Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rojas-mmusic-qosreq-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 06:40:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for the QoS negotiation at the 
                          Application Layer
	Author(s)	: J. Rojas, S. Leroy, M. Holdrege
	Filename	: draft-rojas-mmusic-qosreq-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 26-Jun-02
	
This document identifies requirements for an end-to-end negotiation
of the Quality of Service (QoS) aspects of each media component of a
multi-media session at the application level, before requesting the
transport layer for bearer setup.
It is believed that in the future, QoS will be one of the major
differentiators in the context of a new generation of multi-media
services based on the IP technology. As such, QoS cannot be
considered anymore as a matter of bearer handling only, but it has
also to include the application layer. Moreover, QoS has to be
considered as part of the media component description, and
therefore, to be negotiated or re-negotiated during the session
life.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rojas-mmusic-qosreq-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rojas-mmusic-qosreq-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rojas-mmusic-qosreq-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.