Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-otis-record-delivery-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:21:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SCTP compatible delivery subsystem
	Author(s)	: D. Otis
	Filename	: draft-otis-record-delivery-01.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 09-May-01
	
This document is to allow record based equipment a common record 
offload layer suitable for other protocols.  As all storage protocols 
anticipate hardware acceleration, it becomes incumbent to provide 
this hardware a generic structure that can be applied to many 
protocols and yet allow an unencumbered feature set.  The structures 
defined for SCTP [RFC2960] were developed to provide record based 
solutions and are well suited for this common record offload layer.  
This document will assume either direct use of SCTP, a modified SCTP 
common header used as a TCP option, or this modified SCTP common 
header placed within the TCP byte stream.  SCTP conventions will be 
used to enable enhanced features such as connection recovery in lieu 
of other techniques.  The sequential handling of delineated records 
is done in accordance with SCTP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-record-delivery-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-otis-record-delivery-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-otis-record-delivery-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.