Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 08:47:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Event Package for Keys
	Author(s)	: B. Culpepper, R. Fairlie-Cuninghame, J. Mule
	Filename	: draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-00.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 07-Jan-02
	
This document defines a new SIP event package and presents a 
framework for defining key event packages to be used by SIP network 
entities for requesting and reporting state related to keys or 
buttons.  The proposal currently defines key event packages to 
represent telephone dial pads, feature buttons found on many 
commercial telephones, standard keyboards as well as the framework 
to support user or device specific buttons (for instance, a 'Double 
Latte' button).  The event package and associated key packages can 
be used to enable new SIP services where an application or a SIP 
entity requires user indications that are generated through key-
based input which are common to many SIP communications endpoints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.