Subject: FYI 38, RFC 3098 on Advertising Responsibly

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:52:57 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        FYI 38
        RFC 3098

        Title:	    How to Advertise Responsibly Using E-Mail and
                    Newsgroups or - how NOT to 
                    $$$$$  MAKE ENEMIES FAST!  $$$$$ 
        Author(s):  E. Gavin, D. Eastlake 3rd, S. Hambridge
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 64687
        SeeAlso:    FYI38

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-run-adverts-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3098.txt

This memo offers useful suggestions for responsible advertising
techniques that can be used via the internet in an
environment where the advertiser, recipients, and the Internet
Community can coexist in a productive and mutually respectful fashion.
Some measure of clarity will also be added to the definitions,
dangers, and details inherent to Internet Marketing. 

This document is a product of the Responsible Use of the Network
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.