Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-esformats-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 05:57:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Electronic Signature Formats for long term electronic 
                          signature
	Author(s)	: D. Pinkas, J. Ross, N. Pope
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-esformats-02.txt
	Pages		: 75
	Date		: 29-Nov-00
	
The informational RFC defines the format of an electronic signature 
that can remain valid over long periods. This includes evidence as to 
its validity even if the signer or verifying party later attempts to 
deny (i.e. repudiates, see [ISONR]) the validity of the signature.
The format can be considered as an extension to RFC 2630 [CMS] and RFC 
2634 [ESS], where, when appropriate additional signed and unsigned 
attributes have been defined.
The contents of this Informational RFC is technically equivalent to 
ETSI ES 201 733 V.1.1.3 Copyright (C). Individual copies of this 
ETSI deliverable can be downloaded from http://www.etsi.org

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-esformats-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-smime-esformats-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-esformats-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.