Subject: Document Action: Framework Policy Information Base to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:00:48 -0400

The IESG has approved publication of the following two Internet-Drafts
as Informational RFCs:

 o Framework Policy Information Base
	<draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-09.txt>
 o Differentiated Services Quality of Service Policy Information Base
      <draft-ietf-diffserv-pib-08.txt> 
 
These documents are the product of the Resource Access Protocol (RAP)
and Differentiated Services (DIFFSERV) Working Groups respectively.

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

The Working Groups had requested for standards track, but there is not
IESG consensus enough to support publication of these documents on the
standards track at this time thus we will publish them as Informational
RFCs. The IAB just held a workshop on network management and the report
on that workshop is being developed. If the results of the workshop and
subsequent discussion changes the consensus in the IESG we will then
issue a last-call to republish the documents as standards track RFCs.