Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-peterbauer-sip-servlet-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 06:53:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Servlet API Extensions
	Author(s)	: K. Peterbauer, J. Stadler et al.
	Filename	: draft-peterbauer-sip-servlet-ext-00.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 15-Feb-01
	
This document improves and extends the SIP Servlet API defined in 
[2]. The SIP Servlet API defines a mechanism, which enables the
encapsulation of service logic in so called SIP Servlets on the top 
of the protocol stack of a SIP Server. A very important point, which
is not treated by [2] is the interoperability of services.
[3] proposes a first approach to overcome this problem with a so
called root servlet. In this Internet draft we define a more generic
model to perform a combination or interaction of SIP Servlets. This 
makes the servlet approach to a very powerful alternative also in 
UMTS to connect SIP Proxy and Service Logic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-peterbauer-sip-servlet-ext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-peterbauer-sip-servlet-ext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-peterbauer-sip-servlet-ext-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.