Subject: RFC 2794 on Mobile Node NAI

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:52:22 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2794

        Title:	    Mobile IP Network Access Identifier Extension for
                    IPv4 
        Author(s):  P. Calhoun, C. Perkins
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       March 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16960
	Updates:    2290
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mobileip-mn-nai-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2794.txt

AAA servers are in use within the Internet today to provide
authentication and authorization services for dial-up computers.
Such services are likely to be equally valuable for mobile nodes
using Mobile IP when the nodes are attempting to connect to foreign
domains with AAA servers.  AAA servers today identify clients by
using the Network Access Identifier (NAI). Our proposal defines a way
for the mobile node to identify itself, by including the NAI along
with the Mobile IP Registration Request.  This memo also updates
RFC 2290 which specifies the Mobile-IPv4 Configuration option for
IPCP, by allowing the Mobile Node's Home Address field of this option
to be zero.

This document is a product of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.