Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pana-usage-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:02:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol for carrying Authentication for Network Access Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PANA Usage Scenarios
	Author(s)	: Y. Ohba et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pana-usage-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 29-Jan-02
	
Many commercial networks today require users to provide their
authentication information before being allowed access to network
resources.  Resources could include basic access to the network or
could be more specific services in the network or a certain grade of
service, etc.  Currently, the authentication process depends upon the
type of network that a user is attaching to and in most cases it is
specific to an access technology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-usage-scenarios-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pana-usage-scenarios-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-usage-scenarios-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.