Subject: 52nd IETF - IP Path Tracing BOF (ippt)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:20:05 -0500

IP Path Tracing BOF (ippt)

Thursday, December 13 at 1300-1500
==================================

CHAIR: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>

DESCRIPTION:

GOAL:
    Very low cost methods of storing packet trace information in
    routers and other devices along a network path have been recently
    developed.  It is possible, using these technologies, to trace
    individual packets back to their source (see, for instance, Snoeren
    et al, Hash-Based IP Traceback,
    http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2001/p1.html).

    This BOF is focussed on the protocols required to support this
    kind of trace information and whether IETF wishes to standardize
    these kinds of protocols.

AGENDA:

    * Ritual Agenda bashing and passing of the blue sheet
    * Brief presentation of hash-based traceback
    * Protocol requirements to support hash-based traceback
    * Intellectual property issues
    * Discussion of IETF role