Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-req-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 07:29:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for QoS Signaling Protocols
	Author(s)	: M. Brunner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-req-01.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 12-Apr-02
	
This document defines requirements for signaling QoS across
different network environments. To achieve wide applicability of the
requirements, the starting point is a diverse set of scenarios/use
cases concerning various types of networks and application
interactions.  We also provide an outline structure for the problem,
including QoS related terminology. Taken with the scenarios, this
allows us to focus more precisely on which parts of the overall QoS
problem needs to be solved. We present the assumptions and the
aspects not considered within scope before listing the requirements
grouped according to areas such as architecture and design goals,
signaling flows, layering, performance, flexibility, security, and
mobility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-req-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-req-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-req-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.