Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-haverinen-mobileip-gsmsim-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 06:46:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GSM SIM Authentication for Mobile IP
	Author(s)	: H. Haverinen
	Filename	: draft-haverinen-mobileip-gsmsim-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 19-Jun-00
	
This document specifies a mechanism for generating Mobile IP
authentication keys using the GSM Subscriber Identity Module (SIM).
The mechanism uses new subtypes of the generalized key distribution
extensions [1] for Mobile IP Registration Request and Registration
Reply. After the authentication keys have been generated, the
default Mobile IP authentication with these keys can be used (MD5 in
prefix + suffix mode). The keys can be used for several subsequent
registrations. However, there is a lifetime for these keys and
before the lifetime expires, new keys can be generated with the same
procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haverinen-mobileip-gsmsim-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-haverinen-mobileip-gsmsim-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-haverinen-mobileip-gsmsim-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.