Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kindberg-tag-uri-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 07:07:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The 'tag' URI scheme
	Author(s)	: T. Kindberg, S. Hawke
	Filename	: draft-kindberg-tag-uri-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 06-Jul-01
	
This document describes the 'tag' Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
scheme for identifiers that are unique across space and time.
Identifiers belonging to this scheme are distinct from most other
URIs in that they are intended for uses that are independent of any
particular method for resource location or name resolution. A 'tag'
URI may be used purely as an identifier that distinguishes one entity
from another.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kindberg-tag-uri-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kindberg-tag-uri-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kindberg-tag-uri-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.