Subject: Plenaries in Salt Lake City

From: Harald Alvestrand - IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 00:22:48 +0100

IMPORTANT! This message has been blind-carbon-copied to you.
Do not reply-to-all or forward it without the author's permission.

Fellow IETFers,

we had many comments after the plenary in London that this was a good 
plenary, that important topics got raised, and that we need more time for 
this kind of "whole IETF interaction".

We have tried our best to accommodate this for Salt Lake City, and have now 
provided you with TWO opportunities for communication: Two plenary sessions.

The first one, on Wednesday night, is the "IESG plenary", where you will 
get some presentations, some reports from the IESG, and the chance to raise 
the technical and process issues you want to raise with the IESG.

The second one, on Thursday night, is the "IAB plenary", where the focus 
will be on architectural issues", as well as the normal IAB-related 
presentations.
Here you get the chance to raise all the issues about the architecture of 
the Internet you want to raise.

A special swap has been made: Due to some people's schedule, the report 
from the IRTF and the presentation of an IRTF RG is done on Wednesday, even 
though this is under the auspices of the IAB, and would normally be 
reported together with the IAB session.

As before - if you know that you have topics you want raised - if you mail 
them to the IETF list, the IAB or the IESG as appropriate ahead of time, 
you will increase the chances slightly that we will be able to come back to 
you with relevant information.

We look forward to listening to you in Salt Lake City!

                 Harald Alvestrand
                  IETF Chair