Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-in-imp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 06:41:11 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP enabled IN Services - an implementation report
	Author(s)	: V. Gurbani
	Filename	: draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-in-imp-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 10-Nov-00
	
SIP [1] is an excellent vehicle for the converged network services of
the future; of that there is no doubt.  However, even in the near
term, SIP is an equally powerful solution to bridge the PSTN and VoIP
networks by its application to the IN (Intelligent Network) services
domain.
This Internet Draft details our experiences of applying SIP to the
said domain.  We use a SIP call controller to execute IN services by
mapping IN call model states to those of the SIP protocol state
machine [2].  [2] uses the notion of call model integration [3], an
example of which is to use the IN call model as a canonical call
model to map the protocol states of IP (Internet Protocol) based call
controllers  (SIP, H.323,...) to those of the IN call model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-in-imp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-in-imp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-iptel-sip-in-imp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.