Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:15:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Foreign Agent Assisted Hand-off
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, P. Calhoun, C. Pairla
	Filename	: draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 06-Jun-00
	
The Mobile IP WG has been investigating how its protocol can be used
in environments that require fast hand-off, which is especially
important for real-time applications such as voice and video. The
Mobile IP protocol is not currently designed to provide fast hand-off
services to Mobile Nodes.
This specification proposes extensions to the Mobile IP protocol that
may be used by Foreign Agents within a domain in order to setup a
Mobile Node's visitor entry, and forward its packets, prior to the
formal Mobile IP registration process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-mobileip-proactive-fa-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.