Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-garudadri-qcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:01:11 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Audio/QCP Media Type and File Format
	Author(s)	: H. Garudadri, R. Gellens
	Filename	: draft-garudadri-qcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-2-25
	
RFC 2658 specifies the streaming format for QCELP 13K vocoder, but
did not specify the storage format for QCELP 13K vocoder.  Many
implementations have been using the qcp file format for exchanging
QCELP 13K data and EVRC data. (For example, Eudora, QuickTime and
CDMA 2000 handsets).  This document specifies the qcp fileformat and
registers the audio/qcp MIME media type.  This format has parameters
to support QCELP 13K and EVRC data.  Note that this is different
from the EVRC storage format specified in
draft-ietf-avt-evrc-smv-03.txt (for EVRC and SMV vocoders).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garudadri-qcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-garudadri-qcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-garudadri-qcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.