Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv6-spec-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 08:03:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol for IPv6
	Author(s)	: R. Hinden
	Filename	: draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv6-spec-03.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2002-12-6
	
This memo defines the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) for
IPv6.  It is version three (3) of the protocol.  It is based on the
original version of VRRP (version 2) for IPv4 that is defined in
RFC2338.
VRRP specifies an election protocol that dynamically assigns
responsibility for a virtual router to one of the VRRP routers on a
LAN.  The VRRP router controlling the IP address associated with a
virtual router is called the Master, and forwards packets sent to
this IP address.  The election process provides dynamic fail over in
the forwarding responsibility should the Master become unavailable.
The advantage gained from using VRRP for IPv6 is a quicker switch
over to back up routers than can be obtained with standard IPv6
Neighbor Discovery [ND] mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv6-spec-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv6-spec-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vrrp-ipv6-spec-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.