Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6multihome-with-aggr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 06:43:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Multihoming with Route Aggregation
	Author(s)	: J. Yu
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6multihome-with-aggr-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 24-Aug-00
	
With the growing requirements for reliable Internet connectivity,
increasing number of enterprises choose to acquire Internet
connectivity from more than one Internet Service Providers (ISPs) for
the purpose of connectivity redundancy and traffic load distribution.
The potential of large number of multi-connection sites impose direct
challenge on routing aggregation and consequently on scalability of
the global Internet routing. Hence a solution is highly desirable
which provides the benefit of multi-connection as well as the better
scalability of the global routing system. In addition, such solution
needs to be simple enough to be operationally manageable. With the
fast growth of ISP networks as well as enterprise networks, network
manageability is becoming an increasingly important requirement. This
document describes a solution which achieves the stated goals.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6multihome-with-aggr-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6multihome-with-aggr-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6multihome-with-aggr-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.