Subject: Protocol Action: Indicating media features for MIME content to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:11:38 -0400

The IESG has approved the following Internet-Drafts as Proposed
Standards:

o Indicating media features for MIME content 
	<draft-ietf-conneg-content-features-03.txt>

o MIME content types in media feature expressions 
	<draft-ietf-conneg-feature-type-03.txt> 

These documents are the product of the Content Negotiation Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
The draft-ietf-conneg-content-features is defining a MIME header
which can be used for transfering information according to RFC 2533,
"A syntax for describing media feature sets".
draft-ietf-conneg-feature-type on the other hand, defines a media
feature tag whose value is a MIME content type. This allows the
construction of feature expressions that take account of the MIME
content type of the corresponding data.

Working Group Summary

There was consensus in the working group about version 02 of these
drafts, which were the versions which were last called. The update to
03 was done after taking into account comments during last call,
including from the MIME community.

Protocol Quality

The specifications were reviewed by Patrik Faltstrom.

RFC-Editor note:

Please make the following changes to 
draft-ietf-conneg-content-features:

(a) Remove section 1.2

(b) Change MUST NOT in section 3.2.2 to lower case "must not"

(c) In section 7, remove the following text:

      To be replaced by:
      "Internet Message Format Standard"
      P. Resnick (editor), QUALCOMM Incorporated
      Internet draft: <draft-ietf-drums-msg-fmt-07.txt>
      Work in progress, January 1999.

(d) In section 7, remove references [6], [7] &  [9] as they are not
     used in the document itself.

(e) Please remove "Revision history" last in the document.

Please make the following changes to 

<draft-ietf-conneg-feature-type>

(a) Please remove section 1.2

(b) Please remove "Revision history" last in the document.