Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tsirtsis-dhc-aaa-ra-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 06:37:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Triggering AAA from DHCP Relay Agents
	Author(s)	: G. Tsirtsis
	Filename	: draft-tsirtsis-dhc-aaa-ra-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 19-May-00
	
Recently there has been interest in using DHCP for configuring 
clients accessing the Internet through some form of high-speed 
access technology such as cable or ADSL [DHC-AGENT]. In addition, 
although DHCP was initially designed for configuring fixed hosts, 
proposals are being made to enhance DHCP to support roaming/mobile 
clients [DHC-ENHANCE]. These two trends have put in evidence the 
need for a coupling between AAA and DHCP. Some initial requirements 
for DHCP/AAA have been proposed in [DHC-AAA].
This document proposes a different model in which AAA procedures are 
invoked not from a DHCP server but from a DHCP relay agent to make 
sure that ALL the Internet Access features supported by the PPP model 
can be replicated in a DHCP based Internet Access environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsirtsis-dhc-aaa-ra-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tsirtsis-dhc-aaa-ra-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tsirtsis-dhc-aaa-ra-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.