Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-oneill-handoff-state-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 07:02:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: State transfer between Access Routes during Handoff
	Author(s)	: A. O'Neill, G. Tsirtsis, S. Corson
	Filename	: draft-oneill-handoff-state-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 11-Aug-00
	
This draft aims to document an issue raised in the Mobile IP working
group related to fast handoff between Access Routers. The fast
handoff work aims to rapidly enable IP service at the new access
router. In Mobile IP this implies that Binding Updates at the
network layer enable forwarding of packets to the new access router.
However, it may also imply other network layer activities because
the IP service given to the MN may depend on state which is
presently located in the old access router. This draft aims to
document the issue through examples so that the IETF can resolve how
to approach this issue.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oneill-handoff-state-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-oneill-handoff-state-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-oneill-handoff-state-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.