Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-barkai-scmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:49:49 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Service Centric Management (SCM)
	Author(s)	: S. Barkai, G. Stupp
	Filename	: draft-barkai-scmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-1-7
	
With the proliferation of IP based internetworking services to mass
business and consumer markets carriers are faced with operational
challenges in an extent never before experienced in previous LAN MAN
or WAN environments.  To accommodate these new internetworking envi-
ronments, carrier workflow management applications for service Ful-
fillment, Assurance, and Billing (FAB) need to undergo major a tran-
sition.  In essence applications need to transition from being per
technology centric to being service centric, as historic correspon-
dence between technology and service is no longer true. Applications
do not need to change in nature, since they still need to support
inventory, CRM, order and other workflows.  However, applications
need to include a service centric aspect as basis for these work-
flows.
Service Centric solutions can be shared by a wide range of management
and workflow applications, rather than be re-invented by each one.
Service Centric Management solutions must be distributed in order to
cope with the massive scale and complexity challenges of the underly-
ing networks.  Service Centric Management Protocol (SCMP) and distri-
bution should be standardized to facilitate multi-vendor interoper-
ability in this emerging space, allow for potential future embedding
within NE, and to allow for Service Centric Management primitives to
extend across Inter Carrier Interfaces (ICI) and inner carrier regu-
latory bounds.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barkai-scmp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-barkai-scmp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-barkai-scmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.