Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-han-mobileip-rolmmv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 06:29:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Route Optimization Support for Localized Mobility 
                          Management Based on IPv6
	Author(s)	: Y. Han et al.
	Filename	: draft-han-mobileip-rolmmv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 02-Jul-02
	
Using localized mobility management based on IPv6, all packets
destined to a mobile node are routed through the local mobility
agent in the mobile node's local mobility domain, which then
tunnels the packets to the mobile node's current location. Such
packet routing mechanism is similar to the triangle routing in
Mobile IPv4, which may leave the local mobility agent overloaded
and take a longer route thus increasing the network traffic in the
local mobility domain. This document specifies a route optimization
scheme for localized mobility management based on IPv6 with the
help of L2 trigger. Using this, correspondent nodes can cache LCoA
of a mobile node if it is actively communicating with the mobile
node, and then send their packets for the mobile node directly to
the LCoA, bypassing the local mobility agent. This route
optimization scheme will result in more efficient localized
mobility management. It alleviates the local mobility agent's loads
and takes the nearly same handoff delay time as the one in
localized mobility management based on IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-han-mobileip-rolmmv6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-han-mobileip-rolmmv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-han-mobileip-rolmmv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.