Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jagannathan-diffserv-pf-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 07:08:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Proportional Forwarding PHB
	Author(s)	: R. Jain et al.
	Filename	: draft-jagannathan-diffserv-pf-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 23-Feb-01
	
We propose a new Per Hop Behavior (PHB) for differentiated services
in IP networks.  In this PHB, each network subscriber (or flow)
receives a bandwidth allocation proportional to the subscribed
information rate.  This new PHB is called 'Proportional Forwarding
PHB' or PF PHB.  The marking mechanism at the source or ingress
router and the queuing and discard behavior at core routers are
clearly described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jagannathan-diffserv-pf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jagannathan-diffserv-pf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jagannathan-diffserv-pf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.