Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-11.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:07:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences with 
                          Minimal Control
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne, S. Casner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-11.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 26-Jul-01
	
This memorandum is a revision of RFC 1890 in preparation for
advancement from Proposed Standard to Draft Standard status. Readers
are encouraged to use the PostScript form of this draft to see where
changes from RFC 1890 are marked by change bars.
This document describes a profile called 'RTP/AVP' for the use of the
real-time transport protocol (RTP), version 2, and the associated
control protocol, RTCP, within audio and video multiparticipant
conferences with minimal control. It provides interpretations of
generic fields within the RTP specification suitable for audio and
video conferences. In particular, this document defines a set of
default mappings from payload type numbers to encodings.
This document also describes how audio and video data may be carried
within RTP. It defines a set of standard encodings and their names
when used within RTP. The descriptions provide pointers to reference
implementations and the detailed standards. This document is meant as
an aid for implementors of audio, video and other real-time
multimedia applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-11.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-11.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.