Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-diffserv-ba-vw-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:20:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Differentiated Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The 'Virtual Wire' Behavior Aggregate
	Author(s)	: V. Jacobson, K. Nichols, K. Poduri
	Filename	: draft-ietf-diffserv-ba-vw-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 16-Mar-00
	
This document describes an edge-to-edge behavior called 'Virtual 
Wire'  (VW) that can be constructed in any domain supporting the 
diffserv EF PHB plus appropriate domain ingress policers. The VW 
behavior is essentially indistinquishable from a dedicated cir-
cuit and can be used anywhere it is desired to replace dedicated 
circuits with IP transport.

A pdf version of this document is available at
ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/papers/vw_ba.pdf

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-ba-vw-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-diffserv-ba-vw-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-ba-vw-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.