Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gallant-enum-ifax-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 06:29:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ENUM, E.164, and Internet Fax
	Author(s)	: A. Gallant
	Filename	: draft-gallant-enum-ifax-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 30-Nov-00
	
E.164 numbers are often used for fax addresses. Internet fax 
provides store-and-forward (T.37) and real-time (T.38) modes. 
Subscribers could use ENUM to store Internet fax preferences in DNS 
under their fax numbers. Network devices could then query DNS to 
retrieve that information. An example is subscriber preferences for 
receiving faxes via Internet mail or SIP delivery. Further work on 
ENUM for Internet Fax is indicated, one example being H.323 
delivery. Policy aspects are out of scope of this draft. This 
document is not associated with any working group. Comments may be 
sent to the author.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gallant-enum-ifax-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gallant-enum-ifax-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gallant-enum-ifax-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.