Subject: 51st IETF - SASL BOF (sasl)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:24:37 -0400

SASL BOF (sasl)

Tuesday, August 07 at 1300-1400
================================

CHAIRS: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
        Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>

DESCRIPTION:

This BOF will discuss the formation a working group to shepherd
SASL to Draft Standard.  As a WG proposal has been submitted
and is under IAB/IESG consideration, the status of this proposal
will be presented and discussed.  The BOF will consider actions
necessary to further the WG proposal.  The proposed WG is described
as follows:

  The Simple Authentication and Security Layer [RFC2222] provides
  key security services to a number of application protocols
  including BEEP, IMAP, LDAP, POP, and SMTP.  The purpose of
  this working group is to shepherd SASL, including select SASL
  mechanisms, though the Internet Standard process.

  This group will deliver a revised SASL Technical Specification
  suitable for consideration as a Draft Standard.  This work
  will be based upon RFC 2222 and draft-myers-saslrev-00.txt.

  This group will deliver revised Technical Specifications
  suitable considerations as Draft Standards for the following
  SASL mechanisms: CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5, and EXTERNAL.  This work
  will be based upon RFC 2195, 2222, and 2831.

  This group will deliver a revised Technical Specification
  suitable for publication as Proposed Standard for the GSSAPI
  family of SASL mechanisms.  This work will be based upon
  RFC 2222 and draft-ietf-cat-sasl-gssapi-02.txt.

  This group will deliver a Technical Specification
  suitable for publication as Proposed Standard describing
  a family of SASL mechanisms using the Secure Remote
  Password [RFC2945] protocol.  This work will be based
  upon draft-burdis-cat-srp-sasl-04.txt.

  The following areas are not within the scope of work of this WG:
    - new features,
    - SASL Mechanisms not specifically mentioned above, and
    - SASL "profiles".

  However, the SASL WG is an acceptable forum for review of
  SASL-related submissions produced by others as long as such
  review does not impede progress on the WG objectives listed
  above.

MAILING LIST:
  General Discussions: <[email-masked]>
  To Subscribe: <[email-masked]>
  In Body: subscribe
  Archive: http://www.imc.org/ietf-sasl/mail-archive/