Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nunes-pppext-mcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:26:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multi-Class PPP with Channel Preemption and Dynamic 
                          Fragmentation
	Author(s)	: M. Nunes
	Filename	: draft-nunes-pppext-mcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 17-Jun-02
	
This document defines the encapsulation and mechanisms that allows PPP 
packets to be transported over low-bitrate links such as modem lines, 
ISDN B-channels, and sub-T1 links with guarantee of quality of service 
for time sensitive services. A mechanism of channel preemption is 
defined, allowing the immediate occupation of the channel with the most 
priority packet, resuming the transmission of the lower priority frame 
without need to retransmit the octets already sent. This mechanism 
allows a dynamic packet fragmentation, guaranteeing simultaneously a 
low transmission delay for the services more sensitive to transmission 
delays and an efficient channel occupation. It is a recursive 
mechanism, which means that the packet that made the channel preemption 
can itself be preempted by another higher priority packet, and this 
process can be repeated whenever a higher priority packet requests 
transmission. The proposed mechanism is compatible with existing 
hardware and drivers for asynchronous and synchronous HDLC controllers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nunes-pppext-mcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nunes-pppext-mcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nunes-pppext-mcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.