Subject: 51st IETF - Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks WG

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:00:09 -0400

Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks WG (ppvpn)

Wednesday, August 08 at 0900-1130
==================================

CHAIRS: Marco Carugi [email-masked]
        Rick Wilder [email-masked]

MAILING LIST: [email-masked] (currently)
ARCHIVES: //ppvpn.francetelecom.com

NOTE : total time below is 2H45.
Sorry for reduced individual time allocations (depending on number of SP
service deployment feedbacks, some other time slots might be increased).

Agenda bashing - chairs

PPVPN work status (mailing list, goals/milestones, WG IDs, L2 space work,
design teams, candidate solutions, missing work, related ITU-T progress) -
10 min - Marco Carugi

PPVPN Service requirements update - 5 min - Dave McDysan
draft-ietf-ppvpn-requirements-02.txt
Changes from 00, open issues, future usage

PPVPN Framework update - 5 min - Ross Callon/Muneyoshi Suzuki
draft-ietf-ppvpn-framework-01.txt
Changes from 00, open issues, future usage

PPVPN CE-based Framework using IPsec - 10 min - Jeremy De Clercq
draft-declercq-ppvpn-ce-based-00.txt (renamed as
draft-ietf-ppvpn-ce-based-00.txt)
Just ID overview, future steps, open issues

L2 point-to-point VPN space (requirements, solutions):
Discussion on open issues, solution convergence, WG IDs - 10 min - related
ID authors/all
Related IDs :
draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2vpn-00.txt (renamed as draft-ietf-ppvpn-l2vpn-00.txt)
draft-kompella-ppvpn-l2vpn-00.txt
draft-martini-l2circuit-trans-mpls-06.txt
draft-shah-mpls-l2vpn-ext-00.txt
draft-shah-mpls-l2vpn-reduce-00.txt

L2 Metro VPN space (requirements, solutions):
- Report from design team activity - 20 min - design team members
Related requirement and framework-oriented IDs (10 min from 20 above):
draft-tsenevir-l2-req-01.txt
draft-ouldbrahim-ethernet-l2vpn-requirements-00.txt
draft-heron-ppvpn-vpsn-reqmts-00.txt
draft-augustyn-vmi-m2m-arch-00.txt
draft-senevirathne-vmi-frame-01.txt
Relation with basic req and framework IDs to be discussed.
Just overview of draft-augustyn-vmi-m2m-arch-00.txt to be given.
Related solution-oriented IDs (10 min from 20 above):
draft-lasserre-tls-mpls-00.txt
draft-vkompella-ppvpn-vpsn-mpls-00.txt
Just overview of both IDs to be given ; open issues, future steps and
solution convergence to be discussed
- Brief discussion : issues, missing work, solutions, WG IDs - 5 min - all

L3 VPN space(requirements, solutions):
BGP-MP for layer 2 VPN membership discovery
draft-tsenevir-bgp-l2vpn-01.txt - 5 min - Tissa Senevirathne
Just ID overview, open issues and future work, how to deal with

Report on VPN MIB progress, issues, future steps - 5 min - Thomas Nadeau,
Elwin Stelzer
Related IDs :
draft-nadeau-mpls-vpn-mib-04.txt
draft-elwin-ppvpn-vr-mib-00.txt

SP feedback from deployment of candidate solutions - 30 min max - some SPs
(expected feedback on rfc2547bis, ouldbrahim-vpn-vr, rfc2917bis, CE-based
IPsec)
Slot under construction (Equant on rfc2547bis, ...)

Applicability Statement guidelines - 5 min - Junichi Sumimoto
Just overview of main concepts, open issues, possible future steps
Related IDs:
draft-sumimoto-ppvpn-applicability-guidelines-00.txt : not submitted (just
sent to the list), available at http://ppvpn.francetelecom.com ->Related
Internet drafts-> London

Optical VPN requirements - 5 min - Hamid Ould-Brahim
draft-ouldbrahim-ovpn-requirements-00.txt
Just ID overview, why to be considered in PPVPN, future possible steps in
OVPNs

Discussion on PPVPN issues and future work topics - 30 min -
chairs(/ADs/TA)/all
- draft-rosen-vpns-ospf-bgp-mpls-02.txt OSPF issue
- draft-rekhter-ppvpn-gre-ip-2547-00.txt (renamed as
draft-ietf-ppvpn-gre-ip-2547-00.txt) encapsulations issue
- Plan for requirements and framework progress
- Choice of first set of candidate solutions for standard track, plan for
second set
- New WG IDs (L2 VPNs, ...)
- Possible new work items (optical VPNs, tunnel topology, ...)
- Solution-specific work
- main deliverables per each solution, deliverable structure, protocol
enhancement validation from other WGs, solution-specific teams ?,
positioning against requirement and framework IDs
- L2 point-to-point VPN space recap (issues, solutions, interaction w/PWE3)
- L2 metro VPN recap (team work, issues, solutions)
- Applicability Statement : deliverable structure and number, launch of
solution/approach-specific AS work
- Inter-AS VPN
- requirement document (design team ?), organisation of solution-specific
work, deliverables
- Salt lake City : main objectives, intermediate work steps, work ready for
the meeting

Layer 3 VPNs using Encapsulation Services Protocol - 5 min - Nishit Vasavada
draft-vasavada-ppvpn-es-l3vpn-00.txt
Just ID overview, open issues, future steps, why should be considered, how
to deal with

VPN tunneling protocol
draft-elwin-ppvpn-vtp-00.txt - 5 min - Elwin Stelzer
Just ID overview, open issues, future steps, why should be considered, how
to deal with

Tunnel topology - 10 min - Tissa Senevirathne, Heinrich Hummel
Related IDs :
draft-tsenevir-l2vpn-pmesh-00.txt
draft-hummel-ppvpn-tunnel-systems-01.txt
Just : which PPVPN problems addressed, open issues, future steps, how to
deal with

Slot requests currently not allocated (just if time):
BGP/MPLS VPN extension for IPv6 VPN over an IPv4 infrastructure
draft-nguyen-bgp-ipv6-vpn-02.txt (renamed as
draft-ietf-ppvpn-bgp-ipv6-vpn-00.txt) - Jeremy De Clercq
Changes from previous version, open issues, future steps

BGP/GMPLS solution for inter-domain optical networking
draft-xu-bgp-gmpls-01.txt - Yangguang Xu
Just ID overview, open issues, future steps, why relevant for PPVPN, how to
deal with