Subject: Protocol Action: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Job Progress Attributes to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:28:41 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Internet Printing Protocol
(IPP): Job Progress Attributes' <draft-ietf-ipp-job-prog-02.txt> as a
Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the Internet
Printing Protocol Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned
Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
   This document defines four new Job Description attributes for
   monitoring job progress to be registered as extensions to IPP/1.0
   [RFC 2566] and IPP/1.1 [RFC 2911].  These attributes are drawn from the
   PWG Job Monitoring MIB [RFC 2707].  The new Job Description attributes
   are job-collation-type, sheet-completed-copy-number,
   sheet-completed-document-number,
   and impressions-completed-current-copy.

   This document also defines a new "sheet-collate" Job Template
   attribute to control sheet collation and to help with the
   interpretation of the job progress attributes.  These new attributes
   may also be used by themselves in combination with the IPP/1.1 "job-
   impressions-completed" attribute as useful job progress monitoring
   attributes and/or may be passed in an IPP Notification.

Working Group Summary

  This document is a product of the Internet Printing Protocol Working
  Group of the IETF.

Protocol Summary

  Ned Freed reviewed this document for the IESG.