Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kathirvelu-corevpn-disc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:55:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Core MPLS IP VPN Link Broadcast And Virtual Router 
                          Discovery
	Author(s)	: C. Kathirvelu, K. Muthukrishnan
	Filename	: draft-kathirvelu-corevpn-disc-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 27-Feb-01
	
An IPVPN consists of many routers, some  physically  discrete  and  some
virtual,   housed  in  a Provider Edge router. The problem that presents
itself is that these virtual routers need do  find  each  other  over  a
virtual  topology  and they need to send broadcast datagrams as mandated
in routing protocols  [such  as  the  neighbor  discovery  datagram  and
routing updates in OSPF, the routing updates in RIPV2 etc] and user data
over this virtual topology.  This memo presents an approach for  solving
these problems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kathirvelu-corevpn-disc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kathirvelu-corevpn-disc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kathirvelu-corevpn-disc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.