Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sarikaya-seamoby-mipv6hp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:32:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 Hierarchical Paging
	Author(s)	: B. Sarikaya et al.
	Filename	: draft-sarikaya-seamoby-mipv6hp-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 17-Sep-01
	
This document specifies Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Hierarchical Paging
(HMIPv6HP), an IP host alerting protocol which is an extension to
Hierarchical Mobile IPv6. The extension allows a mobile node to enter
a power saving dormant mode during which its location is known with
coarse accuracy defined by a paging area. In the visited domain only
the paging mobility anchor point (PMAP) is responsible for keeping
the binding cache entries for dormant mobile nodes and, it re-
establishes the downlink routes on demand by means of paging. Paging
is initiated by the paging agent (PA) and the access routers in
paging areas and does not involve periodic layer 3 messages to be
sent except for time-slot based paging which is optional and is to be
used on links with no support for layer 2 paging. The protocol works
with layer 2 paging areas if they are supported.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-seamoby-mipv6hp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sarikaya-seamoby-mipv6hp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-seamoby-mipv6hp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.