Subject: Last Call: An Architecture for Describing SNMP Management Frameworks to Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:51:52 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the SNMP Version 3 Working Group
to consider publication of the following Internet-Drafts as Standards:

 o An Architecture for Describing SNMP Management Frameworks
   <draft-ietf-snmpv3-arch-v2-02.txt> as a Standard.

 o Message Processing and Dispatching for the Simple Network Management
   Protocol (SNMP) <draft-ietf-snmpv3-mpd-v2-02.txt>

 o SNMP Applications <draft-ietf-snmpv3-appl-v3-01.txt>

 o User-based Security Model (USM) for version 3 of the Simple Network
   Management Protocol (SNMPv3)
   <draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-v2-rfc2574bis-01.txt>

 o View-based Access Control Model (VACM) for the Simple Network
   Management Protocol (SNMP) <draft-ietf-snmpv3-vacm-v2-01.txt>

These are editorial updates to RFCs 2571-2575 respectfully. 

As part of this action, RFC1157 (A Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP))
and RFC1901 (Introduction to Community-based SNMPv2) will be reclassified
as Historic.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the 
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by January 31, 2002.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-arch-v2-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-mpd-v2-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-appl-v3-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-v2-rfc2574bis-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-vacm-v2-01.txt