Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rai-test-auto-devices-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:02:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Test Automation for Layer2/3 devices in the 
                          Internetworking Environment
	Author(s)	: V. Vasudeva, V. Raisanen
	Filename	: draft-rai-test-auto-devices-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 13-Nov-01
	
Test Automation is a process that is being adopted by vendors
aggresively to broaden the scope for testing. Automation
of testing of L2/L3 devices can also enable faster and 'always on'
mode of test environment in the Test labs, thus maximizing usage of
lab infrastructure, round the clock, without human intervention.
More often than not, lack of standards, can cause an automation
architecture to go awry and the cost of the same could be catastrophic.
Hence this informational draft endeavours to bring forth a standard
framework for automation, which can be referred to, by test teams of
various network equipment vendors and users.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rai-test-auto-devices-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rai-test-auto-devices-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rai-test-auto-devices-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.