Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sarikaya-mobileip-lmmframework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 07:35:30 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Architectural Framework for Global and Localized 
                          Mobility Management
	Author(s)	: B. Sarikaya
	Filename	: draft-sarikaya-mobileip-lmmframework-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2002-9-30
	
This document defines an architectural framework for mobility 
management (MM) in general with an emphasis on localized mobility 
management (LMM). MM requires new architectural entities to be added 
to the Internet Protocol version 4 and version 6. Also the 
availability of mobility management must be advertised by these 
entities extending ICMPv4 and v6. The document identifies these 
entities as routing proxies (RP) and defines abstractly the behaviour 
of RPs and their interactions with the existing entities and the 
router/agent advertisements that RP needs to issue in order to let 
its presence known. Basic architecture can be optimized by either 
informing the end nodes in order to achieve route optimization and/ 
or by localizing mobility management. LMM itself requires new 
entities identified as localized routing proxies or localized 
mobility agents (LMA) to be introduced to the basic architectures of 
mobility management. The behaviour of LMA is abstractly defined. The 
document also identifies a number of open issues whose resolution is 
crucial to the standardization of LMM protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-mobileip-lmmframework-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sarikaya-mobileip-lmmframework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sarikaya-mobileip-lmmframework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.