Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ohba-urp-usage-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:05:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Usage Scenarios of a User Registration Protocol (URP)
	Author(s)	: Y. Ohba et al.
	Filename	: draft-ohba-urp-usage-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 18-Jul-01
	
Many different kinds of commercial networks require users to
perform registration before being allowed usage to
resources. Resources could include basic access to the network to
resources that are more specific such as services in the network
or a certain grade of service, etc. The registration process is
normally specific to the type of network that a user is attaching
to and the registration process itself occurs in the protocol
layers that are specific to an access technology. With a network
layer (IP) or above solution, a common protocol for performing
registration could be defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohba-urp-usage-scenarios-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ohba-urp-usage-scenarios-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ohba-urp-usage-scenarios-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.