Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-venkitaraman-diffserv-spfq-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:39:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Stateless Prioritized Fair Queueing
	Author(s)	: N. Venkitaraman, J. Mysore, R. Srikant, R. Barnes
	Filename	: draft-venkitaraman-diffserv-spfq-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 20-Jul-00
	
This document proposes a Per Hop Behavior(PHB) in the context of 
diffserv. We first propose a labeling procedure for the ingress 
router that labels packets in a manner that implicitly conveys the 
packet arrival rate information of each flow to the core router. 
Coupled with a simple forwarding procedure, this provides a
fair allocation of bandwidth. We then propose other labeling
procedures that add little computational complexity, but provide
weighted fair allocation, minimum bandwidth assurances and support 
for intra-flow priorities. By appropriately designing the labeling 
algorithms, this PHB can be used to optimize the performance of a 
variety of flows.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-venkitaraman-diffserv-spfq-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-venkitaraman-diffserv-spfq-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-venkitaraman-diffserv-spfq-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.