Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ioag-base-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 06:33:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BASE (Billing- and Accounting-System 
                          Exchange-Protocol) Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: O. Maletzki, T. Dieckmann, M. Grundmann
	Filename	: draft-ioag-base-00.txt
	Pages		: 69
	Date		: 28-Apr-00
	
The Billing and Accounting System Exchange (BASE) protocol is 
intended for use for the data transfer between the subsystems of a 
distributed billing and accounting system. It defines the 
communication between central billing engines (BEs) and one or more 
locally or remotely installed billing agents (BAs). BAs are used to 
supply the BEs with load data used for billing and accounting 
purposes. BEs are responsible for the process of billing and 
accounting as well as for the configuration of the BAs and their 
connected source systems. This document defines and describes the 
BASE protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ioag-base-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ioag-base-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ioag-base-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.