Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-torvinen-http-eap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:00:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: HTTP Authentication with EAP
	Author(s)	: V. Torvinen, J. Arkko, A. Niemi
	Filename	: draft-torvinen-http-eap-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 13-Aug-01
	
This document describes HTTP authentication scheme using PPP
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP).
HTTP EAP authentication enables HTTP connections to be  authenticated
using any of  the authentication schemes  supported through EAP.  EAP
performs the  authentication  without  sending the  password  in  the
clear text format (which  is the biggest weakness  of the Basic  HTTP
authentication scheme, for example). It  is useful for HTTP  protocol
because it  opens  up  several  new  authentication  schemes  without
additional specification work.  The same benefits  can be reached  by
any other protocol, which apply the HTTP authentication scheme,  such
as Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-torvinen-http-eap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-torvinen-http-eap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-torvinen-http-eap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.