Subject: RFC 2990 on Next Steps for QoS Architecture

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:33:01 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2990

        Title:	    Next Steps for the IP QoS Architecture
        Author(s):  G. Huston
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       November 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 65450
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-qos-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2990.txt

While there has been significant progress in the definition of Quality
of Service (QoS) architectures for internet networks, there are a
number of aspects of QoS that appear to need further elaboration as
they relate to translating a set of tools into a coherent platform for
end-to-end service delivery.  This document highlights the outstanding
architectural issues relating to the deployment and use of QoS
mechanisms within internet networks, noting those areas where
further standards work may assist with the deployment of QoS
internets.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.