Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-papp-frp-spec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:15:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Firewall Redundancy Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: A. Papp
	Filename	: draft-papp-frp-spec-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 06-Jun-00
	
Firewalls are used to get controlled and secure connection between
networks, e.g. a company's internal network and the Internet. 
Preferably the firewall is the only link between the networks to be
able to guarantee a certain level of security. The firewall is a 
critical node in the network and if it would fail the result is 
lost connection between the networks.

To ensure reliability and connectivity we add redundancy, i.e. a
number of parallel firewalls are installed which will act as backups
for each other.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-papp-frp-spec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-papp-frp-spec-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-papp-frp-spec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.