Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-uttaro-mult-gws-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:46:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Customer Managed Gateway Selection for RFC2547 VPN(s)
	Author(s)	: J. Uttaro
	Filename	: draft-uttaro-mult-gws-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2002-9-18
	
This document presents an application of the BGP community
attribute in simplifying the implementation and configuration
of routing policies between two or more VPN service providers.
It is assumed that RFC2547 has been implemented to provide the
VPN service although this is not a requirement of this application
It shows how use of the community attribute along with the setting
of a BGP metric can be used by customers to select the best gateway
between one or more VPN service providers. This technique simplifies
configuration and management at the provider level, and gives the
customer the ability to control its own routing policy with respect
to the selection of gateways between service providers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-uttaro-mult-gws-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-uttaro-mult-gws-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-uttaro-mult-gws-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.