Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-manyfolks-resource-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 06:48:30 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Integration of Resource Management and SIP
	Author(s)	: W. Marshall et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-manyfolks-resource-02.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 31-Aug-01
	
This document discusses how network QoS and security establishment
can be made a precondition to sessions initiated by the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP), and described by SDP. These preconditions
require that the participant reserve network resources (or establish
a secure media channel) before continuing with the session. We do
not define new QoS reservation or security mechanisms; these pre-
conditions simply require a participant to use existing resource
reservation and security mechanisms before beginning the session.
This results in a multi-phase call-setup mechanism, with the
resource management protocol interleaved between two phases of call
signaling. The objective of such a mechanism is to enable deployment
of robust IP Telephony services, by ensuring that resources are made
available before the phone rings and the participants of the call
are 'invited' to participate.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-manyfolks-resource-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-manyfolks-resource-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-manyfolks-resource-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.