Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hancock-nsis-sender-receiver-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:19:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Sender and Receiver Orientation Issues in NSIS
	Author(s)	: R. Hancock et al.
	Filename	: draft-hancock-nsis-sender-receiver-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2002-10-29
	
The NSIS working group is considering protocols for signaling for 
resources for a traffic flow along its path in the network. The 
requirements for such signaling are being developed in [2] and a 
framework in [3]. 
It is clear from existing work that there are many interrelated 
issues with NSIS signaling, concerning the respective roles of the 
two ends of the communication path. These issues include route 
finding, authorisation, state management requirements, localization 
of negotiation, and so on. The wide variety of problems involved 
hinders progress in deciding what approach NSIS should adopt. This 
Internet Draft attempts to provide a summary of these issues and 
suggests a way of structuring further analysis. It is not expected 
that this document should have a long term existence.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-sender-receiver-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hancock-nsis-sender-receiver-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hancock-nsis-sender-receiver-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.