Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shim-mobileip-neighbor-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 05:58:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Handoff Using Neighbor Information
	Author(s)	: E. Shim, R. Gitlin
	Filename	: draft-shim-mobileip-neighbor-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 27-Nov-00
	
We propose a new fast handoff mechanism in wireless IP using 
neighboring Foreign Agent information. Our proposal is based on the 
policy of utilizing, or perhaps even wasting, wired bandwidth between 
Foreign Agents, while minimizing rf (radio frequency) bandwidth 
exchanges, in order that handoff latency is minimized. We minimize 
the handoff latency by initiating data forwarding to the possible new 
foreign agent candidates (i.e., the neighbor foreign agents) 
immediately when the mobile node is about to start the link layer 
handoff procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shim-mobileip-neighbor-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shim-mobileip-neighbor-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shim-mobileip-neighbor-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.