Subject: Protocol Action: RTP Payload Format for ITU-T Recommendation G.722.1 to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:10:03 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'RTP Payload Format for ITU-T
Recommendation G.722.1' <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-g7221-01.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Scott
Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
   ITU-T Recommendation G.722.1 is a wide-band audio codec, which
   operates at one of two selectable bit rates, 24kbit/s or 32kbit/s.
   G.722.1 is a low complexity coder, it compresses 50Hz - 7kHz audio
   signals into one of two bit rates, 24 kbit/s or 32 kbit/s.
   The coder may be used for speech, music and other types of audio.

   This document describes the payload format for including G.722.1
   generated bit streams within an RTP packet.  Also included in the
   document are the necessary details for the expression of
   G.722.1 payloads with MIME and SDP.

Working Group Summary

   The working group supported the advancement of this document.

Protocol Quality

   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin.

Note to the RFC-Editor:

   In Section 5, the MIME registration, please substitute for:

-   Security considerations: none

+   Security considerations:
+        See Section 7 of RFCXXXX (the RFC number that will be
+        assigned to this specification).