Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-08.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 06:33:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne, S. Casner, R. Frederick, V. Jacobson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-08.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 102
	Date		: 21-Jul-00
	
This memorandum is a revision of RFC 1889 in preparation for
advancement from Proposed Standard to Draft Standard status. Readers
are encouraged to use the PostScript form of this draft to see where
changes from RFC 1889 are marked by change bars.
This memorandum describes RTP, the real-time transport protocol. RTP
provides end-to-end network transport functions suitable for
applications transmitting real-time data, such as audio, video or
simulation data, over multicast or unicast network services. RTP does
not address resource reservation and does not guarantee quality-of-
service for real-time services. The data transport is augmented by a
control protocol (RTCP) to allow monitoring of the data delivery in a
manner scalable to large multicast networks, and to provide minimal
control and identification functionality. RTP and RTCP are designed
to be independent of the underlying transport and network layers. The
protocol supports the use of RTP-level translators and mixers.
This specification is a product of the Audio/Video Transport working
group within the Internet Engineering Task Force. Comments are
solicited and should be addressed to the working group's mailing list
at [email-masked] and/or the authors.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.