Subject: RFC 3214 on LSP Modification Using CR-LDP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 16:23:28 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3214

        Title:	    LSP Modification Using CR-LDP
        Author(s):  J. Ash, Y. Lee, P. Ashwood-Smith, B. Jamoussi,
                    D. Fedyk, D. Skalecki, L. Li
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       January 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked] 
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 25453
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  NONE

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-crlsp-modify-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3214.txt

This document presents an approach to modify the bandwidth and
possibly other parameters of an established CR-LSP (Constraint-based
Routed Label Switched Paths) using CR-LDP (Constraint-based Routed
Label Distribution Protocol) without service interruption.  After a
CR-LSP is set up, its bandwidth reservation may need to be changed by
the network operator, due to the new requirements for the traffic
carried on that CR-LSP.  The LSP modification feature can be supported
by CR-LDP by use of the _modify_value for the _action indicator flag_
in the LSPID TLV.  This feature has application in dynamic network
resources management where traffic of different priorities and service
classes is involved.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.