Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-recovery-frmwrk-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:22:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for MPLS-based Recovery
	Author(s)	: V. Sharma et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-recovery-frmwrk-03.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 26-Jul-01
	
Multi-protocol label switching (MPLS) [1] integrates the label 
swapping forwarding paradigm with network layer routing. To deliver 
reliable service, MPLS requires a set of procedures to provide 
protection of the traffic carried on different paths. This requires 
that the label switched routers (LSRs) support fault detection, fault 
notification, and fault recovery mechanisms, and that MPLS signaling 
[2], [3], [4], [5], [6], [7] support the configuration of recovery. 
With these objectives in mind, this document specifies a framework 
for MPLS based recovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-recovery-frmwrk-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-recovery-frmwrk-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-recovery-frmwrk-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.