Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jonsson-rohc-profiles-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 06:37:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Profiles and Parameters in ROHC
	Author(s)	: L. Jonsson, K. Svanbro, H. Hannu
	Filename	: draft-jonsson-rohc-profiles-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 23-Aug-00
	
The RObust Header Compression WG (ROHC) is developing compression
schemes initially for IP/UDP/RTP header compression [ROHC]. The group
is also chartered to develop compression for IP/TCP and after re-
chartering it is possible (probable) that also compression of other
protocols will follow. Compression and decompression must always
follow well defined rules but there exist a number of variables that
will affect details in the way compression should be carried out and
how these rules are set. The purpose of this document is to identify
such variables and outline a way to make ROHC both adaptable to
various conditions and possible to extend for future needs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jonsson-rohc-profiles-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jonsson-rohc-profiles-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jonsson-rohc-profiles-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.