Subject: Protocol Action: Textual Conventions for Transport Addresses to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:45:40 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Textual Conventions 
 for Transport Addresses' <draft-ietf-ops-taddress-mib-05.txt> 
 as a Proposed Standard. This has been reviewed in the IETF but 
 is not the product of an IETF Working Group. The IESG contact 
 persons are Bert Wijnen Randy Bush

 Technical Summary
     
     This document introduces a MIB module which defines textual
     conventions to represent commonly used transport-layer addressing
     information. The definitions are compatible with the concept of
     TAddress/TDomain pairs introduced by the SMIv2 and support the
     Internet transport protocols over IPv4 and IPv6.
     
 Working Group Summary
   
     This is not the product of an IETF Working Group. Instead, the
     document was created by an IPv6MIB design team in the OPS area.
     The document has been discussed on the public [email-masked]
     mailing list, which resulted in a number of changes. A 4-week
     IETF-wide Last Call did not raise in any comments.
     
 Protocol Quality
   
     This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.