Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brusilovsky-spirits-is41-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 06:44:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: On selection of IS-41 SPIRITS mobility-related 
                          parameters
	Author(s)	: A. Brusilovsky
	Filename	: draft-brusilovsky-spirits-is41-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-2-24
	
This   document  describes  IS-41  mobility-related  parameters  (WIN
information  and  its  encoding)  which  the  SPIRITS  protocol   can
transport  from  the PSTN (wireline, as well as wireless) into the IP
network.  The SPIRITS protocol is a protocol through which  PSTN  can
request  actions  (services)  to  be carried out in the IP network in
response to events occurring within the PSTN/IN (wireline, as well as 
wireless).   This  draft  outlines,   what   IS-41   mobility-ralated
parameters  are  of  immediate  interest  to SPIRITS, how they may be
extracted and encoded for use within the SPIRITS domain.    IS-41  is
used  as  an example protocol to clarify the SPIRITS message encoding
process.  This Internet-Draft has been written  in  response  to  the
SPIRITS WG  chairs'  call  for SPIRITS Protocol proposals.  It may be
viewed as being a direct contribution to the Informational RFC on the 
SPIRITS protocol parameters.    Section  1  of  this  document  gives
background  of  wireless  cellular  communication networks, including
Core Networks,  Section  2  gives  a  backgrouder  for  the  Wireless
Intelligent  Network  (WIN).  Sections  3  and  4 briefly explain WIN
Functional and Physical  entities.    Section  5  provides  WIN  BCSM
Description.  Section  6  gives  ASN.1  Notation for the selected WIN
Parameters.  Sections  7,  8,  9,  10  and  11  respectively  provide
Acknowledgements,  References,  Author's  Address,  Acronyms and Full
Copyright Statement, as required.  Addendum 1 contains figures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brusilovsky-spirits-is41-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brusilovsky-spirits-is41-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brusilovsky-spirits-is41-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.