Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ramalho-rgl-rtpformat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 08:00:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MPLS Inter-AS Traffic Engineering requirements
	Author(s)	: M. Ramalho
	Filename	: draft-ramalho-rgl-rtpformat-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2002-12-6
	
This document discusses Service Providers requirements for the 
support of inter-AS MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS TE).  The main 
objectives of this document are to present a set of requirements 
and applicable deployment cases which would result in some general 
guidelines in the definition, selection and specification 
development for a technical solution meeting these requirements 
that will be covered in a separate draft.
The document will first discuss issues in current BGP-based inter-
AS traffic engineering practices in supporting QoS-enabled paths 
across multi-ASes, hence arrive at the requirement for extending 
the current MPLS TE mechanism beyond BGP AS boundaries.  A set of 
application scenarios will also be presented as potential 
deployment cases of inter-AS MPLS TE.  A list of detailed 
requirements along with the evaluation criteria for a technical 
solution is also provided.
Discussions presented here will cover inter-AS TE in both IPv4 and 
VPNv4 addressing planes.  Information regarding VPNv4 addressing 
plane over BGP/MPLS VPNs is detailed in [PPVPN-RFC2547bis].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ramalho-rgl-rtpformat-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ramalho-rgl-rtpformat-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ramalho-rgl-rtpformat-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.