Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-melnikov-imap-condstore-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 06:53:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IMAP Extension for Conditional STORE operation
	Author(s)	: A. Melnikov, S. Hole
	Filename	: draft-melnikov-imap-condstore-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 03-Jul-01
	
There is a class of applications that wish to have multiple IMAP clients
coordinate activities with a single shared mailbox. These applications
need some mechanism to synchronize state changes for messages within the
mailbox. They must be able to guaranty that only one client can change
message state (e.g. message flags or annotations) at any point in time.
An example of such an application is use of an IMAP mailbox as a message
queue with multiple dequeueing clients.
The Conditional Store facility provides a protected update mechanism for
message state information that can detect and resolve conflicts between
multiple writers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-imap-condstore-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-melnikov-imap-condstore-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-imap-condstore-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.