Subject: 2003 IETF appointment to ISOC BoT -- Timeframes & Open Nominations Period

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:44:17 -0500

The Internet Society (ISOC) provides organizational and financial
support for the IETF. As stipulated in ISOC's by-laws the IETF is
called upon to name 3 Trustees to its Board (BoT), with staggered 3
year terms. This requires that the IETF name one Trustee each year.

Text describing the currently-proposed process for naming the
trustee each year, as outlined at the IAB plenary of IETF55,
can be found in draft-iab-isocbot-00.txt. That document
describes the process the IAB intends to follow this year,
and the IAB continues to solicit input for revisions to the document
before its publication as an RFC guiding future selections.

The timeline the IAB is using this year is as follows:

        Feb 10: open nominations period
        Mar 7: close of nominations period, publication of
              list of nominees
        On or before Apr 11: selection delivered to IESG
              for confirmation
        On or before May 15: delivery of final
              confirmed selection to the ISOC Elections Committee for
              announcement with the rest of the new ISOC BoT slate

Nominations (including self-nominations) should be sent to the
IAB -- [email-masked].

Nominees should be aware that board members are elected to three year
terms with approximately one third of the board elected each year, and
that their responsibilities include the fiscal management of the
society, fundraising, and participation in 2 to 3 board meetings per
year and frequent interaction via E-Mail. The desirable characteristics
specific to the IETF's selected ISOC BoT member are outlined
in draft-iab-isocbot-00.txt.

Note that nominees may not participate in the IETF selection process
in 2003 if they are already participating in the election of ISOC's
other election constituencies (described in
http://www.isoc.org/members/vote/2003election/index.shtml).

Nominees will be asked to provide:

        Full name and contact information.

        A statement confirming willingness and ability to devote an
appropriate level of time to activities associated with the position of
Trustee.

        A brief biography outlining experience and background.

        A statement of interests, concerns about the Internet
Society, goals as a Trustee and motivation to serve as a Trustee.

        Any further information that is relevant to the work of the
IAB in considering your nomination.

Leslie.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"An essential element of a successful journey
        is recognizing when you have arrived."
              -- ThinkingCat (c.1983 - 2002)

Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]