Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bouwen-megaco-isdn-bcp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 07:06:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Best Current Practice for Megaco-Sigtran Interaction 
                          in ISDN Access Gateways
	Author(s)	: J. Bouwen, K. Morneault
	Filename	: draft-bouwen-megaco-isdn-bcp-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 23-Feb-01
	
A Media Gateway with ISDN terminations will use both Megaco [1] and
Sigtran protocols for communication with the Media Gateway
Controller. In an ISDN Access Gateway the media carrying B-channels
are controlled by the Media Gateway Controller using Megaco, while
the User-to-Network signalling running over the D-channels will be
relayed to the Media Gateway Controller using Sigtran protocols (IUA
[3] over SCTP [2]).
At the moment, in the absence of appropriate specifications, the
Megaco and Sigtran protocols may interact in different ways in the
Access Gateway, leaving room for non-interoperable solutions.
This draft proposes a set of guidelines for the Megaco-Sigtran
interworking, documenting a best current practice for ISDN Access
Gateways.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bouwen-megaco-isdn-bcp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bouwen-megaco-isdn-bcp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bouwen-megaco-isdn-bcp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.