Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-declercq-vsn-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 10:03:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An architecture for a gradual deployment of end-to-end
                          QoS on an Internet-wide scale (Virtual Service-aware 
                          Network)
	Author(s)	: J. De Clercq et al.
	Filename	: draft-declercq-vsn-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2002-11-1
	
This document introduces Virtual Service-aware Networks (VSNs) as a
solution for inter-domain resource reservation with Quality-of-
Service (QoS) on an Internet-wide scale. A VSN is a single-domain
overlay network that consists of guaranteed QoS pipes. VSNs of
neighboring domains that offer the same level of QoS establish
peering relationships. As such, they form a network of QoS-enabled
networks with a specific (QoS) routing context. In this network,
admission control for traffic flows is performed in two phases. The
two-phase approach allows for the use of an off-path signaling
protocol, which enables the gradual introduction of this
architecture without changing the existing routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-declercq-vsn-arch-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-declercq-vsn-arch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-declercq-vsn-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.