Subject: Protocol Action: XML-Signature Syntax and Processing to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:20:17 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'XML-Signature Syntax and
Processing' <draft-ietf-xmldsig-core-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
This document is the product of the XML Digital Signatures Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Jeffrey Schiller and Marcus
Leech.

Technical Summary
 
  This document provides for a mechanism for digitally signing all or
  portions of an XML structured document. It can also provide a
  mechanism for an XML document to provide a digital signature for
  information which is not directly contained within the XML document
  itself.

Working Group Summary

  The working group came to consensus on this document. Note: the XML
  Digital Signatures Working Group is a joint working group of the
  IETF and the W3C. The processes of both organizations were followed
  in the production of this standard.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Jeffrey I. Schiller for the IESG.