Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-anda-ops-mib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 07:00:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for Open Provisioning 
                          Standard (OPS) in the Loop Access Environment
	Author(s)	: R. Jamp, Y. Hsiao
	Filename	: draft-anda-ops-mib-00.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 17-Apr-00
	
This document specifies an Open Provisioning Standard (OPS) that
addresses the needs of an Integrated Communications Network (ICN)
for remote and automatic service turn-up and for the simplification
of monitoring and fault management across multiple network elements
within the Loop Access environment and within the Customer Premises
Environment (CPE) environment. OPS extends the standard Simple
Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Management Information Base (MIB)
by defining voice/data integration and flow-through provisioning
capabilities for the various devices within the ICN, such as
Integrated Access Devices (IADs).
OPS enables Carriers or Service Providers to control their
Integrated Access Services (IAS) from the network management system
in the Network Operation Center (NOC). Flow-through provisioning
allows administrators to send provisioning commands to multiple
network elements across the ICN. The provisioning commands are used
to define or modify a customer's services and to turn those services
on and off. Similarly, customer-initiated service requests as well
as performance and fault management information for existing
services can flow back to the carrier or service provider.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-anda-ops-mib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-anda-ops-mib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-anda-ops-mib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.