Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-swallow-mpls-simple-hdr-compress-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 06:28:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simple Header Compression
	Author(s)	: G. Swallow, L. Berger
	Filename	: draft-swallow-mpls-simple-hdr-compress-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 09-Mar-00
	
MPLS allows packets to be forwarded based on a label lookup without
inspection of the IP header at intermediate routers.  This enables
headers to be compressed in some applications.
Label Switched Paths may be established through the use of RSVP.
This draft describes a simple technique for header compression.  It
then proposes RSVP procedures for signaling header compression.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swallow-mpls-simple-hdr-compress-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-swallow-mpls-simple-hdr-compress-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-swallow-mpls-simple-hdr-compress-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.