Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-udlr-multicast-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:03:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the UniDirectional Link Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Identifying Multicast Implications in a Link-Layer 
                          Tunneling Mechanism for Unidirectional Links
	Author(s)	: J. Takei, H. Izumiyama
	Filename	: draft-ietf-udlr-multicast-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 28-Mar-02
	
This document describes operational information for deploying
multicast network with link layer tunneling mechanism which
defined in [RFC3077]. RFC3077 defines the mechanism which allows a
operator to integrate unidirectional link(e.g. satellite link
etc..) into the network transparently. In some multicast network
configuration, a certain configuration for unidirectional link
are necessary. This document clarifies the problem that exist when
a operator use a multicast routing protocol with link layer
tunneling mechanism. It also describes how to solve those problem
with short term solutions and also long term solutions.
This document does not define any new protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-udlr-multicast-issues-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-udlr-multicast-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-udlr-multicast-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.