Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dcsgroup-sip-privacy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:18:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Extensions for Caller Identity, Privacy and
                          Operator Services
	Author(s)	: B. Marshall et al.
	Filename	: draft-dcsgroup-sip-privacy-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 15-Mar-00
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is an application layer
control (signaling) protocol for creating, modifying and terminating
sessions with one or more participants. In the current PSTN, call
signaling messages travel through switches which act as trusted
intermediaries. The signaling messages typically include calling
party identification information which may be delivered to the
called party. The calling party is able to suppress the delivery of
such information to the called party in order to maintain privacy.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-sip-privacy-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dcsgroup-sip-privacy-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-sip-privacy-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.