Subject: RFC 3060 on Policy Core Information Model

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:40:09 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3060

        Title:	    Policy Core Information Model -- Version 1
                    Specification 
        Author(s):  B. Moore, E. Ellesson, J. Strassner, A. Westerinen
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       February 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      100
        Characters: 240309
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-policy-core-info-model-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3060.txt

This document presents the object-oriented information model for
representing policy information developed jointly in the IETF Policy
Framework WG and as extensions to the Common Information Model (CIM)
activity in the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF).  This model
defines two hierarchies of object classes:  structural classes
representing policy information and control of policies, and
association classes that indicate how instances of the structural
classes are related to each other. Subsequent documents will define
mappings of this information model to various concrete
implementations, for example, to a directory that uses LDAPv3 as its
access protocol. 

This document is a product of the Policy Framework Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.