Subject: RFC 3123 on DNS APL RR

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:41:04 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3123

        Title:	    A DNS RR Type for Lists of Address Prefixes 
                    (APL RR) 
        Author(s):  P. Koch
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       June 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14648
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-apl-rr-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3123.txt

The Domain Name System (DNS) is primarily used to translate domain
names into IPv4 addresses using A RRs (Resource Records).  Several
approaches exist to describe networks or address ranges.
This document specifies a new DNS RR type "APL" for address prefix
lists.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.