Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosen-ospf-2547bis-dn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 06:44:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: OSPF as the PE/CE Protocol in BGP/MPLS VPNs
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-rosen-ospf-2547bis-dn-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2003-2-21
	
[VPN] describes a method by which a Service Provider (SP) may provide
a VPN service to its customers.  In that method, BGP is used to carry
customer routes across the SP's backbone.  That method allows a
variety of different protocols to be used as the routing protocol
between the Customer Edge (CE) router and the Provider Edge (PE)
router.  [VPN-OSPF] specifies additional procedures to be used when
the CE/PE router protocol is OSPF.  In these additional procedures,
customer OSPF routes from a CE router are translated into BGP routes
by a PE router.  Then they are sent via BGP to another PE router,
which translates them back into OSPF routes and distributes them to
another CE router.  This translation may lose some of the information
needed to prevent loops.   This document proposes that one of the
OSPF options bits be used to ensure that when a  VPN route is sent
from a PE to a CE, the route will be ignored by any PE which receives
it back from a CE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-ospf-2547bis-dn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosen-ospf-2547bis-dn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosen-ospf-2547bis-dn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.