Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-folts-ohno-ieps-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 07:00:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Functional Requirements for Priority Services to 
                          Support Critical Communications
	Author(s)	: H. Folts, H. Ohno
	Filename	: draft-folts-ohno-ieps-considerations-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 16-Jun-00
	
This draft requests development of detailed specifications for the
technical and operational requirements for an Internet-based
International Emergency Preparedness Scheme (IEPS) as
defined by ITU-T Recommendation E.106. Public
telecommunications services have long had such a
scheme, to ensure priority handling of telephone
communications, such as during natural disasters.  As a
wide range of communication services increasingly rely
upon the family of specifications related to Internet
Protocol (IP), IETF work needs to include consideration
and provision for supporting IEPS. This work needs to
be addressed in two phases concurrently - 1) interface
for transition from today's public switched telephone
network (PSTN) to IP-based network telephony services,
and 2) additional and enhanced capabilities, such as
application-specific IEPS services.  An Email list for discussion
and a Web site for background and documents has been established
to assist the work

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-folts-ohno-ieps-considerations-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-folts-ohno-ieps-considerations-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-folts-ohno-ieps-considerations-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.