Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-le-pana-agent-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 06:21:57 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An efficient method to dicover an agent in the network
	Author(s)	: S. Faccin, F. Le
	Filename	: draft-le-pana-agent-discovery-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 22-Feb-02
	
In many protocols, such as IP Paging [1] and PANA [2], there is the
need for the user to discover an agent in the network: In IP Paging,
the user first needs to discover the address of the Paging agent in
order to perform Paging registration, Paging Area Update and other
paging procedures. In the same way, in PANA, the user first needs to
discover the PANA Authentication Agent to know where to send its
credential.  This document describes an efficient method for a user
to discover one, or many agents in the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-le-pana-agent-discovery-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-le-pana-agent-discovery-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-le-pana-agent-discovery-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.