Subject: Protocol Action: Real-Time Transport Protocol Management Information Base to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 09:58:33 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Real-Time Transport Protocol
Management Information Base' <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mib-13.txt> as a
Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the Audio/Video
Transport Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Scott Bradner
and Allison Mankin.

Technical Summary
 
 This document defines MIB objects for managing Real-Time Transport
 Protocol (RTP) systems.  The management includes both host end-systems
 running application programs that send or receive RTP data packets,
 and intermediate-systems that forward RTP packets.  It also includes
 transmission and reception of RTP Control Protocol (RTCP).

Working Group Summary

 The document has been revised as a result of input from the working group,
 in particular the addition of optional index tables for the primary tables
 to allow fast lookup of entries.  There is good working group consensus
 for publishing the document.

Protocol Quality

 Scott Bradner, Vern Paxson, and Bert Wijnen reviewed the spec for
 the IESG.