Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-aceid-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:59:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Name Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Proposal for a determining process of ACE identifier
	Author(s)	: N. Maruyama, Y. Yoneya
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idn-aceid-02.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 20-Jun-01
	
In IETF IDN WG, various kinds of ASCII Compatible Encodings,
hereafter abbreviated as 'ACE', are discussed as methods for realizing
multilingual domain names (hereafter referred to as 'MDN').  Each ACE
uses a prefix or a suffix as an identifier in order for MDNs to fit
within the existing ASCII domain name space.  In other words,
acceptance of an ACE proposal as an Internet standard means that the
existing ASCII domain name space will be partitioned, in order to
accommodate MDN space.
This document describes possible trouble in the standardization
process of ACE, and proposes a solution for it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-aceid-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idn-aceid-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-aceid-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.