Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chang-mpls-path-protection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 05:57:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Path Protection/Restoration Mechanism for MPLS 
                          Networks
	Author(s)	: K. Owens, S. Makam, V. Sharma,
                          B. Mack-Crane, C. Huang
	Filename	: draft-chang-mpls-path-protection-02.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 27-Nov-00
	
It is expected that MPLS-based recovery could become a viable option
for obtaining faster restoration than layer 3 rerouting. To deliver
reliable service, however, multi-protocol label switching (MPLS)[1],
[2] requires a set of procedures to provide protection of the
traffic carried on the label switched paths (LSPs). This imposes
certain requirements on the path recovery process [3], and requires
procedures for the configuration of working and protection paths,
for the communication of fault information to appropriate switching
elements, and for the activation of appropriate switchover actions.
This document specifies a mechanism for path protection switching
and restoration in MPLS networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chang-mpls-path-protection-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chang-mpls-path-protection-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chang-mpls-path-protection-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.