Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-deltav-compute-checkin-uri-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 08:07:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Computing the CHECKIN URI in WebDAV versioning
	Author(s)	: J. Reschke
	Filename	: draft-reschke-deltav-compute-checkin-uri-04.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2003-2-6
	
In many cases, a versioning-aware client might want to
display/include the URI of the version it's editing while it's being
edited. For instance, an editor might include this as meta
information, or the author of a document might want to know the URI
of the version before it's checked in. A well-known example is the
W3C way of referring to document versions in recommendations: it
contains references to 'the current version', to 'this version' and
to the 'previous version'. Something like this is currently
impossible with WebDAV versioning [RFC3253], as the version URI is
determined at the time of CHECKIN.
Distribution of this document is unlimited. Please send comments to
the WebDAV versioning (delta-V) mailing list at ietf-dav-
[email-masked], which may be joined by sending a message with
subject 'subscribe' to [email-masked].
Discussions of the delta-V mailing list are archived at URL:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-dav-versioning/.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-deltav-compute-checkin-uri-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-reschke-deltav-compute-checkin-uri-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-reschke-deltav-compute-checkin-uri-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.