Subject: RFC 2832 on NSI Registry Registrar Protocol

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:51:04 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2832

        Title:	    NSI Registry Registrar Protocol (RRP) 
                    Version 1.1.0 
        Author(s):  S. Hollenbeck, M. Srivastava
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       May 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 77057
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2832.txt

This document describes a protocol for the registration and
management of second level domain names and associated name servers
in both generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs) and country code Top Level
Domains (ccTLDs). This protocol was developed by the Network
Solutions Registry for use within the Shared Registration System and
is being published "as-is" to document the protocol implementation
developed by the Network Solutions, Inc. Registry.
 
Internet domain name registration typically involves three entities:
a registrant who wishes to register a domain name, a registrar who
provides services to the registrant, and a registry that provides
services to the registrar while serving as the authoritative
repository of all functional information required to resolve names
registered in the registry's TLDs.  This document describes a
protocol for registry-registrar communication only.  The protocol
does not provide any registrant services.
 
This document is being discussed on the "rrp" mailing list.  To join
the list, send a message to <[email-masked]> with the
words "subscribe rrp" in the body of the message. There is also a web
site for the mailing list archives at
<http://www.NSIRegistry.net/maillist/rrp>.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.