Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kaushik-radius-sec-ext-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:45:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Radius Security Extensions using Kerberos v5
	Author(s)	: N. Kaushik
	Filename	: draft-kaushik-radius-sec-ext-05.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 09-Jan-01
	
The RADIUS protocol described in RFC2865 and RFC2866 defines 
hop by hop message integrity and minimal AVP encryption using 
statically configured symmetric transforms to secure communication 
between two adjacent RADIUS peers. Cross domain Radius applications
like roaming have a requirement for end to end security. This 
document specifies how end to end AVP authentication, integrity and 
encryption can be provided for RADIUS  using the Kerberos protocol. 
This document also specifies how additionally stronger hop by hop 
AVP authentication, integrity and encryption can be provided for 
RADIUS using the Kerberos protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kaushik-radius-sec-ext-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kaushik-radius-sec-ext-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kaushik-radius-sec-ext-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.