Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pessi-calsch-isip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 08:41:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: iCalendar SIP-Based Interoperability Protocol
	Author(s)	: P. Pessi, M. Melam
	Filename	: draft-pessi-calsch-isip-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2002-10-31
	
This document, proposes a binding from the abstract iCalendar
Transport-independent Interoperability Protocol (iTIP) using Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) as transport and SIP/SIPS URIs as
addresses. This document proposes using the XML iCalendar or xCal as
a mandatory payload format with SIP. XML iCalendar is an XML DTD that
corresponds to the iCalendar, Internet Calendaring and Scheduling
Core Object Specification defined by RFC 2445. SIP is a
application-layer signaling protocol for creating, modifying, and
terminating multimedia sessions, retrieving user presence and sending
instant messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pessi-calsch-isip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pessi-calsch-isip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pessi-calsch-isip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.