Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-sipping-lease-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:15:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: URI Leasing in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-sipping-lease-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2003-2-12
	
Several applications of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) require
a user agent (UA) to construct and distribute a URI which can be used
by anyone on the Internet to route a call to that specific UA
instance.  An example of such an application is call transfer, based
on the REFER method.  To date, a variety of techniques have been
proposed for the contruction of such URI.  All of them have fatal
drawbacks.  This document proposes that the problem is actually one
of URI leasing - a feature whereby a UA can dynamically request the
creation of an address-of-record (AOR) within a domain.  Requirements
for a URI leasing mechanism are outlined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-lease-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-sipping-lease-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-lease-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.