Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-robinson-mrcp-sip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 16:06:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using Media Resource Control Protocol over SIP
	Author(s)	: F. Robinson
	Filename	: draft-robinson-mrcp-sip-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 08-Jan-02
	
This Draft presents a method for using Media Resource Control
Protocol (MRCP) in the body of SIP messages for the purpose of
controlling Prompt Players, Text to Speech, and Speech Recognition
Engines.  Here we present MRCP->SIP as a function of the 'Service
Controller,' identified in the decomposition of Application Server
Compenent Architecutures for SIP (draft-rosenberg-sip-app-components-
01).  The aurthor's believe that MRCP->SIP brings some powerful
synergies to bare; rapid development of reliable media resource
control, and the highly available, redundant, SIP infrastructure,
capable of intelligent resource location.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-robinson-mrcp-sip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-robinson-mrcp-sip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-robinson-mrcp-sip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.