Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-elmalki-mobileip-bicasting-v6-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 06:33:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simultaneous Bindings for Mobile IPv6 Fast Handoffs
	Author(s)	: K. Malki, H. Soliman
	Filename	: draft-elmalki-mobileip-bicasting-v6-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 01-Jul-02
	
Fast Handover for Mobile IPv6 [1] and Bidirectional Edge Tunnel
Handover [2] describe protocols to minimise the amount of service
disruption when performing layer-3 handoffs. This draft extends the
Fast Handover protocol with a simultaneous bindings function and the
BETH capabilities with a bicasting function to minimise packet loss
at the MN. Traffic for the MN is therefore bicast or n-cast for a
short period to its current location and to one or more locations
where the MN is expected to move to shortly. This removes the timing
ambiguity regarding when to start sending traffic for the MN to its
new point of attachment followng a Fast Handover and allows the
decoupling of layer-2 and layer-3 handoffs. It also saves the MN
periods of service disruption in the case of ping-pong movement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-mobileip-bicasting-v6-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-elmalki-mobileip-bicasting-v6-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-mobileip-bicasting-v6-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.