Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-many-carrier-framework-uni-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 06:10:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Carrier Optical Services Framework and Associated UNI 
                          Requirements
	Author(s)	: Y. Xue et al.
	Filename	: draft-many-carrier-framework-uni-00.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 21-Nov-00
	
This contribution describes a carriers optical services framework
and associated requirements for the User-Network Interface (UNI). It
is intended to provide carrier specific service requirements for the
automatic switched optical networks to guide the on-going efforts to
develop the standard UNI and other interfaces to the optical layer
(OL) control plane. Due to time constraints, no attempt has been
made to provide detailed comprehensive requirements; instead we
focused on topics of particular interest or concern to the carrier
community. This is a work-in-progress document and is expected to
evolve in near term as new requirements are identified and further
studied.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-many-carrier-framework-uni-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-many-carrier-framework-uni-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-many-carrier-framework-uni-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.