Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guo-optical-aps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:59:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Optical Automatic Protection Switching Protocol 
                          (O-APS)
	Author(s)	: D. Guo et al.
	Filename	: draft-guo-optical-aps-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 17-Jul-01
	
We describe an optical automatic protection switching protocol (O-APS) 
for optical rings. Specifically, the O-APS protocol is an IP-based 
light-weight protocol which exploits the characteristics of rings and
initially supports the optical ring protection on the Optical Channel 
(OCh) level.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guo-optical-aps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guo-optical-aps-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guo-optical-aps-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.