Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-usefor-article-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 06:50:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Usenet Article Standard Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: News Article Format
	Author(s)	: C. Lindsey
	Filename	: draft-ietf-usefor-article-04.txt
	Pages		: 96
	Date		: 06-Apr-01
	
This Draft defines the format of Netnews articles and specifies
the requirements to be met by software which originates,
distributes, stores and displays them. It is intended as a
standards track document, superseding RFC 1036, which itself dates
from 1987.
Since the 1980s, Usenet has grown explosively, and many Internet and
non-Internet sites now participate. In addition, this technology is
now in widespread use for other purposes.
Backward compatibility has been a major goal of this endeavour, but
where this standard and earlier documents or practices conflict, this
standard should be followed. In most such cases, current practice is
already compatible with these changes.
[The use of the words 'this standard' within this document when
referring to itself do not imply that this draft yet has pretensions to
be a standard, but rather indicates what will become the case if and
when it is accepted as an RFC with the status of a proposed or draft
standard.]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-usefor-article-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-usefor-article-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-usefor-article-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.