Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-huang-mobileip-napt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:42:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Guidelines for Integrating Mobile IP with NAPT
	Author(s)	: C. Huang et al.
	Filename	: draft-huang-mobileip-napt-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2002-9-27
	
As the number of mobile terminals increases, Mobile IP[1] potentially 
could make users roam around the world while also keep their 
connection to the Internet uninterruptedly. In the mean time, many 
organizations are using NAPT[2] (Network Address Port Translator) to 
isolate private network from public realms. The integration of NAPT 
with Mobile IP, however, introduces technical issues that must be 
resolved before they can function together. Although techniques such 
as UDP tunneling[3] and reverse tunneling[4] can be utilized to solve 
part of the problem, there are still some scenarios which need more 
discussion. This document reviews these mechanisms and presents a 
guideline for the integration of Mobile IP and NAPT in various 
scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huang-mobileip-napt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-huang-mobileip-napt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-huang-mobileip-napt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.