Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vanmegen-ipv6-addr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 07:09:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mapping Universal Geographical Area Description (GAD)
to IPv6 Geo Based Unicast Addresses
	Author(s)	: F. van Megen, P. Muller
	Filename	: draft-vanmegen-ipv6-addr-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 17-Oct-01
	
This document defines an IPv6 geo based global unicast address for-
mat to use in the Internet. The address format is based on the 3GPP
Universal Geographical Area Description. The address format defined
in this document is consistent with the IPv6 protocol and the 'IPv6
Addressing Architecture'.
It is designed to not only facilitate two dimensional data but also
altitude information. This kind of information becomes necessary in
areas where different users  occupy floors (like in buildings) thus
making plain geographical addressing ambiguous. In addition, provi-
sion  were made to extract valid location reference field data even
in cases where accurarcy of location data was sacrified for a larg-
er subnet field.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanmegen-ipv6-addr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vanmegen-ipv6-addr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vanmegen-ipv6-addr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.