Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-compare-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 06:40:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Name Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Comparison of Internationalized Domain Name Proposals
	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idn-compare-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 14-Jun-00
	
The IDN Working Group is working on proposals for internationalized
domain names that might become a standard in the IETF. Before a single
full proposal can be made, competing proposals must be compared on a
wide range of requirements and desired features. This document compares
the many parts of a comprehensive protocol that have been proposed. It
is the companion document to 'Requirements of Internationalized Domain
Names' [IDN-REQ], which lays out the requirements for the
internationalized domain name protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-compare-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idn-compare-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-compare-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.