Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tsao-mobileip-dualstack-model-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 06:43:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobility Support for IPv4 and IPv6 Interconnected 
                          Networks based on Dual-Stack Model
	Author(s)	: S. Tsao, J. Liu, W. Boehm
	Filename	: draft-tsao-mobileip-dualstack-model-02.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 02-Mar-01
	
To support IP mobility, mobile IPv4 was designed for IPv4 network 
and the mobility extension for IPv6 has been also drafted. However, 
mobile IPv4 and mobile IPv6 are not compatible to each other so 
that a mobile IPv4 host can not function properly while it changes 
its point of attachment to IPv6 networks and vice versa. The 
document specifies an architecture and mechanisms to solve mobility 
problems in IPv4 and IPv6 interconnected networks. The solution 
presents a dual stack model that implements a new address mapper 
on mobile hosts. The address mapper on a mobile host associates the 
home address in one protocol such as IPv4 with a care-of-address 
in the other protocol, i.e. IPv6. It dispatches IPv4/IPv6 packets 
to proper layers of the protocol stack, and provides transparent 
services to upper layers regardless of the attached networks. 
Therefore, the new architecture facilitates the mobility of hosts 
in IPv4 and IPv6 interconnected networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsao-mobileip-dualstack-model-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tsao-mobileip-dualstack-model-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tsao-mobileip-dualstack-model-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.