Subject: RFC 2796 on BGP Route Reflection

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:12:42 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2796

        Title:	    BGP Route Reflection - 
                    An Alternative to Full Mesh IBGP
        Author(s):  T. Bates, R. Chandra, E. Chen
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       April 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 20174
        Updates:    RFC 1966

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-route-reflect-v2-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2796.txt

The Border Gateway Protocol [1] is an inter-autonomous system routing
protocol designed for TCP/IP internets. Currently in the Internet BGP
deployments are configured such that that all BGP speakers within a
single AS must be fully meshed so that any external routing
information must be re-distributed to all other routers within that
AS. This represents a serious scaling problem that has been  well
documented with several alternatives proposed [2,3].
 
This document describes the use and design of a method known as
"Route Reflection" to alleviate the the need for "full mesh" IBGP.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited. 

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.