Subject: RFC 3305 on Report from the Joint W3C/IETF URI Planning Interest Group: Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs), URLs, and Uniform Resource Names (URNs): Clarifications and Recommendations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:51:06 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3305

        Title:	    Report from the Joint W3C/IETF URI Planning
                    Interest Group: Uniform Resource Identifiers
                    (URIs), URLs, and Uniform Resource Names (URNs):
                    Clarifications and Recommendations 
        Author(s):  M. Mealling, Ed., R. Denenberg, Ed.
        Status:	    Informational
	Date:       August 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21793
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mealling-uri-ig-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3305.txt

This document, a product of the W3C Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
Interest Group, addresses and attempts to clarify issues pertaining to
URIs.  This document addresses how URI space is partitioned and the
relationship between URIs, URLs, and URNs, describes how URI schemes
and URN namespaces ids are registered, and presents recommendations
for continued work on this subject.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.