Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ernst-monet-terminology-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:00:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Network Mobility Support Terminology
	Author(s)	: T. Ernst et al.
	Filename	: draft-ernst-monet-terminology-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 20-Feb-02
	
The purpose of traditional mobility support is to provide continuous
Internet connectivity to mobile hosts (host mobility support). In
contrast, network mobility support is concerned with situations where
an entire network changes its point of attachment to the Internet and
thus its reachability in the topology. We shall refer to such a
network as a mobile network (MONET). There is presently no existing
terminology to define the issues, goals, architecture elements,
problems and requirements pertaining to network mobility support, but
one is needed. It is therefore the object of this document to define
a new terminology, to depict the characteristics of mobile networks
and to make some observations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ernst-monet-terminology-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ernst-monet-terminology-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ernst-monet-terminology-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.