Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sajassi-vpls-architectures-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:07:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: VPLS Architectures
	Author(s)	: A. Sajassi et al.
	Filename	: draft-sajassi-vpls-architectures-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 27-Feb-02
	
This document defines a reference architecture for a VPLS system. It 
describes possible VPLS architectures based on this reference 
architecture and the merits of each. Each VPLS architecture is 
described in terms of its logical components and their relationship to 
each other, as well as the mapping of these logical components to 
physical network elements. By understanding these logical components, 
which are fundamental building blocks for any VPLS system, one can 
easily compare different VPLS architectures and understand the pros and 
cons of each. A VPLS system may support one or more of these 
architectures simultaneously.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-vpls-architectures-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sajassi-vpls-architectures-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-vpls-architectures-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.