Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-elwin-l2tpext-ppvpn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:13:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: L2TP Extensions for PPVPN
	Author(s)	: E. Stelzer, N. Gowda
	Filename	: draft-elwin-l2tpext-ppvpn-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 19-Nov-01
	
Provider Provisioned  VPNs (PPVPNs)  need  a  tunneling  mechanism and a
means to automatically discover VPN membership and signal these tunnels.
This draft  elaborates the use of  L2TP as the  tunneling mechanism, and
defines  extensions  to  L2TP  to  handle  VPN  membership  discovery to
leverage  PPVPNs.  Additional AVPs  are defined, and their behaviour are
explained.  The solution presented here  is applicable  for both L3 VPNs
and L2 VPNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elwin-l2tpext-ppvpn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-elwin-l2tpext-ppvpn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elwin-l2tpext-ppvpn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.