Subject: RFC 3238 on IAB Considerations for OPES

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:23:52 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3238

        Title:	    IAB Architectural and Policy Considerations for
                    Open Pluggable Edge Services
        Author(s):  Internet Architecture Board (IAB),
                    S. Floyd, L. Daigle
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       January 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 42336
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  NONE

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-opes-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3238.txt

This document includes comments and recommendations by the IAB on
some architectural and policy issues related to the chartering of
Open Pluggable Edge Services (OPES) in the IETF.  OPES are services
that would be deployed at application-level intermediaries in the
network, for example, at a web proxy cache between the origin server
and the client.  These intermediaries would transform or filter
content, with the explicit consent of either the content provider or
the end user.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.