Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-install-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 07:16:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Printer Installation
                          Extension
	Author(s)	: H. Parra, T. Tronson, T. Hastings
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-install-03.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 12-Apr-01
	
This document describes an extension to the Internet Printing
Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [RFC2566, RFC2565] and IPP/1.1 [RFC2911, RFC2910].
Various client platforms require that some setting up take place at
the workstation before the client can properly submit jobs to a
specific printer.  This setup process is sometimes referred to as
printer installation.  Most clients need some information about the
printer being installed as well as support files to complete the
printer installation.  The nature of these 'Client Print Support
Files' varies depending on the specific client platform, from simple
configuration files to highly sophisticated printer drivers.  The
selection and installation process can be simplified and even
automated if the workstation can learn some key information about the
printer and which sets of Client Print Support Files are available.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-install-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-install-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-install-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.