Subject: Protocol Action: Content Negotiation for Internet Messaging Services to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:23:03 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Content Negotiation for
Internet Messaging Services'
<draft-ietf-fax-content-negotiation-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
This document is the product of the Internet Fax Working Group.  The
IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
  This memo describes a content negotiation mechanism for facsimile,
  voice and other messaging services that use Internet email.

  Services such as facsimile and voice messaging need to cope with
  new message content formats, yet need to ensure that the content of
  any given message is renderable by the receiving agent.  The
  mechanism described here aims to meet these needs in a fashion that
  is fully compatible with the current behaviour and expectations of
  Internet email.

Working Group Summary

  This memo is a product of the FAX working group.

Protocol Quality

  Ned Freed reviewed the specification for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please change the title of this document to:

  "Content Negotiation for Messaging Services based on Email"

The "Discussion of this Document" section that appears after
the Abstract needs to be removed prior to publication.

The example domains "huge.com" and "mega.edu" should be
changed to "example.com" and "example.org", respectively.