Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-seamoby-ct-reqs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:50:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Context Transfer, Handoff Candidate Discovery, and Dormant Mode Host Alerting Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: General Requirements for a Context Transfer
	Author(s)	: H. Syed, G. Kenward et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-seamoby-ct-reqs-03.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 25-Jan-02
	
The success of time sensitive services like VoIP telephony, video, 
etc., in a mobile environment depends heavily on the ability to 
minimize the impact of the traffic redirection during a change of 
packet forwarding path. In the process of establishing the new 
forwarding path, the nodes along the new path must be prepared to 
provide similar forwarding treatment to the IP packets. The transfer
of context information may be advantageous in minimizing the impact
of host mobility on IP services. This document captures the set of 
requirements for a context transfer framework and the requirements
for a generic context transfer protocol to carry the context between
the context transfer peers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-seamoby-ct-reqs-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-seamoby-ct-reqs-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-seamoby-ct-reqs-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.