Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sahay-ccamp-ntip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 06:52:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Network Transport Interface Protocol (NTIP) for 
                          Photonic Cross Connects (PXC)
	Author(s)	: V. Sahay et al.
	Filename	: draft-sahay-ccamp-ntip-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 26-Feb-01
	
This draft describes the transport network interface protocol (NTIP) 
for photonic cross connects (PXC). NTIP is implemented between a PXC 
and transport network element (TNEs). NTIP is a protocol that uses 
TCP/IP for the transport of information related to defect 
notification, trace monitoring, adjacency discovery, and diagnostic 
messages between directly attached PXC and TNE. The use of TCP as 
the transport protocol ensures reliable and in-sequence delivery of 
NTIP messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sahay-ccamp-ntip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sahay-ccamp-ntip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sahay-ccamp-ntip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.