Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-transport-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:35:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Message Bus for Local Coordiantion
	Author(s)	: J. Ott, C. Perkins, D. Kutscher
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-transport-02.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 18-Jul-00
	
In a variety of conferencing scenarios, a local communication
channel is desirable for conference-related information exchange
between co- located but otherwise independent application entities,
for example those taking part in application sessions that belong to
the same conference.  In loosely coupled conferences such a
mechanism allows for coordination of applications entities to e.g.
implement synchronization between media streams or to configure
entities without user interaction. It can also be used to implement
tightly coupled conferences enabling a conference controller to
enforce conference wide control within a end system. 
The local Message Bus (Mbus) provides a means to achieve the
necessary amount of coordination between co-located conferencing
applications for virtually any type of conference as postulated in a
a companion requirement document[11]. The Message Bus comprises two
logically distinct parts: a message transport infrastructure and a
set of common as well as protocol/ media/tool-specific messages
along with a conference-specific addressing scheme. This document
deals with message addressing, transport, and security issues and
defines the message syntax for the Mbus.  It does not define
application oriented semantics and procedures for using the message
bus. Application specific command sets and procedures for
applications using the Mbus are expected to be defined in follow-up
documents. 
This document is intended for discussion in the Multiparty
Multimedia Session Control (MMUSIC) working group of the Internet
Engineering Task Force.  Comments are solicited and should be
addressed to the working group's mailing list at [email-masked]
and/or the authors.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-transport-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-transport-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-mbus-transport-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.