Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-extension1-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:17:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: TIFF-FX Extensions 1
	Author(s)	: L. McIntyre, D. Abercrombie, W. Rucklidge, R. Buckley
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-extension1-00.txt
	Pages		: 58
	Date		: 17-Nov-00
	
This document is an Internet draft for extensions to TIFF-FX
[RFC XXXX], extension set 1.
This draft describes extensions to RFC XXXX to enable new features or
conditions to TIFF-FX. The features are described by a set of 
guidelines for all TIFF-FX extensions, and a set of 5 extension types
which enable: increased resolutions and image widths, expanding 
Profile M from 3 layers to N layers, the use of shared data as a 
general mechanism for sharing data across images and pages, a binary 
profile for JBIG2 coding, and an extension to Profile M for JBIG2 and
'colour tag' coding. These extensions do not required modification of
existing TIFF-FX implementations.
The IETF has been notified of intellectual property rights claimed in
regard to some or all of the specification contained in this
document.  For more information consult the online list of claimed
rights in <http://www.ietf.org/ipr.html>.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-extension1-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-extension1-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-extension1-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.