Subject: RFC 3103 on RSIP Protocol Specification

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:57:26 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3103

        Title:	    Realm Specific IP: Protocol Specification
        Author(s):  M. Borella, D. Grabelsky, J. Lo, K. Taniguchi
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       October 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 115855
        SeeAlso/Updates/Obsoletes:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nat-rsip-protocol-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3103.txt

This document presents a protocol with which to implement Realm
Specific IP (RSIP).  The protocol defined herein allows negotiation
of resources between an RSIP host and gateway, so that the host can
lease some of the gateway's addressing parameters in order to
establish a global network presence.  This protocol is designed to
operate on the application layer and to use its own TCP or UDP port.
In particular, the protocol allows a gateway to allocate addressing
and control parameters to a host such that a flow policy can be
enforced at the gateway.

This document is a product of the Network Address Translator Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.