Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-andreasen-mgcp-rfc2705bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 07:20:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) Version 1.0
	Author(s)	: F. Andreasen, B. Foster
	Filename	: draft-andreasen-mgcp-rfc2705bis-05.txt
	Pages		: 195
	Date		: 30-May-02
	
This document describes an application programming interface and a 
corresponding protocol (MGCP) which is used between elements of a 
decomposed multimedia gateway. The decomposed multimedia gateway 
consists of a Call Agent, which contains the call control 
'intelligence', and a media gateway which contains the media 
functions, e.g. conversion from TDM voice to Voice over IP.  
Media gateways contain endpoints on which the Call Agent can create, 
modify and delete connections in order to establish and control 
media sessions with other multimedia endpoints. Also, the Call Agent 
can instruct the endpoints to detect certain events and generate 
signals. The endpoints automatically communicate changes in service 
state to the Call Agent. Furthermore, the Call Agent can audit 
endpoints as well as the connections on endpoints.  
The basic and general MGCP protocol is defined in this document, 
however most media gateways will need to implement one or more MGCP 
packages, which define extensions to the protocol suitable for use 
with specific types of media gateways. Such packages are defined in 
separate documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-mgcp-rfc2705bis-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-andreasen-mgcp-rfc2705bis-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-andreasen-mgcp-rfc2705bis-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.