Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-berg-ieprep-sip-isup-gap-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:36:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ISUP<>SIP Gap Analysis for IEPREP
	Author(s)	: D. Berg
	Filename	: draft-berg-ieprep-sip-isup-gap-analysis-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 27-Jun-02
	
This document begins a gap analysis of SIP-ISUP mapping from the 
perspective of ieprep.  Draft-ietf-sipping-isup-02 does not address
mapping/translation for two ISUP IAM parameters of specific interest to 
ieprep: the mandatory Calling Party's Category and the optional
Precedence parameters.  On the assumption that both of these parameters
should be mapped/translated in SIP-ISUP interworking, this ID begins
with the proposal for a new SIP Resource-Priority header in work in
progress in ieprep.  Several variations on the proposed new header
are formulated and assessed for use in mapping/translating the two IAM parameters. The ID concludes that either a single header with namespace differentiation of instances or two distinct headers would meet the needs of ieprep.  It is recommended that this choice be made and reflected into draft-ietf-sipping-isup-02.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-berg-ieprep-sip-isup-gap-analysis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-berg-ieprep-sip-isup-gap-analysis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-berg-ieprep-sip-isup-gap-analysis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.