Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-aaa-transport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:52:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication, Authorization and Accounting Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: AAA Transport Issues
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba
	Filename	: draft-ietf-aaa-transport-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
Protocols for Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) have
been designed to run over a variety of transports.  For example, RADIUS
runs over UDP, TACACS+ runs over TCP, and DIAMETER runs over SCTP.
However, while the pros and cons of various AAA transport layers has
been endlessly debated, AAA transport behavior has never been thoroughly
analyzed.

This document analyzes the behavior of AAA protocols running over UDP,
TCP and SCTP. Expected behavior of AAA protocols over these transports
is discussed, and current research proposals that may affect this
behavior are reviewed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-transport-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-aaa-transport-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-transport-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.