Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gomez-paro-manet-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:57:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PARO: A Power-Aware Routing Optimization Scheme for 
                          Mobile Ad hoc Networks
	Author(s)	: J. Gomez et al.
	Filename	: draft-gomez-paro-manet-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 27-Feb-01
	
Due to fact that mobile ad hoc nodes have a critical need to preserve
battery power, MANET routing protocols need to consider power saving
techniques during operations. In this Internet-Draft we discuss PARO,
a Power-Aware Routing Optimization protocol that minimizes the
transmission power necessary to forward packets between wireless
devices. Using PARO, intermediate nodes can forward packets between
source-destination pairs thus reducing the aggregate transmission
power consumed by wireless devices. An important property of PARO is
that it outperforms traditional broadcast-based routing protocols due
to its power efficient point-to-point on-demand nature. The protocol
is designed to operate as a stand-alone multihop routing protocol for
local-area wireless networks (e.g., single-hop home networks, single-
hop sensor networks, WLANs, etc.) and as a power-aware enhancement
for routing in wide-area MANETs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gomez-paro-manet-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gomez-paro-manet-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gomez-paro-manet-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.