Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-renum-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:21:12 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Router Renumbering for IPv6
	Author(s)	: M. Crawford
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-renum-10.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 16-Mar-00
	
IPv6 Neighbor Discovery and Address Autoconfiguration conveniently
make initial assignments of address prefixes to hosts.  Aside from
the problem of connection survival across a renumbering event, these
two mechanisms also simplify the reconfiguration of hosts when the
set of valid prefixes changes.
This document defines a mechanism called Router Renumbering ('RR')
which allows address prefixes on routers to be configured and
reconfigured almost as easily as the combination of Neighbor
Discovery and Address Autoconfiguration works for hosts.  It
provides a means for a network manager to make updates to the
prefixes used by and advertised by IPv6 routers throughout a site.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-renum-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-renum-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-renum-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.