Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xu-bgp-gmpls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 07:01:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A BGP/GMPLS Solution for Inter-Domain Optical 
                          Networking
	Author(s)	: Y. Xu
	Filename	: draft-xu-bgp-gmpls-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 23-May-01
	
This document describes a method by which customer can request circuit 
connection through multiple providers. The target environment is the 
transport network backbone, where customers are ISPs, CLECs, ILECs etc. 
and providers are IXCs, carriers' carrier etc. BGP is used to 
disseminate route and calculate the circuit path over the transport 
backbone networks, and GMPLS is used as signaling for the connection 
operations. The primary goal is to support customer network Network 
Engineering function to adjust its layer 1 network topology in a 
multi-provider environment, which is typical in today's transport 
backbone. This method is very flexible and scalable. It support various
applications including optical VPN. It is essential to achieve true 
end-to-end automatic switched network, which will dramatically reduce 
the network operation cost.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-bgp-gmpls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-xu-bgp-gmpls-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xu-bgp-gmpls-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.