Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-singh-mobileip-fcext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 06:44:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Flow control extensions to Mobile IP for 3G Wireless 
                          Networks
	Author(s)	: A. Singh et al.
	Filename	: draft-singh-mobileip-fcext-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 19-Apr-00
	
This draft proposes extensions to the mobile IP as used in third
generation wireless network [7,1,14] to provide a flow control
mechanism on a per-session basis for data sent from the packet data
servicing node (PDSN) to a radio network node (RNN). This extension
solves the problem of significant performance degradation when
packets are dropped at the RNN due to channel setup latency and rate
mismatch between the air interface and link between the RNN and PDSN
(RP link).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singh-mobileip-fcext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-singh-mobileip-fcext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-singh-mobileip-fcext-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.