Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-multicast-issues-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:36:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IP Multicast issues with IPsec
	Author(s)	: M. Baugher, R. Canetti, T. Hardjono, B. Weis
	Filename	: draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-multicast-issues-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2002-12-23
	
The IPsec Architecture [RFC2401] and IPsec transform RFCs [RFC2402, 
RFC2406] define certain mechanisms for IP multicast traffic. The 
recent revisions to each of the protocol documents [ESPbis, AHbis] 
propose changes to those semantics. However, neither the existing 
nor proposed semantics are sufficiently general such that IPsec can 
be used to protect the wide variety of IPv4 and IPv6 multicast 
applications that are expected by the IP multicast community. In 
particular, they are not compatible with the needs of the protocols 
developed in the MSEC WG and for Source Specific Multicast [RFC3376, 
SSM-ARCH]. This document reviews these semantics and proposes some 
minor changes, which would enable IPsec to be suitable for these 
uses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-multicast-issues-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-multicast-issues-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-multicast-issues-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.