Subject: 51st IETF - IP Performance Metrics WG (ippm), UPDATED

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 10:14:46 -0400

IP Performance Metrics WG (ippm)

Tuesday, August 07 at 1300-1400
================================

CHAIRS: Merike Kaeo <[email-masked]>
        Matt Zekauskas <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

Agenda bashing (<= 5 min)

Small case-study on advancing metrics through the IETF standards process;
comparing RIPE-NCC and Surveyor data as per the I-D (10 min)
  -- Matt Zekauskas
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bradner-metricstest-00.txt,
in particular section 5 on page 4 comparing two methods.

One-way Active Measurements Protocol Requirements (20 min)
 --Merike Kaeo or Matt Z in proxy for Ben Teitelbaum & Stanislav Shalunov
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-reqs-00.txt
see also
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-02.txt

Measuring Packet Reordering (15 min)
  --Dale Pullin, California Institute of Technology
See the definition in section 3.3, and use in section 4.2.3 and 4.2.4
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-npmps-04.txt
this talk will present a different technique which we might
standardize independently.

Discussion on potential new work (5 min).
   --Matt & Merike