Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eklof-dag-experiences-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 06:37:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Wide Area Directory Deployment Experiences	   
        Author(s)	: T. Eklof, L. Daigle
 	Filename	: draft-eklof-dag-experiences-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 21-Feb-00
	
The TISDAG (Technical Infrastructure for Swedish Directory Access
Gateway) project provided valuable insight into the current reality
of deploying a wide-scale directory service.  This document
catalogues some of the experiences gained in developing the necessary
infrastructure for a national (i.e., multi-organizational) directory
service and pilot deployment of the service in an environment with
off-the-shelf directory service products.  A perspective on the
project's relationship to other directory deployment projects is
provided, along with some proposals for future extensions of the work
(larger scale deployment, other application areas).

   These are our own observations, based on work done and general
   project discussions. No doubt, other project participants have their

   own list of project experiences; we don't claim this document is
   exhaustive!

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eklof-dag-experiences-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eklof-dag-experiences-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eklof-dag-experiences-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.