Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-im-session-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 06:39:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SIP Instant Message Sessions
	Author(s)	: B. Campbell, J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-im-session-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 18-Jul-01
	
The current specification for the SIP MESSAGE request method
indicates that SIP instant messages according to a model similar to
that of a text pager, in that each message stands alone. There is no
concept of a chat session or a text conference where there is a
stream of messages that are grouped into a session. This memo
proposes a method of describing MESSAGE sessions by treating the
message session just like any other media session described in an
SDP body in an INVITE request.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-im-session-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-simple-im-session-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-im-session-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.