Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-eos-snmpbulk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:20:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Evolution of SNMP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Efficient Transfer of Bulk SNMP Data
	Author(s)	: S. Chandragiri
	Filename	: draft-ietf-eos-snmpbulk-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 09-May-01
	
Managing networks and network devices using the Internet Standard 
Management Framework often requires the retrieval of significant 
amounts of MIB data via SNMP, which can result in large latency, 
increased network overhead, and other problems. This memo discusses 
the need for an efficient mechanism for transferring large amounts 
of SNMP data and explores possible solutions for overcoming the 
current limitations of the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eos-snmpbulk-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-eos-snmpbulk-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eos-snmpbulk-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.