Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-daviel-http-geo-header-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 06:39:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Geographic extensions  for HTTP transactions
	Author(s)	: A. Daviel
	Filename	: draft-daviel-http-geo-header-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 20-Apr-00
	
This memo describes a method of adding simple geographic position
information to HTTP transactions using extension headers.  In the
case of an HTTP request, the extensions indicate a geographic
position or region that the requesting agent is interested in.   This
information may be used by a server to present appropriate position-
dependant responses, such as search engine results, without the
additional overhead of geographic query requests.  In the case of an
HTTP response, the extensions indicate a geographic position or
region relevant to the resource described in the body of the
response. This information may be used for automated resource
discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daviel-http-geo-header-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-daviel-http-geo-header-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-daviel-http-geo-header-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.