Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-slone-ldap-x500-align-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:24:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Maximizing Alignment Between LDAP and X.500
	Author(s)	: S. Slone
	Filename	: draft-slone-ldap-x500-align-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-2-27
	
This document is intended to provide information of interest to 
developers of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) 
specifications and products.  It is intended to provide background 
information and to facilitate discussion within IETF Working Groups, 
most notably LDAPbis.  This Internet-Draft highlights decisions made 
by group attending the ITU-T and ISO/IEC JTC1 Collaborative Meeting 
on the Directory in London in February 2003 for inclusion in an 
upcoming Proposed Draft Amendment (PDAM) to the ITU-T X.500 / IS 
9594 Specification. It also identifies issues that the X.500 group 
would like to bring to the attention of the LDAPbis Working Group at 
the upcoming IETF meeting in March.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-slone-ldap-x500-align-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-slone-ldap-x500-align-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-slone-ldap-x500-align-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.