Subject: RFC 3409 on Lower Layer Guidelines for Robust RTP/UDP/IP Header Compression

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:22:22 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3409
       
        Title:      Lower Layer Guidelines for Robust RTP/UDP/IP
                    Header Compression
        Author(s):  K. Svanbro
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 25815
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None
       
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lower-guidelines-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3409.txt

This document describes lower layer guidelines for robust header
compression (ROHC) and the requirements ROHC puts on lower layers.
The purpose of this document is to support the incorporation of robust
header compression algorithms, as specified in the ROHC working group,
into different systems such as those specified by Third Generation
Partnership Project (3GPP), 3GPP Project 2 (3GPP2), European Technical
Standards Institute (ETSI), etc.  This document covers only lower
layer guidelines for compression of RTP/UDP/IP and UDP/IP headers as
specified in [RFC3095].  Both general guidelines and guidelines
specific for cellular systems are discussed in this document.

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.