Subject: Protocol Action: Management Information Base for the PINT Services Architecture to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 17:28:33 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Management Information Base
for the PINT Services Architecture' <draft-ietf-pint-mib-05.txt> as a
Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the PSTN and
Internet Internetworking Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are
Allison Mankin and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
 PINT services are an emerging set of new Internet based applications
 where voice (and fax) requests to the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone
 Network) are carried over the Internet. The PINT services are defined
 in RFC 2848.

 This document defines a MIB which contains the elements for
 monitoring the performance of a PINT based service. The MIB consists
 of details of the four basic PINT services and their performance
 statistics measured under various criteria.

Working Group Summary

 The proposed MIB was supported by the working group and no issues
 came up during IETF last-call.

Protocol Quality

 This document was reviewed by Scott Bradner for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please merge the REVISION clauses on page 5/6 into one revision code as follows:

OLD:
        DESCRIPTION
            "Revised version - editorial and MIB corrections
             following Area Director Review"
        REVISION "200009061900Z"
        DESCRIPTION
            "Revised version - editorial and MIB corrections"
        REVISION "200009061900Z"
        DESCRIPTION
            "This MIB defines the objects necessary to monitor

        Krishnaswamy, Romascanu						[Page 6]

        Internet Draft                  PINT MIB                 November   2000

            PINT Services"
        REVISION "200007241525Z"
        DESCRIPTION
            "Initial version, published as RFC xxxx."
        ::= { mib-2 xxxx }  -- To be assigned by IANA

NEW:
        DESCRIPTION
            "This MIB defines the objects necessary to monitor
             PINT Services"

        -- Revision history

        REVISION "200xmmdd0000Z"   -- Same date as LAST-UPDATED
                                                   -- i.e. date that RFC gets published
        DESCRIPTION
            "Initial version, published as RFC xxxx."

        Krishnaswamy, Romascanu						[Page 6]

        Internet Draft                  PINT MIB                   November 2000

        ::= { mib-2 xxxx }  -- To be assigned by IANA