Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:04:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RADIUS Client Kickstart
	Author(s)	: R. Moskowitz
	Filename	: draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2002-11-1
	
RADIUS servers [2] require foreknowledge of the IP address of the
RADIUS clients, as the shared secret is bound to the address.  This
has been a manageable situation when the clients were just NASs
(Network Access Servers).  With the advent of IEEE 802.1x [3], there
is a significant increase in RADIUS clients in organizations not
prepared to have the clients use fixed IP addresses and manage the
shared secret.  To address the concerns of the IEEE 802.1 and 802.11
Task Groups a level of indirection is added; a Master secret bound
to the name of the RADIUS client.  This Master secret is created by
a Diffie-Hellman exchange.  It is used in an initial RADIUS exchange
to create a session secret that is used as the normal RADIUS client
shared secret.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.