Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dovolsky-ccamp-ospf-limited-flooding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:06:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Limited Flooding as a scalability improvement to OSPF
	Author(s)	: D. Dovolsky et al.
	Filename	: draft-dovolsky-ccamp-ospf-limited-flooding-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2002-11-4
	
This draft describes a limited flooding approach to address the 
problem of routing scalability in link state IGPs. The solution is 
based on decomposition  of a routing area into 'zones' and the 
restriction of the exchange of routing information between zones.  
This approach introduces an extra level in the isolation of 
knowledge within a routing domain. The advantage of this solution is 
that it considerably decreases the amount of information flooded in 
link state advertisements and reduces the size of the link-state 
database (and traffic engineering entries) on network elements 
utilizing link state protocols.   The technique presented in this 
document has been particularized to OSPF in order to make the 
discussion practical and concrete. However, the underlying concepts 
are very general and similar modifications can be easily applied to 
other IGPs, such as ISIS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dovolsky-ccamp-ospf-limited-flooding-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dovolsky-ccamp-ospf-limited-flooding-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dovolsky-ccamp-ospf-limited-flooding-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.