Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kroeselberg-sip-3g-security-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 07:29:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP security requirements from 3G wireless networks
	Author(s)	: D. Kroeselberg
	Filename	: draft-kroeselberg-sip-3g-security-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 29-Jan-01
	
At present based on a different protocol architecture, 3G wireless
standards start to become more and more IP-based. The upcoming set
of 3G wireless specifications defined by 3GPP will include SIP
[RFC2543] as the session control protocol for IP-based voice and
multimedia. An important requirement for introducing SIP is the
definition of a security architecture protecting the session control
signaling.
This Internet Draft collects requirements for a SIP security
architecture that are related to the use of SIP in 3GPP wireless
networks. It is intended to stimulate the discussion about SIP
security and is meant as a source of input for a requirements draft
on SIP security.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kroeselberg-sip-3g-security-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kroeselberg-sip-3g-security-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kroeselberg-sip-3g-security-req-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.