Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fedyk-bgpvpon-auto-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:55:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP based Auto-Discovery mechanism for Optical VPNs
	Author(s)	: D. Fedyk et al.
	Filename	: draft-fedyk-bgpvpon-auto-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 27-Feb-01
	
Consider a service provider network that offers Optical Virtual 
Private Network (OVPN) service. An important goal in the OVPN 
service is the ability to support what is known as _single end 
provisioning_, where addition of a new port to a given OVPN would 
involve configuration/provisioning changes only on the devices 
connected to that port. Another important goal in the OVPN service 
is the ability to establish/terminate an optical connection between 
a pair of (existing) ports within an OVPN without involving 
configuration/provisioning changes in any of the provider devices. 
In this document we describe a set of mechanisms that accomplishes 
these goals.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fedyk-bgpvpon-auto-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fedyk-bgpvpon-auto-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fedyk-bgpvpon-auto-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.