Subject: Last Call: Draft of agreement between ISOC/IETF and SO/IEC JTC1/SC6 on IS-IS protocol development to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:49:02 -0500

This Internet-Draft documents proposes text of an agreement between
    ISOC/IETF and ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 regarding cooperative development of
    the IS-IS routing protocol extensions.

    For a long time there has been no guidelines on how the two
    organizations should work together and separate their IS-IS related
    work scopes. This resulted in a confusion where the IETF did not
    put Internet-related extensions of the protocol on its standards
    track, and there was no authority maintaining the IS-IS namespace.
    The agreement between the two organizations is an attempt to
    resolve this situation.

    This Internet-Draft does not propose any changes to IETF processes
    or priorities. It describes (among other things) how the IETF
    processes are applied to the IS-IS protocol extensions. The IESG is
    issuing this Last-Call for review by the IETF community to ensure
    that the community is comfortable with the description of the
    proposed collaboration between the two organizations.

    Please send any comments to the [email-masked] or [email-masked]
    mailing lists by November 29, 2002.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zinin-ietf-jtc1-aggr-00.txt