Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-suz-pim-upstream-detection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:36:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PIM upstream detection among multiple addresses
	Author(s)	: S. Suzuki, T. Jinmei
	Filename	: draft-suz-pim-upstream-detection-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-2-19
	
This memo describes a PIM routing problem owing to the reverse path
forwarding (RPF) failure on routers having multiple addresses on a
link.  This memo also considers possible solutions with their pros
and cons.  The solutions include operational one which does not
require any protocol change, and one which uses a new PIM Hello
option.  However, it is beyond the scope of this memo to discuss what
is the most appropriate solution for this problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-suz-pim-upstream-detection-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-suz-pim-upstream-detection-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-suz-pim-upstream-detection-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.