Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rap-pr-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 06:51:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: COPS Usage for Policy Provisioning
	Author(s)	: K. Chan, D. Durham, S. Gai, S. Herzog, 
                          K. McCloghrie, F. Reichmeyer,
                          J. Seligson, A. Smith, R. Yavatkar
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rap-pr-04.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 25-Aug-00
	
This draft describes the use of the COPS protocol [COPS] for 
support of policy provisioning (COPS-PR). This specification is 
independent of the type of policy being provisioned (QoS, Security, 
etc.) but focuses on the mechanisms and conventions used to 
communicate provisioned information between PDPs and PEPs. The 
protocol extensions described in this document do not make any 
assumptions about the policy data model being communicated, but 
describe the message formats and objects that carry the modeled 
policy data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-pr-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rap-pr-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-pr-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.