Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-subbarao-mobileip-redundancy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:05:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Home Agent Redundancy in Mobile IP
	Author(s)	: K. Leung, M. Subbarao
	Filename	: draft-subbarao-mobileip-redundancy-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 11-Jun-01
	
In Mobile IP, a Home Agent (HA) creates a mobility binding table
that tracks the association of a Mobile Node's (MN) home address with
its current Care-of Address (CoA).  If the HA fails, the mobility
binding table will be lost and all MNs registered with the HA will
lose connectivity.  In this draft, we propose a Mobile IP Home Agent
Redundancy framework mechanism that provides the essential robust
redundancy needed at the HA.  The mechanism described herein can also
be used to provide the redundancy needed at any 'regional/local' HAs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-subbarao-mobileip-redundancy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-subbarao-mobileip-redundancy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-subbarao-mobileip-redundancy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.