Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-service-examples-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:17:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SIP Telephony Service Examples
	Author(s)	: A. Johnston, R. Sparks, C. Cunningham, 
                          S. Donovan, K. Summers
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-service-examples-00.txt
	Pages		: 90
	Date		: 17-Nov-00
	
This document gives examples of SIP (Session Initiation Protocol)
telephony services.  This covers most features offered in so-called
Centrex offerings from local exchange carriers and PBX (Private
Branch Exchange) features.  Most of the services shown in this
document are implemented in the SIP User Agents, although some
require the assistance of a SIP Proxy.  Some require some extensions
to SIP including third party call control (3pcc) extensions such as
the REFER method. These features are not intented to be an exhaustive
set, but rather show implementations of common features likely to be
implemented on SIP IP Telephones in a business environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-service-examples-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-service-examples-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-service-examples-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.