Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for the General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:13:33 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Definitions of Managed
Objects for the General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP)'
<draft-ietf-gsmp-mib-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This document is
the product of the General Switch Management Protocol Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
  The General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP) is a general purpose protocol
  to control a label switch. GSMP allows a controller to establish and
  release connections across the switch, to manage switch ports and to
  request configuration information or statistics. It also allows the switch
  to inform the controller of asynchronous events such as a link going down.

  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) to
  support GSMP for use with network management protocols in the Internet
  community.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The working group supports this specification, and no issues were raised
  during IETF last-call.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.