Subject: 53rd IETF - Kerberos WG (krb-wg)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:05:51 -0500

Kerberos WG  (krb-wg)

TUESDAY, March 19 at 1415-1645
================================

CHAIR: Doug Engert <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

  Introduction
        Doug Engert - 5 min
        Agenda bashing, appointing a scribe

 "Report on the Interim WG meeting, Revisions split into Clarifications and Extensions"
        Jeffrey Hutzelman - 30 minutes

        Discussion of what features are in each document, and why. Others are asked
        to review the list, See http://www.isi.edu/people/bcn/krb-revisions  for a start.
        Specifics of the features in Clarifications will be discussed below.

 "The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)"
        Cliff Neuman - 45 min

        "The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)"
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-00.t
xt
        Can also be found at http://www.isi.edu/people/bcn/krb-revisions
        The title is the same, but the reference is now called clarifications.

        The main objective of the working group is to move this draft forward
        to last call.

Break

  "Weak Password and SRP/PDM in preauth"
        Jacques A. Vidrine - 15 minutes
        Discuss other methods such as TLS.

"Stringprep Profile for Kerberos UTF-8 Strings"
        anyone? - 15 min
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-utf8-profile-00.txt

"Kerberos KDC LDAP Schema"
        Donna Skibbee - 15 min
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-skibbie-krb-kdc-ldap-schema-01.txt

"Passwordless Initial Authentication to Kerberos by Hardware Preauthentication"
        Matt Crawford - 5 minutes
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-01.txt

(I am listing the following drafts, and can discuss them if needed.)

"Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos"
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-15.txt

"Public Key Cryptography for Cross-Realm Authentication in Kerberos"
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-cross-08.txt

"Initial and Pass Through Authentication Using Kerberos V5 and GSS-API (IAKERB)"
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-08.txt

"Distributing Kerberos KDC and Realm Information with DNS"
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-krb-dns-locate-02.txt

"Kerberos Set/Change Password: Version 2
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-set-passwd-06.txt

"Generating KDC Referrals to locate Kerberos realms
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-02.txt

"Encryption and Checksum Specifications for Kerberos 5
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-00.txt

DESCRIPTION:

The prime goal of the working group is to get Kerberos Clarifications to last call,
as most of the other documents depend on this.