Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 12:10:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Zone Routing Protocol (ZRP) for Ad Hoc Networks
	Author(s)	: Z. Haas, M. Pearlman, P. Samar
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-02.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 05-Jul-02
	
This document describes the Zone Routing Protocol (ZRP) framework, a 
hybrid routing framework suitable for a wide variety of mobile ad-hoc
networks, especially those with large network spans and diverse
mobility patterns.  Each node proactively maintains routes within a
local region (referred to as the routing zone).  Knowledge of the
routing zone topology is leveraged by the ZRP to improve the
efficiency of a globally reactive route query/reply mechanism. The 
proactive maintenance of routing zones also helps improve the quality
of discovered routes, by making them more robust to changes in network
topology. The ZRP can be configured for a particular network by proper
selection of a single parameter, the routing zone radius.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.