Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-selection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 07:03:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Default Router Preferences and More-Specific Routes
	Author(s)	: R. Draves
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-selection-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 21-May-01
	
This document describes an optional extension to Neighbor Discovery 
Router Advertisement messages for communicating default router 
preferences and more-specific routes from routers to hosts. This 
improves the ability of hosts to pick an appropriate router, 
especially when the host is multi-homed and the routers are on 
different links. The preference values and specific routes 
advertised to hosts require administrative configuration; they are 
not automatically derived from routing tables.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-selection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-selection-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-selection-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.