Subject: RFC 2859 on TSWTCM

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:17:51 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2859

        Title:	    A Time Sliding Window Three Colour Marker (TSWTCM)
        Author(s):  W. Fang, N. Seddigh, B. Nandy
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       June 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19203
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-fang-diffserv-tc-tswtcm-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2859.txt

This memo defines a Time Sliding Window Three Colour Marker (TSWTCM),
which can be used as a component in a Diff-Serv traffic conditioner
[RFC2475, RFC2474].  The marker is intended to mark packets that will
be treated by the Assured Forwarding (AF) Per Hop Behaviour (PHB)
[AFPHB] in downstream routers. The TSWTCM meters a traffic stream and
marks packets to be either green, yellow or red based on the measured
throughput relative to two specified rates: Committed Target Rate
(CTR) and Peak Target Rate (PTR).

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.