Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-calhoun-diameter-framework-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 06:40:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DIAMETER Framework Document
	Author(s)	: P. Calhoun,  G. Zorn,  P. Pan, H. Akhtar
	Filename	: draft-calhoun-diameter-framework-07.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 20-Apr-00
	
Current Internet Service Providers (ISPs) scale their networks by
using the RADIUS protocol, which provides user Authentication,
Authorization and Accounting (AAA) of Dial-up PPP clients. The recent
work done in the Roaming Operations (ROAMOPS) Working Group was to
investigate whether RADIUS could be used in a roaming network, and
concluded that RADIUS was ill-suited for inter-domain purposes.
The IETF has formed a new NAS Requirements Working Group, and part of
their charter is to document the next generation NAS' AAA
requirements.  Recently, the Mobile-IP Working Group also documented
their own AAA requirements that would help Mobile IP scale for
Inter-Domain mobility.
The DIAMETER protocol is a follow-on to the RADIUS protocol. DIAMETER
addresses the known RADIUS deficiencies, and is intended for use with
the NASREQ and Mobile IP application space.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-diameter-framework-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-calhoun-diameter-framework-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-diameter-framework-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.