Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pate-pwe3-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 06:59:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Framework for Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge-to-Edge 
                          (PWE3)
	Author(s)	: P. Pate et al.
	Filename	: draft-pate-pwe3-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 18-May-01
	
This document describes a framework for Pseudo Wires Emulation Edge-
to-Edge (PWE3).  It discusses the emulation of circuits (such as T1,
E1, T3 and E3) and services (such as ATM and Frame relay) over packet
networks using IP, L2TP or MPLS for transport.  It presents an
architectural framework for pseudo wires, defines terminology,
specifies the various protocol elements and their functions,
overviews some of the services that will be supported and discusses
how pseudo wires fit into the broader context of protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pate-pwe3-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pate-pwe3-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pate-pwe3-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.