Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-glass-mobileip-security-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 07:20:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Security Issues in Mobile IP
	Author(s)	: S. Glass
	Filename	: draft-glass-mobileip-security-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 28-Feb-01
	
Mobile IP is designed to provide IP services to roaming nodes, 
allowing them access to services, and enabling other nodes to reach 
them, as if they were on their home domain.  By definition this 
functionality must be deployed on multiple subnets, and in many 
cases across domains, and while Mobile IP services MUST be present
on a subnet in order for a mobile node to have this reachability,
deploying Mobile IP can introduce some security issues which may
need to be addressed, but which certainly should be understood by
any network administrator overseeing Mobile IP subnets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-glass-mobileip-security-issues-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-glass-mobileip-security-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-glass-mobileip-security-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.