Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moore-6to4-dns-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 07:37:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: 6to4 and DNS
	Author(s)	: K. Moore
	Filename	: draft-moore-6to4-dns-02.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 06-Mar-01
	
This memo discusses several potential mechanisms for locating the
DNS servers which provide 'reverse address lookup'of 6to4 addresses.
Please note that this is a preliminary draft which only attempts to
outline possible means of solving the problem, for purpose of
discussion.  This version of the proposal is NOT rigorously specified,
and the author does not claim significant DNS expertise.  Nevertheless,
it is hoped that the proposal is significantly detailed to allow
reviewers to make a first-order assessment of its viability.  The
assistance of a DNS expert in drafting future revisions of this proposal
would be most welcome.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moore-6to4-dns-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-moore-6to4-dns-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moore-6to4-dns-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.