Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hwang-rohc-mipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 07:59:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Compression 
                          Profile for Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: H. Wang et al.
	Filename	: draft-hwang-rohc-mipv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2002-12-2
	
The original RObust Header Compression (ROHC) RFC, RFC 3095, defines
a framework for header compression, along with compression protocols
(profiles) for IP/UDP/RTP, IP/ESP, IP/UDP, and also for uncompressed
packet streams.  And another draft [IPPROFILE] posted by Jonsson
deals with the IP only profile.  However, no profile was defined for
compression of IP extension headers.  But in the coming wireless
applications, mobile IP will play an important role.  In mobile IPv4,
there is no difference to the packet's IP header, so we don't have to
make a profile for mobile IPv4; while as to mobile IPv6[MIPV6], there
is difference, since some specific IPv6 extension headers will be
included in almost every packet in the mobile IPv6 packets.  The
extension headers will also cost a lot of bandwidth, and we should do
compression over them.  This document addresses this issue and
defines a ROHC compression profile for mobile IPv6, which may work as
a complementarity to the profiles defined by RFC3095.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hwang-rohc-mipv6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hwang-rohc-mipv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hwang-rohc-mipv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.