Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 08:41:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MPLS VPN Authentication
	Author(s)	: M. Behringer, J. Guichard
	Filename	: draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2002-10-31
	
Authentication in current MPLS/VPN networks [RFC2547] is based on 
routing authentication between CE-PE, PE-PE and again PE-CE, which 
authenticates the routing peer and verifies the integrity of routing 
updates from that peer. This does not provide CE-CE authentication. 
Here we propose a CE-CE authentication scheme that combines the three 
separate steps above and protects against misconfiguration of the PE 
routers by the Service Provider on the MPLS network. The proposed 
changes affect only the PE routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-behringer-mpls-vpn-auth-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.