Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brunner-nsis-rsvp2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:17:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Towards RSVP Version 2
	Author(s)	: M. Brunner, R. Greco
	Filename	: draft-brunner-nsis-rsvp2-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2002-10-9
	
This memo is a first step towards the design of RSVP Version 2. We 
take RSVP Version 1 as a basis of this work. RSVP has been criticized 
mainly because of its complexity and poor scalability among others. 
We present the first steps towards the definition of a new version of 
RSVP. The goal is to provide a more 'light' approach that can help 
improve handling reservations in the network by means of a simplified 
behavior. 
This proposal for RSVP Version 2 is not meant as a complete 
replacement of RSVP Version 1 but is meant to coexist with Version 1. 
For some scenarios such as receiver orientation and multicasting we 
assume that RSVP version 1 works fine.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brunner-nsis-rsvp2-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brunner-nsis-rsvp2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brunner-nsis-rsvp2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.