Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-foster-mgcp-returncodes-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:44:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) Return Code 
                          Usage
	Author(s)	: B. Foster, C. Sivachelvan
	Filename	: draft-foster-mgcp-returncodes-01.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2003-2-7
	
It is neither possible, nor necessary, to come up with an error code 
for all possible error situations that might occur. Consequently, 
some error codes in the MGCP Protocol (RFC 3435) are indications of 
very specific errors, whereas others are more generic in nature. In 
general, the choice of which error code to use in a given error 
situation may not always be clear. However, Call Agents may take very 
different action depending on which error code is being used. The 
objective is thus, to make sure that Call Agents behave the same for 
a given error situation that occurs in a Media Gateway. This document 
enables this by categorizing error codes based on expected Call Agent 
behavior. It also expands on the descriptions of the error codes in 
RFC 3435, giving additional guidelines for usage. The purpose is to 
improve interoperability between Call Agents and Gateways.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-foster-mgcp-returncodes-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-foster-mgcp-returncodes-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-foster-mgcp-returncodes-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.