Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-reqts-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 06:57:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPsec-NAT Compatibility Requirements
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-reqts-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 07-Mar-02
	
Perhaps the most common use of IPsec is in providing virtual private
networking capabilities. One very popular use of VPNs is to provide
tele-commuter access to the corporate Intranet.  Today NATs are widely
deployed in home gateways, as well as in other locations likely to be
used by tele-commuters, such as hotels. The result is that IPsec-NAT
incompatibilities have become a major barrier to deployment of IPsec in
one of its principal uses. This draft describes known incompatibilities
between NAT and IPsec, and describes the requirements for addressing
them.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-reqts-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-reqts-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-reqts-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.