Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-torvinen-http-eap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 06:15:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: HTTP Authentication with EAP
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko, V. Torvinen, A. Niemi
	Filename	: draft-torvinen-http-eap-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 21-Nov-01
	
This document describes a HTTP authentication scheme using PPP 
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP).  
HTTP EAP authentication enables HTTP connections to be authenticated 
using any of the authentication schemes supported through EAP. EAP 
performs the authentication without sending the password in the 
clear text format (which is the biggest weakness of the Basic HTTP 
authentication scheme, for example).  
EAP is useful for HTTP protocol because it opens up several new 
authentication schemes without additional specification work. The 
same benefits can be reached by any other protocols, which apply 
HTTP authentication, such as Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-torvinen-http-eap-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-torvinen-http-eap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-torvinen-http-eap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.