Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arrouye-kls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 07:25:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Keyword Lookup Systems As a Class of Naming Systems
	Author(s)	: Y. Arrouye, V. Parikh, N. Popp
	Filename	: draft-arrouye-kls-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 20-Aug-01
	
This document emphasizes the convergence of thinking regarding
Internet naming in the industry and the technical community.
There is strong consensus for establishing a layer above the current
DNS to address some of its current limitations. At the same time, the
community stresses the necessity for the new layer to go beyond the
sole needs of the domain name system to realize an architecture
capable of accommodating diverse services, with separate ownerships,
different scopes and distinct operating models. In that context,
interoperability is critical.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arrouye-kls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arrouye-kls-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arrouye-kls-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.