Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tn3270e-extensions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 06:36:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telnet TN3270 Enhancements Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: TN3270E Functional Extensions
	Author(s)	: G. Pullen, M. Williams
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tn3270e-extensions-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 03-May-00
	
This draft addresses issues and implementation problems defined and
discussed at the TN3270E/TN5250E Interoperability Events.  It does
not replace the current TN3270 Enhancements protocol.  It describes
functional extensions to the TN3270E protocol.  The TN3270E function
negotiation mechanism is used to allow the server and client to
determine which, if any, of these functions will be supported during
a session.  This preserves backward compatibility between clients
and servers that do not support these features.
 
Among the issues to be address by this draft are SNA/TN3270E
Contention state resolution, SNA Sense Code support, Function
Management Header support, and TN3270E header byte-doubling
suppression.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-extensions-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tn3270e-extensions-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-extensions-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.