Subject: 2002 IETF Nominations Committee Chair Announcement

From: "Lynn St.Amour" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:35:38 -0400

One of the roles of the ISOC President is to appoint the IETF 
Nominations Committee chair.    This is done through consultation 
with the ISOC VP of Standards, and the IETF and IAB Chairs and it 
gives us great pleasure to announce that Phil Roberts has agreed to 
serve as the 2002 IETF Nominations Committee chair.  Phil can be 
reached at [email-masked].

A Call for Nominations for this committee will be sent shortly to the 
IETF Announcement list.  Persons who have attended at least 2 of the 
last 3 IETF meetings are eligible to serve and the list of volunteers 
will be formally qualified using the IETF Secretariat attendance 
records.   The nominations committee will then be formed from a 
randomly selected subset of the volunteers so qualified.

In addition, a list of the IESG positions to be filled and the IAB 
positions to be reconsidered, will be published shortly.  Please give 
serious consideration to possible candidates for these posts and in 
the interim, make your suggestions known to Phil, who will share them 
with the committee when seated.

This is, as always, an ambitious undertaking and it is important that 
the IETF community assist as much as possible.   Thank you in advance 
for your support and a sincere thank you to Phil for agreeing to take 
on this important responsibility.

Lynn St. Amour
President/CEO
The Internet Society