Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:36:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol
	Author(s)	: C. Kaufman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-04.txt
	Pages		: 74
	Date		: 2003-1-9
	
This document describes version 2 of the IKE (Internet Key Exchange)
protocol.  IKE performs mutual authentication and establishes an IKE
security association that can be used to efficiently establish SAs
for ESP and/or AH. This version greatly simplifies IKE by replacing
the 8 possible phase 1 exchanges with a single exchange based on
either public signature keys or shared secret keys.  The single
exchange provides identity hiding, yet works in 2 round trips (all
the identity hiding exchanges in IKE v1 required 3 round trips).
Latency of setup of an IPsec SA is further reduced from IKEv1 by
allowing setup of an SA for ESP and/or AH to be piggybacked on the
initial IKE exchange.  It also improves security by allowing the
Responder to be stateless until it can be assured that the Initiator
can receive at the claimed IP source address.  This version also
presents the entire protocol in a single self-contained document, in
contrast to IKEv1, in which the protocol was described in ISAKMP (RFC
2408), IKE (RFC 2409), and the DOI (RFC 2407) documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.