Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sadler-pppext-disc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 07:43:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Neighbor Discovery via PPP
	Author(s)	: J. Sadler, B. Mack-Crane
	Filename	: draft-sadler-pppext-disc-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 03-Jun-02
	
Work has been progressing in the Common Control and Measurement
Protocol (CCAMP) working group on the application of MPLS technology
to non-packet switching networks.  Development of the Generalized
MPLS (GMPLS) signaling draft [1] has allowed for Optical, SONET/SDH,
and spatial switching systems to be controlled using IP protocols.
In a GMPLS network, the path that a TDM connection will use is
developed using constraint based routing.  The developed route
utilizes TDM link state information announced via OSPF or IS-IS by
other nodes in the network.  However, a node cannot advertise the
existence of a link without first identifying the remote node
connected to the link and the capabilities of the neighboring node.
In a packet network, this function would typically be accomplished
using OSPF or IS-IS Hello messages repeated every 10 or so seconds.
However, the TDM link cannot transmit similar messages because the
port terminating the link cannot be shared between a TDM service
user and the OSPF/IS-IS termination function.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sadler-pppext-disc-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sadler-pppext-disc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sadler-pppext-disc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.