Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ptomaine-bgp-redistribution-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:16:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Prefix Taxonomy Ongoing Measurement & Inter Network Experiment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Controlling the redistribution of BGP routes
	Author(s)	: O. Bonaventure et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ptomaine-bgp-redistribution-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2002-8-26
	
This document proposes the redistribution extended community.  This
new extended community allows a router to influence how a specific
route should be redistributed towards a specified set of eBGP
speakers. Several types of redistribution communities are proposed.
The first type may be used to indicate that a specific route should
not be announced to the specified set of eBGP speakers. The second
type may be used to indicate that the attached route should only be
announced with the NO_EXPORT community to the specified set of eBGP
speakers and the third type may be used to indicate that the attached
route should be prepended n times when announced to the specified set
of eBGP speakers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ptomaine-bgp-redistribution-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ptomaine-bgp-redistribution-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ptomaine-bgp-redistribution-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.