Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-williams-tcpulpframe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:58:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ULP Framing for TCP
	Author(s)	: J. Williams et al.
	Filename	: draft-williams-tcpulpframe-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 27-Feb-01
	
The proposed framing protocol accepts PDUs from a ULP (upper level
protocol) and transports them over a TCP connection.  This is done
in such a manner that the ULP PDUs can be recovered at the receiver
and can be recovered even if preceding TCP segments have not yet
been received. This is a particularly powerful technique when the
ULP provides PDUs which are self describing and which fit entierly
within one TCP segment.  This allows incoming packets to be pro¡
cessed in the order received, and their data to be placed directly
in the ultimate destination memory.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-williams-tcpulpframe-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-williams-tcpulpframe-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-williams-tcpulpframe-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.