Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-roamops-actng-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 06:42:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Roaming Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Accounting Data Interchange Format (ADIF)
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba, D. Lidyard
	Filename	: draft-ietf-roamops-actng-07.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 25-Apr-00
	
This document describes an extensible human-readable accounting record
format, the Accounting Data Interchange Format (ADIF). Based on MIME,
ADIF is designed to compactly represent accounting data from any
protocol using attribute/value pairs or object identifiers.

While in many cases Accounting Servers will produce ADIF records based
on data from accounting protocols, it is also possible for devices to
store data in ADIF format and transfer ADIF records to the accounting
server. The latter approach has the advantage of offloading the
Accounting Server from the task of transcribing interim or session
records, thus improving scalability. This approach also enables the
transport of data from multiple sources within the same set of records.
Where a record format is employed that supports batching, the transport
of multiple records within the same accounting packet is enabled.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roamops-actng-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-roamops-actng-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roamops-actng-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.