Subject: Protocol Action: Versioning Extensions to WebDAV to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 06:59:39 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Versioning Extensions to
WebDAV' <draft-ietf-deltav-versioning-18.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
This document is the product of the Web Versioning and Configuration
Management Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and
Patrik Faltstrom

Technical Summary
 
  This specification defines a set of methods, headers, and resource types
  that define the WebDAV Versioning extensions to the HTTP/1.1 protocol.
  WebDAV Versioning includes:

       - Automatic versioning for versioning-unaware clients,
       - Version history management,
       - Workspace management,
       - Baseline management,
       - Activity management, and
       - URL namespace versioning.

Working Group Summary

  This document is the product of the Web Versioning and Configuration
  Management Working Group.

Protocol Quality

  Ned Freed reviewed this document for the IESG.