Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ahmed-dmif-sip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 06:59:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Interworking Between SIP and MPEG-4 DMIF
	Author(s)	: T. Ahmed, A. Mehaoua, R. Boutaba
	Filename	: draft-ahmed-dmif-sip-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 13-Sep-01
	
This draft proposal discusses technical issues related to delivery
and control of IP multimedia services, such as video-conferencing,
involving heterogeneous end terminals. In particular, it describes
the design and implementation of an experimental system for
interworking between IETF SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) and ISO
MPEG-4 DMIF (Delivery Multimedia Integration Framework) session and
call control signaling protocols. This IP videoconferencing
interworking system is composed of two core units for supporting
delivery of audio-video streams from a DMIF domain to a SIP domain
(i.e. DMIF2SIP unit) and from a SIP domain to a DMIF domain (i.e.
SIP2DMIF unit). These units perform various translation functions
for transparent establishment and control of multimedia sessions
across IP networking environment, including, session protocol
conversion, service gateway conversion and address translation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ahmed-dmif-sip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ahmed-dmif-sip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ahmed-dmif-sip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.