Subject: Protocol Action: Event MIB to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:51:00 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Event MIB'
<draft-ietf-disman-event-mib-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Distributed Management Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
  for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
  In particular, it describes managed objects that can be used to
  manage and monitor MIB objects and take action through events.

  The Event MIB provides the ability to monitor MIB objects on the local
  system or on a remote system and take simple action when a trigger
  condition is met.

Working Group Summary

  This document incorporates feedback from implementors of
  an earlier internet-draft.  The Working Group has (rough)
  consensus that this document is ready to be published
  as Proposed Standard, so that we can start to collect
  implementation and interoperability experience.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Saperia and
  Bert Wijnen.

-----------------------

Note To RFC-Editor:

- In the abstract on page 2, please remove "experimental".
  OLD:
  This memo defines an experimental portion of the Management Information
  NEW:
  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information