Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eastlake-card-map-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 06:30:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ISO 7812/7816 Numbers and the Domain Name System (DNS)
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake
	Filename	: draft-eastlake-card-map-07.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 07-Jul-00
	
There are a variety of servers, web pages, and the like, which
holders of ISO 7812 financial transaction identification card (i.e.,
credit/debit card) numbers and ISO 7816 smart card or related numbers
may need to locate on the Internet. For example, some systems assume
a smart card holder can contact the issuer of a smart card
application for maintenance and update functions and the payment
protocols may assume that a card holder can locate the appropriate
certification authority to obtain a card holder certificate. This
document specifies a method using the DNS as an important element in
locating card related facilities on the Internet by mapping ISO 7812
and ISO 7816 number systems into domain names within in the
card.reg.int domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-card-map-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eastlake-card-map-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-card-map-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.