Subject: RFC 2808 on The SecurID(r) SASL Mechanism

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 09:10:00 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2808

        Title:	    The SecurID(r) SASL Mechanism
        Author(s):  M. Nystrom
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 20342
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2808.txt

SecurID is a hardware token card product (or software emulation
thereof) produced by RSA Security Inc., which is used for end-user
authentication. This document defines a SASL [RFC2222] authentication
mechanism using these tokens, thereby providing a means for such
tokens to be used in SASL environments. This mechanism is only for
authentication, and has no effect on the protocol encoding and is not
designed to provide integrity or confidentiality services.
 
This memo assumes the reader has basic familiarity with the SecurID
token, its associated authentication protocol and SASL.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.