Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-thomas-kink-charter-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:30:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Kerberized Internet Negotiation of Keys
	Author(s)	: M. Thomas
	Filename	: draft-thomas-kink-charter-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 11-Jul-00
	
The KINK working group is chartered to create a standards track
protocol to facilitate centralized key exchange in an application
independent fashion. Participating systems will use the Kerberos
architecture as defined in RFC 1510 for key management and the KINK
protocol between applications. The goal of the working group is to
produce a low latency, computationally efficient, easily managed, and
cryptographically sound protocol that is flexible enough to be able
to be extended for many applications.
The focus of the initial working group will be keying IPsec security
associations as defined in RFC 2401. The working group may consider
means to key other protocols in the future, but the initial goal of
the KINK working group is specifically targeted at producing a low
latency and computationally efficient keying mechanism for IPsec. The
working group will not be involved with, nor should it require
changes to either IPsec (RFC 2401), or Kerberos (RFC 1510).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thomas-kink-charter-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-thomas-kink-charter-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thomas-kink-charter-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.