Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dfncis-netnews-admin-sys-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 06:34:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Netnews Administration System (NAS)
	Author(s)	: P. Grau, V. Heinau, H. Schlichting
	Filename	: draft-dfncis-netnews-admin-sys-01.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 23-May-00
	
The Netnews Administration System (NAS) is a framework to simplify
the administration and usage of network news on the Internet. Data
for the administration of newsgroups and hierarchies are kept in a
distributed hierarchical database, and are available through a
client-server-protocol.
The database is accessible by news servers and news administrators as
well as by news readers. News servers can update their configuration
automatically, administrators are able to get the data manually. News
reader programs are able to get certain information from an NAS
server, automatically or at a user's discretion, to provide detailed
information about groups and hierarchies to the user.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dfncis-netnews-admin-sys-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dfncis-netnews-admin-sys-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dfncis-netnews-admin-sys-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.