Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lang-mpls-rsvp-oxc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:13:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to RSVP for optical networking
	Author(s)	: J. Lang, K. Mitra, J. Drake
	Filename	: draft-lang-mpls-rsvp-oxc-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 15-Mar-00
	
Dynamically provisionable optical crossconnects (OXCs) will play an 
active role in future optical networks and the MPL(ambda)S control 
plane will be used to establish, teardown, and reroute optical 
trails through the network.  This document specifies extensions to 
RSVP to address some of the unique requirements of such optical 
trails.  Specifically, we propose extensions to RSVP that allow an 
upstream node to make a Label suggestion to a downstream node when 
establishing an optical trail and allow both directions of a bi-
directional optical trail to be established simultaneously.  A new 
message type is also defined so that an RSVP node can notify 
(possibly non-adjacent) RSVP nodes when network failures occur, 
without affecting the RSVP states of intermediate RSVP nodes.  
Finally, we propose a modification to allow bundle messages to be 
sent to non-adjacent RSVP nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lang-mpls-rsvp-oxc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lang-mpls-rsvp-oxc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lang-mpls-rsvp-oxc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.