Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-banerjee-flowlabel-ipv6-qos-00.txt,.ps,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:50:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Modified Specification for use of the IPv6 Flow 
                          Label for providing efficient Quality
                          of Service using hybrid approach
	Author(s)	: R. Banerjee et al.
	Filename	: draft-banerjee-flowlabel-ipv6-qos-00.txt,.ps,.pdf
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 04-Feb-02
	
This memo suggests a modified specification for defining the 20-bit
Flow Label field using a hybrid approach that includes options to
provide IntServ as well as DiffServ-based support for Quality of
Service. It also compares various suggested approaches for defining
the 20-bit Flow Label field in IPv6 Base Header based on RFC 2460
(December 1998) and draft-conta-ipv-flow-label-02.txt by Conta &   
Carpenter (July 2001). The resultant mechanism is fully   

    implementable and unambiguous as even the lower-level details have

    been worked out as may be required for real implementations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-banerjee-flowlabel-ipv6-qos-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-banerjee-flowlabel-ipv6-qos-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-banerjee-flowlabel-ipv6-qos-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.