Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rsvp-proxy-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 06:58:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RSVP  Proxy
	Author(s)	: S. Gai, D. Dutt, N. Elfassy, Y. Bernet
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rsvp-proxy-03.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 07-Mar-02
	
RSVP has been extended in several directions [POLICY], [RSVP-APPID],
[DCLASS], [AGGRRSVP], [RSVPDIFF]. These extensions have broadened the
applicability of RSVP characterizing it as a signaling protocol
usable both inside and outside the Integrated Services [INTSERV]
model.
With the addition of the 'Null Service Type' [NULLSERV], RSVP is
also being adopted by mission critical applications that require some
form of prioritized service, but cannot quantify their resource
requirements. In cases where RSVP cannot travel end-to-end, these
applications may still benefit from reservations that are not truly
end-to-end, but that are 'proxied' by a network node on the data path
between the sender and the receiver(s).  
RSVP Receiver Proxy is an extension to the RSVP message processing
(not to the protocol itself) in which an intermediate network node
originates the Resv message on behalf of the receiver(s) identified
by the Path message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rsvp-proxy-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rsvp-proxy-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rsvp-proxy-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.