Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guttman-svrloc-slpv2bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 07:10:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Proposed Modifications to the Service Location 
                          Protocol, Version 2
	Author(s)	: E. Guttman, J. Kempf
	Filename	: draft-guttman-svrloc-slpv2bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 06-Jul-00
	
SLPv2 [1] has been widely implemented but not all features of the
protocol are in common use.   If these features were deprecated from
the specification the protocol would be simpler, yet still perform
its core function.  The changes proposed in this document could be
the basis for a revision of SLPv2 as it is considered for advancement
to Draft Standard.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guttman-svrloc-slpv2bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guttman-svrloc-slpv2bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guttman-svrloc-slpv2bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.