Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-crtp-enhance-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 07:30:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Compressing IP/UDP/RTP headers on links with high 
                          delay,packet loss and reordering
	Author(s)	: T. Koren, S. Casner, J. Geevarghese, 
                          B. Thompson, P. Ruddy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-crtp-enhance-05.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2002-11-7
	
This document describes a header compression scheme for point to 
point links with packet loss and long delays. It is based on 
Compressed Real-time Transport Protocol (CRTP), the IP/UDP/RTP 
header compression described in RFC 2508. CRTP does not perform well 
on such links: packet loss results in context corruption and due to 
the long delay, many more packets are discarded before the context 
is repaired. To correct the behavior of CRTP over such links, a few 
extensions to the protocol are specified here. The extensions aim to 
reduce context corruption by changing the way the compressor updates 
the context at the decompressor: updates are repeated and include 
updates to full and differential context parameters. With these 
extensions, CRTP performs well over links with packet loss, packet 
reordering and long delays.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-crtp-enhance-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-crtp-enhance-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-crtp-enhance-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.