Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-idea-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 06:45:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Use of the IDEA Encryption Algorithm in CMS
	Author(s)	: S. Teiwes, P. Hartmann, D. Kuenzi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-idea-07.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 01-Sep-00
	
This memo specifies how to incorporate IDEA (International Data
Encryption Algorithm) [IDEA] into S/MIME [SMIME2, SMIME3] as 
an additional strong algorithm for symmetric encryption. For 
organizations who make use of IDEA for data security purposes 
it is of high interest that IDEA is also available in S/MIME. 
The intention of this memo is to provide the OIDs and algorithms 
required that IDEA can be included in S/MIME for symmetric content
and key encryption.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-idea-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-smime-idea-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-idea-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.