Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-enum-usage-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:07:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ENUM Usage Scenarios
	Author(s)	: S. Lind
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-usage-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 10-Jun-02
	
This document provides illustrations of the use of ENUM [2] 
functionality within the larger context of service-level call flows 
for Voice over IP communication where interworking between the PSTN 
and IP-based networks are necessary to complete a call. Details are 
presented for simple calls made on a 'direct dial' basis. Some 
details are also provided for calls made using the ITU-defined 
'Global Services' [3,4,5]. The impact of number portability within 
the call scenarios is discussed. The objective of this document is 
to identify areas where gaps exist in the provision of services and 
suggest where protocol extensions for ENUM, SIP, TRIP, etc. are 
needed. 
The document does not propose that the examples represent the only 
or best approach for interworking between the PSTN and IP-based 
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-usage-scenarios-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-enum-usage-scenarios-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-usage-scenarios-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.