Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-satish-ospf-cspf-support-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:05:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: OSPF extensions for flexible CSPF algorithm support
	Author(s)	: S. Jamadagni et al.
	Filename	: draft-satish-ospf-cspf-support-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2002-10-18
	
The fundamental problem of Constrained Shortest Path First (CSPF)
computation which is typical of quality of service routing, is that the
problem is NP-hard. While standard approximation methods exist, their
complexity may often be prohibitive in terms of scalability. Recently
pre-computation and caching techniques have been suggested [3] [4] to
achieve better on-demand computation costs. The motivation for pre-
computation and path caching is to reduce as much of the on-demand
computational overhead as possible.

To fully utilize Pre-computation and caching of QoS paths at a source,
mechanisms should be available to verify the validity of either the
full or a partial subset of the pre-computed paths. The mechanisms
should preferably support verification of the consistency of either
partial or the full pre-computed path cache. In an IP control plane,
CSPF is expected to work in conjunction with OSPF-TE [1] and
RSVP-TE [2] protocols. To support CSPF algorithms that might want to
use pre-computation and caching techniques rooted at a source or an
identified core in the network, we propose mechanisms to dynamically
setup OSPF 'virtual links' and describe setting up of 'virtual areas'
to enable OSPF based selective network monitoring and updation. Such an
extension will help deploy flexible CSPF algorithms that might be
distributed, partially distributed or utilize pre-computation or
caching techniques.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-satish-ospf-cspf-support-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-satish-ospf-cspf-support-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-satish-ospf-cspf-support-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.