Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hss-conformance-test-sctp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 06:59:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Conformance Test Specification for SCTP
	Author(s)	: S. Mahajan et al.
	Filename	: draft-hss-conformance-test-sctp-00.txt
	Pages		: 156
	Date		: 12-Feb-01
	
This  document  presents  the  conformance  test specification for SCTP 
prototcol (RFC2960), which can be used to test SCTP implementations for
conformance to the protocol definition. The list of test is  exhaustive
and covers almost all the categories of test, except few test for timer
calculation and congestion) which will be added in the next revision of
the draft. 
This draft can also be used in conjunction with  SCTP  specification by
implementor  of  protocol  as  implementors  guide,  as  the  pictorial 
representation of various scenarios help understand the protocol.

Next revision  of  the  draft will also cover the additions done to the
protocol revision RFC2960 and any subsequent RFC published by IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hss-conformance-test-sctp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hss-conformance-test-sctp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hss-conformance-test-sctp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.