Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-sonofike-rqts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 07:15:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Son-of-IKE Requirements
	Author(s)	: C. Madson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-sonofike-rqts-00.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 29-Mar-02
	
Various proposals have been made for updating the IKE protocol. This 
effort has been known as 'Son of IKE (SOI)'. 
One thing that is missing from the discussion is an evaluation of the 
scope of SOI, identifying which problems it should solve. Sections of 
this document discuss various scenarios that are considered important 
for SOI. 
Once this scoping is done, it becomes easier to specify the 
requirements of the protocol. This document also discusses protocol, 
policy and security requirements for SOI, along with recommendations 
for protocol improvement in such areas as modularity, extensibility, 
protocol convergence and simplicity, which are important regardless 
of the scope of SOI.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-sonofike-rqts-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-sonofike-rqts-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-sonofike-rqts-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.