Subject: Last Call: XML Media Types to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:35:03 -0400

The IESG is issuing a second (and shorter) Last Call Notice before
considering XML Media Types <draft-murata-xml-09.txt> as a Proposed
Standard due to a change from the version originally last called.

Section 3 of the document originally said:

   For backward compatibility, application/xml and text/xml MAY, but
   SHOULD NOT, also be used for "external parsed entities", "external
   DTD subsets", and "external parameter entities".

This has been revised to read:

   application/xml and text/xml MUST NOT be used for "external parsed
   entities", "external DTD subsets", and "external parameter
   entities".  Note that RFC 2376 (obsoleted) allowed this usage,
   although in practice it is likely to be rare.

This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by September 27, 2000.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-08.txt