Subject: 54th IETF Meeting - Jabber Protocol BOF (jabber)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:22:50 -0400

Jabber Protocol BOF (jabber)

Monday, July 15 at 1930-2200
==============================

CHAIR:  Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:

    General Discussion: [email-masked]
    To Subscribe:       [email-masked]
    In Body:            subscribe
    Archive:            http://www.jabber.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jabber-ietf

Description of the BOF:

Jabber XMPP is an open, XML-based protocol for near real-time extensible
messaging and presence. It is currently deployed on thousands of servers
across the Internet and is used by millions of people worldwide. The
Jabber Software Foundation has prepared three internet drafts
(draft-miller-xmpp-*-00) that describe the current protocol used by the
Jabber community, and its relationship with the IETF's view of Instant
Messaging and Presence. This BOF shall determine whether the XMPP can be
adopted for use as an IETF Instant Messaging and Presence technology.

Agenda:

    - Introductions, 5 mins

    - Presentations
          - An introduction to the XMPP, 20 mins
          - Deploying XMPP in an ISP, 20 mins
          - Deploying XMPP a telco, 20 mins
          - The XMPP, IMPP/CPIM and the IETF, 20 mins

    - Discussion, 20 mins

    - Actions, 10 mins

Internet-Drafts:

    XMPP Core, draft-miller-xmpp-core-00
    XMPP Instant Messaging, draft-miller-xmpp-im-00
    XMPP CPIM Mapping, draft-miller-xmpp-cpim-00

Request For Comments:

    None