Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rsvp-proxy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:23:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Resource Reservation Setup Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RSVP Receiver Proxy
	Author(s)	: S. Gai, D. Dutt, Y. Bernet, N. Elfassy 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rsvp-proxy-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 16-Mar-00
	
RSVP has been extended in several directions [Policy], [Identity],
[DCLASS], [AggrRSVP], [DiffModel],[COPS-RSVP], These extensions have
broadened the applicability of RSVP characterizing it as a signaling
protocol usable both inside and outside the IntServ model.  
With the addition of the 'Null Service Type' [NullServ], RSVP is
being adopted also by mission critical applications that require some
form of prioritized service, but cannot readily specify their
resource requirements. These applications do not need to set-up a
reservation end-to-end, but only to signal to the network their policy
information [Policy], [Identity] and obtain in response an applicable
DSCP [DCLASS].
RSVP Receiver Proxy is an extension to the RSVP message processing
(not to the protocol itself), mainly designed to operate in
conjunction with the Null Service Type. If COPS is used for policy
control, an extension to the COPS for RSVP protocol [COPS-RSVP-EXT]
is also required.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rsvp-proxy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rsvp-proxy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rsvp-proxy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.