Subject: 53rd IETF - IP Storage WG (ips)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:31:20 -0500

IP Storage WG (ips)

Monday, March 18 at 1930-2200
Tuesday, March 19 at 1545-1800
===============================

CHAIRS: David L. Black <[email-masked]>
        Elizabeth Rodriguez <[email-masked]>

AGENDA: SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Announcement:  Most drafts aside from the MIBs are near (or already in)
Working Group Last Call.  Everyone is encouraged to review all the
documents, prior to the meeting and:
1)    provide editorial feedback directly to the editors/authors
2)    bring up any remaining/outstanding issues immediately on the
reflector.

---- Monday, March 18, 1930-2200 ----

- Agenda Bashing and Administrivia (5 min)
        - BLUE SHEETS
        - NOTE WELL

- Security (25 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-security-11.txt

- FC Encapsulation (10 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-fcencapsulation-06.txt,.pdf

        Draft is in WG Last Call, which closes prior to this meeting.
        Discuss any issues raised in WG Last Call.

- FCIP (25 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcipip-09.txt,.pdf

        Draft is in WG Last Call, which closes prior to this meeting.
        Discuss any issues raised in WG Last Call.

- SLP and FCIP (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-fcip-slp-01.txt

Status update.

- FCIP MIB (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-fcip-mib-01.txt

        Status update.

- iFCP (10 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-10.txt,.pdf

        Draft is in WG Last Call, which closes prior to this meeting.
        Discuss any issues raised in WG Last Call.

- iFCP MIB (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-mib-00.txt

        Status update

- iSNS (10 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-isns-08.txt

        Status update. The related draft-tseng-dhc-isnsoption-00.txt
        requests allocation of a DHC option code for iSNS, and will be
        discussed in the DHC WG.

- iSNS MIB (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-isns-mib-01.txt

        Status update

- FC Management MIB (15 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-fcmgmt-mib-01.txt

- Sheinwald iSCSI CRC draft recommendation (5 min)
        draft-sheinwald-iscsi-crc-01.txt

        The authors would like the IPS WG to recommend publication of this
        draft (or a revised version) as an informational RFC, based on the
        useful information it contains that helped the WG decide which CRC
        to use for iSCSI.  This draft is on the agenda primarily to solicit
        this recommendation; no change to the iSCSI CRC is planned.

- iSCSI Plugfest Report and Discussion (25 min)

        Results from most recent iSCSI plugfest.

---- Tuesday, March 19, 1545-1800 ----

- Agenda Re-Bashing and Administrivia (5 min)

- SCSI MIB (25 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-02.txt
                Structure diagram available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/scsi-mib/Visio-scsi-uml-model-01.pdf
                Diagram showing relationships among SCSI family of MIBS
available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/scsi-mib/Visio-scsi-mib-family-01.pdf

- iSCSI (20 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-11.txt

        Any and all remaining issues.

- iSCSI SRP Intellectual Property Rights (40 min)

        Report on known status of IPR issues for SRP, and discussion of
        requirement level (MUST/SHOULD/MAY) for SRP.

- iSCSI Boot (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-boot-05.txt

        Status update.

- iSCSI Naming and Discovery Requirements (15 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-disc-05.txt

        This draft is now intended to become a standards track RFC.
        This agenda item will include discussion of whether to move
        normative
        text from this draft to main iSCSI draft, in which case this draft
        will become an informational RFC.

- iSCSI stringprep (5 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-string-prep-00.txt

        Status update.

- iSCSI MIB and IP Storage User Identity MIB (10 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-mib-04.txt
        draft-ietf-ips-auth-mib-00.txt

        Status updates and relationships to each other and to SCSI MIB.
                Table structure diagrams available at:
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/iscsi-mib/working/Visio-ietf-iscsi-uml-mod
el-04.pdf
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/mbakke/ips/auth-mib/Visio-ietf-ips-auth-mib-00.pdf

- Use of SLP and iSNS with iSCSI (10 min)
        draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-slp-03.txt
        draft-ietf-ips-isns-08.txt

        Status updates

DESCRIPTION:

        The IP Storage WG works on using IP-based networks to transport
        block storage
        traffic.  See http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ips-charter.html