Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-send-cga-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 06:40:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Securing IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Using 
                          Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGAs)
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko, P. Nikander, V. Mantyla
	Filename	: draft-arkko-send-cga-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 26-Jun-02
	
IPv6 nodes use the Neighbor Discovery (ND) protocol to discover other 
nodes on the link, to determine each other's link-layer addresses, to
find routers and to maintain reachability information about the paths 
to active neighbors. The original ND specifications called for the
use of IPsec for protecting the ND messages. However, in this
particular application the use of IPsec may not always be feasible,
mainly due to difficulties in key management. If not secured, ND
protocol is vulnerable to various attacks. This document specifies a 
ightweight security solution for ND that does not rely on pre-
configuration or trusted third parties. The presented solution uses 
Cryptographically Generated Addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-send-cga-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-send-cga-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-send-cga-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.