Subject: RFC 3272 on Overview and Principles of Internet Traffic Engineering

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 16:08:28 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3272

        Title:	    Overview and Principles of Internet Traffic
                    Engineering 
        Author(s):  D. Awduche, A. Chiu, A. Elwalid, I. Widjaja,
                    X. Xiao 
        Status:	    Informational
	Date:       May 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      71
        Characters: 190384
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tewg-principles-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3272.txt

This memo describes the principles of Traffic Engineering (TE) in the
Internet.  The document is intended to promote better understanding
of the issues surrounding traffic engineering in IP networks, and to
provide a common basis for the development of traffic engineering
capabilities for the Internet.  The principles, architectures, and
methodologies for performance evaluation and performance optimization
of operational IP networks are discussed throughout this document.

This document is a product of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.