Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-koodli-mobileip-smoothv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:33:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Framework for Smooth Handovers with Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: R. Koodli, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-koodli-mobileip-smoothv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 17-Jul-00
	
During handover from one access router to another, a wireless mobile
node may need to have a certain amount of state information passed from
the Previous-Router to the new one.  This document specifies extensions
to Mobile IPv6 which allow additional control structures enabling the
transfer of the necessary state during handovers.  This state transfer
allows the applications running on the mobile node to operate with
reduced latency, minimal disruption, and reduced packet loss during
handovers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koodli-mobileip-smoothv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-koodli-mobileip-smoothv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-koodli-mobileip-smoothv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.