Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-needham-obast-qos-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:36:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Quality of Service Support in an OBAST Architecture
	Author(s)	: M. Needham, S. Gilbert, P. Neumiller
	Filename	: draft-needham-obast-qos-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 24-Jul-00
	
This document outlines some of the fundamental requirements and issues 
related to the control and maintenance of quality of service (QoS) in an 
Open Base Station Transport (OBAST) architecture.  It begins with a 
review of a baseline OBAST architecture, highlighting those elements 
that are particularly relevant to QoS provisioning, then discusses the 
requirements for QoS within this framework.  In particular, the 
requirements for control and maintenance of QoS during mobility 
handoffs, and for support of adaptive applications, is addressed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-needham-obast-qos-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-needham-obast-qos-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-needham-obast-qos-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.