Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosen-rfc2547bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 06:35:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP/MPLS VPNs
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen et al.
	Filename	: draft-rosen-rfc2547bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 24-May-00
	
This document describes a method by which a Service Provider may use
an IP backbone to provide VPNs for its customers.  MPLS is used for
forwarding packets over the backbone, and BGP is used for
distributing routes over the backbone.  The primary goal of this
method is to support the case in which a client obtains IP backbone
services from a Service Provider or Service Providers with which it
maintains contractual relationships.  The client may be an
enterprise, a group of enterprises which need an extranet, an
Internet Service Provider, an application service provider, another
VPN Service Provider which uses this same method to offer VPNs to
clients of its own, etc.  The method makes it very simple for the
client to use the backbone services.  It is also very scalable and
flexible for the Service Provider, and allows the Service Provider to
add value.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-rfc2547bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosen-rfc2547bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosen-rfc2547bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.