Subject: Last Call: IETF and ITU-T Collaboration Guidelines to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 12:11:47 -0500

The IESG has received a request to consider IETF and ITU-T
Collaboration Guidelines <draft-fishman-2436bis-01.txt> as an
Informational RFC.  This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the
product of an IETF Working Group.

This Internet Draft is an update of RFC 2436, "Collaboration between
ISOC/IETF and ITU-T." The original document, published by both the IETF
and the ITU-T has served as information source for people in the IETF
who wanted to know how the ITU-T worked and for people in the ITU-T who
wanted to know how the IETF worked. It also provided information on how
the two organizations can work together.

In the three years since RFC 2436 was published there have been some,
mostly minor, changes in procedures or contacts in each organization.
This revision is designed to bring this information up to date. It also
tries to clarify some language that some readers felt was confusing.

This Internet0Draft, like RFC 2436, is intended to document, not
change, IETF processes or priorities. The IESG is issuing this
Last-Call for review by the IETF community to ensure that the community
is comfortable with the description of the collaboration between the
two organizations.

This Internet-Draft is to be published as an informational RFC, as RFC
2436 was.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by April 5, 2002.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fishman-2436bis-01.txt