Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-zone-iarp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 12:10:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Intrazone Routing Protocol (IARP) for Ad Hoc 
                          Networks
	Author(s)	: Z. Haas, M. Pearlman, P. Samar
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-zone-iarp-02.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 05-Jul-02
	
This document describes the Intrazone Routing Protocol (IARP), a
limited scope proactive routing protocol used to improve the
performance of existing globally reactive routing protocols.  With
each node monitoring changes in its surrounding R-hop neighborhood
(routing zone), global route discoveries to local destinations can be
avoided.  When a global route search is needed, the IARP's routing
zones can be used to efficiently guide route queries outwards (via
bordercasting) rather than blindly relaying queries from neighbor
to neighbor.  The proactive maintenance of routing zones also helps
improve the quality of discovered routes, by making them more robust
to changes in network topology.  Once routes have been discovered,
IARP's routing zone offers enhanced, real-time, route maintenance.
Link failures can be bypassed by multiple hop paths within the
routing zone.  Similarly, suboptimal route segments can be identified
and traffic re-routed along shorter paths.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-zone-iarp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-zone-iarp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-zone-iarp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.