Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 07:25:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Conferencing Requirements for SIP Based Applications
	Author(s)	: O. Levin et al.
	Filename	: draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 30-Apr-02
	
At present, SIP signaling sessions under a conferencing application 
must rely on out-of-band signaling for participant information and 
conference manipulation. This document suggests an integrated 
approach that defines a Hierarchal Application Signaling Model and 
allows SIP to support both basic and complex applications based on 
more basic applications. As example conferencing applications, a 
general 'SIP Star Conferencing Application' and a more specialized 
'SIP Star Real Time Multimedia Conferencing Application' are defined 
within this Hierarchical Application Signaling Model. This document 
identifies requirements for SIP entities that participate or host 
these applications. 
A future document will suggest the mapping of the requirements to 
corresponding protocols and their primitives.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.