Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-liefooghe-castgate-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 05:52:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CastGate: an auto-tunneling architecture for IP 
                          Multicast
	Author(s)	: P. Liefooghe
	Filename	: draft-liefooghe-castgate-01.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 26-Nov-01
	
The architecture described in this document aims at giving as many 
unicast-only end-users access to IP multicast content, this without 
the need for their ISPs to upgrade their network infrastructure to 
IP multicast. It further does not require any change to the unicast 
only infrastructure nor to the end-user operating systems. The 
access that is provided, is from a user's perspective as good as a 
real IP multicast connection. It can be used to send and receive ASM 
as well as SSM content. It further allows applying Authentication, 
Authorization and Accounting (AAA) to IP Multicast.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liefooghe-castgate-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-liefooghe-castgate-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-liefooghe-castgate-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.