Subject: Protocol Action: Remote Monitoring MIB Extensions for Differentiated Services to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 14:52:27 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Remote Monitoring MIB
Extensions for Differentiated Services'
<draft-ietf-rmonmib-dsmon-mib-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Remote Network Monitoring Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
    This memo defines a portion of the Management Information
    Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in the
    Internet community. In particular, it describes managed
    objects used for monitoring Differentiated Services
    Codepoint usage in packets which contain a DS field (as
    specified in RFC 2474), utilizing the monitoring framework
    defined in the RMON-2 MIB (as specified in RFC 2021).

Working Group Summary
    The working group has reached consensus to request this
    document for publication as Proposed Standard. There was
    good inetraction with the Diffserv WG and as a result
    various changes and clarifications were made.

Protocol Quality

    This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Harrie Hazewinkel
    and Bert Wijnen.