Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sadler-isis-ml-bcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:00:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multi-Level IS-IS Without Protocol Extensions
	Author(s)	: J. Sadler
	Filename	: draft-sadler-isis-ml-bcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2003-2-25
	
Work has started in the ITU, the IETF IP over Optical Working Group,
and in the OIF to specify the requirements for ASON NNI routing.
One of the requirements identified is support for multi-level
hierarchies.
IS-IS is one of the candidate protocols to provide this
functionality.  Therefore, methods for multi-level IS-IS routing
need to be developed.
This draft documents one that provides multi-level routing through
the 'stacking' of Level 2 IS-IS instances.  The method is possible
using existing extensions to IS-IS.  It also provides insight into
some of the resulting operational issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sadler-isis-ml-bcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sadler-isis-ml-bcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sadler-isis-ml-bcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.