Subject: RFC 2896 on RMON PI Macros

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:00:46 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2896

        Title:	    Remote Network Monitoring MIB Protocol Identifier
                    Macros 
        Author(s):  A. Bierman, C. Bucci, R. Iddon
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       August 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      85
        Characters: 135768
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-mac-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2896.txt

This memo contains various protocol identifier examples, which can be
used to produce valid protocolDirTable INDEX encodings, as defined by
the Remote Network Monitoring MIB (Management Information Base)
Version 2 and the RMON Protocol Identifier Reference.
 
This document contains protocol identifier macros for well-known
protocols.  A conformant implementation of the RMON-2 MIB can
be accomplished without the use of these protocol identifiers, and
accordingly, this document does not specify any IETF standard.  It is
published to encourage better interoperability between RMON-2 agent
implementations, by providing a great deal of RMON related protocol
information in one document.
 
The first version of the RMON Protocol Identifiers Document has been
split into a standards-track Reference portion, and an "RMON Protocol
Identifier Macros", document (this document) which contains the
non-normative portion of that specification. 

This document is product of the Remote Network Monitoring Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.