Subject: 54th IETF Meeting - Telephone Number Mapping WG (enum)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:11:12 -0400

Telephone Number Mapping WG (enum)

Monday, July 15 at 1300-1500
=============================

CHAIRS: Patrik Faltstrom <[email-masked]>
        Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion:[email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked]
In Body: subscribe
Archive: ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/enum/

AGENDA BASHING (5 min)

Scribe Introduction \005 Jay Hilton

1.  RFC2916bis -01 REV - Faltstrom/Mealing  (45 Min)

The goal here should be to give the document authors definitive direction on the draft so
that it can begin to move forward with all deliberate speed.  The 01 revision is in the ho
pper so we should see it shortly.

###############

2. The ENUMSERVICE's documents  45 Min [Stastny/Conroy/Brandner]

It should be clear from the list that these documents have generated the most discussion a
nd I want the meeting in Yokohama to come to some reasonable consensus on the next steps f
or these documents.

I think there  we are close to agreement on several points but we have several proposals o
n what is the proper ABNF syntax to use and the exact terms and definitions to be used in
describing the data elements.

For instance it is still disagreement on URI scheme vs a more expanded 'protocol' element
for the mandatory portion of the enumservice field.

Presenters should be prepared to precisely define their proposals and the rationale for th
em.

Scenarios for ENUM and ENUM-like Systems

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stastny-enum-scenarios-00.txt

Analysis of the Usage of ENUM and ENUM Services

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stastny-enum-services-analysis-00.txt

Categorical enumservices

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandner-enum-categorical-enumservices-00.txt

################

3. The 'enum' URI  10 M

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandner-enum-uri-00.txt

OPTIONAL IF  there is any time left

The tel URI...

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brandner-tel-svc-00.txt