Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sajassi-mvpls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:05:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: VPLS based on IP Multicast
	Author(s)	: A. Sajassi, H. Salama
	Filename	: draft-sajassi-mvpls-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2002-11-1
	
Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) is a type of Layer-2 Provider 
Provisioned Virtual Private Network (L2 PPVPN) offered service, which 
has been described in [PPVPN-FRWK]. If the Service Provider network 
provides IP multicast functionality, then this network capability can 
be leveraged in providing very efficient VPLS service and yet 
simplifying the implementation of such service. This document describes 
a solution for providing VPLS service based on IP multicast feature 
referred to as Multicast Virtual Private LAN Service (MVPLS).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-mvpls-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sajassi-mvpls-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sajassi-mvpls-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.