Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dupont-transient-pseudonat-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 08:29:12 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Transient pseudo-NAT attacks or how NATs are even more
                          evil than you believed
	Author(s)	: F. Dupont, J. Bernard
	Filename	: draft-dupont-transient-pseudonat-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2003-1-6
	
When a 'NAT traversal' capability is added to a class of signaling
protocols which can control some traffic aggregation points, an
attack based on a temporary access to the path followed by messages
exists.
Mobile IP [1] with NAT traversal [5] or IKE [2] with NAT
traversal [6], including the IKEv2 [7] proposal, are potentially
affected by this kind of attacks.
This document claims this vulnerability is an intrinsic property
of the NAT traversal capability, so is another point where the
usage of NATs is very damaging.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dupont-transient-pseudonat-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dupont-transient-pseudonat-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dupont-transient-pseudonat-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.