Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hancock-nsis-fw-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 06:39:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Next Steps in Signaling: A Framework Proposal
	Author(s)	: R. Hancock et al.
	Filename	: draft-hancock-nsis-fw-00.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 26-Jun-02
	
The NSIS working group is considering protocol developments in 
signaling for resources for a traffic flow along its path in the 
network. The requirements for such signaling are being developed in a 
separate document [2]; This Internet Draft proposes a framework for 
such signaling. This initial version provides a model for describing 
the entities that take part in the signaling and the ways in which 
they can be used in different modes of operation. It also discusses 
the overall structure of such a signaling protocol. Finally, it 
considers the possible interactions of NSIS signaling with other 
protocols and functions, including security issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-fw-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hancock-nsis-fw-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-fw-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.