Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yu-tel-url-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:30:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to the 'tel' and 'fax' URLs to Support 
                          Number Portability
	Author(s)	: J. Yu
	Filename	: draft-yu-tel-url-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 11-Jul-00
	
Number portability (NP) allows the telephone subscribers to keep
their telephone numbers when they change service provider, move to a
new location, or change the subscribed services.  The NP
implementations in many countries presently support service provider
portability for geographic numbers and non-geographical numbers.  It
has been identified that NP has impacts on several works-in-progress
at the IETF.  One of the impacts is to carry the NP related
information in the SIP INVITE message.  This document proposed the
extensions to the 'tel' and 'fax' Uniform Resource Locators (URLs)
to support NP so that they can be used to carry the NP related
information in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Request-URI.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yu-tel-url-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yu-tel-url-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yu-tel-url-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.