Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-terrell-iptx-dns-req-iptx-ip-add-spec-00.txt,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 07:31:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The IPtX Domain Name System (DNS), and the DNS 
                          Requirements for the 'IPtX' IP Addressing Protocol 
                          'Family' Specification
	Author(s)	: E. Terrell
	Filename	: draft-terrell-iptx-dns-req-iptx-ip-add-
                          spec-00.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 20-May-02
	
This paper defines the changes as would be required for the Domain Name
System (DNS) to support the Network(s) IP Addresses assigned and listed
using the Globalnet's Backbone, which are defined by the IPtX IP
Addressing Protocol Family Specification. Furthermore, notwithstanding
the requirements necessitated by change, this presentation retains the
current Communications Protocol Specifications, which are currently used
for the DNS Query in the IPv4 Specification. And while the DNS Service for the IPt1 Specification is identical to the IPv4 Specification. However, because the other IP Addressing Protocols define within the IPtX Protocol Specification requires the use of Prefixes, which change the Header Size Specification. The implementation of these IP Addressing Systems, while using the same Communications Protocol Specifications, nevertheless, redefines the Structure for the Naming Convention used in the DNS Hierarchy. Even still, asides from the clarity, referencing the RFC's governing the DNS Service Specifications will be somewhat limited. This is because the overall functions, and their respective Definitions for the IPv4 DNS Specification will not change in the IPtX DNS Specification.
Hence, the objective this paper specifically maintains concerns only the
presentation of the Subject-Matter relating to the change in the DNS
Service(s), resulting from the implementation of the IPtX IP Addressing
Protocol Specification. 
In other words, the paper does not represent a replacement for any of RFCs, which implemented the DNS Services. It should nonetheless, be considered an extension, which focuses upon the changes in the DNS Services resulting from the implementation of the IPtX IP Protocol Specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-terrell-iptx-dns-req-iptx-ip-add-spec-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-terrell-iptx-dns-req-iptx-ip-add-spec-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-terrell-iptx-dns-req-iptx-ip-add-spec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.