Subject: Protocol Action: PPP Multiplexed to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:37:50 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'PPP Multiplexed'
<draft-ietf-pppext-pppmux-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas
Narten.

Technical Summary
 
The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'PPP Multiplexed'
<draft-ietf-pppext-pppmux-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas
Narten.

Technical Summary

   This document describes a method to reduce the PPP framing overhead
   used to transport small packets over slow links. The method, PPP
   Multiplexing, sends multiple PPP encapsulated packets in a single
   PPP frame. As a result, the PPP overhead per packet is reduced.

Working Group Summary

 There was consensus for this approach in the WG and no issues were
 raised during IETF Last Call

Protocol Quality

 This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please add RFC2119 to the list of references.