Subject: RFC 2992 on Analysis of ECMP Algorithm

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:03:01 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2992

        Title:	    Analysis of an Equal-Cost Multi-Path Algorithm 
        Author(s):  C. Hopps
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       November 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17524
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hopps-ecmp-algo-analysis-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2992.txt

Equal-cost multi-path (ECMP) is a routing technique for routing
packets along multiple paths of equal cost.  The forwarding engine
identifies paths by next-hop.  When forwarding a packet the router
must decide which next-hop (path) to use.  This document gives an
analysis of one method for making that decision.  The analysis
includes the performance of the algorithm and the disruption caused
by changes to the set of next-hops.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.