Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-smug-mcast-policy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 06:40:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Security Policy
	Author(s)	: P. McDaniel, H. Harney, P. Dinsmore, A. Prakash
	Filename	: draft-irtf-smug-mcast-policy-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 14-Nov-00
	
Security is increasingly becoming a concern in applications built on
multi-party communication.  Centrally, protection of the application
content from non-authorized or malicious parties is the fundamental
goal of any security policy specification.  This draft seeks to
illuminate the design space of secure multicast communication
policy.  The security requirements of existing application policies
are intended to be addressable by these policy dimensions.  It is
from an understanding of policy design space that the mechanisms for
policy specification and enforcement can be derived.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-smug-mcast-policy-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-smug-mcast-policy-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-smug-mcast-policy-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.