Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-jfk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:28:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Just Fast Keying (JFK)
	Author(s)	: W. Aiello, S. Bellovin, M. Blaze et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-jfk-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 16-Nov-01
	
Many public-key-based key setup and key agreement protocols already
exist and have been implemented for a variety of applications and
environments.  Several have been proposed for the IPsec protocol,
and one, IKE [rfc2409], is the current standard.  IKE has a number
of deficiencies, the three most important being that the number of
rounds is high, that it is vulnerable to denial-of-service attacks,
and the complexity of its specification.  (This complexity has led
to interoperability problems, so much so that, several years after
its initial adoption by the IETF, there are still completely
non-interoperating implementations.)

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-jfk-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-jfk-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-jfk-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.