Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-3gpp-recommend-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:13:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Recommendations for IPv6 in 3GPP Standards
	Author(s)	: M. Wasserman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-3gpp-recommend-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 25-Apr-02
	
This document contains recommendations from the Internet
Engineering Task Force (IETF) IPv6 Working Group to the Third
Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) community regarding the use
of IPv6 in the 3GPP standards. Specifically, this document
recommends that the 3GPP:
1. Specify that multiple prefixes may be assigned to each
primary PDP context,
2. Require that a given prefix must not be assigned to more
than one primary PDP context, and
3. Allow 3GPP nodes to use multiple identifiers within those
prefixes, including randomly generated identifiers.
The IPv6 Working Group supports the use of IPv6 within 3GPP and
offers these recommendations in a spirit of open cooperation
between the IPv6 Working Group and the 3GPP community.  Since the
original publication of this document as an Internet-Draft, the
3GPP has adopted the primary recommendations of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-3gpp-recommend-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-3gpp-recommend-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-3gpp-recommend-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.