Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sct-midcom-megaco-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:09:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Applicability of MEGACO to Middlebox Control
	Author(s)	: S. Sen, C. Aoun, T. Taylor
	Filename	: draft-sct-midcom-megaco-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 20-Sep-01
	
This draft discusses the applicability of the Megaco/H.248 device 
control protocol [1] as the Middlebox communication protocol. It 
discusses the architectural similarities between Megaco and Midcom 
and how Megaco meets most of the key requirements for the Midcom 
protocol. Modeling the underlying Middlebox resources (a.k.a., 
rulesets) as separate elements from the Megaco entities allows the 
usage of the protocol as-is, satisfying some of the key resource 
control requirements. Minimal extensions in the form of new 
Termination / Package definition (without impacting the base 
protocol) are sought for Midcom. The Midcom protocol profile and 
other extensions/packages will be specified in separate internet 
drafts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sct-midcom-megaco-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sct-midcom-megaco-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sct-midcom-megaco-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.