Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kan-qos-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:07:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Two-plane and Three-tier Framework Structure for NSIS
	Author(s)	: Z. Kan, J. Ma
	Filename	: draft-kan-qos-framework-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 24-Jul-02
	
This document proposes a 'two-plane three-tier' framework structure 
for NSIS signaling. In this framework the Access Networks are 
connected with wired backbone through default routers. It is 
assumed that one can do a competent job of network configuration & 
provisioning in the backbone network, and just keeps backbone 
networks stupid simple.Resource policies which are implemented in 
inter-NSIS Domains and intra-NSIS Domain, NSIS Signaling and NSIS 
negotiations are in the control plane. User data is transported in 
the transport plane. COPS/Diameter is used for exchanging resource 
policies.  
Three-Tier NSIS signalings mean that NSIS signaling should be done 
in three levels. The first level is Inter-NSIS Domain NSIS 
signaling across neighboring NSIS Domains, and the second level is 
Intra-NSIS Domain NSIS signaling inside each NSIS Domain while the 
third level is end-to-edge NSIS signaling and end-to-end NSIS 
signaling. The aggregate traffic crossing NSIS Domain borders is 
served according to relatively stable, long-lived bilateral 
agreements. End-to-end QoS support is achieved through the 
concatenation of such bilateral agreements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kan-qos-framework-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kan-qos-framework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kan-qos-framework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.