Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-job-prog-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 06:33:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPP: Job Progress Attributes
	Author(s)	: T. Hastings, H. Lewis, R. Bergman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-job-prog-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 07-Jul-00
	
This document defines four new Job Description attributes for monitoring
job progress to be registered as extensions to IPP/1.0 [RFC2566] and
IPP/1.1 [ipp-mod].  These attributes are drawn from the PWG Job
Monitoring MIB [rfc2707].  The new Job Description attributes are:
'job-collation-type' (type2 enum)
'sheet-completed-copy-number' (integer(0:MAX))
'sheet-completed-document-number' (integer(0:MAX))
'impressions-completed-current-copy' (integer(0:MAX))
This document also defines a new 'sheet-collate' Job Template attribute
to control sheet collation and to help with the interpretation of the
job progress attributes.  These new attributes may also be used by
themselves in combination with the IPP/1.1 'job-impressions-completed'
attribute as useful job progress monitoring attributes and/or may be
passed in an IPP Notification (see [ipp-ntfy]).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-job-prog-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-job-prog-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-job-prog-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.