Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ippm-loss-pattern-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:12:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: One-way Loss Pattern Sample Metrics
	Author(s)	: R. Koodli, R. Ravikanth
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ippm-loss-pattern-07.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 09-Apr-02
	
The Internet exhibits certain specific types of behavior (e.g.,
bursty packet loss) that can affect the performance seen by the users
as well as the operators.  The loss pattern or loss distribution is a
key parameter that determines the performance observed by the users
for certain real-time applications such as packet voice and video.
For the same loss rate, two different loss distributions could
potentially produce widely different perceptions of performance.
Using the base loss metric defined in RFC 2680, this document defines 
two derived metrics 'loss distance' and 'loss period', and the 
associated statistics that together capture loss patterns experienced
by packet streams on the Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-loss-pattern-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ippm-loss-pattern-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-loss-pattern-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.