Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-azcorra-ipv64-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 07:19:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Protocol, Version 64 (IPv64) Specification
	Author(s)	: A. Azcorra
	Filename	: draft-azcorra-ipv64-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 28-Aug-01
	
This document specifies an IPv6 protocol modification that allows 
IPv6 to be backward compatible with IPv6. An IPv6 packet sent in 
this way would be undistinguishable from plain IPv4 packets to IPv4-
only routers. Therefore, IPv6 routers will process the packet as an 
IPv6 packet, and at the same time, in case there is an IPv4-only 
router in the path, it will correctly process and forward the 
packet. Consequently, it is possible to have native end-to-end IPv6 
communication through a path that contains some IPv4-only routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-azcorra-ipv64-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-azcorra-ipv64-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-azcorra-ipv64-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.