Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sandick-pimsm-ssmrules-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:18:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PIM-SM Rules for Support of Single-Source Multicast
	Author(s)	: H. Sandick, B. Cain
	Filename	: draft-sandick-pimsm-ssmrules-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 15-Mar-00
	
This document describes the minor changes in protocol processing rules 
for the PIM-SM [PIMSM] protocol to support source specific multicast 
(SSM) routing semantics over the SSM address range [EXPRESS][SSM]. Used 
in combination with IGMPv3 [IGMPV3], the SSM delivery model can be 
supported with current protocol implementations.  IGMPv3 can be used for 
communicating source specific (S,G) channel memberships to local 
routers; PIM-SM can be used for construction of SSM forwarding trees.  
This document describes the processing rules for PIM-SM in the SSM 
address range to support construction of SSM delivery trees.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sandick-pimsm-ssmrules-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sandick-pimsm-ssmrules-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sandick-pimsm-ssmrules-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.