Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mogul-http-dcluster-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 06:51:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: HTTP Delta Clusters and Templates
	Author(s)	: J. Mogul, F. Douglis, D. Hellerstein
	Filename	: draft-mogul-http-dcluster-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 25-Aug-00
	
HTTP 'Delta encoding,' the transmission of a compact
encoding of the change between instances of a Web resource
instead of retransmitting the entire new value, has been
shown to be of potential value.  Research has shown
additional benefits if deltas can be computed between
instances of different resources.  This document describes
a compatible extension to HTTP delta encoding to support
'clustering', where multiple resources (URLs) are treated
as a pool, and the use of 'templates', where a large set of
resource instances are most naturally described as deltas
from a chosen template resource.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mogul-http-dcluster-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mogul-http-dcluster-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mogul-http-dcluster-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.