Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-henrikson-sip-original-dialog-id-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 07:29:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Private SIP Extension for Original Dialog Identifier
	Author(s)	: E. Henrikson
	Filename	: draft-henrikson-sip-original-dialog-id-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 22-May-02
	
This memo describes a private extension to SIP in the form of a  
P-Original-Dialog-ID header. The header is used to correlate two 
different dialogs across a B2BUA that is non-transparent to 
dialogs. The contents of the header identify the original dialog 
(Call-id, From tag, To tag) associated with the SIP entity that 
inserted the header into a request. When the same instance of the 
header is received at that SIP entity in a different request, then 
it is used to correlate the two different dialogs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-henrikson-sip-original-dialog-id-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-henrikson-sip-original-dialog-id-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-henrikson-sip-original-dialog-id-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.