Subject: RFC 3426 on General Architectural and Policy Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:23:32 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3426
                            
        Title:      General Architectural and Policy Considerations
        Author(s):  S. Floyd
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 54868
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None
                            
        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-considerations-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3426.txt

This document suggests general architectural and policy questions
that the IETF community has to address when working on new standards
and protocols.  We note that this document contains questions to be
addressed, as opposed to guidelines or architectural principles to be
followed.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.