Subject: 52nd IETF - MPLS Maintenance Mechanisms BOF (mplsoam)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:25:38 -0500

MPLS Maintenance Mechanisms BOF (mplsoam)

Tuesday, December 11 at 1415-1515
==================================

CHAIRS: Shahram Davari <[email-masked]>
        Peter Willis <[email-masked]>

DESCRIPTION:

The purpose of the MPLS OAM BOF is to determine what type of operations and
maintenance tools are required for MPLS networks. The BOF will address if
traceroute and ping are sufficient operations and maintenance tools for
MPLS network operators. The BOF will consider the need for other types of
OAM tools for MPLS networks.

AGENDA:

1 Introduction & Agenda
        Chairs - Peter Willis BT/Shahram Davari PMC Sierra - 5 min

2 A word from the Area Directors
        Scott Bradner, Bert Wijnen - 5 min

3 Presentation - What are the requirements for MPLS OAM?
        Peter Willis - 10 min

4 Presentation - To what degree do current proposals meet these requirements?
  (this will cover ping, traceroute, harrison draft etc.)
        Shahram Davari - 15 min

5 Discussion - 20 min

6 Sense of the room + next steps
        Scott Bradner, Bert Wijnen - 5 min

Suggested reading list:

Requirements:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harrison-mpls-oam-req-01.txt

other documents that include OAM requirements....
   draft-ietf-ppvpn-requirements-02.txt
   draft-team-tewg-restore-hierarchy-00.txt
   draft-ietf-ipo-carrier-requirements-00.txt.
   draft-ietf-pwe3-requirements-01.txt
   draft-heron-ppvpn-vpsn-reqmts-00.txt
   draft-owens-te-network-survivability-01.txt
   draft-ietf-mpls-recovery-frmwrk-03.txt

Framework:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allan-mpls-oam-frmwk-01.txt

Existing proposals:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bonica-tunproto-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pan-lsp-ping-02.txt

Expired Proposals:

draft-bonica-icmp-mpls-03.txt
        Authors:
        D. Tappan:              [email-masked]

        R. Bonica:              [email-masked]

        D. Gan:                 [email-masked]

draft-harrison-mpls-oam-00.txt
        Authors:
        N. Harrison             [email-masked]
        P. Willis               [email-masked]
        B. Mack-Crane           [email-masked]
        S. Davari               [email-masked]
        H. Ohta                 [email-masked]