Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosen-megaco-test-profile-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:39:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Interoperability Test Profile
	Author(s)	: B. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-rosen-megaco-test-profile-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 20-Jul-00
	
This document describes a profile for use in interoperability 
testing of the Megaco/H.248 protocol and a set of scenarios to try 
increasingly difficult mechanisms in the protocol.  To support early 
phase testing, it is useful to define a simple, easy to implement 
set of characteristics that allow initial implementations to get 
very basic functions working. By implementing this profile, testing 
a variety of MGs against a variety of MGCs is possible.  The test 
scenarios describe high-level behavior expected by the MGs and MGCs, 
but not explicit message sequences. 

   Also included is a set of test messages that may be used to verify 
   early stage MG/MGC functionality.  They could be used to test 
   parsers, and they can be used to assure that implementations have 
   base functionality prior to testing with devices that may not 
   produce the same messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-megaco-test-profile-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosen-megaco-test-profile-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosen-megaco-test-profile-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.