Subject: Protocol Action: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): IPP URL Scheme to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:46:11 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Internet Printing Protocol
(IPP): IPP URL Scheme' <draft-ietf-ipp-url-scheme-05.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the Internet Printing
Protocol Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and
Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary
 
  This document registers the "ipp" URL scheme with IANA in a fashion
  that fully conforms to the requirements in [RFC-2717]. This "ipp"
  URL scheme is a means of specifying the location of an IPP Printer,
  IPP Job, or other IPP object which implements the IPP/1.1 Model
  [RFC-2911] and the IPP/1.1 Protocol encoding over HTTP.

 Working Group Summary

  This document is a product of the IPP working group.

 Protocol Quality

  Ned Freed reviewed this specification for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note:
The example domains in section 4.6.1 and 4.6.2 should be changed to
                 example.com and example.net respectively.

The usual IPR boilerplate needs to be added to this document.