Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lcc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:28:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Reliable Multicast Transport Building Block: Layered 
                          Congestion Control
	Author(s)	: M. Luby et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lcc-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
This document describes LCC, a scalable layered congestion control
building block for multicast.  LCC is a combination of approaches that
allow multiple receivers to concurrently receive packets from a single
sender at varying rates depending on individual bandwidth connections
and network conditions.  Two basic goals of the approach are to allow
each receiver to obtain the full benefit of the available bandwidth to
the sender and to be fair to other flows in the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lcc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lcc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lcc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.