Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-interdomain-sip-qos-osp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:23:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Interdomain IP Communications with QoS, Authorization 
                          and Usage Reporting
	Author(s)	: H. Sinnreich, S. Thomas, S. Donovan, D. Rawlins
	Filename	: draft-sinnreich-interdomain-sip-qos-osp-01.txt
	Pages		: 59
	Date		: 14-Mar-00
	
Commercial grade IP telephony requires linkage between call setup,
end-to-end QoS setup, interdomain authorization and accounting. This
draft considers the network model for inter-domain QoS for access and
transit networks, the service models and policy implementation
options. Also, interdomain authorization and accounting may require
the trust services of a clearinghouse, to which the local policy
server may outsource authorization for support for inter-domain
accounting.
The draft defines two options for QoS support for telephony: PSTN-
style 'QoS Assured' or Internet-style 'QoS Enabled' service.
Implementing the local policy or QoS deployment can also have two
options: The more usual policy 'Pull Model' and the policy 'Push
Model' that may be advantageous for large IP telephony gateway
deployments. The draft illustrates the various combinations of QoS
service and policy implementation for interdomain QoS with
authorization and accounting.
The inter-process communications between the SIP, SDP, RSVP and OSP
protocol engines is illustrated. Future work for SIP/SDP and other
extensions, QoS metric and policy is outlined to make interdomain QoS
for IP telephony possible.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-interdomain-sip-qos-osp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sinnreich-interdomain-sip-qos-osp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-interdomain-sip-qos-osp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.