Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lear-config-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:47:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: On Transport of Configuration Information
	Author(s)	: E. Lear
	Filename	: draft-lear-config-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2002-9-26
	
How are network elements configured?  What are the different ways in 
which a device receives configuration, and why do they use those 
particular mechanisms?  How do these mechanisms perform for their 
given use?  This document discusses the problem of device 
configuration and state exchange.  As we do so we will point out some 
protocol considerations, such as the objects being transported, how 
transfers are initiated, and what the security requirements are.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lear-config-issues-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lear-config-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lear-config-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.