Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-armijo-ldap-control-error-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:39:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Result Message for LDAP Controls
	Author(s)	: M. Armijo
	Filename	: draft-armijo-ldap-control-error-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 20-Jul-00
	
LDAPv3 [1] allows for the extension of the protocol through the use 
of controls.  These controls allow existing operations to be 
enhanced to provide additional functionality for directory 
operations.  Complex controls are being established that are 
bringing up error conditions not anticipated in the LDAPv3 
specifications.  The purpose of this draft is to create new result 
codes specific to LDAP controls and to define guidelines for the 
use of these result codes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-armijo-ldap-control-error-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-armijo-ldap-control-error-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-armijo-ldap-control-error-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.