Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for Frame Relay Service to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 07:47:35 -0400

The IESG has approved the following Internet-Drafts as Proposed
Standards:

o Definitions of Managed Objects for Frame Relay Service
	<draft-ietf-frnetmib-frs-mib-12.txt>

  Note that this document replaces RFC1604, published as a Proposed Standard.

o Definitions of Managed Objects for Monitoring and Controlling the
  Frame Relay/ATM PVC Service Interworking Function
	 <draft-ietf-frnetmib-atmiwf-06.txt>

These documents are the product of the Frame Relay Service MIB Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
These documents define objects for managing the Frame Relay service,
and for managing the service interworking function (IWF) for
Permanent Virtual Connections (PVC) between Frame Relay and
Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) technologies, respectively.

Working Group Summary

There was consensus is the WG to advance the documents.
A previous version of draft-ietf-frnetmib-frs-mib-09.txt had last call
comments. Those were resolved by modifying frs-mib to make it depend on
the atmiwf document, and make the atmiwf document depend on frs-mib.

Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Erik Nordmark.

Note to the RFC Editor: These two MIBs cross-reference each other,
so they will need to be published together, with the references updated by
the RFC Editor.