Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:56:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Storage Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for IP Based Storage
	Author(s)	: M. Carlson et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ips-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
This document serves as a framework for the creation of standards in 
the IP based storage working group of the IETF. The environment 
surrounding IP based storage is explained and an overview of the 
applicable standards and protocols is provided. References to 
current and expected IP based storage standards in this area are 
provided. This document provides a background for participants who 
are experienced in either the storage industry or the networking 
industry but needs to understand the applicable standards and 
conventions used in the other respective industry

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ips-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.