Subject: Protocol Action: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Job and Printer Set Operations to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:33:32 -0500

The IESG has approved publication of the Internet-Draft 'Internet
Printing Protocol (IPP): Job and Printer Set Operations'
<draft-ietf-ipp-job-printer-set-ops-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
This document is the product of the Internet Printing Protocol Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
 This document specifies 3 additional OPTIONAL operations for use with
 the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0 (IPP) [RFC 2565, RFC 2566], IPP/1.1
 [RFC 2911, RFC 2910], and future versions.  The end user, operator, and
 administrator Set-Job-Attributes and Set-Printer-Attributes
 operations are used to modify IPP Job objects and Printer objects,
 respectively.  The third administrator Get-Printer-Supported-Values
 operation returns values that the IPP Printer will accept for setting
 its "xxx-supported" attributes.

Working Group Summary

  This document is a product of the Internet Printing Protocol Working
  Group of the IETF.

Protocol Summary

  Ned Freed reviewed this document for the IESG.