Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-aromanov-snmp-hiqa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 07:01:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Developing High Quality SNMP Agents
	Author(s)	: A. Romanov
	Filename	: draft-aromanov-snmp-hiqa-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 02-Apr-02
	
SNMP is a ubiquitous protocol.  Most of the software developers
working in the embedded space are involved into developing MIB
handlers and SNMP agents one way or another.  At the same time most
of these developers are not directly involved into SNMP standard
itself, and there is a number of often overlooked fine points there.
This document will provide a list of steps and rules to avoid popular
problems in order to develop a high quality SNMP agent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aromanov-snmp-hiqa-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-aromanov-snmp-hiqa-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-aromanov-snmp-hiqa-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.