Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cdi-request-routing-reqs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 06:29:51 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Content Distribution Internetworking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Request-Routing Requirements for Content 
                          Internetworking
	Author(s)	: B. Cain et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cdi-request-routing-reqs-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 01-Jul-02
	
Request-routing systems (RRS) are components of Content Distribution
Networks (CDNs) that direct client requests to an available copy of
content based on one or more metrics.  To enable the interconnection of
CDNs [MODEL][ARCH], it is necessary for their request-routing systems to
interconnect and exchange information such that client requests can be
routed between CDNs.  This is called request-routing internetworking.
This document specifies the requirements for request-routing
internetworking.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cdi-request-routing-reqs-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cdi-request-routing-reqs-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cdi-request-routing-reqs-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.