Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kohn-news-article-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 06:44:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: News Article Format
	Author(s)	: D. Kohn
	Filename	: draft-kohn-news-article-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-2-3
	
This document defines the format and procedures for interchange of
network news articles. It updates and obsoletes RFC 1036, in
particular adding support for internationalization of headers and
message bodies and multimedia support in message bodies.  It does
this in a manner designed to maximize backward compatibility with
mail and news servers, gateways, and user agents.
Network news articles resemble mail messages but are broadcast to
potentially-large audiences, using a flooding algorithm that
propagates one copy to each interested host (or group thereof),
typically stores only one copy per host, and does not require any
central administration or systematic registration of interested
users. Network news originated as the medium of communication for
Usenet, circa 1980. Since then Usenet has grown explosively, and many
Internet sites participate in it. In addition, the news technology is
now in widespread use for other purposes, on the Internet and
elsewhere.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kohn-news-article-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kohn-news-article-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kohn-news-article-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.