Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 07:23:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RObust Header Compression (ROHC)
	Author(s)	: C. Bormann
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-00.txt
	Pages		: 132
	Date		: 06-Jul-00
	
Existing header compression schemes do not work well	when used over
links with significant error	rates, especially when the round-trip
time	of the link is long. For many bandwidth	limited	links where
header compression is essential, such characteristics are common.
A header compression	framework and a	highly robust and efficient
header compression scheme is	introduced in this document, adaptable
to the characteristics of the link over which it is used and	also to
the properties of the packet	streams	it compresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.