Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-policy-req-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:57:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Policy Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for a Policy Management System
	Author(s)	: H. Mahon, Y. Bernet, S. Herzog, J. Schnizlein
	Filename	: draft-ietf-policy-req-02.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
This  document describes why policy based management is interest-
ing to people managing IT environments and what is needed to make
policy  management  address  those  interests.   Work  to date is
described, as well as usage cases demonstrating how  policy-based
management would actually work.
The  goal  for  this document is to provide a set of requirements
for further development of standards for policy  management  sys-
tems.   There has already been work in the area of policy manage-
ment and the work to date is  described  as  well  as  additional
areas to be defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-req-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-policy-req-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-req-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.