Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 06:33:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Constraint-Based LSP Setup using LDP
	Author(s)	: B. Jamoussi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-04.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 07-Jul-00
	
Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) is defined in [1] for distribution
of labels inside one MPLS domain.  One of the most important
services that may be offered using MPLS in general and LDP in
particular is support for constraint-based routing of traffic across
the routed network. Constraint-based routing offers the opportunity
to extend the information used to setup paths beyond what is
available for the routing protocol. For instance, an LSP can be
setup based on explicit route constraints, QoS constraints, and
other constraints. Constraint-based routing (CR) is a mechanism used
to meet Traffic Engineering requirements that have been proposed by
[2], [3] and [4]. These requirements may be met by extending LDP for
support of constraint-based routed label switched paths (CR-LSPs).
Other uses for CR-LSPs include MPLS-based VPNs [5]. More information
about the applicability of CR-LDP can be found in [6].
This draft specifies mechanisms and TLVs for support of CR-LSPs
using LDP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.