Subject: Protocol Action: RSVP Refresh Overhead Reduction Extensions to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:29:21 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'RSVP Refresh Overhead
Reduction Extensions' <draft-ietf-rsvp-refresh-reduct-05.txt> as a
Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the Resource
Reservation Setup Protocol Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are
Scott Bradner and Allison Mankin.

Technical Summary
 
 This document describes a number of mechanisms that can be used in RSVP to
  reduce processing overhead requirements of refresh messages, eliminate the
  state synchronization latency incurred when an RSVP message is lost and,
  when desired, refreshing state without the transmission of whole refresh
  messages.  The same extensions also support reliable RSVP message delivery
  on a per hop basis.  These extension present no backwards compatibility
  issues.

Working Group Summary

  This document received a careful review by the RSVP working group.  The
  issues with the document have been resolved in this version.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Scott Bradner

Note to RFC Editor:

  Please remove the "Changes from previous version:" section.