Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chuah-avt-lipe-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 06:39:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A LightWeight IP Encapsulation (LIPE) Scheme
	Author(s)	: M. Chuah, E. Hernandez-Valencia
	Filename	: draft-chuah-avt-lipe-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 20-Sep-00
	
Several application level compression/multiplexing solutions have
been proposed in the IETF Audio/Video Transport (AVT) Working Group
[1][2][9] to improve the transport efficiency of packet-voice traffic
over IP-based networks. These approaches generally assume voice
packets are RTP/UDP/IP encapsulated by the communicating end-points
(e.g., IP phones, mobile terminal, media gateways, etc.).  In some
transport scenarios, using RTP/UDP encapsulation for voice packet is
unnecessary as only the data transfer services provided by the IP
layer are required, not the media control functions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chuah-avt-lipe-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chuah-avt-lipe-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chuah-avt-lipe-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.