Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 06:43:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Signaling Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simple Control Transmission Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Stewart et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-09.txt
	Pages		: 96
	Date		: 19-Apr-00
	
This document describes the Simple Control Transmission Protocol
(SCTP). SCTP is designed to transport PSTN signalling messages over
IP networks, but is capable of broader applications.
SCTP is a reliable datagram transfer protocol operating on top of an
unreliable routed packet network such as IP. It offers the following
services to its users:
-- acknowledged error-free non-duplicated transfer of user data,
-- data segmentation to conform to discovered path MTU size, 
-- sequenced delivery of user messages within multiple streams,
with an option for order-of-arrival delivery of individual
user messages, 
-- optional multiplexing of user messages into SCTP datagrams, and 
-- network-level fault tolerance through supporting of multi-homing
at either or both ends of an association. 
The design of SCTP includes appropriate congestion avoidance behaviour
and resistance to flooding and masquerade attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.