Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-williams-tcpulpframe-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:03:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ULP Framing for TCP
	Author(s)	: J. Williams et al.
	Filename	: draft-williams-tcpulpframe-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 22-Mar-01
	
This document proposes a framing protocol for TCP which is designed
to be fully compliant with applicable TCP RFC's and fully
interoperable with existing TCP implementations. The framing
mechanism is designed to work as a 'shim' between TCP and higher-
level protocols, preserving the reliable, in-order delivery of TCP
while adding the preservation of higher-level protocol record
boundaries if the record is less than or equal to the path MTU. The
shim is designed to enable hardware acceleration of data movement
operations (e.g. direct placement of receive TCP segments into
higher-level protocol buffers) for the protocols that use it, even
if TCP segments are delivered out-of-order.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-williams-tcpulpframe-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-williams-tcpulpframe-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-williams-tcpulpframe-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.