Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dion-tftp-multicast-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 07:27:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TFTP Multicast Option
	Author(s)	: G. Dion
	Filename	: draft-dion-tftp-multicast-option-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 07-May-02
	
The Trivial File Transfer Protocol [1] is a simple, lock-step, file
transfer protocol which allows a client to get or put a file onto a
remote host.
This document describes a new TFTP option. This new option will allow
the multiple clients to receive the same file concurrently through
the use of Multicast packets. The TFTP Option Extension mechanism is
described in [2].
Often when similar computers are booting remotely they will each
download the same image file. By adding multicast into the TFTP
option  set,  two  or  more  computers  can  download  a  file
concurrently, thus increasing network efficiency.
This document assumes that the reader is familiar with the
terminology and notation of both [1] and [2].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dion-tftp-multicast-option-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dion-tftp-multicast-option-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dion-tftp-multicast-option-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.