Subject: BCP 42, RFC 2929 on DNS IANA Considerations

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:40:33 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 42
        RFC 2929

        Title:	    Domain Name System (DNS) IANA Considerations
        Author(s):  D. Eastlake 3rd, E. Brunner-Williams, B. Manning 
        Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       September 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 22454
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-iana-dns-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2929.txt

Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) parameter assignment
considerations are given for the allocation of Domain Name System
(DNS) classes, Resource Record (RR) types, operation codes, error
codes, etc.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the
IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.