Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-krishnamurthi-mobileip-buffer6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 07:34:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Buffer Management for Smooth HandOvers in Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: G. Krishnamurthi, R. Chalmers, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-krishnamurthi-mobileip-buffer6-01.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 08-Mar-01
	
Real-time applications like VoIP in mobile networks need smooth
handovers in order to minimize or eliminate packet loss as a mobile
node (MN) transitions between network links.  This document defines
a buffering mechanism for IPv6 by which an MN can request that the
router on its current subnet buffers packets on its behalf while the
MN completes registration procedures with the router of a new subnet.
Once the registration is complete and the MN has a valid care-of
address in the new network, the buffered packets can be forwarded
from the previous router, thus reducing the possibility of packet
loss during the transition

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krishnamurthi-mobileip-buffer6-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-krishnamurthi-mobileip-buffer6-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-krishnamurthi-mobileip-buffer6-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.