Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lslutsman-spirits-interfaces-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 06:27:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Toward Definition Of the SPIRITS Architecture: SPIRITS
                          Interfaces
	Author(s)	: L. Slutsman
	Filename	: draft-lslutsman-spirits-interfaces-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 02-Mar-00
	
The  SPIRITS  physical  architecture  and  the  relevant   background
explanation  of  the  mechanism for interactions between the PSTN and
SPIRITS are provided in [1].  This document is attempted  to  take  a
next  step  and  to  describe all the SPIRITS interfaces necessary to
support the following services defined in the  WG  charter:  Internet
Call  Waiting  (the  leading  SPIRITS  benchmark  service),  Internet
Caller-ID Delivery, and  Internet  Call  Forwarding.  The  end-to-end
implementation  of  charter  services  will  require cooperation with
ITU-T on the total protocol development.   To  this  end  this  draft
raises  the  discussion  of  the  'ownership' of protocols per SPIRIT
interface.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lslutsman-spirits-interfaces-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lslutsman-spirits-interfaces-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lslutsman-spirits-interfaces-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.