Subject: IETF liaison to ICANN Board

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:13:16 -0500

The IAB has nominated Geoff Huston and Mike St Johns to
the proposed ICANN Technical Liaison Group (TLG),
following on from their work on the (now defunct) ICANN
PSO PC.

Also, as noted at the IAB plenary at IETF55 in Atlanta, under
the new by-laws of ICANN, the IETF is also expected to appoint a 
non-voting liaison to the ICANN Board of Trustees.
This person is expected to attend or be available for information
exchange at ICANN Board meetings, and carry official liaison
statements between the IETF and ICANN.  The person will report back to 
the IAB regularly.

The IAB will appoint an initial liaison no later than its
February teleconference (February 11, 2003).  Suggestions of
people the IAB should consider are welcome -- please send names
(and contact information) of people willing and able to serve
to [email-masked] by January 26, 2003.

Leslie Daigle