Subject: 2000 IESG/IAB Nominations Committee Chair

From: Don Heath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 08:04:17 -0400

I am pleased to report that Bernard Aboba, of Microsoft, has agreed to 
serve as the 2000 IAB/IESG nominations chair.  Bernard can be reached at 
[email-masked]

This is, as always, an ambitious undertaking and now it is your obligation 
to accept your own professional responsibilities to assist in any way you can.

A Call for Nominations will soon be sent to the IETF Announcement 
list.  Persons who have attended at least 2 IETF meetings are eligible to 
volunteer to serve on the nominations committee.  The list of volunteers 
will be verified as to qualification using the IETF Secretariat attendance 
records.  A  nominations committee will be formed from a randomly selected 
subset of the qualified volunteers.

A list of IESG positions to be filled and IAB positions to be reconsidered 
will be published shortly.  Please give serious consideration to possible 
candidates to fill these posts and make these suggestions known to Bernard, 
who will share them with the committee.

Thank you,
Don Heath
President and CEO
Internet Society