Subject: Protocol Action: Entity Sensor Management Information Base to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:34:25 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Entity Sensor Management
Information Base' <draft-ietf-entmib-sensor-mib-01.txt> as a Proposed
Standard. This document is the product of the Entity MIB Working
Group. The IESG contact persons are Randy Bush and Bert Wijnen.

 Technical Summary
   
   This document defines a portion of the Management Information Base 
   (MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
   community. In particular, it describes managed objects for 
   extending the Entity MIB (RFC2737) to provide generalized access 
   to information related to physical sensors, which are often found
   in networking equipment (such as chassis temperature, fan RPM,
   power supply voltage).

 Working Group Summary
   
   Working group reached consensus on this document. During IETF Last 
   Call, one comment was received regarding the use of ENUMERATION
   for sensortypes insetad of OIDs. The WG however did discuss this
   topic and took a conscious decision to for the approach documented
   in the document.
   
 Protocol Quality
   
   This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.