Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-beck-opes-psrl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:00:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PSRL: A Rule Specification Language for Proxy Services
	Author(s)	: A. Beck, M. Hofmann
	Filename	: draft-beck-opes-psrl-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
Proxy services are a new class of applications running on caching 
proxies or dedicated application servers, preferably at the network 
edge. They are described in [2] and [3]. Execution of proxy services 
is triggered by certain conditions. These conditions are service 
specific and have to be provided by the party on behalf of which the 
affected service modules are executed. 
The Proxy Service Rule Specification Language (PSRL) is an XML-based 
language that can be used to describe service specific execution 
rules. It allows a service provider to tell a proxy caching provider 
when and how the services should be executed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-beck-opes-psrl-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-beck-opes-psrl-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-beck-opes-psrl-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.