Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-policy-qos-info-model-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 05:57:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Policy Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Policy Framework QoS Information Model
	Author(s)	: Y. Snir, Y. Ramberg, J. Strassner, R. Cohen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-policy-qos-info-model-02.txt
	Pages		: 116
	Date		: 29-Nov-00
	
This document presents an object-oriented information model for
representing network QoS policies. This document refines the core 
policy information model presented in [PCIM]. Specifically, this draft 
refines the concept of generic policy rules, conditions and actions to 
cover extensions necessary for representing QoS policies. It also 
provides refinement of additional concepts that are important for 
building rule-specific as well as reusable QoS policy rules. This 
information model covers Differentiated Services QoS enforcement, and 
Integrated Service QoS enforcement via policy control on RSVP 
admission. It is important to note that this document defines an 
information model, which by definition is independent of any particular 
repository and access protocol. A companion document [QoSSCHEMA] 
defines the mapping of these classes to a directory that uses LDAPv3 as 
its access protocol. A second companion document [QOSDEV] supplies low-
level definitions of QoS mechanisms that are controlled by this 
document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-info-model-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-policy-qos-info-model-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-info-model-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.