Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-bgparch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 06:45:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Architectural Requirements for Inter-Domain Routing in
                          the Internet
	Author(s)	: G. Huston
	Filename	: draft-iab-bgparch-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 22-Feb-01
	
This draft examines the various longer term trends visible within
the characteristics of the Internet's BGP table and identifies a
number of operational practices and protocol factors which
contribute to these trends. The potential impacts of these practices
and protocol properties on the scaling properties of the inter-
domain routing space are examined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-bgparch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iab-bgparch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iab-bgparch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.