Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:35:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multihoming in IPv6 by multiple announcements of 
                          longer prefixes
	Author(s)	: K. Lindqvist
	Filename	: draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-1-10
	
In the current IP version 4 Internet, many organizations that are not
Internet Service Providers are still getting their Internet
connectivity through multiple providers by having address space that
are announced via multiple paths.  This is commonly referred to as
multihoming.  For the IP version 6 Internet, there have long been a
debate as to how to achieve the same effect.  This document addresses
these issues by highlighting some of the current policies and how
these can be used to achive multihoming for IP version 6 connected
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.