Subject: Protocol Action: Minimal FAX address format in Internet Mail to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:05:25 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Minimal FAX address format in
Internet Mail' <draft-ietf-fax-faxaddr-v2-04.txt> as a Draft Standard,
replacing RFC2304, a Proposed Standard.  This document is the product
of the Internet Fax Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned
Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
   This memo describes a simple method of encoding GSTN addresses of
   facsimile devices in the local-part of Internet email addresses.

   As with all Internet mail addresses, the left-hand-side (local- part)
   of an address generated according to this specification, is not to be
   interpreted except by the MTA that is named on the right-hand-side
   (domain).

   This document is an updated version of RFC 2304.

Working Group Summary

  This document is a product of the FAX Working Group of the IETF.

Protocol Summary

  Ned Freed reviewed this document for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor:

   As these documents are now at draft standard and RFCs 2821 and 2822 are 
   proposed standards, the references to RFCs 2821 and 2822 need to be 
   changed to refer to full standard RFCs 821 and 822.