Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-v6ops-6bone-mess-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:28:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Moving from 6bone to IPv6 Internet
	Author(s)	: P. Savola
	Filename	: draft-savola-v6ops-6bone-mess-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2002-10-24
	
Currently, IPv6 Internet is, globally considered, inseparable from
the 6bone network.  The 6bone has been built as a tighly meshed
tunneled topology.  As the number of participants has grown, it has
become an untangible mess, hindering the real deployment of IPv6 due
to low quality of connections.  This memo discusses the nature and
the state of 6bone/IPv6 Internet, points out problems and outlines a
few ways to start fixing them; also, some rough operational
guidelines for different-sized organizations are presented.  The most
important issues are: not offering transit to everyone and real
transit operators being needed to take a more active role.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-v6ops-6bone-mess-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-savola-v6ops-6bone-mess-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-savola-v6ops-6bone-mess-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.