Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-csapuntz-tcprdma-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 06:21:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TCP RDMA option
	Author(s)	: C. Sapuntzakis, D. Cheriton
	Filename	: draft-csapuntz-tcprdma-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 25-Feb-00
	
The TCP option introduced in this draft reduces the overhead of
receiving data with TCP-based protocols such as NFS and HTTP.  It
enables the construction of a simple hardware accelerator that
copies data directly from the incoming packet into application
buffers, avoiding expensive copies in the protocol stack.  Even
without hardware acceleration, the option enables the protocol
stack to decrease the number of copies it must do.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-csapuntz-tcprdma-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-csapuntz-tcprdma-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-csapuntz-tcprdma-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.