Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-seamoby-paging-problem-statement-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 07:04:57 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Context and Micro-mobility Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Paging Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf
	Filename	: draft-ietf-seamoby-paging-problem-statement-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 23-Feb-01
	
The IESG has requested that the Seamoby Working Group develop a
problem statement about the need for additional protocol work to
support paging for seamless IP mobility. The paging design team
interpreted this as direction to examine whether location of a mobile
node in power saving mode can be supported by the existing Mobile
IPv4 and Mobile IPv6 protocols given existing radio link protocols.
This draft describes paging, assesses the need for IP paging, and
presents a list of recommendations for Seamoby charter items
regarding work on paging.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-seamoby-paging-problem-statement-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-seamoby-paging-problem-statement-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-seamoby-paging-problem-statement-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.