Subject: Document Action: Request to Move STD 39 to Historic Status to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:30:16 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Request to Move STD 39 to
Historic Status' <draft-ymbk-std39-historic-01.txt> as an Informational
RFC. This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.  The IESG contact person is Scott Bradner.

Approval of this document results in STD39, BBN Report 1822
"Specification for the Interconnection of a Host and an IMP" being
reclassified as an Historic Document.

Technical Summary
 
 During a review of Internet standards, it was brought to the attention of
 the IESG that the ARPANET Host-IMP protocol, was still listed as an
 Internet Standard, STD 39.  Since this protocol has not been in use in the
 public Internet for well over a decade, the IESG has reclassified it to
 historic.

 The memo "Request to Move STD 39 to Historic Status" is being published as
 an Informational RFC to document the change in status for the historical
 record.

Working Group Summary

 There were no objections to this proposal during a 4-week IETF Last-Call.

Protocol Quality

 This proposal and document were reviewed for the IESG by Scott Bradner.