Subject: RFC 2838 on URIs for TV Broadcasts

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 07:46:40 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2838

        Title:	    Uniform Resource Identifiers for Television
                    Broadcasts 
        Author(s):  D. Zigmond, M. Vickers
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       May 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11405
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None
        I-D Tag:    draft-zigmond-tv-url-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2838.txt

World-Wide Web browsers are starting to appear on a variety of
consumer electronic devices, such as television sets and television
set-top boxes, which are capable of receiving television programming
from either terrestrial broadcast, satellite broadcast, or cable. In
this context there is a need to reference television broadcasts
using the URI format described in [RFC 2396]. This document
describes a widely-implemented URI scheme to refer to such
broadcasts.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.