Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-allocchio-gstn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 06:17:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Text string notation for Dial Sequences and GSTN / 
                          E.164 addresses 
	Author(s)	: C. Allocchio
	Filename	: draft-allocchio-gstn-01.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 21-Nov-01
	
This memo describes the full set of notations needed to represent
in a text string a Dial Sequence. A Dial Sequence is normally
composed by Dual Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF) elements [1] plus 
separators and the additional 'actions' (such as 'wait for
dialtone', 'pause for N secs', etc.) which could be needed to 
successfully establish the connection with the target service:
this includes the cases where subaddresses or DTMF menu navigation 
apply. Global Switched Telephone Numbers (GSTN) / E.164 addresses 
(commonly called 'telephone numbers') [2] are a subset of a Dial 
Sequence, and thus use the same set of notations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allocchio-gstn-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-allocchio-gstn-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-allocchio-gstn-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.