Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bernstein-mpls-sonet-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 06:29:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Some Comments on the Use of MPLS Traffic Engineering 
                          for SONET/SDH Path Establishment
	Author(s)	: G. Bernstein
	Filename	: draft-bernstein-mpls-sonet-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 08-Mar-00
	
In [Awduche] the MPLS Traffic Engineering control plane was applied
to the creation of light paths (optical circuits). Due to the general
hierarchical capabilities of MPLS, and the flexibility of the label 
switching paradigm the same techniques used to apply the MPLS control 
plane to the optical layer can be used to apply it to the SONET/SDH 
path layer and in fact any form of circuit switching. This note 
discusses advantages of such an approach and some of the issues 
involved in its application.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-mpls-sonet-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bernstein-mpls-sonet-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-mpls-sonet-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.