Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mehra-diffserv-aix-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 06:50:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Policy-Based Differentiated Services on AIX
	Author(s)	: A. Mehra et al.
	Filename	: draft-mehra-diffserv-aix-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 25-Jul-00
	
This draft presents a policy-based Differentiated
Services [DSARCH] architecture that has been realized
on the AIX operating system.  We briefly motivate the
benefits of supporting DiffServ functions on servers using
policy-based networking, and outline the requirements for
DiffServ-enabled servers.  We then describe the policy-based
DiffServ infrastructure we have developed for AIX.
Experimental results using Web server workloads demonstrate
the efficacy of the DiffServ mechanisms provided.  We also
outline ongoing work in deploying diffserv-capable AIX
servers on Internet2.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mehra-diffserv-aix-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mehra-diffserv-aix-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mehra-diffserv-aix-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.