Subject: 53rd IETF - Next Generation Structure of Management Information WG (sming)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:43:24 -0500

Next Generation Structure of Management Information WG (sming)

Wednesday, March 20 at 1530-1730
=================================

CHAIR:  David Durham <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

Agenda bashing (1 min)

WG Status, [Chair] (14 mins)

Updated discussion of latest SMIng-DS submission [Andy Bierman] (30mins)
        - Structure of Management Information Data Structures:
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bierman-sming-ds-02.txt

Review of NMRG Proposal (10mins)
        - SMIng Compliance to WG Objectives:
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sming-compl-00.txt
        - SMIng - Next Generation Structure of Management Information:
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sming-02.txt
        - SMIng Core Modules:
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sming-modules-02.txt
        - SMIng Internet Protocol Core Modules:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sming-inet-modules-02.txt
        - SMIng Mappings to SNMP:
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sming-snmp-02.txt

WG consensus issues to be formulated [Chair] (40 mins)
        - Syntax (keep SMIv2 look and feel or something more mainstream)
        - Hierarchical OID instance space or tabular or allow both
        - Flexibility of reuse
        - Dealing with multiple protocols and data formats (i.e. CLI)

Open Floor [Chair] (15mins)