Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-otty-cops-pr-filter-pib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:53:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Filtering Policy Information Base (PIB) for Edge 
                          Router Filtering Services
                          and Provisioning via COPS-PR
	Author(s)	: J. Ottensmeyer, M. Bokaemper, K. Roeber
	Filename	: draft-otty-cops-pr-filter-pib-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
This document introduces a Filtering Policy Information Base, which
is necessary for a filtering service in routers.  The Filtering PIB
allows service providers or operators to control user access to
networks or services for both dial-in and always-on customers. The
provisioning of the Filtering PIB is done by COPS-PR; some
enhancements for COPS and COPS-PR are also described in this
document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otty-cops-pr-filter-pib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-otty-cops-pr-filter-pib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-otty-cops-pr-filter-pib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.