Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-suzuki-nbvpn-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 06:50:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Framework for Network-based VPNs
	Author(s)	: M. Suzuki
	Filename	: draft-suzuki-nbvpn-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 13-Jul-00
	
The objective of this draft is to clarify a framework for
standardizing the mechanisms supporting interoperable network-based
virtual private networks (NBVPNs).  These are VPNs using IP
facilities whose operation mechanisms are implemented within a
network (or networks) and outsourced to one or more service
providers.
This draft first describes the assumed services of NBVPNs and
clarifies the logical architecture model and reference model of
NBVPN.  Considering the assumed services, this draft further
clarifies the NBVPN requirements for interfaces and MIBs in the
reference model.  It also surveys and discusses current technologies
supporting NBVPNs such as tunneling, VPN identifier, routing, and
QoS/SLA.  Additionally it will, in future, provide outline of the
interface and MIB specifications and present criteria for achieving
interoperability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-suzuki-nbvpn-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-suzuki-nbvpn-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-suzuki-nbvpn-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.