Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gallant-e164-tier-defs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:59:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Numbering Tiers
	Author(s)	: A. Gallant
	Filename	: draft-gallant-e164-tier-defs-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 17-Jul-01
	
Describing numbering tiers has been informal to date.  This document 
proposes a simple recognition principle for tiers in terms of the 
protocol mapping of an E.164 numbering resource to a DNS domain 
name, as described for ENUM in RFC 2916.  Tier value is a formal 
attribute of the digit string for an arbitrary E.164 resource, and 
it applies also to the resulting domain name.  No assumptions about 
assignment, existence, or delegation are involved.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gallant-e164-tier-defs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gallant-e164-tier-defs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gallant-e164-tier-defs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.