Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shayman-mpls-ecn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:56:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using ECN to Signal Congestion Within an MPLS Domain
	Author(s)	: M. Shayman, R. Jaeger
	Filename	: draft-shayman-mpls-ecn-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
We propose the addition of Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) 
together with congestion signaling back to the ingress in order to 
provide notification to the ingress label switching router (LSR) if 
congestion is experienced along a label switched path (LSP). This 
information could be used by the ingress LSR to mitigate congestion 
by employing dynamic traffic engineering techniques such as shifting 
flows to alternate paths.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shayman-mpls-ecn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shayman-mpls-ecn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shayman-mpls-ecn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.