Subject: RFC 3347 on Small Computer Systems Interface protocol over the Internet (iSCSI) Requirements and Design Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:25:52 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3347

        Title:	    Small Computer Systems Interface protocol over the
                    Internet (iSCSI) Requirements and Design
                    Considerations 
        Author(s):  M. Krueger, R. Haagens
        Status:	    Informational
	Date:       July 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 58097
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-reqmts-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3347.txt

This document specifies the requirements iSCSI and its related
infrastructure should satisfy and the design considerations guiding
the iSCSI protocol development efforts.  In the interest of timely
adoption of the iSCSI protocol, the IPS group has chosen to focus
the first version of the protocol to work with the existing SCSI
architecture and commands, and the existing TCP/IP transport layer.
Both these protocols are widely-deployed and well-understood.  The
thought is that using these mature protocols will entail a minimum
of new invention, the most rapid possible adoption, and the greatest
compatibility with Internet architecture, protocols, and equipment.

This document is a product of the IP Storage Working Group of the
IETF. 

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.