Subject: BCP 47, RFC 3066 on Tags for Identification of Languages

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 10:19:34 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 47       
        RFC 3066

        Title:	    Tags for the Identification of Languages
        Author(s):  H. Alvestrand
        Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       January 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26522
        Obsoletes   1766
        SeeAlso:    BCP 47

        I-D Tag:    draft-alvestrand-lang-tag-v2-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3066.txt

This document describes a language tag for use in cases where it is
desired to indicate the language used in an information object, how to
register values for use in this language tag, and a construct for
matching such language tags.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.