Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 07:59:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fault Notification Protocol for GMPLS-Based Recovery
	Author(s)	: R. Rabbat et al.
	Filename	: draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2002-12-2
	
This draft describes a fault notification protocol to be used in 
recovery mechanisms in GMPLS-based networks.  This protocol achieves 
bounded time activation of protection paths in the case of single 
failures, based on constrained protection/restoration path routing 
and requirements on the nodes in terms of physical capabilities, 
mainly the ability to switch Label Switched Paths simultaneously and 
the control plane delay characteristics.  The draft proposal presents 
a complete solution to the problem and justifies choices made for the 
notification method, extensions required to current algorithms and 
protocols, in addition to a discussion of security and deployment 
issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.