Subject: RFC 3337 on Class Extensions for PPP over Asynchronous Transfer Mode Adaptation Layer 2 (AAL2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:17:15 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3337
                                    
        Title:      Class Extensions for PPP over Asynchronous
                    Transfer Mode Adaptation Layer 2
        Author(s):  B. Thompson, T. Koren, B. Buffam
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14911
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None
                                    
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pppext-ppp-over-aal2-class-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3337.txt

The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) over Asynchronous Transfer Mode
(ATM) Adaptation Layer 2 defines the encapsulation that allows a PPP
session to be transported over an ATM virtual circuit using the ATM
Adaptation Layer 2 (AAL2) adaptation layer.  This document defines a
set of class extensions to PPP over AAL2 that implement equivalent
functionality to Multi Class Multi Link PPP over a single ATM virtual
circuit.  Instead of using Multi Link PPP as the basis for
fragmentation functionality, this document uses the functionality of
the Segmentation and Reassembly Service Specific Convergence Sublayer
that is already required as the basic encapsulation format of PPP over
AAL2.

This document is a product of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.