Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-odoherty-pico-sip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:14:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Pico SIP
	Author(s)	: M. O'Doherty
	Filename	: draft-odoherty-pico-sip-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 30-Jan-01
	
This document defines an extension to the SIP protocol to allow 
it be used in adhoc networks or Pico Networks. It leverages the 
direct, client to client session initiation capabilities of SIP, 
although there may be applications where the redirect and 
proxying abilities will be important also. Note the intention is 
not to imply that SIP is inherently the best protocol for such 
networks, but to recognize that there will likely be many SIP 
based applications in existence and that it would be good to 
allow these applications work with as little change as possible 
in this different type of network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-odoherty-pico-sip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-odoherty-pico-sip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-odoherty-pico-sip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.