Subject: Protocol Action: Policy Framework LDAP Core Schema to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:38:05 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Policy Framework LDAP Core
Schema' <draft-ietf-policy-core-schema-16.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
This document is the product of the Policy Framework Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
This document defines a mapping of the Policy Core Information Model
to a form that can be implemented in a directory that uses LDAP as its
access protocol. This model defines two hierarchies of object classes:
structural classes representing information for representing and
controlling policy data as specified in [1], and relationship classes
that indicate how instances of the structural classes are related to
each other. Classes are also added to the LDAP schema to improve the
performance of a client's interactions with an LDAP server when the
client is retrieving large amounts of policy-related information. 
These classes exist only to optimize LDAP retrievals: there are no 
classes in the information model that correspond to them.

Working Group Summary

The working group reached consensus on this document as a Proposed
Standard. During IETF Last Call we received initially some technical
concerns, which have been addressed in a few revisions. A remaining
(minority) concern is that some find the DMTF document DSP0123
(which is referenced in a normative way) is not stable enough. Rough
consensus however is that that DMTF document is stable enough for a
Proposed Standard to reference it in a normative way.

Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Kurt D. Zeilenga and Bert 
Wijnen.