Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kompella-te-pathcomp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:35:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Notes on Path Computation in Constraint-Based Routing
	Author(s)	: K. Kompella, D. Awduche
	Filename	: draft-kompella-te-pathcomp-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 24-Jul-00
	
This draft presents some notes on Constraint-Based Routing.  The main
purpose is to standardize the terminology used, and define the
semantics of the various constructs used in Constraint-Based Routing
so that implementations from a wide variety of vendors will have (at
least to the first order) similar results in path selection.  A
secondary goal is to define the semantics of optimization, which we
define as the recalculation of routes that have already been computed
and established.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-te-pathcomp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kompella-te-pathcomp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kompella-te-pathcomp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.