Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hamid-issll-rsvp-cap-dsmark-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:44:49 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The DS marking Capability Negotiation: A Usage Case 
                          for the RSVP CAP Object
	Author(s)	: S. Hamid
	Filename	: draft-hamid-issll-rsvp-cap-dsmark-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 20-Feb-01
	
The DCLASS object is proposed in [DCLASS] to represent and carry 
Differentiated Services Code Points (DSCPs) within RSVP messages. The
principle use of the DCLASS object is to carry DSCP information
between a DS network and upstream nodes that may wish to mark packets
with DSCP values. A network element in the DS network determines the
value for DSCP which is further carried as a DCLASS object in RSVP 
RESV message to the sender host. The RSVP capability negotiation CAP
Object [RSVP_CAP] is proposed to convey end host/upstream node 
Capabilities to the downstream network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hamid-issll-rsvp-cap-dsmark-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hamid-issll-rsvp-cap-dsmark-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hamid-issll-rsvp-cap-dsmark-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.