Subject: RFC 3356 on Internet Engineering Task Force and International Telecommunication Union - Telecommunications Standardization Sector Collaboration Guidelines

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:52:17 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3356

        Title:	    Internet Engineering Task Force and International
                    Telecommunication Union - Telecommunications
                    Standardization Sector Collaboration Guidelines
        Author(s):  G. Fishman, S. Bradner
        Status:	    Informational
	Date:       August 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27068
        Obsoletes:  2436

        I-D Tag:    draft-fishman-2436bis-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3356.txt

This document provides guidance to aid in the understanding of
collaboration on standards development between the International
Telecommunication Union -- Telecommunication Standardization Sector
(ITU-T) and the Internet Society (ISOC) / Internet Engineering Task
Force (IETF).  It is an update of and obsoletes RFC 2436.  The
updates reflect changes in the IETF and ITU-T since RFC 2436 was
written.  The bulk of this document is common text with ITU-T
Supplement 3 to the ITU-T A-Series Recommendations.

Note:  This was approved by ITU-T TSAG on 30 November 2001 as a
Supplement to the ITU-T A-Series of Recommendations (will be numbered
as A-Series Supplement 3).

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.