Subject: Protocol Action: Route Refresh Capability for BGP-4 to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:28:21 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Route Refresh Capability for
BGP-4' <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-route-refresh-01.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are David Oran and Rob Coltun

Technical Summary
 
This document defines a new BGP capability termed 'Route Refresh
Capability', which would allow the dynamic exchange of route refresh
request between BGP speakers and subsequent re-advertisement of the
respective Adj-RIB-Out. One possible application of this capability is
to facilitate non-disruptive routing policy changes.

Working Group Summary

The working group supported this document and no issues were raised
during IETF Last-Call

Protocol Quality

Rob Coltun has reviewed the spec for the IESG.
There are currently multiple implementations.