Subject: 47th IETF: FOGLAMPS BOF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 10:06:51 -0500

Limitations of Multiple Addressing Realms BOF (foglamps)

Wednesday, March 29 at 1300-1500
================================

CHAIR: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]> 

DESCRIPTION:

With heavy use of RFC 1918 private addressing a number of applications have
run into some difficulty.  This has been documented by the IAB in numerous
RFCs and several drafts.  The purpose of this BOF is NOT to revisit those
discussions, but to examine the current limits on NATs, and review some of
the proposed mechanisms to deal with those limitations.  Based on that
review we will decide whether a working group is necessary to (a) provide
mechanisms and/or (b) review conflicting mechanisms.

AGENDA:

    Introduction (Melinda Shore, Eliot Lear, 10 minutes)
    Context: H.323 (Melinda Shore, 10 minutes)
    Context: SIP (Jonathan Rosenberg?, 10 minutes)
    Context: IAB (Brian Carpenter?, 15 minutes)
    Related work: RSIP (Mike Borella?, 15 minutes)
    Related work: HIP (Bob Moskowitz?, 15 minutes)
    Discussion (45 minutes)

Reading:
    draft-shore-h323-firewalls-00.txt
    draft-rosenberg-sip-firewalls-00.txt
    draft-lear-foglamps-01.txt
    RFC 2775
    draft-iab-ntwlyrws-over-02.txt

Mailing Lists:

The foglamps mailing list on egroups.com.  To subscribe, send email to 
[email-masked] or use the web-based interface at 
http://www.egroups.com.