Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-indp-method-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 06:32:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP):The INDP Notification
                          Delivery Method
	Author(s)	: H. Parra, T. Hastings
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-indp-method-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 10-Jul-00
	
The IPP Event Notification specification [ipp-ntfy] is an OPTIONAL
extension to IPP/1.0, IPP/1.1, and future versions.  [ipp-ntfy] requires
the definition of one or more Delivery Methods in separate Delivery
Method Documents for the Printer to dispatch Event Notifications to
Notification Recipients. This Delivery Method Document defines the
semantics and syntax of the 'indp' Notification Delivery Method.  For
this Delivery Method, an IPP Printer sends (pushes) an IPP Event
Notifications request to the Notification Recipients using the Send-
Notifications operation defined in this document.  The Notification
Recipient returns a response to the Printer.  The Send-Notifications
operation uses the same Encoding and Transport as IPP itself.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-indp-method-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-indp-method-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-indp-method-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.