Subject: RFC 2930 on The DNS TKEY RR

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:43:02 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2930

        Title:	    Secret Key Establishment for DNS (TKEY RR)
        Author(s):  D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       September 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34894
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-tkey-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2930.txt

[RFC 2845] provides a means of authenticating Domain Name System (DNS)
queries and responses using shared secret keys via the Transaction
Signature (TSIG) resource record (RR).  However, it provides no
mechanism for setting up such keys other than manual exchange. This
document describes a Transaction Key (TKEY) RR that can be used in a
number of different modes to establish shared secret keys between a
DNS resolver and server.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the
IETF. 

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.