Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-bb-webrc-03.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 07:36:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Wave and Equation Based Rate Control building block
	Author(s)	: M. Luby, V. Goyal
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-bb-webrc-03.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2002-11-7
	
Wave and Equation Based Rate Control provides rate and
congestion control for data delivery.  Wave and Equation Based
Rate Control is specifically designed to support protocols
using IP multicast.  It provides multiple rate congestion
controlled delivery to receivers, i.e., different receivers
joined to the same session may be receiving packets at
different rates depending on their individual bandwidth
connection to the sender and on competing traffic along that
connection.  Wave and Equation Based Rate Control requires no
feedback from receivers to the sender, i.e., it is a
completely receiver-driven congestion control protocol.  Thus,
it is designed to scale to potentially massive numbers of
receivers attached to a session from a single sender.
Furthermore, because each individual receiver adjusts to the
available bandwidth between the sender and that receiver,
there is the potential to deliver data to each individual
receiver at the fastest possible rate for that receiver, even
in a highly heterogeneous network architecture, using a single
sender.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-webrc-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-bb-webrc-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-webrc-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.