Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-mipv6-bu-security-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 05:56:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Issues in Protecting MIPv6 Binding Updates
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko
	Filename	: draft-arkko-mipv6-bu-security-01.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 27-Nov-01
	
The Mobile IP working group is  currently  searching  for  a  security
solution  that  enables  semi-secure, weak authentication between IPv6
Mobile Nodes and Correspondent Nodes in the the global Internet.  Sub¡
sequent  Binding  Updates  messages  will  then  be  cryptographically
integrity protected to prevent abuse of the mechanisms for route opti¡
mization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mipv6-bu-security-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-mipv6-bu-security-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mipv6-bu-security-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.