Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhattach-diot-pimso-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:21:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Deployment of PIM-SO at Sprint
	Author(s)	: S. Bhattacharyya, C. Diot, R. Rockell, L. Giuliano,
	Filename	: draft-bhattach-diot-pimso-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 16-Mar-00
	
This document considers the requirements for implementing PIM Source-
Only (PIM-SO) which will allow the creation of source-based multicast
trees across multiple domains in the Internet.  PIM-SO realizes the
EXPRESS [HOLB99] multicast service model in which there is a single
source for every multicast group, and group membership and addressing
is based on a multicast group address (G) as well as the source's
unicast address (S). Our short-term goal is to implement PIM-SO with
minimal changes to the current multicast routing infrastructure by
August 2000, and to provide proof of concept by deploying it on
Sprintlab's experimental network. By the end of the year, we envisage
that PIM-SO will be ready to be incorporated in Sprint's multicast
backbone as a commercial point-to-multipoint service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhattach-diot-pimso-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bhattach-diot-pimso-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bhattach-diot-pimso-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.