Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-altman-telnet-fwdx-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:04:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Telnet Forwarding of X Windows Session Data
	Author(s)	: J. Altman, P. Runestig
	Filename	: draft-altman-telnet-fwdx-03.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 11-Apr-02
	
This document describes a mechanism via which X Window System 
client applications may have their communications with the X Windows
System server forwarded across a Telnet communications channel.  This
is desireable when the Telnet session is established through a Firewall
or Network Address Translator which does not allow arbitrary connections
to be created from the host machine to the client machine; or when the
Telnet session is using an authenticated and encrypted channel and that
same security is desired for the X Window System session data.  
Authorization to communicate across the tunnel is provided to the X 
Windows System client via use of X Display access control data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-altman-telnet-fwdx-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-altman-telnet-fwdx-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-altman-telnet-fwdx-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.