Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-nsmrg-sm-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 06:44:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Service Management Architectures Issues and Review
	Author(s)	: M. Eder, S. Nag
	Filename	: draft-irtf-nsmrg-sm-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 31-Oct-00
	
Many of the support functions necessary to exploit the mechanisms by 
which differing levels of service can be provided are limited in 
scope and a complete framework is non-existent.  Various efforts at 
such a framework have received a great deal of attention and 
represent a historical shift in scope for many of the organizations 
looking to address this problem. The purpose of this document is to 
explore the problems of defining a Service management framework and 
to examine some of the issues that still need to be resolved.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-nsmrg-sm-issues-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-nsmrg-sm-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-nsmrg-sm-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.