Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sip-http-pnonce-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:45:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Request Header Integrity in SIP and HTTP Digest using
                          Predictive Nonces
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-sip-http-pnonce-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 18-Jun-01
	
The HTTP Digest algorithm, specified in RFC 2617, allows for
authentication of a request, along with integrity checks over the
method, request URI, and optionally, the body. HTTP Digest is the
primary client authentication mechanism used by SIP. However, Digest
does not provide for integrity checks over several key SIP headers,
including the To, From, Call-ID and Contact headers. We define a
mechanism for supporting integrity over these headers, using a new
algorithm we call predictive nonces. The mechanism requires no
changes in clients, and no protocol changes. It requires only a
change in the way the nonce is computed by servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-http-pnonce-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-sip-http-pnonce-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-http-pnonce-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.