Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ymbk-termroom-op-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 06:55:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IETF Meeting Network Infrastructure Lore
	Author(s)	: N. Bourbaki
	Filename	: draft-ymbk-termroom-op-04.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 12-Sep-00
	
Creating and running the 'terminal room' for an IETF meeting is
tantamount to building, running, and dismantling a small computer
center.  Although this is a well-known area of operations, the unique
environment and its ephemeral nature warrant passing on the lore in a
mildly organized fashion.  It is expected that this document will be
updated regularly.  However, it is not clear that this will ever be
published as an RFC.
As the IETF can ill afford failure of this service, it is assumed
that the host and organizers have the experience and resources to
build such environments, understand power facilities, cabling, WAN
and LAN building, workstation provisioning, staffing, etc.  So this
document does not attempt to detail how to build computer facilities
or carry out prudent project management.  Rather it concentrates on
the unique aspects of the IETF 'terminal room'.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ymbk-termroom-op-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ymbk-termroom-op-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ymbk-termroom-op-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.