Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:36:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LMP Extensions for Link discovery Using Loss of Light
	Author(s)	: R. Bradford, D. Papadimitriou, D. Tappan
	Filename	: draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2002-10-22
	
This document proposes an enhanced mechanism for LMP link
verification that is independent of the data encoding
type.  The general proposal is to use the transmission of
light by the sender and recognition of the presence or
absence of light by the receiver to identify port
mapping.  The proposal includes minor extensions to the
existing messages to implement this extension to the link
verification procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.