Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-massimo-rip-ripv2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:23:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RIP version 2
	Author(s)	: M. Torre
	Filename	: draft-massimo-rip-ripv2-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 27-Aug-01
	
This draft is intended to be a proposal for updating the current
'RIP version 2' RFC [1].
This necessity is due to a difference of behaviour between the RIP
protocol as described in [1] and the RIP protocol as implemented by
many vendors.
If all the vendors apply the same rule, no problem arises. But, on the
contrary, serious problems of interoperability can occur.
With some little changes in the text, this draft can be used as the new
'RIP version 2' RFC. People just interested in the implementing protocols may simply go to paragraph 8 (Changing the current RFC) and skip all the others. The purpose of all the other paragraphs is to support the idea of changing the RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-massimo-rip-ripv2-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-massimo-rip-ripv2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-massimo-rip-ripv2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.