Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-montavont-mobileip-mmi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 11:51:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MIPv6 for Multiple Interfaces
	Author(s)	: N. Montavont, T. Noel, M. Kassi-Lahlou
	Filename	: draft-montavont-mobileip-mmi-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 24-Jul-02
	
MIPv6 [MIPv6] allows a MN to maintain its IPv6 communications
while moving between subnets. This document presents the
problematic for a MN of having multiple network interfaces. It
discusses how to perform vertical handovers (flow redirection
between interfaces) and propose MMI (MIPv6 for Multiple
Interfaces) which describes the use of MIPv6 to support multiple
interfaces. These extensions focus on the MN ability to use a
backup interface for communications and to redirect flows between
its own interfaces.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-montavont-mobileip-mmi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-montavont-mobileip-mmi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-montavont-mobileip-mmi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.