Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pwe3-sonet-vt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 11:09:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: TDM Service Specification for Pseudo-Wire Emulation 
                          Edge to Edge (PWE3)
	Author(s)	: P. Pate et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pwe3-sonet-vt-00.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 07-Aug-02
	
This document describes the service-specific implementation and
requirements for Pseudo-Wire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3) of TDM
circuits using SONET/SDH payload formats over packet networks using
IP or MPLS. This draft extends SONET/SDH SPE emulation proposal
[CEP-SPE], providing SONET VT1.5/2/3/6 and SDH VC-11/12/2 circuit
emulation. This draft also provides bandwidth saving modes for
SONET STS-1 and SDH VC-3/4 carrying tributaries or asynchronous
T3/E3 signals. This proposal is optimized for VT level cross
connect applications, for PDH to SONET/SDH emulation and for
carrying PDH circuits across a PSN. The applicability statement for
TDM circuit emulation (PDH and SONET/SDH) is described in [TDM-
APP].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-sonet-vt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pwe3-sonet-vt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-sonet-vt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.