Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-ipaddressassign-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 08:29:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A  Flexible Method for Managing the Assignment of 
                          Bites of an IPv6 Address Block
	Author(s)	: M. Blanchet
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-ipaddressassign-06.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-1-6
	
This document proposes a method to manage the assignment of bits of
an IPv6 address block or range.  When an organisation needs to make
an address plan for its subnets or when an ISP needs to make an
address plan for its customers, this method enables the organisation
to postpone the final decision on the number of bits to partition in
the address space they have.  It does it by keeping the bits around
the borders of the partition to be free as long as possible.  This
scheme is applicable to any bits addressing scheme using bits with
partitions in the space, but its first intended use is for IPv6.  It
is a generalization of RFC1219 and can be used for IPv6 assignments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-ipaddressassign-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-ipaddressassign-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-ipaddressassign-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.