Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-haverinen-mobileip-gsmsim-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 05:52:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GSM SIM Authentication and Key Generation for Mobile 
                          IP
	Author(s)	: H. Haverinen
	Filename	: draft-haverinen-mobileip-gsmsim-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 29-Nov-00
	
This document specifies a mechanism for Mobile IP network access
authentication and key distribution using the GSM Subscriber
Identity Module (SIM). The mechanism uses new subtypes of the
generalized key distribution extensions [1] for Mobile IP
Registration Request and Registration Reply. After the registration
keys have been generated, the default Mobile IP authentication with
these keys can be used (MD5 in prefix + suffix mode). The keys can
be used for several subsequent registrations. However, there are
lifetimes for the keys and before the lifetimes expire, new keys can
be generated with the same procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haverinen-mobileip-gsmsim-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-haverinen-mobileip-gsmsim-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-haverinen-mobileip-gsmsim-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.