Subject: RFC 3423 on XACCT's Common Reliable Accounting for Network Element (CRANE) Protocol Specification Version 1.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:19:37 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3423
                            
        Title:      XACCT's Common Reliable Accounting for Network
                    Element (CRANE) Protocol Specification Version 1.0
        Author(s):  K. Zhang, E. Elkin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 97731
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None
                            
        I-D Tag:    draft-kzhang-crane-protocol-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3423.txt

This document defines the Common Reliable Accounting for Network
Element (CRANE) protocol that enables efficient and reliable delivery
of any data, mainly accounting data from Network Elements to any
systems, such as mediation systems and Business Support
Systems (BSS)/ Operations Support Systems (OSS).  The protocol is
developed to address the critical needs for exporting high volume of
accounting data from NE's with efficient use of network, storage, and
processing resources.

This document specifies the architecture of the protocol and the
message format, which MUST be supported by all CRANE protocol
implementations.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.