Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kathirvelu-corevpn-disc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 06:39:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Core MPLS IP VPN Link Broadcast And Virtual Router 
                          Discovery 
	Author(s)	: C. Kathirvelu et al.
	Filename	: draft-kathirvelu-corevpn-disc-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 20-Jul-01
	
An IPVPN consists of many routers, some  physically  discrete  and
some  virtual,  housed in a Provider Edge router. The problem that
presents itself is that these virtual routers need  to  find  each
other  over  a  virtual  topology  and they need to send broadcast
datagrams as mandated in routing protocols [such as  the  neighbor
discovery  datagram  and  routing  updates  in  OSPF,  the routing
updates in RIPV2 etc] and user data over  this  virtual  topology.
This memo presents an approach for solving these problems

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kathirvelu-corevpn-disc-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kathirvelu-corevpn-disc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kathirvelu-corevpn-disc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.