Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-satish-mobileip-inter-technology-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:06:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IP considerations for Inter-technology 
                          handovers
	Author(s)	: S. Jamadagni, D. Satish
	Filename	: draft-satish-mobileip-inter-technology-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 22-Jul-02
	
Multi mode terminals are becoming pervasive. In a multi mode 
environment, Mobile Terminals (MTs) move from the coverage of one radio 
access network to another. There is a need to maintain ongoing network 
sessions to support seamless services. For example, a MT may roam 
between a 3G cellular network and a wireless LAN seamlessly with 
session continuity. It is possible for a single service provider to 
support multiple modes but it is expected that different modes will be 
supported by different service providers. For example WLAN support can 
be enterprise supported where as 3G services are supported by a wide 
area service provider. In this draft we discuss handover support 
between multiple domains (modes) where a MT can use different IP 
addresses or can use a global IP address. Handover between different 
modes will then require greater federation capabilities between the 
different IP domains. 

In this draft we discuss Home Agent federation capabilities over Mobile 
IP so that inter-technology, inter-domain handovers are better 
supported.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-satish-mobileip-inter-technology-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-satish-mobileip-inter-technology-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-satish-mobileip-inter-technology-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.