Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wuht-diffserv-dccs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 06:51:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Direct Congestion Control Scheme for Non-responsive 
                          Flow Control in Diff-Serv IP Networks
	Author(s)	: H. Wu, K. Long, S. Cheng, J. Ma
	Filename	: draft-wuht-diffserv-dccs-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 09-Aug-00
	
This draft considers the potentially negative impacts of an 
increasing deployment of non-congestion-controlled or non-responsive 
traffic on the Internet. Traffic unresponsiveness could bring 
extremely unfairness against responsive TCP traffic and great service 
degradation. Differentiated Services (DS)[5,6], which has been 
proposed by IETF recently, aims to provide a scalable service 
differentiation in the Internet that can be used for differentiated 
payment. We argue that this could add the incentives of their 
customer to use unresponsive flow to achieve better service assurance 
against the competing traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wuht-diffserv-dccs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wuht-diffserv-dccs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wuht-diffserv-dccs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.