Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vasseur-mpls-nodeid-subobject-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:44:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Definition of an RRO node-id subobject
	Author(s)	: J. Vasseur et al.
	Filename	: draft-vasseur-mpls-nodeid-subobject-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-2-10
	
In the context of MPLS TE Fast Reroute ([FAST-REROUTE]), the Merge 
Point (MP) address is required at the Point of Local Repair (PLR) in 
order to select a backup tunnel intersecting a protected Traffic 
Engineering LSP on a downstream LSR.  However, existing protocol 
mechanisms are not sufficient to find MP address multi-areas or multi-
domain routing network. Hence, the current MPLS Fast Reroute mechanism 
cannot be used to protect inter-area or inter-AS TE LSPs from a failure 
of an ABR (Area Border Router) or ASBR (Autonomous System Border 
Router) respectively. This document specifies the use of existing RRO 
IPv4 and IPv6 subobjects (with a new flag defined) to define the node-
id subobject in order to solve this issue.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-mpls-nodeid-subobject-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vasseur-mpls-nodeid-subobject-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-mpls-nodeid-subobject-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.