Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-ulp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 06:28:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An RTP Payload Format for Generic FEC with Uneven 
                          Level Protection
	Author(s)	: A. Li et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-ulp-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 15-Nov-00
	
This document specifies a payload format for generic forward error 
correction to achieve uneven level protection (ULP) of media 
encapsulated in RTP. It is an extension to the forward error correction 
scheme specified in RFC 2733 [1], and it is also based on the 
exclusive-or (parity) operation. The payload format allows end systems 
to transmit using arbitrary protection length and levels, in additional 
to using arbitrary block lengths. It also allows for the both complete 
recovery of the critical payload and RTP header fields, and partial 
recovery when complete recovery is not possible due to the packet lost 
situation. This scheme is backward compatible with non-FEC capable 
hosts, and hosts that are only capable of FEC schemes specified in 
RFC2733 [1], so that receivers which do not wish to implement ULP 
forward error correction can just ignore the extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-ulp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-ulp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-ulp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.