Subject: Protocol Action: INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS PROTOCOL - VERSION 4rev1 to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:03:41 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS
PROTOCOL - VERSION 4rev1' <draft-crispin-imapv-20.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of
an IETF Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and
Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary

The Internet Message Access Protocol, Version 4rev1 (IMAP4rev1) allows 
a client to access and manipulate electronic mail messages on a server. 
IMAP4rev1 permits manipulation of mailboxes (remote message folders) in 
a way that is functionally equivalent to local folders. IMAP4rev1 also 
provides the capability for an offline client to resynchronize with the 
server.

This document is a revision of RFC 2060. Appendix B of this document 
describes revisions and changes.

Working Group Summary

The original IMAP4 specification was a product of the IMAP working group.
The present document is not the product of an IETF Working group but was
extensively reviewed within the IETF.

Protocol Quality

Ned Freed reviewed this document for the IESG.