Subject: Protocol Action: Constraint-Based LSP Setup using LDP to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:57:43 -0400

The IESG has approved the publication of the following Internet-Drafts:

o Constraint-Based LSP Setup using LDP <draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-05.txt>
  as a Proposed Standard.

o Applicability Statement for CR-LDP
  <draft-ietf-mpls-crldp-applic-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

o LSP Modification Using CR-LDP <draft-ietf-mpls-crlsp-modify-03.txt>
  as a Proposed Standard.

o LDP State Machine <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-state-04.txt> as an
  Informational RFC.

These documents are the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group. The IESG contact persons are David Oran and Rob Coltun.

Technical Summary
 
Constraint-based routing (CR) is a mechanism used to meet Traffic
Engineering requirements. These requirements may be met by extending
LDP for support of constraint-based routed label switched paths
(CR-LSPs).  These specifications propose an end-to-end setup mechanism
of a constraint-based routed LSP (CR-LSP) initiated by the ingress
LSR.  They define extensions to LDP and specifies mechanisms to provide
means for reservation of resources for new CR-LSPs, modification of the
resources for existing CR-LSPs (including re-routing) and the MIB for
LDP.

Working Group Summary

The working group supported this document and no issues were raised
during IETF Last-Call.

Protocol Quality

Rob Coltun has reviewed the spec for the IESG.  There are currently
multiple implementations of these specifications.