Subject: RFC 2853 on GSS-API Java Bindings

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:51:56 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2853

        Title:	    Generic Security Service API Version 2 : Java
                    Bindings 
        Author(s):  J. Kabat, M. Upadhyay
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       June 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      97
        Characters: 199512
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-javabind-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2853.txt

The Generic Security Services Application Program Interface (GSS-API)
offers application programmers uniform access to security services
atop a variety of underlying cryptographic mechanisms. This document
specifies the Java bindings for GSS-API which is described at a
language independent conceptual level in RFC 2743 [GSSAPIv2-UPDATE].
 
The GSS-API allows a caller application to authenticate a principal
identity, to delegate rights to a peer, and to apply security
services such as confidentiality and integrity on a per-message
basis. Examples of security mechanisms defined for GSS-API are The
Simple Public-Key GSS-API Mechanism [SPKM] and The Kerberos Version 5
GSS-API Mechanism [KERBV5].

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.