Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-guidelines-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:39:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Guidelines for Authors of Extensions to the Session 
                          Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-guidelines-06.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2002-11-8
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a flexible, yet simple tool
for establishing interactive connections across the Internet. Part of
this flexibility is the ease with which it can be extended. In order
to facilitate effective and interoperable extensions to SIP, some
guidelines need to be followed when developing SIP extensions. This
document outlines a set of such guidelines for authors of SIP
extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-guidelines-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-guidelines-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-guidelines-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.