Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 06:43:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RSVP-TE: Extensions to RSVP for LSP Tunnels
	Author(s)	: D. Awduche, L. Berger, D. Gan, T. Li, 
                          V. Srinivasan, G. Swallow
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-07.txt
	Pages		: 62
	Date		: 24-Aug-00
	
This document describes the use of RSVP, including all the necessary
extensions, to establish label-switched paths (LSPs) in MPLS.  Since
the flow along an LSP is completely identified by the label applied
at the ingress node of the path, these paths may be treated as
tunnels.  A key application of LSP tunnels is traffic engineering
with MPLS as specified in [3].
We propose several additional objects that extend RSVP, allowing the
establishment of explicitly routed label switched paths using RSVP as
a signaling protocol.  The result is the instantiation of label-
switched tunnels which can be automatically routed  away from network
failures, congestion, and bottlenecks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.