Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 06:27:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Link Management Protocol (LMP)
	Author(s)	: J. Lang
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-04.txt
	Pages		: 65
	Date		: 02-Jul-02
	
Optical networks are being developed to include photonic switches, 
optical crossconnects, and routers that are configured with control 
channels and data links. Furthermore, multiple data links may be 
combined to form a single traffic engineering (TE) link for routing 
purposes. This draft specifies a link management protocol (LMP) that 
runs between neighboring nodes and is used to manage TE links. 
Specifically, LMP will be used to maintain control channel 
connectivity, verify the physical connectivity of the data-bearing 
channels, correlate the link property information, suppress 
downstream alarms, and localize link failures for 
protection/restoration purposes in both opaque and transparent 
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.