Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-oneill-craps-handoff-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 06:34:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generalized IP Handoff
	Author(s)	: A. O'Neill, G. Tsirtsis, S. Corson
	Filename	: draft-oneill-craps-handoff-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 22-Aug-00
	
This draft describes a generalized IP handoff model that supports
edge mobility such as that encountered in cellular systems and
Internet roaming.  The model is mobile-controlled and network-
constrained.  The model is generic in that it permits both planned
and unplanned handoff (i.e. proactive and reactive) and supports
both make-before-break and break-before-make link layers. It also
supports movement within and between technologies, as well as within
and between domains. Finally, it is -equally applicable to routed
mobility and to tunneled mobile IP-based mobility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oneill-craps-handoff-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-oneill-craps-handoff-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-oneill-craps-handoff-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.