Subject: RFC 2897 on MGCP Advanced Audio Package

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 17:11:15 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2897

        Title:	    Proposal for an MGCP Advanced Audio Package
        Author(s):  D. Cromwell
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       August 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 67459
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-cromwell-mgcp-advanced-audio-pkg-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2897.txt

This document is a proposal to add a new event/signal package to the
MGCP (Media Gateway Control Protocol) protocol to control an ARF
(Audio Resource Function) which may reside on a Media Gateway or
specialized Audio Server.
 
This event package provides support for the standard IVR (Interactive
Voice Response) operations of PlayAnnouncement, PlayCollect, and
PlayRecord.  It supports direct references to simple audio as well as
indirect references to simple and complex audio. It provides audio
variables, control of audio interruptibility, digit buffer control,
special key sequences, and support for reprompting during data
collection.  It also provides an arbitrary number of user defined
qualifiers to be used in resolving complex audio structures.  For
example, the user could define qualifiers for any or all of the
following: language, accent, audio file format, gender, speaker, or
customer.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.