Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-green-cdnp-gen-arch-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:53:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CDN Peering Architectural Overview
	Author(s)	: M. Green, B. Cain, G. Tomlinson, S. Thomas
	Filename	: draft-green-cdnp-gen-arch-02.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
We present the general architecture and core building blocks used in
the peering of content distribution networks (CDNs).  The term
'peering' used within this memo is defined as externally interfacing
with a CDN.  CDN peering encompasses both coupling CDNs with content
providers as well as coupling multiple CDNs in order to build
inter-networks of CDNs.  The scope of this work is limited to
external interconnections with CDNs and does not address internal
mechanisms used within CDNs, which for the purpose of the document
are considered to be black boxes.  This work establishes an abstract
architectural framework to be used in the development of protocols,
interfaces, and system models for standardized CDN peering.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-green-cdnp-gen-arch-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-green-cdnp-gen-arch-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-green-cdnp-gen-arch-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.