Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-vpoxc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 06:33:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: VPOXC Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Optical 
                          Cross-Connect Service
	Author(s)	: H. Ould-Brahim
	Filename	: draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-vpoxc-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 01-Jul-02
	
This document describes an Optical Virtual Private Network 
service (OVPN) called Virtual Private Optical Cross-Connect 
(VPOXC). A VPOXC is a provider provisioned VPN service part of 
the customer private network but administered and under the 
control of the service provider. A VPOXC operates similarly to a 
physical optical cross-connect except that it allows a wide 
spectrum of port topology such as hub and spoke, full mesh, and 
arbitrary topologies. To the VPOXC customer, the service 
provider network appears as a virtual private optical cross-
connect where customer sites are attached to. The VPOXC port 
topology is defined by the customer, and enforced by the service 
provider. Customers can signal any optical connectivity 
according to the port topology implemented by the VPOXC. Client 
devices operate within the VPOXC space independently from the 
service provider network operations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-vpoxc-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-vpoxc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-vpoxc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.