Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-naveen-l2tpext-sessupdate-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:05:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: L2TP Session Update Mechanism
	Author(s)	: N. Gowda, E. Stelzer, U. Sirsiwal
	Filename	: draft-naveen-l2tpext-sessupdate-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 11-Jun-01
	
Once a L2TP session is established, the current standard [RFC 2661]
has no explicit mechanism to update the session characteristics,
during the life of the session, between the L2TP tunnel
endpoints. One such requirement for this mechanism is, LNS informing
LAC about the PPP-user's service characteristics, so that
user-specific service actions can be applied at LAC. Eg: DSCP
marking.
There is a need for additional messages that will address similar
requirements. Two additional messages are defined in this draft for
this.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-naveen-l2tpext-sessupdate-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-naveen-l2tpext-sessupdate-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-naveen-l2tpext-sessupdate-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.