Subject: RFC 3004 on The User Class Option for DHCP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:31:36 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3004

        Title:	    The User Class Option for DHCP
        Author(s):  G. Stump, R. Droms, Y. Gu, R. Vyaghrapuri,
                    A. Demirtjis, B. Beser, J. Privat
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       November 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10423
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-userclass-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3004.txt

This option is used by a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
client to optionally identify the type or category of user or
applications it represents.  The information contained in this option
is an opaque field that represents the user class of which the client
is a member.  Based on this class, a DHCP server selects the
appropriate address pool to assign an address to the client and the
appropriate configuration parameters.  This option should be
configurable by a user.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.