Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-templin-ngtrans-v6v4compat-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 06:31:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An IPv6-IPv4 Compatibility Aggregatable Global Unicast
                          Address Format for Incremental Deployment of IPv6 
                          Nodes Within Predominantly IPv4-based Intranets
	Author(s)	: F. Templin
	Filename	: draft-templin-ngtrans-v6v4compat-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 25-Sep-00
	
This document specifies an IPv6-IPv4 compatibility aggregatable
global unicast address format and its application for incremental
IPv6 deployment for hosts and routers within predominantly IPv4-based
Intranets. This document assumes that, during the IPv4 to IPv6 co-
existence and transition phase, many sites will deploy IPv6
incrementally (not all at once) on hosts and routers within their
pre-existing IPv4 interior routing domains; especially those sites
which have large and complex pre-existing IPv4 infrastructures. In
such cases, the address format and methods described in this document
will enable IPv6 deployment for hosts and routers which do not share
a common multiple access datalink with their default IPv6 gateways.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-ngtrans-v6v4compat-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-templin-ngtrans-v6v4compat-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-templin-ngtrans-v6v4compat-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.