Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vasseur-mpls-loose-path-reopt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:06:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Reoptimization of an explicit loosely routed MPLS TE 
                          paths
	Author(s)	: J. Vasseur, Y. Ikejiri
	Filename	: draft-vasseur-mpls-loose-path-reopt-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-1-15
	
The aim of this document is to propose a mechanism for the 
reoptimization of loosely routed explicit paths. A loosely routed 
explicit path is as a path specified as a combination of strict and 
loose hop(s) that contains at least one loose hop and zero or more 
strict hop(s). The path calculation (ERO expansion) to reach a loose 
hop is made on the previous hop defined in the TE LSP path. This draft 
proposes a mechanism that allows 
- the TE LSP Head-end LSR to trigger a reoptimization on every loose 
hops along the path,  
- an LSR to signal to the TE LSP head-end that a better path exists 
to reach a loose than the path in use. A better path is defined as a 
path with a lower cost, where the cost is defined by the metric used 
to compute the path.  
This primarily applies to inter-area TE when the path is defined as a 
list of loose hops (generally the loose hops are the ABRs) but the 
following mechanism is also applicable to any loosely routed explicit 
paths within a single routing domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-mpls-loose-path-reopt-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vasseur-mpls-loose-path-reopt-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-mpls-loose-path-reopt-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.