Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fingscheidt-avt-rtp-amr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:33:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for AMR
	Author(s)	: T. Fingscheidt,  B. Wimmer
	Filename	: draft-fingscheidt-avt-rtp-amr-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 18-Jul-00
	
This document proposes a real-time transport protocol (RTP) [1]
payload format for AMR speech encoded [2] signals. It supports all 
8 modes of the AMR speech codec and is as well prepared for future 
extensions, such as AMR wideband. Mode adaptation and discontinuous 
transmission (DTX) are supported as well.
The proposed payload format allows large flexibility with a minimum
of bitrate overhead. One or multiple speech frames can be trans-
mitted in a single packet. Redundant transmission of previously 
transmitted frames (or parts thereof) is possible as well as parity
code transmission. With one speech frame per packet the additional 
parity code transmission allows reconstruction of N previous lost
speech frames when N consecutive correct packets are buffered in the
receiver. This means a very high robustness while the receiver 
buffer size can be chosen according to the application.
For implementation of this draft, please consider also the
requirements of [12].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fingscheidt-avt-rtp-amr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fingscheidt-avt-rtp-amr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fingscheidt-avt-rtp-amr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.