Subject: RFC 3045 on LDAP Root DSE to Display Vendor Information

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:33:27 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3045

        Title:	    Storing Vendor Information in the LDAP root DSE 
        Author(s):  M. Meredith
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       January 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10518
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mmeredith-rootdse-vendor-info-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3045.txt

This document specifies two Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
(LDAP) attributes, vendorName and vendorVersion that MAY be included
in the root DSA-specific Entry (DSE) to advertise vendor-specific
information.  These two attributes supplement the attributes defined
in section 3.4 of RFC 2251.
 
The information held in these attributes MAY be used for display and
informational purposes and MUST NOT be used for feature
advertisement or discovery.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.