Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 06:45:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Remote Access Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PIC, A Pre-IKE Credential Provisioning Protocol
	Author(s)	: Y. Sheffer, H. Krawczyk
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 01-Sep-00
	
This document presents a method to bootstrap IPSec authentication via 
an 'Authentication Server' (AS) and legacy user authentication (e.g., 
RADIUS). The client machine communicates with the AS using a key 
exchange protocol authenticated by the server only, and the derived 
keys are used to protect the legacy user authentication. Once the 
user is authenticated, the client machine obtains credentials from 
the AS that can be later used to authenticate the client in a 
standard IKE exchange with an IPSec-enabled security gateway. The 
later stage does not require user intervention. The proposed server-
authenticated key exchange uses an ISAKMP-based protocol, similar to 
a simplified IKE exchange, and arbitrary legacy authentication is 
supported via the use of the standard EAP protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.