Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bonaventure-diffserv-rashaper-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:30:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A rate adaptive shaper for differentiated services
	Author(s)	: O. Bonaventure, S. De Cnodder
	Filename	: draft-bonaventure-diffserv-rashaper-04.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 11-Jul-00
	
This memo describes several Rate Adaptive Shapers (RAS) that can be
used in combination with the single rate Three Color Markers (srTCM)
and the two rate Three Color Marker (trTCM) described in [RFC2697]
and [RFC2698], respectively. These RAS improve the performance of TCP
when a TCM is used at the ingress of a diffserv network by reducing
the burstiness of the traffic. With TCP traffic, this reduction of
the burstiness is accompanied by a reduction of the number of marked
packets and by an improved TCP goodput.  The proposed RAS can be used
at the ingress of Diffserv networks providing the Assured Forwarding
Per Hop Behavior (AF PHB). They are especially useful when a TCM is
used to mark traffic composed of a small number of TCP connections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bonaventure-diffserv-rashaper-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bonaventure-diffserv-rashaper-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bonaventure-diffserv-rashaper-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.