Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hodges-ldapv3-as-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 06:46:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3):        
                          Applicability Statement
	Author(s)	: J. Hodges, B. Morgan 
	Filename	: draft-hodges-ldapv3-as-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 23-Jun-00
	
The specification for the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol version
3 (LDAPv3) nominally comprises eight separte RFCs which were issued in
two distinct subsets at separate times (RFCs 2251..2256 first, then RFCs
2229 and 2830 following later), but this has never been formally stated.
Additionally, RFCs 2251..2256 each are embellished with an 'IESG Note'
warning implementors and deployers of potential interoperability prob-
lems due to the lack of a specification of mandatory-to-implement
authentication mechanism(s). This document corrects both situations by
explicitly specifying the set of RFCs comprising LDAPv3 and rescinding
the 'IESG Note' due to the specification of mandatory-to-implement
authentication mechanisms in RFC 2829.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hodges-ldapv3-as-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hodges-ldapv3-as-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hodges-ldapv3-as-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.