Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:56:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A One-way Delay Measurement Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Shalunov, B. Teitelbaum, M. Zekauskas
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 22-Nov-00
	
The IETF IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) working group has proposed
draft standard metrics for one-way packet delay [RFC2679] and loss
[RFC 2680] across Internet paths.  Although there are now several
measurement platforms that implement collection of these metrics
[SURVEYOR], [RIPE], there is to date no standard that would permit
initiation of test streams or exchange of packets to collect
singleton metrics in an interoperable manner.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.