Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pullen-srmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:19:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Selectively Reliable Multicast Protocol (SRMP)
	Author(s)	: M. Pullen et al.
	Filename	: draft-pullen-srmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2002-10-29
	
The Selectively Reliable Multicast Protocol (SRMP) is a transport
protocol, intended to deliver a mix of reliable and best-effort 
messages in an any-to-any multicast environment, where the best-
effort traffic occurs in significantly greater volume than the 
best-effort traffic and therefore can be used to carry sequence 
numbers of reliable messages for loss detection. SRMP is intended 
for use in a distributed simulation application environment, where 
only the latest value of reliable transmission for any particular 
data identifier requires delivery.
SRMP has two sublayers: a bundling sublayer that combines short 
messages, peforms NAK suppression, and incorporates the TCP-Friendly 
Multicast Congestion Control of Widmer and Handley, dropping best-
effort traffic in order to achieve congestion control; and a 
selectively reliable transport (SRT) sublayer that formats best-
effort and reliable transmissions and also creates negative 
acknowledgements when loss of reliable messages is detected.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pullen-srmp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pullen-srmp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pullen-srmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.