Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-rocco-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 06:35:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RObust Checksum-based header COmpression (ROCCO)
	Author(s)	: L. Jonsson, M. Degermark, H. Hannu,  K. Svanbro
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-rocco-00.txt
	Pages		: 67
	Date		: 24-May-00
	
Existing header compression schemes do not work well when used over
links with significant error rates, especially when the round-trip
time of the link is long. For many bandwidth limited links where
header compression is essential, such characteristics are common.
A header compression framework and a highly robust and efficient
header compression scheme is introduced in this document, adaptable
to the characteristics of the link over which it is used and also to
the properties of the packet streams it compresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-rocco-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-rocco-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-rocco-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.