Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fang-diffserv-tc-tswtcm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 06:17:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Time Sliding Window Three Colour Marker (TSWTCM)
	Author(s)	: W. Fang, N. Seddigh, B. Nandy 
	Filename	: draft-fang-diffserv-tc-tswtcm-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 13-Mar-00
	
This  draft  defines  a  Time  Sliding  Window  Three  Colour  Marker
(TSWTCM),  which  can  be  used as a component in a Diff-Serv traffic
conditioner [RFC2475, RFC2474].   The  marker  is  intended  to  mark
packets  that  will be treated by the Assured Forwarding (AF) Per Hop
Behaviour (PHB) [AFPHB] in downstream routers. The  TSWTCM  meters  a
traffic  stream  and  marks packets to be either green, yellow or red
based on the measured throughput relative  to  two  specified  rates:
Committed Target Rate (CTR) and Peak Target Rate (PTR).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fang-diffserv-tc-tswtcm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fang-diffserv-tc-tswtcm-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fang-diffserv-tc-tswtcm-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.