Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-czezowski-optical-recovery-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 06:17:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Optical Network Failure Recovery Requirements
	Author(s)	: P. Czezowski, T. Soumiya
	Filename	: draft-czezowski-optical-recovery-reqs-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2002-10-28
	
This draft describes requirements for control plane-based recovery 
from data plane failures in pre-OTN networks.  pre-OTN networks are 
transport networks that have a GMPLS-based control plane and various 
transport plane technologies (such as Optical Cross Connects and 
Optical Add/Drop Multiplexers, etc.)  An important feature of these 
networks is recovery from failures - using either a protection or 
restoration scheme.  Achieving recovery under strict time constraints 
is a difficult problem.  Shared mesh-based recovery is especially 
desirable for reducing spare capacity ratios and achieving flexible 
recovery scenarios.  Following a brief overview and consideration of 
the requirements, they are presented in an itemized list in section 
3.4 of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-czezowski-optical-recovery-reqs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-czezowski-optical-recovery-reqs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-czezowski-optical-recovery-reqs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.