Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vdbosch-tewg-multiarea-offline-te-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 06:57:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Offline TE in hierarchical networks
	Author(s)	: S. Van den Bosch et al.
	Filename	: draft-vdbosch-tewg-multiarea-offline-te-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 15-Nov-01
	
This document describes an approach to engineer a hierarchical 
network by means of offline traffic engineering. This approach can 
be used as a stand-alone solution, as was recently described as an 
example of a best current practice, or it may be combined with 
online traffic engineering. The offline approach presented here uses 
global information about network topology and traffic matrix to 
optimize explicit routes in the network. The optimization is based 
on the definition of global network performance parameters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vdbosch-tewg-multiarea-offline-te-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vdbosch-tewg-multiarea-offline-te-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vdbosch-tewg-multiarea-offline-te-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.