Subject: Protocol Action: RADIUS and IPv6 to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:30:06 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'RADIUS and IPv6'
<draft-aboba-radius-ipv6-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This has been
reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working Group.
The IESG contact persons Randy Bush and Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary
 
 This document specifies the operation of RADIUS over IPv6 as well as the
 RADIUS attributes used to support IPv6 network access.  A NAS sending a
 RADIUS Access-Request may not know a-priori whether the host will be using
 IPv4, IPv6, or both.  Therefore it is presumed that the IPv6 attributes
 described may be sent along with IPv4-related attributes within the same
 RADIUS message and that the NAS will decide which attributes to use. The
 NAS should only allocate addresses and prefixes that the client can
 actually use.

Working Group Summary

 There was no technical comment during IETF last call.

Protocol Quality

 The document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush.