Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vaudreuil-binaryheaders-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 06:35:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SMTP Service Extensions for Transmission of Large
                          and Binary Message Headers
	Author(s)	: G. Vaudreuil
	Filename	: draft-vaudreuil-binaryheaders-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 03-May-00
	
This memo defines two new service extensions to the SMTP service.  The
first service enables a SMTP server to indicate the maximum size
RFC822 header it is willing to accept in a message.  The second
enables a SMTP client and server to negotiate the use of 8bit or or
8bit encoded binary contents within the message header.  This memo
specifies the algorithms necessary for the interworking between
extended clients with a large and binary header and non-extended SMTP
servers.

     It is expected this document may be split into three, 1) The ESMTP
     messageheader SIZE extension, 2) the ESMTP 8bit message header
     encoding extension, and 3) the registration of the

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-binaryheaders-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vaudreuil-binaryheaders-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-binaryheaders-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.