Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-elwin-ppvpn-l2tp-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 06:21:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PPVPN Architecture using L2TP
	Author(s)	: E. Eliazer, B. Kumar, B. Schliesser
	Filename	: draft-elwin-ppvpn-l2tp-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 21-Feb-02
	
This document discusses the use of L2TP for establishing PPVPNs. It
proposes to use L2TP for VPN membership, topology discovery, and as a
tunneling mechanism. The basic idea is based on leveraging the inherent
strengths of L2TP for tunneling traffic, and extend the same advantages
to PPVPNS. The mechanism is applicable for both Layer2 and Layer3
PPVPNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elwin-ppvpn-l2tp-arch-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-elwin-ppvpn-l2tp-arch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elwin-ppvpn-l2tp-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.