Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-not-existing-rr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 06:43:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Authenticating denial of existence in DNS with minimum
                          disclosure (or; An alternative to DNSSEC NXT records)
	Author(s)	: S. Josefsson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-not-existing-rr-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 24-Aug-00
	
This draft present an alternative to NXT records, used to achieve
authenticated denial of existence of a domain name, class and type. 
Problems with NXT records, as specified in RFC 2535, are identified.
One solution, the NO record, is presented.
The NO record differ from the NXT record by using a cryptographic
hash value instead of the domain name.  This prevent an adversery
from collecting information by 'chaining' through a zone.  It also
remove delegation point concerns in NXT records.  The document also
describe hash truncation and record merging that reduces
storage/network load.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-not-existing-rr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsext-not-existing-rr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-not-existing-rr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.