Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-natale-aaa-snmpv3-comp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 07:09:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Comparison of SNMPv3 Against AAA Network Access 
                          Requirements
	Author(s)	: B. Natale
	Filename	: draft-natale-aaa-snmpv3-comp-00.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 08-Jun-00
	
This document presents an overview of SNMPv3 compliance with the AAA 
protocol requirements for network access as stipulated in the 
'Network Access AAA Evaluation Criteria' Internet Draft dated April 
26, 2000 [1].  SNMPv3 protocol features and capabilities directly 
support many of the AAA requirements.  In addition, the more 
sophisticated management model (see Section 5, below) now underlying 
SNMP -- which has evolved from the original model introduced in the 
late 1980s under the guidance of extensive  use in the field -- 
enables the design, development, and deployment of more 
sophisticated management applications geared to the overall body of 
AAA protocol requirements (or sub-sets thereof).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-natale-aaa-snmpv3-comp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-natale-aaa-snmpv3-comp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-natale-aaa-snmpv3-comp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.