Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dotaro-ipo-multi-granularity-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 05:59:52 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Optical Multi-Granularity û Architectural Framework
	Author(s)	: E. Dotaro et al.
	Filename	: draft-dotaro-ipo-multi-granularity-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 29-Nov-01
	
The multi-granularity concept in optical networks is the ability to
simultaneously switch different levels of granularity inside a given
optical network. Optical multi-granularity and particularly waveband
switching raises some issues for GMPLS. These have been partially
addressed in [GMPLS-ARCH] and [GMPLS-SIG] from the CCAMP Working
Group. However, enabling multi-granularity in optical networks
demands the definition of a more complete set of requirements
considering the management, control, routing and signaling issues
and their impacts in the GMPLS protocols suite.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dotaro-ipo-multi-granularity-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dotaro-ipo-multi-granularity-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dotaro-ipo-multi-granularity-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.