Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-selret-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:46:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Formats to Enable Multiple Selective 
                          Retransmission
	Author(s)	: A. Miyazaki et  al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-selret-05.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 21-Jun-02
	
This document describes new RTP payload formats, i.e. RTX and SEL,
to enable multiple and optional selective retransmissions in RTP.
These are especially applicable to environments where enhanced RTCP-
based feedback, as per the RTP/AVPF profile [4], is available. Using
these payload formats it is possible  to classify the media stream
according to prioritisation of packets or according to the
transmissions status of the packet ( i.e. transmission or
retransmission). These payload formats can be tailored to fit
different scenarios, with different requirements and where different
solutions are needed. Typical scenarios are unicast transmission and
small multicast groups. In this document we give examples how  these
payload formats can be used to accommodate different retransmission
schemes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-selret-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-selret-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-selret-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.