Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-set-passwd-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 06:43:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Kerberos Set/Change Password: Version 2
	Author(s)	: M. Swift, J. Trostle, J. Brezak, B. Gossman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-set-passwd-03.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 19-Apr-00
	
The Kerberos (RFC 1510 [3]) change password protocol (Horowitz [4]), 
does not allow for an administrator to set a password for a new user. 
This functionality is useful in some environments, and this proposal 
extends [4] to allow password setting. The changes are: adding new 
fields to the request message to indicate the principal which is 
having its password set, not requiring the initial flag in the service 
ticket, using a new protocol version number, and adding three new 
result codes. We also extend the set/change protocol to allow a 
client to send a sequence of keys to the KDC instead of a cleartext 
password. If in the cleartext password case, the cleartext password 
fails to satisfy password policy, the server should use the result    
code KRB5_KPASSWD_POLICY_REJECT.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-set-passwd-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-set-passwd-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-set-passwd-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.