Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iovanna-rsvp-mpls-flowspec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 07:06:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Definition of the MPLS FlowSpec for RSVP-TE
	Author(s)	: P. Iovanna, R. Mameli, G. Piantanida, S. Salsano
	Filename	: draft-iovanna-rsvp-mpls-flowspec-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 15-Oct-01
	
The support of QoS Differentiation in MPLS is based on the definition of 
two types of LSP, respectively E-LSP and L-LSP (see [11]). Both E-LSP 
and L-LSP can be established with bandwidth reservation. In this case 
bandwidth requirements for the LSP must be signaled at LSP establishment 
time, in order to perform admission control in the LSRs in the path. If 
RSVP-TE is used as setup protocol, it has to support the signaling of 
bandwidth requirements for the LSPs. In this document we extend the 
RSVP-TE capability by defining a new type of Sender_Tspec (and 
FlowSpec), explicitly designed to allow signaling of bandwidth 
requirements for E-LSP and L-LSP set up. This new type, called MPLS 
Sender_Tspec (MPLS FlowSpec), can include bandwidth requirements for 
different classes inside the LSP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iovanna-rsvp-mpls-flowspec-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iovanna-rsvp-mpls-flowspec-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iovanna-rsvp-mpls-flowspec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.