Subject: RFC 3137 on OSPF Stub Router Advertisement

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:49:40 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3137

        Title:	    OSPF Stub Router Advertisement
        Author(s):  A. Retana, L. Nguyen, R. White, A. Zinin,
                    D. McPherson 
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       June 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8140
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draftietf-ospf-stub-adv-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3137.txt

This memo describes a backward-compatible technique that may be used
by OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) implementations to advertise
unavailability to forward transit traffic or to lower the preference
level for the paths through such a router.  In some cases, it is
desirable not to route transit traffic via a specific OSPF router.
However, OSPF does not specify a standard way to accomplish this.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.