Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-niemi-simple-publish-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:03:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Specific Data Publication Framework
	Author(s)	: A. Niemi
	Filename	: draft-niemi-simple-publish-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2002-9-20
	
This document describes an extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP).  The purpose of this extension is to provide an
extensible framework for publication of SIP specific data.  This
extension derives from the recent Internet Draft defining the PUBLISH
method, but instead of using the SIP events framework, it introduces
a specific publication framework for the publish mechanism.  The main
motivations for decoupling publications from events are that the
event framework is not overloaded, and the applicability of the
PUBLISH method to problem sets similar to those surfacing in the
publication of event state is improved.  The SIP publication
framework is neither intended for general data manipulation, nor is
it intended to foster any discussion on the issue of using SIP for
everything.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-niemi-simple-publish-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-niemi-simple-publish-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-niemi-simple-publish-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.