Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nakhjiri-seamoby-text-ct-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:53:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Time Efficient context Transfer (TEXT)
	Author(s)	: M. Nakhjiri
	Filename	: draft-nakhjiri-seamoby-text-ct-01.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2002-9-23
	
This document presents a context transfer proposal that allows 
completion of context transfer outside timing critical message 
sequence for handover.  The context transfer process is initiated 
at a moment of MNÆs choice (in regard to layer 2 and 3 handover 
and MNÆs traffic) and is completed without a disruption in the 
flow of MNÆs real time traffic. This proposal is in line with the 
current fast handover framework within Mobile IP WG [3].  Although 
this document provides a specific recommendation, the framework 
proposed here, along with multiple alternatives that are 
mentioned, provides a great amount of flexibility in detailed 
design of context transfer. A minimum reliability mechanism for 
ensuring quality of transferred context is added to provide 
context updates that cannot be achieved by any transport protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nakhjiri-seamoby-text-ct-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nakhjiri-seamoby-text-ct-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nakhjiri-seamoby-text-ct-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.