Subject: RFC 2787 on VRRP MIB Management Objects

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:29:27 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2787

        Title:	    Definitions of Managed Objects for the Virtual
                    Router Redundancy Protocol
        Author(s):  B. Jewell, D. Chuang
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       March 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 56672
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-vrrp-mib-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2787.txt

This specification defines an extension to the Management Information
Base (MIB) for use with SNMP-based network management.  In
particular, it defines objects for configuring, monitoring, and
controlling routers that employ the Virtual Router Redundancy
Protocol (VRRP) [17].

This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is compliant with
SMIv2 [5], and semantically identical to the SMIv1 definitions [2].

This document is a product of the Virtual Router Redundance Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This document is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.  

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.