Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guillemot-avt-mpeg4visual-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:18:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTP payload format for MPEG-4 Visual Advanced Profiles
                          (scalable, core, main, N-bits)
	Author(s)	: C. Guillemot, P. Christ
	Filename	: draft-guillemot-avt-mpeg4visual-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 10-Mar-00
	
This document describes a payload format for the transport of MPEG-4
visual Elementary Streams, applicable for multimedia applications
not restricted to the simple visual profile.  It is an application
of the format described in [1] to specialized cases of video which
are applicable in the H.323 context (using for example MPEG-4 lay-
ered streams). It is therefore intended to support advanced MPEG-4
visual profiles (simple scalable, core, main, N-bits profiles), by
allowing protection against loss of key segments of the elementary
streams. The simple scalable profile supports temporal and spatial
scalability, features important for rate or congestion control on
the Internet, especially in multicast. The core and the main visual
profiles target multimedia applications on the Internet and allow,
in addition to scalability, the usage of sprite objects and of
arbitrary shape objects.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guillemot-avt-mpeg4visual-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guillemot-avt-mpeg4visual-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guillemot-avt-mpeg4visual-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.