Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-floyd-cong-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 06:52:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Congestion Control Principles
	Author(s)	: S. Floyd
	Filename	: draft-floyd-cong-03.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 26-Apr-00
	
The goal of this document is to explain the need for congestion
control in the Internet, and to discuss what constitutes correct
congestion control.  One specific goal is to illustrate the dangers
of neglecting to apply proper congestion control.  A second goal is
to discuss the role of the IETF in standardizing new congestion
control protocols.
This document draws heavily from earlier RFCs, in some cases
reproducing entire sections of the text of earlier documents
[RFC2309, RFC2357].  We have also borrowed heavily from earlier
publications addressing the need for end-to-end congestion control
[FF99].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-floyd-cong-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-floyd-cong-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-floyd-cong-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.