Subject: RFC 3267 on Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Payload Format and File Storage Format for the Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) and Adaptive Multi-Rate Wideband (AMR-WB) Audio Codecs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:27:54 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3267

        Title:	    Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Payload Format
                    and File Storage Format for the Adaptive
                    Multi-Rate (AMR) and Adaptive Multi-Rate Wideband
                    (AMR-WB) Audio Codecs 
        Author(s):  J. Sjoberg, M. Westerlund, A. Lakaniemi, Q. Xie
        Status:	    Standards Track
	Date:       June 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 110652
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-amr-13.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3267.txt

This document specifies a real-time transport protocol (RTP)
payload format to be used for Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) and
Adaptive Multi-Rate Wideband (AMR-WB) encoded speech
signals.  The payload format is designed to be able to interoperate
with existing AMR and AMR-WB transport formats on non-IP
networks.  In addition, a file format is specified for transport of
AMR and AMR-WB speech data in storage mode applications such as
email.  Two separate MIME type registrations are included, one for
AMR and one for AMR-WB, specifying use of both the RTP payload
format and the storage format.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.