Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:05:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Control Protocol (MCOP)
	Author(s)	: R. Lehtonen et al.
	Filename	: draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-01.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2002-10-18
	
In IP multicast all hosts that join a multicast group (*, G) or (S,
G) can receive the multicast traffic.  This draft introduces
Multicast Control Protocol (MCOP) that makes it possible to
selectively enable multicast receiving and sending.  MCOP is used
between Multicast Control Agent (MCA) and routers that have directly
connected multicast sources or receivers.  The receiver and source
control is done by MCOP enabled routers based on the information
received from the MCA.  MCOP enabled routers filter IGMP/MLD reports
and multicast packets before they reach the IGMP/MLD processing layer
or multicast routing stack of the router.  MCOP is independent of
multicast routing protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.