Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stdenis-ms-over-mpls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:55:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multi-service over MPLS
	Author(s)	: B. St-Denis, D. Fedyk et al.
	Filename	: draft-stdenis-ms-over-mpls-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
This document describes a generalized approach to carrying Multi-
service protocol data units (PDUs) over an MPLS Network. This
proposal defines standard MPLS encapsulations that support permanent
virtual circuit (PVC) and switch virtual circuit (SVC) networking.
The goal of this draft is to provide a framework that allows an MPLS
network to support a range of services from simple circuit emulation
services, to complete network inter-working. There are two distinct
aspects to these services: the data plane and the control plane. The
data plane must be defined to support nailed-up and switched
services. This architecture covers the data plane but not the
complete procedures for the control plane. The control plane is only
defined from a nailed up perspective. The control plane for dynamic
services maybe supported by other signaling protocols such as PNNI.
Non MPLS signaling is not covered by this draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stdenis-ms-over-mpls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stdenis-ms-over-mpls-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stdenis-ms-over-mpls-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.