Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lee-maa-mip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 08:47:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Avalanche Avoidance in Mobile IP (MAAMIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Lee
	Filename	: draft-lee-maa-mip-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 07-Jan-02
	
While it is a necessary feature that the home agent tunnels
multicast packets to mobile nodes away from home, it can cause
severe network congestion on the forward path between the home
agent and the care-of address nodes, because of the unicast
tunneling of multicast packets. Multicast avalanche avoidance in
Mobile IP (MAAMIP) is designed to avoid the network congestion by
using of Explicit multicast tunneling. Explicit multicast tunneling
in Mobile IP enables avoidance of network congestion and realizes
the true bandwidth saving, which is the primitive goal of
multicast.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-maa-mip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lee-maa-mip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lee-maa-mip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.