Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-ulp-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:14:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An RTP Payload Format for Generic FEC with Uneven 
                          Level Protection
	Author(s)	: A. Li et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-ulp-06.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2002-10-30
	
This document specifies a payload format for generic forward error
correction to achieve uneven level protection (ULP) for media data
encapsulated in RTP. It is based on the same exclusive-or (parity)
operation as in RFC 2733 [1], but it generalized and included the
algorithms of that RFC. This draft will obsolete RFC 2733 and RFC
3009. The payload format described in this draft allows end systems
to apply protection using arbitrary protection lengths and levels, in
addition to using arbitrary protection group sizes. It also enables
both complete recovery or partial recovery of the critical payload
and RTP header fields depending on the packet loss situation. This
scheme is completely backward compatible with non-FEC capable hosts.
Those receivers that do not know about ULP forward error correction
can simply ignore the extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-ulp-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-ulp-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-ulp-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.