Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hain-6to4-scaling-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 06:29:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: 6to4-relay discovery and scaling
	Author(s)	: T. Hain
	Filename	: draft-hain-6to4-scaling-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 30-Nov-00
	
The transition mechanism described in the 6to4 draft [2] [6to4] 
raises scaling concerns when the matrix of IPv4 connected 6to4-
router systems, communicating across to the native IPv6 only 
connected systems, are on the order of tens to hundreds of millions. 
This document will address those concerns, offer additional 
mechanisms for resolving them, and identify use for the scenario of 
link-local addressing postulated in section 3.1.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hain-6to4-scaling-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hain-6to4-scaling-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hain-6to4-scaling-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.