Subject: RFC 3007 on Secure Dynamic Update

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:38:01 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3007

        Title:	    Secure Domain Name System (DNS) Dynamic Update
        Author(s):  B. Wellington
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       November 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18056
        Updates:    2137
        Obsoletes:  2535, 2136

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-simple-secure-update-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3007.txt

This document proposes a method for performing secure Domain Name
System (DNS) dynamic updates.  The method described here is intended
to be flexible and useful while requiring as few changes to the
protocol as possible.  The authentication of the dynamic update
message is separate from later DNSSEC validation of the data.  Secure
communication based on authenticated requests and transactions is
used to provide authorization.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the
IETF.  

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.