Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:05:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Link-Layer Assisted ROHC Profile for IP/UDP/RTP
	Author(s)	: L. Jonsson, G. Pelletier
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-02.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 12-Sep-01
	
This document defines a ROHC profile for compression of IP/UDP/RTP
packets, utilizing functionality provided by the lower layers to
increase compression efficiency by completely eliminating the header
for most packets during normal operation. The profile is built as an
extension to the  ROHC RTP profile [ROHC]. It defines additional
mechanisms needed in ROHC, states requirements on the assisting layer
to guarantee transparency, and specifies general logic for
compression and decompression making use of this header-free packet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.