Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-leu-mpls-ldp-label-aggregation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 06:27:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Label Aggregation Technique for LDP
	Author(s)	: J. Leung, R. Rennison, S. Vogelsang
	Filename	: draft-leu-mpls-ldp-label-aggregation-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 12-Jul-00
	
The label distribution protocol specified in [1] describes a
mechanism whereby one label switched router informs another of the
meaning of labels used to forward traffic between and through them.
This draft proposes a label aggregation technique to reduce the
number of labels that need to be exchanged between two LSRs running
LDP.
This includes a method of signalling that LSRs are capable of label
aggregation, determining when a label request can be aggregated on to
an existing LSP and a method of signalling to upstream LSRs that the
resulting label mapping is an aggregate.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-leu-mpls-ldp-label-aggregation-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-leu-mpls-ldp-label-aggregation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-leu-mpls-ldp-label-aggregation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.