Subject: Protocol Action: RTP Payload Format for Real-Time Pointers to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 13:01:25 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'RTP Payload Format for
Real-Time Pointers' <draft-ietf-avt-pointer-02.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Scott Bradner and Allison 
Mankin.

Technical Summary
 
 This document describes an RTP payload format for transporting the
 coordinates of a dynamic pointer such as might be used during a
 presentation.  The payload format is narrowly scoped; in particular,
 it is not meant to serve as a general mouse event transmission mechanism.

Working Group Summary

 The payload format was first presented at the Oslo IETF meeting. A number
 of changes were suggested at that meeting, and incorporated into the
 format, with the result of making it resolution independent and easier
 to synchronize with other media formats. There is now good WG consensus
 for publishing the document.

Protocol Quality

 Vern Paxson reviewed the spec for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please replace the first occurance of the phrase "mouse buttons" with 
"pointer special effects flags, such as mouse buttons", and all
subsequent occurances of the phrase "mouse buttons" with "pointer flags".