Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-syslog-sign-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 07:19:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Security Issues in Network Event Logging Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Syslog-Sign Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Kelsey
	Filename	: draft-ietf-syslog-sign-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 02-Jan-01
	
This document describes syslog-sign, a mechanism for adding
origin authenticaiton, message integrity, replay-resistance,
message sequencing, and detection of missing messages to
syslog.  The goal of syslog-sign is to provide all these
security features in a way that has minimal requirements and
minimal impact on an existing setup of syslog devices,
relays, and collectors.  In particular, it is possible to
support syslog-sign by changing only the behavior of the
syslog devices, and some software run either online or
offline on the collector's stored logs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-sign-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-syslog-sign-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-sign-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.