Subject: RFC 3037 on LDP Applicability

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:07:41 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3037

        Title:	    LDP Applicability
        Author(s):  B. Thomas, E. Gray
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       January 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13601
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-applic-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3037.txt

Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is a method for forwarding
packets that uses short, fixed-length values carried by packets,
called labels, to determine packet nexthops.  A fundamental concept in
MPLS is that two Label Switching Routers (LSRs) must agree on the
meaning of the labels used to forward traffic between and through
them.  This common understanding is achieved by using a set of
procedures, called a label distribution protocol, by which one LSR
informs another of label bindings it has made.  This document
describes the applicability of a set of such procedures called LDP
(for Label Distribution Protocol) by which LSRs distribute labels to
support MPLS forwarding along normally routed paths.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.