Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-akinlar-zeroconf-multirouter-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:18:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multi-Router Zeroconf Network Requirements
	Author(s)	:  C. Akinlar, D. Braun, S. Mukherjee
	Filename	: draft-akinlar-zeroconf-multirouter-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 10-Mar-00
	
Zero Configuration (Zeroconf) Networks are a particular class of
TCP/IP networks that may be established in the home, in small offices or
even for an adhoc purpose. Zeroconf networks do not have and should not
be expected to have user configurable network infrastructure such as
DHCP, DNS and other administered network services. This is because
typical zeroconf network users neither have the skill nor the desire to
configure, administer or manage a network [1].

The IETF Zeroconf Requirements draft [1] presents the zeroconf
protocol requirements for 4 areas: IP host configuration, domain name to
IP address resolution, IP multicast address allocation, and service
discovery. The most complex network topology addressed by the Zeroconf
Requirements document [1] is a multi-segment zeroconf network connected
by a single router. This drafts builds on that draft and lists the
zeroconf protocol requirements for IP router configuration and dynamic
routing protocols in multi-router zeroconf networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-akinlar-zeroconf-multirouter-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-akinlar-zeroconf-multirouter-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-akinlar-zeroconf-multirouter-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.