Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guo-rsvp-te-extensions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:03:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to RSVP-TE for Supporting Diverse Path 
                          Protection
	Author(s)	: D. Guo et al.
	Filename	: draft-guo-rsvp-te-extensions-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 18-Jul-01
	
This draft describes two specific extensions to RSVP-TE. The first 
extension is concerned about the scalability of RSVP-TE. It proposes
expanding the length of tunnel ID in RSVP-TE session object, from 16 
bits to 32 bits, in order to increase the upper limit of LSPs origin-
ated from one node. The second extension is to propose a new object 
for representing a protection group. A protection group can tie two 
or more diverse LSPs between a source-destination pair of nodes. This 
extension is warranted due to the importance and wide-spread appli-
cations of LSP protection switching mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guo-rsvp-te-extensions-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guo-rsvp-te-extensions-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guo-rsvp-te-extensions-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.