Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hellstrand-mpls-recovery-merge-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 05:52:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to CR-LDP and RSVP-TE for setup of 
                          pre-established recovery tunnels
	Author(s)	: F. Hellstrand, L. Andersson
	Filename	: draft-hellstrand-mpls-recovery-merge-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 29-Nov-00
	
To protect an Explicit Routed Label Switched Path (ER-LSP) an
explicitly routed LSP can be used as a recovery path. We consider a
repair scheme where a Recovery LSP (R-LSP) spans one or several hops.
After a switchover of traffic to the R-LSP we want to allow the
traffic to merge onto the original LSP at the merging node downstream
of the fault without causing any extra resource reservation. This
merge operation differs in a number of details from that employed for
a normal MP2P LSP.
Our objective is to define extensions to both CR-LDP and RSVP-TE that
address these differences. CR-LDP and RSVP-TE are defined in [CR-LDP]
and [RSVP-TE], respectively, for path setup within a MPLS domain. In
this draft we specify mechanisms required to support this merge.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrand-mpls-recovery-merge-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hellstrand-mpls-recovery-merge-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hellstrand-mpls-recovery-merge-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.