Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lee-xmlconf-xcli-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 06:27:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CLI-based Mediation Mechanism using XML for 
                          Configuration Management
	Author(s)	: B. Lee, T. Choi
	Filename	: draft-lee-xmlconf-xcli-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2002-10-25
	
Currently, there is an ongoing activity in the IETF to define a
standard, XML-based protocol to manage the configuration of networks
and networking equipments. Defining initial requirements are underway
and one important requirement among them is co-existence with the
CLI. This document suggests a possible mechanism for this
requirement.  It identifies some characteristics of CLI commands, and
provides the syntax of XML template which models such characteristics
of CLI commands. X-CLI is an API to manipulate XML templates in an
easy and robust way.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-xmlconf-xcli-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lee-xmlconf-xcli-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lee-xmlconf-xcli-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.