Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-isns-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:36:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Storage Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Storage Name Service (iSNS)
	Author(s)	: J. Tseng, K. Gibbons
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ips-isns-16.txt
	Pages		: 98
	Date		: 2003-1-10
	
This document specifies the iSNS protocol, which is used for
interaction between iSNS servers and iSNS clients in order to
facilitate automated discovery, management, and configuration of
iSCSI and Fibre Channel (FCP) devices on a TCP/IP network.  iSNS
provides intelligent storage discovery and management services
comparable to those found in Fibre Channel networks, allowing a
commodity IP network to function in a similar capacity as a storage
area network.  iSNS also facilitates a seamless integration of IP
and Fibre Channel networks, due to its ability to emulate Fibre
Channel fabric services, and manage both iSCSI and Fibre Channel
devices.  iSNS thereby provides value in any storage network
comprised of iSCSI devices, Fibre Channel devices, or any
combination thereof.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-isns-16.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ips-isns-16.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-isns-16.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.