Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 07:38:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework Policy Information Base
	Author(s)	: M. Fine, K. McCloghrie, J. Seligson, 
                          K. Chan, S. Hahn, R. Sahita, A. Smith, F. Reichmeyer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-08.txt
	Pages		: 66
	Date		: 31-May-02
	
Structure of Policy Provisioning Information (SPPI) describes a 
structure for specifying policy information that can then be 
transmitted to a network device for the purpose of configuring 
policy at that device.  The model underlying this structure is one 
of well-defined PRovisioning Classes (PRCs) and instances of these 
classes (PRIs) residing in a virtual information store called the 
Policy Information Base (PIB). 
One way to provision policy is by means of the Common Open Policy 
Service (COPS) protocol with the extensions for provisioning. This 
protocol supports multiple clients, each of which may provision 
policy for a specific policy domain such as QoS, virtual private 
networks, or security. 
As described in COPS usage for Policy Provisioning (COPS-PR), each 
client supports a non-overlapping and independent set of PIB 
modules.  However, some PRovisioning Classes are common to all 
subject-categories (client-types) and need to be present in each.  
This document defines a set of PRCs and textual conventions that are 
common to all clients that provision policy using COPS for 
Provisioning.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.