Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-ocsp-path-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 06:30:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Delegated Path Discovery with OCSP
	Author(s)	: M. Myers, S. Farrell, C. Adams
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-ocsp-path-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 19-Sep-00
	
OCSP [RFC2560] establishes the Internet standard for online certificate status. An OCSP path discovery responder is an enhanced OCSP responder that provides requestors with certification paths.  The technological and geographic diversity of the sources of these data motivates existence of service that enables relying-party software to acquire certification path data from an OCSP server rather than replicate the same functionality. This specification establishes an Internet standard extension to OCSP to address this need.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ocsp-path-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-ocsp-path-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ocsp-path-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.