Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chan-idn-scdns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 07:00:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Supreme Chinese Domain Name System
	Author(s)	: B. Chan
	Filename	: draft-chan-idn-scdns-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 21-Aug-01
	
Chinese can be written in 2 different scripts, traditional Chinese and
simplified Chinese, that cannot be distinguished by many people of
certain background/cultures/groups who use them interchangeably.  As a
result, users of Chinese Domain Names (CDN) have special needs that can
only be satisfied by adding a label to CDNs that distinguish a CDN with
traditional characters from a CDN with simplified characters.  This
labeling is an entire system that can be accomplished with SLDs or by
creating a new type of TLD called Language Script TLD (lsTLD).  This
draft describes the benefits that the system will provide and the
techniques involved in implementing it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chan-idn-scdns-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chan-idn-scdns-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chan-idn-scdns-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.