Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sarkar-dhc-iscsi-boot-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 07:19:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Qualifying the Root Path Option for iSCSI Boot
	Author(s)	: P. Sarkar
	Filename	: draft-sarkar-dhc-iscsi-boot-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 28-Aug-01
	
The Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI) is a popular family of
protocols for communicating with I/O devices, especially storage
devices.  iSCSI is a proposed transport protocol for SCSI that
operates on top of TCP[4].  The iSCSI Boot Draft[5] is an
informational draft that provides information on the mechanisms
employed by an iSCSI boot client to locate and boot off an iSCSI boot
server. This memo describes the mechanism by which an iSCSI boot
client can obtain the identity of an iSCSI boot server using the DHCP
service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarkar-dhc-iscsi-boot-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sarkar-dhc-iscsi-boot-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarkar-dhc-iscsi-boot-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.