Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipfc-fcoverip-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 06:43:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over Fibre Channel Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Fibre Channel Over IP (FCIP)
	Author(s)	: M. Rajagopal, W. Rickard, E. Rodriguez,
                          R. Bhagwat, M. Krueger
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipfc-fcoverip-02.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 19-Jul-00
	
Fibre Channel(FC) is a dominant technology used in Storage Area
Networks(SAN).  The purpose of this draft is to specify a standard
way of encapsulating FC frames over IP and to describe mechanisms
that allow islands of FC SANs to be interconnected over IP-based
networks running over very reliable data links. FC over IP relies on
IP-based network services to provide the connectivity between the SAN
islands over LANs, MANs, or WANs.  While the FC over IP specification
is independent of the link level transport protocol, it assumes a
high bandwidth, high reliability, low loss link level transport such
as Gigabit Ethernet, SONET, ATM, or DWDM. This specification treats
all classes of FC frames the same -- as  datagrams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfc-fcoverip-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipfc-fcoverip-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfc-fcoverip-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.