Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dommety-mobileip-lma-ipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:35:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Local Mobility Agents in IPv6
	Author(s)	: G. Dommety, M. Subbarao, R. Patil
	Filename	: draft-dommety-mobileip-lma-ipv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 24-Jul-00
	
Mobile  IPv6 is better  integrated into  IPv6, thereby  obviating the
need for Foreign Agents  (FA) in IPv6 [5]. In IPv6 most if  not all of the functions  of the Mobile-IPv4  FA [1] are  assumed by  other parts  of the Mobile-IPv6  architecture.   Specifically,  all  routers  send  Router Advertisements and the MN does  its own detunneling and Routing Header processing.
This draft proposes the concept of Local Mobility Agents (LMA)in
Mobile IPv6 Architecture.  LMA is an optional entity.  The main
advantage is that it enables the feasibility of fast handoffs. The
other advantage is Authentication in Local Domain. The other reason
is that in any commercial operators network you will need a
controlling element for mobile users/stations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dommety-mobileip-lma-ipv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dommety-mobileip-lma-ipv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dommety-mobileip-lma-ipv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.