Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 06:34:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over Cable Data Network Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Baseline Privacy Interface Management Information
                          Base for DOCSIS Compliant Cable Modems and Cable  
                          Modem Termination Systems                  
	Author(s)	: R. Woundy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-01.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 17-Feb-00
	
This memo defines an experimental portion of the Management
Information Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in
the Internet community.  In particular, it defines a basic set of
managed objects for SNMP-based management of the Baseline Privacy
Interface, which provides data privacy for DOCSIS 1.0 compliant Cable
Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems. This MIB is defined as an
extension to the DOCSIS Radio Frequency Interface MIB, RFC 2670.
This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is compliant to the
SNMPv2 SMI.  The set of objects is consistent with the SNMP framework
and existing SNMP standards.
This memo does not specify a standard for the Internet community.
This memo is a product of the IPCDN working group within the Internet
Engineering Task Force.  Comments are solicited and should be
addressed to the working group's mailing list at [email-masked]
and/or the author.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.