Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-skardal-ndmpv5-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:56:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Network Data Management Protocol 
                          Version 5
	Author(s)	: H. Skardal
	Filename	: draft-skardal-ndmpv5-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 29-Jun-01
	
This document describes the proposed requirements for NDMP version 5. 
This document assumes NDMP version 4 as a starting point. 
The requirements focus on improved clarity and interoperability, 
enabling a richer set of data management applications, and broadening 
the scope of NDMP to become a true Internet protocol. This increased 
scope increases the need for improved security mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-skardal-ndmpv5-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-skardal-ndmpv5-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-skardal-ndmpv5-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.