Subject: 49th IETF-Security Tutorial

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:45:48 -0500

There will be a Security Tutorital given at the 49th IETF
meeting, anyone registered for the IETF meeting is invited 
to attend.

==============================================================

                   The 1st IETF Security Tutorial:
                       How to Secure a Protocol

Date: Sunday, 10 December 2000
Time: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Location: Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, Grand Ballroom A

Internet users expect the net to be secure. However without 
secure protocols it is hard to develop secure systems. Yet what 
does it mean to produce "secure" protocols?

This session will discuss what the problem is, and the several
approaches that exist to deal with it. We will discuss existing 
secure protocols in the RFC suite (TLS, IPSec) with an eye 
toward the problems that they can solve. We will also discuss 
when they are not appropriate and what one can do in such a 
situation.

The emphasis will be on practical solutions that can be deployed 
in protocols today.