Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-aiello-dhc-appliance-class-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:03:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Appliance Class Identifier Option for DHCP
	Author(s)	: J. Aiello
	Filename	: draft-aiello-dhc-appliance-class-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 13-Feb-01
	
The Appliance Class Identifier option is used by a Dynamic Host 
Configuration Protocol (DHCP) client to identify the type of 
appliance it belongs to.  The information contained in this option is 
an opaque field that represents the appliance class of which 
identifies the type of client.  Based on this class, a DHCP server 
selects the appropriate address pool to assign an address to the 
client and the appropriate configuration parameters.  This option 
should be selected by the appliance manufacturer and included in the 
DHCP Discover/Request messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aiello-dhc-appliance-class-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-aiello-dhc-appliance-class-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-aiello-dhc-appliance-class-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.