Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-indp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:24:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP):IPP Notification  
                          Delivery Protocol (INDP)
	Author(s)	: H. Parra, T. Hastings 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-indp-00.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 14-Mar-00
	
The IPP event notification specification [ipp-ntfy] is an OPTIONAL
extension to IPP/1.0, IPP/1.1, and future versions.  [ipp-ntfy] which
enables IPP clients to request notification of printer and job events.
The IPP notification extension gives IPP Printers the flexibility to
choose how many Subscriptions objects (individual requests for
notification), what delivery methods, and what natural languages to
support, among others.  In practice, it's the working environment where
an IPP Printer is deployed what ultimately dictates the notification
requirements for that printer.  Notification Delivery Services exist to
help event producers, such as IPP Printers, meet the varying
notification needs of disparate environments.  Specifically, an IPP
Notification Delivery Service may extend the notification capabilities
of IPP Printers and help customize the type of notification required in
a highly specialized environment.   This documents defines the IPP
Notification Delivery Protocol (INDP), a protocol for IPP Printers to
communicate with Notification Delivery Services using 'application/ipp'
as the encoding mechanism and HTTP as the transport.  The definition of
INDP lends itself nicely for use by IPP Printers and Notification
Delivery Services for dispatching IPP Notifications to Notification
Recipients as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-indp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-indp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-indp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.