Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jablon-speke-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:04:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The SPEKE Password-Based Key Agreement Methods
	Author(s)	: D. Jablon
	Filename	: draft-jablon-speke-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 13-Feb-02
	
This document describes SPEKE, B-SPEKE, and SRP-4, three methods for
password-based key agreement and authentication.  In the same class
of techniques as SRP-3 [RFC 2945], these methods provide a zero-
knowledge proof of a password and authenticate session keys over an
unprotected channel, with minimal dependency on infrastructure and
proper user behavior.  These methods are compatible with IEEE 1363
and ANSI X9 standards, and are closely aligned with RFC 2945 from an
application perspective.  They are also based on different
fundamental techniques than earlier patented alternatives, providing
an expanded set of choices for convenient and secure personal
authentication over the Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jablon-speke-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jablon-speke-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jablon-speke-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.