Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-provreg-dn-defn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:45:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Provisioning Registry Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Domain Name and Related Definitions
	Author(s)	: R. Rader
	Filename	: draft-ietf-provreg-dn-defn-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 20-Feb-01
	
Efforts are currently being undertaken to define and formalize 
registry/registrar communications protocols in light of the current 
and evolving scope and utility of DNS, domain name registries and 
related entities. In order for this work to be truly effective and 
broadly applicable, it is important that accepted definitions act as 
the foundation. This document is an attempt to create a starting 
point for the requisite dialogue that will ultimately foster the 
determination and acceptance of these new protocols. This document 
obsoletes <draft-rader-dnwhois-defn-00.txt>.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-provreg-dn-defn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-provreg-dn-defn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-provreg-dn-defn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.