Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yu-tel-url-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:03:57 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to the 'tel' and 'fax' URLs to Support 
                          Number Portability and Freephone Service
	Author(s)	: J. Yu
	Filename	: draft-yu-tel-url-03.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 14-Nov-01
	
This document proposes some extensions to the 'tel' and 'fax' Uniform 
Resource Locators (URLs) for supporting number portability (NP) and 
freephone service.  Those proposed extensions allow the Session 
Initiation Protocol (SIP) to carry those URLs or to convert those 
URLs to the SIP URL so as to support NP and freephone service.  The 
proposed extensions allow the SIP protocol to be used to derive the 
routing number for the ported geographical numbers, identify the 
freephone service provider/carrier or the Plain Old Telephone Service 
(POTS) number for a freephone number, and carry the NP- and 
freephone-related information in the SIP messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yu-tel-url-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yu-tel-url-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yu-tel-url-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.