Subject: Protocol Action: IMAP4 Binary Content Extension to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 15:11:20 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IMAP4 Binary Content 
Extension" <draft-nerenberg-imap-binary-07.txt> as a Proposed 
Standard. This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product 
of an IETF Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and 
Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary

This memo defines the BINARY extension to the Internet Message Access 
Protocol [IMAP4rev1]. It provides a mechanism for IMAP4 clients and 
servers to exchange message body data without using a MIME 
content-transfer-encoding.

Working Group Summary

This specification has been reviewed in both the IMAPEXT and VPIM 
working groups.

Protocol Quality

Ned Freed reviewed this document for the IESG.

RFC Editor note:

 The <section-binary> production now includes surrounding square brackets 
 so the subsection title of "BINARY.SIZE[<section-binary>]" in section 6.3 
 needs to be changed to read "BINARY.SIZE<section-binary>".