Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-selcuk-probabilistic-lkh-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:15:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Probabilistic Optimization of LKH-based Multicast Key 
                          Distribution Schemes
	Author(s)	: A. Selcuk, C. McCubbin, D. Sidhu
	Filename	: draft-selcuk-probabilistic-lkh-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 30-Jan-01
	
Currently, the most efficient techniques for multicast key management
are based on the Logical Key Hierarchy (LKH) scheme. In current
practice, LKH trees are organized as balanced binary trees, which
give a uniform O(log n) complexity for compromise recovery in an n-
member group. In this draft, we propose organizing the LKH trees with
respect to the members' compromise probabilities instead of keeping a
balanced tree, in a spirit similar to data compression techniques
such as Huffman and Shannon-Fano coding. We describe two such
probabilistic algorithms which improve the performance of an LKH
scheme by probabilistic organization of the tree. Preliminary
simulation results show that significant gains can be obtained by
these techniques.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-selcuk-probabilistic-lkh-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-selcuk-probabilistic-lkh-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-selcuk-probabilistic-lkh-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.