Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-williams-rdmatcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 07:01:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RDMA / TCP
	Author(s)	: J. Williams
	Filename	: draft-williams-rdmatcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 28-Sep-00
	
This document describes a format for encapsulating RDMA (remote direct 
memory access) information within a TCP data stream.  No changes or 
modification to TCP of any sort are required.  This is not intended to 
be a protocol, but rather a common format that may be shared by 
multiple client protocols, for instance VI/TCP and iSCSI.  By using a 
common format it is hoped that design of NICs supporting these multiple 
protocols can be simplified.
Sufficient information is included in the RDMA message format to allow 
determination of the protocol message units, as will as the ability to 
process an incoming RDMA request even if previous packets are missing 
and awaiting retransmission.  In addition a CRC-32 is included in each 
segment to enhance the checksum coverage included in TCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-williams-rdmatcp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-williams-rdmatcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-williams-rdmatcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.