Subject: RFC 2844 on OSPF over ATM and Proxy-PAR

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 12:06:10 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2844

        Title:	    OSPF over ATM and Proxy-PAR
        Author(s):  T. Przygienda, P. Droz, R. Haas
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       May 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 32146
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-atm-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2844.txt

This memo specifies, for OSPF implementors and users, mechanisms
describing how the protocol operates in ATM networks over PVC and SVC
meshes with the presence of Proxy-PAR. These recommendations require
no protocol changes and allow simpler, more efficient and
cost-effective network designs. It is recommended that OSPF
implementations should be able to support logical interfaces, each
consisting of one or more virtual circuits and used either as numbered
logical point-to-point links (one VC), logical NBMA networks (more
than one VC) or Point-to-MultiPoint networks (more than one VC), where
a solution simulating broadcast interfaces is not appropriate. PAR can
help distribute across the ATM cloud configuration setup and changes
of such interfaces when OSPF capable routers are (re-)configured.
Proxy-PAR can in turn be used to exchange this information between the
ATM cloud and the routers connected to it. 

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.