Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-burger-sipping-netann-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 06:53:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Basic Network Media Services with SIP
	Author(s)	: J. Van Dyke, E. Burger, A. Spitzer
	Filename	: draft-burger-sipping-netann-04.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2003-1-28
	
In SIP-based networks, there is a need to provide basic network media
services.  Such services include network announcements, user
interaction, and conferencing services.  These services are basic
building blocks, from which one can construct interesting
applications.  In order to have interoperability between servers
offering these building blocks (also known as Media Servers) and
application developers, one needs to be able to locate and invoke
such services in a well-defined manner.
This document describes a mechanism for providing an interoperable
protocol interface between Application Servers, which provide
application services to SIP-based networks, and Media Servers, which
provide the basic media processing building blocks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-netann-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-burger-sipping-netann-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-burger-sipping-netann-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.