Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-skreddy-pkix-webcap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 06:37:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: WEB based Certificate Access Protocol-- WebCAP/1.0
	Author(s)	: S. Reddy
	Filename	: draft-skreddy-pkix-webcap-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 19-May-00
	
This document describes the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
(PKI) Certificate Access Protocols. Protocol messages are defined for
all relevant aspects of certificate creation and management.  Note
that 'certificate' in this document refers to an X.509v3
Certificate as defined in [COR95, X509-AM].
This document specifies a set of methods, headers, and content-types
ancillary to HTTP/1.1 to publish, retrieve X.509 certificates and
Certificate Revocation Lists. This protocol also facilitates
determining current status of a digital certificate without the use
of CRLs.  This protocol defines new methods, request and response
bodies, error codes to HTTP/1.1 protocol for securely publishing,
retrieving, and validation certificates across a firewalls.
A various certificate related information that includes certificates,
CLs, and certification authority (CA) policy are retrieved from an
integrated single authority access point specified in X.509 version 3
extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-skreddy-pkix-webcap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-skreddy-pkix-webcap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-skreddy-pkix-webcap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.