Subject: RFC 3016 on RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 11:46:15 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3016

        Title:	    RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual Streams
        Author(s):  Y. Kikuchi, T. Nomura, S. Fukunaga, Y. Matsui,
                    H. Kimata 
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       November 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 47070
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mpeg4-es-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3016.txt

This document describes Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
formats for carrying each of MPEG-4 Audio and MPEG-4 Visual bitstreams
without using MPEG-4 Systems.  For the purpose of directly mapping
MPEG-4 Audio/Visual bitstreams onto RTP packets, it provides
specifications for the use of RTP header fields and also specifies
fragmentation rules.  It also provides specifications for Multipurpose
Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) type registrations and the use of
Session Description Protocol (SDP).

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.