Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldap-namedref-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 06:32:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Named References in LDAP Directories
	Author(s)	: K. Zeilenga
	Filename	: draft-zeilenga-ldap-namedref-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 07-Jul-00
	
This document defines schema and protocol elements for representing
and manipulating generic knowledge information in LDAP [RFC2251]
directories.  An attribute type 'ref' is used to store URIs [RFC1738]
which may refer to LDAP and non-LDAP services.  An object class
'referral' is used to construct entries in an LDAP directory which
references to other directories or services.  An control, ManageDsaIT,
is defined to allow clients to manipulate referral objects as normal
entries.  The document describes procedures directory servers should
follow when supporting these elements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-namedref-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zeilenga-ldap-namedref-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-namedref-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.