Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:17:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Control Protocol (MCOP)
	Author(s)	: R. Lehtonen et al.
	Filename	: draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 06-Jun-02
	
In IP multicast all hosts that join a multicast group (*, G) or (S,
G) can receive the multicast traffic.  This draft adds possibility to
selectively enable multicast receiving and sending by introducing
Multicast Control Protocol (MCOP).  MCOP is used between multicast
control agent (MCA) and routers that have directly connected
multicast sources or receivers.  The receiver and source control is
done by MCOP enabled routers based on the information received from
the MCA.  MCOP enabled routers filter IGMP/MLD reports and multicast
packets before they reach the IGMP/MLD processing layer or multicast
routing stack of the router.  MCOP is independent of multicast
routing protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.