Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-netstrap-binary-encod-conver-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 07:06:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: METHOD OF ENCODING BINARY DATA (Version I)
	Author(s)	: A. Eiderman, I. Marelus
	Filename	: draft-netstrap-binary-encod-conver-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 04-Apr-01
	
A patent-pending method of encoding binary data for transfer between 
computers connected via a network, in which the encoded data 
optimally has an expansion ratio of about 1.22 (22%). Generally, the 
method relates to transfering binary data over the network using 94 
ASCII printable characters by fast encoding. Specifically, the 
method includes breaking the data into a plurality of chunks, and 
substantially performing some MOD and INT operations on these chunks 
according to predefined combinatorial conditions. NOTE: This RFC 
includes Background, Summary, and Detailed Description Sections - 
for those wanting to understand the method; and a Working Prototype 
(section 2.0) - for those wanting to quickly implement and measure 
the qualities of improvement described; specifically as 'C-LANGUAGE 
IMPLEMENTATION DEMO' (section 5.0).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-netstrap-binary-encod-conver-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-netstrap-binary-encod-conver-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-netstrap-binary-encod-conver-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.