Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-urien-smarttp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 07:01:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SmartTP Smart Transfer Protocol
	Author(s)	: P. Urien
	Filename	: draft-urien-smarttp-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 05-Jun-01
	
This note describes a protocol named Smart Transfer Protocol
(SmartTP).This protocol defines data exchange mechanisms, which
overcome ISO 7816 standard constraints, and which have been designed
in order to transform a smartcard or an embedded system, into an
internet node. This function is achieved through a cooperation
between a terminal and an ICC, which allows the ICC to share the
terminal TCP/IP stack.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-urien-smarttp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-urien-smarttp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-urien-smarttp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.