Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mcdonald-cip4-jdf-mime-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:45:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The MIME application/vnd.cip4-jdf+xml Content-Type
	Author(s)	: T. Hastings, I. McDonald
	Filename	: draft-mcdonald-cip4-jdf-mime-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-1-27
	
The International Cooperation for the Integration of Processes in
Prepress, Press, and Postpress (CIP4) is an international worldwide
standards body located in Switzerland.  The purpose of CIP4 is to
encourage computer based integration of all processes that have to be
considered in the graphic arts industry.  CIP4 has defined two
document formats that are encoded in W3C Extensible Markup Language
(XML):  
(1) CIP4 Job Definition Format (JDF) - an open standard for
integration of all computer aided business and production
processes around print media; 
(2) CIP4 Job Messaging Format (JMF) - an open standard for job
messaging using Hyper Text Transport Protocol/1.1 (HTTP/1.1,
RFC2616) that defines Query, Command, Response, Acknowledge, and
Signal message families.  
This document defines two new MIME sub-types for IANA registration:  
(1) 'application/vnd.cip4-jdf+xml' for CIP4 Job Definition Format; 
(2) 'application/vnd.cip4-jmf+xml' for CIP4 Job Messaging Format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcdonald-cip4-jdf-mime-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mcdonald-cip4-jdf-mime-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mcdonald-cip4-jdf-mime-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.