Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rescorla-sec-cons-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:02:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Guidelines for Writing RFC Text on Security 
                          Considerations
	Author(s)	: E. Rescorla, B. Korver
	Filename	: draft-rescorla-sec-cons-04.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 25-Feb-02
	
All RFCs are required by [RFC1543] to contain a Security Considera-
tions section. The purpose of this is both to encourage document
authors to consider security in their designs and to inform the
reader of relevant security issues. This memo is intended to provide
guidance to RFC authors in service of both ends.
This document is structured in three parts. The first is a combina-
tion security tutorial and definition of common terms; the second is
a series of guidelines for writing Security Considerations; the third
is a series of examples.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rescorla-sec-cons-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rescorla-sec-cons-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rescorla-sec-cons-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.