Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-itu-enum-notes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 07:57:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The History and Context of ENUM Operational Decisions:
                          Informational Documents Contributed to ITU-T SG2
	Author(s)	: J. Klensin
	Filename	: draft-iab-itu-enum-notes-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 21-Jan-02
	
RFC 2916 assigned responsibility for a number of administrative and
operational details of ENUM to the IAB.  It also anticipated that ITU
would take responsibility for determining the legitimacy and
appropriateness of applicants for delegation of 'country code'-level
subdomains of the top-level ENUM domain.  Recently, three memos have
been prepared for the ITU-T Study Group 2 to explain the background
of, and reasoning for, the relevant decisions.  The IAB has also
supplied a set of procedural instructions to The RIPE NCC for
implementation of their part of the model. The content of the three
memos is provided in this document for the information of the IETF
community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-itu-enum-notes-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iab-itu-enum-notes-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iab-itu-enum-notes-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.