Subject: RFC 3022 on Traditional NAT

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:33:36 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3022

        Title:	    Traditional IP Network Address Translator
                    (Traditional NAT)
        Author(s):  P. Srisuresh, K. Egevang
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       January 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked] 
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 37675
        Obsoletes:  1631

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nat-traditional-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3022.txt

Basic Network Address Translation or Basic NAT is a method by which
IP addresses are mapped from one group to another, transparent to
end users.  Network Address Port Translation, or NAPT is a method by
which many network addresses and their TCP/UDP (Transmission Control
Protocol/User Datagram Protocol) ports are translated into a single
network address and its TCP/UDP ports.  Together, these two
operations, referred to as traditional NAT, provide a mechanism to
connect a realm with private addresses to an external realm with
globally unique registered addresses.

This document is a product of the Network Access Translators Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.