Subject: Protocol Action: Real-time Facsimile (T.38) - image/t38 MIME Sub-type Registration to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 16:08:57 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Real-time Facsimile (T.38) -
image/t38 MIME Sub-type Registration' <draft-parsons-itu-t38-reg-00.txt>
as a Proposed Standard.  This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not 
the product of an IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary

   This document describes the registration of the MIME sub-type 
   image/t38. The encoding is defined by [T.38] and is intended
   for use as an SDP media descriptor. 
     
 Working Group Summary

   This document is an individual submission; it is not the product of
   a working group.

   Protocol Quality

   This specification was reviewed for the IESG by Ned Freed.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please change the [T.38] citation in the abstract to "ITU Recommendation T.38".

Please INSERT the following text immediately after Section 5:

   6.	Security Considerations 

	   Security considerations for this media type are discussed in the 
	   MIME type registration that appears in section 5.

   7.