Subject: RFC 3243 on Reqs and Assumptions for 0-byte ROHC RTP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 15:35:51 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3243

        Title:	    RObust Header Compression (ROHC):
                    Requirements and Assumptions for 0-byte IP/UDP/RTP
                    Compression
        Author(s):  L-E. Jonsson
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12451
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-0-byte-requirements-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3243.txt

This document contains requirements for the 0-byte IP/UDP/RTP
(Internet Protocol/User Datagram Protocol/Real-Time Transport
Protocol) header compression scheme to be developed by the Robust
Header Compression (ROHC) Working Group.  It also includes the basic
assumptions for the typical link layers over which 0-byte compression
may be implemented, and assumptions about its usage in general.

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.