Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-aaaarch-pol-acct-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:46:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Policy-based Accounting
	Author(s)	: T. Zseby, S. Zander, G. Carle
	Filename	: draft-irtf-aaaarch-pol-acct-05.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 15-Aug-02
	
This document describes policy-based accounting which is an approach
to provide flexibility to accounting architectures. Accounting
policies describe the configuration of an accounting architecture in
a standardized way. They are used to instrument the accounting
architecture and can be exchanged between AAA entities in order to
share configuration information.
This document describes building blocks and message sequences for
policy-based accounting in the generic AAA architecture [RFC2903].
Examples are given for the usage of accounting policies in different
scenarios. Furthermore it is shown how accounting components can be
integrated into the AAA authorization framework [RFC2904]. This
document  does not propose a language for the description of
accounting policies. It is rather assumed that a suitable policy
language can be chosen from existing or upcoming standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-aaaarch-pol-acct-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-aaaarch-pol-acct-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-aaaarch-pol-acct-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.