Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bragg-ipv6-multihoming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 06:43:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Routing support for IPv6 Multi-homing
	Author(s)	: N. Bragg
	Filename	: draft-bragg-ipv6-multihoming-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 01-Dec-00
	
The IPv6 Addressing scheme mandates provider addressing to achieve
aggregation.  Multi-homing is a fact of life.  Current proposals to
reconcile these requirements involve mitigation, by constraining
deployment topologies to avoid loss of aggregation in the backbone
only.  This draft views the combined requirement as equivalent to
the use of loose source routing by hosts, and makes some outline
proposals as to how this can be achieved.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bragg-ipv6-multihoming-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bragg-ipv6-multihoming-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bragg-ipv6-multihoming-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.