Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yegin-mobileip-nrouting-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:54:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 Neighborhood Routing for Fast Handoff
	Author(s)	: A. Yegin, C. Williams, M. Parthasarathy
	Filename	: draft-yegin-mobileip-nrouting-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
The Mobile IP working group is currently examining proposals to
assist in minimizing the latency and packet loss due to handoffs
when a Mobile IPv6 node moves from one point of attachment to
another.  One of the desires to reduce this latency and packet loss
is a result of the strict requirements of real-time network
services.  This proposal specifies a solution whereby the mobile
node sends a binding update with multiple care-of-addresses which
match the current link and other links that the mobile node may
possibly visit next. After receiving such a binding update, the 
correspondent nodes and home agent use a new routing header 
extension to route the packet that will be received by the mobile 
node at one of the possible care-of-addresses. Thus, the 
correspondent nodes and home agent can still communicate with 
the mobile node despite not knowing its exact location while the
mobile node moves across links. The proposal presents no new 
networking entities and the resulting architecture describes a
natural extension to the Mobile IPv6 protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yegin-mobileip-nrouting-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yegin-mobileip-nrouting-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yegin-mobileip-nrouting-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.