Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-roadmap-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 06:52:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DNS Security Document Roadmap
	Author(s)	: S. Rose
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-roadmap-04.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 03-Jul-01
	
DNS Security (DNSSEC)technology is composed of extensions to the
Domain Name System (DNS) protocol that provide data integrity and
authentication to security aware resolvers and applications through
the use of cryptographic digital signatures.  Several documents exist
to describe these extensions and the implementation-specific details
regarding specific digital signing schemes.  The interrelationship
between these different documents is discussed here.  A brief
overview of what to find in which document and author guidelines for
what to include in new DNS Security documents, or revisions to
existing documents, is described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-roadmap-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-roadmap-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-roadmap-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.