Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-watson-sipping-nai-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 08:18:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Short term requirements for Network Asserted Identity
	Author(s)	: M. Watson
	Filename	: draft-watson-sipping-nai-reqs-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 01-May-02
	
There is no requirement for identities identities asserted by a UA in 
a SIP message to be anything other than the userÆs desired alias. An 
authenticated identity of a user can be obtained using SIP 
authentication, however it is unlikely that the necessary Public Key 
Infrastructure to facilitate this for UAs will be available soon. 
A Network Asserted Identity is an identity obtained by a SIP network 
intermediary as a result of an authentication process. This draft 
describes short term requirements for the exchange of Network 
Asserted Identities within networks of securely interconnected 
trusted nodes and to User Agents securely connected to such networks. 
General requirements for transport of Network Asserted Identities on 
the Internet are out of scope of this draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-watson-sipping-nai-reqs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-watson-sipping-nai-reqs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-watson-sipping-nai-reqs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.