Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-markov-r2oip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 07:02:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Transfer of R2 signaling over the Internet
	Author(s)	: Z. Markov
	Filename	: draft-markov-r2oip-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 09-Nov-01
	
A way of sending of telephone interexchange R2 signals over the 
Internet is presented. Signals are sent as named events. All 
signals/events are divided in four groups. The label of the group is 
transferred as payload type, and type of signal inside the group is 
transferred as an event code. Transfer of signaling packets over the 
Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) utilizes sequencing, numbering 
and timestamping provided by this protocol. Packets used to transfer 
the long lasting line signals are intensively transferred only after 
the change. Labelling of start and the end of signal is performed by 
marker fields in the header and payload. The reliability of transfer 
can be increased using the well-known methods of redundant transfer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-markov-r2oip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-markov-r2oip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-markov-r2oip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.