Subject: RFC 3105 on Finding an RSIP Server with SLP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:01:54 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3105

        Title:	    Finding an RSIP Server with SLP
        Author(s):  J. Kempf, G. Montenegro
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       October 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21427
        SeeAlso/Updates/Obsoletes:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nat-rsip-slp-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3105.txt

This document contains an SLP service type template that
describes the advertisements made by RSIP servers for their services.
Service Location Protocol (SLP) is an IETF standards track protocol
specifically designed to allow clients to find servers offering
particular services.  Since RSIP (Realm Specific IP) clients require a
mechanism to discover RSIP servers, SLP is a natural match for a
solution.  The service type template is the basis for an Internet
Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) standard definition of the
advertisements offered by RSIP servers, an important step toward
interoperability.

This document is a product of the Network Address Translator Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.