Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-natreq4udp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:12:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Short term NAT requirements for UDP based peer-to-peer
                          applications
	Author(s)	: C. Huitema
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-natreq4udp-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 20-Sep-01
	
During the next few years, as the IPv4 address space moves toward 
exhaustion, it is likely that the deployment of NAT will accelerate. 
This draft presents the requirements that NAT devices must meet in 
order to enable use of UDP by peer-to-peer applications. The 
requirement can be summed up by the need to avoid gratuitous 
filtering and too short timers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-natreq4udp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-natreq4udp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-natreq4udp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.