Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-everdingen-ccamp-lmp-update-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:37:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Link Management Protocol Update
	Author(s)	: M. Van Everdingen, G. Bernstein
	Filename	: draft-everdingen-ccamp-lmp-update-00.txt
	Pages		: 52
	Date		: 27-Jun-02
	
Optical networks are being developed to include photonic switches, 
optical crossconnects, SONET/SDH crossconnects and routers.  These 
networks consist of data links and a logically separated control 
network.  Furthermore, multiple data links may be combined to form a 
single traffic engineering (TE) link for routing purposes.  This 
draft proposes an update of the Link Management Protocol LMP. LMP 
runs between neighboring nodes (regarding data links) and is used to 
manage TE links.  Specifically, LMP can be used to discover and 
verify the physical connectivity of the data links, correlate the 
data link property information, suppress downstream alarms, and 
localize link failures for protection/restoration purposes in GMPLS 
switched networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-everdingen-ccamp-lmp-update-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-everdingen-ccamp-lmp-update-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-everdingen-ccamp-lmp-update-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.