Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-spence-aaa-nas-data-model-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 06:10:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Data Model for Network Access
	Author(s)	: D. Spence et al.
	Filename	: draft-spence-aaa-nas-data-model-00.txt
	Pages		: 89
	Date		: 21-Nov-00
	
Recently, considerable attention has been given to the need to better
structure the information carried in protocols operating within the
network access environment.  The arguable benefits of structured
information is consistency in the definitions and reuse of individual
data elements and well defined means for extending existing
structures to support new or proprietary features and capabilities.
In an effort to demonstrate the benefits of organizing data elements
and provide a practical means for deploying such a model, this memo
takes the existing attributes currently used in RADIUS and maps them
into a data model.  To demonstrate the deployment of the data model
within the network access environment, the data model has been
represented as a PIB.  While the data model could be implemented to
run over protocols other than COPS, SPPI is currently the only
language available which expresses data modeling concepts with
sufficient detail to demonstrate the benefits in a practical manner.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-spence-aaa-nas-data-model-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-spence-aaa-nas-data-model-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-spence-aaa-nas-data-model-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.