Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-urn-rfc2611bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 09:32:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: URN Namespace Definition Mechanisms
	Author(s)	: L. Daigle, D. van Gulik, R. Iannella, P. Faltstrom
	Filename	: draft-ietf-urn-rfc2611bis-03.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 08-May-01
	
The URN WG has defined a syntax for Uniform Resource Names (URNs)
[RFC2141], as well as some proposed mechanisms for their resolution
and use in Internet applications ([RFCXXXX], [RFCYYYY]).  The whole
rests on the concept of individual 'namespaces' within the URN
structure.  Apart from  proof-of-concept namespaces, the use of
existing identifiers in URNs has been discussed ([RFC2288]), and this
document lays out general definitions of and mechanisms for
establishing URN 'namespaces'.
This document obsoletes RFC2611.
Discussion of this document should be directed to [email-masked]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-rfc2611bis-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-urn-rfc2611bis-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-rfc2611bis-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.