Subject: RFC 3292 on General Switch Management Protocol V3

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:35:25 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3292

        Title:	    General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP) V3
        Author(s):  A. Doria, F. Hellstrand, K. Sundell, T. Worster
        Status:	    Standards Track
	Date:       June 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      137
        Characters: 318983
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-gsmp-11.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3292.txt

This document describes the General Switch Management Protocol Version
3 (GSMPv3).  The GSMPv3 is an asymmetric protocol that allows one or
more external switch controllers to establish and maintain the state
of a label switch such as, an ATM, frame relay or MPLS
switch.  The GSMPv3 allows control of both unicast and multicast
switch connection state as well as control of switch system resources
and QoS features.

This document is a product of the General Switch Management Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.