Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-salowey-eap-protectedtlv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:47:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Protected EAP TLV
	Author(s)	: J. Salowey
	Filename	: draft-salowey-eap-protectedtlv-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-1-17
	
EAP type-length-value (TLV) message types provide a mechanism for 
encapsulating additional information in an EAP conversation.  In some 
cases it is useful to cryptographically protect this information to 
maintain the integrity and/or privacy of the communication.  This 
document defines a TLV type that uses message authentication to 
maintain the integrity of the data, encryption to protect the privacy 
of the data and sequence numbers to protect replays or re-sequencing 
of the data. Although protected TLVs must be chained after an 
authentication mechanism that generates key material the protection 
mechanism is independent of any particular authentication mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salowey-eap-protectedtlv-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-salowey-eap-protectedtlv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-salowey-eap-protectedtlv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.