Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guichard-pe-ce-addr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:01:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Address Allocation for PE-CE links within an 
                          RFC2547bis Network
	Author(s)	: J. Guichard et al.
	Filename	: draft-guichard-pe-ce-addr-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 24-Jun-02
	
This document proposes to allocate a block of globally unique IPv4  
addresses for exclusive use by Service Providers that provide  
[L3VPN] based Services. The Service Provider may use these addresses  
for the provisioning of IP addresses to the links that connect 
customer edge (CE) routers with provider edge (PE) routers (PE-CE  
links).   
The main motivation for this proposal is to simplify the Service  
Providers' operations by eliminating the need for the Service  
Providers to acquire globally unique addresses for the links that  
connect Customer Edge (CE) routers with Provider Edge (PE) routers.  
An additional benefit of this proposal is that it conserves IPv4  
address space by allowing multiple Service Providers to share the  
same block of IPv4 addresses for provisioning of customer links. 
               
               This addressing scheme is not intended for use by VPNs that span  
               more than a single Service Provider, unless co-operation of addressing  
               structure is maintained to ensure uniqueness between providers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guichard-pe-ce-addr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guichard-pe-ce-addr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guichard-pe-ce-addr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.