Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-masiutin-x509pgp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 06:52:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Incorporaion of PGP Certificates into X.509v3 
                          Certificates
	Author(s)	: M. Masiutin
	Filename	: draft-masiutin-x509pgp-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 10-Apr-00
	
There were currently no described provisions to convert from an
X.509v3 certificate to a PGP Certificate and vice versa because of
format of data being signed differ in these two standards. This
document defines a new X.509v3 certificate extension called pgpKey
that holds a verbatim PGP Certificate, making such conversion
possible.
This draft is being discussed on the [email-masked]' mailing
list. To join the list, send a message to
<[email-masked]>
Also, there is a Web site for the mailing list at
<http://www.egroups.com/group/x509pgp>

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masiutin-x509pgp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-masiutin-x509pgp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-masiutin-x509pgp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.