Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vasseur-mpls-linknode-failure-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 06:17:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Distinguish a link from a node failure using RSVP 
                          Hellos extensions
	Author(s)	: A. Charny, J. Vasseur
	Filename	: draft-vasseur-mpls-linknode-failure-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2002-10-28
	
The aim of this draft is to provide a method to distinguish a link from 
a node failure using RSVP hello extensions. In a network making use of 
MPLS Traffic Engineering Fast Reroute as specified in [FAST-REROUTE], 
efficient use can be made of the network links when protecting against 
link/node failures. As described in [FACILITY], excess capacity used 
for bypass tunnels can be shared between bypass tunnels providing 
protection for mutually exclusive failures of different links or nodes. 
This results in significant bandwidth savings under the single failure 
assumption. Making use of the single failure assumption  implies the 
need  to distinguish a link from a node failure. However, the 
mechanisms currently available for failures detection do not always 
allow to distinguishing a link from a node failure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-mpls-linknode-failure-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vasseur-mpls-linknode-failure-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-mpls-linknode-failure-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.