Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sjkoh-mobile-sctp-handover-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:15:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Use of SCTP for Seamless Handover
	Author(s)	: S. Koh et al.
	Filename	: draft-sjkoh-mobile-sctp-handover-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-2-12
	
The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is a new reliable 
transport protocol that provides the multihoming feature. Without 
support of routers in the networks, the SCTP with the ADDIP 
extension (called mobile SCTP) can be used to provide seamless 
handover for the mobile host that is changing its IP subnetworks 
during the session. In the present form, the use of mobile SCTP is 
targeted for handover of the mobile sessions that are originated 
from the mobile clients (located in mobile networks) toward the 
fixed servers (located in the fixed networks). The support for the 
opposite directional session (initiated by fixed node to mobile 
node) requires an additional location management scheme such as 
Mobile IP. In this document, we discuss the generic procedures for 
seamless handover of mobile SCTP and the concerned implementation 
issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sjkoh-mobile-sctp-handover-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sjkoh-mobile-sctp-handover-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sjkoh-mobile-sctp-handover-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.