Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mccann-mobileip-sessionid-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:21:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IP Session Identifier Extension
	Author(s)	: P. McCann, K. Leung
	Filename	: draft-mccann-mobileip-sessionid-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 16-Mar-00
	
The Network Access Identifier can be added to a Mobile IP
registration request to identify the user and to allow the
assignment of a dynamic home address.  However, users may want to
open several simultaneous sessions using the same NAI from the same
or different devices and to obtain a unique IP address for each
session.  The Mobile IP Session Identifier Extension defined in this
draft can be used to distinguish registration requests belonging to
these various sessions.  This draft also clarifies how a dynamic
address is to be managed when and if the user returns to the home
network that assigned the address.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mccann-mobileip-sessionid-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mccann-mobileip-sessionid-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mccann-mobileip-sessionid-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.