Subject: Last Call: LDAPv2 to Historical Status

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:48:55 -0500

The IESG has received a request to consider classifying the following
RFCs as Historic:

RFC1777 Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
RFC1778 The String Representation of Standard Attribute Syntaxes
RFC1779 A String Representation of Distinguished Names
RFC1781 Using the OSI Directory to Achieve User Friendly Naming
RFC2559 Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Operational Protocols
        - LDAPv2

The request includes IESG consideration of 'LDAPv2 to Historical
Status' <draft-zeilenga-ldapv2-02.txt> as an Informational RFC.  This
has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working
Group.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by January 18, 2002.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldapv2-02.txt