Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 06:29:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): LDAP Schema for 
                          Printer Services
	Author(s)	: P. Fleming, K. Jones, H. Lewis, I. McDonald
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 09-Mar-00
	
This document defines a common printer schema for use with LDAP
directories (a directory service supporting the Lightweight Directory
Access Protocol (LDAP)).  Using this common printer schema enables
client applications to use LDAP to search for printers using
application or user specified search criteria.  Searches are defined 
based on the entry's type and attributes independent of the LDAP
directory being used.  
This document describes the LDAP schema, object classes and
attributes, for SLP printer templates.  This document uses the
printer attributes defined in Appendix E.  of [IPPMOD], the
'printer:' service template defined in [SLPPRT], and the mapping
between SLP service advertisements and LDAP descriptions of services
defined in [SLPLDAP] to define an LDAP printer schema.  
The goal of this document is to define a consistent schema to be used
by printers and print servers.  The LDAP printer schema described in 
this document MAY be used in part or whole.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.