Subject: RFC 3251 on Electricity over IP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 14:44:49 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3251

        Title:	    Electricity over IP
        Author(s):  B. Rajagopalan
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       1 April 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18994
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-bala-mplamps-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3251.txt

Mostly Pointless Lamp Switching (MPLampS) is an architecture for
carrying electricity over IP (with an MPLS control plane).  According
to our marketing department, MPLampS has the potential to
dramatically lower the price, ease the distribution and usage, and
improve the manageability of delivering electricity.  This document is
motivated by such work as SONET/SDH over IP/MPLS (with apologies
to the authors).  Readers of the previous work have been observed
scratching their heads and muttering, "What next?".  This document
answers that question.

This document has also been written as a public service.  The "Sub-IP"
area has been formed to give equal opportunity to those working on
technologies outside of traditional IP networking to write
complicated IETF documents.  There are possibly many who are wondering
how to exploit this opportunity and attain high visibility.  Towards
this goal, we see the topics of "foo-over-MPLS" (or MPLS control for
random technologies) as highly amenable for producing a countless
number of unimplementable documents.  This document illustrates the
key ingredients that go into producing any "foo-over-MPLS" document
and may be used as a template for all such work.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.