Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shaw-host-ip-routing-v1-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 07:28:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Host Ip Routing, Version 1
	Author(s)	: T. Shaw, M. Lloyd
	Filename	: draft-shaw-host-ip-routing-v1-00.txt
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 05-Jan-01
	
This document specifies an additional ip routing technique.

A host will use a route table to determine how to best transmit a
network datagram packet to the destination host.  The destination
address is compared to a locally maintained routing table to determine
the specific gateway.  The best route and/or lowest metric is used to
determine the gateway to use to reach the destination host.  A default
gateway is used if no matches are found in the routing table.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shaw-host-ip-routing-v1-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shaw-host-ip-routing-v1-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shaw-host-ip-routing-v1-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.