Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ppvpn-ipsec-2547-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:27:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Use of PE-PE IPsec in RFC2547 VPNs
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ppvpn-ipsec-2547-02.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 13-Aug-02
	
[RFC2547bis] specifies a particular way of implementing Layer 3 VPNs.
It presupposes the use of MPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) for
carrying VPN traffic between Provider Edge (PE) routers, and
specifies the use of two labels in the MPLS label stack.  In some
circumstances, it is desirable to support the same type of VPN
architecture, using an IPsec Security Association in place of an MPLS
LSP, thus replacing the topmost of the two MPLS labels with an
IP/IPsec header.  This enables the VPN packets to be carried securely
over non-MPLS networks, using standard IPsec authentication and/or
encryption functions to protect them.  This draft specifies the
procedures which are specific to support of RFC2547bis VPNs using the
IPsec encapsulation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppvpn-ipsec-2547-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ppvpn-ipsec-2547-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppvpn-ipsec-2547-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.