Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kempf-mobileip-fastho-lmm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 08:43:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Leveraging Fast Handover Protocols to Support 
                          Localized Mobility Management in Mobile IP
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf et al.
	Filename	: draft-kempf-mobileip-fastho-lmm-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 05-Jun-02
	
Longstanding work in the Mobile IP Working Group has been directed 
at enhancements to Mobile IPv4 and Mobile IPv6 to reduce the amount 
of latency in binding updates sent to the Home Agent and, for route-
optimization, Correspondent Nodes, upon Care of Address change. In 
cases where the Home Agent and Mobile Node are separated by 
continental or transcontinental distances, this latency can be 
rather high and can interfere with the Mobile Node receiving its 
traffic upon Care of Address change when break-before-make handover 
is required. This draft discusses a solution that leverages the more 
recent fast handover work and mechanisms already described in the 
protocol specifications for Mobile IPv6 and the route optimization 
extension of Mobile IPv4. This alternative has certain simplicity, 
scalability, and robustness advantages over a design that 
incorporates additional mobility agents, and requires no additional 
mechanism in the network or change to the Mobile Node beyond that 
required to support these protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mobileip-fastho-lmm-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kempf-mobileip-fastho-lmm-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mobileip-fastho-lmm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.