Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:38:12 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework Policy Information Base
	Author(s)	: M. Fine, K. McCloghrie, J. Seligson, S. Hahn, K. Chan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 15-Mar-00
	
[SPPI] describes a structure for specifying policy information that can
then be transmitted to a network device for the purpose of configuring
policy at that device.  The model underlying this structure is one of
well defined policy rule classes and instances of these classes residing
in a virtual information store called the Policy Information Base (PIB).

One way to provision policy is by means of the COPS protocol [COPS] with
the extensions for provisioning [COPS-PR].  This protocol supports
multiple clients, each of which may provision policy for a specific
policy domain such as QoS, virtual private networks, or security.

As described in [COPS-PR], each client supports a non-overlapping and
independent PIB.  However, some policy rule classes are common to all
client types and replicated in each.  This document presents the PIB
classes that are common to all clients that provision policy using COPS
for Provisioning.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.