Subject: Protocol Action: The Interfaces Group MIB to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 15:58:28 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'The Interfaces Group MIB'
<draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-03.txt> as a Draft Standard. This document
obsoletes RFC1573 and RFC2233, currently Proposed Standards.

This document is the product of the Interfaces MIB Working Group.  The
IESG contact persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary

This document describes managed objects used for managing Network
Interfaces.  It discusses the 'interfaces' group of MIB-II, especially
the experience gained from the definition of numerous media-specific
MIB modules for use in conjunction with the 'interfaces' group for
managing various sub-layers beneath the internetwork-layer.  It
specifies clarifications to, and extensions of, the architectural
issues within the MIB-II model of the 'interfaces' group.  This
document obsoletes RFCs 1573 and 2233, the previous versions of the
Interfaces Group MIB.

Working Group Summary

There was concensus in the WG for this document.

Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten and Bert
Wijnen.

Note to RFC Editor:

1) Please add RFC's 1573 and 2233 to the references section.

2) Please change the last sentence in paragraph 1 of the introduction from:

	"This memo obsoletes RFCs 1573 and 2233, the previous versions of
	 the Interfaces Group MIB."

to

	"This memo obsoletes RFC 2233, the previous version of the
	 Interfaces Group MIB."