Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-nsrg-report-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 07:21:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: What's In A Name:Thoughts from the NSRG
	Author(s)	: E. Lear
	Filename	: draft-irtf-nsrg-report-04.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 23-May-02
	
Over the last few years, the character of Internet connectivity has [XXX 5]changed dramatically.  A research group in the IRTF has been
chartered to review these changes, and make recommendations on
whether or not remediation within the protocol stack is necessary.
This document discusses the outcome of some of those discussions. [XXX 7]
The key question we will consider is this: does the stack need an
additional level of naming above layer 3 but below the application
layer?  While we do not conclude an answer at this point, we flush
out the question a bit more, talk about existing work, and discuss
additional questions, such as the structure and use of such names.
Although this document has a single author, the ideas
described are those of many people both within and outside of the
IRTF (see the References and Acknowledgements sections for more
details).  However, others within the NSRG hold views that differ
from those presented in this document. [XXX Ran/Keith/Brian]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-nsrg-report-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-nsrg-report-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-nsrg-report-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.