Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hakala-nbn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 06:21:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using National Bibliography Numbers as Uniform 
                          Resource Names
	Author(s)	: J. Hakala
	Filename	: draft-hakala-nbn-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 25-Feb-00
	
This document discusses how national bibliography numbers (persistent 
and unique identifiers assigned by the national libraries) can be 
supported within the URN framework and the syntax for URNs defined in 
RFC 2141 [Moats].Much of the discussion below is based on the ideas 
expressed in RFC 2288 [Lynch]. Chapter 5 contains a URN namespace 
registration request modelled according to the template in RFC 2611 
[Daigle et al.].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hakala-nbn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hakala-nbn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hakala-nbn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.