Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-boudani-simple-xcast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:58:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simple Explicit Multicast (SEM)
	Author(s)	: A. Boudani, B. Cousin
	Filename	: draft-boudani-simple-xcast-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 02-Jul-01
	
In this document, we propose a new multicast protocol called 
SEM (Simple Explicit Multicast) or simple Xcast[1]. This 
protocol uses an efficient method to construct the multicast 
tree and deliver multicast packets. 
In order to construct the multicast tree, this protocol uses
the same mecanism as Xcast+[2]. 
For the delivery of multicast packets it uses the mechanism 
of branching routers similar to the mechanism used in REUNITE I
[3] and REUNITE II[4].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boudani-simple-xcast-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-boudani-simple-xcast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-boudani-simple-xcast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.