Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ahn-swan-manet-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:04:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SWAN
	Author(s)	: G. Ahn et al.
	Filename	: draft-ahn-swan-manet-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-2-14
	
This draft specifies SWAN, a stateless network protocol which uses 
distributed control algorithms to deliver service differentiation in 
MANETs. SWAN uses rate control for UDP and TCP best-effort traffic, 
and source-based admission control for UDP real-time traffic. SWAN 
also uses explicit congestion control notification (ECN) to dynamically 
regulate admitted real-time traffic in the face of network dynamics 
brought on by mobility or traffic overload conditions. SWAN is designed 
to support real-time services over best effort MACs without the need to 
install and maintain costly QOS state at MANET nodes. This makes the SWAN approach to MANET QOS simple, scalable, and robust. The ns-2 simulation code is available from the web http://comet.columbia.edu/swan/).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ahn-swan-manet-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ahn-swan-manet-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ahn-swan-manet-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.