Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wright-load-distribution-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 06:56:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Traffic Engineering of Load Distribution
	Author(s)	: S. Wright, F. Reichmeyer, R. Jaeger
	Filename	: draft-wright-load-distribution-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 13-Jul-00
	
Online traffic load distribution for a single class of service has
been explored extensively given that extensions to IGP can provide
loading information to network nodes.   To perform traffic
engineering of load distribution for multi-service networks, or off
line traffic engineering of single service networks, a control
mechanism for provisioning bandwidth according to some policy must
be provided. This draft identifies the mechanisms that affect load
distribution and the controls for mechanisms that affect load
distribution to enable policy based traffic engineering of the load
distribution to be performed. This draft identifies the mechanisms
that affect load distribution and the control for those mechanisms
to enable policy based traffic engineering of load distribution.
This draft also presents guidelines for the use of these load
distribution mechanisms in the context of  single IP network
administration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wright-load-distribution-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wright-load-distribution-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wright-load-distribution-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.