Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-itsumo-sip-mobility-req-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:11:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobility Management in a SIP Environment Requirements,
                          Functions and Issues
	Author(s)	: F. Vakil, A. Dutta, J. Chen,  S. Baba,
                          Y. Shobatake, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-itsumo-sip-mobility-req-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 11-Apr-00
	
Mobility is rapidly becoming a rule rather than an exception in
communication services and SIP is gaining widespread acceptance as
the signaling protocol for multimedia applications on the Internet.
Thus, it is essential to develop a mobility management scheme that
utilizes salient features and capabilities of SIP as well as other
protocols (e.g., mobile IP) to support mobile services efficiently.
Without providing any specific solution, this document presents
preliminary requirements and identifies the issues that need to be
resolved in order to develop a mobility management scheme for
supporting multimedia applications in a SIP signaling and control
environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-itsumo-sip-mobility-req-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-itsumo-sip-mobility-req-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-itsumo-sip-mobility-req-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.