Subject: Protocol Action: Registration of Charset and Languages Media Features Tags to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 06:38:26 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Registration of Charset and
Languages Media Features Tags' <draft-hoffman-char-lang-media-03.txt>
as a Proposed Standard.

This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik
Faltstrom

Technical Summary
 
The document contains the registration for two media feature tags:
"charset" and "language". These media features allow specification of
character sets and human languages that can be understood by devices
and the devices' users. This is a registration of media tags
according to procedures specified in RFC 2506.

Working Group Summary

This is not the result of a working group, but the document has been
discussed in the Content Negotiation Working Group, which is where
Content Negotiation Procedures is discussed in the IETF. That working
group found the document ok.

Protocol Quality

The document was reviewed by Patrik Faltstrom.