Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bradner-annfwd-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 06:57:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for an Anonymizing Packet Forwarder
	Author(s)	: S. Bradner, H. Kung
	Filename	: draft-bradner-annfwd-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 15-Nov-01
	
There are a number of situations in the Internet where it would be
useful to be able to have an application be able to send traffic to a
destination without revealing the IP address of the destination to
the source, or the IP address of the source to the destination, or
both.  One way to do this is to have a network resident set of
servers which can forward packets, with encryption and decryption
applied to their source and destination addresses when appropriate.
We will call this server an anonymizing forwarder.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bradner-annfwd-req-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bradner-annfwd-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bradner-annfwd-req-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.