Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hk-seamoby-ct-ipsec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 06:47:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPSec Context Transfer
	Author(s)	: L. Hamer, B. Kosinski
	Filename	: draft-hk-seamoby-ct-ipsec-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 31-May-01
	
There are a large number of IP access networks where one may wish to 
provide security for end user traffic, or secure the access network 
from unauthorized traffic.  One protocol which may be used to 
provide these services is IPSec, which requires a node to establish 
a security association with the access network in order to obtain 
these services.  Traditionally, such an association is considered 
static, however, there are many situations in which the ability to 
move an IPSec security association (SA) from one security gateway 
(SG) to another within the access network may be beneficial. 
Examples of this include IPSec handover in mobile LANs and PANs, 
load-balancing between IPSec SGs, and fail-over applications where 
high-availability is required.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hk-seamoby-ct-ipsec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hk-seamoby-ct-ipsec-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hk-seamoby-ct-ipsec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.