Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hain-ipv6-pi-addr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 06:52:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An IPv6 Provider-Independent Global Unicast Address 
                          Format
	Author(s)	: T. Hain
	Filename	: draft-hain-ipv6-pi-addr-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 03-Jul-01
	
This document defines an IPv6 Provider-Independent global unicast 
address format for use in the Internet.  The address format defined 
in this document is consistent with the IPv6 Protocol [2] and the 
'IPv6 Addressing Architecture' [3].  It is designed to facilitate 
scalable Internet routing when sites attach to multiple service 
providers, by using a prefix based on a geographic reference to the 
site. A natural byproduct of this address allocation mechanism is 
that all addresses are fixed allowing sites to change providers at 
will without requiring their network to renumber.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hain-ipv6-pi-addr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hain-ipv6-pi-addr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hain-ipv6-pi-addr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.