Subject: RFC 3210 on Applicability Statement for Extensions

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:46:50 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3210

        Title:	    Applicability Statement for Extensions to RSVP for
                    LSP-Tunnels 
        Author(s):  D. Awduche, A.  Hannan, X. Xiao
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       December 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17691
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-tunnel-applicability-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3210.txt

This memo discusses the applicability of "Extensions to RSVP (Resource
ReSerVation Protocol) for LSP Tunnels".  It highlights the protocol's
principles of operation and describes the network context for which it
was designed.  Guidelines for deployment are offered and known
protocol limitations are indicated.  This document is intended to
accompany the submission of "Extensions to RSVP for LSP Tunnels" onto
the Internet standards track.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IFTF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.