Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:23:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Zero Configuration Networking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Dynamic Configuration of IPv4 Link-Local addresses
	Author(s)	: S. Cheshire, B. Aboba
	Filename	: draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-05.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 18-Apr-02
	
In general, to participate in wide-area IP networking, a host needs
configuration information, either entered manually by the user, or
received automatically from an information source on the network such
as a DHCP server. However, such external configuration information
may not always be available. It would be beneficial for a host to
have some useful subset of IP networking that it can depend upon to
be always functional, even when no configuration information is
available to the host, or the configuration information the host has
is incorrect. This document describes a method by which a host may
automatically configure an interface with an IPv4 address in the
169.254/16 prefix that is valid for link-local communication on that
interface.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.