Subject: Protocol Action: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): The 'collection' attribute syntax to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:18:18 -0500

The IESG has approved publication of the Internet-Draft 'Internet
Printing Protocol (IPP): The 'collection' attribute syntax'
<draft-ietf-ipp-collection-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Internet Printing Protocol Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
 This document specifies an OPTIONAL attribute syntax called
 'collection' for use with the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0
 (IPP) [RFC 2565, RFC 2566], IPP/1.1 [RFC 2911, RFC 2910], and
 subsequent versions. A 'collection' is a container holding one or
 more named values, which are called "member" attributes.  A
 collection allows data to be grouped like a PostScript dictionary
 or a Java Map.  This document also specifies the conformance
 requirements for a definition document that defines a collection
 attribute.  This document only gives some illustrative examples
 of collectin attribute definitions; it does not register any
 collections of its own.

Working Group Summary

  This document is a product of the Internet Printing Protocol Working
  Group of the IETF.

Protocol Summary

  Ned Freed reviewed this document for the IESG.