Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-calvert-concast-svc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 06:30:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Concast Service
	Author(s)	: K. Calvert, J. Griffioen
	Filename	: draft-calvert-concast-svc-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 30-Nov-00
	
Concast is a many-to-one best-effort network service that allows a
receiver to treat a group of senders as a single entity, in much the
same way that IP multicast allows a sender to treat a group of
receivers as one.  Each concast datagram delivered to a receiver is
derived from (possibly many) datagrams sent by different members of
the concast group to that receiver, according to a 'merge
specification'.  Concast allows the semantics of this merging
operation to vary to suit the needs of different applications.  This
document describes the concast service and presents a framework for
defining merge semantics.  It also describes the processing of
concast datagrams by concast-capable routers and hosts.  The concast
signaling protocol (CSP), an integral part of the concast service, is
specified in a separate document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-calvert-concast-svc-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-calvert-concast-svc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-calvert-concast-svc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.