Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gray-mpls-rsvp-oif-uni-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 06:49:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RSVP Extensions in Support of OIF Optical UNI 
                          Signaling
	Author(s)	: E. Gray et al.
	Filename	: draft-gray-mpls-rsvp-oif-uni-ext-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 30-Aug-00
	
This draft defines a signaling mechanism based on RSVP-TE ([2]) to
support an Optical User Network Interface (UNI).  This effort is in
part driven by work in the OIF as well as the recent draft on
signaling requirements for the optical UNI ([3]), and is consistent
with recent work on Generalized MPLS (see [4], [5], [6], and [7]). 
The main function of this draft is to identify the relevant mechanisms
in RSVP-TE (including further extensions) to satisfy functional
requirements for an Optical UNI.  This draft reflects ongoing work at
the Optical Interworking Forum (OIF), however, not all of the
concepts/requirements have been approved by the OIF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gray-mpls-rsvp-oif-uni-ext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gray-mpls-rsvp-oif-uni-ext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gray-mpls-rsvp-oif-uni-ext-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.