Subject: BCP 52, RFC 3172 on arpa Guidelines

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:52:15 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 52
        RFC 3172

        Title:	    Management Guidelines & Operational Requirements
                    for the Address and Routing Parameter Area Domain
                    ("arpa") 
        Author(s):  G Huston, Editor
        Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       September 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 18097
        See Also:   BCP 52

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-arpa-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3172.txt

This memo describes the management and operational requirements for
the address and routing parameter area ("arpa") domain.  The "arpa"
domain is used to support a class of infrastructural identifier
spaces, providing a distributed database that translates elements of
a structured name space derived from a protocol family to service
names.  The efficient and reliable operation of this DNS space is
essential to the integrity of operation of various services within
the Internet.  The Internet Architecture Board (IAB) has the
responsibility, in cooperation with the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), to manage the "arpa" domain.
This document describes the principles used by the IAB in
undertaking this role.

This documnet is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.