Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-francis-ipngwg-unique-site-local-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 07:19:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Near-Unique Site-Local Addresses
	Author(s)	: P. Francis
	Filename	: draft-francis-ipngwg-unique-site-local-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 28-Feb-01
	
For many or most sites, site-local addresses are used for packets 
between nodes within the site.  The fact that site-local addresses 
are not globally unique makes their usage and administration more 
difficult than they would be if there were globally unique (or 
nearly globally unique).  For instance, before two sites can be 
merged, one of them has to be renumbered.  The meaning of site-local 
addresses becomes ambiguous when they are taken out of the immediate 
context of the IPv6 layer, for instance when they are conveyed in 
email or stored in text files.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-francis-ipngwg-unique-site-local-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-francis-ipngwg-unique-site-local-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-francis-ipngwg-unique-site-local-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.