Subject: RFC 3385 on Internet Protocol Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC)/Checksum Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:25:03 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3385

        Title:      Internet Protocol Small Computer System Interface
                    (iSCSI) Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC)/Checksum
                    Considerations
        Author(s):  D. Sheinwald, J. Satran, P. Thaler, V. Cavanna
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 53450
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sheinwald-iscsi-crc-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3385.txt

In this memo, we attempt to give some estimates for the probability of
undetected errors to facilitate the selection of an error detection
code for the Internet Protocol Small Computer System Interface
(iSCSI).

We will also attempt to compare Cyclic Redundancy Checks (CRCs) with
other checksum forms (e.g., Fletcher, Adler, weighted checksums), as
permitted by available data.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.