Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-thomas-sip-mime-osp-token-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 06:41:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The application/osp-token MIME type
	Author(s)	: S. Thomas, B. Anton, R. Brennan
	Filename	: draft-thomas-sip-mime-osp-token-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 14-Jul-00
	
The Open Settlement Protocol (OSP)[1], an open standard from the
European Telecommunications Standards Institute, specifies a means
by which IP telephony equipment in one administrative domain may
request access to IP telephony equipment (including, but not limited
to: Gateways, Proxy Servers, Gatekeepers, etc.) in another
administrative domain. OSP grants such access by returning
authorization tokens, which must then be passed to the destination
IP telephony device during call signaling. In order to support
access control via OSP, IP telephony signaling protocols must be
capable of carrying these authorization tokens in an interoperable
way. This memo defines just such a method for protocols, such as the
Session Initiation Protocol[2], that can support carriage of MIME
types during call signaling. This memo conforms to the requirements
for MIME type registration defined in RFC 2048[3].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thomas-sip-mime-osp-token-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-thomas-sip-mime-osp-token-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thomas-sip-mime-osp-token-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.