Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-aaaarch-pol-acct-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 05:59:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Policy-based Accounting
	Author(s)	: G. Carle, S. Zander, T. Zseby
	Filename	: draft-irtf-aaaarch-pol-acct-01.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 27-Nov-00
	
This draft describes policy-based accounting which is aimed at the
provisioning of flexibility for accounting architectures. Accounting
policies describe the configuration of an accounting architecture in
a standardized way. They are used to instrument the accounting
architecture and can be exchanged between AAA entities in order to
share configuration information.
This draft describes building blocks and message sequences for
policy-based accounting in AAA. Examples are given for the usage of
accounting policies in different scenarios. Furthermore it is shown
how accounting components can be integrated into the authorization
framework. This draft does not propose a language for the
description of accounting policies. It is rather assumed that a
suitable policy language can be chosen from existing or upcoming
standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-aaaarch-pol-acct-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-aaaarch-pol-acct-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-aaaarch-pol-acct-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.