Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-douville-ccamp-gmpls-waveband-extensions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:01:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Additional Extensions to Generalized MPLS for Waveband
                          Switching
	Author(s)	: R. Douville et al.
	Filename	: draft-douville-ccamp-gmpls-waveband-extensions-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 24-Jun-02
	
Generalized-MPLS (GMPLS) extends the MPLS control plane to encompass
time-division, wavelength and spatial switching. A functional
description of the extensions to MPLS signaling needed to support
the new types of switching is provided in [GMPLS-SIG]. Along with
the current development of IP over optical switching, there are
considerable developments in optical transport systems based on the
multiple optical switching granularities. [GMPLS-SIG] currently
defines two layers of optical granularity (wavelength and fiber). As
described in [IPO-MG], a revisited definition of waveband switching
must be introduced. This document presents a functional description
of the extensions, to the GMPLS protocol suite, to integrate the
additional requirements of optical multi-granularity and to further
benefit from the features of those switching layers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-douville-ccamp-gmpls-waveband-extensions-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-douville-ccamp-gmpls-waveband-extensions-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-douville-ccamp-gmpls-waveband-extensions-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.