Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-perkins-mobileip-handover-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 05:52:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins et al.
	Filename	: draft-perkins-mobileip-handover-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 29-Nov-00
	
This document identifies (OR BETTER: specifies) protocol enhancements
that enable mobile nodes to more quickly become connected at new
points of attachment to the Internet.  These protocol enhancements
are intended to minimize the time during which the mobile node is
unable to send or receive IPv6 packets (i.e., the handover latency).
Mobile IPv6 is considered to be the base protocol, but Mobile
IPv6 does not mandate any mechanism which gives assurances about
minimizing the handover latency.  The protocol enhancements in this
document should be considered as protocol enhancements to Mobile
IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-mobileip-handover-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-perkins-mobileip-handover-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-perkins-mobileip-handover-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.