Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-ulp-frame-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:27:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ULP Framing for TCP
	Author(s)	: S. Bailey et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-ulp-frame-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 09-Jul-01
	
The framing protocol accepts PDUs from a ULP (upper level protocol)
and transports them over a TCP connection.  This is done in such a
way that the PDUs can be recovered at the receiver even if
preceding TCP segments have not yet been received.  This is useful
when the PDUs are self describing within the context of a protocol
TCP connection.  In this case, the framing protocol allows incoming
packets to be parsed (but not processed) in the order received and
their data to be placed directly in the ultimate destination memory
instead of TCP reassembly buffers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-ulp-frame-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-ulp-frame-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-ulp-frame-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.