Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wahl-ldapv3-2001plan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 06:44:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Development Plan for Reissuing Existing LDAPv3 RFCs In
                          CY2001
	Author(s)	: M. Wahl
	Filename	: draft-wahl-ldapv3-2001plan-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 19-Jul-00
	
The IESG prefers to avoid having RFCs linger in Proposed Standard
Status.  In general, RFCs which have demonstratable interoperability
and usefulness should become Draft Standards, and eventually may
become full Standards, as described in RFC 2026 [1] section 6.2.  
When a Proposed Standard RFC is reissued to become Draft, corrections,
clarifications and other changes can be integrated into the update.  
However, if changes to the protocol are 'very significant', then 
the document needs to be issued as Proposed Standard again.
This document describes an approach to reissue the core RFCs which
describe LDAPv3, all of which are currently at Proposed Standard
status.  It also summarizes the status of other existing and upcoming
standards-track LDAP RFCs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wahl-ldapv3-2001plan-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wahl-ldapv3-2001plan-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wahl-ldapv3-2001plan-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.