Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vigoureux-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:17:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generalized MPLS Architecture for Multi-Region 
                          Networks
	Author(s)	: D. Papadimitriou, M. Vigoureux et al.
	Filename	: draft-vigoureux-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2002-10-29
	
Most of the efforts on Generalized MPLS were dedicated to
environments including single switching capability devices, as such,
the complexity raised by such control planes were equivalent to the
one expected in classical IP/MPLS networks. The fundamental reason
being that the definition of the control plane IP based protocol
suite for Label Switch Routers (LSR) or Optical Cross-Connects (OXC)
has exactly the same level complexity. The present document analyses
the various GMPLS aspects when considering envinronments including
combined LSR û OXC devices. The latter covers opaque, service
transparent and fully transparent (i.e. photonic) data planes. The
intent of the first release of this memo is to demonstrate that
these aspects may not be as straightforward as they may appear in
first approach.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vigoureux-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vigoureux-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vigoureux-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.