Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-berkowitz-tblgrow-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:49:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Experimental Methodology for Analysis of Growth in 
                          the Global Routing Table
	Author(s)	: H. Berkowitz et al.
	Filename	: draft-berkowitz-tblgrow-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 16-Jul-01
	
Measurements [3,4,5] have shown that the rate of growth of routes and 
route instances in the default-free table have resumed exponential 
growth, which had slowed to linear growth after the introduction of 
CIDR [7].  This memorandum explores some analytical methods, 
admittedly heuristic in most cases, to understand why growth is 
faster than the simple rate of allocation. When accelerated growth 
can be attributed to operational practices or poor understanding, it 
may be possible to propose approaches to reducing the rate of table 
explosion without reducing the services delivered to end users.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-berkowitz-tblgrow-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-berkowitz-tblgrow-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-berkowitz-tblgrow-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.