Subject: Terminal Room and Wireless network serives at 54th IETF in Yokohama

From: Kazu Yamamoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 08:24:09 -0400

This document contains information regarding terminal rooms and
wireless network services provided at IETF54. It also gives you
information on sightseeing in Yokohama.

Terminal rooms:

	IETF54 provides two terminal rooms. One is on the 3rd floor of
	Pacifico Yokohama, the venue of IETF54. The other is in the
	Inter-Continental Hotel adjacent to Pacifico and connected via
	passageways. The Pacifico terminal room has wireless and wired
	network connectivity. AC outlets for your laptop are also
	available there. The Inter-Continental terminal room is
	equipped with laptop computers and printers for the attendees'
	use.  Both terminal rooms are available from Sunday noon until
	Friday noon.	- Wireless network

	Services available in each terminal root are shown below.

	Pacifico Yokohama 3F (open 7:00a.m. - 9:00p.m.):
		- Wireless network
		- Wired network
		- AC outlets

	Inter-Continental (open 24 hours):
		- Wireless network
		- Wired network
		- AC outlets
		- Public terminals(laptop computers)
		- Printers
		- Help desk

	Note: Yokohama area uses 100V AC, 50Hz. Devices that take 110V
	AC will work just fine without trouble The shape of power
	outlets is just like those used in the United States except
	not having the 3rd prong.

Help desk:

	Help desk is located at the Inter-Continental terminal room
	and open 24 hours a day from Sunday noon to Friday noon.

Network:

	IPv4 addresses can be obtained by DHCP on the wired and
	wireless LAN's provided at IETF54.

	IPv6 connectivity is also provided on those LAN's. It has two
	different sTLA's connected. You are supposed to set up IPv6
	connectivity by stateless address auto-configuration
	(RFC2462).

	The range of network addresses used at IETF54 is as follows.

	- Terminal Room (wired)
		133.93.0.0/19
		2001:0218:1e1f:0000::/64
		2001:0240:1e1f:0000::/64
	
	- Wireless
		133.93.64.0/19
		2001:0218:1e1f:0040::/64
		2001:0240:1e1f:0040::/64

	If you need static IPv4 addresses, please inform us by July
	7th via e-mail at [email-masked]. Your request
	should contain the following information.

		- Your Name
		- Your E-mail address
		- Number of IPv4 address needed
		- Segment type (wireless or wired, or both)

	Static IPv4 addresses are also available from the help desk
	during IETF54.

	802.11b wireless access is available everywhere in Pacifico
	and the Intern-Continental Hotel lobby.  ESS ID for 802.11b
	is:

		IETF

	The range of wireless channels is from 1 to 11. Wireless
	service is available from Sunday morning till Friday noon.

DNS:

	IETF54 network provides dynamic update DNS capability on
	experimental basis with IPv4 addresses obtained by DHCP. If
	your laptop has an FQDN, then the FQDN is registered in the
	inverse zone of IETF54. If your laptop has a non FQDN host
	name, it's registered in both the regular and inverse zones.

Printers:

	Printers are installed in the Inter-Continental terminal
	room. Only A4 size paper (slightly longer and narrower than
	letter size) are available.  IPv6 lpr service is provided on
	experimental basis.

	If you would like to output on transparencies, please consult
	the help desk. The printers provided at terminal room are as
	follows:
Public Terminals:

	There are a total of 40 laptop computers for attendees' use in
	the Inter-Continental terminal room. 30 out of 40 are running
	Windows XP and have SSH1client and X Window server
	installed. The other 10 are running Linux and have SSH client
	and X Window server installed.

Narita Airport:

	Narita Airport is providing an 801.11b winless LAN service on
	an experimental basis for free through the last day of
	July. And of course, both IPv4 and IPv6 are available. You can
	use the service at arrival and departure lobbies of all
	passenger terminals. For more information please visit the
	following URL and click the link titled "Wireless LAN" in the
	lower left corner of the page.

		http://www.narita-airport.or.jp/airport_e/

Narita Express:

	Narita Express (NEX) is an express train service connecting
	Narita Airport and the greater Tokyo metropolitan area
	including Yokohama. It's a comfy and reliable way to get to
	Yokohama and back. Just like Narita Airport, NEX is also
	providing an 801.11b winless LAN service on an experimental
	basis for free through the last day of July. Both IPv4 and
	IPv6 are available.

	It takes about an hour and a half to get from Narita to
	Yokohama by NEX and costs 4,180 yen (US$30) one way. NEX is a
	good option if your accommodations are not far from a railway
	station where NEX stops. (The IETF site is near a NEX station,
	JR Yokohama Station)

	For train schedule and other basic information, please visit
	the train operator's web site at:

		http://www.jreast.co.jp/nex/

	You can find information on the wireless LAN connectivity at:

		http://www.nex.v6pc.jp/en/
Sightseeing:

	- Minato Mirai 21
		The Minato Mirai 21 area, in which IETF54 is held, is
		rapidly gaining momentum as the new heart of Yokohama
		City. Located on the waterfront, the area houses four
		hotels, 3 major shopping complexes, the Yokohama
		Museum of Art, Yokohama Maritime Museum, and dozens of
		dining facilities all within walking distance.

 	- Yokohama Chinatown
		As Japan's largest trading port, Yokohama has
 		historically had a strong international flavour. This
 		is evident in its famous Chinatown district
 		 - Japan's largest. 
 
Web pages for further information:

	http://www.wide.ad.jp/ietf54/

// Sponsor: FUJITSU LIMITED
// Host: WIDE Project

Kazu Yamamoto, WIDE Project