Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bclaise-netflow-9-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:33:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Cisco Systems NetFlow Services Export Version 9
	Author(s)	: B. Claise
	Filename	: draft-bclaise-netflow-9-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 05-Jun-02
	
Cisco Systems NetFlow Services provide network administrators with 
access to information concerning IP Flows within their data networks. 
Exported NetFlow Services data can be used for a variety of purposes,  
including network management and planning, accounting, and 
departmental chargebacks, Internet Service Provider billing, data 
warehousing, and data mining for marketing purposes. 
This paper discusses the most recent evolution of the NetFlow flow 
export format, which is known as Version 9. The distinguishing 
feature of the NetFlow Version 9 format compared to previous formats, 
is that it is template based. Templates (collection of fields along 
with the description and structure) provide a flexible and extensible 
design to the record format. These two features that allow future 
enhancements to NetFlow services without requiring concurrent changes 
to the basic flow-record format and minimize the consumed export  bandwidth
Conventions used in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bclaise-netflow-9-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bclaise-netflow-9-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bclaise-netflow-9-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.