Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gurbani-sin-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:47:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Interworking SIP and Intelligent Network (IN) 
                          Applications
	Author(s)	: V. Gurbani, F. Haerens, V. Rastogi
	Filename	: draft-gurbani-sin-02.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 21-Jun-02
	
Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) services such as 800 number
routing (freephone), time-and-day routing, credit-card calling,
virtual private network (mapping a private network number into a
public number) are realized by the Intelligent Network (IN).  This
draft addresses means to support existing IN services from Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) endpoints for an IP-host-to-phone call.
The call request is originated on a SIP endpoint, but the services to
the call are provided by the data and procedures resident in the
PSTN/IN.  To provide IN services in a transparent manner to SIP
endpoints, this draft describes the mechanism for interworking SIP
and Intelligent Network Application Part (INAP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-sin-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gurbani-sin-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gurbani-sin-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.