Subject: RFC 2895 on RMON PI Reference

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 13:52:44 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2895

        Title:	    Remote Network Monitoring MIB Protocol Identifier
                    Reference 
        Author(s):  A. Bierman, C. Bucci, R. Iddon
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       August 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 88094
        Obsoletes:  2074

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-ref-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2895.txt

This memo defines a notation describing protocol layers in a protocol
encapsulation, specifically for use in encoding INDEX values for the
protocolDirTable, found in the RMON-2 MIB (Remote Network Monitoring
Management Information Base).  The definitions for the standard
protocol directory base layer identifiers are also included. 
 
The first version of the RMON Protocol Identifiers Document has been
split into a standards-track Reference portion (this document),
and an Informational document.  The RMON Protocol Identifier Macros
document now contains the non-normative portion of that specification.
 
This document obsoletes RFC 2074.

This document is a product of the Remote Network Monitoring Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.