Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dawkins-trigtran-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:43:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Framework and Requirements for TRIGTRAN
	Author(s)	: S. Dawkins et al.
	Filename	: draft-dawkins-trigtran-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2003-2-26
	
IETF-standardized unicast transport protocols have been 
designed to allow two end points to maintain communications by 
individually reacting to loss or degraded packet arrival times. 
Historically, those protocols have assumed loss is congestive 
and have reacted by decreasing the packet transmission rate to 
ease congestion. There are a number of cases, however, where 
these assumptions are incorrect, and one or more path segments 
present losses due to intermittent connectivity, a high 
uncorrected error rate, or the need for access path changes 
('hand-off's). Previous work [PILC] has addressed these 
conditions using end-to-end mechanisms. This draft examines the 
use of an on-path signaling mechanisms capable of providing 
advisory notifications for use in modifying the behavior of the 
transport in order to better respond to actual network 
conditions.  This draft serves to create discussion in this area
as there are many ways to skin the cat. We are interested in 
hearing about them through open discussion.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dawkins-trigtran-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dawkins-trigtran-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dawkins-trigtran-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.