Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:20:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IANA Charset MIB
	Author(s)	: I. McDonald
	Filename	: draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-2-11
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) 
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
This IANA Charset MIB is [intended to become] an IANA registry.  In
particular, a single textual convention 'IANACharset' is defined that
may be used to specify charset labels in MIB objects.  'IANACharset'
was extracted from Printer MIB v2 (work-in-progress).  'IANACharset'
was originally defined (and mis-named) as 'CodedCharSet' in Printer
MIB v1 (RFC 1759).  A tool has been written in C, that may be used by
IANA to regenerate this IANA Charset MIB, when future charsets are in
accordance with the IANA Charset Registration Procedures (RFC 2978).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.