Subject: RFC 2917 on Core VPNs

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:37:07 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2917

        Title:	    A Core MPLS IP VPN Architecture
        Author(s):  K. Muthukrishnan, A. Malis
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       September 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35352
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-muthukrishnan-mpls-corevpn-arch-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2917.txt

This memo presents an approach for building core Virtual Private
Network (VPN) services in a service provider's MPLS backbone.  This
approach uses Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) running in the
backbone to provide premium services in addition to best effort
services. The central vision is for the service provider to provide a
virtual router service to their customers. The keystones of this
architecture are ease of configuration, user security, network
security, dynamic neighbor discovery, scaling and the use of existing
routing protocols as they exist today without any modifications.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.