Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:15:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Control Protocol (MCOP)
	Author(s)	: R. Lehtonen et al.
	Filename	: draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-02.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2003-2-12
	
This draft introduces Multicast Control Protocol (MCOP) that may be
used as a tool for multicast network management.  MCOP provides
multicast network remote management with centralized information
database located at Multicast Control Server (MCS).  It allows
gradual, group and network specific multicast network deployment.
MCOP protocol is used between MCS and routers that have directly
connected multicast sources or receivers.  The actual control is done
by MCOP enabled routers based on the information received from the
MCS.  MCOP router can filter IGMP/MLD reports and multicast packets
before they reach the IGMP/MLD processing layer or multicast routing
stack of the router.  MCOP is independent of multicast routing
protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.