Subject: RFC 3040 on Internet Web Replication & Caching Taxonomy

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 16:13:49 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3040

        Title:	    Internet Web Replication and Caching Taxonomy
        Author(s):  I. Cooper, I. Melve, G. Tomlinson
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       January 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 63257
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-wrec-taxonomy-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3040.txt

This memo specifies standard terminology and the taxonomy of web
replication and caching infrastructure as deployed today.  It
introduces standard concepts, and protocols used today within this
application domain.  Currently deployed solutions employing these
technologies are presented to establish a standard taxonomy.  Known
problems with caching proxies are covered in the document titled
"Known HTTP Proxy/Caching Problems", and are not part of this
document.  This document presents open protocols and points to
published material for each protocol.

This document is a product of the Web Replication and Caching Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.