Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-20.txt,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:10:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Storage Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: iSCSI
	Author(s)	: J. Satran et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-20.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 238
	Date		: 2003-1-24
	
The Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI) is a popular family of
protocols that enable systems to communicate with I/O devices,
especially storage devices. SCSI protocols are request/response
application protocols with a common standardized architecture model
and basic command set as well as standardized command sets for
different device classes (disks, tapes, media-changers etc.).
As system interconnects move from the classical bus structure to a
network structure SCSI has to be mapped to network transport
protocols.  IP networks now meet the performance requirements of
fast system interconnects and as such are good candidates to 'carry'
SCSI.
This document describes a transport protocol for SCSI that works on
top of TCP. The iSCSI protocol aims to be fully compliant with the
standardized SCSI architectural model.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-20.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-20.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-20.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.