Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lin-mpls-ipo-ason-uni-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:16:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements on the ASON UNI
	Author(s)	: Z. Lin et al.
	Filename	: draft-lin-mpls-ipo-ason-uni-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 17-Nov-00
	
Work already done on the automatic switched optical network (ASON) 
has identified several requirements and architectural features. In 
particular several interfaces have been identified, however there 
are no detailed requirements for these interfaces. This document 
presents our understanding of requirements from the point of view of 
what an ASON customer can be expected to do with ASON. These are 
mainly requirements at the Client Application Programming Interface 
(API). Note that the Client API is the logical interface between a 
network client (user domain) and the network server (service 
provider domain).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lin-mpls-ipo-ason-uni-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lin-mpls-ipo-ason-uni-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lin-mpls-ipo-ason-uni-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.