Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kniveton-sim6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 06:16:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIM Authentication EAP extension over AAAv6 (SIM6)
	Author(s)	: T. Kniveton, J. Malinen
	Filename	: draft-kniveton-sim6-00.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 21-Nov-01
	
Providing an existing scalable authorization infrastructure for mobile
nodes is needed for IPv6-based mobility.  SIM Authentication provides
a protocol for authenticating and authorizing services.  It uses an
authorizing home domain defined by the Subscriber Identity Module
(SIM). The protocol is an Internet Control Message Protocol for IPv6
(ICMPv6) extension.  It can leverage the existing SIM authorization
infrastructure for automatic bootstrapping of security association
between the mobile node and a service, where the service can be
e.g. authorized last-hop VPN setup for network access or Mobile IPv6
mobile-home security association setup.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kniveton-sim6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kniveton-sim6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kniveton-sim6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.