Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular-host-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:53:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 for Second and Third Generation Cellular Host
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular-host-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 16-Apr-02
	
As increasing numbers of cellular hosts are being connected to the 
Internet, IPv6 becomes necessary. Examples of such hosts are devices 
used with General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) or Universal Mobile 
Telecommunications System (UMTS) networks. Standardization 
organizations are also making IPv6 mandatory in their newest 
specifications. However, the concept of IPv6 covers many aspects, 
numerous standards, a number of different situations and is still 
evolving. A rapid adoption of IPv6 is desired for cellular hosts. In 
addition, the characteristics of cellular links in terms of 
bandwidth, cost and delay put special requirements on IPv6. For 
these reasons it is necessary to understand how the IPv6 deployment 
in second and third generation cellular networks will start and 
which parts of IPv6 are used in which situations. This informational 
document lists basic components of IPv6 functionality and discusses 
some issues relating to the use of these components when operating 
over cellular interfaces.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular-host-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular-host-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular-host-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.