Subject: RFC 2762 on RTP Sampling

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 08:41:27 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2762

        Title:	    Sampling of the Group Membership in RTP
        Author(s):  J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       February 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25796
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2762.txt

In large multicast groups, the size of the group membership table
maintained by RTP (Real Time Transport Protocol) participants may
become unwieldy, particularly for embedded devices with limited
memory and processing power. This document discusses mechanisms for
sampling of this group membership table in order to reduce the memory
requirements. Several mechanisms are proposed, and the performance of
each is considered.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF.  

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.