Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nasreq-ext-radiuspract-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:40:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Access Server Requirements Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Access Servers Requirements: Extended RADIUS  
                          Practices
	Author(s)	: D. Mitton
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nasreq-ext-radiuspract-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 15-Feb-00
	
This document describes current practices implemented in NAS products
that go beyond the scope of the RADIUS RFCs 2138, 2139 [1,2]. The pur-
pose of this effort is to give examples that show the need for address-
ing and standardizing these types of ad-hoc functions.  Since many of
these features require a matching server support component, the ability
to deploy and manage interoperable NAS and AAA server products is
severely hindered.
These practices are documented here to show functions that are obviously
desired in developing future AAA protocols for NAS deployment.
This document is a draft submission of the Network Access Server
Requirements (NASREQ) Working Group of the Internet Engineering Task
Force (IETF).  Comments should be submitted to the mailing list
[email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nasreq-ext-radiuspract-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nasreq-ext-radiuspract-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nasreq-ext-radiuspract-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.