Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shin-ngtrans-application-transition-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 06:55:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Application Aspects of IPv6 Transition
	Author(s)	: M. Shin et al.
	Filename	: draft-shin-ngtrans-application-transition-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 15-Nov-01
	
The document specifies application aspects of IPv6 transition. As
we deploy IPv6 networks, we should consider IPv6 applications
transition in a host, as well as network transition. This document
clarifies the requirements we have in transition period between
IPv4 applications and IPv6 applications, and also provides
application programmers and/or users with guidelines to use
applications without confusion, when various ngtrans mechanisms are
applied.  This document does not try to define any new protocol.
The proposals contained in this document are based on the work of
the Ngtrans working group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shin-ngtrans-application-transition-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shin-ngtrans-application-transition-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shin-ngtrans-application-transition-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.