Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-menezes-hierarchical-mpls-service-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:46:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Hierarchical MPLS Services using 2547bis and BGP/MPLS
	Author(s)	: P. Menezes et al.
	Filename	: draft-menezes-hierarchical-mpls-service-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 21-Jun-02
	
This document describes a network service model for service 
providers to deliver economical layer 2 VPN services using 
hierarchical MPLS.  The service model builds on top of 2547 and 
BGP/MPLS and extends to building L2VPN services between customer 
sites with a scalable peering model.  
It reduces the cost of services for downstream providers by using a 
distance-insensitive IP Network Service Provider (NSP) as a WAN 
partner to connect distant regions.  It simplifies downstream 
providerÆs operation and improves the scalability of a traditional 
standard overlay model by allowing the downstream provider to peer 
with the upstream provider for both Internet transit and L2VPN 
services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-menezes-hierarchical-mpls-service-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-menezes-hierarchical-mpls-service-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-menezes-hierarchical-mpls-service-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.