Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rs-trip-gw-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 06:35:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Usage of TRIP in Gateways for Exporting Phone Routes
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Salama
	Filename	: draft-rs-trip-gw-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 24-Jul-01
	
This document describes a new application of the Telephony Routing
over IP (TRIP) protocol. TRIP was engineered as a tool for inter-
domain exchange of telephone routing information. However, it can
also be used as a means for gateways and soft switches to export
their routing information to a Location Server (LS), which may be
co-resident with a proxy or gatekeeper. This LS can then manage those
gateway resources. We discuss the motivations for this application,
the reasons why other mechanims, such as the SIP REGISTER method, are
not appropriate, and then show how a minimal subset of TRIP is needed
for this application.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rs-trip-gw-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rs-trip-gw-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rs-trip-gw-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.