Subject: RFC 2790 on Host Resources MIB

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:34:52 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2790

        Title:	    Host Resources MIB
        Author(s):  S. Waldbusser, P. Grillo
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       March 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 95807
	Obsoletes:  1514
        I-D Tag:    draft-ops-hostmib-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2790.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
This memo obsoletes RFC 1514, the "Host Resources MIB". This memo
extends that specification by clarifying changes based on
implementation and deployment experience and documenting the Host
Resources MIB in SMIv2 format while remaining semantically identical
to the existing SMIv1-based MIB.

This is now a Draft Standard.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.