Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-aboba-roamops-adif-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:34:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Accounting Data Interchange Format (ADIF)
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba, D. Lidyard
	Filename	: draft-aboba-roamops-adif-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 22-Jan-01
	
This document describes an extensible human-readable accounting record
format, the Accounting Data Interchange Format (ADIF). Based on MIME,
ADIF is designed to compactly represent accounting data from any
protocol using attribute/value pairs (AVPs) or variable bindings.

ADIF may be used within accounting systems in several ways. In some
cases, Accounting Servers will produce ADIF records based on data
obtained from accounting protocols. It is also possible for devices to
store data in ADIF format and transfer ADIF records to the accounting
server, using an accounting or file transfer protocol.  The latter
approach has the advantage of offloading the Accounting Server from the
task of transcribing interim or session records, thus improving
scalability.  In either scenario, ADIF may be used to transfer a single
accounting records, or a batch of accounting records.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-roamops-adif-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-aboba-roamops-adif-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-aboba-roamops-adif-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.