Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 06:49:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Topology Broadcast based on Reverse-Path Forwarding 
                          (TBRPF)
	Author(s)	: B. Bellur, R. Ogier, F. Templin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-00.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 31-Aug-00
	
Topology Broadcast based on Reverse-Path Forwarding (TBRPF) is a
link-state routing protocol designed for use in a mobile ad-hoc
network (MANET) or an internet.  TBRPF provides each node with the
state of each link in the network, but does so much more efficiently
than flooding (e.g., OSPF).  TBRPF uses the concept of reverse-path
forwarding to efficiently and reliably broadcast each link-state
update along the minimum-hop-path tree rooted at the source of the
update.  The broadcast trees (one tree per source) are updated
dynamically using the topology information that is received along the
trees themselves, thus requiring very little additional overhead for
maintaining the trees. This document describes TBRPF and discusses
details for the implementation of TBRPF in IPv4-based MANETs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.