Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-msdp-traceroute-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:23:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast Source Discovery Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MSDP Traceroute
	Author(s)	: W. Fenner, D. Meyer	
        Filename	: draft-ietf-msdp-traceroute-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 16-Mar-00
	
In order to diagnose problems with the Peer-RPF-Flooding mechanisms
in the Multicast Source Discovery Protocol [MSDP], we introduce a
method of tracing the path that an SA message should have taken,
along with collecting statistics along that path.  This occurs in a
way similar to multicast traceroute [MTRACE], with each router
appending information about this hop and forwarding the message
towards the desired RP.
This document is a product of the MSDP working group within the Internet
Engineering Task Force.  Comments are solicited and should be addressed
to the working group's mailing list at [email-masked]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msdp-traceroute-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-msdp-traceroute-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msdp-traceroute-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.