Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-declercq-bgp-ipsec-vpn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:32:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP/IPsec VPN
	Author(s)	: J. De Clercq, Y. T'Joens, P. De Schrijver
	Filename	: draft-declercq-bgp-ipsec-vpn-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 18-Jul-00
	
This document describes a method by which a Service Provider may  use
an  IP backbone to provide VPNs for its customers.  IPsec tunnels are
deployed through the backbone, and the forwarding of packets over the
backbone   relies   on   normal  IP  forwarding.   BGP  is  used  for
distributing (private) routes over the backbone.
This model is based on the model described in RFC 2547 [RFC2547], and
the   internet-draft   that   obsoletes  it  [RFC2547bis].  The  main
difference is that in this model IPsec is used as tunneling mechanism
instead of MPLS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-declercq-bgp-ipsec-vpn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-declercq-bgp-ipsec-vpn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-declercq-bgp-ipsec-vpn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.