Subject: RFC 3421 on Select and Sort Extensions for the Service Location Protocol (SLP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:29:30 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3421
                            
        Title:      Select and Sort Extensions for the Service
                    Location Protocol (SLP)
        Author(s):  W. Zhao, H. Schulzrinne, E. Guttman, C. Bisdikian,
                    W. Jerome
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       November 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15260
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zhao-slp-customization-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3421.txt

This document defines two extensions (Select and Sort)
for the Service Location Protocol (SLP).  These extensions allow a
User Agent (UA) to request that the Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
entries in a Service Reply (SrvRply) be limited to the specified
number, or be sorted according to the specified sort key list.  Using
these two extensions together can facilitate discovering the best
match, such as finding a service that has the maximum speed or the
minimum load.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.