Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-huitema-shipworm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:00:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Shipworm: Tunneling IPv6 over UDP through NATs
	Author(s)	: C. Huitema
	Filename	: draft-huitema-shipworm-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 17-Jul-01
	
We propose here a service that would enable nodes located behind one 
or several IPv4 NATs to obtain IPv6 connectivity by tunneling 
packets over UDP; we call this the Shipworm service. The 
establishment of the tunnel is automatic, and does not require any 
configuration parameters on the client. Running the service requires 
the help of 'Shipworm servers' and 'Shipworm relays'; the Shipworm 
servers are stateless, and only have to manage a small fraction of 
the traffic between Shipworm clients; the Shipworm relays act as 
IPv6 routers between the Shipworm service and the 'native' IPv6 
Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huitema-shipworm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-huitema-shipworm-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-huitema-shipworm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.