Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-java-api-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 06:04:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP Extension Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Java LDAP Application Program Interface
	Author(s)	: R. Weltman, C. Tomlinson, M. Kekic,
                          S. Sonntag, J. Sermersheim, M. Smith,
                          T. Howes
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-java-api-12.txt
	Pages		: 126
	Date		: 06-Nov-00
	
This document defines a Java language application program interface
to the lightweight directory access protocol (LDAP), in the form of a
class library. It complements but does not replace RFC 1823 ([7]),
which describes a C language application program interface. It
updates the previous draft in correcting a few minor errors which are
listed in appendix B. It also includes the asynchronous layer of the
API which was previously defined in draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-java-api-
asynch [10].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-java-api-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-java-api-12.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-java-api-12.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.