Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2tpext-ds-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 06:57:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Layer Two Tunneling Protocol 'L2TP' IP Differentiated 
                          Services Extension
	Author(s)	: P. Calhoun, K. Peirce
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2tpext-ds-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 03-Mar-00
	
The L2TP document [1] defines the base protocol which describes the
method of tunneling PPP data. The L2TP base protocol does not address
any Differentiated Services extensions.
The ability to outsource dial access with Quality of Service
assurances is important to internet applications development. This
draft addresses this issue by allowing each L2TP Data Session to be
assigned an appropriate differentiated services indicator.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-ds-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l2tpext-ds-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-ds-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.