Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-atm-method-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:16:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Methodology for ATM Benchmarking
	Author(s)	: J. Dunn, C. Martin
 	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-atm-method-01.txt
	Pages		: 127
	Date		: 10-Mar-00
	
This document discusses and defines a number of tests that may  be  used
to  describe  the  performance  characteristics  of  ATM based switching
devices.  In addition to defining the tests this document also describes
specific formats for reporting the results of the tests.
Appendix  A  lists  the  tests  and conditions that we believe should be
included for specific  cases  and  gives  additional  information  about
testing practices.

   This  memo  is  a  product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group
   (BMWG) of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-atm-method-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-atm-method-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-atm-method-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.