Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-elwin-l2tpext-diffserv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 07:04:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Differentiated Services on L2TP Sessions
	Author(s)	: E. Stelzer, N. Gowda
	Filename	: draft-elwin-l2tpext-diffserv-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 09-Apr-01
	
L2TP provides layer-2 tunneling over long distances,   and a single L2TP
session is likely to carry different type of IP packets.  Currently, one
L2TP session carries only one payload session; for PPP session (payload)
the LCP controls the corresponding L2TP session.  Assigning one diffserv
code point to a L2TP session,  as  mentioned  in [ref-6] can not provide
differentiated services for the  different  kind  of IP packets that are
tunneled. For example, VoIP and FTP packets, will have to be treated the
same in the backbone,  even  though  the intermediate nodes are diffserv
capable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elwin-l2tpext-diffserv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-elwin-l2tpext-diffserv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elwin-l2tpext-diffserv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.