Subject: RFC 3393 on IP Packet Delay Variation Metric for IP Performance Metrics (IPPM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:10:40 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3393

        Title:      IP Packet Delay Variation Metric for IP
                    Performance Metrics (IPPM)
        Author(s):  C. Demichelis, P. Chimento
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]                         
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 47731
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None
                         
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-ipdv-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3393.txt

This document refers to a metric for variation in delay of packets
across Internet paths.  The metric is based on the difference in the
One-Way-Delay of selected packets.  This difference in delay is called
"IP Packet Delay Variation (ipdv)".

The metric is valid for measurements between two hosts both in the
case that they have synchronized clocks and in the case that they are
not synchronized.  We discuss both in this document.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.