Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-altman-rfc2941bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:20:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Telnet Authentication Option
	Author(s)	: T. Ts'o, J. Altman
	Filename	: draft-altman-rfc2941bis-02.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 15-Apr-02
	
This document describes the authentication option to the telnet [1]
protocol as a generic method for negotiating an authentication type
and mode including whether encryption should be used and if
credentials should be forwarded.  While this document summarizes
currently utilized commands and types it does not define a specific
authentication type.  Separate documents are to be published defining
each authentication type.
This document updates a previous specification of the telnet
authentication option, RFC 2941 [2], to allow the AUTHENTICATION 
option to be used in conjunction with the START_TLS option [5].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-altman-rfc2941bis-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-altman-rfc2941bis-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-altman-rfc2941bis-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.