Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hamer-sip-session-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 06:40:11 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Session setup with media authorization
	Author(s)	: L. Hamer, B. Gage
	Filename	: draft-hamer-sip-session-auth-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 10-Nov-00
	
Current proposals dealing with authorization of media streams for 
multimedia services like IP telephony and video assume a pre- 
established relationship between elements of the network (e.g. 
session managers, edge routers, policy servers and end hosts). In 
some environments, however, such pre-established relationships may 
not exist either due to the complexity of creating these 
associations a priori (e.g. in a network with many elements), or due 
to the different business entities involved (e.g. service provider 
and access provider), or due to the dynamic nature of these 
associations (e.g. in a mobile environment). 
In this document, we describe scenarios where there is no pre-
established relationship between entities and describe mechanisms 
for exchanging information between network elements in order to 
authorize the use of resources for a service and to co-ordinate 
actions between the session and bearer control planes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hamer-sip-session-auth-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hamer-sip-session-auth-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hamer-sip-session-auth-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.