Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-acap-abook-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 07:51:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application Configuration Access Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ACAP Personal Addressbook Dataset Class
	Author(s)	: C. Newman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-acap-abook-03.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2002-11-27
	
Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) allows nomadic users to
access their mail store from any client, but it does not support
storage of personal addressbooks.  Application Configuration Access
Protocol (ACAP) provides a mechanism for storage of personal
addressbooks.  While ACAP permits the definition of vendor specific
solutions to this problem, having a documented addressbook dataset
class permits clients from different vendors to interoperably share
the same personal addressbooks.  This specification defines an ACAP
dataset class for personal addressbooks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-abook-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-acap-abook-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-abook-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.