Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-multicast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 06:38:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extended RSVP-TE for Multicast LSP Tunnels
	Author(s)	: S. Yasukawa et al.
	Filename	: draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-multicast-00.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 26-Jun-02
	
Multicast technology will become increasingly important with the
dissemination of new applications such as contents delivery services
and video conferences, which require much more bandwidth and stricter
QoS than conventional applications. From the service providers'
perspective, traffic engineering (TE) functions will be needed to
handle the large amount of multicast traffic.
This document defines some protocol extensions to the existing RSVP-
TE[1] in order to establish a multicast label switched path (LSP).
The use of label switching routers (LSRs) with these protocol
extensions defined in this document allows service providers to offer
unicast and multicast multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) services
in the same service network.
This protocol assumes a variable LSP topology, e.g., point-to-
multipoint, multipoint-to-multipoint, topologies. This document
describes how to establish point-to-multipoint and multipoint-to-
multipoint LSPs as the most basic multicast topology. It defines two
ways of constructing a point-to-multipoint LSP: sender-initiated LSP
setup and leaf-initiated LSP setup. Each method has an LSP
modification function in order to adapt to dynamic changes in the LSP
tree topology.
This MPLS architecture[10] is very flexible and can be expanded to
carry protocols other than IP multicasting, e.g., Ethernet, PPP, and
SONET/SDH, but this document only defines IP multicasting (IPv4 and
IPv6) as a forwarding equivalence class object (FEC).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-multicast-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-multicast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-multicast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.