Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ahmed-tsvwg-sctpdsum-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 06:48:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SCTP Dynamic Checksum selection
	Author(s)	: H. Ahmed, S. Boffa
	Filename	: draft-ahmed-tsvwg-sctpdsum-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 24-Aug-01
	
When SCTP was initially accepted as RFC2960 the Adler-32 checksum
was specified to be used. However, inlight of issues raised in 
[STONE] it has been proposed that a more robust algorithm such as
[CRC-32] be used instead. This poses compatibility problems for 
existing implementations of SCTP that are already using
the Adler-32 algorithm for computing checksums. This document
proposes a dynamic method to preserve backward compatibility
between the two checksum algorithms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ahmed-tsvwg-sctpdsum-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ahmed-tsvwg-sctpdsum-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ahmed-tsvwg-sctpdsum-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.