Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-crispin-imapv-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:53:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS PROTOCOL - VERSION 4rev1
	Author(s)	: M. Crispin
	Filename	: draft-crispin-imapv-18.txt
	Pages		: 98
	Date		: 2002-9-23
	
The Internet Message Access Protocol, Version 4rev1 (IMAP4rev1)
allows a client to access and manipulate electronic mail messages on
a server.  IMAP4rev1 permits manipulation of mailboxes (remote
message folders) in a way that is functionally equivalent to local
folders.  IMAP4rev1 also provides the capability for an offline
client to resynchronize with the server (see also [IMAP-DISC]).
IMAP4rev1 includes operations for creating, deleting, and renaming
mailboxes; checking for new messages; permanently removing messages;
setting and clearing flags; [RFC-2822] and [MIME-IMB] parsing;
searching; and selective fetching of message attributes, texts, and
portions thereof.  Messages in IMAP4rev1 are accessed by the use of
numbers.  These numbers are either message sequence numbers or unique
identifiers.
IMAP4rev1 supports a single server.  A mechanism for accessing
configuration information to support multiple IMAP4rev1 servers is
discussed in [ACAP].
IMAP4rev1 does not specify a means of posting mail; this function is
handled by a mail transfer protocol such as [SMTP].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crispin-imapv-18.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-crispin-imapv-18.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-crispin-imapv-18.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.