Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-spirits-lucentocc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 06:27:57 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service in the PSTN/IN Requesting InTernet Service Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: On a pre-SPIRITS Implementation in the Lucent Technologies Online Communications Center
	Author(s)	: I. Faynberg, H. Lu, J. Voelker, M. Weissman, W. Zhang
	Filename	: draft-ietf-spirits-lucentocc-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 16-Feb-00
	
This document describes the pre-SPIRITS Implementation of the
SPIRITS-like services in the Lucent Technologies Online
Communications Center (OCC). To this end, this document is a
contribution to the future Informational RFC, which is to be
published by the SPIRITS WG as indicated in its charter.
On the PSTN side, the OCC platform systematically uses the
Intelligent Network (IN) solutions, which were industry-proven to be
reliable, scalable, and compatible with the existing PSTN
infrastructure and services, yet easily adaptable to the Internet
requirements. Other essential elements of the platform include the
use of
1) Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) messaging services
2) Point-to-Point (PPP) Protocol
3) Interactions with the Voice-over-IP (VoIP) Gateway and Gatekeeper
for establishing the combined voice path through PSTN and Internet
4) Microsoft NetMeeting (tm) software at the end-users' PCs (or
Internet appliances)
5) Java (tm) Run-Time Environment (JRE), and
6) 1.2 Java Native Interface (JNI) for certain security capabilities

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-lucentocc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-spirits-lucentocc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-lucentocc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.