Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rader-dnwhois-defn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 06:44:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Domain Name Whois Data Element and Related Definitions
	Author(s)	: R. Rader
	Filename	: draft-rader-dnwhois-defn-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 25-Jan-01
	
Efforts are currently being undertaken to review the role of Whois 
(as defined in RFC 954 [2] and formalize registry/registrar 
communications protocols in light of the current and evolving scope 
and utility of DNS, domain name registries and related entities. In 
order for this work to be truly effective and broadly applicable, it 
is important that accepted definitions act as the foundation. This 
document is an attempt to create a starting point for the requisite 
dialogue that will ultimately foster the determination and 
acceptance of these definitions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rader-dnwhois-defn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rader-dnwhois-defn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rader-dnwhois-defn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.