Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chang-mpls-rsvpte-path-protection-ext-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 06:29:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to RSVP-TE for MPLS Path Protection
	Author(s)	: B. Akyol et al.
	Filename	: draft-chang-mpls-rsvpte-path-protection-ext-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 30-Nov-00
	
To deliver reliable service, multi-protocol label switching (MPLS)
requires a set of procedures to enable protection of the traffic
carried on label switched paths (LSPs). Thus existing signaling
mechanisms must be extended appropriately to support such
functionality.  Recently, RSVP-TE [1] has introduced extensions to
RSVP to support the establishment of LSP tunnels. This draft extends
RSVP-TE to support path protection [2] in MPLS. Specifically, we
provide signaling support for establishing working and protection
LSPs and for propagating fault notification upon LSP failure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chang-mpls-rsvpte-path-protection-ext-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chang-mpls-rsvpte-path-protection-ext-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chang-mpls-rsvpte-path-protection-ext-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.