Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:03:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Proposal for RSVPv2
	Author(s)	: L. Westberg et al.
	Filename	: draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-01.txt
	Pages		: 75
	Date		: 2002-11-1
	
The Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVPv1) has been on the standards
track within the IETF for a number of years.  During that time, the
level of vendor support and deployment has been relatively slow,
despite the desire of many to deploy technology to deliver services
with different levels of quality of service (QoS) to their customers.
The reasons for this are arguably well-understood and documented and
are not the focus of this memo.  This memo seeks to initiate a dialog
about the design of a new version of RSVPv1, which we call RSVPv2.
The RSVPv2 framework could use the combination of two concepts.  The
concept of ALSP (Application Layer Signaling Protocol) and the
concept of Common Signaling Transport Protocol (CSTP).
This memo outlines the motivation for doing this work and provides
design guidelines and specifications for the development of the
RSVPv2 ALSP. RSVPv2 ALSP is an ALSP type that can be a part of the
RSVPv2 framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-westberg-proposal-for-rsvpv2-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.