Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chiba-radius-dynamic-authorization-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 07:54:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Dynamic Authorization
	Author(s)	: M. Chiba, G. Dommety, M. Eklund, D. Mitton
	Filename	: draft-chiba-radius-dynamic-authorization-02.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 17-May-02
	
Currently the RADIUS protocol is limited by a single exchange for
Authentication and Authorization. This typically happens at the 
start of a user session and there can be no further exchanges of 
these kinds for the rest of the session duration.
However, many ISPs (Internet Service Providers) find the need to 
change authorization information for sessions based on contractual 
agreements.  E.g. the user may have exceeded the maximum bandwidth 
they paid for, which should result in session termination.  
Alternatively, the user may have changed their service level, which 
may require that additional data filters be placed/removed from 
the user session. 
This document describes the current practices implemented by several
RADIUS network access server products for allowing dynamic
changes to a user session to accommodate the needs for the above
scenarios.  Namely it documents the current methods for disconnecting
and changing data filters applicable to a user session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chiba-radius-dynamic-authorization-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chiba-radius-dynamic-authorization-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chiba-radius-dynamic-authorization-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.