Subject: RFC 3441 on Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) Package for the Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:02:37 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3441

        Title:      Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) Package for the
                    Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)
        Author(s):  R. Kumar
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 122455
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-rajeshkumar-mgcp-atm-package-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3441.txt

This document describes an Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) package
for the Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP).  This package includes
new Local Connection Options, ATM-specific events and signals, and ATM
connection parameters.  Also included is a description of codec and
profile negotiation.  It extends the MGCP that is currently being
deployed in a number of products.  Implementers should be aware of
developments in the IETF Megaco Working Group and ITU SG16, which are
currently working on a potential successor to this protocol.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.