Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wang-te-hybrid-approach-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 06:58:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Scalable and Hybrid IP Network Traffic Engineering 
                          Approach
	Author(s)	: Y. Wang, L. Zhang
	Filename	: draft-wang-te-hybrid-approach-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 04-Jun-01
	
Currently a common approach to IP network traffic engineering is
the overlay approach where explicit end to end MPLS LSPs between all
possible edge nodes are established to form a full mesh virtual network
on top of the physical topology. By carefully choosing the routes for
these LSPs, one can completely control how traffic flows across the 
network and therefore achieve any given traffic engineering objective. 
However scalability is a serious concern with this approach because it
requires N square number of LSPs where N is the number of nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-te-hybrid-approach-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wang-te-hybrid-approach-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wang-te-hybrid-approach-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.