Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-to-in-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 06:41:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Accessing IN services from SIP networks
	Author(s)	: V. Gurbani
	Filename	: draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-to-in-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 10-Nov-00
	
In Internet telephony, the call control functions of a traditional
circuit switch are replaced by a IP-based call controller that must
provide features normally provided by the traditional switch,
including operating as a SSP for IN features.  A traditional switch
is armed with an IN call model that provides it a means to reach out
and make service decisions based on intelligence stored elsewhere.
Internet call controllers, by contrast, do not have an IN call model.
Furthermore, since there are many Internet call models with varying
number of states than the IN call model, there has to be a mapping
from the IN call model states to the equivalent states of the
Internet call model if existing services are to be accessed
transparently.  To leverage the existing IN services from the
Internet domain, this draft proposes a mapping from the states of the
IN call model to the states of SIP, an Internet call signaling
protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-to-in-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-to-in-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-to-in-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.