Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shah-ppvpn-vpls-pe-mtu-signaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:07:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Signaling between PE and L2PE/MTU for Decoupled VPLS 
                          and Hierarchical VPLS
	Author(s)	: H. Shah et al.
	Filename	: draft-shah-ppvpn-vpls-pe-mtu-signaling-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 27-Feb-02
	
The [DTLS] draft identifies the need for an information exchange 
mechanism between a PE device and its adjunct L2PE devices in the 
decoupled transparent LAN architecture. For example, the PE needs to 
provide information to an L2PE about the existence of remote 
site(s), and the MPLS label(s) that the L2PE needs to use to reach 
those site(s). The [HVPLS] draft requires signaling between the PE-
rs and the MTU-s device to setup the spoke VC connection for the 
VPLS service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shah-ppvpn-vpls-pe-mtu-signaling-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shah-ppvpn-vpls-pe-mtu-signaling-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shah-ppvpn-vpls-pe-mtu-signaling-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.