Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-helal-macp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 07:56:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Announce and Control Protocol (MACP)
	Author(s)	: J. Helal
	Filename	: draft-helal-macp-00.txt
	Pages		: 49
	Date		: 2002-9-3
	
This memo describes the message and procedure related to the 
Multicast Announce and Control Protocol (MACP). This protocol is 
considered as one 'building blocks' of a reliable multicast 
transport framework.  
The Multicast Announce and Control Protocol (MACP) organizes the 
process by which a multicast sender node (Msender) manages 
transmissions to dynamic groups of receivers (Mreceivers) in the 
'one-to-many' model. The prime objective of MACP is to work in 
conjunction with various data transport protocols in order to meet 
various network requirements. One other main objective is to provide 
a unified announce transport mechanism for both bulk data transfer 
and streamed data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-helal-macp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-helal-macp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-helal-macp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.