Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 07:56:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LDP-based Signaling for L2VPNs
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-02.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2002-9-3
	
[MARTINISIG] specifies a way of using LDP [RFC3036] to set up and
maintain pseudowires [PWE3-FR]. It requires that each endpoint have
apriori knowledge of the IP address other endpoint, and that both
endpoints have apriori knowledge of a common 32-bit pseudowire
identifier.  While this is adequate for the case in which pseudowires
are provisioned individually within a single Service Provider's
network, there are a variety of PPVPN provisioning models [L2VPN-FW]
for which it is not adequate.  In particular it is not adequate if it
is desired to provision a pseudowire at only one endpoint, or if it
is desired to use auto-discovery mechanisms to provision a mesh of
pseudowires.  It also is not adequate for inter-provider Virtual
Private LAN Services (VPLS), or for distributed VPLS.  The current
draft extends [MARTINISIG] so that LDP-based signaling can be used
for these cases.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosen-ppvpn-l2-signaling-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.