Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tsirtsis-6to4-and-dstm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 06:38:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Dual Stack deployment using DSTM and 6to4
	Author(s)	: G. Tsirtsis
	Filename	: draft-tsirtsis-6to4-and-dstm-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 16-Nov-00
	
It is desirable that most of IPv6 deployment is based on Dual Stack
IPv4 and IPv6 nodes so that interoperability with the current IPv4
based Internet be seamless. The 6to4 transition mechanism offers a
automated mechanisms for addressing an IPv6 site as well as
interconnectivity with other IPv6 sites when no native IPv6
connectivity is available. DSTM provides a mechanism for dynamic
IPv4 address allocation to Dual Stack nodes and a mechanism to send
packets over a network that only supports IPv6 routing. By combining
the two mechanisms we show how Dual Stack Intranets may be deployed
with minimum need for IPv4 address space and no native IPv6
connectivity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsirtsis-6to4-and-dstm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tsirtsis-6to4-and-dstm-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tsirtsis-6to4-and-dstm-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.