Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chesterfield-avt-rtcpssm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:57:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTCP Extension for Source Specific Multicast Sessions
	Author(s)	: J. Chesterfield
	Filename	: draft-chesterfield-avt-rtcpssm-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 27-Feb-01
	
This document specifies a modification to the Real-time Transport
Control Protocol to enable the continued operation of RTP/RTCP in 
Source Specific Multicast (SSM) sessions where the traditional model 
of Internet Standard Multicast (ISM) group communication does not 
apply. This specification extends RFC 1889, section 6 which defines 
the RTP session group control channel. It modifies this functionality
to enable continued operation of RTCP in a Source Specific Multicast 
Session where there is no bi-directional communication between all 
hosts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chesterfield-avt-rtcpssm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chesterfield-avt-rtcpssm-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chesterfield-avt-rtcpssm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.