Subject: Document Action: RFC Editor Guidelines on Author Lists to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:07:14 -0400

The IESG has reviewed the results of the IETF Last-Call for 'RFC Editor
Guidelines on Author Lists'  <draft-rfc-editor-author-lists-00.txt> and
discussed the topic within the IESG and supports the RFC Editor
adoption of the guidelines described in this document.  This has been
reviewed in the IETF but is not the  product of an IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Harald Alvestrand. 
 
Technical Summary

This memo presents a new set of guidelines to govern lists of authors
on RFC documents. It is intended to counteract a recent tendency
towards author list inflation.

Working Group Summary

This document is not the product of a working group, but has been
the subject of IETF-wide review.

The IETF Last Call resulted in several supportive comments.

By this announcement, the IESG wishes to state its support for this
procedure change, but recommends to the RFC Editor that rather than
publishing this RFC, it should fold the text into the current revision
of the RFC Editor Guidelines (draft-rfc-editor-rfc2223bis).

Protocol Quality

The document has been reviewed for the IESG by Harald Alvestrand.