Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-diffserv-2836bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:43:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Differentiated Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Per Hop Behavior Identification Codes
	Author(s)	: D. Black, S. Brim, B. Carpenter, F. Le Faucheur
	Filename	: draft-ietf-diffserv-2836bis-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 20-Feb-01
	
Differentiated Services [RFC 2474, RFC 2475] introduces the notion of
Per Hop Behaviors (PHBs) that define how traffic belonging to a
particular behavior aggregate is treated at an individual network
node. In IP packet headers, PHBs are not indicated as such; instead
Differentiated Services Codepoint (DSCP) values are used. There are
only 64 possible DSCP values, but there is no such limit on the
number of PHBs. In a given network domain, there is a locally defined
mapping between DSCP values and PHBs. Standardized PHBs recommend a
DSCP mapping, but network operators may choose alternative mappings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-2836bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-diffserv-2836bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-2836bis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.