Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mahajan-conformance-test-sctp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 06:54:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Conformance Test Specification for SCTP
	Author(s)	: S. Mahajan
	Filename	: draft-mahajan-conformance-test-sctp-01.txt
	Pages		: 125
	Date		: 17-May-00
	
This document presents the conformance test specification for SCTP 
prototcol (ver 07), which can be used to test SCTP implementations for
conformance to the protocol definition. The list of test is exhaustive
and covers almost all the categories of test, except few (test for timer
calculation and congestion) which will be added in the next revision of
the draft. 
This draft can also be used in conjunction with SCTP specification by
implementor of protocol as implementors guide, as the pictorial 
representation of various scenarios help understand the protocol.

Next revision of the draft will also cover the additions done to the
protocol revision SCTP-09 and any subsequent RFC published by IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mahajan-conformance-test-sctp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mahajan-conformance-test-sctp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mahajan-conformance-test-sctp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.