Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:25:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Signaling Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SS7 MTP3-User Adaptation Layer (M3UA)
	Author(s)	: G. Sidebottom et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-08.txt
	Pages		: 100
	Date		: 26-Jul-01
	
This Internet Draft defines a protocol for supporting the transport of 
any SS7 MTP3-User signalling (e.g., ISUP and SCCP messages) over IP 
using the services of the Stream Control Transmission Protocol.  Also, 
provision is made for protocol elements that enable a seamless 
operation of the MTP3-User peers in the SS7 and IP domains. This 
protocol would be used between a Signalling Gateway (SG) and a Media 
Gateway Controller (MGC) or IP-resident Database.  It is assumed that 
the SG receives SS7 signalling over a standard SS7 interface using the 
SS7 Message Transfer Part (MTP) to provide transport.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-m3ua-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.