Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-elmalki-soliman-hmipv4v6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:23:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Hierarchical Mobile IPv4/v6 and Fast Handoffs
	Author(s)	: K. Malki, H. Soliman
	Filename	: draft-elmalki-soliman-hmipv4v6-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 14-Mar-00
	
This draft provides a number of extensions to the Hierarchical MIPv4
model in [1] as well as a new Hierarchical MIPv6 model. A number of
additions are made to Regional Tunnel Management in terms of Fast
Handoffs and the avoidance of triangle routing within the hierarchical
domain. A few extensions were also made for MIPv6 and neighbour
discovery to allow for the introduction of a hierarchical MIPv6 mobility
management model. The proposed hierarchical mobility management for
MIPv6 will improve the performance of MIPv6 in terms of handoff speed
and is well-suited to implement access control and handoffs between 
different access technologies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-soliman-hmipv4v6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-elmalki-soliman-hmipv4v6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-soliman-hmipv4v6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.