Subject: WG Review: Kerberos WG (krb-wg)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 07:42:55 -0400

A new IETF working group has been proposed in the Security Area.
The IESG has not made any determination as yet. 

The following Description was submitted, and is provided for
informational purposes only:

Kerberos WG (krb-wg)
--------------------

 Current Status: Proposed Working Group

 Mailing Lists: 
     General Discussion:[email-masked]
     To Subscribe:      [email-masked]
         In Body:       subscribe ietf-krb-wg your_email_address
     Archive:           ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/krb/

Description of Working Group:
 
Kerberos over the years has been ported to virtually every operating
system. There are at least two open source versions, with numerous
commercial versions based on these and other proprietary
implementations. Kerberos evolution has continued over the years, and
interoperability has been problematic.  A number of draft proposals
have been issued concerning aspects of new or extended functionality.

The group will strive to improve the interoperability of these
systems while improving security.