Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nordmark-ipv6-aaa-hooks-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:16:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 hooks for AAA registration and 'host routing'
	Author(s)	: E. Nordmark
	Filename	: draft-nordmark-ipv6-aaa-hooks-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 15-Mar-00
	
This document specifies extensions to IPv6 Neighbor Discovery that
allow routers to ask hosts to periodically register.  Two types of
registrations are defined: to register with an AAA server using an
AAA protocol, and to register with the routers using unsolicited
Neighbor Advertisement messages to allow hosts to move between some
links while keeping the same IPv6 address.  In the latter case the
routers would use the registrations to inject host routes in a 'local
area'.
The purpose of this document is to stimulate discussion on how to
make IPv6 a good choice for wireless networks that have requirements
on 'local' mobility and/or AAA functionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-ipv6-aaa-hooks-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nordmark-ipv6-aaa-hooks-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-ipv6-aaa-hooks-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.