Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-v6ops-firewalling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 08:09:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Firewalling Considerations for IPv6
	Author(s)	: P. Savola
	Filename	: draft-savola-v6ops-firewalling-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2002-9-25
	
There are quite a few potential problems regarding firewalling or
packet filtering in IPv6 environment.  These include slight ambiguity
in the IPv6 specification, problems parsing packets beyond unknown
Extension Headers and Destination Options, and introduction of end-
to-end encrypted traffic and peer-to-peer applications.  There may
also be need to extend packet matching to include some Extension
Header or Destination Option fields.  This draft discusses these
issues to raise awareness and proposes some tentative solutions or
workarounds.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-v6ops-firewalling-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-savola-v6ops-firewalling-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-savola-v6ops-firewalling-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.