Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-perkins-aodv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:53:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing for IP
                          version 6
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, E. Royer, S. Das
	Filename	: draft-perkins-aodv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
The Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) routing protocol has
been proposed for use with IPv4 as a network-layer protocol linking
together mobile nodes in an ad hoc network.  It offers quick
adaptation to dynamic link conditions, low processing and memory
overhead, low network utilization, and determines unicast routes
between sources and destinations.  It uses destination sequence
numbers to ensure loop freedom at all times.  In this specification,
we detail the necessary modifications to the messages given in the
IPv4 specification so that AODV will be able to work for nodes using
IPv6 addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-aodv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-perkins-aodv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-perkins-aodv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.