Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schrijvp-mpls-ldp-end-to-end-auth-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 05:52:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: End to end authentication for LDP
	Author(s)	: J. De Clercq, O. Paridaens, Y. T'Joens,
                          P. De Schrijver
	Filename	: draft-schrijvp-mpls-ldp-end-to-end-auth-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 29-Nov-00
	
The Label Distribution Protocol (LDP), as currently defined, makes
use of the TCP MD5 Signature option to protect (authentication and
integrity) the LDP traffic between two adjacent LSR's. This document
specifies extensions to LDP to enable end-to-end authentication
between non-adjacent LSR's (ie not directly connected via a TCP
connection) that are setting up an LSP. This mechanism also provides
integrity protection of the information carried within LDP messages
and protects against the malicious replay of LDP messages. The
proposed mechanism requires ordered control LDP and can also be
applied to CR-LDP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schrijvp-mpls-ldp-end-to-end-auth-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-schrijvp-mpls-ldp-end-to-end-auth-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schrijvp-mpls-ldp-end-to-end-auth-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.