Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-feather-hashed-uri-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 07:08:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Hashed URI
	Author(s)	: C. Feather
	Filename	: draft-feather-hashed-uri-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 08-Jun-01
	
There are situations where it is desirable to determine whether two
URIs are identical without revealing the value of one or the other if 
they are not. For example, the publisher of filtering software may want 
to provide a set of URLs to be filtered without identifying the actual 
resources in question.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-feather-hashed-uri-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-feather-hashed-uri-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-feather-hashed-uri-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.