Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-oneill-li-hsr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 06:16:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Host Specific Routing
	Author(s)	: A. O'Neill, H. Li
	Filename	: draft-oneill-li-hsr-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
This memo overviews the need for intra-domain Host specific routing 
(HSR) in the Internet. Host Specific Routing provides a number of 
benefits if route entry and look-up scalability issues can be 
adequately addressed. These benefits are the enabling of flat 
routing domains that eliminate the need for hierarchy and associated 
configuration, and the potential to support rapid movement of IP 
addresses through the routing fabric. This draft describes some of 
the current work in this area, including TORA and Wireless Internet 
Protocol (WIP), and the as yet unresolved research issues associated 
with large-scale host routing. This draft requires and makes no 
topological assumptions for HSR. Specifically it does not require a 
strict tree, as implied by CIP and HAWAII. These micro-mobility 
protocols do however share many of the scalability and inter-
protocol issues associated with host specific routes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oneill-li-hsr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-oneill-li-hsr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-oneill-li-hsr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.