Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-multi-area-te-reqmts-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 06:00:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Multi-Area TE
	Author(s)	: J. Ash et al.
	Filename	: draft-ash-multi-area-te-reqmts-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 29-Nov-01
	
This draft describes requirements for multi-area TE within the context of GMPLS.  Based on the requirements, the goal is to eventually provide
protocol extensions needed for multi-area TE.  Various approaches to
multi-area TE are considered, and these approaches are evaluated against the requirements.  These approaches include state dependent routing (SDR) LSP selection, event dependent routing (EDR) LSP selection, and time dependent routing (TDR) LSP selection.  These approaches include needs to support path-computation server (PCS) functionality, query functionality, crankback functionality, TE feedback functionality, and summary-LSA functionality.
The target in future releases of this document will be to converge on a
reduced subset of the required multi-area TE methods and protocol
extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-multi-area-te-reqmts-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ash-multi-area-te-reqmts-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ash-multi-area-te-reqmts-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.