Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mime-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:06:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MIME Type Registration of RTP Payload Formats
	Author(s)	: S. Casner, P. Hoschka
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mime-05.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 26-Jul-01
	
This document defines the procedure to register RTP Payload Formats
as audio, video or other MIME subtype names.  This is useful in a
text-based format or control protocol to identify the type of an
RTP transmission.  This document also registers all the RTP payload
formats defined in the RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences
as MIME subtypes.  Some of these may also be used for transfer
modes other than RTP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mime-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mime-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mime-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.