Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-uswg-tao-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 07:27:30 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the User Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Tao of IETF
	Author(s)	: S. Harris
	Filename	: draft-ietf-uswg-tao-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 06-Jul-00
	
In recent years, the attendance at Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) face-to-face meetings has grown phenomenally. Many of the
attendees are new to the IETF at each meeting, and many of those go on
to become regular attendees. When the meetings were smaller, it wasn't
very difficult for a newcomer to get into the swing of things. Today,
however, a newcomer meets many more new people, some previously known
only as the authors of documents or thought-provoking e-mail messages.

Many IETF participants don't go to the face-to-face meetings. Instead,
they are active on the mailing list of the IETF Working Groups. The
methods and mechanisms of Working Groups are often difficult for
newcomers to comprehend.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uswg-tao-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-uswg-tao-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uswg-tao-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.