Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-perkins-aaav6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 05:57:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: AAA for IPv6 Network Access
	Author(s)	: N. Asokan, P. Flykt, C. Perkins, T. Eklund
	Filename	: draft-perkins-aaav6-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 27-Nov-00
	
IPv6 nodes (clients) need a way to offer credentials to a local
AAA in order to be granted access to the local network.  For
IPv6, it will be more efficient and thus reasonable to expect such
access controls to be exerted by IPv6 routers, possibly as part of
performing their role as DHCPv6 relays.  DHCPv6 servers and routers
are expected to work in conjunction with AAA servers to determine
whether or not the client's credentials are valid.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-aaav6-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-perkins-aaav6-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-perkins-aaav6-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.