Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-srisuresh-ike-policy-extensions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 06:44:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IKE extensions to support Dynamic Policies
	Author(s)	: P. Srisuresh, J. Vilhuber
	Filename	: draft-srisuresh-ike-policy-extensions-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 25-Jan-01
	
As IPsec is widely deployed, there is increasing need to negotiate
security keys using IKE at application level granularity. 
IKE, as currently proposed, has restrictions in negotiating keys
for applications with bundled sessions and complex policies. 
The draft identifies the problem with IKE and suggests extensions 
to make IKE application and policy friendly. The proposed solution
suggests extensions to the conceptual operation of IPsec as well as
IKE, but does not require changes to existing IKE payloads. The 
document introduces a new policy payload that complements existing
IKE payloads and suggests replacing ID payload with the Policy
payload, in Quick mode.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-srisuresh-ike-policy-extensions-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-srisuresh-ike-policy-extensions-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-srisuresh-ike-policy-extensions-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.