Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-agentoptions-device-class-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:09:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The DOCSIS Device Class DHCP Relay Agent Information
                          Sub-options
	Author(s)	: D. Jones, R. Woundy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-agentoptions-device-class-04.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 12-Nov-01
	
This document proposes a new sub-option to the DHCP Relay Information
Agent Option.  This new sub-option is for use with DOCSIS cable
modems and describes a 'device class' to which the cable modem
belongs.  The cable modem signals its device class information to the
Relay Agent using DOCSIS signalling, and the Relay Agent forwards the
device class information to the DHCP Server which can then make a
policy decision based on it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-agentoptions-device-class-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-agentoptions-device-class-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-agentoptions-device-class-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.