Subject: Protocol Action: Remote Monitoring MIB Extensions for High Capacity Alarms to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:50:37 -0400

The IESG has approved publication of the Internet-Draft 'Remote
Monitoring MIB Extensions for High Capacity Alarms'
<draft-ietf-rmonmib-hc-alarm-mib-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Remote Network Monitoring Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Randy Bush and Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary
 
  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base
  (MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
  community. In particular, it describes managed objects for
  extending the alarmthresholding capabilities found in the RMON
  MIB (RFC2819), to provide similar threshold monitoring of objects
  based on the Counter64 data type.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The working group has consensus on this document to be published
  as a Proposed Standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.