Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chunzhe-idr-protection-md5-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:55:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP Sessions Protection via MD5 Authentication
	Author(s)	: H. Chunzhe et al.
	Filename	: draft-chunzhe-idr-protection-md5-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2002-8-27
	
This draft describes a BGP Extension to protect the route 
information on the basis of authentication on the BGP message 
between BGP speakers,In this mechanism,an addtional Capabilty 
option(Authentication Code) and random number used for 
authentication are added to OPEN message,and the Authentication 
Capability is negotiated between BGP speakers,when they pass the 
negotiation and setup the Established relationship, all the 
successive message will be authenticated using MD5 algorithm,with 
the Marker field in the BGP message substituted with the MD5 digest 
of the combination including message body.This mechanism can guard 
against that the BGP message be intercepted and tampered by the 
attacker.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chunzhe-idr-protection-md5-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chunzhe-idr-protection-md5-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chunzhe-idr-protection-md5-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.