Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hummel-ppvpn-tunnel-systems-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:03:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Tree/Ring/Meshy VPN tunnel systems
	Author(s)	: H. Hummel
	Filename	: draft-hummel-ppvpn-tunnel-systems-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 13-Feb-01
	
This draft shows how n sites of a private network may be
interconnected by n-1 shortest (L2/L3)-tunnels that form a minimal
tree tunnel system, or by n fairly shortest tunnels that form a ring
tunnel system. Algorithms are provided for computing such tree/ring
tunnel systems within a fraction of a second. Analogous variants
thereof may be used to determine tree/ring tunnel systems for
interconnecting all member VPNs of a VPN alliance.  Tunnel weights
may either pursue the optimal use of carrier resources or the minimal
monetary costs for the customer.  Explicit routing mechanisms are
proposed for establishing/ testing/ tearing down entire VPN-tunnel
systems of arbitrary topology (trees, rings, meshes).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hummel-ppvpn-tunnel-systems-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hummel-ppvpn-tunnel-systems-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hummel-ppvpn-tunnel-systems-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.