Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-melnikov-imap-content-location-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:32:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An extension to IMAP BODYSTRUCTURE for returning
                          Content-Location information
	Author(s)	: M. Crispin, S. Hole, A. Melnikov
	Filename	: draft-melnikov-imap-content-location-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 05-Jun-02
	
The [IMAP4] BODYSTRUCTURE FETCH data item allows a client to learn about
the MIME structure of a message without the need to download the entire
message.
This document extends the syntax of the [IMAP4] BODYSTRUCTURE FETCH
response data item to include information from the Content-Location
header field described in [MHTML]. This extension helps MHTML-aware
IMAP clients to save both the number of round trips and the amount of
information sent across the network.
Fallback strategies are also discussed when an IMAP server doesn't
support this extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-imap-content-location-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-melnikov-imap-content-location-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-imap-content-location-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.