Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-allman-tcp-abc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:32:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TCP Congestion Control with Appropriate Byte Counting
	Author(s)	: M. Allman
	Filename	: draft-allman-tcp-abc-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 11-Jul-00
	
This document proposed a small modification to the way TCP increases
its congestion window.  Rather than the traditional method of
increasing the congestion window by a constant amount for each
arriving acknowledgment, we suggest basing the increase on the
number of previously unacknowledged bytes each ACK covers.  This
change improves the performance of TCP, as well as closes a security
hole TCP receivers can use to induce the sender into increasing the
sending rate too rapidly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allman-tcp-abc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-allman-tcp-abc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-allman-tcp-abc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.