Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 06:22:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Event Package for Keys
	Author(s)	: B. Culpepper, R. Fairlie-Cuninghame, J. Mule
	Filename	: draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-01.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 06-Mar-02
	
This document defines a protocol independent message format for 
requesting and reporting state related to keys or buttons.  The 
document also defines a SIP Event Package to make use of this 
extensible framework through the SIP SUBSCRIBE & NOTIFY messages. 
The draft currently defines key event sub-packages to represent the 
state of telephone dial pads, feature buttons found on many 
commercial telephones, standard keyboards as well as support for 
user or device specific buttons (for instance, a 'Double Latte' 
button).  The event package and associated key packages can be used 
to enable new SIP services where an application or SIP entity 
requires notification of user interface activity either associated 
with a particular SIP session or simply in relation to the device 
itself.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-culpepper-sip-key-events-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.