Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-glass-mobileip-agent-dhcp-proxy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 06:43:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IP Agents as DHCP Proxies
	Author(s)	: S. Glass
	Filename	: draft-glass-mobileip-agent-dhcp-proxy-01.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 02-Mar-01
	
Since the inclusion of the Network Access Identifier (NAIs) into
the mobile ip fabric, home agents have had a way to identify mobile
nodes which do not have home IP addresses.  After authenticating the
registration request from such a mobile node, the home agent is then
expected to assign a home addresses to the mobile node in the
registration reply to be used on a semi-permanent basis.
Unfortunately, no specific mechanism has yet been proposed.  Ideally,
as DHCP centralizes address management, a home agent should contact a
DHCP server to allocate an address for the mobile node, thereby
preserving DHCP as the central address maintainer.  The technology
does exist for a Home Agent to use DHCP controlled addresses, namely
for the Home Agent to behave as a DHCP proxy agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-glass-mobileip-agent-dhcp-proxy-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-glass-mobileip-agent-dhcp-proxy-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-glass-mobileip-agent-dhcp-proxy-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.