Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hahn-schemapart-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:22:30 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Approach for identifying different schemas in effect 
                          across a Directory Name-space
	Author(s)	: T. Hahn
	Filename	: draft-hahn-schemapart-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 10-Jul-01
	
IETF RFC 2251 [RFC2251] provides a mechanism for indicating, given 
any particular entry in the directory tree, what entry in the 
directory tree holds the directory schema information for that 
particular entry.  RFC 2251 does not, however, provide guidance on 
how different directory servers, each of which might have their own 
active directory schema, should ôpublicizeö this directory schema 
such that the different active schemas are distinct from one another 
when viewing the entire directory name-space.  This document 
describes a way to name sub-schema sub-entry entries such that 
different active schemas can be distinguished from one another 
across the entire directory name-space.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hahn-schemapart-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hahn-schemapart-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hahn-schemapart-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.