Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-durand-v6ops-natpt-dns-alg-issues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 06:44:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Issues with NAT-PT DNS ALG in RFC2766
	Author(s)	: A. Durand
	Filename	: draft-durand-v6ops-natpt-dns-alg-issues-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-2-24
	
Recent discussions on the need to translate or not between IPv4 and
IPv6 have brought a better understanding on the impact of tools like
NAT-PT [NAT-PT].  Several problems have been identified around the
DNS ALG functionality.  An alternative solution that does not require
this DNS ALG for connections initiated by the IPv6 side has been
proposed. This memo aims at analyzing the pros and cons of both
solutions in that case. Connections initiated by the IPv4 side would
always require the help of a DNS-ALG and thus are not covered by this
memo.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-durand-v6ops-natpt-dns-alg-issues-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-durand-v6ops-natpt-dns-alg-issues-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-durand-v6ops-natpt-dns-alg-issues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.