Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-salsano-cops-odra-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 07:00:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: COPS Usage for Outsourcing Diffserv Resource 
                          Allocation
	Author(s)	: S. Salsano
	Filename	: draft-salsano-cops-odra-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 12-Oct-01
	
This document introduces a new client type (COPS-ODRA) for the COPS
protocol to support dynamic DiffServ admission control. The Policy
Decision Point (PDP) acts as a 'Bandwidth Broker' for the Policy
Enforcement Point (PEP) which is requesting resources. The use of the
defined mechanism is suited for (but it is not limited to) the
Integrated Services operation over Diffserv networks.
This document represents the updated version of draft-salsano-issll-
cops-odra-00.txt and is issued only for reference. Another new client
type called COPS-DRA (Diffserv Resource Allocation) includes all the
functionality of COPS-ODRA adding the support of combined Outsourcing
and Provisioning model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salsano-cops-odra-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-salsano-cops-odra-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-salsano-cops-odra-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.