Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ohta-smooth-handover-wlan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:26:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Smooth Handover over IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN
	Author(s)	: M. Ohta
	Filename	: draft-ohta-smooth-handover-wlan-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 17-Jun-02
	
This memo describes, based on the experience of MIS (Mobile Internet
Services, Inc.) for commercial mobile IP service over IEEE 802.11b
based wireless LAN environment, how smooth handover between access
points is implemented.
The major obstacle for the smooth handover is time required to scan
frequency bands and latency of mobile registration is not so much a
problem, both of which is solved with terminals having two
transceivers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohta-smooth-handover-wlan-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ohta-smooth-handover-wlan-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ohta-smooth-handover-wlan-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.