Subject: Protocol Action: Tag Image File Format Fax eXtended (TIFF-FX) -image/tiff-fx MIME Sub-type Registration to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 09:06:40 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Tag Image File Format Fax 
eXtended (TIFF-FX) -image/tiff-fx MIME Sub-type Registration' 
<draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-reg-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
This document is the product of the Internet Fax Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom 

Technical Summary

  The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Tag Image File Format Fax
  eXtended (TIFF-FX) -image/tiff-fx MIME Sub-type Registration'
  <draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-reg-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
  This document is the product of the Internet Fax Working Group.
  The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom

Technical Summary

   This document describes the registration of the MIME sub-type
   image/tiff-fx.  The encodings are defined by File Format for Internet
   Fax [TIFF-FX] and its extensions.

 Working Group Summary

  The group came to consensus on the documents as written.
  Moreover, these documents are also to a large degree agreed to by
  the ITU study group that is defining similar functionality in the
  ITU protocol suite.

Protocol Quality

  The specification was reviewed for the IESG by Ned Freed.

RFC Editor note:

Please change the "Encoding Considerations" in section 7 to
read:

   Encoding Considerations: This media type consists of binary
   data. The base64 encoding should be used on transports that
   cannot accomodate binary data directly.

Please add a "Security Considerations" section between sections
7 and 8 of the current document. The contents of this section
should read:

   The security considerations for this media type are
   discussed in the security considerations section of
   the media type registration from that appears in
   section 7.