Subject: Protocol Action: The LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF) - Technical Specification to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:45:42 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'The LDAP Data Interchange
Format (LDIF) - Technical Specification' <draft-good-ldap-ldif-06.txt>
as a Proposed Standard.

This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Keith Moore and Patrik
Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
The LDIF format is used for specifying content of an LDAP server, or a
number of changes which are made (or to be made). LDIF stands for LDAP Data
Interchange Format and is the common format for passing data between LDAP
servers.

Working Group Summary

The document has been reviewed by the LDAPEXT working group, and there has
always existed consensus regarding this format, which is in wide-spread
use. This definition makes it clear how to include text which is
non-US-ascii, which have been asked for for some time.

Protocol Quality

Patrik Faltstrom reviewed the protocol for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor:

	Please delete Appendix A from the document.