Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nishigaya-sip-ccpp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:32:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CC/PP exchange protocol based on SIP
	Author(s)	: T. Nishigaya, M. Yuhara
	Filename	: draft-nishigaya-sip-ccpp-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 18-Jul-00
	
This document proposes a SIP extension for CC/PP (Composite 
Capability/Preference Profiles) exchange. CC/PPex, proposed by W3C, 
is only usable for client-pull service like HTTP. It is not suitable 
for server initiated push services. Since traditional SIP already 
has a method to convey the limited terminal capabilities for 
multimedia calls, SIP naturally extends to support CC/PP. This 
extension allows various types of push services to know the terminal 
capabilities before delivering the contents to the push clients. 
This is accomplished by introducing some additional headers in the 
REGISTER/OPTIONS message that carry the same information as CC/PPex 
does.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nishigaya-sip-ccpp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nishigaya-sip-ccpp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nishigaya-sip-ccpp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.