Subject: WG Review: Operation of the IESG/IAB Nominating and Recall Committees (nomcom)

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:38:45 -0400

A new IETF working group has been proposed in the General Area.
The IESG has not made any determination as yet. 

The following Description was submitted, and is provided for
informational purposes only:

Operation of the IESG/IAB Nominating and Recall Committees (nomcom)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

 Current Status: Proposed Working Group
 
Description of Working Group:
 
RFC2727 (BCP10) specifies the process by which the members of the IAB 
and IESG are selected, confirmed, and recalled. It has been two years 
and three nominating committees since the document was updated. The 
experience has identified a number of areas where the process could be 
both improved by additional clarifications and updated with additional 
guidance.

This working group will consider all such clarifications and 
suggestions and produce a revision to RFC2727. However, the basic 
mechanism of selection, confirmation, and recall will not be changed
by this group. It is only concerned with the details of the current
process.

The input document will be draft-galvin-rfc2727bis-00.txt.