Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-malinen-mobileip-regreg6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:35:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 Regional Registrations
	Author(s)	: J. Malinen, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-malinen-mobileip-regreg6-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 24-Jul-00
	
This document describes Mobile IPv6 regional registration as an
optional extension to Mobile IPv6.  Regional registration introduces
visited-domain mobility agent functionality for proxying a public
care-of-address which remains the same while the mobile node
moves in the visited domain.  This reduces the binding update
signaling latency for the mobile node and signaling load outside the
visited domain.  The protocol defines regional mobility capability
negotiation, regional binding update signaling, and regional-aware
data routing through a hierarchy of visited-domain mobility agents.
The protocol allows for an arbitrary point in the visited-domain
hierarchy to distribute the connection-state maintenance between
several mobility agents.  IPSec AH is used for securing the protocol
as in basic Mobile IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malinen-mobileip-regreg6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-malinen-mobileip-regreg6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-malinen-mobileip-regreg6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.