Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kempf-sip-findsrv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:40:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Finding a SIP Server With SLP
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-kempf-sip-findsrv-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 15-Feb-00
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) allows a user to communicate
with a local SIP proxy and registrar, primarily for registration
services and the execution of certain features. Currently, SIP
allows for discovery of these servers through multicast or
through static configuration. In many cases, it may be more
useful for a SIP client to discover local SIP servers based
on features supported by those servers. In this document, an alternate
technique is specified based on Service Location Protocol (SLP).
The document contains a short description of how to use SLP for service
discovery, and a SIP service type template. The service type template
defines the attributes and service URL for a SIP server advertisement,
suitable for SIP clients to discover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-sip-findsrv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kempf-sip-findsrv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kempf-sip-findsrv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.