Subject: Protocol Action: Application and Sub Application Identity Policy Element for Use with RSVP to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 08:09:57 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Application and Sub
Application Identity Policy Element for Use with RSVP'
<draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-appid-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working
Group. The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
   RSVP [RFC 2205] signaling messages typically include policy data objects,
which in turn    contain policy elements. Policy elements may describe user
and/or application information,    which may be used by RSVP aware network
elements to apply appropriate policy decisions       to a traffic flow. This
document details the usage of policy elements that provide application
information.

Working Group Summary

  This document has WG consensus and no comments were raised during
  IETF Last Call.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.