Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-banerjee-ipv6-quality-service-01.txt,.ps,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 07:05:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Design and Implementation of the Quality-of-Service in
                          IPv6 using the modified Hop-by-Hop Extension    
                          header-Transitional Mechanism
	Author(s)	: R. Banerjee et al.
	Filename	: draft-banerjee-ipv6-quality-service-01.txt,.ps,.pdf
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 01-Mar-02
	
This paper proposes a temporary solution to the QoS implementation
in IPv6, the design of which uses the Hop-by-Hop Extension header
and not the 20-bit flow label field in the IPv6 main header. This
paper deals extensively with Integrated Services type of QoS model
(like the one supported by RSVP) and gives the definition of the 
important TLV options that will be needed to specify the Type of QoS
and the corresponding resource requirements in the Hop-by-Hop
Extension Header.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-banerjee-ipv6-quality-service-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-banerjee-ipv6-quality-service-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-banerjee-ipv6-quality-service-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.