Subject: RFC 3346 on Applicability Statement for Traffic Engineering with MPLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:46:32 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3346

        Title:	    Applicability Statement for Traffic Engineering
                    with MPLS
        Author(s):  J. Boyle, V. Gill, A. Hannan, D. Cooper,
                    D. Awduche, B. Christian, W.S. Lai
        Status:	    Informational
	Date:       August 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 33754
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tewg-te-applicability-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3346.txt

This document describes the applicability of Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) to traffic engineering in IP networks.  Special
considerations for deployment of MPLS for traffic engineering in
operational contexts are discussed and the limitations of the MPLS
approach to traffic engineering are highlighted.

This document is a product of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.