Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kempf-mobileip-fmipv6-sem-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:04:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Improving the Architectural Alignment for FMIPv6
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, J. Wood
	Filename	: draft-kempf-mobileip-fmipv6-sem-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2002-11-1
	
The FMIPv6 draft proposes a number of changes in the local link and 
routing information exchange architecture for wireless networks that 
are not quite aligned with standard IETF protocols, including the 
base MIPv6 protocol itself. This draft proposes modifications of 
FMIPv6 to tighten the semantics of anticipated care-of address 
configuration around the prehandover signaling as a logical 
extension of Router Discovery, and around the HI/HAck exchange as a 
logical extension of routing information propagation. It also 
proposes some extensions to Router Discovery for reactive handover 
to piggyback signaling for quickly establishing a tunnel to the 
Previous Access Router on top of standard RFC 2461 Router Discovery 
signaling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mobileip-fmipv6-sem-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kempf-mobileip-fmipv6-sem-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mobileip-fmipv6-sem-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.