Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-auto-encap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:08:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IS-IS Automatic Encapsulation
	Author(s)	: P. Christian
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-auto-encap-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 25-Jul-02
	
RFC 1195 [1] documents a dual routing protocol that can be used to 
route both CLNP and IPv4, that is Integrated IS-IS.   Integrated IS-
IS can now also be used to route IPv6 [12]. 
RFC 1195 [1] places certain topological restrictions on networks 
that are routed using Integrated IS-IS, specifically that every 
Intermediate System in a level-1 area must be able to forward all 
network layer protocols that are present in that area, and that 
every level-2 Intermediate System must be able to forward all 
network layer protocols present in the routing domain. 
The mechanism described in this document enables an Intermediate 
System or a group of Intermediate Systems that do not support a 
particular network layer protocol to be used in a level-1 area or 
level-2 subdomain where that network layer protocol is present. 
Specifically the mechanism provides automatic encapsulation and 
unencapsulation so that a packet or PDU may pass through an 
Intermediate System that would not normally be able to forward that
type of packet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-auto-encap-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-auto-encap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-auto-encap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.