Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-elmalki-handoffsv6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 06:39:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Handoffs in MIPv6
	Author(s)	: K. Malki, H. Soliman
	Filename	: draft-elmalki-handoffsv6-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 02-Nov-00
	
This draft describes a method to achieve Fast Handoffs in Mobile
IPv6. Fast Handoffs are required in Mobile IPv6 in order to limit
the period of service disruption experienced by a wireless Mobile
Node when moving between access routers. This requirement becomes
even more important when supporting real-time services. Fast
Handoffs involve anticipating the movement of MNs by sending
multiple copies of the traffic to potential Mobile Node movement
locations. Both flat and Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 models are
considered. The Hierarchical MIPv6 mobility Management model in [1]
already offers improvements to Mobile IP handoffs by providing a
local Mobility Anchor Point (MAP) functionality. Some additions
are made to the operation of this existing Hierarchical model to
achieve Fast Handoffs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-handoffsv6-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-elmalki-handoffsv6-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-handoffsv6-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.