Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-folts-ieprep-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:20:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Emergency Telecommunication 
                          Capabilities in the Internet
	Author(s)	: H. Folts
	Filename	: draft-folts-ieprep-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 15-May-02
	
Priority telecommunication capabilities are required to 
support critical emergency communications through the public 
telecommunications infrastructure to support disaster recovery 
operations for saving lives and restoring community infrastructure. 
Many important issues are identified that are essential to ensuring 
effective emergency telecommunications capabilities are established in 
Internet-based infrastructures. The term 'communication session' is used 
instead of 'call' so that all modes of communication can be considered 
collectively; emergency telecommunication capabilities are not just 
limited to telephony traffic. No solutions are suggested, but the 
basic requirements are clearly identified for consideration by the 
ieprep Working Group of the IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-folts-ieprep-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-folts-ieprep-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-folts-ieprep-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.