Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-riikonen-silc-ke-auth-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:20:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SILC Key Exchange and Authentication Protocols
	Author(s)	: P. Riikonen
	Filename	: draft-riikonen-silc-ke-auth-05.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 15-May-02
	
This memo describes two protocols used in the Secure Internet Live
Conferencing (SILC) protocol specified in the Secure Internet Live
Conferencing, Protocol Specification internet-draft [SILC1].  The
SILC Key Exchange (SKE) protocol provides secure key exchange between
two parties resulting into shared secret key material.  The protocol
is based on Diffie Hellman key exchange algorithm and its functionality
is derived from several key exchange protocols.  SKE uses best parts
of the SSH2 Key Exchange protocol, Station-To-Station (STS) protocol
and the OAKLEY Key Determination protocol [OAKLEY].
The SILC Connection Authentication protocol provides user level
authentication used when creating connections in SILC network.  The
protocol is transparent to the authentication data which means that it
can be used to authenticate the user with, for example, passphrase
(pre-shared- secret) or public key (and certificate).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-riikonen-silc-ke-auth-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-riikonen-silc-ke-auth-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-riikonen-silc-ke-auth-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.