Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bianchi-blefari-admcontr-over-af-phb-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:03:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Per Flow Admission Control over AF PHB Classes
	Author(s)	: G. Bianchi, N. Blefari-Melazzi
	Filename	: draft-bianchi-blefari-admcontr-over-af-phb-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 22-Mar-01
	
This memo shows that an AF PHB class, as defined in RFC 2597, is
capable of supporting explicit per flow admission control. Admission
control is obtained by a suitable use of two out of the three drop
precedence levels. Level 1 is dedicated to conforming accepted
traffic, i.e. traffic that has passed admission control test and
conforms to edge-policing functions. Level 2 is used as an implicit
signaling pipe and acts as the core network support for the
admission control procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bianchi-blefari-admcontr-over-af-phb-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bianchi-blefari-admcontr-over-af-phb-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bianchi-blefari-admcontr-over-af-phb-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.