Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:57:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 addressing and Stream Control Transmission 
                          Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Stewart, S. Deering
	Filename	: draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpipv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 02-Jul-01
	
Stream Control Transmission Protocol [RFC2960] provides transparent
multi-homing to its upper layer users. This multi-homing is
accomplished through the passing of address parameters in the
initial setup message used by SCTP. In an IPv4 network all addresses
are passed with no consideration for their scope and routeablility.
In a IPv6 network special considerations MUST be made to properly
bring up associations between SCTP endpoints that have IPv6
[RFC2460] addresses bound within their association.  This document
defines those considerations and enumerates general rules
that an SCTP endpoint MUST use in formulating both the INIT and
INIT-ACK chunks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpipv6-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpipv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpipv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.