Subject: 54th IETF Meeting - IP Path Tracing BOF (ippt)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:17:12 -0400

IP Path Tracing BOF (ippt)

Thursday, July 18 at 1300-1500
===============================

CHAIR:  Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>

GOAL:

     Very low cost methods of storing packet trace information in
     routers and other devices along a network path have been recently
     developed.  It is possible, using these technologies, to trace
     individual packets back to their source (see, for instance, Snoeren
     et al, Hash-Based IP Traceback,
     http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2001/p1.html).

     This BOF is focussed on the protocols required to support this
     kind of trace information and refinement of the planned WG scope.

AGENDA:

     * Ritual Agenda bashing and passing of the blue sheet
     * Discussion of work since last meeting
     * Presentation of proposed WG Charter