Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 06:54:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DNS Extensions to Support IPv6 Address Aggregation and
                          Renumbering
	Author(s)	: M. Crawford, . Huitema, S. Thomson 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-08.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 17-May-00
	
This document defines changes to the Domain Name System to support
renumberable and aggregatable IPv6 addressing.  The changes include
a new resource record type to store an IPv6 address in a manner
which expedites network renumbering and updated definitions of
existing query types that return Internet addresses as part of
additional section processing.

For lookups keyed on IPv6 addresses (often called reverse lookups),
this document defines a new zone structure which allows a zone to be
used without modification for parallel copies of an address space
(as for a multihomed provider or site) and across network
renumbering events.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.