Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kulkarni-mobileip-dynamic-assignment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:56:12 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv4 Dynamic Home Agent Assignment Framework
	Author(s)	: M. Kulkarni, A. Patel, K. Leung
	Filename	: draft-kulkarni-mobileip-dynamic-assignment-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2003-1-23
	
Mobile IP (RFC 3344) uses the Home Agent (HA) to anchor 
sessions of a roaming Mobile Node (MN).  The distance between a 
MN and HA affects the latency for control and data traffic. 
When the distance between the MN and HA is large, the resulting 
latency may be unacceptable. Therefore, it is advantageous to 
select a nearest HA to the MN during initial registration.  
There are other reasons for assigning an optimal HA beyond just 
locality, such as administrative policies, load balancing etc. 
         
        This draft proposes a generic lightweight dynamic home agent 
        assignment framework. The goal of the framework is to provide a 
        mechanism to assign an optimal HA for a Mobile IP session while 
        allowing any suitable method for HA assignment. The mobile node 
        uses NAI extension for home address assignment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kulkarni-mobileip-dynamic-assignment-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kulkarni-mobileip-dynamic-assignment-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kulkarni-mobileip-dynamic-assignment-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.