Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dhelder-somecast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:30:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv4 Option for Somecast
	Author(s)	: D. Helder, S. Jamin
	Filename	: draft-dhelder-somecast-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 11-Jul-00
	
Somecast is a multi-point delivery technology that allows a packet to
be sent to a set of destinations.  Somecast delivery means that the
network delivers one copy of a packet to each destination listed in
the packet.  Somecast can be used in small multi-user sessions, such
as multimedia conferences and multiplayer games, or used with endhost
multicast for larger sessions.  This document describes a possible
implementation of somecast in IPv4.  Somecast is implemented by using
an IPv4 header option that includes a list of up to 9 additional
destination addresses.  This document also describes how somecast can
be incrementally deployed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dhelder-somecast-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dhelder-somecast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dhelder-somecast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.