Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nat-interface-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 06:29:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Address Translators Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for interfacing with Network Address 
                          Translator
	Author(s)	: P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nat-interface-framework-01.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 12-Jul-00
	
NAT provides routing transparency for hosts in disparate address
realms to communicate with each other. However, external agents 
such as Application Level Gateways (ALGs), Realm Specific IP 
RSIP) clients and Management applications need to interact with 
NAT and influence its operations. The document identifies NAT
managed resources and ways by which these resources may be 
controlled from external agents. The resource control mechanism
is illustrated functionally through an Application Programming
Interface (API). However, it is not the intent of this document
to standardize the API. Rather, use the API as basis to 
illustrate and provide a basis for the development of one or 
more protocols by which external agents could interact with NAT.
Identification of NAT controlled resources also provides a basis 
to generate NAT Management Information Base (MIB).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-interface-framework-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nat-interface-framework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-interface-framework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.