Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tran-rohc-upd-packets-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 06:40:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Robust Header Compression using Update Packets
	Author(s)	: H. Tran, E. Schnurr, M. Gallant
	Filename	: draft-tran-rohc-upd-packets-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 05-May-00
	
This contribution describes a new header compression scheme whereby 
small update packets are sent from the compressor to the 
decompressor. This scheme maintains the same compressed header 
size even when the BER (Bit Error Rate) increases. Simulations show 
that this scheme will approach the ideal header compression scheme. 
The main advantage of our scheme is that it is logically simple. 
The compressor has total control of when the small update packets 
are to be sent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tran-rohc-upd-packets-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tran-rohc-upd-packets-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tran-rohc-upd-packets-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.