Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-challenge-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 06:43:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile IP Challenge/Response Extensions
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, P. Calhoun
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-challenge-13.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 19-Jul-00
	
Mobile IP, as originally specified, defines an authentication
extension (the Mobile-Foreign Authentication extension) by
which a mobile node can authenticate itself to a foreign agent.
Unfortunately, this extension does not provide ironclad replay
protection for the foreign agent, and does not allow for the use
of existing techniques (such as CHAP) for authenticating portable
computer devices.  In this specification, we define extensions for
the Mobile IP Agent Advertisements and the Registration Request
that allow a foreign agent to use a challenge/response mechanism to
authenticate the mobile node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-challenge-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-challenge-13.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-challenge-13.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.