Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-floodgates-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 06:46:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF Floodgates
	Author(s)	: P. Murphy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-floodgates-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 20-Dec-00
	
This memo describes an option to the OSPF Version 2 specification
which allows the partial suppression of flooding between neighboring
routers. This suppression acts much like a floodgate, opening and
closing automatically when triggered by the proper conditions. Two
types of flooding suppression are described, 1-Way and 2-Way. The
option applies to standard areas, stub areas, and NSSAs. It works
over any OSPF interface. Routers with this option configured are
backward compatible with routers running an OSPFv2 compliant
implementation as defined in RFC 2328, and can be restricted to a
subset of the OSPF routing domain. This option is applied only
between neighboring OSPF routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-floodgates-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-floodgates-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-floodgates-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.