Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lee-xcast-mobileip-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:47:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Explicit Multicast over Mobile IP (XMIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Lee
	Filename	: draft-lee-xcast-mobileip-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2003-1-17
	
As a special kind of Internet multicast, Explicit
multicast(Xcast)[1] encodes destination addresses of all the
receivers into the packet. Not requiring membership management and
routing information exchange in the intermediate routers in
contrast to the legacy Internet multicast or Deering multicast,
Xcast can effectively provide multicast service to Internet without
those overheads.  A node mobility supporting protocol, Mobile
IP[2,3], requires to be modified to appropriately intercept, route
and forward Xcast packets.  This document specifies the protocol
operations for the mobile agent, the mobile node and the
correspondent node to support transmission and reception of Xcast
datagram over Mobile IPv4 and Mobile IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-xcast-mobileip-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lee-xcast-mobileip-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lee-xcast-mobileip-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.