Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-siddiqui-rmonmib-raqmon-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 07:33:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Real-time Application Quality of Service Monitoring 
                         (RAQMON) Framework
	Author(s)	: A. Siddiqui et al.
	Filename	: draft-siddiqui-rmonmib-raqmon-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2002-10-23
	
There is a need to extend the RMON framework [RFC2819] to monitor end
devices such as IP phones, pagers, Instant Message Clients, mobile
phones, and PDA devices.  This memo proposes an extension of RMON
Framework to allow Real-time Application QoS information of these
types of end devices to be retrieved with SNMP, independent of the
technology used to perform the measurements. An end-to-end user
experience of the quality of service (QoS) and performance for such
an application is a combination of device performance, transport
network performance and specific application context.
The memo also defines a common framework to identify a set of
application QoS parameters and a reporting mechanism using a common
protocol data unit (PDU) format used between RAQMON Data Source (RDS)
and RAQMON Report Collector (RRC) to report QOS statistics using RTCP
and SNMP as underlying transport protocol.
The original RAQMON draft <draft-siddiqui-rmonmib-raqmon-mib-01.txt>
is split into 3 parts namely RAQMON Framework, RAQMON QOS PDU and
RAQMON MIB. This memo only defines the RAQMON Framework along with
companion drafts <draft-siddiqui-rmonmib-raqmon-mib-02.txt> that
defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) and
<draft-siddiqui-rmonmib-raqmon-pdu-00.txt> that defines RAQMON PDUs.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-siddiqui-rmonmib-raqmon-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-siddiqui-rmonmib-raqmon-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-siddiqui-rmonmib-raqmon-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.