Subject: RFC 2760 on Ongoing TCP Research Related to Satellites

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 09:24:20 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2760

        Title:	    Ongoing TCP Research Related to Satellites
        Author(s):  M. Allman, S. Dawkins, D. Glover, J. Griner,
                    D. Tran, T. Henderson, J. Heidemann, J. Touch,
                    H. Kruse, S. Ostermann, K. Scott, J. Semke
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       February 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]  
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 111141
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-12.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2760.txt

This document outlines possible TCP enhancements that may allow TCP
to better utilize the available bandwidth provided by networks
containing satellite links.  The algorithms and mechanisms outlined
have not been judged to be mature enough to be recommended by the
IETF.  The goal of this document is to educate researchers as to the
current work and progress being done in TCP research related to
satellite networks.

This document is a product of the TCP Over Satellite Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.