Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nguyen-rap-cops-sls-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 12:09:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: COPS Usage for SLS negotiation (COPS-SLS)
	Author(s)	: T. Nguyen et al.
	Filename	: draft-nguyen-rap-cops-sls-03.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 05-Jul-02
	
This document describes the use of the Common Open Policy Service
(COPS) protocol for supporting Service Level Specification (SLS)
negotiation (COPS-SLS). The COPS protocol [COPS] has been defined by 
the IETF Resource Allocation Protocol (RAP) WG [RAP] and will be used 
in this memo to communicate SLS information between customer and 
provider. COPS-SLS can be used at different interfaces such as 
vertically between a service provider and a network provider or 
horizontally between network providers in order to decide if the 
network guarantees a service level for a traffic stream. This version 
presents COPS-SLS as a candidate protocol for the interface between 
the Resource Control Domain (RCD) and the Service Control Domain 
(SCD), according to [SESSION-AUTH] vocabulary. It enables an SCD to
vertically reserve RCD resource for its customers. Once resource has 
been reserved in the RCD, the media session establishment, together 
with the horizontal resource reservation, follows the steps described 
in the [AUTHSESSION] framework. Moreover, the respective PDPs have to 
verify that all the media streams being accepted lie within the 
bounds of the resource reserved in the RCD by the SCD.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-rap-cops-sls-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nguyen-rap-cops-sls-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-rap-cops-sls-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.