Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lapuh-network-smlt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 06:45:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Split Multi-link Trunking (SMLT)
	Author(s)	: R. Lapuh, D. Mohan
	Filename	: draft-lapuh-network-smlt-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-2-21
	
This document describes SMLT. When building redundant bridging
networks, IEEE 802.3ad offers link redundancy as a measure against
the link failures. SMLT additionally offers node redundancy by
allowing IEEE 802.3ad links of a link-aggregated group to be dual
homed across two aggregation bridges.

SMLT provides data plane and control plane to avoid inherent loops
and makes full usage of all links in a link-aggregated group. The
dual homing remains transparent to a device connecting to the two
aggregation bridges.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lapuh-network-smlt-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lapuh-network-smlt-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lapuh-network-smlt-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.