Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tiphon-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:34:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Telecommunications and Internet Protocol     
                          Harmonization Over Networks (TIPHON);
                          TIPHON Release 3;
                          Network architecture and reference configurations
	Author(s)	: P. Sijben
	Filename	: draft-tiphon-architecture-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 18-Jul-00
	
The contents of this Internet Draft is a reprint of the body of the
architecture document (DTS 02003 v0.10.8) of the TIPHON project.
This document describes a functional architecture for the purposes
of defining a voice over IP architecture that can interwork with the
existing Switched Circuit Networks (SCN).
The full document is publicly available and can be found at
http://docbox.etsi.org/Tech-Org/TIPHON/Document/tiphon/07-
drafts/wg2/DTS02003/ the current version is 0.10.8. Later versions
will appear in the same directory. This full document describes
protocol independent information flows and state diagrams on all the
reference points.
The next step in the TIPHON process will be the mapping of the
reference points as defined in this document to existing standards.
Since TIPHON does not intend to duplicate work so the project would
appreciate assistance from IETF experts in the mapping of its
information flows to the appropriate IETF protocols. Candidate
protocols for the implementation of this architecture are SIP,
MEGACOp and possibly others.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tiphon-architecture-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tiphon-architecture-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tiphon-architecture-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.