Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ema-vpim-pndn-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 05:53:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Partial Non-Delivery Notification
	Author(s)	: E. Burger
	Filename	: draft-ema-vpim-pndn-03.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 29-Nov-00
	
This document describes the interaction between systems sending
multi-part Internet mail [2] to systems that cannot render parts of
the sent message.  In particular, this document describes an
extension to the Delivery Status Notification mechanism described in
[3].
An example of partial message delivery failure is the case when a
user sends an audio file and a video file to an Internet Voice Mail
[4] system.  The Internet Voice Mail system can render the audio
part but not the video part.  In this case, a partial delivery
occurs.
This document reflects work undertaken in support of the Internet
Voice Mail and Voice Profile for Internet Mail [5] initiatives.  The
VPIM Work Group home page is <http://www.ema.org/vpim>.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ema-vpim-pndn-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ema-vpim-pndn-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ema-vpim-pndn-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.