Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-renker-paging-ipv6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 07:00:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Paging Concept for IP based Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Liebsch, G. Renker, R. Schmitz
	Filename	: draft-renker-paging-ipv6-01.txt
	Pages		: 59
	Date		: 14-Sep-01
	
This document defines an IP paging concept that supports a registered
idle state of a mobile node and coordinates paging independent of the
underlying layer-2 medium. The concept specifies a generic protocol
that allows to abstract away from layer-2 paging capabilities up to
the Access Routers, providing wired or wireless network access to
idle mobile terminals. A new entity, called Paging Agent, is
introduced. This Paging Agent supports employment of several
different paging strategies. The reference mobility architecture of
this specification is Mobile IPv6. Avoiding modifications of Mobile
IPv6 entities, the paging concept integrates modularly into the
mobility environment

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-renker-paging-ipv6-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-renker-paging-ipv6-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-renker-paging-ipv6-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.