Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-henrikson-sip-charging-information-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 07:29:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Private SIP Extension for Mobile Charging Information
	Author(s)	: E. Henrikson
	Filename	: draft-henrikson-sip-charging-information-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 22-May-02
	
This memo describes a private extension to SIP in the form of  
P-Charging-Function-Addresses and P-Charging-Vector headers. The 
former header is used to pass the addresses of entities that 
provide a charging function. The latter header is used to pass 
charging correlation information. The affected UAs and proxies 
associated with a dialog or standalone transaction need to know the 
identities or addresses of the appropriate charging entities. They 
also need to pass correlation information so that the records 
generated and sent to the charging entities may be properly 
associated for a coordinated billing effort.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-henrikson-sip-charging-information-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-henrikson-sip-charging-information-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-henrikson-sip-charging-information-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.