Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sun-handle-system-def-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 07:52:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Handle System Namespace and Service Definition
	Author(s)	: S. Sun, S. Reilly, L. Lannom
	Filename	: draft-sun-handle-system-def-07.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2002-11-27
	
The Handle System is a general-purpose global name service that 
allows secured name resolution and administration over the public 
Internet. This document provides a detailed description of the 
Handle System namespace, and its data, service, and operation 
models. The namespace definition specifies the handle syntax and 
its semantic structure. The data model defines the data structures 
used by the handle system protocol and any pre-defined data types 
for carrying out the handle service. The service model provides 
definitions of various Handle System components and explains how 
they work together over the network. Finally, the handle system 
operation model describes its service operation in terms of 
messages transmitted between client and server, and the client 
authentication process based on the handle system authentication 
protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sun-handle-system-def-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sun-handle-system-def-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sun-handle-system-def-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.