Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-ipnrg-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:55:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Delay-Tolerant Network Architecture: The Evolving 
                          Interplanetary Internet
	Author(s)	: V. Cerf et al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-ipnrg-arch-01.txt
	Pages		: 58
	Date		: 2002-8-27
	
This document describes an architecture for delay-tolerant networks,
and is a generalization of the architecture designed for the
Interplanetary Internet: a communication system to provide Internet-
like services across interplanetary distances in support of deep
space exploration.  This generalization addresses networks whose
operational characteristics make conventional networking approaches
become either unworkable or impractical.  We define a message-based
overlay that exists above the transport layer of the networks on
which it is hosted.  The draft presents an architectural overview
followed by discussions of services, topology, routing, security,
reliability and state management.  It concludes with a discussion of
end-to-end information exchange, including an example.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-ipnrg-arch-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-ipnrg-arch-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-ipnrg-arch-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.