Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhaskar-pim-ss-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:24:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Source-Specific Protocol Independent Multicast
	Author(s)	: N. Bhaskar, I. Kouvelas
	Filename	: draft-bhaskar-pim-ss-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 14-Mar-00
	
Source-Specific PIM (PIM-SS) is a variant of PIM Sparse-Mode that only
builds source specific shortest path trees. These trees are built
directly on receiving group membership reports that request a given
source. PIM-SS precludes the building of shared trees, effectively par-
titioning the different source trees from one another. For this reason
it is specifically suited for existing multicast applications for which
there is expected and intended to be exactly one source.

Source-Specific PIM can co-exist with PIM-SM. It uses a subset of PIM-SM
messages and lends itself to incremental deployment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhaskar-pim-ss-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bhaskar-pim-ss-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bhaskar-pim-ss-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.