Subject: Protocol Action: Tag Image File Format (TIFF) - image/tiff MIME Sub-type Registration to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:36:28 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Tag Image File Format 
(TIFF) - image/tiff MIME Sub-type Registration'
<draft-ietf-fax-tiff-regbis-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This 
document is the product of the Internet Fax Working Group.  The 
IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary

  This document describes the registration of the MIME sub-type
  image/tiff, used to indicate the use of the Tag Image File
  Format (TIFF) defined by Adobe. This document refines an earlier
  sub-type registration in RFC 1528 [TPC.INT] and supersedes 
  RFC 2302.

Working Group Summary

  The group came to consensus on the documents as written.
  Moreover, these documents are also to a large degree agreed 
  to by the ITU study group that is defining similar 
  functionality in the ITU protocol suite.

Protocol Quality

  The specification was reviewed for the IESG by Ned Freed.