Subject: BCP 46, RFC 3013 on Recommended ISP Security

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 17:17:10 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 46
        RFC 3013

        Title:	    Recommended Internet Service Provider Security
                    Services and Procedures 
        Author(s):  T. Killalea
        Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       November 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 27905
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grip-isp-expectations-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3013.txt

The purpose of this document is to express what the engineering
community as represented by the IETF expects of Internet Service
Providers (ISPs) with respect to security.
 
It is not the intent of this document to define a set of requirements
that would be appropriate for all ISPs, but rather to raise awareness
among ISPs of the community's expectations, and to provide the
community with a framework for discussion of security expectations
with current and prospective service providers.

This document is a product of the Guidelines and Recommendations for
Security Incident Processing Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.