Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kuthan-fcp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 05:52:49 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Firewall Control Protocol Framework and Requirements
	Author(s)	: J. Kuthan, J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-kuthan-fcp-02.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 29-Nov-00
	
The purpose of this document is to collect and put under discussion
requirements for a protocol allowing for decomposition of
application-awareness from packet processing in firewalls. The
protocol will be used by application-aware entities to control
packet flows of applications traversing firewalls dynamically. This
kind of control allows applications using session control protocols
to traverse firewalls while still retaining restrictive packet
filtering policy. Network management tools may also utilize the
protocol to manage packet-processing policies. We suggest an
extensible framework that may be used for management of arbitrary
per-flow control states in network nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuthan-fcp-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kuthan-fcp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kuthan-fcp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.