Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-greenblatt-dn-type-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 06:52:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Control for requesting DN object class in LDAP
	Author(s)	: B. Greenblatt
	Filename	: draft-greenblatt-dn-type-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 03-May-01
	
There are many circumstances in LDAP [1] when the result of a Search 
operation returns attribute values that have the distinguished name 
(DN) syntax.  This document defines controls that allow the client 
to request that the server tag each DN with its object classes.  
This is a useful feature because object classes such as groups [3] 
may hold many DNs, each of which is a potentially different object 
class.  When using this control in a search, the LDAP client request 
that the server return the object classes of each DN that is an 
attribute value of the search result.  This control also defines a 
way to limit the kinds of DNs that should be returned in a Search 
result.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-greenblatt-dn-type-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-greenblatt-dn-type-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-greenblatt-dn-type-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.