Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 06:43:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Policy Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: QoS Policy Schema
	Author(s)	: Y. Snir, Y. Ramberg, J. Strassner,  R. Cohen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-01.txt
	Pages		: 79
	Date		: 01-May-00
	
The purpose of this document is to provide a mapping of QoS policy 
information to a form that can be implemented in a directory that uses 
(L)DAP as its access protocol. Its derivation is as follows.

The structure of generic policy information is defined in the Policy 
Core Information Model ([PCIM]). The mapping of this information to a 
form that can be implemented in a directory is defined in the Policy 
Core Schema ([PFSCHEMA]). The [PCIM] is extended to represent specific 
information needed to represent QoS policies with the QoS Information 
Model ([QOSIM]). This draft, then, maps the data defined in the [QOSIM] 
to a form that can be implemented in a directory. Specifically, this 
draft refines the concept of generic policy rules, conditions and 
actions to cover extensions necessary for representing policies to 
control the configuration and management of RSVP and Differentiated 
Services. This document also discusses LDAP related issues regarding 
the implementation of such a schema.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-schema-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.