Subject: Protocol Action: Charter of the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:19:25 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Charter of the Internet
Architecture Board (IAB)' <draft-iab-rfc1601bis-04.txt> as a BCP.
This document is the product of the Internet Architecture Board. 

The IESG contact person is Fred Baker.

Technical Summary
 
This document replaces RFC 1601, the IAB Charter. It describes the IAB's
Membership, roles, and organization, including its relationship with
several other organizations including the IETF, IRTF, and other standards
bodies.

This document replaces [RFC 1601]. The principal change is the removal of
material now covered in [BCP 8], [BCP 9] and [BCP 10], with many consequent
editorial changes.  Additional changes are:

    - note on openness and confidentiality
    - addition of liaison seats for the Internet Society and the IANA
    - revised text concerning the IANA and the RFC Editor
    - clarifications following legal review

Working Group Summary

There was not significant dissent during the document development or the
last call process, although some comments from the community were received.

Protocol Quality

The specification was reviewed by the IAB, and for the IESG by Fred Baker.
To our knowledge, there is only one implementation. That is believed to be
enough.