Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:15:11 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Traversal Using Relay NAT (TURN)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 19-Nov-01
	
Traversal Using Relay NAT (TURN) is a simple protocol that allows for
an element behind a NAT or firewall to receive incoming data over TCP
or UDP connections. It is most useful for elements behind symmetric
NATs or firewalls that wish to be on the receiving end of a
connection to a single peer. TURN does not allow for users to run
servers on well known ports if they are behind a nat; it supports the
connection of a user behind a nat to only a single peer. In that
regard, its role is to provide the same security functions provided
by symmetric NATs and firewalls, but to 'turn' the tables so that the
element on the inside can be on the receiving end, rather than the
sending end, of a connection that is requested by the client.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-midcom-turn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.