Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dommety-mobileip-min-handoffv4and6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:03:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Handoff Optimization with no prediction and minimal L2
                          Trigger information
	Author(s)	: G. Dommety
	Filename	: draft-dommety-mobileip-min-handoffv4and6-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 18-Jul-01
	
Currently Mobile  IP WG is carrying  out very interesting  work in the
area of Fast/Low latency handoffs for Mobile IPv6 and Mobile IPv4. The
high  level goal  of this  work is  to reduce  the latency  during the
change  of point  of attachement  to the  Internet (AKA  Handoff) This
document discusses  one simple  case that in  the author's  opinion is
very common  and can be optimized  to achevie lower  latency than that
proposed by the various solutions.  This scenario applies to both IPv6
and  IPv4  work.  The solution  at  a  high  level  is the  same,  but
realization  will be  different  as the  frame  work in  IPv6 case  is
different from that of the IPv4 case.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dommety-mobileip-min-handoffv4and6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dommety-mobileip-min-handoffv4and6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dommety-mobileip-min-handoffv4and6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.