Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 06:51:11 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Connecting IPv6 Domains across IPv4 Clouds with BGP
	Author(s)	: J. De Clercq, G. Gastaud, T. Nguyen,
                          D. Ooms, S. Prevost
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 05-Mar-01
	
This document specifies a mechanism for IPv6 islands (in this
document an IPv6 island typically consists of a number of IPv6 sites
and a Provider Edge (PE) router to which the sites are connected) to
communicate with each other over an IPv4 core network without
explicit tunnel setup, requiring only one IPv4 address (and a derived
IPv4-compatible IPv6 address) per IPv6 island.  The IPv6 island needs
one dual stack MP-BGP-speaking edge router, e.g. the PE router.  The
hosts in the IPv6 islands can use native IPv6 addresses.  The method
uses MP-BGP in the edge routers to exchange IPv6 reachability
information between the IPv6 islands.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-bgp-tunnel-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.