Subject: STD 1, RFC 2900 on Internet Standards

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:15:45 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 1
        RFC 2900
 
        Title:      Internet Official Protocol Standards
        Author(s):  J. Reynolds, R. Braden, S. Ginoza
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 112809
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2800
        See Also:   STD 1

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc2900.txt

This memo contains a snapshot of the state of standardization of
protocols used in the Internet as of July 17, 2001.  It lists official
protocol standards and Best Current Practice RFCs; it is not a
complete index to the RFC series.  The latest version of this memo is
designated STD 1.

This memo is an Internet Standard.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.