Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jacobs-mobileip-pki-auth-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:01:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IP Public Key Based Authentication
	Author(s)	: S. Jacobs, S. Belgard
	Filename	: draft-jacobs-mobileip-pki-auth-03.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 15-Aug-01
	
This document proposes an extension to the Mobile IP base protocol
(RFC 2002) to allow Mobile Nodes (Hosts) and Mobility Agents (both
home network and foreign network) to use X.509 digital certificates,
public keys and digital signatures as the basis of authenticating
Mobile IP control messages in addition to secret key authentication.
The use of these mechanisms will allow Mobile IP to scale from small
research environments to potentially millions of mobile nodes across
thousands of networks owned-operated by different organizations and
service providers.  A Public Key Infrastructure is proposed that
focuses specifically on authentication of Mobile IP knowledgeable
nodes, NOT general use for authenticating individuals.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jacobs-mobileip-pki-auth-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jacobs-mobileip-pki-auth-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jacobs-mobileip-pki-auth-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.