Subject: Protocol Action: GLOP Addressing in 233/8 to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:39:02 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'GLOP Addressing in 233/8'
<draft-ietf-mboned-glop-update-01.txt> as a BCP.  This document is the
product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
   This document formalizes the policy for use of 233/8 as a statically
   assigned subset of the class D multicast address space.  This space is
   used for many to many applications such as non-broadcast applications.
   This allocation is in addition to those described by RFC 2365.  The IANA
   has allocated 223/8 per RFC 2770. This document obsoletes RFC 2770 to make
   it textually suitable to become a BCP.

Working Group Summary

 Discussion within the mboned WG reached consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush

Note to RFC Editor

There is text in the Internet-Draft that states this document updates RFC 2770.
This document actually obsoletes RFC 2770