Subject: BCP 67, RFC 3427 on Change Process for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:37:48 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 67
        RFC 3427
                                      
        Title:      Change Process for the Session Initiation Protocol
                    (SIP)
        Author(s):  A. Mankin, S. Bradner, R. Mahy, D. Willis, J. Ott,
                    B. Rosen
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       December 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26234
        SeeAlso:    BCP 67
                                      
        I-D Tag:    draft-tsvarea-sipchange-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3449.txt

This memo documents a process intended to apply architectural
discipline to the future development of the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP).  There have been concerns with regards to new SIP
proposals.  Specifically, that the addition of new SIP features can be
damaging towards security and/or greatly increase the complexity of
the protocol.  The Transport Area directors, along with the SIP and
Session Initiation Proposal Investigation (SIPPING) working group
chairs, have provided suggestions for SIP modifications and
extensions.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.