Subject: RFC 2905 on AAA Authorization Application Examples

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:32:09 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2905

        Title:	    AAA Authorization Application Examples
        Author(s):  J. Vollbrecht, P. Calhoun, S. Farrell, L. Gommans,
                    G. Gross, B. de Bruijn, C. de Laat, M. Holdrege,
                    D. Spence 
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       August 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 118645
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-aaaarch-authorization-apps-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2905.txt

This memo describes several examples of applications requiring
authorization.  Each application is described in terms of a
consistent framework, and specific authorization requirements of each
application are given.  This material was not contributed by the
working groups responsible for the applications and should not be
considered prescriptive for how the applications will meet their
authorization needs.  Rather the intent is to explore the fundamental
needs of a variety of different applications with the view of
compiling a set of requirements that an authorization protocol will
need to meet in order to be generally useful.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.