Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 06:32:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Explicit Multicast (Xcast) Basic Specification
	Author(s)	: R. Boivie et al.
	Filename	: draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-03.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 01-Jul-02
	
Multicast has become increasingly important with the emergence of
network-based applications such as IP telephony and video
conferencing. The Internet community has done a significant amount of
work on IP multicast over the last decade [1075, 2201, 2236, DEER,
DEE2, FARI, HOLB, MBONE, PERL].
However, while today's multicast schemes are scalable in the sense
that they can support very large multicast groups, there are
scalability issues when a network needs to support a very large
number of distinct multicast groups.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.