Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-saifullah-rohc-tcp-early-compression-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 06:18:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ROHC-TCP Early Compression
	Author(s)	: Y. Saifullah et al.
	Filename	: draft-saifullah-rohc-tcp-early-compression-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2002-10-28
	
This document specifies Early Compression Enabler for ROHC-TCP to
increase compression gain. The enabler provides a generic platform to
implement an early compression mechanism. An early compression
mechanism is an out-of-band mechanism that populates the ROHC-TCP
decompression context with some of the header fields before the ROHC-
TCP initialization step. ROHC-TCP does not need to carry those
fields, thus early compression provides compression from the very
first TCP packet and increases the compression gain. It is especially
useful for short-lived TCP connections. The document describes the
working of Early Compression Enabler as part of ROHC-TCP. It also
specifies protocol changes for the ROHC-TCP protocol. It does not
specify any particular early compression mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saifullah-rohc-tcp-early-compression-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-saifullah-rohc-tcp-early-compression-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-saifullah-rohc-tcp-early-compression-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.