Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kempf-ipng-netaccess-threats-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 06:37:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Threat Analysis for IPv6 Public Multi-Access Links
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, E. Nordmark
	Filename	: draft-kempf-ipng-netaccess-threats-02.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 28-Jun-02
	
The Mobile IP Working Group has been conducting a threat analysis 
for the purpose of securing specific Mobile IPv6 mechanisms. In the 
process of conducting the analysis, threats were identified that are 
not specific to Mobile IP but that are amplified by the nature of 
mobility. These threats are likely to be more or less of an issue 
within any Public Multi-Access network, regardless of whether 
mobility is involved. This document discusses threats associated 
with Public Multi-Access links in IPv6. The document covers non-
Mobile IP specific threats uncovered by the Mobile IPv6 study, 
threats raised in the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery and Stateless Address 
Autoconfiguration RFCs that have yet to be adequately addressed, and 
new threats that have not previously been identified.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-ipng-netaccess-threats-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kempf-ipng-netaccess-threats-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kempf-ipng-netaccess-threats-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.