Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-trossen-seamoby-dycard-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:03:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Dynamic Protocol for Candidate Access-Router 
                          Discovery
	Author(s)	: D. Trossen et al.
	Filename	: draft-trossen-seamoby-dycard-00.txt
	Pages		: 48
	Date		: 2002-11-1
	
Many protocols currently being developed for seamless IP-level
handovers, such as fast handovers and context transfers, possess an
inherent requirement that the mobile node and/or it's current access
router have a priori knowledge concerning the target of the handover.
In particular, the target access router (TAR) should be known to have
the appropriate set of capabilities necessary to meet the requirements
of the mobile node.  Although the TAR selection process occurs at or
near the time of handover, applicable candidate access routers (CARs)
can be identified in advance.  In this draft, we propose a dynamic,
distributed protocol, dyCARD, which allows geographically adjacent
routers to exchange capability information, thus providing critical
information to the target selection process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-trossen-seamoby-dycard-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-trossen-seamoby-dycard-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-trossen-seamoby-dycard-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.