Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-smith-bridge-qosmib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:03:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Management Information Base for QoS Extensions for
                          Bridges based on the Differentiated Services      
                          Architecture
	Author(s)	: A. Smith
	Filename	: draft-smith-bridge-qosmib-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 12-Jun-00
	
This memo describes a SMIv2 MIB module for a device implementing
bridging functions with Quality-of-Service mechanisms similar to those
described for the Differentiated Services Architecture [DSARCH] which
are described in detail by the Differentiated Services Router Conceptual
Model [MODEL].  A MIB module for routers, the Diffserv MIB [DSMIB], has
been developed that uses this model. The MIB module defined in this memo
is designed to work in conjunction with that module: it defines usage
for objects in that module and defines some new objects specific to MAC-
layer bridges (a.k.a. Layer-2 switches). Specifically, if defines
layer-2 classifier and packet marking functionality.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-smith-bridge-qosmib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-smith-bridge-qosmib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-smith-bridge-qosmib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.