Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-perkins-bake-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:56:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Binding Authentication Key Establishment Protocol for 
                          Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: P. Nikander, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-perkins-bake-01.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 02-Jul-01
	
A method is proposed for providing key information for use between
a mobile node and correspondent node, to be used for the purpose of
authenticating Mobile IPv6 Binding Updates.  The key distribution
is secure except against man-in-the-middle attacks, when the
attacker resides along the routing path between the correspondent
node and the mobile node's home agent.  The key can be used for
authenticating subsequent Binding Updates from the same mobile node,
substantially reducing the number of key establishment cycles needed
for maintaining efficient communication paths between the mobile node
and correspondent node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-bake-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-perkins-bake-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-perkins-bake-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.