Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-burger-sipping-netann-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:30:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Network Announcements with SIP
	Author(s)	: W. O'Connor et al
	Filename	: draft-burger-sipping-netann-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 23-Jul-01
	
In SIP-based networks [2], there is a need to provide announcements.  
In some situations, one must play the announcement without providing 
an answer indication.  In others, one must play the announcement 
after completing call setup.  This document describes how to provide 
such announcements in a SIP-based network.  The method described 
here is a media server service instance.  The document [3] describes 
media server service instances.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-netann-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-burger-sipping-netann-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-netann-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.