Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-malinen-mobileip-reg6fwd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 07:36:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 Regional Forwarding
	Author(s)	: J. Malinen, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-malinen-mobileip-reg6fwd-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 08-Mar-01
	
Data forwarding to a Mobile IPv6 mobile node employs either
encapsulation or routing header -based forwarding, latter when using
route optimization.  Forwarding through a domain with hierarchical
extensions to Mobile IPv6 by default uses encapsulation to pass
route-optimized packets over the last hop to the mobile node.
However, it is highly desirable to avoid the overhead of sending
an extra 40 byte encapsulation header per packet over the last
hop.  This document describes Mobile IPv6 regional forwarding which
is an optional optimized data forwarding method.  It avoids the
encapsulation header and can be used e.g. with Mobile IPv6 Regional
Registrations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malinen-mobileip-reg6fwd-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-malinen-mobileip-reg6fwd-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-malinen-mobileip-reg6fwd-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.