Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-venkatachalam-interarea-mpls-te-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:49:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Framework for the LSP Setup Across IGP Areas for 
                          MPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: S. Venkatachalam, S. Dharanikota
	Filename	: draft-venkatachalam-interarea-mpls-te-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 15-Aug-00
	
In this draft, we propose architecture for the inter-area LSP setup 
based on criteria (combination of constraints). We derive the
architectural requirements for the routing protocols, signaling
protocols and the MIBs to support such an idea. We also demonstrate
how such a mechanism will reduce the crankback during LSP setup.
A possible outline of the modifications to the CSPF algorithm and
examples are presented. In the companion document [INTER_AREA_EXT]
we elaborate on the extensions required for such architecture.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-venkatachalam-interarea-mpls-te-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-venkatachalam-interarea-mpls-te-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-venkatachalam-interarea-mpls-te-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.