Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-helbig-stealthkey-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:34:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Zyfer's StealthKey Management for frequent rekeying
	Author(s)	: D. Au, P. Balke, H. Fruehauf, C. Helbig, K. Helbig
	Filename	: draft-helbig-stealthkey-03.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2002-9-25
	
This document describes a key management, designated as StealthKey
Management. StealthKey Management establishes short-term keys which
are derived from a common long-term key in two entities, referred
to as sender and receiver, for symmetric encryption algorithms and
cryptographic authentication protocols based on a common secret.
Stealthkey Management covers two main parts:
- Independent generation of the short-term keys by the sender and
receiver from either the common long-term key and the time, or
from the common long-term key and a sequence number.
- Synchronization of the short-term keys between both entities.
The important advantages of using StealthKey Management for message
encryption and authentication are the ability to change the short-
term keys frequently, without exchanges between sender and receiver
and the independence of other applications for the key change
process (in band). A commonly used term for key change is rekeying.
The required long-term key can be established remotely through the
use of known symmetric or asymmetric key protocols, or locally via
manual setup. StealthKey Management improves the performance of any
of today's key management protocols, by extending the protocol with
the frequent changing of keys.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-helbig-stealthkey-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-helbig-stealthkey-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-helbig-stealthkey-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.