Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-char-rep-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 06:45:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Considerations on Increasing Character Repertoires for
                          Protocol Elements
	Author(s)	: T. Hardie, L. Daigle
	Filename	: draft-iab-char-rep-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-2-24
	
This document describes a set of considerations and strategies to
use in increasing the character repertoire available in a protocol
element or suite of protocol elements.  This document is not meant
to provide normative instruction to protocol designers, but does
hope to provide guidance on common issues arising from this task.
This initial draft does not contain real-world examples for the
different strategies outlined below; before final publication, the
IAB plans to add such examples and solicits feedback from the
community on examples appropriate to this draft. Feedback on this
point or the draft as a whole should be sent to the editors or the
IAB.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-char-rep-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iab-char-rep-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iab-char-rep-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.