Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:43:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv4 Address Conflict Detection
	Author(s)	: S. Cheshire
	Filename	: draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2002-8-28
	
When two hosts on the same link attempt to use the same IPv4 address
at the same time (except in rare special cases where this has been
arranged by prior coordination) problems ensue for one or both hosts.
This document describes (i) a simple precaution that a host can take
in advance to help prevent this misconfiguration from happening, and
(ii) if this misconfiguration does occur, a simple mechanism by which
a host can passively detect after-the-fact that it has happened, so
that the host may respond to rectify the problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.