Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shemsedinov-usp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:25:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Universal Service Protocol
	Author(s)	: T. Shemsedinov, M. Shemetilo
	Filename	: draft-shemsedinov-usp-03.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 12-Jun-02
	
This document contains the description of call and response packets
of USP protocol.  The protocol is the maximally generalized way of
the complex hierarchical information coding, in its basis the
principles of object analysis and modeling are fixed.  The protocol
is not assigned to any specific service and gives only basic
developing rules of any service protocols, however USP was developed
as RPC protocol.  Packets of the latter should be multipart
structures similar to MIME or XML, but with support of a multilevel
enclosure and other expansions.  Unfortunately, the majority of the
modern protocols represent the information differently, it is caused
by the fact that they were created by the independent developers, at
different time and for different operational systems.  The protocols
simplification to a common format of representation of the
information will essentially enable to facilitate development of the
new protocols and new servers, besides it will remove problems
connected with any incompatibility, and will increase speed of
information processing.  I am distinctly aware of all complexities
connected with USP implementation, but standardization always brings
more benefits, than problems.  It was obvious in the case with SNMP
and MIB.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shemsedinov-usp-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shemsedinov-usp-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shemsedinov-usp-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.