Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bush-inline-predictive-mgt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 08:06:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: In-Line Network Management Prediction
	Author(s)	: S. Bush, A. Kulkarni, N. Smith
	Filename	: draft-bush-inline-predictive-mgt-00.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 01-Aug-02
	
In-line network management prediction exploits fine-grained models of
network components, injected into the communication network, to
enhance network performance.  Accurate and fast prediction of local
network state enables more intelligent network control resulting in
greater performance and fault tolerance.  Accurate and fast
prediction requires algorithmic capability.  Active and Programmable
Networking have enabled algorithmic information to be dynamically
injected into the network allowing enhanced capability and
flexibility.  One of the new capabilities is enhanced network
management via in-line management code, that is, management
algorithms embedded within intermediate network devices.  In-line
network management prediction utilizes low-level algorithmic
transport capability to implement low-overhead predictive management.
A secondary purpose of this document is to provide general
interoperability information for the injection of general purpose
algorithmic information into network devices.  This document may help
in some manner to serve as a temporary bridge between Internet
Protocol and Active  and Programmable Network  applications.  This
may stimulate some thought as to the content and format of
'standards' information potentially required for Active Networking.
Management of the Internet Protocol and Active and Programmable
Networking is vital.  In particular, coexistence and interoperability
of active networking  and Internet Protocol management is specified
in order to implement the injection of algorithmic information into a
network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bush-inline-predictive-mgt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bush-inline-predictive-mgt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bush-inline-predictive-mgt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.