Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ylee-protection-occ-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 07:02:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Protection Scheme for Optical Channel Concatenation
	Author(s)	: Y. Lee et al.
	Filename	: draft-ylee-protection-occ-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 26-Jun-01
	
This paper provides a framework for a protection scheme in the context 
of optical channel concatenation (OCC). The need and requirements for 
optical channel concatenation is addressed in a separate IETF draft, 
draft-damle-optical-channel-concatenation-00.txt,which has been 
submitted concurrently.  This paper bascially provides mechanisms for
faster failure detection and propagation of failure for concatenated
optical channels.  Standard-based MPLS protection schemes can be
employed for the actual rerouting of traffic utilizing the detection 
and propagation mechanisms demonstrated in this paper.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ylee-protection-occ-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ylee-protection-occ-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ylee-protection-occ-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.