Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2292bis-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:34:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Advanced Sockets API for IPv6
	Author(s)	: R. Stevens, M. Thomas, E. Nordmark, T. Jinmei
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2292bis-08.txt
	Pages		: 83
	Date		: 2002-10-16
	
This document provides sockets APIs to support 'advanced' IPv6
applications, as a supplement to a separate specification, RFC 2553.
The expected applications include Ping, Traceroute, routing daemons
and the like, which typically use raw sockets to access IPv6 or
ICMPv6 header fields.  This document proposes some portable
interfaces for applications that use raw sockets under IPv6.  There
are other features of IPv6 that some applications will need to
access: interface identification (specifying the outgoing interface
and determining the incoming interface), IPv6 extension headers, and
path MTU information.  This document provides API access to these
features too.  Additionally, some extended interfaces to libraries
for the 'r' commands are defined.  The extension will provide better
backward compatibility to existing implementations that are not
IPv6-capable.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2292bis-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2292bis-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2292bis-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.