Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-calhoun-sip-aaa-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:33:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: AAA Requirements for IP Telephony/Multimedia
	Author(s)	: H. Basilier, P. Calhoun, M. Holdrege, 
                          T. Johansson, J. Kempf
	Filename	: draft-calhoun-sip-aaa-reqs-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 24-Jul-00
	
The AAA Working Group has been defining requirements for Network
Access in an Inter-Domain (roaming) network, both Mobile IP and
NASREQ. Some of these requirements were input from work done in the
3rd Generation wireless SDOs. These same SDO's have a need to tie
their IP Intelligent Servers (e.g. Softswitches, Call Agents, SIP
Servers, etc.) to their AAA infrastructure. This specification
defines some requirements for both the AAA and IP Telephony protocols
(SIP, MEGACO, etc.)
This first Internet Draft is intended to simulate discussions within
the SIP Working Group, in order to come up with a set of requirements
that could then be used to begin protocol design.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-sip-aaa-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-calhoun-sip-aaa-reqs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-sip-aaa-reqs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.