Subject: RFC 2786 on Diffie-Helman USM Key

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:03:21 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2786

        Title:	    Diffie-Helman USM Key Management Information Base 
                    and Textual Convention
        Author(s):  M. St. Johns
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       March 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 43280
	Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-stjohns-snmpv3-dhkeychange-mib-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2786.txt

This memo defines an experimental portion of the Management
Information Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in
the Internet community.  In particular, it defines a textual
convention for doing Diffie-Helman key agreement key exchanges and a
set of objects which extend the usmUserTable to permit the use of a DH
key exchange in addition to the key change method described in
[12]. In otherwords, this MIB adds the possibility of forward secrecy
to the USM model.  It also defines a set of objects that can be used
to kick start security on an SNMPv3 agent when the out of band path is
authenticated, but not necessarily private or confidential.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.