Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nuopponen-vaarala-mipvpn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:08:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv4 coexistence with IPsec remote access 
                          tunnelling
	Author(s)	: A. Nuopponen, S. Vaarala
	Filename	: draft-nuopponen-vaarala-mipvpn-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 23-Jul-02
	
This document describes a simple method that allows a mobile node to
use a home agent situated inside a protected intranet, while also
allowing the mobile to roam between the public internet and the
intranet without losing active sessions.  Whenever the mobile is
outside the intranet, it connects to the intranet using an IPsec
tunnel and registers the IPsec-assigned inner tunnel address as its
co-located care-of address to the internal home agent.  If desired,
handover performance while outside the intranet can be enhanced by
employing another Mobile IP layer underneath IPsec.  The solution
does not require any new protocols, only a profile for using existing
protocols.  Only the mobile node needs to be modified in order to use
this profile.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nuopponen-vaarala-mipvpn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nuopponen-vaarala-mipvpn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nuopponen-vaarala-mipvpn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.