Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-manner-lrsvp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 07:57:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Localized RSVP
	Author(s)	: J. Manner et al.
	Filename	: draft-manner-lrsvp-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-1-14
	
Guaranteed QoS for multimedia applications is based on reserved
resources in each node on the end-to-end path. Even if the
correspondent node does not support QoS, it would be useful to be
able to reserve at least local resources at the access network,
especially wireless link resources. Additionally, for mobile nodes
the continuity of QoS is disturbed due to end-to-end signalling or
slow re-reservations of resources after each handover. This draft
proposes a simple enhancement to RSVP, so that initial resource
reservations and re-reservations due to host mobility can be done
locally in an access network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manner-lrsvp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-manner-lrsvp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-manner-lrsvp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.