Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guo-tsvwg-ctfrc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 07:06:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CTFRC(Coupon TFRC)ú¦An enhanced version of TFRC 
                          Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: Y. Guo, C. Chen, Y. Zhao
	Filename	: draft-guo-tsvwg-ctfrc-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 04-Apr-01
	
This document proposes CTFRC (Coupon TFRC), an end-to-end congestion
control mechanism friendly to both continuous streams and TCP flows,
based on the modification of TFRC protocol and RED protocol. Taking 
account of the specific requirements of continuous streams, CTFRC 
protocol introduces a coupon function into TFRC to represent the 
bandwidth utilization of each stream, and revises RED to adjust drop 
probability according to the coupon value carried in each packet header.
It inherits the merits of TFRC and promotes the QoS for continuous 
streams to a much higher level.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guo-tsvwg-ctfrc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guo-tsvwg-ctfrc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guo-tsvwg-ctfrc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.