Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-odoherty-half-pint-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 06:58:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Half-Pint
	Author(s)	: M. O'Doherty
	Filename	: draft-odoherty-half-pint-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 13-Jul-01
	
This document defines a simple protocol for interaction between the PSTN and applications in the IP domain. It is not intended to be a full INAP or JAIN like interface, rather to easily enable some of the more common interactions in a way that will allow application developers, with minimal telephony knowledge, to quickly integrate it into new and existing applications. This document includes simple Java HTTP Servlets which implement some basic parts of the protocol as an example (note similar approaches would work for CGI also). To get a quick feel for the protocol go straight to the example section near the end

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-odoherty-half-pint-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-odoherty-half-pint-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-odoherty-half-pint-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.