Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 06:33:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Location Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Conversion of LDAP Schemas to and from SLP Templates
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, R. Moats, P. St. Pierre
	Filename	: draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-08.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 10-Jul-00
	
This document describes a procedure for mapping between SLP service
advertisments and LDAP descriptions of services. The document covers
two aspects of the mapping. One aspect is mapping between SLP service
type templates and LDAP directory schema. Because the SLP service
type template grammer is relatively simple, mapping from service type
templates to LDAP types is straightforward.  Mapping in the other
direction is straightforward if the attributes are restricted to use
just a few of the syntaxes defined in RFC 2252. If arbitrary ASN.1
types occur in the schema, then the mapping is more complex and may
even be impossible.  The second aspect is representation of service
information in an LDAP directory.  The recommended representation
simplifies interoperability with SLP by allowing SLP directory agents
to backend into LDAP directory servers. The resulting system allows
service advertisements to propagate easily between SLP and LDAP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.