Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapext-sorting-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 06:57:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP Extension Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDAP Control Extension for Server Side Sorting of 
                          Search Results
	Author(s)	: T. Howes, M. Wahl, A. Anantha
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapext-sorting-03.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 07-Jun-00
	
This  document  describes two LDAPv3 control extensions for  server side
sorting of search results. These controls allows a client to specify the
attribute types and  matching rules a  server should  use when returning
the results to an LDAP search request.  The controls may be useful when
the  LDAP client  has limited  functionality or  for some  other reason
cannot sort the results  but still needs them sorted.  Other permissible
controls on search operations are not defined in this extension.
 
The sort controls allow a server to return a result code for the sorting
of the results  that is independent  of the result code returned for the
search operation.
 
The key words 'MUST', 'SHOULD', and 'MAY' used in this document are to
be interpreted as described in [bradner97].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-sorting-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapext-sorting-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-sorting-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.