Subject: BCP 61, RFC 3365 on Strong Security Requirements for Internet Engineering Task Force Standard Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:05:51 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         BCP 61
         RFC 3365
 
         Title:      Strong Security Requirements for Internet
                     Engineering Task Force Standard Protocols
         Author(s):  J. Schiller
         Status:     Best Current Practice
	 Date:       August 2002
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      8
         Characters: 16411
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None
 
         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-saag-whyenc-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3365.txt

It is the consensus of the IETF that IETF standard protocols MUST
make use of appropriate strong security mechanisms.  This document
describes the history and rationale for this doctrine and establishes
this doctrine as a best current practice.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.