Subject: 51st IETF - IP Storage WG (ips)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:30:43 -0400

IP Storage WG (ips)

Monday, August 06 at 1930-2200
Tuesday, August 07 at 0900-1130
==================================

CHAIRS: David Black <[email-masked]>
        Elizabeth Rodriguez <[email-masked]>

AGENDA: SUBJECT TO CHANGE

NOTE: The London IETF meetings conflict with T11 meetings (T11 is the
standards
        organization for Fibre Channel).  Therefore the IP Storage Working
Group will
        not be able to work on the FCIP or iFCP protocols or related items
in London.

INTERIM MEETING: August 27-28, Orange County, CA, USA
        Main topics will be Fibre Channel related protocols (FCIP and iFCP)
and
        Security for all IPS protocols (iSCSI, FCIP, and iFCP).  An
announcement
        with location and additional details is available at:
                http://www.pdl.cmu.edu/mailinglists/ips/mail/msg05297.html

---- Monday, August 6, 1930-2200 ----

- Agenda Bashing and Administrivia (10 min)

- iSCSI Plugfest Results and Discussion (30 min)

- iSCSI Security (35 min)
        draft-black-ips-iscsi-security-00.txt

        NOTE: This draft covers both security requirements and SRP keying.
        Use of IKE for keying and considerations for selecting ESP
algorithms
        (authentication and encryption) for iSCSI will also be discussed.

- iSCSI Framing Mechanism Requirements (30 min)
        draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-ulp-frame-00.txt

        NOTE: The contents of this draft will be discussed in TSVWG.  This
IPS WG
                time is to discuss iSCSI requirements for use of these
mechanisms.

- iSCSI (45 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-07.txt

        Includes Error Recovery

---- Tuesday, August 21, 0900-1130 ----

- Agenda Bashing and Administrivia (5 min)

- iSCSI [continued] (65 minutes)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-07.txt

        Includes opportunities for simplification.

- iSCSI Naming and Discovery Requirements (45 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-02.txt

        Includes mapping of SAM-2 SCSI abstractions to iSCSI and
consequences.

- Use of SLP and iSNS with ISCSI (20 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-slp-01.txt
        draft-ietf-ips-isns-04.txt

- iSNS MIB (5 min)
        draft-gibbons-isnsmib-00.txt

        NOTE: The authors would like the WG to adopt this as an official
work item.

- iSCSI MIB (10 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-mib-02.txt

        UML model diagram available at:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/iscsi/Visio-ietf-iscsi-uml-model-02.pdf
        Table structure diagram available at:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/iscsi/Visio-ietf-iscsi-mib-structure-02.pdf

DESCRIPTION:

        The IP Storage WG works on using IP-based networks to transport
block storage
        traffic.  See http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ips-charter.html