Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-christian-prop-semantics-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:44:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Use of a Semantics Register with WebDAV Properties
	Author(s)	: E. Christian
	Filename	: draft-christian-prop-semantics-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 24-Apr-00
	
This document specifies a mechanism to associate a WebDAV ([WEBDAV]) 
property with an entry in a Semantics Register. A Semantics Register 
documents the meaning of properties in a formal manner and may be 
implemented with schema technologies such as Extensible Markup 
Language (XML) Schema ([XMLSCHEMA]) or Resource Description Framework
(RDF) Schema ([RDFS]). Schema technologies expose the derivation of 
complex properties from simpler concepts, as demonstrated in the Basic 
Semantics Register ([BSR]) for data elements used in Electronic Data 
Interchange. Registering the meanings of properties in this manner can 
enhance interoperability across systems and throughout the long-term 
information life cycle.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-christian-prop-semantics-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-christian-prop-semantics-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-christian-prop-semantics-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.