Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-josefsson-siked-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 07:04:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Notes on Application Key Distribution
	Author(s)	: S. Josefsson, W. Griffin
	Filename	: draft-josefsson-siked-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 28-Feb-02
	
The debate over whether to store cryptographic keys used by
applications in the Domain Name System or not has been going on for
some time.  There are arguments for and against [6].  This document
tries to take a step further and provides some initial terminology,
problem statement and use cases for storing application keys in DNS,
in order to enable more substantiated input to the discussion.  We
mention some proposed solutions so far.  We also give some
requirements on a solution (be it DNS based or not) that would
satisfy the use cases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-siked-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-josefsson-siked-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-siked-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.