Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kim-ssm-hierarchical-scheme-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:03:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Hierarchical Scheme for Source-Specific Multicast 
                          Deployment
	Author(s)	: S. Kim et al.
	Filename	: draft-kim-ssm-hierarchical-scheme-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 21-Feb-01
	
Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) has been proposed to overcome the
deployment limitations of PIM-SM such as handling of well-known
sources, access control, and address allocation. However, current
SSM work seems to neglect some other deployment issues such as the
construction of the shortest path tree especially in inter-domain. 
The routing table entries for constructing SSM tree proportionally
increase depending on the number of sources and groups.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kim-ssm-hierarchical-scheme-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kim-ssm-hierarchical-scheme-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kim-ssm-hierarchical-scheme-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.