Subject: 53rd IETF - Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks WG (ppvpn)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:54:27 -0500

Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks WG (ppvpn)

Thursday, March 21 at 0900-1130
================================

CHAIRS: Marco Carugi [email-masked]
        Rick Wilder  [email-masked]

  MAILING LIST: [email-masked]
  ARCHIVES: //ppvpn.francetelecom.com

  NOTE : a lot of slot requests as usual.
  Sorry for reduced allocations and some unfulfilled requests.
  This same agenda with direct access to IDs is available at //ppvpn.francetelecom.com

AGENDA:

  Agenda bashing - chairs

  PPVPN WG status - 10 min - Marco Carugi
  ID status, milestones, work items, design teams,
  progress expected before next meeting, issues and missing work

  Report of the "L3 Applicability Statements" Design Team
  - Guidelines - 5 min - Junichi Sumimoto
  Update, open issues, future steps
  draft-sumimoto-ppvpn-applicability-guidelines-02.txt
  - Solution-specific IDs - 15 min - one(more) team member(s)
  ID overview, issues, future steps
  draft-rosen-ppvpn-as2547-00.txt
  draft-nagarajan-ppvpn-vrbased-applicability-00.txt
  draft-declercq-ppvpn-ce-based-as-00.txt

  L3 VPN solution space
  - Dynamic routing for CE-based IPSec VPNs - 8 min - Paul Knight
  ID overview, issues, future steps
  draft-knight-ppvpn-ipsec-dynroute-00.txt
  - CE auto-configuration for CE-based VPNs - 5 min - Cheng-Yin Lee
  ID overview, issues, future steps
  draft-lee-ppvpn-ce-auto-config-00.txt
  - CE-to-CE authentication for RFC2547 PPVPNs - 5 min - Ron Bonica
  Update, issues, future steps
  draft-bonica-l3vpn-auth-02.txt

  L2 VPN requirements and framework
  - VPLS requirements - 5 min - Waldemar Augustyn
  Issues and future steps, integration in a general L2 requirements ID
  draft-augustyn-vpls-requirements-02.txt
  - Report of the "L2 VPN solutions" Design Team - 20 min - Loa Andersson (and others)
  Team work status, issues, L2 framework, process to a "candidate solutions" team proposal,
  future steps (work items, objectives)
  draft-andersson-ppvpn-metrics-00.txt
  draft-andersson-ppvpn-terminology-00.txt
  - VPLS architectures - 10 min - Ali Sajassi
  ID overview, issues, future steps
  draft-sajassi-vpls-architectures-00.txt
  - VMI framework - 10 min - Tissa Senevirathne
  Update, issues, future steps
  draft-senevirathne-vmi-frame-02.txt
  - Discussion on the L2 VPN space (requirements, framework, solutions) - 10 min - all

  L2 VPN solution space
  - ARP Mediation for IP interworking of Layer 2 VPN - 10 min - Himanshu Shah
  ID overview, issues, future steps
  draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-00.txt
  - PE-L2PE/MTU signaling for Decoupled and Hierarchical VPLS - 7 min - Himanshu Shah
  ID overview, issues, future steps
  draft-shah-ppvpn-vpls-pe-mtu-signaling.txt
  - QoS support in VPLS over MPLS - 5 min - Fabio Chiussi
  ID overview, issues, future steps
  draft-lau-ppvpn-qos-tls-mpls-00.txt

  Overview of multicast in VPNs - 5 min - Jeremy De Clercq
  ID overview, issues, future steps
  draft-ooms-ppvpn-mcast-overview-00.txt

  LSP setup for Inter-AS VPNs - 5 min - Michael Mroz
  ID overview, issues, future steps and how to deal with this ID
  draft-mroz-ppvpn-inter-as-lsps-00.txt

  Recap of action points and conclusion - 5 min - chairs