Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xdlee-cnnamestr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:14:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Chinese Name String in Search-based access model for  
                          the DNS
	Author(s)	: X. Lee, Y. Wang
	Filename	: draft-xdlee-cnnamestr-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2002-11-25
	
There are many requirements of developing internationalized and 
human-readable Internet identifiers/names now, thereby there are many 
systems based on DNS technology to meet such requirements. John C. 
Klensin has proposed a three-layer search-based access model for the DNS 
[DNSSEARCH]; this paper is only to explain some related problems 
mentioned in John C. Klensin's proposal. Especially it focuses on 
Traditional and Simplified Chinese problems and some other special 
Chinese requirements. 

The ultimate goal for any kinds of search-based access system is to help 
users to access network resources in more natural ways, which have 
different meaning for different user groups. On the premise of respecting Chinese user's language convention, it is very important for a valuable and human-friendly system to deal with traditional and simplified Chinese equivalence problems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xdlee-cnnamestr-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-xdlee-cnnamestr-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xdlee-cnnamestr-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.