Subject: Protocol Action: Generalized MPLS - Signaling Functional Description to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:16:09 -0400

The IESG has approved publication of the following Internet-Drafts
as Proposed Standards:

o Generalized MPLS - Signaling Functional Description 
	<draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-09.txt>
o Generalized MPLS Signaling - CR-LDP Extensions'
	<draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-cr-ldp-07.txt> 
o Generalized MPLS Signaling - RSVP-TE Extensions 
	<draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-rsvp-te-09.txt>

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement
Plane (ccamp) Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Bert 
Wijnen and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
     Document 'Generalized MPLS - Signaling Functional Description'
     describes extensions to MPLS signaling required to support
     Generalized MPLS. Generalized MPLS extends the MPLS control
     plane to encompass time-division (e.g. SONET/SDH ADMs),
     wavelength (optical lambdas) and spatial switching (e.g.
     incoming port or fiber to outgoing port or fiber). This
     document presents a functional description of the extensions.
     Protocol specific formats and mechanisms, and technology 
     specific details are specified in separate documents.

     Document 'Generalized MPLS Signaling - CR-LDP Extensions'
     describes extensions to CR-LDP signaling required to
     support Generalized MPLS.

     Document 'Generalized MPLS Signaling - RSVP-TE Extensions'
     describes extensions to RSVP-TE signaling required to
     support Generalized MPLS.

 Working Group Summary

     These documents originated in the MPLS WG. They were transfered
     to the CCAMP WG in early 2001. WG Last Call was posted to both
     WGs to ensure all involved people would review. Quite a number
     of itterations were needed before the WG could reach consensus
     on all the details. Finaly the WG reached (rough) consensus on
     these documents and no issues were raised during IETF Last Call.

 Protocol Quality
     
     The documents have been reviewed for the IESG by Alex Zinin and
     Bert Wijnen.

     Various implementations have been reported as documented in the
     survey document:

           draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-survey-02.txt