Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-koleyni-pwe3-app-cell-over-psn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:54:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Applicability Statement for ATM Cell Encapsulation 
                          over PSN (the basic mode)
	Author(s)	: G. Koleyni, M. Bocci
	Filename	: draft-koleyni-pwe3-app-cell-over-psn-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 16-Apr-02
	
This document discusses the applicability of ATM Cell encapsulation 
over PNS (Packet Switched Networks, e.g., MPLS). It discusses 
possible network applications. This document is a prerequisite for 
advancing ATM-MPLS Cell interworking on the standards track. 
The PSN (e.g., MPLS) is used to transport ATM layer services such as 
those defined by ITU-T as ATM transfer capabilities [2] and ATM Forum 
as ATM service categories [3]. The basic requirement is to 
transparently transport the ATM VCC or VPC service related 
information (e.g., traffic parameters, QoS, OAM, etc.) over the
interworking LSP, also called Pseudo Wire (PW), over the packet 
network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koleyni-pwe3-app-cell-over-psn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-koleyni-pwe3-app-cell-over-psn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-koleyni-pwe3-app-cell-over-psn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.