Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-koh-omcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:04:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Architecture of Overlay Multicast Control Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Koh et al.
	Filename	: draft-koh-omcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2002-11-4
	
This document describes Overlay Multicast Control Protocol (OMCP)
used for realizing and managing Overlay Multicast, as also known as
Application Layer Multicast. Overlay Multicast is a data delivery
scheme for multicast applications, in which one or more intermediate
relay agents are employed for relaying application data from a sender
to many receivers along a pre-configured or automatically configured
tree hierarchy. In OMCP, a special- purpose entity, called Session
Manager, is used to manage and control the  tree configuration and
session monitoring. OMCP is designed to ensure that the multicast
applications and services can be provided over current Internet
environments in which IP multicast has not completely been deployed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koh-omcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-koh-omcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-koh-omcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.