Subject: RFC 3430 on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) over Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) Transport Mapping

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:35:09 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3430
                                      
        Title:      Simple Network Management Protocol Over
                    Transmission Control Protocol Transport Mapping
        Author(s):  J. Schoenwaelder
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       December 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21527
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None
                                      
        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-snmp-tcp-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3430.txt

This memo defines a transport mapping for using the Simple Network
Management Protocol (SNMP) over TCP.  The transport mapping can be
used with any version of SNMP.  This document extends the transport
mappings defined in STD 62, RFC 3417.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.