Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-tcrtp-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 07:30:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Tunneling multiplexed Compressed RTP ('TCRTP')
	Author(s)	: B. Thompson, T. Koren, D. Wing
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-tcrtp-07.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2002-11-7
	
This document describes a method to improve the bandwidth utilization
of RTP streams over network paths that carry multiple Real-time
Transport Protocol (RTP) streams in parallel between two endpoints, as
in voice trunking. The method combines standard protocols that provide
compression, multiplexing, and tunneling over a network path to reduce
the bandwidth used when multiple RTP streams are carried over that
path.

This method was selected by the IETF Audio/Video Transport working
group as best satisfying the need for standardized RTP multiplexing
because it preserves full RTP semantics.  Other methods may be more
highly optimized for particular applications by constraining their
applicability, for example to a small set of encodings and a subset of
the RTP semantics.  Those other methods may be more appropriate as
proprietary protocols rather than standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-tcrtp-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-tcrtp-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-tcrtp-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.