Subject: Call for Volunteers: IAB/IETF Nominating Committee (FINAL CALL)

From: "Theodore Ts'o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:10:03 -0400

Many thanks to those members of the IETF community who have volunteered
to serve on the IAB/IESG Nominating committee.  The list of those people
who have volunteered can be found at:

	http://thunk.org/tytso/nomcom-volunteers.html

If you believe you have volunteered, but you cannot find your name on
this list, please send me e-mail so I can look into it.  

If you have not yet volunteered, please consider doing so.  In order to
be eligible to serve on the Nominating Committee, you must have attended
at least 2 of the last 3 IETF's.

The time commitment will range from 3-5 hours a week from November to
January, and will consist of weekly teleconferences plus time spent
interviewing and reading e-mail from prospective candidates as well as
working group chairs and other IETF participants.  This is a significant
time commitment, but participation by IETF volunteers is critical if we
are to select the best leadership for our community.  So I encourage all
eligible volunteers who feel that they can offer their time and efforts
to respond.

To volunteer please send e-mail to the following e-mail address:

   [email-masked]

A list of those people who have volunteered and who have been confirmed
by the Secretariat as having attended at least two of the last three
IETF meetings can be found at:

     http://www.thunk.org/tytso/nomcom-volunteers.html

The deadline for volunteering to serve on the Nominating Committee is
5pm EDT, October 29, 2001.

Based on the list of those who have volunteered, we will run the
selection process and announce the results the week of October 29, 2001.
Ten (10) NomCom voting members will be chosen from the pool of
volunteers according to the procedure described by Donald Eastlake in
RFC 2777, "Publicly Verifiable Nomcom Random Selection". The source of
randomness will be based on the number of shares traded on October 30,
2001 of 12 stocks selected by the NomCom chair.

The official number of shares traded (denoted in 000s) will be drawn
from the October 31, 2000 Wall Street Journal which reports the sales
figures from the previous day - October 30, 2001.  If trading in any
stock is suspended, then the number of shares traded will be taken from
the first day prior to October 30, 2001 where the number of shares
traded in that stock was non-zero.

Thank you,

				Theodore Ts'o
				[email-masked]

STOCKS USED IN THE 2001-2002 NOMCOM SELECTION PROCESS:

Ethan Allen (ETH)
AT&T Wireless Services (AWE)
Walt Disney Co. (DIS)
Chevron Corp (CHV)
Boeing (BA)
Sears, Roebucks, and Co. (S)
Dell Computer (DELL)
Southwest Airlines (LUV)
Canon, Inc (CAJ)
Coca Cola Co. (KO)
E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Co (DD)
DaimlerChrysler AG (DCX)