Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mccoy-pppext-pppoephy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 06:21:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PPP over Full Duplex Point-to-Point Ethernet Physical 
                          Layers
	Author(s)	: E. McCoy, J. Sauer
	Filename	: draft-mccoy-pppext-pppoephy-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 21-Feb-02
	
This document provides a definition for encapsulating the PPP
protocol directly on the various full duplex point-to-point Ethernet
physical layers. The later includes transmission bit rates of
10Mbps, 100Mbps, 1Gbps, and 10Gbps. Note this is a distinct protocol
from PPPoE, as the Ethernet frame is not existent here.  All PPP
packet semantics and syntax are retained. The proposed methods in
this document may be especially useful for low cost, high bandwidth
physical channel implementations. In particular it specifies and
redefines all necessary Ethernet Medium Independent Interface
functional 'clauses.'

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mccoy-pppext-pppoephy-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mccoy-pppext-pppoephy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mccoy-pppext-pppoephy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.