Subject: WG Review: LDAP (v3) Revision (ldapbis)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:46:52 -0500

A new IETF working group has been proposed in the Applications Area.
The IESG has not made any determination as yet. 

The following Description was submitted, and is provided for
informational purposes only:

LDAP (v3) Revision (ldapbis)
----------------------------
 
 Current Status: Proposed Working Group

 Mailing Lists: 
     General Discussion:[email-masked]
     To Subscribe:      [email-masked]
         In Body:       (un)subscribe
     Archive:           http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/
 
Description of Working Group:
 
The LDAPv3 "core" specification is RFC 2251-2256 and 2829-2831. The
purpose of this working group is to shepherd these RFCs through the
Internet Standard process.

The group will deliver revised LDAPv3 specifications suitable for
consideration as a Draft Standard.  This work will be based upon
RFC 2251-2256,2829-2831.

The group will deliver an applicability statement defining LDAPv3.
This work will be based upon draft-hodges-ldapv3-as-00.txt.

The following areas are out of scope:

- "LDAPv4"

- All LDAP Extensions (LDAPext) excepting StartTLS.

- LDAP Replication (LDUP)

- LDAP non-"core" Schema

- Connection-less LDAP (LDAPext)