Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-zone-brp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 12:10:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Bordercast Resolution Protocol (BRP) for Ad Hoc 
                          Networks
	Author(s)	: Z. Haas, M. Pearlman, P. Samar
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-zone-brp-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 05-Jul-02
	
The Bordercast Resolution Protocol (BRP) provides the bordercasting
packet delivery service used to support network querying applications.
The BRP uses a map of an extended routing zone, provided by the local 
proactive Intrazone Routing Protocol (IARP), to construct bordercast
(multicast) trees, along which query packets are directed. Within the
context of the hybrid ZRP, the BRP is used to guide the route requests
of the global reactive Interzone Routing Protocol (IERP).  The BRP
employs special query control mechanisms to steer route requests away
from areas of the network that have already been covered by the query.
The combination of multicasting and zone based query control makes
bordercasting an efficient and tunable service that is more suitable
than flood searching for network probing applications like route 
discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-zone-brp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-zone-brp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-zone-brp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.