Subject: Protocol Action: XML DTD for Phone Books to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 07:17:47 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'XML DTD for Phone Books'
<draft-ietf-roamops-phonebook-xml-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Roaming Operations Working Group.  The
IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary

   This document defines the syntax as well as the semantics of the
   information to be included in the phone book for internet dial-up roaming
   applications.  It comprises the information necessary to select the most
   appropriate ISP and to configure the host to get access to the network of
   the provider. The specification consists of a small set of required
   information elements and a variety of possible extensions.  All data are
   specified in XML syntax, leading to a concise XML DTD for the phone book.

Working Group Summary

 There was no technical dissent (or much discussion) during the WG last
 call.

Protocol Quality

 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush.