Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-harrison-avt-rtpkeys-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 07:37:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for Keying-Information Stream (KS)
	Author(s)	: C. Harrison
	Filename	: draft-harrison-avt-rtpkeys-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 30-Apr-01
	
[Note: This draft is preliminary and is believed to contain errors
and omissions.]
This memo describes an RTP payload format (KS) which transports
cryptographic key information for encrypted media streams.  The media
streams themselves are transported independently, and may or may not
be carried by RTP.  The KS payload format makes particular provision
for media carried by SRTP [4].  The payload carried over KS contains
the information necessary for seamlessly applying new decryption keys
during an active session, by means of byte-granularity pointers
referencing into the protected stream.  The KS payload is based on
CMS [2] and is scalable to a wide variety of streaming media

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harrison-avt-rtpkeys-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-harrison-avt-rtpkeys-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-harrison-avt-rtpkeys-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.