Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-henrikson-sip-charging-information-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 07:28:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Private SIP Extension for Mobile Charging Information
	Author(s)	: E. Henrikson
	Filename	: draft-henrikson-sip-charging-information-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 07-May-02
	
This document proposes a private SIP extension header P-Charging-
Function-Addresses used to pass the addresses of entities that 
provide a charging function. There is a need in the Third 
Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) for entities that process 
charging information. For a particular dialog or standalone 
transaction, a proxy (or UA within the network, e.g. a gateway) may 
need to pass information to one or more charging entities. The 
affected UAs and proxies associated with the dialog or standalone 
transaction need to know the identities or addresses of the 
appropriate charging entities. This document also proposes a 
private SIP extension header P-Charging-Vector to pass correlation 
information for charging purposes. The network entities in the 3GPP 
architecture share correlation information to ensure that charging 
activities are coordinated.  The need applies for any SIP method 
used to initiate a dialog, standalone messages and some response 
messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-henrikson-sip-charging-information-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-henrikson-sip-charging-information-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-henrikson-sip-charging-information-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.