Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-diffserv-model-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 06:34:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Differentiated Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Conceptual Model for Diffserv Routers
	Author(s)	: Y. Bernet,  A. Smith, S. Blake,  D. Grossman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-diffserv-model-03.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 22-May-00
	
This draft proposes a conceptual model of Differentiated Services
(Diffserv) routers for use in their management and configuration.  This
model defines the general functional datapath elements (classifiers,
meters, markers, droppers, monitors, multiplexors, queues), their
possible configuration parameters, and how they might be interconnected
to realize the range of classification, traffic conditioning, and per-
hop behavior (PHB) functionalities described in [DSARCH]. The model is
intended to be abstract and capable of representing the configuration
parameters important to Diffserv functionality for a variety of specific
router implementations. It is not intended as a guide to hardware
implementation.
This model serves as the rationale for the design of an SNMP MIB [DSMIB]
and for other configuration interfaces (e.g.  [DSPIB]) and more detailed
models (e.g. [QOSDEVMOD]): these should all be based upon and consistent
with this model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-model-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-diffserv-model-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-model-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.