Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bergsten-e2eqos-questions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:59:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fundamental Questions Regarding End-to-End QoS
	Author(s)	: A. Bergsten et al.
	Filename	: draft-bergsten-e2eqos-questions-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 17-Jul-01
	
This short memo aims to discuss the different functions and
topological areas of an internetwork, where some kind of
enhancements are required in order to provide predictable end-to-end
quality of service (QoS) to customers. These enhancements require
(1) the exchange of QoS-related information and (2) enforcement of
QoS-related decisions. This can be, but not necessarily is, done by
some existing or new signaling protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bergsten-e2eqos-questions-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bergsten-e2eqos-questions-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bergsten-e2eqos-questions-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.