Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-aaaarch-handoff-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:59:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Experimental Handoff Extension to RADIUS
	Author(s)	: W. Arbaugh
	Filename	: draft-irtf-aaaarch-handoff-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2003-2-25
	
In order to decrease handoff latency, the concept of pre-emptive
provisioning is under investigation.  This document describes an
experimental extension to the RADIUS protocol that enables a RADIUS
server to notify a NAS of a prospective handoff. This enables the NAS to
reserve resources and obtain the session parameters prior to arrival of
the client, potentially reducing handoff times. Whether the approach
described in this document is effective, deployable or secure is a
subject of current research. As a result, implementation of this
extension for purposes other than research is not recommended at this
time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-aaaarch-handoff-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-aaaarch-handoff-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-aaaarch-handoff-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.