Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kinnear-agent-vpn-id-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 07:39:57 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: VPN Identifier sub-option for Relay Agent Information 
                          Option
	Author(s)	: K. Kinnear et al.
	Filename	: draft-kinnear-agent-vpn-id-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 08-Mar-01
	
In some environments, a relay agent resides in a network element
which also has access to one or more VPNs.  If one DHCP server wishes
to offer service to DHCP clients on those different VPNs the DHCP
server needs to know the VPN on which each client resides.  The vpn-
id sub-option of the relay-agent-information option is used by the
relay agent to tell the DHCP server the VPN for every DHCP request it
passes on to the DHCP server, and is also used to properly forward
any DHCP reply that the DHCP server sends back to the relay agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kinnear-agent-vpn-id-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kinnear-agent-vpn-id-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kinnear-agent-vpn-id-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.