Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pfautz-yu-enum-adm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 07:15:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ENUM Administrative Process in the U.S.A.
	Author(s)	: P. Pfautz, J. Yu
	Filename	: draft-pfautz-yu-enum-adm-01.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 30-Mar-01
	
This document considers administrative processes for ENUM and 
offers a general administrative model for an environment where 
number portability has been implemented.  The ENUM administrative 
process is a critical piece in making ENUM operational.  The 
administrative process involves several entities.  A telephony 
user's identity and his/her assignment of a telephone number must 
be validated before ENUM service can be granted.  Therefore, the 
entity that assigns telephone numbers (often but not always 
telephony user's telephony service provider) plays an important 
and sometimes necessary role in making the ENUM administrative 
process successful.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-yu-enum-adm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pfautz-yu-enum-adm-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pfautz-yu-enum-adm-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.