Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-manual-icmpv6-sas-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 07:21:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Manual SA Configuration for IPv6 Link Local Messages
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko et al.
	Filename	: draft-arkko-manual-icmpv6-sas-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 09-Feb-01
	
This  draft discusses the use of manually configured IPsec SAs to pro-
tect ICMPv6 messages such as router discovery and  address  resolution
on  the  local  link. IPsec SAs are generally identified by the triple
<SPI, destination address, protocol>. For the ICMPv6 messages  config-
uring  the SAs requires some effort, however, since there are multiple
known destination addresses plus a number of addresses that depend  on
the physical link addresses.  This draft describes the security impli-
cations of protecting or not protecting the  link  local  ICMPv6  mes-
sages,  lists  the SAs that must be configured manually, and discusses
some approaches for reducing configuration effort.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-manual-icmpv6-sas-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-manual-icmpv6-sas-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-manual-icmpv6-sas-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.