Subject: Protocol Action: BGP4/IDRP for IP---OSPF Interaction to Historic Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:29:14 -0400

The IESG has approved reclassifying RFC1745, BGP4/IDRP for IP---OSPF
Interaction, as a Historic Standard. The original document was a
product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF and is
currently a Proposed Standard.

The IESG also approved publication of Request to Move RFC1745 to
Historic Status <draft-meyer-rfc1745-historic-00.txt> as an
Informational RFC.

The IESG Contact persons are Rob Coltun and Abha Ahuja.

Technical Summary
 
RFC 1745 describes the interaction between BGP4 and OSPF
that were commonly used at some point in time and the interaction between
IDRP for IP and OSPF that were proposed for IDRP and OSPF interaction.
These methods are no longer used in practice (for BGP4 and OSPF)
and were never used in the IDRP and OSPF case.
The presence of RFC 1745 as an active RFC has caused some confusion in
the recent past. draft-meyer-rfc1745-historic-00.txt explains
the motivation for moving RFC 1745 to historic.

Working Group Summary

There was no significant dissent for this document action.