Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-smith-http-third-party-authentication-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 06:51:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: HTTP Authentication: Third-Party Authentication
	Author(s)	: J. Smith
	Filename	: draft-smith-http-third-party-authentication-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 09-Aug-00
	
Existing HTTP authentication schemes require knowledge of the secret
used to establish the client's identity be known in some manner by
the site requiring the authentication.  Some situations exist in
which a site has a legitimate reason to authenticate a client but
cannot be trusted with the information required to authenticate that
client.  The authentication scheme defined in this document allows a
site to authenticate a client via a trusted third-party.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-smith-http-third-party-authentication-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-smith-http-third-party-authentication-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-smith-http-third-party-authentication-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.