Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ymbk-arch-guidelines-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:30:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Some Internet Architectural Guidelines and Philosophy
	Author(s)	: R. Bush, T. Griffin, D. Meyer
	Filename	: draft-ymbk-arch-guidelines-03.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 13-Jun-02
	
This document extends RFC 1958 [RFC1958] by outlining some of the
philosophical guidelines to which architects and designers of
Internet backbone networks should adhere. We describe the Simplicity
Principle, which states that complexity is the primary mechanism that
impedes efficient scaling, and discuss its implications on the
architecture, design and engineering issues found in large scale
Internet backbones

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ymbk-arch-guidelines-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ymbk-arch-guidelines-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ymbk-arch-guidelines-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.