Subject: Document Action: Architectural Implications of NAT to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:14:01 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Architectural Implications of
NAT' <draft-iab-nat-implications-09.txt> as an Informational RFC.  This
document is the product of the Internet Architecture Board.

The IESG contact person is Fred Baker.

Note to RFC Editor:

On page 10, 3rd para, change SNMPv3 to SNMP as follows:

From:
   the application (ie: create an application gateway). This may not be
   possible for all applications (such as IP based authentication in
   SNMPv3), and even with application gateways in the path it may be

To:
   the application (ie: create an application gateway). This may not be
   possible for all applications (such as IP based authentication in
   SNMP), and even with application gateways in the path it may be

Also, on page 11, in the bulleted list, please change:

From:
   - NATs invalidate the authentication mechanism of SNMPv3.

To:

   - NATs complicate or may even invalidate authentication mechanisms
    of SNMPv3