Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:39:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Extensions for supporting Distributed Call State
	Author(s)	: B. Marshall et al.
	Filename	: draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-02.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 20-Jul-00
	
This document describes an extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) that enables proxies to distribute call state to user
agents. The state information can be returned to the proxy when the
user agent requests a change in the characteristics of the active
call. By providing the ability to distribute state to the user
agents where it can be securely stored, proxy servers can remain
stateless for the duration of the call. This mechanism allows a
proxy server to provide services that depend on call state, while
still being stateless.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-sip-state-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.