Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 06:52:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Media Gateway Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Megaco IP Phone Media Gateway Application Profile
	Author(s)	: R. Bell, P. Blatherwick, P. Holland
	Filename	: draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-03.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 25-Aug-00
	
This document specifies a particular application of the Megaco/H.248 
Protocol [3] for control of Internet telephones and similar appliances: 
the Megaco IP Phone Media Gateway.  The telephone itself is a Media 
Gateway (MG), controlled by the Megaco/H.248 Protocol, with application 
control intelligence located in the Media Gateway Controller (MGC).  To 
achieve a high degree of interoperability and design efficiency in such 
end-user devices, a consistent architectural approach, a particular 
organization of Terminations and Packages, and a Protocol Profile are 
described.  The approach makes use of existing Protocol features and 
user interface related Packages [4], and is thus a straight-forward 
application of the Megaco/H.248 Protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-megaco-ipphone-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.