Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-static-media-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 16:02:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generic RTP Payload Format for Time-lined Static Media
	Author(s)	: M. Westerlund et al.
	Filename	: draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-static-media-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 08-Jan-02
	
This Internet Draft discusses an RTP payload format for time-lined
static media. 'Time-lined static media' means static media objects
like pictures and text extended by timing information. Applications
that would benefit from such a payload format are for instance
slideshow streaming and streaming of subtitled video and audio. We
discuss the important requirements for a payload format and propose a
specification that suits those requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-static-media-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-static-media-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-avt-rtp-static-media-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.