Subject: RFC 3208 on PGM Reliable Transport Protocol

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:41:19 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3208

        Title:	    PGM Reliable Transport Protocol Specification
        Author(s):  T. Speakman, J. Crowcroft, J. Gemmell,
                    D. Farinacci, S. Lin, D. Leshchiner, M. Luby,
                    T. Montgomery, L. Rizzo, A. Tweedly, N. Bhaskar,
                    R. Edmonstone, R. Sumanasekera, L. Vicisano 
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       December 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked] 
        Pages:      111
        Characters: 244637
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-speakman-pgm-spec-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3208.txt

Pragmatic General Multicast (PGM) is a reliable multicast transport
protocol for applications that require ordered or unordered,
duplicate-free, multicast data delivery from multiple sources to
multiple receivers.  PGM guarantees that a receiver in the group
either receives all data packets from transmissions and repairs, or is
able to detect unrecoverable data packet loss.  PGM is specifically
intended as a workable solution for multicast applications with basic
reliability requirements.  Its central design goal is simplicity of
operation with due regard for scalability and network efficiency.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.