Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bocci-pwe3-app-frame-over-psn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 07:33:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Applicability Statement for AAL5 Transparent Frame 
                          Encapsulation over PSN
	Author(s)	: M. Bocci et al.
	Filename	: draft-bocci-pwe3-app-frame-over-psn-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 10-May-02
	
This draft provides an applicability statement for the transparent 
AAL5 PDU frame mode encapsulation in draft-fischer [4]. 
Draft-fischer describes methods to carry ATM services over IP, L2TP 
or MPLS. The PSN (e.g. MPLS) is used to transport ATM layer services 
such as those defined by ITU-T as ATM transfer capabilities [2] and 
the ATM Forum as ATM service categories [3]. The basic requirement is 
to transparently transport ATM VCC service related information (e.g., 
traffic parameters, QoS, OAM, etc.) over the Pseudo Wire (PW), over 
the packet network. Transparent PDU frame mode enables bandwidth 
efficiency gains to be realized for ATM VCCs that use AAL5, yet still 
provide full ATM transparency, including the correct sequencing of 
OAM cells on an AAL5 flow.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bocci-pwe3-app-frame-over-psn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bocci-pwe3-app-frame-over-psn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bocci-pwe3-app-frame-over-psn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.