Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-ffpim-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 06:50:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Full-mode Fax Profile for Internet Mail:  FFPIM
	Author(s)	: D. Crocker, L. Masinter, G. Klyne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-ffpim-01.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 05-Mar-01
	
Classic facsimile document exchange represents both a set of
technical specifications [T30] and a class of service.
Previous work [RFC2305, RFC2532] has replicated some of that
service class as a profile within Internet mail.  The
current specification defines ôfull modeö carriage of
facsimile data over the Internet, building upon that
previous work and adding the remaining functionality
necessary for achieving reliability, timeliness and
capability negotiation for Internet mail that is on a par
with classic T.30 facsimile. These additional features are
designed to provide the highest level of interoperability
with the existing and future standards-compliant email
infrastructure and mail user agents, while providing a level
of service that approximates the level currently enjoyed by
fax users.
The IETF has been notified of intellectual property rights
claimed in regard to some or all of the specification
contained in this document.  For more information consult
the online list of claimed rights in
<http://www.ietf.org/ipr.html>.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-ffpim-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-ffpim-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-ffpim-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.