Subject: RFC 3017 on Roaming Access Phone Book XML DTD

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:30:55 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3017

        Title:	    XML DTD for Roaming Access Phone Book
        Author(s):  M. Riegel, G. Zorn
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       December 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked] 
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 59762 
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roamops-phonebook-xml-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3017.txt

This document defines the syntax as well as the semantics of the
information to be included in the phone book for roaming
applications.  It comprises the information necessary to select the
most appropriate ISP and to configure the host to get access to the
network of the provider. The specification consists of a small set of
required information elements and a variety of possible extensions.
All data is specified in XML [5] (Extensible Markup Language) syntax
leading to a concise XML DTD (Document Type Declaration) for the
phone book.

This document is a product of the Roaming Operations Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.