Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yegin-l2-triggers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:02:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Link-layer Triggers Protocol
	Author(s)	: A. Yegin
	Filename	: draft-yegin-l2-triggers-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 24-Jun-02
	
Wireless and mobile hosts are subject to changing their point of 
attachment from one access network to another. These changes result 
in link-layer events such as link up and link down. Information on 
these events can be conveyed to interested parties in the form of 
link-layer triggers. Primary consumers of this information are the 
modules implementing mobility related network-layer protocols. When 
provider and consumer of this information are co-located on the same 
IP node, required communication can take place via internal 
mechanisms. But when they are separate, as in the case of networks 
using wired-to-wireless bridges, a transport mechanism is needed to 
convey link-layer triggers. This draft defines a UDP based client-
server protocol for transporting link-layer triggers between two IP 
nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yegin-l2-triggers-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yegin-l2-triggers-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yegin-l2-triggers-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.