Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gopinath-ipv6-hostname-auto-reg-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 07:35:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Hostname auto-registration Procedure
	Author(s)	: S. Rao, K. Ettikan
	Filename	: draft-gopinath-ipv6-hostname-auto-reg-02.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2002-12-3
	
This document describes a new method, which will automatically 
acquire the host name of active IPv6 nodes and register it to the 
local Domain Name System (DNS) server. Active IPv6 nodes are nodes 
that are connected to a network. 
Our proposed new method [6] will automatically learn some useful 
information from all the IPv6 nodes, such as the host name and the 
IP address. The Agent using a new method will keep all the 
information that is send by the nodes. The Resolver will add the 
host name together with the IPv6 address to the DNS. This will be 
implemented without the need for any changes at the clients' site.  
The objective of this document is to specify a new procedure and 
also the algorithm used in the procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gopinath-ipv6-hostname-auto-reg-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gopinath-ipv6-hostname-auto-reg-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gopinath-ipv6-hostname-auto-reg-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.