Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-soliman-siit-dstm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 06:27:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to SIIT and DSTM for enhanced routing of
                          inbound packets
	Author(s)	: H. Soliman, E. Nordmark
	Filename	: draft-soliman-siit-dstm-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 12-Jul-00
	
This document specifies a transition mechanism that combines both
[SIIT] and DSTM mechanisms by adding some extensions to allow fast
routing of inbound packets. This will result in a more decentralised
and flexible tool to allow V6 only hosts to communicate with V4 only
hosts.
The proposed extensions will provide a way that allows SIIT routers
to route packets addressed to a host running a single IPv6 stack with
minimum delay which is suited to real time services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-soliman-siit-dstm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-soliman-siit-dstm-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-soliman-siit-dstm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.