Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-24.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:04:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)
	Author(s)	: J. Bound, M. Carney, C. Perkins, 
                          T. Lemon, B. Volz, R. Droms
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-24.txt
	Pages		: 82
	Date		: 23-Apr-02
	
The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCP) enables
DHCP servers to pass configuration parameters such as IPv6 network
addresses to IPv6 nodes.  It offers the capability of automatic
allocation of reusable network addresses and additional configuration
flexibility.  This protocol is a stateful counterpart to 'IPv6
Stateless Address Autoconfiguration' (RFC2462), and can be used
separately or concurrently with the latter to obtain configuration
parameters

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-24.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-24.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-24.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.