Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-reynolds-mobile-isp-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 06:55:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile Internet Service Provider (MISP) Requirements 
                          for a Wireless Internet Framework (WIF)
	Author(s)	: P. Reynolds
	Filename	: draft-reynolds-mobile-isp-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 17-May-01
	
The growth in mobile terminal access to the Internet has been one of 
the greatest growth areas in the past year. Indeed the so-called 3rd 
generation mobile networks being designed are premised upon Internet 
services and protocols. Both mobility and wireless access bring with 
them unique requirements that needs to be addressed within the 
Internet community such as address space and limited access 
bandwidth. This document is a synthesis of a yearlong study of 
mobile operators and mobile ISPs to crystallise these unique 
requirements. These are provided for guidance and are not intended 
to be prescriptive on the current Internet Architectural Framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reynolds-mobile-isp-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-reynolds-mobile-isp-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-reynolds-mobile-isp-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.