Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-soi-features-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 08:17:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Features of Proposed Successors to IKE
	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-soi-features-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 01-May-02
	
This document describes many features of the proposals for the successor
to IKEv1. The purpose of the document is to help the IPsec Working Group
decide which features they want for the next protocol. The document
focuses on how those features are instantiated in two proposals, IKEv2
and JFK, but other ideas for features and options are also included.
Most of the material in this document comes from many of the authors of
the JFK and IKEv2 proposals.

This document is meant to help the Working Group choose which features
it finds important for the successor to IKE. It should be short-lived
and is not expected to become an RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-soi-features-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-soi-features-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-soi-features-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.