Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-teraoka-mobility-lin6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 07:16:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LIN6: Mobility Support in IPv6 based on End-to-End 
                          Communication Model
	Author(s)	: F. Teraoka et al.
	Filename	: draft-teraoka-mobility-lin6-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 19-Dec-00
	
This document describes the protocol specification of LIN6.  LIN6
supports both macro and micro mobility in IPv6[RFC2460].  LIN6 has
several advantages in comparison with Mobile IPv6[MIPv6] as follows:
o  LIN6 has no header overhead because it does not use any extension
headers of IPv6 while Mobile IPv6 uses the Destination Options
Header for the Home Address Option and the Routing Header.
o  LIN6 is more fault tolerant than Mobile IPv6.  In Mobile IPv6, the  Home Agent cannot be replicated to the subnet other than the home
link of the mobile node.  LIN6 introduces the Mapping Agent which
can be replicated anywhere in the Internet.
o  LIN6 keeps end-to-end communication model, that is, LIN6 does not
use any packet intercepter/forwarder such as the Home Agent of
Mobile IPv6.  There is no tunneling in LIN6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-teraoka-mobility-lin6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-teraoka-mobility-lin6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-teraoka-mobility-lin6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.