Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-map-doi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 06:44:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The MAP Security Domain of Interpretation for ISAKMP
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko, R. Blom
	Filename	: draft-arkko-map-doi-01.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 22-Feb-01
	
In the Global Mobile System (GSM) and Universal Mobile
Telecommunication System (UMTS) networks, the MAP protocol
plays a central role in the signaling communications between
the Network Elements (NEs). The Internet Security Association and
Key Management Protocol (ISAKMP) defines a framework for security
association management and cryptographic key establishment for the
Internet. This framework consists of defined exchanges, payloads,
and processing guidelines that occur within a given Domain of
Interpretation (DOI). This document defines the MAP Security DOI
(MAPSEC DOI), which instantiates ISAKMP for use with MAP when MAP
uses ISAKMP to negotiate security associations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-map-doi-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-map-doi-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-map-doi-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.