Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-cjk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 06:57:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Name Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Han Ideograph (CJK) for Internationalized Domain Names
	Author(s)	: J. Seng et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idn-cjk-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 13-Sep-00
	
During the development of Internationalized Domain Name (IDN), it is
discovered that there is a substantial lack of information and
misunderstanding on Han ideographs and its folding mechanism.

This document attempts to address some of the issues on doing han
folding with respect to IDN. Hopefully, this will dispel some of the
common misunderstanding of this problem and to discuss some of the
issues with han ideograph and its folding mechanism.

This document addresses very specific problem to IDN and thus is not
meant as a reference for generic Han folding. Generic Han folding are
much more complicated and certainly beyond this document. However, the
use of this document may be applicable to other areas that are related
with names, e.g. Common Name Resolution Protocol [CNRP].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-cjk-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idn-cjk-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-cjk-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.