Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tsenevir-smpls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 07:55:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Secure MPLS - Encryption and Authentication of MPLS 
                          payloads
	Author(s)	: T. Senevirathne
	Filename	: draft-tsenevir-smpls-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 09-Jan-01
	
This document present use of ISAKMP to establish required security 
association for secure MPLS. Two methods are presented to transport 
ISAKMP messages between edge LSR. New RSVP object is defined to 
exchange security association messages as part of the LSP setup 
messages. Also discussed are the extensions to IKE to establish 
required security association for Secure MPLS using a separate IP 
channel between edge LSR.  It is thought that use of separate IP 
channel facilitates scaling, especially in the environment where 
multiple LSP terminate between same two edge LSRs. In addition, use 
of dedicated IP channel does not require a definition of new DOI for 
Secure MPLS, rather few new definitions to IPSec DOI. Required 
encapsulation formats are presented for encryption and 
authentication of MPLS payloads

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsenevir-smpls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tsenevir-smpls-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tsenevir-smpls-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.