Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dimitri-zospf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:16:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Autoconfiguration of routers using a link state 
                          routing protocol
	Author(s)	: A. Dimitrelis, A. Williams
	Filename	: draft-dimitri-zospf-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2002-10-29
	
This memo documents our thinking to date regarding the use of version 
3 of the Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol as a mechanism for 
the autoconfiguration of IP routers within an OSPF area. 
Specifically, a method for the allocation and distribution of IPv4 
and IPv6 subnet addresses without explicit configuration is 
described. Such a mechanism would be useful in an environment where 
routing is desirable, but the network administration skills necessary 
to configure IP routers are not available. This draft presents zOSPF 
(zeroconfigutaion OSPF), a protocol based on OSFPv3 that will allow 
routers to self configure and forward IPv4 and IPv6 traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dimitri-zospf-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dimitri-zospf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dimitri-zospf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.