Subject: RFC 3126 on Electronic Signature Formats

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:51:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3126

        Title:	    Electronic Signature Formats for long term
                    electronic signatures
        Author(s):  D. Pinkas, J. Ross, N. Pope
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       September 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], Denis.Pinkas @bull.net,
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      84
        Characters: 175886
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-smime-esformats-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3126.txt

This document defines the format of an electronic signature that can
remain valid over long periods.  This includes evidence as to its
validity even if the signer or verifying party later attempts to deny
(i.e., repudiates the validity of the signature).
 
The format can be considered as an extension to RFC 2630 and RFC 2634,
where, when appropriate additional signed and unsigned attributes have
been defined.
 
The contents of this Informational RFC is technically equivalent to
ETSI TS 101 733 V.1.2.2. The ETSI TS is under the ETSI Copyright (C).
Individual copies of this ETSI deliverable can be downloaded from
http://www.etsi.org

This document is a product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.