Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shivkumar-ldapext-dirtxn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:07:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An approach to enable directory transactions
	Author(s)	: K. Shivkumar
	Filename	: draft-shivkumar-ldapext-dirtxn-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 20-Jul-00
	
The directory is becoming an important part of the organization. As the
data in the directory becomes more critical, it needs to be consistent.
With more applications storing information in the directory, there is a
need for transaction (atomic commit/rollback) services to be offered by
the directory to ensure consistency.  This document describes a
mechanism to implement transaction service in a distributed replicated
directory. It also describes the LDAP APIs that can be used to provide
a standard interface for the transaction service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shivkumar-ldapext-dirtxn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shivkumar-ldapext-dirtxn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shivkumar-ldapext-dirtxn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.