Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lonvick-sobgp-radius-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:56:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RADIUS Attributes for soBGP Support
	Author(s)	: C. Lonvick
	Filename	: draft-lonvick-sobgp-radius-02.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2003-1-23
	
This document defines a set of RADIUS attributes designed to support
the provisioning of the soBGP protocol.  A router will encapsulate
the components of an AuthCert or PolicyCert into TLVs and transport
them to a centralized server capable of verifying the associated
signature.
This draft goes along with other IDs submitted for Secure Origin BGP
(soBGP) both of which are edited by James Ng and Russ White.  draft-
white-sobgp-bgp-deployment-00.txt [1], draft-ng-sobgp-bgp-extensions-
00.txt [2] Mostly this work relates to 'Extensions to BGP to Support
Secure Origin BGP (soBGP)' and is explained in additional detail in
'Deployment Considerations for Secure Origin BGP (soBGP)'.  The
purpose of this draft is to explain the concept of offloading the
Authcert validation steps, and the Entitycert storage, from the
router.  RADIUS may not be the best way to do this but it's the best
that I know of at this moment.  Once the concepts of soBGP are
discussed, the transport to support offload should be reviewed and a
proper mechanism should be chosen.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lonvick-sobgp-radius-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lonvick-sobgp-radius-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lonvick-sobgp-radius-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.