Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular-host-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:16:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 for Some Second and Third Generation Cellular 
                          Hosts
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular-host-03.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 07-Jun-02
	
As the deployment of second and third generation cellular networks 
progresses, a large number of cellular hosts are being connected to 
the Internet. Standardization organizations are making IPv6 
mandatory in their specifications. However, the concept of IPv6 
covers many aspects and numerous specifications. In addition, the 
characteristics of cellular links in terms of bandwidth, cost and 
delay put special requirements on how IPv6 is used. This document 
considers IPv6 for cellular hosts that attach to the General Packet 
Radio Service (GPRS), or Universal Mobile Telecommunications System 
(UMTS) networks. The document lists basic components of IPv6 
functionality and discusses some issues relating to the use of these 
components when operating in these networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular-host-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular-host-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-cellular-host-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.