Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-vlv-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 07:55:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP Extension Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDAP Extensions for Scrolling View Browsing of Search 
                          Results
	Author(s)	: D. Boreham et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-vlv-06.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 17-May-02
	
This document describes a Virtual List View control extension for the 
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Search operation. This 
control is designed to allow the 'virtual list box' feature, common 
in existing commercial e-mail address book applications, to be 
supported efficiently by LDAP servers. LDAP servers' inability to 
support this client feature is a significant impediment to LDAP 
replacing proprietary protocols in commercial e-mail systems. 
The control allows a client to specify that the server return, for a 
given LDAP search with associated sort keys, a contiguous subset of 
the search result set. This subset is specified in terms of offsets 
into the ordered list, or in terms of a greater than or equal 
comparison value.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-vlv-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-vlv-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-vlv-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.