Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-black-ips-iscsi-dhchap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:22:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DH-CHAP: Diffie-Hellman Enhanced CHAP for iSCSI
	Author(s)	: D. Black
	Filename	: draft-black-ips-iscsi-dhchap-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 18-Apr-02
	
This draft describes an authentication mechanism based on enhancing 
CHAP [RFC 1994] with a Diffie-Hellman Exchange (see Section 22.1 of 
[Schneier] in order to prevent a passive eavesdropper from 
acquiring sufficient information to perform an off-line dictionary 
attack on the CHAP secret.  The use of this authentication 
mechanism with iSCSI [iSCSI] is discussed, along with a brief 
comparison to the existing CHAP and SRP authentication mechanisms 
in iSCSI. 
Caution should be exercised in drawing inferences from the fact 
that the author of this draft is one of the chairs of the IP 
Storage Working Group.  This draft is an individual submission that 
the IP Storage Working Group is free to adopt, modify, reject, 
fold, spindle, and/or mutilate as it sees fit.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-black-ips-iscsi-dhchap-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-black-ips-iscsi-dhchap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-black-ips-iscsi-dhchap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.