Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-salsano-simpler-ef-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:17:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A simpler EF PHB Redefinition
	Author(s)	: S. Salsano
	Filename	: draft-salsano-simpler-ef-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 07-Aug-00
	
This document proposes text aiming at providing clarification to RFC
2598. As explained in [CHA], the primary motivation is that the
definition of EF PHB given in RFC 2598 does not match the intuition
of the EF PHB, and has been determined to be unimplementable in a
manner compliant with the definition.

[CHA] gives a new rigorous definition of EF PHB, using a recurrence
equation that determines a bound for time at the which a packet must
exit the node, given that the arriving times and the exit times of
all packets are recorded.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salsano-simpler-ef-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-salsano-simpler-ef-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-salsano-simpler-ef-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.