Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kirstaedter-extqosarch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:18:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Extended QoS Architecture Supporting Differentiated
                          Resilience Requirements of IP Services
	Author(s)	: A. Kirstaedter, A. Autenrieth
	Filename	: draft-kirstaedter-extqosarch-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 07-Aug-00
	
This document proposes an extension of  the Quality of Service  (QoS)
architecture to support differentiated resilience requirements of  IP
services.
Several  architectures  offering  Quality  of  Service  in   IP-based
networks are defined by  the IETF community.  The two most  important
of  them  are  the  Integrated  Services  (IntServ)  model  with  the
Resource Reservation  Protocol (RSVP)  as the  recommended  signaling
protocol and the Differentiated Services (DiffServ) model.  Recently,
Multiprotocol Label  Switching  (MPLS) emerged  introducing  extended
traffic engineering methods  into IP and  therefore also may  support
QoS.
Due to  the growing  commercial importance  of the  Internet and  the
transport of mission-critical services,  survivability became a  main
service requirement in addition to the traditional QoS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kirstaedter-extqosarch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kirstaedter-extqosarch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kirstaedter-extqosarch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.