Subject: WG Review: Recharter of AToM MIB (atommib)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:41:16 -0500

A revised charter and milestone set has been received for the
Atom MIB Working Group in the Operations and Management Area
of the IETF. The proposal is provided for informational
purposes only:

AToM MIB (atommib)
------------------
 Current Status: Active Working Group

 Mailing Lists: 
     General Discussion:[email-masked]
     To Subscribe:      [email-masked]
     Archive:           ftp://ftp.research.telcordia.com/pub/Group.archive/atommib

Description of Working Group:

The AToM MIB Working Group is chartered to:

1. Complete the ATM Supplemental MIB, which defines additional sets of
   ATM managed objects beyond those defined in RFC2515, to reflect growing
   experience and industry requirements for management of ATM.

2. Complete the SONET Linear APS MIB, which defines additional sets of
   SONET managed objects beyond those defined in RFC2558, to reflect growing
   experience and industry requirements for management of
   SONET Automatic Protection Switching.

3. Evaluate and define managed objects for optical channels and interfaces.

4. Maintain and advance on the standards track the existing 
   specifications for ATM management (RFC2512-2515).

5. Maintain and advance on the standards track the existing 
   specification for SONET/SDH management (RFC2558).

6. Maintain and advance on the standards track other trunk-mib
   specifications (i.e., for DS0 - DS3-E3, RFC2493-2496).

The objects defined by the working group will be consistent with the
Internet-standard Management framework.

Goals and Milestones:

Mar 2001  Submit the ATM Supplemental to the IESG for consideration as a 
	  Proposed Standard.

Mar 2001  Submit the SONET APS MIB to the IESG for consideration as a 
	  Proposed Standard.

Jan 2001  Revised OpticalMIB Internet-Draft and make available for
	  discussion.

Oct 2001  Submit OpticalMIB Internet-Draft to IESG for standards track 
	  evaluation.

Jun 2001  Report on implementation experience on RFC 2512-2515

Jun 2001  Report on implementation experience on RFC 2493-2496

Jun 2001  Report on implementation experience on RFC 2558

Oct 2001  Submit any needed revisions of RFC2512-2515 to the IESG
          for consideration of standards track advancement as 
          appropriate.

Oct 2001  Submit any needed revisions of RFC2493-2496 to the IESG
          for consideration of standards track advancement as 
          appropriate.

Oct 2001  Submit any needed revisions of RFC2558 to the IESG
          for consideration of standards track advancement as 
          appropriate.