Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-giacalone-scored-fair-metric-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 06:52:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Scored Fair Metric Calculation
	Author(s)	: S. Giacalone
	Filename	: draft-giacalone-scored-fair-metric-routing-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 09-Aug-00
	
This memo defines a modular metric calculation system termed Scored
Fair Metric Calculation (SFMC). SFMC can be integrated with Link
State and Distance Vector routing protocols and their extensions
[1,4,5,6,7], enabling them to find network paths that support the
highest possible number of best metrics across a network. SFMC makes
it possible to support and mix large sets of heterogeneous network
features and capabilities.
SFMC solves many of the issues inherent in routing protocols that
attempt to use complex sets of metrics by decoupling raw metric data
from the input side of routing protocols. Unlike the past, SFMC
regards all metrics all the time, while treating all metrics equally
(by default).
Additionally, the SFMC architecture provides a simple and flexible
interface for extensive manipulation of path selection.
Please send comments to [email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-giacalone-scored-fair-metric-routing-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-giacalone-scored-fair-metric-routing-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-giacalone-scored-fair-metric-routing-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.