Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hudson-impp-transfer-proposal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:43:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Instant Message and Presence Transfer Protocols
	Author(s)	: G. Hudson
	Filename	: draft-hudson-impp-transfer-proposal-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 24-Apr-00
	
This document specifies transfer protocols for instant messages and
presence information.  The Presence Information Transfer Protocol
(PITP) allows clients to set presence information for presentities
they control and to request presence information from other
presentities.  The Instant Message Transfer Protocol (IMTP) allows
clients to send and receive instant messages.  Both protocols can also
be used to relay instant message and presence requests between servers
as necessary.
These protocols are specified in the same document because they have
very similar structure.  However, they are two logically separate
protocols.  Sections specific to one or the other protocol will be
recognizeable by a leading 'PITP' or 'IMTP'.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hudson-impp-transfer-proposal-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hudson-impp-transfer-proposal-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hudson-impp-transfer-proposal-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.