Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 12:09:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Multicast in Differentiated Services Networks
	Author(s)	: R. Bless, K. Wehrle
	Filename	: draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-04.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 05-Jul-02
	
This document presents some of the problems which will arise when IP
Multicast is used in DiffServ networks without taking special
precautions into account for supplying multicast services. Although
the basic DS forwarding mechanisms also work with IP Multicast, some
facts have to be considered which are related to the provisioning of
multicast resources. The presented problems mainly lead to
situations in which other service users are affected adversely in
their experienced quality. In order to retain the benefits of the
DiffServ approach, a quite simple and scalable solution for those
problems is required, not resulting in additional complexity or
costs related to forwarding mechanisms in a DiffServ domain

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.