Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:24:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The management of MPLS LSPs for scalable QoS Service 
                          Provision
	Author(s)	: M. Gibson
	Filename	: draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 14-Mar-00
	
There is an increasing use of real-time applications on IP networks.
As these applications require certain QoS levels to operate
acceptably there is a need for IP networks to guarantee such levels.
This draft introduces a set of requirements that must be fulfilled
in order that an MPLS network can support QoS-dependant IP flows as
set out in the VoMPLS draft [2]. A candidate architecture that
conforms to these requirements is then set out. The network consists
of a session control layer, an IP Layer that is constrained through
the use of MPLS tunnels, and a distributed management system to
control those tunnels.
The draft describes each of the essential components needed to
implement such a network and suggests suitable technologies for each
of them.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gibson-manage-mpls-qos-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.