Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-oneill-ema-mip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:32:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: EMA Enhanced Mobile IPv6/IPv4
	Author(s)	: A. O'Neill, G. Tsirtsis, S. Corson
	Filename	: draft-oneill-ema-mip-00.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 18-Jul-00
	
It is well recognised by all micro and macro-mobility routing
protocols that Mobile IP (MIP) is likely to be used to support
inter-domain mobility. It is also widely accepted that Mobile IP
could be used as the basis for signalling between the mobile and the
micro-mobility domains for simplicity of the mobile terminal and
interoperability purposes. The Edge Mobility Architecture (EMA)
defines a generic IP hand-over model which operates in conjunction
with a Mobility Enhanced Routing (MER) protocol to provide large-
scale, intra-domain, IP address mobility. The aim of this document
is to describe the minimum MIP signalling requirements for EMA:MER,
and to propose additional changes necessary to [MIPv6] and [MIPv4]
for them to support EMA:MER. The document deals with mobiles moving
inside and between EMA:MER domains as well as coming and going
from/to non-EMA:MER domains, demonstrating EMA/MIP interoperability
and inter-domain hand-overs. The document also demonstrates the
benefits a mobile and an operator will see when a mobile host is
within an EMA domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oneill-ema-mip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-oneill-ema-mip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-oneill-ema-mip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.