Subject: RFC 2809 on L2TP Compulsory Tunneling via RADIUS

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 16:02:33 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2809

        Title:	    Implementation of L2TP Compulsory Tunneling via
                    RADIUS 
        Author(s):  B. Aboba, G. Zorn
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 47259
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None    

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2809.txt

This document discusses implementation issues arising in the
provisioning of compulsory tunneling in dial-up networks using the
L2TP protocol.  This provisioning can be accomplished via the
integration of RADIUS and tunneling protocols. Implementation issues
encountered with other tunneling protocols are left to separate
documents.

This document is a product of the Remote Authentication Dial-In User
Service Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.