Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-polk-sip-mlpp-mapping-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 07:36:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Precedence mapping to MLPP Interworking
	Author(s)	: J. Polk
	Filename	: draft-polk-sip-mlpp-mapping-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 08-Mar-01
	
This document describes an extension to the Session Initiation 
Protocol [1] to allow SIP (and IP) into existing Voice Backbone
Infrastructures that require Multi-Level Precedence and Pre-
emption [2] Service throughout those networks. This document 
will also allow MLPP networks that are ISDN-based now to evolve/
migrate or be replaced by a SIP-based Voice Signaling network 
with no loss in capability of that original network. More likely
is the case that additional functionality and capabilities can 
be realized such as mobility and reduced user headaches (ex-
plained later) with SIP being MLPP enabled within a network 
infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-sip-mlpp-mapping-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-polk-sip-mlpp-mapping-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-polk-sip-mlpp-mapping-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.