Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tewg-te-metric-igp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:57:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Use of Interior Gateway Protocol Metric as a second 
                          MPLS Traffic Engineering Metric
	Author(s)	: F. Le Faucheur et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tewg-te-metric-igp-02.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2002-9-11
	
This document describes a common practice on how the existing metric 
of Interior Gateway Protocols (IGP) can be used as an alternative 
metric to the Traffic Engineering (TE) metric for Constraint Based 
Routing of MultiProtocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering 
tunnels. This effectively results in the ability to perform 
Constraint Based Routing with optimization of one metric (e.g. link 
bandwidth) for some Traffic Engineering tunnels (e.g. Data Trunks) 
while optimizing another metric (e.g. propagation delay) for some 
other tunnels with different requirements (e.g. Voice Trunks).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-te-metric-igp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tewg-te-metric-igp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-te-metric-igp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.