Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 07:25:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Generalized MPLS - Signaling Functional Description
	Author(s)	: P. Ashwood-Smith et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-04.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 02-May-01
	
This document describes extensions to MPLS signaling required to
support Generalized MPLS.  Generalized MPLS extends the MPLS control
plane to encompass time-division (e.g. SONET ADMs), wavelength
(optical lambdas) and spatial switching (e.g. incoming port or fiber
to outgoing port or fiber).  This document presents a functional
description of the extensions.  Protocol specific formats and
mechanisms are specified in [GMPLS-RSVP] and [GMPLS-LDP].  Technology
specific details are expected to be specified in independent
technology specific documents, e.g., [GMPLS-SONET].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.