Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bjorkner-spirits-vsua-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 06:39:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A SPIRITS solution based on virtual SIP user agents
	Author(s)	: J. Bjorkner, S. Nyckelgard
	Filename	: draft-bjorkner-spirits-vsua-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 14-Jul-00
	
This document discusses events occurring in a telephony network that 
could be useful for call related services created in an Internet 
environment. It also shows one possible implementation of a SPIRITS 
protocol based on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [2]. The SPIRITS 
working group has not yet done any protocol decisions, so this draft 
is written for informative purpose showing that the introduction of 
virtual SIP user agents (SIP UAs) in a SPIRITS client makes it 
possible to realize the services described in the pre-spirits 
implementations document [3].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bjorkner-spirits-vsua-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bjorkner-spirits-vsua-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bjorkner-spirits-vsua-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.