Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 10:32:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Media Gateway Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Megaco IP Phone Media Gateway Application Profile
	Author(s)	: R. Bell,  P. Blatherwick, P. Holland
	Filename	: draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 01-Mar-00
	
This document specifies a particular application of the Megaco/H.248 
Protocol [3] for control of Internet telephones: the Megaco IP Phone 
Media Gateway.  The telephone itself is a Media Gateway (MG), controlled
by the Megaco/H.248 Protocol, with application control intelligence 
located in the Media Gateway Controller (MGC).  In order to achieve a 
high degree of interoperability and design efficiency in such end-user 
devices, a consistent architectural approach, a particular organization 
of terminations and packages, and a protocol profile are described.  The
approach makes use of existing protocol features and user interface 
related packages, and is thus a straight-forward application of the 
Megaco/H.248 Protocol.  

This document represents the current view from the TIA working group on 
VoIP telephone specification [1], TIA TR-41.3.4, with the intent of 
using this as part of its 'whole device' specification as an optional 
method of device control.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.