Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-van-doorselaer-sip-xcast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:33:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP for the establishment of xcast-based multiparty 
                          conferences
	Author(s)	: B. Van Doorselaer, D. Ooms
	Filename	: draft-van-doorselaer-sip-xcast-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 18-Jul-00
	
Explicit Multicast (xcast) is a multicast scheme that uses an
explicit list of destinations instead of one logical multicast
address.  Explicit  Multicast  complements  the  existing  multicast
schemes in that it can efficiently support very large numbers of
distinct (small) multicast groups and thus can play an important
role  in  making  multicast  practical  for  applications  such  as
multiparty  IP  telephony,  various  conferencing  &  collaborative
applications, multiparty networked games, etc...
This  document  explains  how  multiparty  IP  telephony  conferences
making use of xcast can be established by SIP carrying SDP. Some
open issues will be identified and discussed. Possible extensions to
SIP and SDP to streamline the use of xcast will be suggested as
well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-van-doorselaer-sip-xcast-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-van-doorselaer-sip-xcast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-van-doorselaer-sip-xcast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.