Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-blom-mm-kmgt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 06:52:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Design Criteria for Multimedia Session Key Management
                          in Heterogeneous Networks
	Author(s)	: R. Blom et al.
	Filename	: draft-blom-mm-kmgt-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 12-Jul-01
	
For conversational multimedia to take off, many important aspects
have still to be fully investigated. The security framework is one of
them. While some proposals on how to secure the media traffic have
appeared, a key management solution has still to be developed. It
should take into account the conversational multimedia type of
scenario and an heterogeneous communication environment, in which
thin clients are used. Such a scenario will result in a number of
challenging requirements. The purpose of this document is to describe
the scenario and to list constraints and requirements on a key
management scheme for media traffic in conversational multimedia.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-blom-mm-kmgt-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-blom-mm-kmgt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-blom-mm-kmgt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.