Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nat-snmp-alg-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 06:33:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Address Translators Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An SNMP Application Level Gateway for Payload Address 
                          Translation
	Author(s)	: D. Raz, J. Schoenwaelder, B. Sugla
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nat-snmp-alg-05.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 10-Jul-00
	
This document describes the Application Level Gateway (ALG) for the
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) by which IP addresses in
the payload of SNMP packets are statically mapped from one group to
another. The SNMP ALG is a specific case of an Application Level
Gateway as described in [17]. 
An SNMP ALG allows network management stations to manage multiple
networks that use conflicting IP addresses. This can be important in
environments where there is a need to use SNMP with NAT in order to
manage several potentially overlapping addressing realms. 
This document includes a detailed description of the requirements
and limitations for an implementation of an SNMP Application Level
Gateway. It also discusses other approaches to exchange SNMP packets
across conflicting addressing realms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-snmp-alg-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nat-snmp-alg-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-snmp-alg-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.