Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-heckmann-tdp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 06:57:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Tariff Distribution Protocol (TDP)
	Author(s)	: O. Heckmann et al.
	Filename	: draft-heckmann-tdp-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 06-Mar-02
	
This draft describes a very flexible and efficient protocol for 
distributing price information (tariffs) inside an Internet 
Service Provider's management system and to its customers. It is 
designed to work with multiple QoS architectures, for example 
Intserv [2] and Diffserv [4]. It can also be used for dynamic 
pricing. It can use a number of different transport mechanisms, 
e.g. embedding tariff messages as policy objects in RSVP [9] 
messages. As tariffs can get very complex, it is possible but not 
necessary to send tariffs as code (e.g. Java).  
The draft also contains clear definitions of tariff and related 
terms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heckmann-tdp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-heckmann-tdp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-heckmann-tdp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.