Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 07:04:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ARP Mediation for IP interworking of Layer 2 VPN
	Author(s)	: H. Shah et al.
	Filename	: draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2002-10-21
	
This draft addresses an issue in a particular kind of Layer 2 VPN, 
which provides point-to-point connectivity for IP traffic only.  In 
this kind of VPN it is possible to form heterogeneous point-to-point 
links, where the two ends of the link use different technologies, 
e.g., one end is Ethernet and the other is Frame Relay or ATM.  If 
two IP systems are connected via a heterogeneous point-to-point link, 
each may be using different address learning techniques, for 
instance, one using ARP on Ethernet and the other using Inverse ARP 
on Frame Relay. It is up to the Provider Edge routers to make these 
different techniques inter-work.  This draft specifies the procedures 
which the Provider Edge (PE) routers should perform in order to allow 
correct operation across heterogeneous point-to-point links.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shah-ppvpn-arp-mediation-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.