Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wang-mobileip-umip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:22:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Universal Mobile IP (UMIP) Location Management
	Author(s)	: J. Wang, A. Tang 
	Filename	: draft-wang-mobileip-umip-00.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 16-Mar-00
	
Global roaming is one of the design objectives for next generation
(3G) cellular networks.  To efficiently support real-time
applications for mobile users in these networks, signaling and
payload traffic delays must be minimal.  It has been identified that
one of the sources causing long delays is triangle routing. That is,
for example, in the registration process the registration requests
have to be transmitted from a foreign agent in the visited network
all the way to the home network every time the mobile node initiates
a call or when the mobile node roams into a different visiting
network [2].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-mobileip-umip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wang-mobileip-umip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wang-mobileip-umip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.