Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-chain-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 06:59:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Handoff with Chain Tunneling for Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: H. Jung et al.
	Filename	: draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-chain-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 19-Jun-02
	
Mobile IP allows a mobile node to send and receive packets 
regardless of the IP address of its current point of attachment in 
the Internet. Several handover protocol using Layer 2 information 
has proposed for fast handover. We propose a modification of the 
fast handover protocol with simple Layer 2 triggers. For successive 
handovers of a Mobile Node on real-time service, a chain tunneling 
handover is proposed. For effective operation of the chain, the 
chain length threshold is adopted to prevent packet delay due to 
the successive handovers. Tunnel negotiation is employed to adopt 
the local resource and security conditions and management policies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-chain-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-chain-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-chain-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.