Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-r-mode-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 07:35:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: 0-byte Support for R-mode in Link-Layer Assisted ROHC 
                          Profile
	Author(s)	: Z. Liu, K. Le
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-r-mode-03.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 06-May-02
	
This document defines an additional mode of the link-layer assisted
RObust Header Compression (ROHC) profile, also known as the zero-byte
profile, beyond the two defined in RFC 3242.  Zero-byte header
compression exists in order to prevent the single-octet ROHC header
from pushing a packet voice stream into the next higher fixed packet
size for the radio.  It is usable in certain widely deployed older
air interfaces.  This document adds the zero-byte operation for ROHC
Reliable Bidirectional mode (R-mode) to the ones specified for
Unidirectional (U-mode) and Optimistic (O-mode) modes of header
compression in RFC 3242.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-r-mode-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-r-mode-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-r-mode-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.