Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idwg-iap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:12:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Intrusion Detection Exchange Format Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IAP: Intrusion Alert Protocol
	Author(s)	: D. Gupta
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idwg-iap-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 11-Apr-00
	
The Intrusion Alert Protocol (IAP) is application-level protocol
for exchanging intrusion alert data. The protocol is designed to
provide the necessary transport and security properties to allow
sensitive alert data to be sent across IP networks. In addition,
the protocol is designed so that future extensions may use the
application layer for configuring intrusion detection
sensor/analyzers or sending responses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idwg-iap-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idwg-iap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idwg-iap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.