Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-beck-opes-esfnep-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:49:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Example Services for Network Edge Proxies
	Author(s)	: A. Beck, M. Hofmann
	Filename	: draft-beck-opes-esfnep-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
The rapid growth of the Internet and the increasing number of 
Internet users have led to a wide deployment of network edge caching 
proxies. These systems have been very successful in accelerating Web 
content delivery and reducing the load on origin Web servers.  
However, the specific role of these network edge caching proxies as 
a gateway between Web users and content providers suggests utilizing 
them for intelligent services beyond simple caching.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-beck-opes-esfnep-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-beck-opes-esfnep-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-beck-opes-esfnep-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.