Subject: RFC 3410 on Introduction and Applicability Statements for Internet Standard Management Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:06:04 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3410
                                      
        Title:      Introduction and Applicability Statements for
                    Internet-Standard Management Framework
        Author(s):  J. Case, R. Mundy, D. Partain, B. Stewart
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 61461
        Obsoletes:  2570
                                      
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-snmpv3-rfc2570bis-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3410.txt

The purpose of this document is to provide an overview of the third
version of the Internet-Standard Management Framework, termed
the SNMP version 3 Framework (SNMPv3).  This Framework is derived
from and builds upon both the original Internet-Standard Management
Framework (SNMPv1) and the second Internet-Standard Management
Framework (SNMPv2).

The architecture is designed to be modular to allow the evolution of
the Framework over time.

The document explains why using SNMPv3 instead of SNMPv1 or SNMPv2 is
strongly recommended.  The document also recommends that RFCs 1157,
1441, 1901, 1909 and 1910 be retired by moving them to Historic
status.  This document obsoletes RFC 2570.

This document is a product of the SNMPv3 Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet-standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.