Subject: RFC 3242 on A Link-Layer Assisted ROHC RTP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 15:30:31 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3242

        Title:	    RObust Header Compression (ROHC):
                    A Link-Layer Assisted Profile for IP/UDP/RTP
        Author(s):  L-E. Jonsson, G. Pelletier
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       April 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 49007
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3242.txt

This document defines a ROHC (Robust Header Compression) profile for
compression of IP/UDP/RTP (Internet Protocol/User Datagram
Protocol/Real-Time Transport Protocol) packets, utilizing
functionality provided by the lower layers to increase compression
efficiency by completely eliminating the header for most packets
during optimal operation.  The profile is built as an extension to the
ROHC RTP profile.  It defines additional mechanisms needed in ROHC,
states requirements on the assisting layer to guarantee transparency,
and specifies general logic for compression and decompression making
use of this header-free packet.

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.