Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-smrg-ipsmf-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:06:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Considerations from the Service Management Research 
                          Group (SMRG) on QoS in the IP Network
	Author(s)	: M. Eder, H. Chaskar, S. Nag
	Filename	: draft-irtf-smrg-ipsmf-03.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 22-Jul-02
	
The guiding principles in the design of IP network management were 
simplicity and no centralized control.  The best effort service 
paradigm was a result of the original management principles and the 
other way around.  New methods to distinguish the service given to 
one set of packets or flows relative to another are well underway. 
However, as IP networks evolve the management approach of the past 
may not apply to the QoS-capable network envisioned by some for the 
future.  We examine some of the areas of impact that QoS is likely 
to have on management and look at some questions that remain to be 
addressed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-smrg-ipsmf-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-smrg-ipsmf-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-smrg-ipsmf-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.