Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-calhoun-diameter-accounting-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:56:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DIAMETER Accounting Extension
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko, P. Calhoun,  P. Patel,  G. Zorn
	Filename	: draft-calhoun-diameter-accounting-06.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 16-Jun-00
	
The DIAMETER protocol provides Authentication and Authorization for
network access technologies, such as NASREQ, ROAMOPS and Mobile IP.
The ROAMOPS WG has been working on an accounting data format, called
Accounting Data Interchange Format (ADIF), as a method to transfer
accounting information over a wide variety of transports.
This extension describes how accounting records can be securely
transmitted over the DIAMETER protocol. When combined with the
Strong Security extension, accounting records MAY traverse
intermediate proxies in a secure fashion and is compatible with
the referral broker model. This extension allows for both
real-time and batched accounting transfers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-diameter-accounting-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-calhoun-diameter-accounting-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-diameter-accounting-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.