Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kinnear-agent-subnet-selection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 07:36:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Subnet Selection sub-option for Relay Agent 
                          Information Option
	Author(s)	: K. Kinnear et al.
	Filename	: draft-kinnear-agent-subnet-selection-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 08-Mar-01
	
In RFC2131, the giaddr specifies both the subnet on which a DHCP
client resides as well as an IP address which can be used to
communicate with the relay agent.  The subnet selection option allows
these functions of the giaddr to be split so that when one entity is
performing as a DHCP proxy, it can specify the subnet from which to
allocate an IP address which is different from the IP address with
which it desires to communicate with the DHCP server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kinnear-agent-subnet-selection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kinnear-agent-subnet-selection-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kinnear-agent-subnet-selection-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.