Subject: Protocol Action: The VCDIFF Generic Differencing and Compression Data Format to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:35:11 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'The VCDIFF Generic
Differencing and Compression Data Format' <draft-korn-vcdiff-06.txt> as
a Proposed Standard.  This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the
product of an IETF Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Patrik
Faltstrom and Ned Freed.

Technical Summary
 
The memo describes a general and efficient data format suitable
for encoding compressed and/or differencing data so that they can
be easily transported among computers. It is used as one of the
proposed format for transfer of differencing data over HTTP.

Working Group Summary

This is an individual submission to the IETF. The document was
discussed on various mailing lists, including <[email-masked]>,
about the HTTP protocol.

Protocol Quality

The protocol was reviewed for the IESG by Patrik Faltstrom.