Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-beck-opes-irml-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 07:20:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IRML: A Rule Specification Language for Intermediary 
                          Services
	Author(s)	: A. Beck, M. Hofmann
	Filename	: draft-beck-opes-irml-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 28-Feb-01
	
Intermediary services are a new class of applications running on 
network edge intermediaries like caching proxies or dedicated 
application servers. They are described in [2] and [3]. These 
intermediary services can be executed on behalf of clients, access 
providers, or content providers. In order to control the execution 
of intermediary services, these parties provide service-specific 
rules that trigger services if rule conditions are met for incoming 
or outgoing messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-beck-opes-irml-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-beck-opes-irml-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-beck-opes-irml-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.