Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-kw-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 06:35:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Robust Header Compression using Keyword-Packets
	Author(s)	: A. Miyazaki, H. Fukushima, T. Wiebke,
                          R. Hakenberg, C. Burmeister
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-kw-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 24-May-00
	
Header Compression has proven to be essential for using RTP over
bandwidth limited links. While all of these links have only a
limited bandwidth, some are additional extremely unreliable, e.g.
wireless links. It is shown, that existing Header Compression
schemes, that work well over reliable links, perform very bad, if
many errors occur.
This led to the development of a new robust Header Compression
mechanism, that is introduced in this paper. The core idea is the
definition of update packets, which are referenced by non-update
packets. This reduces the interdependency between the packets and
with this the amount of discarded packets at the decompressor.
The Header Compression scheme, the used packet formats and the
decompression algorithm, are described in detail.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-kw-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-kw-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-kw-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.