Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-daviel-html-geo-tag-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 06:53:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Geographic registration of HTML documents
	Author(s)	: A. Daviel, F. Kaegi
	Filename	: draft-daviel-html-geo-tag-04.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 15-Feb-01
	
This memo describes a method of registering HTML documents with a
specific geographic location through means of embedded META tags. The
content of the META tags gives the geographic position of the
resource described by the HTML document in terms of Longitude,
Latitude and optionally Elevation in a simple, machine-readable
manner. This information may be used for automated resource discovery
by means of an HTML indexing agent or search engine.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daviel-html-geo-tag-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-daviel-html-geo-tag-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-daviel-html-geo-tag-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.