Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-george-sigtran-m2peer-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:19:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SS7 MTP2-User Peer-to-Peer Adaptation Layer
	Author(s)	: T. George, M. Kalla, R. Dantu, G. Sidebottom,
                          K. Morneault 
	Filename	: draft-george-sigtran-m2peer-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 15-Mar-00
	
This Internet Draft defines a protocol for adapting the SS7 MTP2 User
for signaling over an IP connection using the Simple Control
Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  This protocol is used between SS7
Signaling Points equipped with an IP connection (IPSPs). Signaling
points using this protocol are capable of MTP Level 3 routing. This
protocol may be used in a Signaling Gateway (SG). The SG receives SS7
signaling over a standard SS7 interface using the SS7 Message Transfer
Part (MTP) to provide transport, and has the capability to use MTP to
route signaling to IPSPs. The protocol thereby retains the features of
MTP Level 3, including Network Management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-george-sigtran-m2peer-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-george-sigtran-m2peer-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-george-sigtran-m2peer-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.