Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shah-mpls-l2vpn-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:02:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to MPLS-based Layer 2 VPNs
	Author(s)	: H. Shah, X. Briard, J. Tsillas
	Filename	: draft-shah-mpls-l2vpn-ext-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 22-Mar-01
	
The Provisioning of VPN based on Layer 2 circuits across MPLS-base 
network has been described in draft-kompella-mpls-l2vpn-02.txt. The 
draft describes how provider's edge routers distribute configured 
VPN information amongst themselves. This information is then 
processed to map layer 2 circuits of customer's edge devices to 
remote customer devices of the same VPN through MPLS cloud via 
adjoining provider's edge devices. The proposal requires a priori 
guestimating of customer's growth needs for the VPN and accordingly 
over provisioning of a contiguous set of (preferably per platform) 
MPLS labels.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shah-mpls-l2vpn-ext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shah-mpls-l2vpn-ext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shah-mpls-l2vpn-ext-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.