Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yergeau-rfc2279bis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:36:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: UTF-8, a transformation format of ISO 10646
	Author(s)	: F. Yergeau
	Filename	: draft-yergeau-rfc2279bis-04.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2003-2-19
	
ISO/IEC 10646-1 defines a large character set called the Universal
Character Set (UCS) which encompasses most of the world's writing
systems.  The originally proposed encodings of the UCS, however, were
not compatible with many current applications and protocols, and this
has led to the development of UTF-8, the object of this memo.  UTF-8
has the characteristic of preserving the full US-ASCII range,
providing compatibility with file systems, parsers and other software
that rely on US-ASCII values but are transparent to other values.
This memo updates and replaces RFC 2279.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yergeau-rfc2279bis-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yergeau-rfc2279bis-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yergeau-rfc2279bis-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.