Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:56:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Route Optimization in Mobile IP
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, D. Johnson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-10.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
Using the base Mobile IP protocol, all datagrams destined to a mobile
node are routed through that mobile node's home agent, which then
tunnels each datagram to the mobile node's current location.  This
document defines Route Optimization messages and extensions to the
base protocol to optimize datagram routing to a mobile node.  Using
these protocol extensions, correspondent nodes may cache the binding
of a mobile node, and then tunnel their datagrams for the mobile node
directly to the care-of address, bypassing the mobile node's home
agent.  Extensions are also provided to allow datagrams in flight
when a mobile node moves, and datagrams sent based on an out-of-date
cached binding, to be forwarded directly to the mobile node's new
binding.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-optim-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.