Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pelsser-rsvp-te-interdomain-lsp-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 08:42:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RSVP-TE extensions for interdomain LSPs
	Author(s)	: C. Pelsser, O. Bonaventure
	Filename	: draft-pelsser-rsvp-te-interdomain-lsp-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 54
	Date		: 2002-10-31
	
We propose extensions to RSVP-TE to allow the establishment of
traffic engineered LSPs with fast restoration requirements.  We first
discuss the problem of
establishing explicitly routed interdomain LSPs and show that the
current subobjects found in RSVP-TE are not sufficient to establish
interdomain LSPs because they do not take into account the policy
constraints of the interdomain environment. We then show how to
extend the fast-reroute and detour objects to protect interdomain
links and ASBRs on interdomain LSPs.  We also discuss the
establishment of disjoint interdomain LSPs for restoration and load
balancing purposes in the appendix.  Finally, we describe the
necessary RSVP objects and flags and discuss the  impact of the
proposed solution on the syntax of existing RSVP-TE objects and the
syntax of new required objects are presented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pelsser-rsvp-te-interdomain-lsp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pelsser-rsvp-te-interdomain-lsp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pelsser-rsvp-te-interdomain-lsp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.