Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-decarolis-qoshandover-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:00:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: QoS-Aware Handover for Mobile IP: Secondary Home Agent
	Author(s)	: A. De Carolis
	Filename	: draft-decarolis-qoshandover-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
This document specifies an extension to the Mobile IPv6 [1]  Protocol
that enables a Mobile Node to  perform a particular kind of  Handover
called QoS-Aware Handover. The peculiarity  of this kind of  Handover
is that it  allows the  Mobile Node to  change the  current point  of
attachment to  the Internet  without loosing  the  QoS, even  if  the
Handover process  takes a  long time.  This extension  is part  of  a
larger effort toward the integration of Mobility and QoS over IP.
This document  contains also  a procedure  that COULD  be used  by  a
Mobile Node to support such a QoS-Aware Handover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-decarolis-qoshandover-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-decarolis-qoshandover-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-decarolis-qoshandover-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.