Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-olson-simple-publish-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 06:27:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIMPLE Presence Publication Mechanism
	Author(s)	: B. Campbell et al.
	Filename	: draft-olson-simple-publish-01.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2002-10-25
	
This document describes an extension to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) [1].  The purpose of this extension is to create a
means for publishing event state used within the framework for SIP
Event Notification (RFC3265 [2]).  The first application of this
extension is targeted at the publication of presence information as
defined by the SIMPLE [5] working group.
The method described in this document allows presence information to
be published to a presence agent on behalf of a user.  This method
can be extended to support publication of other event state, but it
is not intended to be a general-purpose mechanism for transport of
arbitrary data as there are better suited mechanisms for this purpose
(ftp, http, etc.) This method is intended to be a simple, light-
weight mechanism that employs SIP in order to support SIMPLE
services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-olson-simple-publish-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-olson-simple-publish-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-olson-simple-publish-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.