Subject: Protocol Action: Textual Conventions for Internet Network Addresses to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:28:13 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Textual Conventions for
Internet Network Addresses' <draft-ietf-ops-rfc2851-update-06.txt> as a
Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the Operations &
Management Open Area Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Bert
Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
  This memo defines a MIB module with textual conventions to represent
  commonly used Internet network layer addressing information.  The
  intent is that these textual conventions will be imported and used
  in MIB modules that would otherwise define their own representations.

  This document obsoletes RFC 2851.

Working Group Summary

  This document is the product of a IPv6MIB Design Team. It is not
  produced by a working group. However, the document has had a
  pseudo WG Last Call on the [email-masked] mailing list with
  alerts to the IPng WG mailing list as well. Further there was a
  4 week IETF Last Call for final comments.

  As a result, the document has undergone a number of revisions.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.