Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:37:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Initial Authentication and Pass Through AuthenticationUsing Kerberos V5 and the GSS-API (IAKERB)
	Author(s)	: M. Swift, J. Trostle
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-04.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 24-Jul-00
	
This document defines an extension to the Kerberos protocol
specification (RFC 1510 [1]) and GSSAPI Kerberos mechanism (RFC
1964 [2]) that enables a client to obtain Kerberos tickets for
services where:
(1) The client knows its principal name and password, but not
its realm name (applicable in the situation where a user is already
on the network but needs to authenticate to an ISP, and the user
does not know his ISP realm name).
(2) The client is able to obtain the IP address of the service in
a realm which it wants to send a request to, but is otherwise unable
to locate or communicate with a KDC in the service realm or one of
the intermediate realms. (One example would be a dial up user who
does not have direct IP connectivity).
(3) The client does not know the realm name of the service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.