Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ernst-nemo-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 08:41:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Network Mobility Support Requirements
	Author(s)	: T. Ernst
	Filename	: draft-ernst-nemo-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2002-10-31
	
The purpose of traditional mobility support is to provide continuous
Internet connectivity to mobile hosts only (host mobility support).
In contrast, network mobility support (NEMO support) deals with
situations where an entire network changes its point of attachment to
the Internet and thus its reachability in the topology. In this
situation, mobility support is to provide continuous Internet
sessions not only to the router connecting the mobile network to the
global Internet, but also to nodes behind the mobile router. This
document tries to identify what constraints limit the implementation
and the deployment of a potentially and ideally good solution, and
what requirements solutions must comply with. Our main aim is to
raise the discussion on the mailing list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ernst-nemo-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ernst-nemo-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ernst-nemo-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.