Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-pdu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:07:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Remote Network Monitoring Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Real-time Application Quality of Service Monitoring 
                         (RAQMON) Protocol Data Unit (PDU)
	Author(s)	: A. Siddiqui et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-pdu-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2003-1-15
	
This memo defines a common protocol data unit (PDU) used between
RAQMON Data Source (RDS) and RAQMON Report Collector (RRC) to report
a QOS statistics using RTCP and SNMP as Transport Protocol.
The original RAQMON draft [SIDDIQUI3] was split into 3 parts to
identify the RAQMON Framework, RAQMON QOS PDU and RAQMON MIB.
This memo defined RAQMON QOS Protocol Data Unit (PDU). This memo also
outlines mechanisms to use Real Time Transport Control Protocol
(RTCP) and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to transport
these PDUs between RAQMON Data Source (RDS) and RAQMON Report
Collector (RRC) as outlined in RAQMON Charter of the RMON Workgroup.
The memo [SIDDIQUI2] defines a Real-Time Application QOS Monitoring
(RAQMON) Framework that extends the RMON Framework to allow Real-time
Application QoS information as outlined by RAQMON Charter of the RMON
Workgroup.
The memo [SIDDIQUI1] defines a portion of the Management Information
Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
community. The document proposes an extension to the Remote
Monitoring MIB [RFC2819] to accommodate RAQMON solution.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-pdu-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-pdu-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmonmib-raqmon-pdu-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.