Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-multi6-asn-pi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:51:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multihoming Using IPv6 Addressing Derived from AS    
                          Numbers
	Author(s)	: P. Savola
	Filename	: draft-savola-multi6-asn-pi-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-1-30
	
In IPv6, the current IPv4 site multihoming practises have been
operationally disabled, to prevent a creation of an unmanageable
swamp of more specific routes.  Some argue that the lack of a
comprehensive site multihoming solution is hindering the deployment
of IPv6.  This memo presents a few proposals for end-sites with
autonomous system (AS) number to be able to derive a provider
independent block of addresses from the first half of the 16-bit AS-
number space.  This could enable a temporary IPv6 site multihoming
solution for those that already employ similar mechanisms in IPv4.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-multi6-asn-pi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-savola-multi6-asn-pi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-savola-multi6-asn-pi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.