Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moore-snmpconf-tcs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 06:27:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Textual Conventions for SNMP Configuration
	Author(s)	: B. Moore, K. Chan
	Filename	: draft-moore-snmpconf-tcs-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 15-Nov-00
	
This document defines two textual conventions similar to the
RowPointer textual convention defined in RFC2579.  These two textual
conventions indicate how the conceptual row to which an object points
is to be handled when the object is cloned to create an instance-
specific configuration.  This cloning may involve the scripting-based
techniques defined under the SMNP Configuration umbrella, but it need
not: cloning can also be realized with ordinary SNMP Get and Set
operations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moore-snmpconf-tcs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-moore-snmpconf-tcs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moore-snmpconf-tcs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.