Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 07:27:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobility Support in IPv6
	Author(s)	: D. Johnson, C. Perkins, J. Arkko
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-17.txt
	Pages		: 167
	Date		: 07-May-02
	
This document specifies the operation of mobile computers using IPv6.
Each mobile node is always identified by its home address, regardless
of its current point of attachment to the Internet.  While situated
away from its home, a mobile node is also associated with a care-of
address, which provides information about the mobile node's current
location.  IPv6 packets addressed to a mobile node's home address are
transparently routed to its care-of address.  The protocol enables
IPv6 nodes to cache the binding of a mobile node's home address
with its care-of address, and to then send any packets destined for
the mobile node directly to it at this care-of address.  To support
this operation, Mobile IPv6 defines a new IPv6 protocol and a new
destination option.  All IPv6 nodes, whether mobile or stationary,
MUST support communications with mobile nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-17.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-17.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-17.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.