Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-matthews-mpls-ldp-ibb-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 06:26:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LDP/CR-LDP Session Reestablishment -- I'll Be Back
	Author(s)	: P. Matthews
	Filename	: draft-matthews-mpls-ldp-ibb-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 23-Feb-00
	
This contribution proposes modifications to the LDP and CR-LDP 
protocols that allow an LDP or CR-LDP session to be reestablished 
using a new TCP connection if the old TCP connection goes down 
unexpectedly. It also proposes that, in certain situations, an LSR 
continue to use the label bindings associated with a session for a 
short time after the session goes down, to allow forwarding to 
continue uninterrupted while the two peer LSRs attempt to 
reestablish the session. These modifications allow an LSR to easily 
implement hitless software upgrades and hitless activity switches.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matthews-mpls-ldp-ibb-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-matthews-mpls-ldp-ibb-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-matthews-mpls-ldp-ibb-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.