Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-aodv-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 07:36:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Ad Hoc On Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, E. Royer, S. Das
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-aodv-08.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 08-Mar-01
	
The Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) routing protocol is
intended for use by mobile nodes in an ad hoc network.  It offers
quick adaptation to dynamic link conditions, low processing and
memory overhead, low network utilization, and determines unicast
between sources and destinations.  It uses destination sequence
numbers to ensure loop freedom at all times (even in the face of
anomalous delivery of routing control messages), solving problems
(such as ``counting to infinity'') associated with classical distance
vector protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-aodv-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-aodv-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-aodv-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.