Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 07:00:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Emergency Preparedness Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for Emergency Telecommunication  
                          Capabilities in the Internet
	Author(s)	: H. Folts, C. Beard
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 19-Jun-02
	
This document outlines requirements that need to be met in IP-based 
networks to enable and support communications for National 
Security/Emergency Preparedness (NS/EP) operations. It provides a 
basis from which an emergency telecommunications service can be 
negotiated and provides a set of requirements that should be met for 
acceptable emergency telecommunication capabilities for disaster 
recovery operations. The focus here is on network requirements, 
rather than requirements for particular applications. The 
requirements are general, functional, and are intended to provide 
wide latitude in implementation options for service providers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.