Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kosters-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 07:44:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DNSSEC Opt-in for Large Zones
	Author(s)	: M. Kosters
	Filename	: draft-kosters-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 06-Mar-01
	
In order for DNSSEC to be deployed operationally with large zones
and little operational impact, there needs to be included a
mechanism that allows for the separation of secure versus unsecure
views of zones. This needs to be done in a transparent fashion that
allows DNSSEC to be deployed in an incremental manner.  This
document proposes the use of an extended RCODE to signify that a
DNSSEC-aware requestor may have to re-query for the information, if
and only if, the delegation is not yet secure. Thus, one can
maintain two views of the zone and expand the DNSSEC zone as demand
warrants.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kosters-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kosters-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kosters-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.