Subject: Document Action: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:21:00 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'CR-LDP Extensions for ASON' 
<draft-aboulmagd-ccamp-crldp-ason-ext-02.txt> as an Informational RFC.
This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF 
Working Group.  The IESG contact person is Scott Bradner.

RFC Editor Note: 
Background:

We want to make it clear that the purpose of the document is to document 
some IANA allocation of code points, and not something which can be 
misconstrued as a specification of the protocol. 

Notes-for-RFC-Editor: 
Change title from

	CR-LDP Extensions for ASON 
to
	Documentation of IANA assignments for CR-LDP Extensions 
	for Automatic Switched Optical Network (ASON)

Add text to the end of the abstract. 
So last sentence of abstract:

	(GMPLS) work. This document describes Constraint Route Label 
	Distribution Protocol (CR-LDP) extensions for use across ASON 
	reference points.

to be replaced with:

	(GMPLS) work. This document describes Constraint Route Label 
	Distribution Protocol (CR-LDP) extensions for use across ASON 
	reference points for the purpose of the IANA making code point 
	assignments. The protocols that specify the use of these 
	extensions are described in ITU-T documents.

Change the last paragraph in the introduction from

	This draft introduces those CR-LDP extensions that are specific to 
	ASON. This draft should be considered in junction with RFC 3036 [4], 
	RFC 3212 [3], and CR-LDP extensions for GMPLS [5]. 
to

	This document introduces those CR-LDP extensions that are specific to 
	ASON and requests IANA allocation of code points for these extensions. 
	The document does not specify how these extensions are used; that is 
	the subject of ITU-T documents G.7713 [2] and G.7713.2 [8]. 
	This document should be considered in conjunction with RFC 3036 [4], 
	RFC 3212 [3], and CR-LDP extensions for GMPLS [5].

In the references section, Change

	6 B. Rajagopalan, User Network Interface (UNI) 1.0 Signaling 
	Specification, OIF-UNI-01.1, October 2001.

into

	6 UNI 1.0 Signaling Specification, The Optical Internetworking 
	Forum, <http://www.oiforum.com/public/UNI_1.0_ia.html>

In the references section add a new reference

	8 Distributed Call and Connection Management using GMPLS CR-LDP 
	G.7713.3