Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:06:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ARP Mediation for IP interworking of Layer 2 VPN
	Author(s)	: H. Shah et al.
	Filename	: draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 19-Feb-02
	
This draft addresses an issue in a particular kind of Layer 2 VPN, 
which provides point-to-point connectivity for IP traffic only.  In 
this kind of VPN it is possible to form heterogeneous point-to-point 
links, where the two ends of the link use different technologies, 
e.g., one end is Ethernet and the other is Frame Relay or ATM.  If 
two IP systems are connected via a heterogeneous point-to-point link, 
each may be using different address learning techniques, e.g., one is 
using ARP and the other Inverse ARP. It is up to the Provider Edge 
routers to make these different techniques interwork.  This draft 
specifies the procedures, which the Provider Edge routers should 
perform in order to allow correct operation across heterogeneous 
point-to-point links.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.