Subject: Document Action: IMAP4 Child Mailbox Extension to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:25:02 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IMAP4 Child Mailbox
Extension' <draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-04.txt> as an Informational
RFC.  This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary

 The document specifies the IMAP CHILDREN extension. This extension
 provides a mechanism for a client to efficiently determine if a
 particular mailbox has children without issuing a LIST "" * or a LIST
 "" % for each mailbox name.

Working Group Summary

 The IMAPEXT Working Group is currently considering a LIST extension
 which would provide more general functionality. However, several IMAP
 vendors have already implemented the CHILDREN extension so documenting
 it is useful nevertheless.

 This document was reviewed by the IMAP Working Group but is not a
 product of that group.

Protocol Summary

      Ned Freed reviewed this document for the IESG.