Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:53:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Multicast in Differentiated Services Networks
	Author(s)	: R. Bless, K. Wehrle
	Filename	: draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
Besides providing basic building blocks for enabling different 
quality of service levels for unicast applications, the 
Differentiated Services (DiffServ) approach will also bring benefits 
for multicast applications which need quality of service support. 
For instance, a highly reliable multicast service can be provided 
based on the EF PHB [8]. However, current efforts mainly concentrate 
on unicast services, whereas provision and deployment of multicast 
services using Differentiated Services needs some clarification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.