Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-estrela-timip-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:47:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Terminal Independent Mobile IP (TIMIP)
	Author(s)	: P. Estrela et al.
	Filename	: draft-estrela-timip-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2003-1-17
	
All IP mobility protocols currently proposed on the IETF assume that 
the mobile nodes always have a mobility-aware IP stack, which is 
still a scenario that can seldom be found nowadays. Most terminals, 
including the laptops and PDAs which most would benefit of the 
mobility support, still use legacy IP stacks, limiting their use to 
layer-2 mobility within a single IP subnet.  
This document presents Terminal Independent Mobile IP (TIMIP), which 
supports IP micro-mobility of all possible existing legacy IP 
terminals, while fully interoperating with Mobile IP to provide 
macromobility across IP subnets for all terminals.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-estrela-timip-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-estrela-timip-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-estrela-timip-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.