Subject: RFC 3110 on RSA SIGs and KEYs in the DNS

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 15:32:58 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3110

        Title:	    RSA/SHA-1 SIGs and RSA KEYs in the Domain Name
                    System (DNS)
        Author(s):  D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       May 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14587
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-rsa-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3110.txt

This document describes how to produce RSA/SHA1 SIG resource records
(RRs) in Section 3 and, so as to completely replace RFC 2537,
describes how to produce RSA KEY RRs in Section 2.
 
Since the adoption of a Proposed Standard for RSA signatures in the
DNS (Domain Name Space), advances in hashing have been made.  A new
DNS signature algorithm is defined to make these advances available in
SIG RRs.  The use of the previously specified weaker mechanism is
deprecated.  The algorithm number of the RSA KEY RR is changed to
correspond to this new SIG algorithm.  No other changes are made to
DNS security.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.