Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-zone-ierp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 12:10:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Interzone Routing Protocol (IERP) for Ad Hoc 
                          Networks
	Author(s)	: Z. Haas, M. Pearlman, P. Samar
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-zone-ierp-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 05-Jul-02
	
This document describes the Interzone Routing Protocol (IERP), the
reactive routing component of the Zone Routing Protocol (ZRP).  
IERP adapts existing reactive routing protocol implementations to
take advantage of the known topology of each node's surrounding 
R-hop neighborhood (routing zone), provided by the Intrazone 
Routing Protocol (IARP).  The availability of routing zone routes 
allows IERP to suppress route queries for local destinations.  
When a global route discovery is required, the routing zone based 
bordercast service can be used to efficiently guide route queries 
outward, rather than blindly relaying queries from neighbor to
neighbor.   Once a route has been discovered, IERP can use routing
zones to automatically redirect data around failed links.  
Similarly, suboptimal route segments can be identified and traffic
re-routed along shorter paths.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-zone-ierp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-zone-ierp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-zone-ierp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.