Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-smug-data-transforms-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 06:31:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Data Security Transformations: Requirements,
                          Considerations, and Proposed Design
	Author(s)	: R. Canetti, P. Rohatgi, P. Cheng
	Filename	: draft-irtf-smug-data-transforms-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 07-Jul-00
	
In the framework document <draft-irtf-smug-framework-00.txt>, 
the Secure Multicast Group (SMuG) has identified three functionalities 
that deal with security transformations for the multicasted 
data. These are data encryption, source authentication, and group 
authentication. This document expands on the issues to be taken 
into consideration when designing transforms that realize these 
functionalities. These issues include the order of applying the 
transforms, their placement in the  communication layers, possible 
aggregation of several functionalities in a single transform, and 
the relationships with other protocols (such as reliable multicast 
protocols). Next a specific design is proposed, that attempts to meet 
the requirements of prominent application in a simple yet flexible way.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-smug-data-transforms-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-smug-data-transforms-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-smug-data-transforms-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.