Subject: RFC 3258 on Distributing Authoritative Name Servers

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:48:54 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3258

        Title:	    Distributing Authoritative Name Servers via Shared
                    Unicast Addresses
        Author(s):  T. Hardie
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22195
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-hardie-shared-root-server-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3258.txt

This memo describes a set of practices intended to enable an
authoritative name server operator to provide access to a single named
server in multiple locations.  The primary motivation for the
development and deployment of these practices is to increase the
distribution of Domain Name System (DNS) servers to previously
under-served areas of the network topology and to reduce the latency
for DNS  query responses in those areas.

This document is a product of the Domain Name Server Operations
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.