Subject: RFC 3083 on DOCSIS Baseline Privacy MIB

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:56:55 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3083

        Title:	    Baseline Privacy Interface Management Information
                    Base for DOCSIS Compliant Cable Modems and Cable
                    Modem Termination Systems 
        Author(s):  R. Woundy
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       March 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 88318
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3083.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it defines a basic set of managed objects for
SNMP-based (Simple Network Management Protocol) management of the
Baseline Privacy Interface (BPI), which provides data privacy for
DOCSIS 1.0 (Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications)
compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems.  This MIB
is defined as an extension to the DOCSIS Radio Frequency Interface
MIB, RFC 2670. 
 
This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is compliant to the
SMIv2 (Structure of Management Information Version 2).  The set of
objects is consistent with the SNMP framework and existing SNMP
standards.
 
CableLabs requires the implementation of this MIB in DOCSIS 1.0 cable
modems that implement the Baseline Privacy Interface, as a
prerequisite for DOCSIS 1.0 certification.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.