Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fredette-lmp-wdm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:54:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Link Management Protocol (LMP) for WDM Transmission 
                          Systems
	Author(s)	: A. Fredette
	Filename	: draft-fredette-lmp-wdm-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
A suite of protocols is being developed in the IETF to allow
networks consisting of photonic switches (PXCs), optical
crossconnects (OXCs), routers, switches, DWDM transmission systems,
and optical add-drop multiplexors (OADMs) to use an MPLS control
plane to dynamically provision resources and to provide network
survivability using protection and restoration techniques.  As part
of this suite, the Link Management Protocol (LMP) [LMD00] is defined
to 'maintain control channel connectivity, verify component link
connectivity, and isolate link, fiber, or channel failures within
the network.'  In it's present form, [LMD00] focuses on OXC-to-OXC
communications.  In this document we propose extensions to LMP for
use with DWDM transmission systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fredette-lmp-wdm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fredette-lmp-wdm-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fredette-lmp-wdm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.