Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kurtis-multi6-roadmap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:58:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A road-map for multihoming in IPv6
	Author(s)	: K. Lindqvist
	Filename	: draft-kurtis-multi6-roadmap-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-2-25
	
IPv6 was decided as the replacement to the widely deployed IPv4 in
1992.  The new protocol was designed to meet a number of criteria
that at that time was seen as the failures of IPv4, such as security
and limited address space.
IPv6 meet these needs, but it fails to meet other needs of the
Internet of today such as scalable solutions for multihoming and
portable address space for end-sites.  The effects of the lack of
scalable solutions to this is widely documented.
In order to solve the multihoming scalability problems, the multi6
working group was created in the IETF.  This group have so far not
yet produced any documents as it has been hard to find consensus on
even the most basic documents such as requirements.  Multi6 have also
suffered from problems reaching consensus on what type of solution
will be required moving forward, and the attempt of trying to come up
with a 'fit-all' solution from day one.
This document tries to outline steps that could be taken to better
understand the problem and what steps could be taken as we bit by bit
tries to address the problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kurtis-multi6-roadmap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kurtis-multi6-roadmap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kurtis-multi6-roadmap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.