Subject: BCP 45, RFC 3005 on IETF Discussion List Charter

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:55:56 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 45
        RFC 3005

        Title:	    IETF Discussion List Charter
        Author(s):  S. Harris
        Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       November 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 5682
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-poisson-listaup-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3005.txt

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) discussion mailing list
furthers the development and specification of Internet technology
through discussion of technical issues, and hosts discussions of IETF
direction, policy, meetings, and procedures.  As this is the most
general IETF mailing list, considerable latitude is allowed.
Advertising, whether to solicit business or promote employment
opportunities, falls well outside the range of acceptable topics, as
do discussions of a personal nature.

This document is a product of the Process for Organization of Internet
Standards ONgoing Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.