Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-p2mp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 07:51:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extended RSVP-TE for Point-to-Multipoint LSP Tunnels
	Author(s)	: S. Yasukawa, A. Kullberg
	Filename	: draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-p2mp-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-1-21
	
Point-to-multipoint (P2MP) technology will become increasingly
important with the dissemination of new, real-time applications,
such as content delivery services and video conferences, which
require P2MP real-time transmission capability with much more
bandwidth and stricter QoS than non-real-time applications.
This document defines some protocol extensions to the existing RSVP-
TE[1] in order to establish, maintain, and teardown a P2MP label
switched path (LSP).  The use of label switching routers (LSRs) with
the protocol extensions defined in this document allows service
providers to offer services that utilize point-to-point (P2P) and/or
P2MP multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) in the same service
network.
These RSVP-TE protocol extensions define two ways of constructing a
P2MP LSP: sender-initiated LSP setup and leaf-initiated LSP setup.
Each method has an LSP modification capability in order to adapt to
dynamic changes in the LSP tree topology.
The establishment of multipoint-to-multipoint LSPs is a subject for
future study.
These RSVP-TE protocol extensions are very flexible and can be used
to carry protocols other than IP multicasting, e.g., Ethernet, PPP,
and SONET/SDH.  No assumption is made about the format of the data to
be carried in the signaled LSP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-p2mp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-p2mp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-p2mp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.