Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-default-addr-select-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:59:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Default Address Selection for IPv6
	Author(s)	: R. Draves
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-default-addr-select-09.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 07-Aug-02
	
This document describes two algorithms, for source address selection 
and for destination address selection. The algorithms specify 
default behavior for all IPv6 implementations. They do not override 
choices made by applications or upper-layer protocols, nor do they 
preclude the development of more advanced mechanisms for address 
selection. The two algorithms share a common context, including an 
optional mechanism for allowing administrators to provide policy 
that can override the default behavior. In dual stack 
implementations, the destination address selection algorithm can 
consider both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses - depending on the available 
source addresses, the algorithm might prefer IPv6 addresses over 
IPv4 addresses, or vice-versa. 
All IPv6 nodes, including both hosts and routers, must implement 
default address selection as defined in this specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-default-addr-select-09.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-default-addr-select-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-default-addr-select-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.