Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hancock-nsis-fw-outline-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 07:30:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Outline Framework for QoS Signalling Protocols
	Author(s)	: R. Hancock, E. Hepworth
	Filename	: draft-hancock-nsis-fw-outline-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 20-May-02
	
The Next-Steps-in-Signalling (NSIS) working group of the IETF is 
considering the requirements for QoS signalling protocols [2]. One 
element of this, and follow up work, is to develop a framework within 
which existing and proposed protocols can be analysed, and which 
captures how QoS signalling protocols should interact, both with each 
other and with other components of the Internet, such as routing 
protocols or AAA mechanisms. Because of this aspect of interactions, 
the scope of an NSIS framework is necessarily broader than the scope 
of any new NSIS protocol. 
Previous work suggests that a complete QoS signalling framework is a 
major undertaking. This Internet Draft outlines the principal 
components of such a framework and their interrelationships. It could 
be used as a starting point for more detailed investigation of 
individual components. It could also be used to refine the scope of 
NSIS more precisely, both in terms of what functions are to be 
considered and how many variant approaches are relevant.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-fw-outline-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hancock-nsis-fw-outline-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-fw-outline-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.