Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-rtr-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:32:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for Router Benchmarking
	Author(s)	: J. Dunn, C. Martin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-rtr-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 17-Jul-00
	
This  memo  discusses and proposes a framework for the development of IP
performance benchmarking methodologies in the case of systems under test
(SUT) running IETF routing protocols.  The intent of this document is to
facilitate the use of existing metrics developed by the BMWG  and  other
working   groups.   This  will  be  accomplished  by  specifying  router
configuration and state parameters and characterizing their effect on IP
packet forwarding in terms of these existing metrics.  The terms defined
in this memo will be used in addition to terms  defined  in  RFCs  1242,
2285,  and  2544  and  2761.  This memo is a product of the Benchmarking
Methodology Working Group (BMWG) of the Internet Engineering Task  Force
(IETF).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-rtr-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-rtr-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-rtr-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.