Subject: RFC 3245 on History and Context of ENUM Operational Decisions

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 11:55:26 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3245

        Title:	    The History and Context of Telephone Number
                    Mapping (ENUM) Operational Decisions:
                    Informational Documents Contributed to ITU-T Study
                    Group 2 (SG2) 
        Author(s):  J. Klensin, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       March 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23758
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-itu-enum-notes-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3245.txt

RFC 2916 assigned responsibility for a number of administrative and
operational details of Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) to the IAB.  It
also anticipated that ITU would take responsibility for determining
the legitimacy and appropriateness of applicants for delegation of
"country code"-level subdomains of the top-level ENUM domain.
Recently, three memos have been prepared for the ITU-T Study Group 2
(SG2) to explain the background of, and reasoning for, the relevant
decisions.  The IAB has also supplied a set of procedural instructions
to the RIPE NCC for implementation of their part of the model.  The
content of the three memos is provided in this document for the
information of the IETF community. 

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.