Subject: Document Action: Internet Relay Chat: Architecture to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 10:36:20 -0500

The IESG has approved publication of the following Internet-Drafts as
Informational RFCs. These documents have been reviewed in the IETF but
are not the product of an IETF Working Group.

  o Internet Relay Chat: Architecture
	<draft-kalt-irc-arch-00.txt>
    Internet Relay Chat: Channel Management
	<draft-kalt-irc-chan-01.txt>
    Internet Relay Chat: Client Protocol
	<draft-kalt-irc-client-03.txt>
    Internet Relay Chat: Server Protocol
	<draft-kalt-irc-server-02.txt>

The IESG contact persons are Patrik Faltstrom and Keith Moore.

Note to RFC Editor:

The IESG requests the following text be included with
draft-kalt-irc-client-03.txt as an IESG Note:

  The IRC protocol itself enables several possibilities of transferring
  data between clients, and just like with other transfer mechanisms
  like email, the receiver of the data has to be careful about how the
  data is handled. For more information on security issues with the IRC
  protocol, see for example http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/.