Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-faltstrom-registry-registrar-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 06:46:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Explanation of the registry/registrar concept
	Author(s)	: P. Faltstrom
	Filename	: draft-faltstrom-registry-registrar-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 14-Jun-01
	
In discussions between IETF and ITU regarding administration of
services specificed according to RFC 2916 [ENUM], it is observed
that several documents talk about registries and registrars
in a way which is not in accordance with normal use in the DNS.

To help the discussions, IETF has via the ISOC Sector Membership
in ITU-T submitted this text to the Q.1/2 Rapporteurs meeting in
Oslo 25th - 29th June 2001.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-faltstrom-registry-registrar-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-faltstrom-registry-registrar-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-faltstrom-registry-registrar-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.