Subject: RFC 3026 on Liaison to IETF/ISOC on ENUM

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:23:20 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3026

        Title:	    Liaison to IETF/ISOC on ENUM
        Author(s):  R. Blane
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       January 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11460
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-itu-sg2-liason-enum-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3026.txt

Working Party 1/2, of the International Telecommunication Union
Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) held a meeting of
its collaborators in Berlin Germany 19-26 October 2000.  The agenda
of the meeting contained several contributions regarding RFC 2916:
"E.164 Number and DNS" from the Internet Engineering Task Force's
(IETF) ENUM Working Group - more specifically, the method for
administering and maintaining the E.164-based resources in the
Domain Name System (DNS) as related to the ENUM protocol.
Consequently, in addition to the WP1/2 collaborators, there were
several members of the IETF present to assist with the discussion of
issues contained in the aforementioned contributions.
 
This liaison from WP1/2 to the IETF/ISOC conveys the understandings
of the WP1/2 collaborators resulting from the discussions.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.