Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vandenbosch-mpls-fa-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:01:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Further considerations for Forwarding Adjacency LSPs
	Author(s)	: S. Van den Bosch, D. Papadimitriou
	Filename	: draft-vandenbosch-mpls-fa-considerations-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 25-Feb-02
	
Forwarding adjacencies (FA) as described in [2] are a useful tool 
for improving the scalability of Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic 
Engineering (TE). Through the aggregation of TE LSPs this concept 
enables the creation of a TE-LSP Hierarchy. Forwarding adjacency 
LSPs (FA-LSP or simply FA) may be advertised as TE link into the 
same instance of ISIS/OSPF as the one that was used to create the 
LSP, allowing other LSRs to use FAs as TE-links for their path 
computation. As such, forwarding adjacency LSP have characteristics 
of both links and LSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vandenbosch-mpls-fa-considerations-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vandenbosch-mpls-fa-considerations-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vandenbosch-mpls-fa-considerations-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.