Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-abr-alt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:32:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Alternative OSPF ABR Implementations
	Author(s)	: A. Zinin, A. Lindem, D. Yeung
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-abr-alt-02.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 11-Jul-00
	
OSPF [Ref1] is a link-state intra-domain routing protocol used for
routing in IP networks. Though the definition of the ABR in the
current OSPF specification does not require a router with multiple
attached areas to have a backbone connection, it is actually
necessary to provide successful routing to the inter-area and
external destinations. If this requirement is not met all traffic,
destined for the areas not connected to such an ABR or out of the
OSPF domain, is dropped.  This document describes alternative ABR
behaviors implemented in Cisco and IBM routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-abr-alt-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-abr-alt-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-abr-alt-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.