Subject: Protocol Action: Gateway Control Protocol Version 1 to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:25:39 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Gateway Control Protocol 
Version 1' <draft-ietf-megaco-3015corr-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard. 
This document is the product of the Media Gateway Control Working Group. 
The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
   
This document is intended to replace RFC 3015. It is the result of
continued cooperation between the IETF Megaco Working Group and ITU-T 
Study Group 16. It incorporates the original text of RFC 3015, modified 
by corrections and clarifications discussed on the Megaco E-mail list 
and incorporated into the Study Group 16 Implementor's Guide for 
Recommendation H.248. The present version of this document has undergone 
ITU-T Last Call as Recommendation H.248 Amendment 1. Because of ITU-T 
renumbering, it will be published by the ITU-T as Recommendation H.248.1 
(03/02), Gateway Control Protocol Version 1.

Working Group Summary
   
The megaco working group supported publication of this document.
   
Protocol Quality
   
This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Scott Bradner.