Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 07:19:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Backtrace Messages for Label Switched Paths
	Author(s)	: H. Desineni, K. Avasarala
	Filename	: draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2002-9-4
	
Label switched path (LSP) backtrace is a method to backtrack the 
paths followed by packets in a particular forwarding equivalence 
class (FEC). This document describes the encoding and procedures for 
new label distribution protocol (LDP) messages, the backtrace message 
and backtrace reply message used for performing LSP backtrace. The 
backtrace message is sent upstream for an established LSP. The 
backtrace message can be used for LDP LSPs as well as for constraint 
based label switched paths (CR-LSPs). The data requested through a 
backtrace message is encoded into the backtrace reply message. 
Backtrace reply message is sent in downstream direction. It always 
travels towards the tail end of the LSP. Backtrace mechanism 
described in this document can also be used for obtaining additional 
attributes of the LSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kishan-lsp-btrace-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.