Subject: 52nd IETF - Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks WG

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:25:21 -0500

Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks WG (ppvpn)

Wednesday, December 12 at 0900-1130
=====================================

CHAIRS: Marco Carugi [email-masked]
        Rick Wilder  [email-masked]

MAILING LIST: [email-masked]
ARCHIVES: //ppvpn.francetelecom.com

NOTE : a lot of slot requests as usual, sorry for reduced allocations.

AGENDA:

Agenda bashing - chairs

  PPVPN work status - 5 min - Marco Carugi
  WG ID status and milestones, work items, Design Teams, report/input from
Sub-IP Area and Directorate meetings,
  progress expected before next meeting, issues and missing work

  PPVPN Service requirements and Framework - 7 min - Dave McDysan, Ross
Callon/Muneyoshi Suzuki
  Update, open issues before last Call
  draft-ietf-ppvpn-requirements-03.txt
  draft-ietf-ppvpn-framework-02.txt

  PPVPN CE-based IPsec VPN solution document - 13 min - Jeremy De
Clercq/Cliff Wang
  Update, open issues, future steps
  draft-ietf-ppvpn-ce-based-01.txt
  draft-wang-cevpn-routing-00.txt
  draft-wang-cevpn-group-00.txt

  Applicability Statements - 5 min - Junichi Sumimoto
  Guidelines update, open issues, future steps
  draft-sumimoto-ppvpn-applicability-guidelines-01.txt

  Discovery schemes for PPVPN
  - Report of "Discovery" Design Team - 10 min - one team member
  Main conclusions, issues
  draft-squire-ppvpn-vpn-discovery-reqts-00.txt
  - Directory/LDP-based VPNs - 10 min - Juha Heinanen
  Just overview, open issues, future steps
  draft-luciani-ppvpn-vpn-discovery-01.txt
  draft-heinanen-dirldp-uni-vc-vpns-01.txt
  draft-heinanen-dirldp-eth-vpns-01.txt
  - Open discussion on discovery schemes and future PPVPN work - 10 min -
all

L3 VPN space
  - CE-to-CE authentication for rfc2547 VPNs - 10 min - Ron Bonica
  Just ID overview, issues, future steps
  draft-bonica-l3vpn-auth-01.txt
  - PPVPN MIBs - 5 min - Tom Nadeau/Elwin Stelzer
  Update, issues, future steps
  draft-ietf-ppvpn-mpls-vpn-mib-03.txt
  draft-ietf-ppvpn-vr-mib-01.txt

  L2 VPN requirements and architecture
  - Report of the "VPLS Requirements" Design Team - 15 min - one team member

  Main conclusions, issues, future steps, which progress for the
requirements ID
  draft-augustyn-vpls-requirements-00.txt
  - VPLS architecture, VPLS bandwidth management - 5 min - Waldemar Augustyn

  Just issues, future steps, which progress for IDs
  draf-augustyn-vpls-arch-00.txt
  draft-augustyn-vpls-bw-00.txt

  L2 VPN solution space (point-to-point, multipoint) : structure of the
solution space, issues, objectives in terms
  of "L2 VPN candidate solutions"
  - Report of first steps of the "L2 VPN solutions" Design Team - 25 min -
one or two team members
  Classification of current solution proposals (and IDs), main commonalities
and differences between proposals,
  possible convergences and open issues, draft list of DT work items and DT
objectives for March 02 meeting
  L2 VPN solution-oriented IDs :
  draft-kompella-ppvpn-l2vpn-01.txt
  draft-shah-mpls-l2vpn-ext-00.txt
  draft-shah-mpls-l2vpn-reduce-00.txt
  draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-00.txt
  draft-martini-l2circuit-trans-mpls-08.txt
  draft-cai-ppvpn-vc-rsvp-te-00.txt
  draft-tsenevir-l2vpn-gre-00.txt
  draft-lasserre-vkompella-ppvpn-tls-00.txt
  draft-kompella-ppvpn-dtls-01.txt
  draft-kompella-ppvpn-vpls-00.txt
  draft-ouldbrahim-l2vpn-lpe-01.txt
  draft-knight-l2vpn-lpe-ad-00.txt
  draft-heinanen-dirldp-uni-vc-vpns-01.txt
  draft-heinanen-dirldp-eth-vpns-01.txt
  draft-khandekar-ppvpn-hvpls-mpls-00.txt
  draft-menezes-inter-city-man-mpls-00.txt

Note to the 5 ID authors who requested a slot in this section : as
presentations of IDs
  are not in scope of a WG meeting, main elements and issues related to your
drafts should be
  presented in the context of this "Design Team" slot (most of the main
authors of these IDs are
  members of this team).
  - Open discussion on PPVPN work in the L2 VPN solution space - 15 min -
all
  Structure of the work, issues, objectives in terms of "candidate
solutions", first work items

  PPVPNs using extended L2TP - 5 min - Elwin Stelzer
  Just overview, open issues, future steps, why the ID should be considered
and how to deal with it
  draft-elwin-l2tpext-ppvpn-00.txt

  Tunnel topology - 5 min - Heinrich Hummel
  Just PPVPN problems addressed, open issues, future steps, how to deal with
the ID
  draft-hummel-ppvpn-mp2p-tunnel-sequencing-00.txt

  Recap of action points and conclusion - 5 min - chairs