Subject: Protocol Action: Message Context for Internet Mail to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:42:02 -0400

The IESG has approved Message Context for Internet Mail 
<draft-ietf-vpim-hint-08.txt> for publication as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail
Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik
Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
      This document describes a new RFC2822 message header, "Message-
      Context". This header provides information about the context 
 	and presentation characteristics of a message. Taking account of 
	this information, the receiving user agent (UA) can make 
	decisions that improve message presentation for the user in the 
	context the sender and receiver expects.

  Working Group Summary
 
      While this document is a product of the Voice Profile for 
	Internet Messaging (VPIM) WG and can be used in conjunction with 
	VPIM messages, it is applicable to non-VPIM messages as well.
 
  Protocol Quality
 
      Ned Freed reviewed this document for the IESG.