Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:35:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SIP Caller Preferences and Callee Capabilities
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne, J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-02.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 18-Jul-00
	
This document describes a set of extensions to SIP which allow a
caller to express preferences about request handling in servers.
These preferences include the ability to select which URIs a call
gets proxied or redirected to, and to specify certain request
handling directives in proxies and redirect servers. It does so by
defining three new request headers, Accept-Contact, Reject-Contact
and Request-Disposition, which specify the callers preferences. The
extension also defines new parameters for the Contact header. These
extra parameters are present in the Contact header in REGISTER
requests, and are used to associated attributes with particular
addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.