Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lear-foglamps-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 06:46:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NAT and other Network 'Intelligence': Clearing        
                          Architectural Haze through the use of Fog Lamps
	Author(s)	: E. Lear
	Filename	: draft-lear-foglamps-02.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 14-Apr-00
	
In their workshop report the IAB once again sets forth its opinion
on the use and impact of NAT devices, along with the complications
of private network address space.[1,2,3] Therein they discuss the
notion of 'transparency'.  In this brief document we offer an
alternative idea, and suggest its further study: device visibility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lear-foglamps-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lear-foglamps-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lear-foglamps-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.