Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-murata-xml-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 06:29:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: XML Media Types
	Author(s)	: M. Murata, S. St.Laurent, D. Kohn
	Filename	: draft-murata-xml-09.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 19-Sep-00
	
This document standardizes five new media types, text/xml,
application/xml, text/xml-external-parsed-entity,
application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd, for
use in exchanging network entities which are related to the
Extensible Markup Language (XML). This document also standardizes a
convention (using the suffix '|xml') for naming media types outside
of these five types when those media types represent XML entities.
XML MIME entities are currently exchanged via the HyperText Transfer
Protocol on the World Wide Web, are an integral part of the WebDAV
protocol for remote web authoring, and are expected to have utility
in many domains.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-murata-xml-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.