Subject: RFC 2753 on Framework for Policy-based Admission Control

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 12:29:16 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2753

        Title:	    A Framework for Policy-based Admission Control
        Author(s):  R. Yavatkar, D. Pendarakis, R. Guerin
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       January 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 49763
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rap-framework-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2753.txt

This document is concerned with specifying a framework for providing
policy-based control over admission control decisions. In particular,
it focuses on policy-based control over admission control using RSVP
as an example of the QoS signaling mechanism. Even though the focus of
the work is on RSVP-based admission control, the document outlines a
framework that can provide policy-based admission control in other QoS
contexts. We argue that policy-based control must be applicable to
different kinds and qualities of services offered in the same network
and our goal is to consider such extensions whenever possible. 

This document is a product of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.