Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jacquenet-qos-nlri-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:39:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Providing Quality of Service Indication by the BGP-4 
                          Protocol: the QOS_NLRI attribute
	Author(s)	: C. Jacquenet
	Filename	: draft-jacquenet-qos-nlri-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 20-Jul-00
	
For almost the last decade, value-added IP service offerings have
been massively deployed over the Internet, thus yielding a dramatic
development of the specification effort, as far as quality of
service (QOS) in IP networks is concerned. Nevertheless, providing
end-to-end quality of service by crossing administrative domains
still remains an issue, mainly because:
- quality of service policies may dramatically differ from one
service provider to another;
- the enforcement of a specific quality of service policy may also
differ from one domain to another, although the definition of a set
of basic and common quality of service indicators may be shared
between the service providers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jacquenet-qos-nlri-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jacquenet-qos-nlri-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jacquenet-qos-nlri-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.