Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-behringer-mpls-security-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:05:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Analysis of the Security of the MPLS Architecture
	Author(s)	: M. Behringer
	Filename	: draft-behringer-mpls-security-03.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2002-11-4
	
This document analyses the security of the BGP/MPLS VPN architecture as 
described in RFC 2547, especially in comparison with other VPN 
technologies such as ATM and Frame Relay. The target audience is 
service providers and VPN users. The document consists of two main 
parts: First the requirements for security in VPN services are defined, 
second MPLS is examined with respect to these requirements.  
 
The analysis shows that MPLS VPN networks can be equally secured as 
traditional layer-2 VPN networks such as ATM and Frame Relay.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-behringer-mpls-security-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-behringer-mpls-security-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-behringer-mpls-security-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.