Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-cfrg-icm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:12:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Integer Counter Mode
	Author(s)	: D. McGrew
	Filename	: draft-irtf-cfrg-icm-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2002-10-30
	
This document specifies Integer Counter Mode (ICM), a mode of
operation of a block cipher which defines an indexed keystream
generator (which generates a keystream segment given an index).
This mode is efficient, parallelizable, and has been proven secure
given realistic assumptions about the block cipher.  Test vectors
are provided for AES.
Counter Mode admits many variations.  The variant specified in
this document is secure and flexible, yet it enables a single
implementation of a keystream generator to suffice in different
application domains.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-cfrg-icm-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-cfrg-icm-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-cfrg-icm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.