Subject: Last Call: Version 2 of the Protocol Operations for the Simple Network Management Protocol to Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:55:28 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the SNMP Version 3 Working Group
to consider publication of the following documents as Standard:

o Version 2 of the Protocol Operations for the Simple Network
  Management Protocol
	<draft-ietf-snmpv3-update-proto-06.txt>

o Transport Mappings for the Simple Network Management Protocol 
	<draft-ietf-snmpv3-update-transmap-06.txt>

o Management Information Base for the Simple Network Management
  Protocol
	<draft-ietf-snmpv3-update-mib-06.txt>

The above Internet-Drafts are updates to RFCs 1905, 1906, and 1907
respectively, all currently Draft Standards.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the 
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by September 3, 2001.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-update-proto-06.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-update-transmap-06.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-update-mib-06.txt