Subject: 54th IETF Meeting - Instant Messaging and Presence Protocol WG (impp)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:16:06 -0400

Instant Messaging and Presence Protocol WG (impp)

Thursday, July 18 at 1300-1500
===============================

CHAIR:  Mark Day <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. Notetaker identification and agenda bashing

2. PIDF

3. CPIM

4. Authenticated notifications and subscriptions

Details and references:

* PIDF

The current version is
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-cpim-pidf-05.txt

H. Sugano will briefly cover changes made since the last meeting. This
version is expected to enter WG last call soon, quite possibly before the
meeting.

* CPIM

The current version is available at
<http://www.brandenburg.com/specifications/draft-ietf-impp-cpim-02.txt>
(the I-D has expired but will be resubmitted when that is possible).

A recent summary of proposed changes is
http://impp.fujitsulabs.com/ml-archive/IMPP-WG/200206/msg00012.html

As a basis for discussion, we propose that the editor should apply items 1-5
of the above list to CPIM-02 ASAP, and then immediately move the document to
WG last call.

* Authenticated notifications and subscriptions

We will consider whether formats for authenticated notifications and
subscriptions are within the WG's charter.  If they are, we will consider
whether we can arrange our work so that these new items do not delay our
nearly-completed work. If they are not, we will consider whether we need to
modify any of our existing work to ensure that some other group can take
them up in the future.

One such proposed format is available at
http://simp.mitre.org/drafts/sdf.txt