Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:46:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Limiting the Rate of Event 
                          Notifications
	Author(s)	: A. Niemi
	Filename	: draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-reqs-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-1-22
	
All event packages are required to specify a maximum rate at which
event notifications are generated by a single notifier.  Such a limit
is provided in order to reduce network congestion.  In addition to
the fixed limits introduced by specific event packages, further
mechanisms for limiting the rate of event notification are also
allowed to be defined by event package specifications but none have
been specified so far.  This memo discusses the requirements for a
throttle mechanism that allows a subscriber to further limit the rate
of event notification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-reqs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-reqs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-reqs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.