Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-smug-gdoi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 06:48:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Group Domain of Interpretation for ISAKMP
	Author(s)	: M. Baugher, T. Hardjono, B. Weis
	Filename	: draft-irtf-smug-gdoi-01.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 08-Jan-01
	
This document presents an ISAKMP Domain of Interpretation (DOI) for 
secure group communications.  The 'GDOI,' or 'Group ISAKMP,' borrows 
definitions from GSAKMP [HH], incorporates the Phase 1 SA of the 
Internet DOI [RFC2407, RFC2409], and proposes new payloads and 
exchanges according to the ISAKMP standard [RFC2408, p.14].  Group 
ISAKMP manages group security associations, which are used by security 
protocols running at the IP [RFC2406] or application layers [AMESP].  
These security associations protect one or more key-encrypting keys, 
traffic-encrypting keys, or data shared by group members.

Comments on this document should be addressed to [email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-smug-gdoi-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-smug-gdoi-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-smug-gdoi-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.