Subject: Protocol Action: Signalling Unnumbered Links in CR-LDP to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:05:35 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Signalling Unnumbered Links 
in CR-LDP' <draft-ietf-mpls-crldp-unnum-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard. 
This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching 
Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Scott Bradner and Bert 
Wijnen.

 Technical Summary
   
     This document defines procedures and extensions to Constraint-Routing 
     Label Distribution Protocol (CR-LDP), one of the MPLS TE signaling 
     protocols, that are needed in order to support unnumbered links.

     Supporting MPLS TE over unnumbered links (i.e., links that do not 
     have IP addresses) involves two components: (a) the ability to carry 
     traffic engineering (TE) information about unnumbered links in IGP TE 
     extensions (ISIS or OSPF), and (b) the ability to specify unnumbered 
     links in MPLS TE signaling. The focus of this document is on the 
     latter.
   
 Working Group Summary
   
   The MPLS working group supported publication of this document.
   
 Protocol Quality
   
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Scott Bradner.