Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hinckley-ldapv3-attr-syntax-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 06:11:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LDAPv3 Attribute Syntax Definitions
	Author(s)	: M. Hinckley
	Filename	: draft-hinckley-ldapv3-attr-syntax-00.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 21-Nov-00
	
The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) [1] requires that the
contents of AttributeValue fields in protocol elements be octet
strings.  This document defines a set of syntaxes for LDAPv3, and the
rules by which attribute values of these syntaxes are represented as
octet strings for transmission in the LDAP protocol.  The syntaxes
defined in this document are referenced by this and other documents
that define attribute types.  This document also defines the set of
attribute types which LDAP servers should support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hinckley-ldapv3-attr-syntax-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hinckley-ldapv3-attr-syntax-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hinckley-ldapv3-attr-syntax-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.