Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-paridaens-xcast-sec-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 05:54:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Security Framework for Explicit Multicast
	Author(s)	: O. Paridaens, D. Ooms, B. Sales
	Filename	: draft-paridaens-xcast-sec-framework-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 29-Nov-00
	
This document describes the general issues related to securing
explicit multicast traffic.  Explicit multicast is a mechanism aiming
at providing multicast services for small groups of users.  The
distinctive characteristics of explicit multicast is that the sender
specifies the list of receivers.  This document reviews and discusses
security issues related to the explicit IP multicast model, hence
providing a general framework for securing explicit multicast IP
traffic once the exact mechanism for achieving explicit IP multicast
is specified.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-paridaens-xcast-sec-framework-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-paridaens-xcast-sec-framework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-paridaens-xcast-sec-framework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.