Subject: RFC 3179 on SMX Protocol 1.1

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:58:57 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3179

        Title:	    Script MIB Extensibility Protocol Version 1.1
        Author(s):  J. Schoenwaelder, J. Quittek
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       October 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 56311
        Obsoletes:  2593

        I-D Tag:    draft-schoenw-rfc-2593-update-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3179.txt

The Script MIB extensibility protocol (SMX) defined in this memo
separates language specific runtime systems from language independent
Script MIB implementations.  The IETF Script MIB defines an interface
for the delegation of management functions based on the Internet
management framework.  A management script is a set of instructions
that are executed by a language specific runtime system.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.