Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-sha-256-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:29:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The HMAC-SHA-256-96 Algorithm and Its Use With IPsec
	Author(s)	: S. Frankel, S. Kelly
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-sha-256-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 16-Nov-01
	
Ths document describes the use of the HMAC algorithm in conjunction
with the SHA-256 algorithm as an authentication mechanism within the
context of the IPsec Authentication Header and the IPsec Encapsulat-
ing Security Payload. HMAC with SHA-256 provides data origin authen-
tication and integrity protection. This version of the HMAC-SHA-256
authenticator specifies truncation to 96 bits, and is therefore named
HMAC-SHA-256-96.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-sha-256-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-sha-256-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-sha-256-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.