Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-georgiades-seamoby-ctecip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:23:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Context Transfer Extension to Cellular-IP
	Author(s)	: M. Georgiades et al.
	Filename	: draft-georgiades-seamoby-ctecip-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-2-27
	
This Internet draft enhances cellular-IP mobility protocol with a
Context Transfer mechanism aiming to further optimise the handoff 
operation in mobile networks. Within a cellular-IP domain, during the
handoff from one cellular-IP base station to another, cellular-IP
packets could be  used to initiate and transfer authorised context
from the previous cellular-IP base station via the cellular-IP
gateway to the new cellular-IP base station. This draft presents how 
the context transfer extension introduced could facilitate in
reducing latency and packet loss by avoiding the signalling required 
between the mobile node and the new base station  in  re-establishing
the desired state information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-georgiades-seamoby-ctecip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-georgiades-seamoby-ctecip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-georgiades-seamoby-ctecip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.