Subject: 52nd IETF - IP Storage WG (ips)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:47:20 -0500

IP Storage WG (ips)

Monday, December 10 at 0900-1130
Tuesday, Decmber 11 at 0900-1130
=================================

CHAIRS: David L. Black <[email-masked]>
        Elizabeth Rodriguez <[email-masked]>

DRAFT AGENDA: SUBJECT TO CHANGE

INTERIM MEETING: February 6-8, Huntington Beach, CA, USA
        General meeting covering all WG work items.  An announcement
        with location and additional details will be posted to the list.
        Some WG Last Calls are expected during January - among the purposes
                of this meeting is to address issues raised during WG Last
Call.

---- Monday, December 10, 0900-1130 ----

- Agenda Bashing and Administrivia (5 min)
        - BLUE SHEETS
        - NOTE WELL
        - Interim Meeting (see above)
        - Charter and Milestone revisions (coming soon)
        - Separation of normative and non-normative references in drafts

- Security (30 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-security-07.txt

        Certificate issues and encapsulation mode (transport,tunnel)
requirements

- FC Encapsulation (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-fcencapsulation-04.txt

        Status update

- iFCP MIB (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-mib-00.txt

        Status update

- iFCP (30 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-07.txt

        Includes FC broadcast and multiple iFCP instances at same IP
address.

- iSNS (20 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-isns-06.txt

        Security of iSNS and iSNS as used with iFCP and iSCSI, including
                security policy distribution.

- iSNS MIB (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-isns-mib-01.txt

        Status update

- FCIP (45 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcipip-07.txt

        Includes WWN short frame security

- SLP and FCIP (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-fcip-slp-01.txt

        Status update.

---- Tuesday, December 11, 0900-1130 ----

- Agenda Re-Bashing and Administrivia (5 min)

- SCSI, FC Management and FCIP MIBs (10 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-fcip-mib-00.txt

        Status update.  No drafts available for SCSI and FC Management MIBs.
        ***May be taken up on Monday if time is available**

- iSCSI Plugfest Report and Discussion (20 min)

- iSCSI SRP Intellectual Property Rights (15 min)

        Report on known status of IPR issues for SRP.  NOTE: Progress is
                being made on these issues.

- iSCSI Framing Mechanism Requirements (15 min)
        draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-ulp-frame-01.txt

        NOTE: The contents of this draft will be discussed in TSVWG.  This
IPS WG
                time is to discuss iSCSI requirements for use of these
mechanisms.

- iSCSI (40 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-09.txt

        Includes Out of Order Operation

- iSCSI Boot (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-boot-04.txt
        draft-sarkar-dhc-iscsi-boot-00.txt

        Status update.

- iSCSI Naming and Discovery Requirements (20 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-03.txt

        Includes ISID changes.

- iSCSI stringprep (5 min)
        draft-bakke-iscsi-stringprep-00.txt

        The author would like the WG to adopt this as an official WG work
item.

- Use of SLP and iSNS with ISCSI (10 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-slp-02.txt
        draft-ietf-ips-isns-06.txt

        Status updates

- iSCSI MIB (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-mib-03.txt

        Status update and relationship to SCSI MIB.  Table structure
                diagram available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/iscsi/Visio-ietf-iscsi-mib-structure-03.pdf

DESCRIPTION:

        The IP Storage WG works on using IP-based networks to transport
block storage
        traffic.  See http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ips-charter.html