Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-faynberg-intermediary-transport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:59:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Intermediary-Based Transport Services, Performance 
                          Optimization Mechanisms, and Relevant Requirements
	Author(s)	: I. Faynberg et al.
	Filename	: draft-faynberg-intermediary-transport-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-2-25
	
Network service providers are increasingly moving from providing
just Internet connectivity to offering intermediary-based services
and performance optimizations to enhance end user experience at
reduced costs.  These services and optimizations are being, or
will be, offered with the help of intermediate nodes placed in the
service provider network between communicating end-points.  In
this document, we list several intermediary-based transport
services and performance optimization mechanisms that are being
(or could be) provided by the intermediate nodes, and identify the
requirements of any solution that securely offers these services
and mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-faynberg-intermediary-transport-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-faynberg-intermediary-transport-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-faynberg-intermediary-transport-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.