Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jung-mobileip-bet-enhance-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:56:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An enhancement for limiting the length of tunnel in 
                          the fast handover method using bi-directional edge 
                          tunnel (BET)
	Author(s)	: H. Jung, J. Min
	Filename	: draft-jung-mobileip-bet-enhance-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2002-9-11
	
To support real-time services such as VoIP in Mobile IPv4/v6, several
fast handover methods have been proposed. The fast handover method
using BET is one of them and was chosen as an alternate protocol to
FMIPv6 version 4. BET has advantage in reducing the handover latency
because it does not perform the layer 3 registration. However, the
long BET in certain situation could be not acceptable. In that case,
a mechanism is needed to limit the tunnel length of BET. In this
draft, we propose to group the ARs by predefined value to limit the
tunnel length of BET. An anchor router is changed whenever a MN
changes its associated group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jung-mobileip-bet-enhance-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jung-mobileip-bet-enhance-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jung-mobileip-bet-enhance-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.