Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-uswg-fyi7-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 07:04:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the User Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: FYI on Questions and Answers Answers to Commonly asked
                         'Experienced Internet User' Questions
	Author(s)	: R. Plzak, G. Malkin, W. Houser
	Filename	: draft-ietf-uswg-fyi7-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 22-Oct-01
	
This memo provides information to the experienced Internet user that
wants to know more.  The term 'experienced user' is used to
differentiate this user from the new users addressed by FYI4.  The
term experienced is relative. For the purpose of this memo
_experienced_ is any user who is familiar with the concepts
described in FYI 4.  The information provided in this memo is what
may be described as an upper level or top level description of some
of the applications and protocols that are in common use on the
Internet today.  This memo does not provide precise technical
descriptions.  For these the reader is referred to the appropriate
RFC or other documentation.  A conscious effort has been made to
keep this memo brief but at the same time provide the depth of
information necessary to provide a general understanding of the
applications and protocols described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uswg-fyi7-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-uswg-fyi7-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uswg-fyi7-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.