Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-satish-contexttransfer-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 06:56:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Context Transfer Framework for supporting fast 
                          handover
	Author(s)	: S. Jamadagni et al.
	Filename	: draft-satish-contexttransfer-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 08-Feb-02
	
Mobile nodes enhance their connections across wireless media by
establishing specific parameters at the FA/AR/AP in order to
facilitate optimal usage of the resources as well as enhance the QoS
as seen by a MN. During handover from one access router to another, a
bandwidth-constrained mobile node MAY need to have state information
passed from the previous router to the new one.  This document
proposes a context transfer framework that makes use of existing fast
handoff signaling for context transfer as well as provide a mechanism
for QoS negotiation and renegotiations. We also cover CT under CAR
discovery. The suggested mechanism provides for context transfer so
that the applications running on the mobile node could operate with
minimal disruption.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-satish-contexttransfer-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-satish-contexttransfer-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-satish-contexttransfer-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.