Subject: RFC 2772 on 6Bone Backbone Routing Guidelines

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:20:14 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2772

        Title:	    6Bone Backbone Routing Guidelines
        Author(s):  R. Rockell, R. Fink
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       February 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28565
	Obsoletes:  2546
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ngtrans-harden-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2772.txt

The 6Bone is an Ipv6 testbed to assist in the evolution and deployment
of IPv6. Because of this, it is important that the core backbone of
the IPv6 network maintain stability, and that all operators have a
common set of rules and guidelines by which to deploy IPv6 routing
equipment. 
 
This document provides a set of guidelines for all 6bone routing
equipment operators to use as a reference for efficient and stable
deployment of 6bone routing systems. As the complexity of the 6Bone
grows,the adherence to a common set of rules becomes increasingly
important in order for an efficient, scalable backbone to exist.

This document is a product of the Next Generation Transition Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.