Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-acap-authid-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 06:42:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application Configuration Access Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ACAP Authorization Identifier Datasets Classes
	Author(s)	: S. Hole, A. Melnikov
	Filename	: draft-ietf-acap-authid-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 01-May-00
	
Most distributed (client/server) applications require an authenti-
cation process between the client and the server before the server
will grant access to its managed resources.  Many applications pro-
vide varying levels of access to server resources based on a combi-
nation of authentication credentials and access control rules.
The collection of information used to control access to resources
is called 'authorization information'.
The authorization identifer datasets contain lists of users and
groups of users that can be used by applications for authorization
purposes.  Access control mechanisms can be abstracted from under-
lying authentication mechanisms and credential formats.  They can
be extended to include group memberships in dynamic calculations
for access rights to resources or in definition of one time autho-
rization certificates.
The Application Configuration Access Protocol (ACAP) supports the
remote storage and access of many types of structured configuration
information.  The authorization identifier datasets specification
describes the 'userid' and 'groupid' datasets which contain the
authorization information.  It also describes ACAP server capabili-
ties that advertise a server's support for authorization user and
group semantics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-authid-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-acap-authid-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-authid-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.