Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ippm-npmps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:21:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network performance measurement for periodic streams
	Author(s)	: G. Grotefeld, V. Raisanen 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ippm-npmps-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 14-Mar-00
	
This document describes some of the issues associated with
application-level measurements of network performance for periodic
streams. An example application would be the testing of Dst-Src routes
for use as bearer for multimedia streams. In this document, 
the reader is assumed to be familiar with the terminology of the 
Framework for IP Performance Metrics RFC 2330 [1].  This document is 
parallel to A One-way Delay Metric for IPPM RFC 2679[2]. A sample 
metric is described that is suitable for application-level measurement
for streaming multimedia over IP. Using such a measurement, 
transmission service of a network is probed with a traffic stream 
similar to that of the application of interest, which is likely to be
very dissimilar to the Poisson inter-arrival interval described in [2].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-npmps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ippm-npmps-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-npmps-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.