Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-e164s2-np-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:32:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Number Portability Supplement to ITU-T 
                          Recommendation E.164
	Author(s)	: A. Gallant
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-e164s2-np-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 11-Jul-00
	
This document contains a text version of the Number Portability
Supplement (11/98) to ITU-T Recommendation E.164 (The international
public telecommunication numbering plan, 05/97) [2].  That
Supplement [3] defined terminology for number portability within an
E.164 numbering scheme; identified formats, call flows,
architectures, and routing approaches for some methods; and gave
examples of some processes needed to implement number portability.
A January 2000 workshop on IP-Telecomms interworking (focused on
numbering, naming, addressing, and routing) identified issues to be
addressed by the IETF and/or the ITU [4].  This Supplement was noted
as a document related to a joint IETF/ITU issue on E.164 number
portability.  A text version was posted on the ITU's web site in
March 2000 and notified to the itu+ietf and enum mailing lists.
This Internet Draft is being submitted to support work of the ENUM
(Telephone Number Mapping) Working Group on impacts of local number
portability on a DNS-based architecture and protocols for mapping a
telephone number to a set of attributes (e.g., URLs) [5].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-e164s2-np-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-enum-e164s2-np-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-e164s2-np-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.