Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-altman-telnet-fwdx-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 07:34:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Telnet Forwarding of X Windows Session Data
	Author(s)	: J. Altman, P. Runestig
	Filename	: draft-altman-telnet-fwdx-02.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 07-Apr-00
	
This Internet-Draft describes a mechanism via which X Window System 
client applications to which a telnet session has been established may 
have their communications with the X Windows Server forwarded via the
Telnet communications channel.  This is desireable when the Telnet
session is established through a Firewall or Network Address Translator
which does not allow arbitrary connections to be created from the host
machine to the client machine; or when the Telnet session is using an
authenticated and encrypted channel and that same security is desired
for the X Window System session data.  X Window System client are 
authorized by the tunnel using X Display access control data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-altman-telnet-fwdx-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-altman-telnet-fwdx-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-altman-telnet-fwdx-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.