Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-royer-manet-globalv4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:12:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Global Connectivity for IPv4 Mobile Ad hoc Networks
	Author(s)	: E. Belding-Royer et al.
	Filename	: draft-royer-manet-globalv4-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 19-Nov-01
	
This document describes how to provide Internet connectivity to
mobile ad hoc networks.  It describes a mechanism whereby the Ad
hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing protocol can cooperate
with the Mobile IP protocol such that mobile nodes within an ad hoc
network, which are out of direct transmission range of a foreign
agent, can obtain a care-of address and register with the foreign
agent to obtain Internet connectivity.  Mobile IP is used for mobile
node registrations with a foreign agent, while AODV is used for
routing within the ad hoc network and for obtaining routes to the
foreign agent.  Once a manet node has a care-of address, it may send
data packets to destinations in the Internet by routing through the
foreign agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-royer-manet-globalv4-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-royer-manet-globalv4-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-royer-manet-globalv4-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.