Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chang-mpls-path-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:17:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Path Protection/Restoration Mechanism for MPLS  
                          Networks
	Author(s)	: C. Huang,  V. Sharma,  S. Makam, K. Owens
	Filename	: draft-chang-mpls-path-protection-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 10-Mar-00
	
To  deliver reliable service, multi-protocol label switching  (MPLS)0
requires  a  set of procedures to provide protection of  the  traffic
carried  on  the  label switched paths (LSPs). This  imposes  certain
requirements  on  the  path recovery process and  procedures  0,  and
requires  -  signaling support for: the configuration of working  and
protection  paths,  the  communication  of  fault  information,   and
appropriate  switchover action. This document specifies  a  mechanism
for path protection switching and restoration in MPLS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chang-mpls-path-protection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chang-mpls-path-protection-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chang-mpls-path-protection-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.