Subject: Protocol Action: Use of Label Switching on Frame Relay Networks Specification to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 06:32:19 -0400

The IESG has approved publication of the following Internet-Drafts as
Proposed Standards:

o Use of Label Switching on Frame Relay Networks Specification
	<draft-ietf-mpls-fr-06.txt>

o MPLS using ATM VC Switching
	<draft-ietf-mpls-atm-04.txt>

These documents are the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are David Oran and Rob
Coltun.

Technical Summary
 
These documents extend and clarify the relevant portions of MPLS
architecture and the Label Distribution Protocol by specifying in more
detail the procedures which are to be used when distributing labels to
or from ATM and Frame Relay LSRs. They also specify the MPLS
encapsulations to be used when sending labeled packets to or from
ATM and Frame Relay LSRs.

Working Group Summary

There was no significant dissent from the working group
on these drafts.

Protocol Quality

These specs were reviewed for the IESG by Rob Coltun.
There are implementations of both mechanisms.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please remove Appendix A on draft-ietf-mpls-fr-05.txt prior to 
publication.
-