Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rap-sppi-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 07:20:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Structure of Policy Provisioning Information (SPPI)
	Author(s)	: K. McCloghrie, M. Fine, J. Seligson,
                          K. Chan, S. Hahn, R. Sahita,
                          A. Smith, F. Reichmeyer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rap-sppi-04.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 23-Jan-01
	
RFC 2748 [COPS] defines the COPS protocol, and RFC 2749 [COPS-RSVP]
describes how the COPS protocol is used to provide for the outsourcing
of policy decisions for RSVP.  Another usage of the COPS protocol, for
the provisioning of policy, is introduced in [COPS-PR].  In this
provisioning model, the policy information is viewed as a collection of
Provisioning Classes (PRCs) and Provisioning Instances (PRIs) residing
in a virtual information store, termed the Policy Information Base
(PIB).  Collections of related Provisioning Classes are defined in a PIB
module.  PIB modules are written using an adapted subset of SNMP's
Structure of Management Information (SMI) [SMI, TC, CONF].  It is the
purpose of this document, the Structure of Policy Provisioning
Information (SPPI), to define that adapted subset

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-sppi-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rap-sppi-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-sppi-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.