Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tessier-mobileip-ipsec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:36:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Guidelines for Mobile IP and IPSec VPN Usage
	Author(s)	: S. Tessier
	Filename	: draft-tessier-mobileip-ipsec-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 20-Jun-02
	
This document highlights some of the issues that should be consider 
when IPSec [2] and Mobile IP [3] inter-work with each other. 
This work finds some applications in the following fields: VPN 
traversal requirement [4], IPSec Remote access client co-located 
with a Mobile Node, IPSec security Gateway running in parallel with 
a Home Agent or a MIP Proxy [5]. 
The purpose of this document is informational. Rather that strictly 
indicating how both protocol should take advantages of each other, 
which is a subjective task left to the user and implementation 
developers of both protocol, it rather proposes some usage guidelines 
and general considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tessier-mobileip-ipsec-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tessier-mobileip-ipsec-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tessier-mobileip-ipsec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.