Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gage-opinions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 06:45:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: OPINIONS Open IP Network Infrastructure for Nomadic 
                          Services
	Author(s)	: B. Gage, G. Kenward
	Filename	: draft-gage-opinions-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 19-Jul-00
	
This document outlines the issues facing nomadic communications in
an IP-based environment. While cellular systems epitomise current
concepts of mobility, there is an industry need to support similar
functions in non-cellular environments as well. Unfortunately,
solutions defined to-date by the cellular industry tend to be
closely tied to the technology employed over the radio link (e.g.
GSM, cdma2000, UMTS, EDGE).
To facilitate discussion, this document begins with a high-level
description of functional entities comprising an Open IP Network
Infrastructure. It then defines an abstract model of the access link
used to connect a mobile host to the network. Using these entities
and model, we then go on to discuss the issues facing nomadic
computing that could be usefully addressed by an IETF working group
like CRAPS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gage-opinions-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gage-opinions-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gage-opinions-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.