Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xu-mpls-ipo-gmpls-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:56:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generalized MPLS Control Plane Architecture for Automatic Switched Transport Network
	Author(s)	: Y. Xue
	Filename	: draft-xu-mpls-ipo-gmpls-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
Many solutions have been proposed to enable automatically switched 
transport networks (ASTN). This document describes a control plane 
architecture that can be applied to different packet and circuit 
switching technologies (including fiber, waveband, wavelength, PDH, and 
SONET/SDH). The control plane technology is based on IP/MPLS control 
plane protocols. As such, this document is based on the concepts 
introduced in [MPLambdas] and [GMPLS-SIG] from an architectural 
perspective. It also describes how this control plane architecture 
could facilitate control plane integration of networks across technical, 
administrative, and business domains. This memo includes generic 
procedures, key concepts, and technical considerations for the 
generalized MPLS control plane architecture.  It is intended to 
accentuate understanding of the application domains, create 
architectural alignment, and serve as guide for protocol engineering.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-mpls-ipo-gmpls-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-xu-mpls-ipo-gmpls-arch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xu-mpls-ipo-gmpls-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.