Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nguyen-bgp-ipv6-vpn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:55:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP-MPLS VPN extension for IPv6 VPN over an IPv4 
                          infrastructure
	Author(s)	: T. Nguyen, G. Gastaud, D. Ooms,
                          J. De Clercq, M. Carugi
	Filename	: draft-nguyen-bgp-ipv6-vpn-02.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 29-Jun-01
	
This document describes a method by which a Service Provider may  use
an MPLS enabled IPv4 backbone to provide Virtual Private Networks for
its IPv6 customers. This proposal makes use of the  method  to  build
network  based  VPNs  described  in the Internet draft 'BGP/MPLS VPN'
[2547bis]. In BGP/MPLS VPN, MPLS is used to forward packets over  the
backbone, and 'Multiprotocol BGP' is used for distributing VPN routes
over the service provider backbone. This document defines an IPv6 VPN
address  family  and  describes  the  route distribution and the MPLS
tunnel selection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-bgp-ipv6-vpn-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nguyen-bgp-ipv6-vpn-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-bgp-ipv6-vpn-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.