Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-speechsc-reqts-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 07:14:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Speech Services Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for Distributed Control of ASR, SI/SV and
                          TTS Resources
	Author(s)	: E. Burger, D. Oran
	Filename	: draft-ietf-speechsc-reqts-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2002-10-7
	
This document outlines the needs and requirements for a protocol to 
control distributed speech processing of audio streams.  By speech 
processing, this document specifically means automatic speech 
recognition, speaker recognition (which includes both speaker 
identification and speaker verification) and text-to-speech.  Other 
IETF protocols, such as SIP and RTSP, address rendezvous and control 
for generalized media streams.  However, speech processing presents 
additional requirements that none of the extant IETF protocols 
address. 
Discussion of this and related documents is on the speechsc mailing 
list.  To subscribe, send the message 'subscribe speechsc' to 
[email-masked].  The public archive is at 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-
archive/workinggroups/speechsc/current/maillist.html.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-reqts-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-speechsc-reqts-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-reqts-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.