Subject: Protocol Action: Time to Live (TTL) Processing in MPLS Networks (Updates RFC 3032) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:04:16 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Time to Live (TTL) Processing
in MPLS Networks (Updates RFC 3032)' <draft-ietf-mpls-ttl-04.txt> as a
Proposed Standard. This document is the product of the Multiprotocol
Label Switching Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Bert
Wijnen and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
  This document describes Time To Live (TTL) processing in hierarchical
  MPLS networks. It updates RFC 3032 "MPLS Label Stack Encoding". TTL
  processing in both pipe and uniform model hierarchical tunnels are
  specified with examples for both "push" and "pop" cases. The document
  also complements RFC 3270 "MPLS Support of Differentiated Services"
  and ties together the terminology introduced in that document with
  TTL processing in hierarchical MPLS networks.

Working Group Summary

  The working group supported publication of this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Scott Bradner.