Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-watson-sipping-req-history-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 06:36:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generic Request History Capability - Requirements
	Author(s)	: M. Watson, M. Barnes, C. Jennings, J. Peterson
	Filename	: draft-watson-sipping-req-history-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 28-Jun-02
	
Many services that SIP is anticipated to support require the ability 
to determine why and how the call arrived at a specific application.  
Examples of such services include (but are not limited to) sessions 
initiated to call centers via 'click to talk' SIP URLs on a web page, 
'call history/logging' style services within intelligent 'call 
management' software for SIP UAs and calls to voicemail servers and 
call centers.  While SIP implicitly provides the redirect/retarget 
capabilities that enable calls to be routed to chosen applications, 
there is currently no standard mechanism within SIP for communicating 
the history of such a request. This 'request history' information 
allows the receiving application to determine hints about how and why 
the call arrived at the application/user.     
This draft discusses the motivations in support of a mechanism which 
records the 'request history' and proposes detailed requirements for 
such a generic 'request history' capability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-watson-sipping-req-history-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-watson-sipping-req-history-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-watson-sipping-req-history-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.