Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-krebs-gnuqueue-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:32:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Description of Load-Balancing and Communication 
                          Protocols Used by GNU Queue
	Author(s)	: W. Krebs
	Filename	: draft-krebs-gnuqueue-protocol-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 18-Jul-00
	
This document describes the protocols used by GNU Queue to 
communicate between GNU Queue processes. This includes protocols 
used to facilitate network load-balancing (including reporting to 
GNU Queue processes of host load averages, 'virtual load averages', 
and/or other information used to determine job routing), process 
input-output, and process control information (two-way signal and 
termination code reporting). 
GNU Queue is a load-balancing system that lets users control their 
remote jobs in an intuitive, transparent and nearly seamless way. 
This is done with local shell job control and signaling through 
Queue's proxy daemon mechanism. Queue can be used as a local 
replacement for rsh and ssh to hosts within a cluster under single 
administrative control. Queue also supports the more traditional 
email-based load-balancing and distributed batch-processing 
facilities using a number of criteria to decide where to send jobs. 
The homepage for GNU Queue is http://queue.sourceforge.net .

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krebs-gnuqueue-protocol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-krebs-gnuqueue-protocol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-krebs-gnuqueue-protocol-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.