Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gross-cops-sip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:53:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: COPS Usage for SIP
	Author(s)	: G. Gross, D. Rawlins, H. Sinnreich, S. Thomas
	Filename	: draft-gross-cops-sip-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
The development of QoS enhanced IP communication requires an 
infrastructure that supports AAA services. General accounting and 
settlement on the intra-domain level and inter-domain level are 
necessary. As part of the solution to these requirements, this 
document describes a new COPS outsourcing extension for SIP . A 
description of COPS objects that have special meaning in the SIP 
environment is provided. The usage of the COPS extension for SIP is 
given for clients and servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gross-cops-sip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gross-cops-sip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gross-cops-sip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.