Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chadha-policy-mpls-te-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:33:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Policy Information Model for MPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: R. Chadha, H. Lin
	Filename	: draft-chadha-policy-mpls-te-00.txt
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 18-Jul-00
	
The purpose of this draft is to describe an information model for
representing MPLS traffic engineering policies. RFC 2702,
'Requirements for Traffic Engineering over MPLS', is used as a basis
for determining the types of information that need to be represented
in such an information model. The latter document describes the
functional capabilities required to implement policies that
facilitate efficient and reliable network operations in an MPLS
domain. The information model described in this draft attempts to
capture the information required to enable the functional
capabilities described in RFC 2702. This information model could be
used by a management system to optimize network performance through
the necessary network provisioning actions.
An overview of policy-based management is given in this document,
along with a description of the relationship of this work to other
information models that are being defined in the IETF Policy
Framework working group. This is followed by a detailed description
of the information model, and a number of examples illustrating its
use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chadha-policy-mpls-te-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chadha-policy-mpls-te-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chadha-policy-mpls-te-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.