Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hayata-ipo-carrier-needs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:14:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Carrier Needs Regarding Survivability and Maintenance 
                          for Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)	: H. Ishimatsu et al.
	Filename	: draft-hayata-ipo-carrier-needs-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 17-Nov-00
	
As discussed in [1], the need for survivable optical networks is 
critical, and introducing capabilities that further enhance network 
survivability continues to be an essential objective.   This is 
particularly important for operators with stringent requirements for 
network resilience and service survivability.  However, disruption of 
service can result not only from faults, but also from scheduled 
maintenance procedures. This draft introduces some additional 
considerations and carrier needs related to failure recovery and 
scheduled maintenance work in switched optical networks. These are of 
critical importance for serving -business customers who require super 
high quality service assurance and pay correspondingly high tariffs in 
order to guarantee this level of QoS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayata-ipo-carrier-needs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hayata-ipo-carrier-needs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hayata-ipo-carrier-needs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.