Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sarikaya-mobileip-hmipv6rp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 06:44:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 Regional Paging
	Author(s)	: B. Sarikaya, H. Haverinen, J. Malinen, V. Magret
	Filename	: draft-sarikaya-mobileip-hmipv6rp-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 31-Oct-00
	
This document specifies Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Regional Paging 
(HMIPv6RP), a small and link-layer independent extension to the 
Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 with regional registrations, to support 
power-constrained operation in the mobile nodes and to reduce routing 
state information in the visited domain.  The extension allows a 
mobile node to enter a power saving idle mode during which its 
location is known with the coarse accuracy defined by a paging area. 
In the visited domain only the paging mobility anchor point (PMAP) is 
responsible for keeping the binding cache entries for idle mobile 
nodes and, it re-establishes the downlink routes on demand by means 
of paging. This does not require snooping of data packets but is a 
natural extension to network-level routing. Optionally, the mobile 
node and the visited domain can agree on time slot based paging used 
for Paging Agent Advertisements to restrict link interface power-on 
time in the mobile node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-mobileip-hmipv6rp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sarikaya-mobileip-hmipv6rp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-mobileip-hmipv6rp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.