Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bala-mplamps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 06:49:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MPLampS: Electricity over IP (with an MPLS control 
                          plane)
	Author(s)	: B. Rajagopalan
	Filename	: draft-bala-mplamps-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 11-Sep-00
	
Mostly Pointless Lamp Switching (MPLampS) is an architecture for
carrying electricity over IP (with an MPLS control plane). MPLampS 
has the potential to dramatically lower the price, ease the 
distribution and usage, and improve manageability of delivering 
electricity. This draft is motivated by such drafts as SONET/SDH 
over IP/MPLS [2,3] (with apologies to their authors). Readers of 
the previous drafts have been observed scratching their heads and 
muttering, 'What next?'. This draft answers that question.
This draft has also been written as a public service. It was
recently announced that the routing area will consider work items of
the form 'foo-over-MPLS'. There are possibly many who are wondering
how to exploit this opportunity and write random drafts to achieve
prominence in the MPLS area. This draft illustrates the key
ingredients that go into producing any 'foo-over-MPLS' draft and may
be used as a template for all such work.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bala-mplamps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bala-mplamps-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bala-mplamps-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.