Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-harkins-ipsra-crack-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 06:52:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IKE Challenge/Response for Authenticated Cryptographic
                          Keys (Revised)
	Author(s)	: D. Harkins, D. Piper
	Filename	: draft-harkins-ipsra-crack-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 25-Aug-00
	
This memo describes a new IKE authentication method ([HC98]) which
provides for mutual authentication when one side is using a legacy-
based secret-key authentication technique such as RADIUS, SecurID, or
OTP and the other side is using public-key authentication, with
optional digital certificates.
The generic protocol described herein is an open-ended IKE phase 1
exchange ([HC98]).  The result of this exchange is a mutually
authenticated IKE security association ([HC98]).  The keys that are
derived from this SA are also authenticated and thereby convey this
state to any SA's created from it for any other security service,
such as IPsec [Pip98].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harkins-ipsra-crack-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-harkins-ipsra-crack-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-harkins-ipsra-crack-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.