Subject: RFC 2600 on Internet Standards

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:21:02 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2600

        Title:	    Internet Official Protocol Standards
        Author(s):  J. Reynolds, R. Braden
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       March 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 86139
	Obsoletes:  2500, 2400, 2300, 2200, 2000, 1920, 1880, 1800,
                    1780, 1720, 1610, 1600, 1540, 1500, 1410, 1360,
                    1280, 1250, 1200, 1140, 1130, 1100, 1083
        See Also:   STD 1

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2600.txt

This memo is published by the RFC Editor in accordance with Section
2.1 of "The Internet Standards Process -- Revision 3", RFC 2026, which
specifies the rules and procedures by which all Internet standards are
set.  This memo is prepared by the RFC Editor for the IESG and IAB.
Please see http://www.rfc-editor.org for later updates to this
document.

This is now a Standard Protocol.

This memo describes the state of standardization of protocols used in
the Internet as determined by the Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF).  This memo is an Internet Standard.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.