Subject: 51st IETF - DNS Extensions WG (dnsext)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:47:09 -0400

DNS Extensions WG (dnsext)

Thursday, August 09 at 0900-1130
=================================

CHAIRS: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
        Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

There will be two DNSEXT meetings at the 51 IETF.
This is the agenda for the SECOND one on Thursday.
The first meeting on Monday, is a joint meeting with NGTRANS and
there will be separate agenda posted.

AGENDA:

05 min Agenda Bashing                   Olafur Gudmundsson
05 min WG status                        Olafur Gudmundsson
05 min Summary of DNSEXT/NGTRANS        Olafur Gudmundsson

Next on the agenda will be the main focus of the meeting to
asses the current DNSSEC status and how it should evolve from now on.

20 min Current DNSSEC status and options on how to progress
                                        Edward Lewis + Olafur Gudmundsson
05 min DNSSEC editing status            Dan Massey, Scott Rose
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-intro-00.txt>
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2536bis-dsa-00.txt>
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2539bis-dhk-00.txt>

10 min Opt IN plan                      Mark Kosters
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-00.txt>
10 min No SIG                           Roy Arens
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arends-dnsext-rrsets-00.txt>
10 min Delegation Signer                Olafur Gudmundsson
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-delegation-signer-01.txt>

05 min SIG@Parent                       Miek Gieben
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-parent-stores-zone-keys-01.txt>

40 min Next steps in DNSSEC             Randy Bush
       This will be open mike session to air opinions on which of
       the following options to go with. The chairs will take the
       suggestions and results of strawpolls to formulate a plan of
       action to propose to the working group on the the mailing list.
       The options are:
          -  Finished tweaking DNSSEC (no more changes)
          -  Few more tweaks  (which ones)
          -  Major Surgery (any collection new proposals such as
                        opt-in, delegation signer, no, no-sig,  )
          -  Start over, because the current approach is not going to work

Old Working Group documents
05 min Multicast DNS                     Dave Thaler
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-mdns-03.txt>

Relvatant Documents in Other working groups
05 min DHC MulticastDNS enable option    Erik Guttman
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guttman-dhc-mdns-enable-01.txt>

New documents requesting to become working group documents
05 min TKEY rekey mode                   Yuji Kamite
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kamite-dnsext-tkey-secret-renewal-00.txt>
05 min SEC rr                            Edward Lewis
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lewis-dnsext-sec-rr-00.txt>
05 min Generic KEY RR Protocol value     Edward Lewis
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lewis-dnsext-key-genprot-00.txt>
05 min ECC KEY rr                        Donald Eastlake
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-ecc-key-00.txt>
05 min Alternate DNS multicast proposal  Stewart Cheshire
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheshire-dnsext-multicastdns-00.txt>
   <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheshire-dnsext-nias-00.txt>