Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-heath-ppp-v44-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:22:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PPP V.44/LZJH Compression Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Heath, J. Border
	Filename	: draft-heath-ppp-v44-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 18-Apr-02
	
The Point-to-Point Protocol [PPP] provides a standard means for
transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point links.
The PPP Compression Control Protocol [CCP] provides a means to
negotiate and utilize compression protocols over PPP encapsulated
links.
This memo describes a means for compressing PPP encapsulated 
datagrams by utilizing the data compression algorithm that is 
described in International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T) 
Recommendation V.44 [V44].  Recommendation V.44 is a modem standard 
but Annex B of the recommendation describes the implementation of
V.44 in packet networks.  This memo defines the application of V.44, 
with single or multiple compression dictionaries,to the PPP 
Compression Control Protocol (RFC 1962).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heath-ppp-v44-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-heath-ppp-v44-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-heath-ppp-v44-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.