Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-call-flows-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 08:06:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Initiation Protocol Call Flow Examples
	Author(s)	: A. Johnston et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-call-flows-01.txt
	Pages		: 218
	Date		: 01-Aug-02
	
This informational document gives examples of Session Initiation 
Protocol (SIP) call flows.  Elements in these call flows include SIP 
User Agents and Clients, SIP Proxy and Redirect Servers, and Gateways 
to the PSTN (Public Switch Telephone Network).  Scenarios include SIP 
Registration, SIP to SIP calling, SIP to Gateway, Gateway to SIP, and 
Gateway to Gateway via SIP.  Call flow diagrams and message details 
are shown.  PSTN telephony protocols are illustrated using ISDN 
(Integrated Services Digital Network), ANSI ISUP (ISDN User Part), 
and FGB (Feature Group B) circuit associated signaling.  PSTN calls 
are illustrated using global telephone numbers from the PSTN and 
private extensions served on by a PBX (Private Branch Exchange).  
Example SIP messages used for testing during SIP interoperability 
test events include SIP 'torture test' messages, and messages with 
invalid parameters, methods, and tags.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-call-flows-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-call-flows-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-call-flows-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.