Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 07:10:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Single-Sided Signaling for L2VPNs
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 23-Oct-01
	
[MARTINISIG] contains a proposal for using LDP [RFC 3036] to signal
point-to-point VCs (sometimes also known as 'pseudowires') across an
MPLS network.  However, that draft requires that each endpoint have
apriori knowledge of the IP address other endpoint, and that both
endpoints have apriori knowledge of a common VC identifier. As a
consequence, each VC needs to be provisioned at both endpoints.  In
this draft, we extend the [MARTINISIG] signaling technique so as to
eliminate the requirement for apriori knowledge of a common VC
identifier, and to eliminate the requirment that each endpoint be
known to the other.  We then show the signaling can then be used for
setting up a Transparent LAN Service [TLS1, TLS2] or a full-mesh of
point-to-point VCs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.