Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cheng-idmr-hlim-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:54:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Hierarchical Level-based IP Multicast (HLIM)
	Author(s)	: M. Cheng et al.
	Filename	: draft-cheng-idmr-hlim-00.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
This document proposes and describes a new IP multicast routing
protocol, called 'Hierarchical Level-based IP Multicast' (HLIM). It
is designed for a hierarchical IP network and leverages the
hierarchical structure to provide efficient IP multicasting. It is
originally designed for tactical networks in battlefields but some of
its functions could be applied to commercial networks as well.
Besides the basic support for multicast in static environments, HLIM
supports host mobility (movements of IP multicast hosts) and network
mobility (movements of IP multicast routers with/without hosts).
Since HLIM is designed for harsh environments, reliability and
survivability functions are also built into HLIM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheng-idmr-hlim-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cheng-idmr-hlim-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cheng-idmr-hlim-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.