Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-gsec-sgmv6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 12:10:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Securing Group Management in IPv6 with 
                          Cryptographically Generated Addresses
	Author(s)	: C. Castelluccia, G. Montenegro
	Filename	: draft-irtf-gsec-sgmv6-01.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 05-Jul-02
	
Currently, group membership management in IP Multicast and
Anycast can be abused in order to launch denial-of-service (DoS)
attacks.  The root of the problem is that routers cannot
determine if a given host is authorized to join a group
(sometimes referred to as the 'Proof-of-Membership Problem'
[ECUMN00]). We propose a solution for IPv6 based on Group
Cryptographically Generated Addresses (G-CGA).
These addresses have characteristics of statistical uniqueness
and cryptographic verifiability that lend themselves to severely
limiting certain classes of DoS attacks. Our scheme is fully
distributed and does not require any trusted third party or
pre-established security association between the routers and the
hosts.  This is not only a huge gain in terms of scalability,
reliability and overhead, but also in terms of privacy.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-gsec-sgmv6-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-gsec-sgmv6-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-gsec-sgmv6-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.