Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manyfolks-l2-mobilereq-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 06:29:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Supporting Optimized Handover for IP Mobility 
                          -Requirements for Underlying Systems
	Author(s)	: A. Yegin et al.
	Filename	: draft-manyfolks-l2-mobilereq-02.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 02-Jul-02
	
A critical factor in achieving good performance for IP mobility 
protocols is the design of L2 handover. Handover occurs when a 
Mobile Node moves from one radio Access Point to another. If the new 
radio Access Point is associated with a new subnet, a change in 
routing reachability may occur and require L3 protocol action on the 
part of the Mobile Node or Access Routers. If no change in subnet 
occurs, the Access Point may still need to take some action to 
inform the Access Router about a change in on-link reachability. In 
either case, prompt and timely information from L2 to the parties 
involved about the sequencing of handover can help optimize handover 
at the IP level. This draft discusses requirements for an L2 
handover protocol or API to support optimized handover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manyfolks-l2-mobilereq-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-manyfolks-l2-mobilereq-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-manyfolks-l2-mobilereq-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.