Subject: Protocol Action: Policy Core Information Model - Version 1 Specification to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:11:05 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Policy  Core Information
Model - Version 1 Specification'
<draft-ietf-policy-core-info-model-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
This document is the product of the Policy Framework Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
   This document presents the object-oriented information model for
   representing policy information developed jointly in the IETF Policy
   Framework WG and as extensions to the Common Information Model (CIM)
   activity in the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF).  This model
   defines two hierarchies of object classes:  structural classes
   representing policy information and control of policies, and association
   classes that indicate how instances of the structural classes are related
   to each other. Subsequent documents will define mappings of this
   information model to various concrete implementations, for example, to a
   directory that uses LDAPv3 as its access protocol.  The components of the
   CIM schema are available via the following URL:
   http://www.dmtf.org/spec/cims.html [1].

Working Group Summary

   This document took quite some time and quite some discussion in the
   Policy Framework WG. However, at the end, rough consensus was reached
   on this specification. The security section got composed with the help of
   security advisors from the Securty Area.

Protocol Quality

   This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Harald Alvestrand and
   Bert Wijnen.