Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-ipnrg-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 06:59:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Interplanetary Internet (IPN):  Architectural 
                          Definition
	Author(s)	: V. Cerf et al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-ipnrg-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 58
	Date		: 18-May-01
	
This document describes the Interplanetary Internet: a communication 
system to provide Internet-like services across interplanetary 
distances in support of deep space exploration.  Our approach, which 
we refer to as bundling, builds a store-and-forward overlay network 
above the transport layers of underlying networks.  Bundling uses 
many of the techniques of electronic mail, but is directed toward 
interprocess communication, and is designed to operate in 
environments that have very long speed-of-light delays.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-ipnrg-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-ipnrg-arch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-ipnrg-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.