Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nguyen-bgp-ipv6-vpn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 06:41:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP-MPLS VPN extension for IPv6 VPN over an IPv4 
                          infrastructure
	Author(s)	: T. Nguyen, G. Gastaud, D. Ooms, J. De Clercq
	Filename	: draft-nguyen-bgp-ipv6-vpn-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 05-Mar-01
	
This document describes a method by which a Service Provider may  use
an MPLS enabled IPv4 backbone to provide VPNs for its IPv6 customers.
This proposal makes use of the method to  build  network  based  VPNs
described  in  the  RFC2547-Bis Internet draft [2547Bis]. In BGP/MPLS
VPN, MPLS is used for forwarding packets over the backbone,  and  BGP
is  used  for  distributing  VPN  routes  over  the  service provider
backbone. This document proposes to use one of  the  defined  codings
for  the  Router Distinguisher to support an IPv6 VPN address family.
It defines a coding for the SAFI-field in the case  of  labeled  VPN-
IPv6 routes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-bgp-ipv6-vpn-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nguyen-bgp-ipv6-vpn-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-bgp-ipv6-vpn-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.