Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-corson-fastrestore-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:54:52 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Fast Restoration
	Author(s)	: S. Corson, A. O'Neill, G. Tsirtsis
	Filename	: draft-corson-fastrestore-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
This memo describes a generalized approach for achieving IP fast
restoration in response to link and router failures by using IP
routing to support high network availability.  The approach relies
on the utilization of flat, yet highly-localized routing technology
to reduce far-reaching control message propagation, thereby limiting
the effects of a failure and enabling sub-second restoration.  It
then outlines how the Temporally-Ordered Routing Algorithm (TORA) (a
Mobile Ad hoc Network (MANET) routing protocol), when suitably
modified for use in fixed networks, can be used within this
framework. The general approach to routing topology management
within the fast restoration framework is immediate reaction on link
failure (to preserve existing flows) and gradually integration of
new network elements on activation into the domain (to further
assure stability).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-corson-fastrestore-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-corson-fastrestore-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-corson-fastrestore-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.