Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 06:33:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet FAX Gateway Protocol
	Author(s)	: k. mimura, K. Yokoyama, T. Satoh, C. Kanaide
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 07-Jul-00
	
An Internet FAX Gateway incorporates the facsimile on general switched
telephone network (GSTN) into Internet by translating data and protocol
between them.
This document specifies an Internet FAX Gateway Protocol, especially
describes behavior of offramp/onramp gateway making reference to neither
authentication nor security, where offramp means facsimile data
transmission to GSTN from Internet, and onramp means facsimile data
transmission to Internet from GSTN. 
Behavior of offramp/onramp covers the delivery-process of the data among
equipments including IFAX terminal, PC on Internet and FAX terminal on
GSTN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.