Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-costello-idn-amc-ace-z-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 07:05:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: AMC-ACE-Z version 0.2.1
	Author(s)	: A. Costello
	Filename	: draft-costello-idn-amc-ace-z-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 11-Jul-01
	
AMC-ACE-Z is a simple and efficient ASCII-Compatible Encoding (ACE)
designed for use with Internationalized Domain Names [IDN] [IDNA].
It transforms a Unicode string [UNICODE] into a string of characters
allowed in hostname labels (ASCII letters, digits, and hyphens)
and back again.  AMC-ACE-Z is an instance of Bootstring that uses
particular parameter values appropriate for IDNA and uses an IDNA
signature prefix.  Bootstring allows a string of basic code points
to uniquely represent any string of code points drawn from a larger
set.  This document specifies Bootstring and the parameter values
for AMC-ACE-Z.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-costello-idn-amc-ace-z-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-costello-idn-amc-ace-z-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-costello-idn-amc-ace-z-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.