Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-job-printer-set-ops-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 06:29:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Job and Printer Set 
                          Operations
	Author(s)	: C. Kugler, T. Hastings, R. Herriot, H. Lewis	
        Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-job-printer-set-ops-00.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 06-Mar-00
	
This document specifies 3 additional OPTIONAL operations for use with
the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [RFC2565, RFC2566], IPP/1.1
[ipp-mod, ipp-pro], and future versions.  The first is the Set-Printer-
Attributes operation that operators/administrators may perform on a
Printer object to change Printer attribute values. The second is the
Set-Job-Attributes operation that end-users may perform on their jobs
and operators/administrators may perform on any job, depending on
circumstances. The operation changes the Job attribute values. The third
is the Get-Printer-Supported-Values operation that
operators/administrators may perform on a Printer object in order to
determine acceptable values for setting 'xxx-supported' attributes using
the Set-Printer-Attributes operation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-job-printer-set-ops-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-job-printer-set-ops-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-job-printer-set-ops-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.