Subject: RFC 3101 on The OSPF Not-So-Stubby Area (NSSA) Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:11:00 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3101

        Title:      The OSPF Not-So-Stubby Area (NSSA) Option
        Author(s):  P. Murphy
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 76243
        Obsoletes:  1587

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-nssa-update-11.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3101.txt

This memo documents an optional type of Open Shortest Path First
(OSPF) area that is somewhat humorously referred to as a
"not-so-stubby" area (or NSSA).  NSSAs are similar to the existing
OSPF stub area configuration option but have the additional capability
of importing AS external routes in a limited fashion.

The OSPF NSSA Option was originally defined in RFC 1587.  The
functional differences between this memo and RFC 1587 are explained
in Appendix F.  All differences, while expanding capability, are
backward-compatible in nature.  Implementations of this memo and of
RFC 1587 will interoperate.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.