Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-srinivas-access-na-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:23:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Access Control for Networked Appliances
	Author(s)	: B. Srinivas, T. Chan
	Filename	: draft-srinivas-access-na-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 26-Feb-02
	
The use of the SIP protocol for controlling Networked Appliances (NA)
has been proposed in several recent IETF drafts including [1] and
[2]. The issue of controlling access to NAs from a remote device
is paramount, especially in the context of NAs in the home. This
draft investigates the issue of where the access rules must be stored
and executed to control access to an NA. The use of proxy gateways
within the home domain and their resultant impact on communication
pathways between the remote device and the NAs have been studied.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-srinivas-access-na-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-srinivas-access-na-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-srinivas-access-na-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.