Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-notify-mailto-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:20:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): The 'mailto:'   
                          Notification Delivery Method
	Author(s)	: H. Holst, T. Hastings
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-notify-mailto-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 10-Mar-00
	
The IPP notification specification [ipp-ntfy] is an OPTIONAL extension
to IPP/1.0 and IPP/1.1 that requires the definition of one or more
delivery methods for dispatching event notification reports to
Notification Recipients.  This document describes the semantics and
syntax of the 'mailto:' event notification delivery method.  For this
delivery method, the IPP Printer uses the SMTP mail protocol to send
(push) Human Consumable and/or Machine Consumable Notifications to
Notification Recipients.  The Subscriber specifies the mail address
using the mailto: URL.  This mail address can be any user or can be any
of the mail services defined to perform such notification using
parameters in the URL, such as paging.  The Subscriber can specify the
MIME media type of both the Human Consumable and Machine Consumable
Notifications.  The Subscriber can also specify a mail address in the
'subscriber-user-data'  Subscription attribute to which the Notification
Recipient can reply and to which the mail system delivers undeliverable
mail messages.  That mail address is usually the Subscribers mail
address, but can be any mail address.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-notify-mailto-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-notify-mailto-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-notify-mailto-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.