Subject: Protocol Action: Textual Conventions for Internet Network Addresses to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 13:26:08 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Textual Conventions for
Internet Network Addresses ' <draft-ops-endpoint-mib-08.txt>
as a Proposed Standard.  This document is not the product of an IETF
Working Group. The work was done by a Design Team, chartered by
the ADs of the Internet and Operations and Management Area.
IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen, Randy Bush, Thomas Narten
and Erik Nordmark.

Technical Summary
 
   This MIB module defines textual conventions to represent commonly
   used Internet network layer addressing information. The intent is that
   these definitions will be imported and used in MIBs that would 
   otherwise define their own representations.

Working Group Summary

  This document was prepared by the "IPv6MIB design team. It has been
  reviewed on the [email-masked] mailing list and has gone through a
  4 week IETF Last Call. As a result of the IETF Last Call, a few editorial
  changes were made.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.