Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for Circuit to Interface Translation to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:21:44 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Definitions of Managed
Objects for Circuit to Interface Translation'
<draft-ietf-frnetmib-frsi-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Frame Relay Service MIB Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
   This is a MIB that defines objects for managing the
   insertion of interesting Circuit Interfaces into the ifTable. This is
   important for circuits that must be used within other MIB modules
   which require an ifEntry.  It allows for integrated monitoring of
   circuits as well as routing to circuits using unaltered, pre-existing
   MIB modules.

Working Group Summary

   There was consensus in the WG for advancing the document.

Protocol Quality

   The document has been reviewed for the IESG by Erik Nordmark, Bert
   Wijnen and Michael MacFaden.