Subject: Protocol Action: Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) over Frame Relay to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 13:41:08 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Layer Two Tunneling Protocol
(L2TP) over Frame Relay' <draft-ietf-l2tpext-fr-01.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the Layer Two Tunneling
Protocol Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
 Layer Two Tunneling Protocol describes a mechanism to tunnel PPP
 sessions.  The protocol has been designed to be independent of the
 media it runs over. The base specification describes how it should be
 implemented to run over UDP and IP. This document describes how the
 Layer Two Tunneling Protocol is implemented over Frame Relay PVCs and
 SVCs.

Working Group Summary

There was consensus for the approach in this document and no issues
were raised during last call.

Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.