Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-estrela-timip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 07:20:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Terminal Independent Mobile IP (TIMIP)
	Author(s)	: P. Estrela et al.
	Filename	: draft-estrela-timip-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 25-Mar-02
	
IP mobility protocols usually assume that the mobile nodes have a 
mobility-aware IP stack, which is still a scenario that can seldom 
be found nowadays. Most terminals, including laptops and PDAs, still 
use legacy IP stacks, limiting their use to layer-2 mobility between 
Access Points (APs) connected to the same Access Router (AR) within 
a single IP subnet. This document presents Terminal Independent 
Mobile IP (TIMIP), which supports IP mobility of mobility-unaware 
mobile nodes with legacy IP stacks, while fully interoperating with 
Mobile IP to provide macromobility across IP subnets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-estrela-timip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-estrela-timip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-estrela-timip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.