Subject: Protocol Action: Key and Sequence Number Extensions to GRE to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 07:56:53 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Key and Sequence Number
Extensions to GRE' <draft-dommety-gre-ext-04.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of
an IETF Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Randy Bush and
Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary
 
  This document describes extensions by which two additional fields,
  Key and Sequence Number, may optionally be carried in the GRE
  (Generic Routing Encapsulation, see RFC 2784) Header.  The Key field
  identifies an individual traffic flow within a tunnel.  The Sequence
  Number field maintains the sequence of packets within a GRE Tunnel.

Working Group Summary

  This is an individual submission. There was no technical comment during
  the IETF last call.

Protocol Quality

 This document was reviewed for the IESG by David Meyer and Randy Bush.