Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ippm-loss-pattern-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:39:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: One-way Loss Pattern Sample Metrics
	Author(s)	: R. Koodli, R. Ravikanth
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ippm-loss-pattern-06.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 11-Jan-02
	
The Internet exhibits certain specific types of behavior (e.g.,
bursty packet loss) that can affect the performance seen by the users
as well as the operators.  Previously, the focus of the IPPM had
been on specifying base metrics such as delay, loss and connectivity
under the framework described in [10].  However, specific Internet
behaviors can also be captured under the umbrella of IPPM framework,
specifying new concepts while reusing existing guidelines as much as
possible.  This document defines metrics derived from the previously
specified base metrics to capture loss patterns experienced by
streams of packets on the Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-loss-pattern-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ippm-loss-pattern-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-loss-pattern-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.