Subject: RFC 2863 on The Interfaces Group MIB

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:25:56 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2863

        Title:	    The Interfaces Group MIB
        Author(s):  K. McCloghrie, F. Kastenholz
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       June 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      69
        Characters: 155014
        Obsoletes:  2233

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ifmib-ifmib2-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2863.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it describes managed objects used for managing Network
Interfaces.  This memo discusses the \'interfaces' group of MIB-II
[17], especially the experience gained from the definition of numerous
media-specific MIB modules for use in conjunction with the
'interfaces' group for managing various sub-layers beneath the
internetwork-layer.  It specifies clarifications to, and extensions
of, the architectural issues within the MIB-II model of the
'interfaces' group.  This memo obsoletes RFC 2233, the previous
version of the Interfaces Group MIB.

This document is a product of the Interfaces MIB Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.