Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-farah-uggc-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 06:28:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Encrypted Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- UGGC/1.0
	Author(s)	: M. Farah
	Filename	: draft-farah-uggc-protocol-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 06-Mar-00
	
It's a known fact that web surfing has become a much more important
activity in the net than what was expected six years ago. Anti-prying
measures have been taken in other services (mail encryption, for
example), but haven't been in WWW: anyone can spy at what another
user is browsing at the moment by intercepting his packets and
looking at their content ('sniffing'). This document proposes a
method that guarantees it won't happen anymore, by discouraging the
act of sniffing.
A new URL, 'uggc', is defined, which is a sort of twin brother to
'http'. The former works in the very same way as the latter does,
with the following exception: both URLs and the data travelling from
the client to the server and vice versa are encrypted. The data
retrieved is equivalent, once decrypted back.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farah-uggc-protocol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-farah-uggc-protocol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-farah-uggc-protocol-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.