Subject: Protocol Action: Content feature schema for Internet fax to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 08:53:32 -0400

The IESG has approved publication of the following Internet-Drafts:

o Content feature schema for Internet fax
	<draft-ietf-fax-feature-schema-v2-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

o Internet fax T.30 Feature Mapping
	<draft-ietf-fax-feature-T30-mapping-03.txt> as Informational.

These documents are the product of the Internet Fax Working Group.  The
IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
  Content Feature Schema for Internet Fax (V2) revises the content feature
  Schema described in RFC 2531, with clarifications to some of the feature
  tag descriptions, and addition of one new feature tag.  The changes
  from RFC 2531 and this document (listed in Appendix C) are generally
  clarifications.

  Internet fax T.30 Feature Mapping describes how to map Group 3 fax
  capability identification bits, described in ITU T.30, into the
  Internet fax feature schema described in the Content Feature
  Schema for Internet Fax document.

Working Group Summary

  The discussion within the working group was generally noncontroversial.

Protocol Quality

  The clarifications for Content Feature Schema for Internet Fax
  were based on implementation experience with RFC 2531.
  Keith Moore reviewed these documents for IESG.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please replace in draft-ietf-fax-feature-schema-v2-01.txt:

1. Introduction

   This document revises the content feature schema described in RFC
   2531, with clarifications to some of the feature tag descriptions
   and addition of one new feature tag.

with

1. Introduction

   This document revises the content feature schema described in RFC
   2531, with clarifications to some of the feature tag descriptions
   and addition of one new feature tag.  This document thus obsoletes
   RFC 2531.