Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jaye-http-trust-state-mgt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 06:50:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: HTTP Trust Mechanism for State Management
	Author(s)	: E. Brunner, D. Jaye
	Filename	: draft-jaye-http-trust-state-mgt-01.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 25-Jul-00
	
This document describes an extension to the HTTP/1.1 state management
mechanism described in [Kristol].  This mechanism, 'trust-labels',
associates digitally signed labels with Set-Cookie or Set-Cookie2
headers.  The labels allow additional semantics to attach to cookies
and cookie processing, and the digital signatures allow trust models
to be associated with processing rules for labeled cookies.
The intent is to provide a mechanism that allows user agent
implementors to implement evaluation of the authenticity and content
of cookie-associated labels, and to implement additional processing
rules for cookie handling.  The intended use is browser determination
of server privacy practices and acceptance, rejection, modification
or redirection of cookies based on those practices.  The more general
use of trust model scoped, label semantic scoped processing of HTTP
state artifacts is not precluded by this intended use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaye-http-trust-state-mgt-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jaye-http-trust-state-mgt-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jaye-http-trust-state-mgt-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.