Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bidulock-sigtran-corid-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:27:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Correlation Id and Hearbeat Procedures 
                          (CORID)Supporting Lossless Fail-Over between SCTP 
                          Associations for Signalling User Adaptation Layers
	Author(s)	: B. Bidulock
	Filename	: draft-bidulock-sigtran-corid-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 14-Jan-02
	
This Internet-Draft describes Correlation Id and Heartbeat
procedures to support lossless fail-over between SCTP [RFC 2960]
associations for Signalling User Adaptation Protocols [M3UA, SUA,
TUA] above MTP3 [Q.704] supporting the concept of a Routing Context.
These procedures permit lossless fail-over between Application Server
Processes (ASPs) at a Signalling Gateway (SG) and fail-over between
Signalling Gateway Processes (SGPs) and Signalling Gateways (SGs) at
an Application Server Process (ASP).  Lossless fail-over permits
these fail-overs to occur without loss or duplication of UA-User
messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bidulock-sigtran-corid-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bidulock-sigtran-corid-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bidulock-sigtran-corid-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.