Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-notifymsg-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 07:04:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Content Requirements for ISAKMP Notify Messages
	Author(s)	: S. Kelly, T. Kivinen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-notifymsg-03.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 06-Jul-00
	
The ISAKMP and DOI RFCs [RFC2408, RFC2407] specify error and status
message types for use in ISAKMP NOTIFY messages, but in some cases do
not specify that any additional clarifying data be carried in the
messages. In these cases, it is difficult to determine which SA
corresponds to the received NOTIFY message. While the DOI RFC
specifies content and formats for additional data in the currently
defined IPSEC status messages, no such requirements are currently
specified for ISAKMP NOTIFY messages. This document provides content
and format recommendations for those messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-notifymsg-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-notifymsg-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-notifymsg-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.