Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bless-diffserv-pdb-le-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:35:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Lower Effort Per-Domain Behavior for Differentiated 
                          Services
	Author(s)	: R. Bless
	Filename	: draft-bless-diffserv-pdb-le-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 27-Jun-02
	
This document proposes a differentiated services per-domain behavior
(PDB) whose traffic may be 'starved' (although starvation is not
strictly required) in a properly functioning network. This is in
contrast to the Internet's 'best-effort' or 'normal Internet traffic'
model.  In this sense this PDB's traffic is forwarded with a 'lower'
priority than the normal 'best-effort' Internet traffic, thus the PDB
is called 'Lower Effort' (LE). Use of this PDB allows to strictly
limit the effect of its traffic on 'best-effort'/'normal' or all other
Internet traffic.  This document gives some example uses, but does not
propose constraining the PDB's use to any particular type of traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bless-diffserv-pdb-le-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bless-diffserv-pdb-le-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bless-diffserv-pdb-le-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.