Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-impp-pidf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 06:26:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Instant Messaging and Presence Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Presence Information Data Format for IMPP
	Author(s)	: H. Sugano, C. Vermeulen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-impp-pidf-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 18-Feb-00
	
This document is the first output from the PIDF team working to define
Presence Information Data Format, the format for conveying PRESENCE 
INFORMATION on the transport protocol of IMPP.  It describes the
current status of discussion on the IMPP mailing list in relation to 
the scope of PIDF and the PIDF concrete format.  The discussion is 
on-going at present and a future version of this series of 
Internet-Draft will eventually specify a concrete format of PIDF in 
conformance with the PITP (Presence Information Transport Protocol) 
specification and the IMPP Requirements [Reqts].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-pidf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-impp-pidf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-pidf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.