Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zmolek-enum-pointer-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 06:20:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ENUM Service Resolution Pointer
	Author(s)	: A. Zmolek
	Filename	: draft-zmolek-enum-pointer-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 21-Feb-02
	
Current notions of service field tags in ENUM NAPTR records would 
frame the service exposure problem as a tradeoff between the privacy 
and heft involved in revealing detailed service information on the 
one hand or the arbitrary constraint of such information on the 
other. This draft suggests an alternative approach that keeps NAPTR 
record size small, places service exposure policy and presence 
capabilities in the hands of the ENUM registrant where it belongs, 
and minimizes impact to the ENUM registrar and their respective DNS 
architecture.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zmolek-enum-pointer-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zmolek-enum-pointer-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zmolek-enum-pointer-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.