Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-impp-buddylist-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:56:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An XML Format for Presence Buddy Lists
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg et al.
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-impp-buddylist-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 16-Jun-00
	
This document defines an XML format for a buddy list, which
represents a list of other users a particular user would like to
subscribe to. When a presence client starts up, it needs to initiate
subscriptions to the users on the buddy list. By keeping this list in
a standard XML format, the list can be stored locally, or retrieved
remotely using HTTP or any other transfer protocol. The great
advantage of storing it remotely is that a user can move from machine
to machine, fetch their buddy list from a home server, and then
subscribe to those users. This provides personal mobility for
presence services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-impp-buddylist-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-impp-buddylist-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-impp-buddylist-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.