Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-misra-mobileip-idmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:34:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IDMP:  An Intra-Domain  Mobility  Management  Protocol
                          using Mobility Agents
	Author(s)	: A. Misra, S. Das, A. McAuley, A. Dutta, S. Das
	Filename	: draft-misra-mobileip-idmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 24-Jul-00
	
This document  introduces  IDMP, a mobility  protocol  that  supports
routing of  datagrams  to a mobile node inside a mobility  domain.  A
mobility domain essentially identifies a collection of IP subnets and
networks  that are  aggregated  together  based  on  factors  such as
geographic  proximity  or  administrative  control.  In  addition  to
supporting  basic  redirection  of packets to mobile nodes, IDMP also
provides  fast handoff  support,  with minimal  packet  losses due to
mobility-related   transients,  and  paging  support  to  reduce  the
signaling burden on mobile nodes.  IDMP uses two care-of addresses to
manage mobility.  The global care-of address  identifies the mobile's
current  domain and remains  unchanged as long as the mobile does not
change  domains.  The local care-of  address  identifies the mobile's
current  point of  attachment  and  changes  every time a mobile node
changes  subnets.  IDMP specifies two types of agents,  Subnet Agents
and Mobility  Agents, to support this two-layer  mobility  hierarchy.
By  using  two  care-of   addresses  ,  IDMP  removes  the  need  for
host-specific  routing  inside  the  domain  and  allows  the  use of
multiple alternative protocols for supporting global mobility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-misra-mobileip-idmp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-misra-mobileip-idmp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-misra-mobileip-idmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.