Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-qos-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:18:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Next Steps for the IP QoS Architecture
	Author(s)	: G. Huston
	Filename	: draft-iab-qos-02.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 07-Aug-00
	
While there has been significant progress in the definition of QoS 
architectures for internet networks, there are a number of aspects 
of QoS that appear to need further elaboration as they relate to 
translating a set of tools into a coherent platform for end-to-end 
service delivery. This document highlights the outstanding 
architectural issues relating to the deployment and use of QoS 
mechanisms within internet networks, noting those areas where 
further standards work may assist with the deployment of QoS 
internets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-qos-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iab-qos-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iab-qos-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.