Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rgcc-avt-mpeg4flexmux-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:10:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 Streams
	Author(s)	: E. Gouleau, C. Roux, D. Curet, P. Clement
	Filename	: draft-rgcc-avt-mpeg4flexmux-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 14-Mar-00
	
This document describes an RTP payload format for the transportation
of encoded and multiplexed MPEG-4 streams. MPEG-4 is a standard
whose aims are to define a generic way to code natural or synthetic
scenes.
MPEG-4, among other things, supports a normative interface to Intel-
lectual Property Management and Protection Systems. MPEG-4 also
gives methods to synchronise and multiplex several MPEG-4 encoded
streams.
RTP, on the other hand, is a protocol that has been especially writ-
ten for multimedia stream over the IP network, and to use RTP for
the carriage of MPEG-4 data does make sense, enabling such applica-
tions as Video on demand or Multicast Teleconferencing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rgcc-avt-mpeg4flexmux-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rgcc-avt-mpeg4flexmux-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rgcc-avt-mpeg4flexmux-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.