Subject: RFC 2763 on Dynamic Hostname

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 16:08:36 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2763

        Title:	    Dynamic Hostname Exchange Mechanism for IS-IS 
        Author(s):  N. Shen, H. Smit
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       February 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8593 
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-dyname-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2763.txt

Currently, there does not exist a simple and dynamic mechanism for
routers running IS-IS to learn about symbolic hostnames. This
document defines a new TLV which allows the IS-IS routers to flood
their name to system ID mapping information across the IS-IS network.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.