Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-anderson-mvr-pib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:35:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multiple Virtual Router Partitioning Policy 
                          Information Base
	Author(s)	: T. Anderson et al.
	Filename	: draft-anderson-mvr-pib-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 24-Jul-00
	
This document defines a Policy Information Base (PIB) for  
partitioning a single switch into a set of virtual switches.  
([SPPI] describes a structure for specifying policy information  
that can then be transmitted to a network device for the purpose  
of configuring policy at that device.  The model underlying this  
structure is one of well defined policy rule classes and instances  
of these classes residing in a virtual information store called  
the Policy Information Base (PIB).)  The partitioning PIB defined  
here is largely based on the Base Switch Partitioning MIB (MSF  
00.069) [MSF-VSMIB].  However, unlike that MIB, this document does  
not provide a management interface for the switch as a whole but  
instead only specifies the ports and resources assigned to virtual  
switches.  The management interface(s) to discover switch  
resources as a whole are outside the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-anderson-mvr-pib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-anderson-mvr-pib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-anderson-mvr-pib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.