Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-technr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 06:01:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Technical 
                          Requirements for a non-Repudiation Service
	Author(s)	: T. Gindin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-technr-02.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 27-Nov-00
	
This document describes those features of a service which processes
signed documents which must be present in order for that service to
constitute a 'technical non-repudiation' service.  A technical
non-repudiation service must permit an independent verifier to
determine whether a given signature was applied to a given data
object by the private key associated with a given valid certificate,
at a time later than the signature.  The features of a technical non-
repudiation service are expected to be necessary for a full non-
repudiation service, although they may not be sufficient.
This document is intended to clarify the definition of the
'non-repudiation' service in RFC 2459.  It should thus serve as a
guide to when the nonRepudiation bit of the keyUsage extension should
be set and to when a Certificate Authority is required to archive
CRL's.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-technr-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-technr-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-technr-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.