Subject: Protocol Action: Vendor Extensions for Service Location Protocol, Version 2 to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:45:36 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Vendor Extensions for Service
Location Protocol, Version 2' <draft-guttman-svrloc-vendor-ext-07.txt>
as a Proposed Standard.

This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons Thomas Narten and Erik
Nordmark.

Technical Summary
 
   The Service Location Protocol, Version 2 [RFC 2608] allows for
   vendor extensibility.  This document clarifies how to make use of
   such vendor extensions in order to minimize the chances of name
   space collisions. This document also defines a Vendor Opaque
   Extension, which makes it possible for a vendor to extend SLP
   independently, once the vendor has registered itself with IANA and
   obtained an Enterprise Number.

Working Group Summary

 There were no issues raised during the Last Call period.

Protocol Quality

 This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

Note to RFC Editor: 

	Please change references [4] and [8] to reference
	<http://www.iana.org/numbers.html>