very easy to implement in clients and servers, and
upwardly compatible with ACAP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gellens-acap-sieve-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gellens-acap-sieve-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gellens-acap-sieve-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.