Subject: RFC 3403 on Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part Three: The Domain Name System (DNS) Database

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:57:54 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3403

        Title:      Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS)
                    Part Three: The Domain Name System (DNS) Database
        Author(s):  M. Mealling
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31058
        Obsoletes:  2915, 2168
                 
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-urn-dns-ddds-database-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3403.txt

This document describes a Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS)
Database using the Domain Name System (DNS) as a distributed database
of Rules.  The Keys are domain-names and the Rules are encoded using
the Naming Authority Pointer (NAPTR) Resource Record (RR).

Since this document obsoletes RFC 2915, it is the official
specification for the NAPTR DNS Resource Record.  It is also part of
a series that is completely specified in "Dynamic Delegation
Discovery System (DDDS) Part One: The Comprehensive DDDS"
(RFC 3401).  It is very important to note that it is impossible to
read and understand any document in this series without reading the
others.

This document is a product of the Uniform Resource Names Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.