Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-secsh-transport-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 06:51:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Shell Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SSH Transport Layer Protocol
	Author(s)	: T. Ylonen, T. Kivinen, M. Saarinen,
                          T. Rinne, S. Lehtinen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-secsh-transport-10.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 05-Mar-01
	
The Secure Shell Remote Login Protocol is a protocol for secure remote
login and other secure network services over an insecure network.  This
document describes the Secure Shell transport layer protocol which typi-
cally runs on top of TCP/IP. The protocol can be used as a basis for a
number of secure network services. It provides strong encryption, server
authentication, and integrity protection. It may also provide compres-
sion.  Key exchange method, public key algorithm, symmetric encryption
algorithm, message authentication algorithm, and hash algorithm are all
negotiated.  This document also describes the Diffie-Hellman key
exchange method and the minimal set of algorithms that are needed to
implement the Secure Shell transport layer protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-transport-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-secsh-transport-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-transport-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.