Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lange-flexible-bgp-communities-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:16:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Flexible BGP Communities
	Author(s)	: A. Lange
	Filename	: draft-lange-flexible-bgp-communities-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-1-27
	
This document defines a new attribute for BGP called the Flexible
Community attribute.  Flexible Communities build on the experience
and utility of the standard BGP community, and the extended BGP
community attributes.  This attribute allows operators to associate
structured information with a route or set of routes.  This
information can be then be used to execute routing policy.  An
enhanced version of communities is necessary to accomodate IPv6, 4-
byte ASN's, and introduce a more extensible and flexible policy
expression.  This document also introduces the concept of Neighbor
Classes.  A Neighbor Class is applied to a group of BGP neighbors who
share certain attributes.  For example, the PEER Neighbor Class could
be applied to BGP sessions between ASN X and other networks with
which ASN X has a non-transit peering relationship.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lange-flexible-bgp-communities-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lange-flexible-bgp-communities-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lange-flexible-bgp-communities-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.