Subject: RFC 2996 on Format of the RSVP DCLASS Object

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:45:26 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2996

        Title:	    Format of the RSVP DCLASS Object
        Author(s):  Y. Bernet
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       November 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18929
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-issll-dclass-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2996.txt

Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) signaling may be used to request
Quality of Service (QoS) services and enhance the manageability of
application traffic's QoS in a differentiated service (diff-serv or
DS) network.  When using RSVP with DS networks it is useful to be able
to carry carry Differentiated Services Code Points (DSCPs) in RSVP
message objects.  One example of this is the use of RSVP to arrange
for the marking of packets with a particular DSCP upstream from the DS
network's ingress point, at the sender or at a previous network's
egress router.
 
The DCLASS object is used to represent and carry DSCPs within RSVP
messages.  This document specifies the format of the DCLASS object and
briefly discusses its use.

This document is a product of the Integrated Services over Specific
Link Layers Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.