Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dupont-ipv6-payload-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:10:57 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The IPv6 Payload Header
	Author(s)	: F. Dupont
	Filename	: draft-dupont-ipv6-payload-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 05-Mar-02
	
This draft describes a method by which many IPv6 payload data
bodies may be encapsulated in a single IPv6 datagram using a new
non-terminal header will contain both a payload and necessary
fields (like a ``next header'' field) allowing header chaining.
This document specifies how two packets can be merged into a single
one and the reverse one-step operation. But the main purpose is to
provide a basis to discussions about the pros and cons of such a
mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dupont-ipv6-payload-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dupont-ipv6-payload-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dupont-ipv6-payload-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.