Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sen-sipping-onehop-digest-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:14:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Single Hop Message Authentication in SIP
	Author(s)	: S. Sen et al.
	Filename	: draft-sen-sipping-onehop-digest-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 19-Nov-01
	
To date, the HTTP access authentication framework, as described in 
[RFC2617] and as used in [SIPbis05], has permitted limited SIP 
message authentication from UAC to Proxy/UAS, Proxy to Proxy, and 
Proxy to UAS. This draft addresses some of the shortcomings of SIP 
usage of Digest for message authentication between a SIP User Agent 
and a Proxy one hop away (e.g., an outbound Proxy). For the messages 
exchanged between the UA and a Proxy one hop away, the Service 
Provider may want to provide a different level of protection than 
that possible for the same messages end-to-end.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sen-sipping-onehop-digest-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sen-sipping-onehop-digest-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sen-sipping-onehop-digest-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.