Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vigoureux-ccamp-gmpls-architecture-hpn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:41:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GMPLS Architectural Considerations for (Hybrid) 
                          Photonic Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Vigoureux
	Filename	: draft-vigoureux-ccamp-gmpls-architecture-hpn-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 25-Jun-02
	
Optical networks could have been reduced to point-to-point links but
technology evolution led the way to an evolution trend. The concept
of optical transparency first took shape through the development of
photonic switching fabrics and is now being reinforced by the
continuous efforts produced to increase transmission distances.
Optical networking obviously can not be left aside of such
evolutions and so it is for the (in particular, GMPLS-based)
protocols that control these photonic networks. This document
highlights the enhancements that seem to be necessary for GMPLS to
cover these emerging trends (transparency, hybrid nodes) and fulfil
its role of a generalized control plane.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vigoureux-ccamp-gmpls-architecture-hpn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vigoureux-ccamp-gmpls-architecture-hpn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vigoureux-ccamp-gmpls-architecture-hpn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.