Subject: Finding a new Routing Area Director

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:02:24 -0500

The recent tragic death of Abha Ahuja has left us without one of
our Routing Area Directors.

The procedures for IESG selection provide for this eventuality; the 
previously established nomcom is to be reconvened to nominate a 
replacement to serve the remainder of Abha's term.

The previous nomcom, under the leadership of Bernard Aboba, has been 
charged with this job, and will attempt to do so as soon as possible, 
based on information they already possess from their previous work.
Since they have much information on candidates already, they do not 
expect to publicly solicit for candidates, but are of course open to 
input from the community.

This is not to be confused with the new nomcom that is currently 
being convened under the leadership of Ted Tso, which will select 
the candidates for slots to be filled in the spring in the normal 
course of events.

The old nomcom can be reached at [email-masked].
The new nomcom will announce its contact address in due course.

             Harald T. Alvestrand