Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 07:16:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): The 'ippget' 
                          Delivery Method for Event Notifications
	Author(s)	: R. Herriot, C. Kugler, H. Lewis
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-03.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 12-Apr-01
	
This document describes an extension to the Internet Printing
Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [RFC2566, RFC2565] and IPP/1.1 [RFC2911, RFC2910].
This document specifies the 'ippget' Delivery Method for use with the
IPP Event Notification Specification [ipp-ntfy].The 'ippget' Delivery
Method is a 'pull and push' Delivery Method. That is, when an Event
occurs, the Printer saves the Event Notification for a period of time
called the Event Notification Lease Time.  The Notification Recipient
fetches (pulls) Event Notifications using the Get-Notifications
operation.  If the Notification Recipient has selected the option to
wait for additional Event Notifications, the Printer continues to
return (push) Event Notifications to the Notification Recipient as
Get-Notification responses as Events occur.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.