Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosen-mpls-profiles-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 06:32:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MPLS Profiles
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen, B. Thomas, L. Levine,
                          C. Iturralde, G. Swallow
	Filename	: draft-rosen-mpls-profiles-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 07-Mar-00
	
The MPLS protocol specifications provide a large number of options,
and it can be difficult to know exactly which protocol messages,
objects, and procedures must be supported in order to provide some
particular application of MPLS, or in order to interoperate with some
other implementation.  This document specifies a number of MPLS
'Profiles'.  Each Profile is a subset of the full MPLS functionality,
specified in enough detail to ensure that two implementations of a
given Profile will interoperate.  This document also specifies which
Profiles may be used for which purposes.  In the future, it is hoped
that specifications for the applications of MPLS will specify the
Profiles that must be implemented in order to support the
application.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-mpls-profiles-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosen-mpls-profiles-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosen-mpls-profiles-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.