Subject: Protocol Action: ISDN Q.921-User Adaptation Layer to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 07:09:51 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'ISDN Q.921-User Adaptation
Layer' <draft-ietf-sigtran-iua-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Signaling Transport Working Group.  The
IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
 This document defines a protocol for backhauling of ISDN Q.921
 User messages over IP using the Stream Control Transmission Protocol
 (SCTP). This protocol would be used between a Signaling Gateway (SG) and
 Media Gateway Controller (MGC). It is assumed that the SG receives ISDN
 signaling over a standard ISDN interface.

Working Group Summary

 This document has the support of the sigtran working group.

Protocol Quality

 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Scott Bradner

RFC Editor note:

 Please add references for RFC 2119 and RFC 2434 to the references section