Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jacquenet-ip-vpn-needs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:38:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Functional requirements for the deployment of an IP 
                          VPN service offering
	Author(s)	: C. Jacquenet
	Filename	: draft-jacquenet-ip-vpn-needs-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 20-Jul-00
	
This document aims at identifying the requirements which should be
taken into consideration by a service provider, when considering the
deployment of an IP VPN service offering. From this perspective,
this document does not specify any technical means which could be
used to deploy an IP VPN service offering, unlike the [VPN-FRAME]
document.
This document tries to express a service provider perspective,
according to its own experience of IP-based service offerings, and
to its own perception of the (constantly) evolving needs of the
customers of such services. To some extent, this document can be
viewed as a complementary taxonomy effort of the [TAXONOMY] draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jacquenet-ip-vpn-needs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jacquenet-ip-vpn-needs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jacquenet-ip-vpn-needs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.