Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-whetten-rmt-track-pi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 06:29:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TRACK PROTOCOL INSTANTION OVER UDP:TREE ACKNWOLEGEMENT
                          BASED RELIABLE MULTICAST
	Author(s)	: B. Whetten et al.
	Filename	: draft-whetten-rmt-track-pi-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2002-11-5
	
One of the protocol instantiations the RMT WG is chartered to create 
is a TRee-based ACKnowledgement protocol (TRACK).  Rather than create 
a set of monolithic protocol specifications, the RMT WG has chosen to 
break the reliable multicast protocols into Building Blocks (BB) and 
Protocol Instantiations (PI).  A Building Block is a specification of 
the algorithms of a single component, with an abstract interface to 
other BBs and PIs.  A PI combines a set of BBs, adds in the 
additional required functionality not specified in any BB, and 
specifies the specific instantiation of the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-whetten-rmt-track-pi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-whetten-rmt-track-pi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-whetten-rmt-track-pi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.