Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-isomaki-simple-list-man-sem-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:05:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Semantic Description of SIMPLE List Manipulation 
                          Operations
	Author(s)	: M. Isomaki et al.
	Filename	: draft-isomaki-simple-list-man-sem-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2002-11-1
	
In SIMPLE based presence and messaging applications, it is necessary 
for  the user to be able to configure a number of pieces of information. 
One of the most common types of information is a list of URIs. List 
management is useful outside the scope of SIMPLE as well, for instance 
in conferencing. There are many reasons why it would be beneficial to 
manage the lists in a similar fashion regardless of the application. 
Before the selection of the actual protocol(s) to manage the lists there 
is a need to describe their semantics on an abstract level. This 
document proposes the semantics for SIMPLE list manipulation protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-isomaki-simple-list-man-sem-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-isomaki-simple-list-man-sem-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-isomaki-simple-list-man-sem-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.