Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 06:52:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Zero Configuration Networking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Dynamic Configuration of IPv4 link-local addresses
	Author(s)	: S. Cheshire, B. Aboba
	Filename	: draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 05-Mar-01
	
As the Internet Protocol continues to increase in popularity as a
global communication system, it becomes increasingly valuable to be
able to use familiar IP tools such as ftp for local communication as
well. For example, two people with laptop computers with built-in
wireless Ethernet may meet and wish to exchange files. It is
desirable for these people to be able to use IP application software
without the inconvenience of having to manually configure static IP
addresses or set up a DHCP [RFC 2131] server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.