Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:56:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DHCP Domain Search Option
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba
	Filename	: draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-03.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 02-Jul-01
	
The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) provides a mechanism for
host configuration. RFC 2132 allows DHCP servers to specify
configuration information for various kinds of name services to be
passed to DHCP clients.  In some circumstances, it is useful for the
DHCP client to be configured with the domain search list.  This document
defines a new DHCP option which is passed from the DHCP Server to the
DHCP Client to specify the domain seach list when resolving hostnames.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-aboba-dhc-domsearch-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.