Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-ecc-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 07:02:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Use of ECC Algorithms in CMS
	Author(s)	: S. Blake-Wilson, D. Brown, P. Lambert
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-ecc-06.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 15-May-01
	
This document describes how to use Elliptic Curve Cryptography
(ECC) public-key algorithms in the Cryptographic Message Syntax
(CMS).  The ECC algorithms support the creation of digital
signatures and the exchange of keys to encrypt or authenticate
content.  The definition of the algorithm processing is based on
the ANSI X9.62 standard, developed by the ANSI X9F1 working group,
and the IEEE 1363 standard and the SEC 1 standard.  
The readers attention is called to the Intellectual Property Rights
section at the end of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-ecc-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-smime-ecc-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-ecc-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.