Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ernst-mobileip-v6-network-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 06:30:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile Networks Support in Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: T. Ernst, L. Bellier, C. Castelluccia, H. Lach
	Filename	: draft-ernst-mobileip-v6-network-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 30-Nov-00
	
This draft addresses the problems of routing datagrams to nodes
located in an IPv6 mobile network. A mobile network is an entire
network that is changing its point of attachment dynamically such as
a network deployed in an aircraft, a boat, or a car. Mobile IPv6 [4]
has been developed to support mobile nodes and is unable to support
mobile networks efficiently.  This draft discusses the Mobile IPv6
ability to support mobile networks and proposes to extend Mobile IPv6
with prefix scope Binding Updates to support mobile networks in the
Internet.  All datagrams bearing a destination address which prefix
matches the mobile network prefix recorded in the binding cache are
routed to the corresponding care-of address.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ernst-mobileip-v6-network-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ernst-mobileip-v6-network-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ernst-mobileip-v6-network-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.