Subject: RFC 2769 on Routing Policy System Replication

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:13:17 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2769

        Title:	    Routing Policy System Replication
        Author(s):  C. Villamizar, C. Alaettinoglu, R. Govindan,
                    D. Meyer 
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       February 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 95255
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rps-dist-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2769.txt

The RIPE database specifications and RPSL define languages used as
the basis for representing information in a routing policy system.
A repository for routing policy system information is known as a
routing registry.  A routing registry provides a means of exchanging
information needed to address many issues of importance to the
operation of the Internet.  The implementation and deployment of a
routing policy system must maintain some degree of integrity to be
of any use.  The Routing Policy System Security RFC [3] addresses the
need to assure integrity of the data by proposing an authentication
and authorization model.  This document addresses the need to
distribute data over multiple repositories and delegate authority
for data subsets to other repositories without compromising the
authorization model established in Routing Policy System Security
RFC.

This document is a product of the Routing Policy System Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.