Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-barber-uucp-project-conclusion-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 07:16:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Conclusion of the UUCP Mapping Project
	Author(s)	: S. Barber
	Filename	: draft-barber-uucp-project-conclusion-05.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 19-Dec-00
	
The UUCP Mapping Project started in the early 1980s as a means to
facilitate the exchange of electronic mail among sites using the UUCP
store-and-forward transport mechanism. This UUCP software, originally
part of the UNIX operating system became available on a variety of
operating systems and platforms, from large mainframe to small home
PC's. This was done by creating a single database of systems
connected to each other via UUCP and then using path building
software (such as pathalias) to determine the optimal path from one
system to another. Email addresses using this system incorporated the
use of the path as part of the address.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barber-uucp-project-conclusion-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-barber-uucp-project-conclusion-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-barber-uucp-project-conclusion-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.