Subject: RFC 2998 on Integrated Services Over Diffserv Networks

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:53:22 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2998

        Title:	    A Framework for Integrated Services Operation over
                    Diffserv Networks
        Author(s):  Y. Bernet, P. Ford, R. Yavatkar, F. Baker,
                    L. Zhang, M. Speer, R. Braden, B. Davie,
                    J. Wroclawski, E. Felstaine 
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       November 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked] 
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 76378
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-issll-diffserv-rsvp-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2998.txt

The Integrated Services (Intserv) architecture provides a means for
the delivery of end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) to applications
over heterogeneous networks.  To support this end-to-end model, the
Intserv architecture must be supported over a wide variety of
different types of network elements.  In this context, a network that
supports Differentiated Services (Diffserv) may be viewed as a network
element in the total end-to-end path.  This document describes a
framework by which Integrated Services may be supported over Diffserv
networks.

This document is a product of the Integrated Services over Specific
Link Layers Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.