Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mcpherson-l2tp-es-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 06:40:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: L2TP Circuit Emulation Services Extension
	Author(s)	: D. McPherson, R. Bhat, A. Koscinski, C. Ho
	Filename	: draft-mcpherson-l2tp-es-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 04-May-00
	
The Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) [RFC2661] defines a mechanism
for tunneling PPP sessions.  This document proposes mechanisms by
which the L2TP tunneling scheme can be used to provide circuit
emulation support for layer 2 circuits (i.e. Frame Relay or ATM), as
well as TDM circuits (i.e. DS1 or DS3).  L2TP is used to provide
tunneling support and each circuit is encapsulated over a session
inside the Tunnel.
An Encapsulation Services Protocol [RefESP] is used on top of the
individual L2TP sessions to support the circuit emulation of layer
2 VCs or TDM circuits.  The purpose of this document is to explain
the L2TP modifications done to facilitate support of circuit 
emulation services, as well as to define the additional AVPs that can
be used to provide the service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcpherson-l2tp-es-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mcpherson-l2tp-es-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mcpherson-l2tp-es-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.