Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-christian-tewg-measurement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 07:01:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Operational measurements for Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: B. Christian, B. Davies, H. Tse
	Filename	: draft-christian-tewg-measurement-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 10-Aug-00
	
This memo describes measurement in order to accomplish Traffic
Engineering (TE) in IP networks.  This document will aid vendors in
their choice of information to provide; it will assist network
operators in determining the appropriate information to request; and
will demonstrate how measurements are used to accomplish TE.  The
objective of this memo is to describe TE measurement.  This memo
will also describe (in brief) some methods for using the variables
and some methods for gathering the information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-christian-tewg-measurement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-christian-tewg-measurement-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-christian-tewg-measurement-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.