Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-itsumo-wireless-diffserv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:36:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: QoS Architecture Based on  Differentiated Services for
                          Next Generation  Wireless IP Networks
	Author(s)	: J. Chen et al.
	Filename	: draft-itsumo-wireless-diffserv-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 24-Jul-00
	
This   document  presents   a  QoS   architecture   framework  with
preliminary protocol specifications for next generation wireless IP
networks. The  architecture is based on  differentiated services in
that traffic are aggregated and forwarded in backbone network based
on per  hop behaviors.  In the proposed  architecture, there  is at
least  one   global  server  and   several  local  nodes   in  each
administration domain. The server is  referred to as the QoS Global
Server (or QGS), and local nodes are referred to as QoS local nodes
(or  QLN).   QLNs  are  ingress  nodes of  the  DS  (Differentiated
Service)  domain.   They reside  generally  in  the  edge of  wired
backbone networks.  The QGS retains  the global information  of the
domain, and  informs QLNs  what to do  when traffic comes  in.  The
mobile station (MS) has the  QoS signaling with QGS only.  Once the
QoS signaling is done, the QGS updates the QoS profile in each QLN.
The MS  is then free to  move within the same  domain without other
QoS signaling.  The actual traffic generated by MS goes through QLN
only.  The QGS is in control plane and QLNs are in transport plane.
By  retaining   the  global  information  in   central  server  and
separating  control and  transport, the  architecture  is flexible,
easy  to   add  new  services,   and  more  efficient   for  mobile
environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-itsumo-wireless-diffserv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-itsumo-wireless-diffserv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-itsumo-wireless-diffserv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.