Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moore-auto-email-response-00.txt,.ps,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:18:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Recommendations for Automatic Responses to Electronic 
                          Mail
	Author(s)	: K. Moore
	Filename	: draft-moore-auto-email-response-00.txt,.ps,.pdf
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 06-Jun-02
	
This memo makes recommendations for software that automatically responds
to incoming electronic mail messages, including 'out of the office'
response generators, mail filtering software, email-based information
services, and other automatic responders.  The purpose of these
recommendations is to discourage undesirable behavior which is caused or
aggravated by such software, to encourage uniform behavior (where
appropriate) among automatic mail responders, and to clear up some
sources of confusion among implementors of automatic email responders.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moore-auto-email-response-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-moore-auto-email-response-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moore-auto-email-response-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.