Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-madisetti-argyriou-qos-sctp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:08:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Transport Layer Technology for Improving QoS of 
                          Networked Multimedia Applications
	Author(s)	: V. Madisetti, A. Argyriou
	Filename	: draft-madisetti-argyriou-qos-sctp-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 25-Jul-02
	
Voice & Video over Internet have strict QoS requirements. Generally, low
jitter, low delay and high bandwidth are the critical requirements for 
this class of applications. However, achieving this goal is difficult, 
more so in a wireless/internet environment, where the both networking & 
communication channel conditions are dynamically changing over time. In 
this document, we propose a novel transport layer protocol that attempts 
to provide better QoS for multimedia applications. The purpose of the 
proposed technology is to act additively to existing QoS solutions at the lower protocol layers through enhancements to the SCTP protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-madisetti-argyriou-qos-sctp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-madisetti-argyriou-qos-sctp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-madisetti-argyriou-qos-sctp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.