Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-monia-ips-mfcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 06:04:12 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: mFCP - Metro FCP protocol for IP Networking
	Author(s)	: R. Mullendore, C. Monia, J. Tseng
	Filename	: draft-monia-ips-mfcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 06-Nov-00
	
This document describes the mFCP protocol, which transports the
Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP) over metro- and local-scale
IP networks that demonstrate comparable latency, reliability, and
performance levels to that of a Fibre Channel network.  Most
existing storage devices use the FCP protocol for data transport
and error recovery.  mFCP leverages these existing mechanisms to
facilitate high-performance interconnection of Fibre Channel-based
storage devices over private IP networks.  All FCP mechanisms are
transported natively over IP between Fibre Channel and SCSI storage
devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-monia-ips-mfcp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-monia-ips-mfcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-monia-ips-mfcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.