Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-iptel-trip-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:27:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Telephony Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Salama, M. Squire
	Filename	: draft-ietf-iptel-trip-04.txt
	Pages		: 80
	Date		: 28-Nov-00
	
This document presents the Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP). TRIP is
a policy driven inter-administrative domain protocol for advertising
the reachability of telephony destinations between location servers,
and for advertising attributes of the routes to those destinations.
TRIPÆs operation is independent of any signaling protocol, hence
TRIP can serve as the telephony routing protocol for any signaling
protocol.
The Border Gateway Protocol (BGP-4) is used to distribute routing
information between administrative domains. TRIP is used to
distribute telephony routing information between telephony
administrative domains. The similarity between the two protocols is
obvious, and hence TRIP is modeled after BGP-4.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-trip-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-iptel-trip-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-trip-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.