Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 05:59:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Generating KDC Referrals to locate Kerberos realms
	Author(s)	: M. Swift, J. Brezak, J. Trostle
	Filename	: draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-02.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 27-Nov-01
	
The draft documents a new method for a Kerberos Key Distribution 
Center (KDC) to respond to client requests for kerberos tickets when 
the client does not have detailed configuration information on the 
realms of users or services. The KDC will handle requests for 
principals in other realms by returning either a referral error or a 
cross-realm TGT to another realm on the referral path. The clients 
will use this referral information to reach the realm of the target 
principal and then receive the ticket.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.