Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lang-mpls-lmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:23:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Link Management Protocol (LMP)
	Author(s)	: J. Lang, K. Mitra, Y. Rekhter, J. Drake et.al 
	Filename	: draft-lang-mpls-lmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 14-Mar-00
	
Future optical networks will consist of optical crossconnects (OXCs) 
that may be configured with links consisting of a number of user 
bearer channels and an associated control channel.  This document 
specifies a link management protocol (LMP) that runs between 
neighboring OXCs and will be used for both link provisioning and 
fault isolation.  A unique feature of LMP is that it is able to 
isolate faults in both opaque and transparent networks, independent 
of the encoding scheme used for the bearer channels. LMP will be 
used to maintain control channel connectivity, verify bearer channel 
connectivity, and isolate link, fiber, or channel failures within 
the optical network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lang-mpls-lmp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lang-mpls-lmp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lang-mpls-lmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.