Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-aura-mipv6-bu-attacks-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 06:57:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MIPv6 BU Attacks and Defenses
	Author(s)	: T. Aura, J. Arkko
	Filename	: draft-aura-mipv6-bu-attacks-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 15-Nov-01
	
This document overviews various attacks against mobile and fixed IP 
nodes by exploiting features of the Mobile IPv6 Route Optimization. 
Many of the attacks can be prevented by authenticating the Mobile 
IPv6 Binding Updates (BU) but some cannot, and some denial-of-
service attacks specifically exploit features of authentication 
protocols. The purpose of this document is to list attacks that 
should be taken into consideration when designing protocols for BU 
authentication and to outline available protection mechanisms. We 
also discuss the choice between different levels of protection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aura-mipv6-bu-attacks-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-aura-mipv6-bu-attacks-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-aura-mipv6-bu-attacks-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.