Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-trossen-seamoby-cardiscovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:13:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Protocol for Candidate Access Router Discovery for 
                          Seamless IP-level Handovers
	Author(s)	: D. Trossen et al.
	Filename	: draft-trossen-seamoby-cardiscovery-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 19-Nov-01
	
A critical requirement in the protocols being designed for seamless 
IP-level handovers, such as fast handover and context transfer, is 
that the target access router (TAR) for the mobile node's (MN) 
handover is known to the current access router (AR). The TAR needs to 
have the capability set necessary to meet the MN's requirements, and 
meet any local policy requirements. While the TAR selection process 
happens at the time of handover, the ARs which have the capabilities 
to meet the MN's requirements can be identified in advance. These 
ARs are called candidate access routers (CARs).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-trossen-seamoby-cardiscovery-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-trossen-seamoby-cardiscovery-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-trossen-seamoby-cardiscovery-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.