Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-agent-options-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 06:26:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DHCP Relay Agent Information Option
	Author(s)	: M. Patrick
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-agent-options-09.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 02-Mar-00
	
Newer high-speed public Internet access technologies call for a
high-speed modem to have a LAN attachment to one or more customer
premise hosts.  It is advantageous to use the Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol as defined in RFC 2131 [1] to assign customer
premise host IP addresses in this environment. However, a number of
security and scaling problems arise with such 'public' DHCP use.
This document describes a new DHCP option to address these issues.
This option extends the set of DHCP options as defined in RFC 2132
[2].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-agent-options-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-agent-options-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-agent-options-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.