Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-krishna-ccamp-lcas-reqts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 06:18:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Signaling Requirements for LCAS based Applications
	Author(s)	: K. Pattabhiraman
	Filename	: draft-krishna-ccamp-lcas-reqts-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2002-10-28
	
With LCAS and VCAT, the transport layer is capable of not only
providing right-sized data pipes, but also elastic pipes. Fluid
transport pipes spur services like frame-relay transport (CIR, EIR)
and intelligent COS-aware protection. The popular protocol used to
convey control information in SONET networks is GMPLS. There are two
aspects of control mechanisms for a connection: call-control and
connection-control. Call-control is used to establish a signaling
association between two end-points, whereas connection-control is
used to setup and modify the attributes (e.g., bandwidth) of an
transport connection. This draft deals with signaling requirements
for connection-control of elastic pipes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krishna-ccamp-lcas-reqts-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-krishna-ccamp-lcas-reqts-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-krishna-ccamp-lcas-reqts-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.