Subject: Protocol Action: Deliver By SMTP Service Extension to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 17:30:06 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Deliver By SMTP Service
Extension' <draft-newman-deliver-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard.   This
has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Patrik Faltstrom and Keith Moore.

Technical Summary
 
This paper defines the Deliver By SMTP service extension which uses
the SMTP service extension mechanism described in RFC 1869. The
extension gives the ability for a sender to specify when a mail is to
be delivered.

Working Group Summary

There has been consensus on this way of implementing the service.

Protocol Quality

The spec was reviewed by Patrik Faltstrom

RFC Editor Note:

The IESG requests that the RFC Editor add "MUST NOT" and "SHOULD NOT" to 
the list of terms from 2119 in Section 2 of the document.)

The IESG also requests the editor to change the two occurances of "Must 
not" in Section 5.1.4.1 to "MUST NOT"