Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-monia-ips-mfcp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 06:59:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: mFCP - Metro FCP protocol for IP Networking
	Author(s)	: R. Mullendore, C. Monia, J. Tseng
	Filename	: draft-monia-ips-mfcp-01.txt
	Pages		: 51
	Date		: 01-Jun-01
	
This document describes mFCP, a UDP-based [UDP] implementation
of the iFCP Fibre Channel Protocol [iFCP] over metro- and
local-scale IP networks.  These networks are provisioned to
have latency, reliability, and performance levels comparable to
that of a Fibre Channel network. Storage devices use the Fibre
Channel SCSI mapping in [FCP] for data transport and error
recovery.  mFCP leverages these existing mechanisms to
facilitate high-performance interconnection of Fibre Channel-
based storage devices over suitably provisioned IP networks. As
in the case of iFCP, fibre channel frames may be transported
natively over such a network without Fibre Channel switching
and routing elements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-monia-ips-mfcp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-monia-ips-mfcp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-monia-ips-mfcp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.