Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ezaki-handoff-xcast-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 06:46:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 handoff by Explicit Multicast
	Author(s)	: Y. Ezaki, Y. Imai
	Filename	: draft-ezaki-handoff-xcast-01.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 29-May-01
	
For a handoff action using the mobile IPv6, we need two functions: 
re-routing on the wired region of the network and the activation of the 
air-link on the wireless region. In this architecture, a possibility of 
small break for a session is still large by the signaling overhead between Home Agent and Mobile Node (MN). We propose a new handoff method using the Explicit Multicast (xcast) technique. On the wired section, control/user packets are multicasted by xcast scheme to the Base Stations where MN can receive, then packets are passed to the air-link activated between a BS and the MN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ezaki-handoff-xcast-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ezaki-handoff-xcast-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ezaki-handoff-xcast-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.