Subject: Protocol Action: Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Encoding and Transport to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:13:57 -0400

The IESG has approved the following two documents as Proposed
Standards:

o Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Encoding and Transport
	<draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-v11-06.txt>

o Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics
	<draft-ietf-ipp-model-v11-05.txt>

These documents are the product of the Internet Printing Protocol
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik
Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
The Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Nodel and Semantics document defines
an architecture for printing services on the Internet, while the
Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Encoding and Transport defines a binding
of this architecture onto the HTTP/1.1 protocol.

Working Group Summary

This is a very large and complex protocol which the IPP WG has worked on
for a long time. The present documents are revisions of the earlier
IPP/1.0 informational documents RFC 2565 and RFC 2566.

Protocol Quality

Keith Moore reviewed IPP/1.0 for the IESG; Ned Freed reviewed IPP/1.1.