Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 07:33:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Path-coupled and Path-decoupled Signaling for NSIS
	Author(s)	: A. Couturier, O. Schelen
	Filename	: draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2002-11-7
	
The NSIS Work group will develop the requirements, architecture and
protocols for the next IETF steps on signaling.  Two approaches for a
signaling model have been discussed: path-coupled and path-decoupled
(previously denoted as on-path and off-path).  This draft provides a
conceptual comparison between path-coupled and path-decoupled
signaling together with reasons for why an NSIS protocol should be
designed to support both cases.  The collection of data objects to be
carried by the protocol should basically be the same in both cases
and will evolve over time as new usages for NSIS protocol are
identified.  The differences between the two flavors of this NSIS
protocol are then explained.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schelen-nsis-opopsig-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.