Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hummel-te-oct-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 06:43:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Orchestrally conducted Traffic  ( OCT )
	Author(s)	: H. Hummel
	Filename	: draft-hummel-te-oct-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 18-Apr-00
	
This draft proposes to engineer traffic such that we can speak of an
Orchestrally Conducted Traffic (OCT): Any traffic stream (given by
its source and destination nodes and by a priority class) may use
several differently routed LSPs.  Each, traffic stream ingress
reports, periodically, the currently measured traffic load (in
bitrate) to a common TE Conductor (TEC) who evaluates them as to
forecast what traffic load change might occur in the immediate time
ahead. Accordingly the TEC  computes well synchronized likelihood
values by which to take which route/LSP. These values will be such
that any traffic stream will be served as good as possible, as often
as possible, while equally ranked traffic streams are treated fair,
higher ranked streams are prioritized  and  the network thruput is
maximized. The TEC sends the likelihood values to the respective
ingress node, who will  distribute the received packets of the
traffic stream to the pertaining LSPs accordingly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hummel-te-oct-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hummel-te-oct-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hummel-te-oct-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.