Subject: Protocol Action: L2TP IP Differentiated Services Extension to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 15:33:01 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'L2TP IP Differentiated
Services Extension' <draft-ietf-l2tpext-ds-05.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the Layer Two Tunneling
Protocol Extensions Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Erik
Nordmark and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
   The L2TP specification (RFC 2661) currently provides no mechanism
   for supporting diffserv.  This document describes mechanisms that
   enable L2TP to signal desired diffserv values to be associated with
   an L2TP control connection, as well as individual sessions within
   an L2TP tunnel.

Working Group Summary

  There was support for this document in the WG, and no issues were
  raised during the Last Call.

Protocol Quality

  This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.