Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-supp-inband-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:45:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Compact Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes
	Author(s)	: M. Luby, L. Vicisano
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-supp-inband-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2003-2-7
	
This document introduces some Forward Error Correction (FEC) schemes
which supplement the FEC schemes described in the FEC Building Block.
The primary benefits of these additional FEC schemes is that they are
designed for reliable bulk delivery of large objects using a more
compact FEC Payload ID, and they can be used to sequentially deliver
blocks of an object of indeterminate length. Thus, they more flexibly
support different delivery models with less packet header overhead.

This document describes the Fully-Specified FEC scheme corresponding to
FEC Encoding ID 0. This Fully-Specified FEC scheme requires no FEC
coding and is introduced primarily to allow simple interoperability
testing between different implementations of protocol instantiations
that use the FEC building block.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-supp-inband-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-supp-inband-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-supp-inband-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.