Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-arpa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:21:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Management Guidelines & Operational Requirements for 
                          the Internet Infrastructure Domain ('ARPA')
	Author(s)	: G. Huston
	Filename	: draft-iab-arpa-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 09-May-01
	
This memo describes the management and operational requirements for
the 'ARPA' domain. The 'ARPA' domain is used to support a class of
infrastructural identifier spaces, providing a distributed database
that translates elements of a structured name space derived from a
protocol family to service names. The efficient and reliable
operation of this DNS space is essential to the integrity of
operation of various services within the Internet. The Internet
Architecture Board has the responsibility, in cooperation with the
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, to manage the
domain name 'ARPA'. This document describes the principles used by
the IAB in undertaking this role.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-arpa-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iab-arpa-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iab-arpa-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.