Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-burger-sipping-msuri-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:30:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP URI Conventions for Media Servers
	Author(s)	: J. Van Dyke, E. Burger
	Filename	: draft-burger-sipping-msuri-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 23-Jul-01
	
Application Servers, SIP Proxies, and SoftSwitches (a.k.a. Media 
Gateway Controllers) act as SIP [2] User Agents to control the media 
processing capabilities of media servers.  The SIP Request URI 
identifies the desired service and provides a context for the media 
server to interpret the SIP message.  This document describes a 
standard SIP addressing mechanism to address specific services.  
Because of SIP's flexibility, the existing protocol accommodates 
these services.  This document proposes a standard URI scheme for 
important media services such as announcements and conferencing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-msuri-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-burger-sipping-msuri-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-msuri-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.