Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-call-flows-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:31:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SIP Telephony Call Flow Examples
	Author(s)	: A. Johnston, S. Donovan, R. Sparks, 
                          C. Cunningham, D. Willis, J. Rosenberg,
                          K. Summers, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-call-flows-02.txt
	Pages		: 202
	Date		: 28-Nov-00
	
This document gives examples of SIP (Session Initiation Protocol)
call flows for IP telephony.  Elements in these
call flows include SIP User Agents and Clients, SIP Proxy and
Redirect Servers, and Gateways to the PSTN (Public Switch Telephone
Network).  IP telephony scenarios include SIP Registration, SIP to
SIP calling, SIP to Gateway, Gateway to SIP, and Gateway to Gateway
via SIP.  Call flow diagrams and message details are shown.  PSTN
telephony protocols are illustrated using ISDN (Integrated Services
Digital Network), ANSI ISUP (ISDN User Part), and FGB (Feature Group
B) circuit associated signaling.  PSTN calls are illustrated using
global telephone numbers from the PSTN and private extensions served
on by a PBX (Private Branch Exchange).  Example SIP messages used for
testing during SIP 'bakeoff' events include SIP 'torture test'
messages, and messages with invalid parameters, methods, and tags.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-call-flows-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-call-flows-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-call-flows-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.