Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-belgaied-ipv6-lsopt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 07:07:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generalized Labeled Security Option for IPv6
	Author(s)	: K. Belgaied, G. Winiger
	Filename	: draft-belgaied-ipv6-lsopt-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 23-Feb-01
	
This memo describes a new IPv6 Hop-by-Hop Option type used as an
explicit security label. The hosts supporting Labeled Security
add this option to the packets they originate in order to convey the 
sensitivity of the data. The routers that recognize this
option will use it to make routing decision, in conformance with a
pre-established policy. The IPSec protection requirements and a
transition scheme from the existing IPv4 security options to the LS
option are also proposed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-belgaied-ipv6-lsopt-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-belgaied-ipv6-lsopt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-belgaied-ipv6-lsopt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.