Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-martin-managesieve-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 07:27:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts
	Author(s)	: T. Martin
	Filename	: draft-martin-managesieve-02.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 05-Jan-01
	
Sieve scripts allow users to filter incoming email. Message stores
are commonly sealed servers so users cannot log into them , yet
users must be able to update their scripts on them.  This document
describes a protocol for securely managing Sieve scripts on a remote
server.  This protocol allows a user to have multiple scripts, and
also alerts a user to syntactically flawed scripts.
This an interim measure as it is hoped that eventually Sieve scripts
will be stored on ACAP. This document is intended to proceed on the
experimental track.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martin-managesieve-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-martin-managesieve-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-martin-managesieve-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.