Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-seamoby-cardiscovery-issues-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:12:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Context Transfer, Handoff Candidate Discovery, and Dormant Mode Host Alerting Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Issues in candidate access router discovery for    
                          seamless IP-level handoffs
	Author(s)	: D. Trossen, G. Krishnamurthi, H. Chaskar, J. Kempf
	Filename	: draft-ietf-seamoby-cardiscovery-issues-03.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 11-Jun-02
	
Handoff in IP mobility protocols involves moving a mobile node's
Layer 3 routing reachability point from one access router to
another, before or after the mobile node has established a Layer 2
connection with the radio access point that is covered by the new
access router. In addition, other context information about the
mobile node's IP service may be transferred from the old access
router to the new one, in order to minimize the service disruption
during the handoff process. While the exact details of how this is
accomplished vary depending on the IP mobility and seamless handoff
protocols, one common thread required for IP-level handoffs is
discovering the candidate access routers for the mobile node's
handoff. Discovering the candidate access router involves
identifying its IP address as well as its capabilities that the
mobile node might be interested in. At the time of IP-level handoff,
if a collection of candidates is identified, an algorithm is run to
determine the target access router for the mobile node's handoff.
This document describes the problem of candidate access router
discovery. The document does not discuss the algorithm by which the
actual target access router is selected, nor how the handoff to the
target is achieved.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-seamoby-cardiscovery-issues-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-seamoby-cardiscovery-issues-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-seamoby-cardiscovery-issues-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.