Subject: RFC 3368 on The 'go' URI Scheme for the Common Name Resolution Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:43:01 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3368

        Title:	    The 'go' URI Scheme for the Common Name Resolution
                    Protocol
        Author(s):  M. Mealling
        Status:	    Standards Track
	Date:       August 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 12726
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cnrp-uri-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3368.txt

This document defines a URI scheme, 'go:' to be used with the Common
Name Resolution Protocol.  Specifically it lays out the syntactic
components and how those components are used by URI Resolution to find
the available transports for a CNRP service.  Care should be taken
with several of the URI components because, while they may look like
components found in other URI schemes, they often do not act like
them.  The "go" scheme has more in common with the location
independent "news" scheme than any other URI scheme.

This document is a product of the Common Name Resolution Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.