Subject: WG Review: Blocks eXtensible eXchange Protocol (bxxpwg)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:03:06 -0400

A new IETF working group has been proposed in the Applications Area.
The IESG has not made any determination as yet. 

The following Description was submitted, and is provided for
informational purposes only:

Blocks eXtensible eXchange Protocol (bxxpwg)
--------------------------------------------
 
 Mailing Lists: 
     General Discussion:[email-masked]
     To Subscribe:      [email-masked]
     Archive:           http://lists.invisible.net/pipermail/bxxpwg/

Description of Working Group:
 
The IETF BXXP working group shall develop a standards-track application
protocol framework for connection-oriented, asynchronous 
request/response interactions.

The framework must permit multiplexing of independent request/response
streams over a single transport conneciton, supporting both textual and
binary messages.

The working group shall use BXXP (as described in
draft-mrose-blocks-protocol-03) as its starting point. The working group
is authorized to make incompatible changes to BXXP providing that it
document solid technical reasons for doing so.