Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-mipv6-select-hash-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 06:40:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Selection of MIPv6 Security Level Using a Hashed 
                          Address
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko, P. Nikander, G. Montenegro
	Filename	: draft-arkko-mipv6-select-hash-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 26-Jun-02
	
MIPv6 is being defined with a security solution called Return
Routability (RR) that does not need any authentication infrastructure.
Given that the solution is 'infrastructureless' in this manner, it
isn't very easy to control the solution once it is widely deployed. In
particular, it isn't clear how the solution could be changed to a new
solution, should that ever become necessary. Peers should be able to
agree about the use the new solution in a secure manner, without Man-
in-the-Middle attackers from being able to mount a Bidding Down attack
and downgrade the security back to the original solution. This draft
specifies a simple but secure scheme which allows nodes to choose what
security solution they use. One currently known drawback of this
scheme is that it is based on a technology that has IPR considera¡
tions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mipv6-select-hash-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-mipv6-select-hash-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-mipv6-select-hash-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.