Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-polk-sip-mlpp-mapping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 06:28:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Precedence mapping to MLPP Interworking
	Author(s)	: J. Polk
	Filename	: draft-polk-sip-mlpp-mapping-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 09-Mar-00
	
This document describes an extension to the Session Initiation 
Protocol [1] for direct interworking and interoperability with 
TDM-based Multi-Level Precedence and Preemption [2] Service 
Capability networks. This document will further include 
details and similar mechanisms to evolve and/or replace 
existing TDM-based MLPP network topologies with SIP-based 
Voice Signaling topologies with no loss of capability. Al-
though additional mobility and capabilities can easily be 
realized with this complete topology architecture implemented. 

The author believes these additional Prioritization and 
Preemption capabilities will have wider deployment benefits 
without direct connectivity to MLPP networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-sip-mlpp-mapping-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-polk-sip-mlpp-mapping-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-polk-sip-mlpp-mapping-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.