Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bichot-network-discovery-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 06:28:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Network Discovery Protocol (NDP)
	Author(s)	: G. Bichot
	Filename	: draft-bichot-network-discovery-protocol-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2002-10-25
	
This document describes the Network Discovery Protocol (NDP), a 
protocol that provides a way to broadcast information about the 
network service accessible through the access network where the 
information is broadcasted. This allows several service providers to 
share the same access network. The public WLAN access network is 
particularly targeted by this protocol. As a result a mobile terminal 
listening NDP announcements discovers whether its Service provider 
(Virtual WLAN operator) is supported by the WLAN it is currently 
attached.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bichot-network-discovery-protocol-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bichot-network-discovery-protocol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bichot-network-discovery-protocol-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.