Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-oneill-ema-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 06:44:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Edge Mobility Architecture
	Author(s)	: A. O'Neill, G. Tsirtsis, S. Corson
	Filename	: draft-oneill-ema-02.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 19-Jul-00
	
This draft outlines a system  for domain-based routing and
addressing support in handling edge mobility such as encountered in
cellular systems and Internet roaming.  The system includes novel
features for IP session, address and localised host redirect route
management which promise significant scaling benefits compared to
other micro-mobility solutions. In addition, the system is closely
integrated with the Mobile IP architecture for both signalling and
data forwarding, so that a rich set of capabilities and Internet
Services are possible, and incremental deployment of EMA is possible
within and between AS's. The draft also suggests a specific protocol
based on TORA for the implementation of such an architecture. It
advocates the creation of a specific IETF working group to address
an overall architecture for edge mobility routing, specific
extensions to existing routing protocols to accomplish that
architecture, and extensions to existing Internet technologies such
as Mobile IP to support this architecture.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oneill-ema-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-oneill-ema-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-oneill-ema-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.