Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-req-history-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 07:49:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SIP Generic Request History Capability û Requirements
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-req-history-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2002-8-29
	
Many services that SIP is anticipated to support require the ability 
 to determine why and how the call arrived at a specific application.  
 Examples of such services include (but are not limited to) sessions 
 initiated to call centers via 'click to talk' SIP URLs on a web page, 
 'call history/logging' style services within intelligent 'call 
 management' software for SIP UAs and calls to voicemail servers and 
 call centers.  While SIP implicitly provides the redirect/retarget 
 capabilities that enable calls to be routed to chosen applications, 
 there is currently no standard mechanism within SIP for communicating 
 the history of such a request. This 'request history' information 
 allows the receiving application to determine hints about how and why 
 the call arrived at the application/user.     
  
 This draft discusses the motivations in support of a mechanism for 
 recording the 'request history', and proposes detailed requirements 
 for such a generic 'request history' capability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-req-history-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-req-history-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-req-history-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.