Subject: Document Action: Overview and Principles of Internet Traffic Engineering to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 18:45:54 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Overview and Principles of
Internet Traffic Engineering' <draft-ietf-tewg-principles-02.txt> as an
Informational RFC.  This document is the product of the Internet
Traffic Engineering Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Bert
Wijnen and Scott Bradner.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please change the text of item 3 (under 6.2 Routing Recommendations)
From:

   3. Modifying IGP metrics to control traffic routing tends to
      have network-wide effect. Consequently, undesirable and
      unanticipated traffic shifts can be triggered as a result.

   Because of these limitations, new capabilities are needed to enhance
   the routing function in IP networks.  Some of these capabilities have
   been described elsewhere and are summarized below.

To:

   3. Modifying IGP metrics to control traffic routing tends to
      have network-wide effect. Consequently, undesirable and
      unanticipated traffic shifts can be triggered as a result.
      Recent work described in Section 8.0 may be capable of
      better control [FT00, FT01].