Subject: Last Call: Draft of agreement between ISOC/IETF and SO/IEC JTC1/SC6 on IS-IS protocol development to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 17:22:22 -0500

The IESG has received a request to consider Draft of agreement between 
ISOC/IETF and SO/IEC JTC1/SC6 on IS-IS protocol development 
<draft-zinin-ietf-jtc1-aggr-01.txt> as a Informational.  This has been 
reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working Group.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the 
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2003-2-7.

Files can be obtained via 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zinin-ietf-jtc1-aggr-01.txt

This Internet Draft documents proposed text of an agreement between 
ISOC/IETF and ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 regarding cooperative development of 
the IS-IS routing protocol extensions.

For a long time there has been no guidelines on how the two 
organizations should work together and separate their IS-IS related 
work scopes. This resulted in a confusion where the IETF did not put 
Internet-related extensions of the protocol on its standards track, 
and there was no authority maintaining the IS-IS namespace. The 
agreement between the two organizations is an attempt to resolve this 
situation.

This Internet Draft does not propose any changes to IETF processes or 
priorities. It describes (among other things) how the IETF processes 
are applied to the IS-IS protocol extensions. The IESG is issuing this 
Last-Call for review by the IETF community to ensure that the 
community is comfortable with the description of the proposed 
collaboration between the two organizations.