Subject: RFC 3187 on Using ISBNs as URNs

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:31:07 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3187

        Title:	    Using International Standard Book Numbers as
                    Uniform Resource Names
        Author(s):  J. Hakala, H. Walravens
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       October 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22620
        SeeAlso/Updates/Obsoletes:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hakala-isbn-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3187.txt

This document discusses how International Standard Book Numbers (ISBN)
can be supported within the URN (Uniform Resource Names) framework and
the syntax for URNs defined in RFC 2141.  Much of the discussion below
is based on the ideas expressed in RFC 2288.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.