Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mcdysan-diffserv-consistent-meter-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 06:58:30 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Consistent Metering in Diffserv Traffic Conditioning
	Author(s)	: D. McDysan et al.
	Filename	: draft-mcdysan-diffserv-consistent-meter-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 13-Jul-01
	
Metering is typically performed at the edge of a Diffserv-aware 
network where customer traffic is checked for conformance or else 
where networks interconnect using shaping/policing as a practical 
matter in IP networks. This document describes the importance of the 
consistent metering in Diffserv traffic conditioning. This document 
also proposes the concepts and the associated details to be adapted 
by Diffserv informal model [DIFFSERV-MODEL] to achieve the desired 
consistency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcdysan-diffserv-consistent-meter-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mcdysan-diffserv-consistent-meter-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mcdysan-diffserv-consistent-meter-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.