Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-miyazaki-avt-rtp-selret-01.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:34:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTP Payload Type Format to Enable Selective 
                          Retransmissions
	Author(s)	: A. Miyazaki, H. Fukushima, T. Wiebke, 
                          R. Hakenberg, C. Burmeister
	Filename	: draft-miyazaki-avt-rtp-selret-01.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 17-Jul-00
	
This document describes a new RTP payload format and a new RTCP
packet format to enable multiple selective retransmissions of
generic media data. This payload format is especially applicable in
a RTP-RX profile as described in [9].
While RTP is widely used for media streaming applications over the
Internet, using it over unreliable links needs some further
modifications to achieve a good quality of the media stream at the
receiver.
The aforementioned RTP-RX profile describes a generic retransmission
mechanism to make RTP more reliable. This payload format description
increases the reliability and decreases the bandwidth requirements
of such a generic profile by introducing the concept of multiple
selective retransmissions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-miyazaki-avt-rtp-selret-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-miyazaki-avt-rtp-selret-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-miyazaki-avt-rtp-selret-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.