Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cheng-gmpls-dynamic-trunking-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:28:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GMPLS Extensions for Dynamic Trunking
	Author(s)	: D. Cheng
	Filename	: draft-cheng-gmpls-dynamic-trunking-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 19-Jun-01
	
Currently the GMPLS signaling requires to include a 'LSP Encoding
Type' in the Generalized Label Request ([GMPLS-SIG]), which indicates
the encoding of the LSP being requested. Upon receiving a RSVP PATH
message or CR-LDP REQUEST message that contains a Generalized Label 
Request, a LSR must verify if the receiving and transmitting interface
can support the LSP. In particular on the transmitting side, the node
either finds an interface that has the same switching class, among 
other requirements, or it may use a FA-LSP, i.e., another class of
switching.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheng-gmpls-dynamic-trunking-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cheng-gmpls-dynamic-trunking-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cheng-gmpls-dynamic-trunking-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.