Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cha-gsmp-management-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 07:33:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Network Management for GSMP Interface
	Author(s)	: Y. Cha et al.
	Filename	: draft-cha-gsmp-management-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2002-11-7
	
General switch management protocol (GSMP) is an open interface 
between a label switch and a controller, and it provides connection, 
configuration, event, performance management and synchronization. The 
managed objects of RFC 3295 are only defined to configure, monitor 
and maintain the protocol entity. Traditionally, network management 
services are classified into five categories: those are configuration, 
performance, fault, accounting, and security management. These 
services are provided by the network management functions, which can 
be located either in the controller or in the label switch. In the 
GSMP interface, there are no managed objects for the network 
management services and the location of network management functions 
is not clearly defined. We discussed the complexity of switch 
implementation and the efficiency of resource usage according to the 
location of network management functions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cha-gsmp-management-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cha-gsmp-management-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cha-gsmp-management-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.