Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-prs-optical-routing-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 06:43:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Routing Information Exchange in Optical Networks
	Author(s)	: D. Pendarakis, B. Rajagopalan, D. Saha 
	Filename	: draft-prs-optical-routing-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 25-Apr-00
	
The objective of this draft is to describe mechanisms for exchanging 
routing information between IP routers and optical networks, 
and between optical sub-networks. Such information exchange would 
allow automated establishment of end-to-end paths in an optical 
network comprising of  multiple sub-networks. Furthermore, it would 
allow optical network clients, specifically IP routers, to discover 
their remote peers dynamically. Determination of reachability could 
be the first step in dynamic provisioning of optical paths using 
signaling. 
  
   (A postscript version of this draft with figures is available as
    draft-optical-routing-00.ps).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-prs-optical-routing-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-prs-optical-routing-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-prs-optical-routing-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.