Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kim-ccamp-cc-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:18:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements of Control Channels Protection Protocol 
                          in GMPLS
	Author(s)	: Y. Kim et al.
	Filename	: draft-kim-ccamp-cc-protection-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2002-11-21
	
This document proposes a protocol used to protect control channels 
between adjacent nodes in GMPLS. Control channels are used to carry 
several control packets that include signaling related, routing  
related, or link management related information. The protocol may 
be used not in in-fiber(or in-band) network configurations but in  
out-of-fiber(or out-of-band) network configurations. 
Because this proposal is a first document for specifying the protocol 
used to protect control channels, it has no full contents for the 
specification to be proposed. Instead, this document focuses on basic
concepts, necessity and requirements to be analyzed for protecting  
control channels. If we agree with this proposal including necessity  
and requirements for protecting control channels, we may proceed  
further works for the protection of control channels.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kim-ccamp-cc-protection-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kim-ccamp-cc-protection-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kim-ccamp-cc-protection-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.