Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lee-mpls-te-exchange-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 06:12:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Distributed Constraints Exchangers
	Author(s)	: C. Lee, A. Celer
	Filename	: draft-lee-mpls-te-exchange-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 21-Nov-00
	
The current link state routing protocols flood link states to all
routers so that routers have the information required to compute the
shortest paths to route packets on a hop by hop basis. However, for
the purpose of establishing MPLS paths, constraint paths are only
required at certain nodes, for instance, at the node where path setup
is triggered or at the head-end of a loosely routed segment that
crosses a network (or area) boundary. In addition, it not possible to
have all required constraints present in all nodes in a network, nor
is it always feasible for nodes setting up paths to compute the
constraint paths themselves, a notable example is when a path
traverses network or area boundary.  These reasons motivate a
solution using distributed route exchangers, to collect constraint
information and exchange it with other route exchangers. Route
exchangers store traffic engineering link states and other types of
constraint information and compute the explicit routes required by
routers establishing paths.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-mpls-te-exchange-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lee-mpls-te-exchange-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lee-mpls-te-exchange-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.