Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-price-rohc-epic-compatibility-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 06:51:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generating a ROHC 08 Compatible Profile Using EPIC
	Author(s)	: R. Price et al.
	Filename	: draft-price-rohc-epic-compatibility-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 26-Feb-01
	
The Efficient Protocol Independent Compression [EPIC] scheme is a 
general mechanism for providing additional profiles for use within 
the [ROHC8] framework. The EPIC inputset is a list of fields from 
the protocol stack to be compressed, and for each field a choice of 
encoding techniques together with the probabilities that they will 
be used. The output of EPIC is a set of optimally efficient 
compressed header formats for the chosen protocol stack, and an 
automatic mechanism for translating between compressed and 
uncompressed packet formats.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-price-rohc-epic-compatibility-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-price-rohc-epic-compatibility-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-price-rohc-epic-compatibility-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.