Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-radha-msec-ckmd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:14:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Centralized Key Management and Distribution for       
                          Dynamic Muliticast Groups: Scalabilility Issues
	Author(s)	: R. Sampigethaya, M. Li, R. Poovendran, C. Berenstein
	Filename	: draft-radha-msec-ckmd-01.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 25-Apr-02
	
We present our work on efficient scalable solutions to the hierarchical
key management and distribution problem for secure multicast sessions.
We take two rooted-tree based schemes that solve hierarchical key
management and distribution problem and then present ways of making
these schemes more efficient by reducing the tree center key storage
with an upper bound on key update communication. The objective of
improving efficiency is posed as a constrained optimization problem,
which we further reduce to a fixed-point equation and find solutions.
We also provide a tree design algorithm, which allows the designer to
specify an upper key update communication bound and construct an
efficient tree with minimal center storage while maintaining pre-
existing logarithmic scalability in time and space requirements. The
choice of update communication bound as a design factor is the recent
development of multicast communication applications, which have energy
or bandwidth as constraints, and these in turn being directly related
to communication bounds.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-radha-msec-ckmd-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-radha-msec-ckmd-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-radha-msec-ckmd-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.