Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-song-pppoe-ext-multicast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 06:43:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP multicasting and broadcasting extension for PPPoE 
                          Protocol
	Author(s)	: Y. Song, R. Penno
	Filename	: draft-song-pppoe-ext-multicast-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 22-Aug-01
	
In the year following the publication of the PPPoE protocol much
operational experience and customer feedback was gathered. One
problem that access providers usually mention is that when PPPoE 
Server needs to send IP multicast packets or broadcast packets to 
PPPoE Clients in a same Ethernet, it has to send these packets to 
each PPPoE Client over each PPPoE link. Because the PPPoE Clients 
are all in a Ethernet, this multiplication of packets affects 
performance and wastes the net's resource.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-song-pppoe-ext-multicast-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-song-pppoe-ext-multicast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-song-pppoe-ext-multicast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.