Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-haverinen-mobileip-reg-paging-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 06:46:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IP Regional Paging
	Author(s)	: H. Haverinen, J. Malinen
	Filename	: draft-haverinen-mobileip-reg-paging-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 20-Jun-00
	
This document specifies Mobile IP Regional Paging (MIRP), a small
and link-layer independent extension to Mobile IP [2] with regional
registrations [3], to support power-constrained operation in the
mobile nodes and to reduce routing state information in the visited
domain.  The extension allows a mobile node to enter a power saving
idle mode during which its location is known with the coarse
accuracy defined by a paging area. Downlink routes to idle mobile
nodes terminate in a paging foreign agent, which re-establishes them
on demand by means of paging. This does not require snooping of data
packets but is a natural extension to network-level routing.
Optionally, the mobile node and the visited domain can agree on
communication time slots used for Agent Advertisements and paging,
to restrict link interface power-on time in the mobile node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haverinen-mobileip-reg-paging-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-haverinen-mobileip-reg-paging-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-haverinen-mobileip-reg-paging-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.