Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 07:14:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Initial and Pass Through Authentication Using Kerberos
                          V5 and GSS-API (IAKERB)
	Author(s)	: J. Trostle, M. Swift, B. Aboba, G. Zorn
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-09.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2002-10-7
	
This document defines extensions to the Kerberos protocol
specification (RFC 1510 [1]) and GSSAPI Kerberos protocol mechanism
(RFC 1964 [2]) that enables a client to obtain Kerberos tickets for
services where the KDC is not accessible to the client, but is
accessible to the application server. Some common scenarios where
lack of accessibility would occur are when the client does not have
an IP address prior to authenticating to an access point, the client
is unable to locate a KDC, or a KDC is behind a firewall. The
document specifies two protocols to allow a client to exchange KDC
messages (which are GSS encapsulated) with an IAKERB proxy instead of
a KDC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-09.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.