Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tequila-sls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 06:44:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Service Level Specification Semantics and Parameters
	Author(s)	: D. Goderis et al.
	Filename	: draft-tequila-sls-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 31-Oct-00
	
This document  identifies the basic information to be included in
Service Level Specifications (SLS, [RFC 2475], [DS-TERMS]) when
considering the deployment of value-added IP service offerings over
the Internet. Such IP service offerings can be provided together with
a given quality of service (QoS), which is expected to be defined in
such SLS, from a technical perspective. Since these IP services are
likely to be provided over the whole Internet, their corresponding
QoS will be based upon a set of technical parameters that both
customers and services providers will have to agree upon. From this
perspective, this draft aims at listing (and promoting a standard
formalism for) a set of basic parameters which will actually compose
the elementary contents of an SLS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tequila-sls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tequila-sls-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tequila-sls-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.