Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-mipv6ro-secframework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 06:58:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Security Framework for Mobile IPv6 Route Optimization
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko
	Filename	: draft-arkko-mipv6ro-secframework-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 15-Nov-01
	
Without a security solution, Mobile IPv6 Route Optimization function¡
ality exposes the involved nodes as well as other nodes in the Inter¡
net to various security attacks. Recent work in the area has produced
a number of proposals to solve these security issues. The proposals
are, however, in many cases architecturally quite different from each
other, and don't always describe more than a part of the solution. Due
to the complexity of the problem, we feel that it is necessary to doc¡
ument a higher level solution roadmap. We call this roadmap the 'Secu¡
rity Framework for Route Optimization'. It talks about the architec¡
ture that a complete solution has, and the components that are needed.
We also discuss factors affecting the need for various components and
particular technical solutions for them.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mipv6ro-secframework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-mipv6ro-secframework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mipv6ro-secframework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.