Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-campbell-simple-cpimmsg-sessions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 06:17:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Instant Message Transport Sessions using the CPIM 
                          Message Format
	Author(s)	: B. Campbell et al.
	Filename	: draft-campbell-simple-cpimmsg-sessions-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2002-10-28
	
Instant Messaging (IM) refers to the transfer of messages between
users in near real-time.  These messages are usually, but not
required to be, short.  IMs are often used in a conversational mode,
that is, the transfer of messages back and forth is fast enough for
participants to maintain an interactive conversation.  Each message
can be sent independently using the SIP MESSAGE method, or messages
can be associated into sessions that are initiated using SIP.  The
first approach is often referred to as pager-mode messaging, due to
its similarity to the behavior of two way pager devices.  The second
approach is often called session-mode messaging, or simply message
sessions.  This document describes a message session mechanism based
on the Common Presence and Instant Messaging message format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-campbell-simple-cpimmsg-sessions-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-campbell-simple-cpimmsg-sessions-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-campbell-simple-cpimmsg-sessions-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.