Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-indp-method-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 06:19:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP):The INDP Notification
                          Delivery Method
	Author(s)	: H. Parra, T. Hastings
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-indp-method-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 10-Mar-00
	
The IPP event notification specification [ipp-ntfy] is an OPTIONAL
extension to IPP/1.0, IPP/1.1, and future versions.  [ipp-ntfy] requires
the definition of one or more delivery methods for dispatching
Notifications to Notification Recipients. This document describes the
semantics and syntax of the INDP Notification Delivery Method that is
itself a request/response protocol.  For this delivery method, an IPP
Printer sends (pushes) IPP event Notifications to the Notification
Recipients using the IPP Notification Delivery Protocol (INDP) defined
in [indp].  The Notification Recipient can either be the Ultimate
Recipient of the Notification or can be a Notification Service that
forwards the Notification to the Ultimate Recipient.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-indp-method-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-indp-method-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-indp-method-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.