Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-okazaki-mobileip-abk-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 07:17:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Securing MIPv6 Binding Updates Using Address Based 
                          Keys (ABKs)
	Author(s)	: S. Okazaki et al.
	Filename	: draft-okazaki-mobileip-abk-01.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2002-10-4
	
This document outlines a method for authenticating and authorizing 
Mobile IPv6 [MIPv6] Binding Updates between a Correspondent Node and 
a Mobile Node where there exists no pre-established direct or 
indirect security relationship between those two entities. The 
method uses a new security technique called Address Based Keys. 
Address Based Keys are an alternative to other cryptographic address 
mechanisms for optimizing Binding Update security to avoid the need 
for Return Routability checks on each binding update. Address Based 
Keys use some mathematical results in identity based cryptosystems 
that have been known to cryptographers for some time, but have not 
been widely discussed in the network security community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-okazaki-mobileip-abk-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-okazaki-mobileip-abk-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-okazaki-mobileip-abk-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.