Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-imaa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:28:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internationalizing Mail Addresses in Applications (IMAA)
	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman, A. Costello
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-imaa-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-2-5
	
The Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications (IDNA) specification
describes how to process domain names that have characters outside
the ASCII repertoire. A user who has an internationalized domain name
may want to have their full Internet mail address internationalized,
including the local part (that is, the part to the left of the '@'.
This document describes how to use non-ASCII characters in local parts,
by defining internationalized local parts (ILPs), internationalized mail
addresses (IMAs), and a mechanism called IMAA for handling them in a
standard fashion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-imaa-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hoffman-imaa-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-imaa-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.