Subject: Protocol Action: IETF Guidelines for Conduct to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:46:38 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IETF Guidelines for Conduct'
<draft-ietf-poisson-code-04.txt> as a BCP.  This document is the
product of the Process for Organization of Internet Standards ONgoing
Working Group.  The IESG contact person is Harald Alvestrand.

Technical Summary
 
This document provides a set of guidelines for personal interaction in the
Internet Engineering Task Force. The Guidelines recognize the diversity of
IETF participants, emphasize the value of mutual respect, and stress the
broad applicability of our work.

It is intended as a guideline for participants, not as a rulebook.

Working Group Summary

The POISSON group had a long and heated discussion about this document, to
a large degree about whether it was positioned as a "rule" or a
"guideline", but there were no objections to the final version.

Protocol Quality

The Code of Conduct was reviewed for the IESG by Harald Alvestrand.