Subject: Protocol Action: TN3270E Service Location and Session Balancing to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:52:54 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'TN3270E Service Location and
Session Balancing' <draft-ietf-tn3270e-service-loc-05.txt> as a
Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the Telnet TN3270
Enhancements Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Keith Moore
and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
This document describes the use of the Service Location Protocol
 for the purpose of discovering and locating an enhanced telnet 3270
 service, and for selection of the least lightly loaded of several
 locations providing access to the same service.

Working Group Summary

 The document had consensus of the working group.

Protocol Quality

 Keith Moore reviewed the spec for IESG.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please replace the last sentence in Section 5.2 (DA Discovery time-out):

From:
	 Time-out intervals should be handled like described in RFC 2165 [1].

To:
	Time-out intervals and default values should be handled as described
	in RFC 2165 [1].

Also, please replace the last sentence in Section 5.3 (SA Multicast
time-out):

From:
	Time-out intervals should be handled like described in RFC 2165 [1].

To:
	Time-out intervals and default values should be handled as described
	in RFC 2165 [1].