Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gearhart-sip-deaf-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 06:42:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Proposed Set of Requirements for SIP Support for 
                          Deaf or Speech Impaired Customers
	Author(s)	: C. Gearhart, A. Van Wijk, H. Sinnreich
	Filename	: draft-gearhart-sip-deaf-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 14-Nov-00
	
SIP is attracting more and more attention as a valuable tool to
enable and support voice and multimedia communications over the
Internet.  However, a significant number of potential customers
for SIP-based services are for various reasons unable to, or
choose not to, use voice communication technologies. This document
offers a proposed set of requirements and identifies some of the
key issues that need resolution to allow full accessibility for
this group to SIP-based Internet communications. This document is
intended to continue the discussion begun in a previous draft (see
Acknowledgements) and to lay a foundation for design and
implementation discussions in future drafts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gearhart-sip-deaf-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gearhart-sip-deaf-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gearhart-sip-deaf-req-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.