Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kuthan-sipping-diag-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:28:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Diagnostics Support in SIP
	Author(s)	: J. Kuthan
	Filename	: draft-kuthan-sipping-diag-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2002-10-24
	
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) provides only limited space for 
communicating diagnostic information when errors occur. To facilitate 
troubleshooting, automated error detection, and reporting we propose 
to create new protocol extensions. The extensions will be used for 
richer reporting on request processing status. Particularly, we 
suggest that User Agent Servers (UAS) include additional information 
about error reasons in negative replies, and proxy servers indicate 
in relayed requests the routing logic they used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuthan-sipping-diag-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kuthan-sipping-diag-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kuthan-sipping-diag-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.