Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldapext-vlv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 07:11:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LDAP (Alternative) Virtual List View Operation
	Author(s)	: K. Zeilenga
	Filename	: draft-zeilenga-ldapext-vlv-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2002-10-2
	
This document describes an LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access
Protocol) Virtual List View (VLV) operation.  The operation allows the
client to obtain portion (the view) of an ordered set (the list) of
entries visible through a virtual window.  The client can reissue the
operation with different criteria to obtain a different view of the
list.  Clients may use this operation to page, scroll, or browse
directory content.
The VLV operation is defined as a set of LDAP controls which extend
the Search operation.  The VLV controls may be used in conjunction
with a number of other search controls, such as the Server Side
Sorting of Search Results (RFC 2891) control.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldapext-vlv-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zeilenga-ldapext-vlv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldapext-vlv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.