Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vpim-hint-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 06:53:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Content Hint for Internet Mail
	Author(s)	: E. Burger, E. Candell, C. Eliot, G. Klyne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-vpim-hint-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 09-Aug-00
	
This document describes a mechanism to allow senders of a multi-part
Internet mail message to convey presentational information on the
message as a whole.  The document specifies a RFC 822 header called
'Content-Hint'.  This mechanism is very similar to the use of the
Content-Disposition MIME entity described in [2].  Content-
Disposition gives clues to the receiving User Agent (UA) for how to
display a given body part.  Content-Hint gives clues to the
receiving UA for the context of the message display.  This allows
the receiving UA to present the message in a meaningful way to the
   recipient.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-hint-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-vpim-hint-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-hint-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.