Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-medina-ecn-udp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 06:29:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A proposal for the use of ECN bits with UDP flows
	Author(s)	: F. Dupont, L. Toutain
	Filename	: draft-medina-ecn-udp-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 10-Jul-00
	
This document contains a proposal for the use of ECN bits with UDP
packets.  For the moment, the presence of ECN bits in the IP header
of UDP streams is useless. These bits could be used to identify
IP/UDP/RTP encapsulated data at routers prior to header compression
and other specific operations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-medina-ecn-udp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-medina-ecn-udp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-medina-ecn-udp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.