Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-roy-iptel-gw-server-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 06:45:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Gateway and Server Discovery Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Roy
	Filename	: draft-roy-iptel-gw-server-discovery-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 04-Sep-01
	
This contribution describes a discovery protocol that can be used
between gateways (GWs) and severs as well as among servers in intra-
ITAD communications environment. The entities work in peer-to-peer
mode to discover each other. A peer can find which peer(s) to
register with based on policy. Each peer can also decide whether
capabilities should also be taken into consideration during the
discovery process before they proceed for registration. The
discovery protocol will be a part for building a single unified
intra-ITAD protocol described in a following contribution. The
message formats of the intra-ITAD protocol including the discovery
message are similar to TRIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roy-iptel-gw-server-discovery-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-roy-iptel-gw-server-discovery-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-roy-iptel-gw-server-discovery-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.