Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-knight-ppvpn-ipsec-dynroute-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 06:28:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Method to Provide Dynamic Routing in IPsec VPNs
	Author(s)	: P. Knight, B. Gleeson
	Filename	: draft-knight-ppvpn-ipsec-dynroute-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 02-Jul-02
	
Exchange of routing information between IPsec security gateways, 
using standard routing protocols across IPsec tunnels, can be a 
straightforward operation. Using the routing information to choose 
the proper path is also straightforward, when routing is 
functionally separated from the IPsec gateway operation. One of the 
most significant obstacles to widespread implementation of dynamic 
routing in IPsec VPNs has been agreement on a way to exchange and 
use the routing information. This document describes a simple and 
secure method of exchanging dynamic routing information between 
IPsec security gateways, using standard IPsec messages. This method 
is currently in use in a large number of installations, and has been 
demonstrated to be interoperable across several IPsec 
implementations from different vendors.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-knight-ppvpn-ipsec-dynroute-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-knight-ppvpn-ipsec-dynroute-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-knight-ppvpn-ipsec-dynroute-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.