Subject: Protocol Action: Management Guidelines & Operational Requirements for the Internet Infrastructure Domain ('ARPA') to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:51:21 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Management Guidelines &
Operational Requirements for the Internet Infrastructure Domain
('ARPA')' <draft-iab-arpa-03.txt> as a BCP.  This document is the
product of the Internet Architecture Board.  The IESG
contact person is Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
 This document describes the management and operational requirements
 for the "ARPA" domain which is used to support a class of
 infrastructural identifier spaces, providing a distributed database
 that translates elements of a structured name space derived from a
 protocol family to service names.  The efficient and reliable
 operation of this DNS space is essential to the integrity of operation
 of various services within the Internet.  The Internet Architecture
 Board has the responsibility, in cooperation with the Internet
 Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, to manage the domain name
 "ARPA".  This document describes the principles used by the IAB in
 undertaking this role.

Working Group Summary

 This document was not reviewed in a working group, but did have an
 IESG-wide last call in which there were no technical issues raised.

Protocol Quality

 This document was reviewed for the IESG by the IAB.