Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-map-doi-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 06:22:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The MAP Security Domain of Interpretation for ISAKMP
	Author(s)	: j. Arkko, R. Blom
	Filename	: draft-arkko-map-doi-05.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 04-Mar-02
	
In  the  Global  Mobile  System  (GSM)  and   Universal   Mobile
Telecommunication  System  (UMTS)  networks,  the  MAP  protocol
plays a  central  role in  the  signaling communications between
the Network Elements (NEs). The Internet Security Association and
Key Management Protocol (ISAKMP) defines a framework for security
association management and cryptographic key establishment for the
Internet.  This  document  defines  the  MAP  Security  Domain  of
Interpretation (MAPSEC DOI), which  instantiates  ISAKMP  for  use
with MAP. This new DOI is essentially an  exact copy  of  how  IKE
works, except that it negotiates other protocols than AH and ESP
in Phase 2 and runs on another port number.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-map-doi-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-map-doi-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-map-doi-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.