Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ippm-npmps-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:56:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network performance measurement for periodic streams
	Author(s)	: V. Raisanen, G. Grotefeld
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ippm-npmps-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
This document describes a sample metric suitable for application-
level IP network transport measurement for periodic streams, such as
VoIP or streaming multimedia over IP. In this document,  the reader
is assumed to be familiar with the terminology of the  Framework for
IP Performance Metrics RFC 2330 [1]. This document is parallel to
A One-way Delay Metric for IPPM RFC 2679 [2]. Although this document
is based on the delay metrics, other characteristics can be measured
with this approach, too. For example, packet loss rate, reordering /
out-of sequence, and successive delay variation are all additional
metrics which can be built from this baseline set of measurements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-npmps-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ippm-npmps-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-npmps-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.