Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldup-framing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 13:26:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP Duplication/Replication/Update Protocols Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Extended Operations for Framing LDAP Operations
	Author(s)	: E. Stokes, R. Harrison, G. Good 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldup-framing-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 17-Mar-00
	
Certain types of LDAP applications can benefit from the ability to
specify the beginning and end of a related group of operations.  For
example, the LDUP multimaster update protocol [ARCHITECTURE] requires
that two servers agree to begin a session to transfer pending
replication updates. This document provides a framework for
constructing protocols that feature a framed set of related
operations.  It defines a pair of LDAPv3 extended operations that
provide begin-end framing, and a pair of extended operations used to
respond the begin-end framing operations. The nature of the actual
LDAP operations carried inside these framing operations is not
specified in this document.
All protocol elements described here are LDAP Version 3 extended
operations. LDAP Version 3 is described in RFC 2251 [LDAPv3].
Certain terms used in this document are defined in the document 'LDAP
Replication Architecture' [ARCHITECTURE].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldup-framing-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldup-framing-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldup-framing-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.