Subject: RFC 3401 on Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part One: The Comprehensive DDDS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:53:04 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3401

        Title:      Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS)
                    Part One: The Comprehensive DDDS
        Author(s):  M. Mealling
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10172
        Updates:    2276
        Obsoletes:  2915, 2168
                 
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-urn-ddds-toc-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3401.txt

This document specifies the exact documents that make up the complete
Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS).  DDDS is an
abstract algorithm for applying dynamically retrieved string
transformation rules to an application-unique string.

This document along with RFC 3402, RFC 3403 and RFC 3404 obsolete RFC
2168 and RFC 2915, as well as updates RFC 2276.

This document is a product of the Uniform Resource Names Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.