Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-srinivas-aaa-basic-digest-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:04:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mapping of Basic and Digest Authentication to DIAMETER
                          AAA Messages
	Author(s)	: B. Srinivas et al.
	Filename	: draft-srinivas-aaa-basic-digest-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 18-Jul-01
	
With protocols such as SIP (RFC2543 [1]) and HTTP (RFC2616 [2]) , a
AAA mechanism may be used in the back-end to handle the
authentication, authorization and accounting functionality. Two
authentication mechanisms specified within RFC2616 and RFC2543 are
the Basic and Digest authentication. In this document, we describe
how these authentication mechanisms can utilize the NASREQ
application DIAMETER AAA framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-srinivas-aaa-basic-digest-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-srinivas-aaa-basic-digest-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-srinivas-aaa-basic-digest-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.