Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-beser-mmusic-capabilities-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:13:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Codec Capabilities Attribute for SDP
	Author(s)	: B. Beser
	Filename	: draft-beser-mmusic-capabilities-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 15-Mar-00
	
The need for assured communication arisen protocols like RSVP [2]
and SBM [3] which are linked to access technologies to guarantee the
delay and drop probabilities of a given IP flow.
One of the side-effects of the assurance is that when the bandwidth
of the IP flow goes outside the contracted region then the IP flow
will be disturbed and the communication will be effected.
This document discusses the effects of assured communication to SDP
protocol, identifies the weaknesses and proposes a new attribute to
rectify these weaknesses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-beser-mmusic-capabilities-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-beser-mmusic-capabilities-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-beser-mmusic-capabilities-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.