Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-te-feed-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 07:33:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Improving Topology Data Base Accuracy with LSP 
                          Feedback in CR-LDP
	Author(s)	: P. Ashwood-Smith, B. Jamoussi, D. Fedyk, D. Skalecki
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-te-feed-04.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 04-Jun-02
	
One key component of traffic engineering is a concept known as 
constraint based routing. In constraint based routing a topology 
database is maintained on all participating nodes. This database 
contains a complete list of all the links in the network that 
participate in traffic engineering and for each of these links a set 
of constraints, which those links can meet. Bandwidth, for example, 
is one essential constraint. Since the bandwidth available changes 
as new LSPs are established and terminated the topology database 
will develop inconsistencies with respect to the real network. It is 
not possible to increase the flooding rates arbitrarily to keep the 
database discrepancies from growing. A new mechanism is proposed 
whereby a source node can learn about the successes or failures of 
its path selections by receiving feedback from the paths it is 
attempting. This information is most valuable in failure scenarious 
but is benificial during other path setup functions as well. This 
fed-back information can be incorporated into subsequent route 
computations, which greatly improves the accuracy of the overall 
routing solution by significantly reducing the database 
discrepancies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-te-feed-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-te-feed-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-te-feed-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.