Subject: RFC 2700 on Internet Standards

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:38:36 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 1
        RFC 2700

        Title:      Internet Official Protocol Standards
        Author:     J. Reynolds, R. Braden
        Date:       August 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 90213
        Obsoletes:  2600, 2500, 2400, 2300, 2200, 2000, 1920, 1880,
                    1800, 1780, 1720, 1610, 1600, 1540, 1500, 1410,
                    1360, 1280, 1250, 1200, 1140, 1130, 1100, 1083

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2700.txt

This memo describes the current state of standardization of protocols
used in the Internet as determined by the Internet Engineering Task
Force (IETF).  Sections 3.1 - 3.6 contain the lists of protocols in
each stage of standardization - Standard, Draft Standard, Proposed
Standard, Experimental and Historic.  Protocols that are new to this
document or have been moved from one protocol level to another, or
differ from the previous edition of this document are marked.
Informational Request for Comments (RFCs) are not included.  This
memo lists the current protocols; it is not a complete index to RFCs.

This memo describes the state of standardization of protocols used in
the Internet as determined by the Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF).  This memo is an Internet Standard.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.