Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-garcia-sip-called-party-id-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 07:43:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Private  Session Initiation Protocol ((SIP) extension 
                          for Called Party Identity
	Author(s)	: M. Garcia
	Filename	: draft-garcia-sip-called-party-id-03.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 03-Jun-02
	
This memo describes a private extension to SIP in the form of a
P-Called-Party-ID header. A proxy inserts this header typically in an
INVITE, en-route to its destination. The header is populated with the
Request-URI received by the proxy in the request. The UAS identifies
which ID out of several IDs the invitation was sent to (for example,
the user may be using simultaneously a personal and a business SIP URI
to receive invitation to sessions). The UAS may use the information to
render different distinctive audiovisual alerting tones, depending on
the ID used to receive the invitation to the session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garcia-sip-called-party-id-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-garcia-sip-called-party-id-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-garcia-sip-called-party-id-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.