Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:59:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP (v3) Revision Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3): Attribute 
                          Syntax Definitions
	Author(s)	: K. Dally
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-00.txt
	Pages		: 50
	Date		: 20-Jun-01
	
The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) [1] requires that 
the contents of AttributeValue fields in protocol elements be octet 
strings.  This document defines a set of syntaxes for LDAPv3, and 
the rules by which attribute values of these syntaxes are represented
in the LDAP protocol.  The syntaxes defined in this document are 
referenced by this and other documents that define attribute types.  
In addition to defining the set of attribute syntaxes which LDAP 
servers should support, this document defines other schema elements 
(mandatory and optional) that are common to all LDAP servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.