Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xie-rserpool-enrp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 06:44:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Enpoint Name Resolution Protocol (enrp)
	Author(s)	: Q. Xie, R. Stewart
	Filename	: draft-xie-rserpool-enrp-00.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 31-Oct-00
	
Endpoint Name Resolution Protocol (ENRP) is designed to work in
conjunction with Aggregate Server Access Protocol (ASAP) [ASAP]. ENRP when combined with ASAP provdes a fault tolerant data transfer mechanism
over IP networks. ASAP uses a name-based addressing model which
isolates a logical communication endpoint from its IP address(es),
thus effectively eliminating the binding between the communication
endpoint and its physical IP address(es) which normally constitutes a
single point of failure.

The fault tolerant server pooling is gained by combining the two parts,
namely ASAP and the Endpoint Name Resolution Part (ENRP).  ASAP
provides the user interface for name to address translation, load
sharing management, and fault management.  ENRP defines the fault
tolerant name translation service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xie-rserpool-enrp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-xie-rserpool-enrp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xie-rserpool-enrp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.