Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shapira-snap-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 06:33:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simple Notification and Alarm Protocol (SNAP)
	Author(s)	: N. Shapira 
	Filename	: draft-shapira-snap-04.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 01-Jul-02
	
This memo suggests a protocol for messaging notification in
which a messaging system (e.g. email server, voice mail system, 
etc.) notifies a notification service, and through it the user,
that changes have occurred in a user's mailbox (new message
arrived, mailbox is full, etc.). The protocol aims to provide the
end-user with unified notification of events occurring on different
messaging systems.
A mailing list has been established to discuss this draft and
promote the issue of Notification to RFC. To subscribe, send
email with 'subscribe snap' to [email-masked]
or using web at http://www.neystadt.org/cgi-bin/majordomo.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shapira-snap-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shapira-snap-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shapira-snap-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.