Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-justification-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:11:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPsec over NAT Justification for UDP Encapsulation
	Author(s)	: W. Dixon et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-justification-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 21-Jun-01
	
This draft explains the design justification and alternatives for 
two IPsec over NAT drafts, UDP Encapsulation of IPsec Packets, 
[Hutt01] and [Kiv00].  This draft sets the requirements for a 
solution in terms of scenarios in which NAT is used, and NAT 
operations.  This draft is specifies the requirements for IPsec NAT 
traversal, scenarios these extensions enable, and design rationale 
for the proposed solution.  This draft assumes that the reader is 
familiar with the interactions of NAT with IPsec documented in 
[Aboba04].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-justification-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-justification-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-justification-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.