Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rjaya-seamoby-cslist-ind-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:19:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Cell-Search List Indications for Seamless 
                          Anticipative, Resource-Mindful Handovers
	Author(s)	: R. Jayaraj
	Filename	: draft-rjaya-seamoby-cslist-ind-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 15-May-02
	
In 802.11 or similar technologies, the network device enters a
'cell-search mode' when the signal level/quality of the serving AP
drops below a certain value. In the cell-search mode, the device
actively measures the signal level and/or quality of neighbouring
APs in addition to that of the serving AP.
This document describes how the use of MN originated cell-search
list indications, which carry signal level and signal quality
measurements of access points in the immediate vicinity of the
mobile node, can assist in a handover scheme that factors in
seamlessness, target router selection, context transfer and
resource usage information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rjaya-seamoby-cslist-ind-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rjaya-seamoby-cslist-ind-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rjaya-seamoby-cslist-ind-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.