Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-koodli-mobileip-fastv6-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 07:34:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Handovers in Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: R. Koodli, C. Perkins, J. Trostle
	Filename	: draft-koodli-mobileip-fastv6-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 08-Mar-01
	
When a mobile node moves to a new point of attachment in the
Internet, relying on router advertisements may be insufficient to
insure adequate performance of time-critical applications running on
the mobile node.  In many cases, other indications are available to
trigger handover of the mobile node to a new point of attachment,
at a new access router.  The mobile node and the access router may
then be able to take steps, in addition to those specified for Mobile
IPv6, to reduce the time during which the mobile node is effectively
disconnected from the Internet.  This specification defines the fast
handover problem and outlines a proposed solution to the problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koodli-mobileip-fastv6-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-koodli-mobileip-fastv6-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-koodli-mobileip-fastv6-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.