Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vaudreuil-1892bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:50:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Multipart/Report Content Type for the Reporting of
                          Mail System Administrative Messages
	Author(s)	: G. Vaudreuil
	Filename	: draft-vaudreuil-1892bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 19-Jun-01
	
The Multipart/Report MIME content-type is a general 'family' or 
'container' type for electronic mail reports of any kind. Although 
this memo defines only the use of the Multipart/Report content-type 
with respect to delivery status reports, mail processing programs will 
benefit if a single content-type is used to for all kinds of reports. 
This document is part of a four document set describing the delivery 
status report service.  This collection includes the SMTP extensions 
to request delivery status reports, a MIME content for the reporting 
of delivery reports, an enumeration of extended status codes, and this 
document describing a multipart container for the delivery report, the 
original message, and a human-friendly summary of the failure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-1892bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vaudreuil-1892bis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-1892bis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.