Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fhirsch-xml-mime-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 07:13:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: XML Security for Multipart MIME: Multipart/Signed and 
                          Multipart/Encrypted
	Author(s)	: F. Hirsch
	Filename	: draft-fhirsch-xml-mime-security-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 02-Oct-01
	
This draft defines how XML Digital Signatures and XML Encryption may
be used with Multipart MIME security to provide MIME integrity and
confidentiality.  It extends RFC 1847 by defining
application/signature+xml and application/encryption+xml protocols
for the Multipart/Signed and Multipart/Encrypted MIME types.
Although non-XML content may be signed or encrypted based on XML
signing and encryption, additional capabilities are available for XML
MIME content.  This draft defines a signature transform parameter for
partial signing or manipulation of XML MIME content as well as
processing rules in addition to the XML Digital Signature and XML
Encryption processing rules.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fhirsch-xml-mime-security-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fhirsch-xml-mime-security-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fhirsch-xml-mime-security-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.