Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pwe3-requirements-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:22:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge-to-Edge 
                         (PWE3)
	Author(s)	: X. Xiao etal.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pwe3-requirements-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 26-Jul-01
	
This document describes generic requirements for Pseudo-Wire
Emulation Edge to Edge (PWE3). It provides guidelines for other
working group documents that will define mechanisms for providing
pseudo-wire emulation of specific services such as Ethernet, ATM,
Frame Relay, TDM, and MPLS. It should be noted that the PWE3 Working
Group (PWE3 WG) standardizes mechanisms that can be used to provide
PWE3 services, but not the services themselves

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-requirements-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pwe3-requirements-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-requirements-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.