Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-floyd-ecn-tunnels-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 06:45:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ECN Interactions with IP Tunnels
	Author(s)	: S. Floyd, K. Ramakrishnan
	Filename	: draft-floyd-ecn-tunnels-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 27-Apr-00
	
The encapsulation of IP packet headers in tunnels is used in many
places, including IPsec and IP in IP [RFC2003].  Explicit Congestion
Notification (ECN) is an experimental addition to the IP architecture
that uses the ECN field in the IP header to provide an indication of
the onset of congestion to applications.  ECN provides this
congestion indication to enable end-node adaptation to network
conditions without the use of dropped packets [RFC 2481].  Currently,
the ECN specification does not accommodate the constraints imposed by
with some of these pre-existing specifications for tunnels.  This
document considers issues related to interactions between ECN and IP
tunnels, and proposes two alternative solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-floyd-ecn-tunnels-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-floyd-ecn-tunnels-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-floyd-ecn-tunnels-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.