Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-palme-mailext-headers-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:03:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Common Internet Message Header Fields
	Author(s)	: J. Palme
	Filename	: draft-palme-mailext-headers-03.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 12-Jun-00
	
This memo contains tables of commonly occurring header fields in
headings of e-mail messages. The document compiles information from
other RFCs such as RFC 822, RFC 1036, RFC 1123, RFC 2156, RFC 1496,
RFC 1766, RFC 2183, RFC 1864, RFC 2421 and RFC 2045. A few commonly
occurring header fields which are not defined in RFCs are also
included. For each header field, the memo gives a short description
and a reference to the RFC in which the header field is defined.

This document is a revision of RFC 2076. The following new header
fields, not included in RFC 2076, have been added: Content-Alias,
Disposition-Notification-Options, Disposition-Notification-To, Expiry-
Date, For-Approval, List-Archive, List-Help, List-ID, List-Owner, List-
Post, List-Software, List-Subscribe, List-Unsubscribe, Original-
Recipient, PICS-Label, X-Envelope-From, X-Envelope-To, X-List-Host, X-
Listserver, X-MIME-Autoconverted, X-No-Archive, X-Priority, X-UIDL.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palme-mailext-headers-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-palme-mailext-headers-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-palme-mailext-headers-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.