Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schulzrinne-sipping-emergency-req-00.txt,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 06:45:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Session Initiation Protocol 
                         (SIP)-based Emergency Calls
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-schulzrinne-sipping-emergency-req-00.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-2-21
	
This document enumerates requirements for emergency calls in VoIP and
general Internet multimedia systems. We divide the requirements into
'last-mile' and 'end-to-end'. Last-mile solutions only exchange the
emergency call center's circuit-switched access by an IP-based
system.  The requirements for end-to-end IP-based emergency calling
address functional and security issues for determining the correct
emergency address, for identifying the appropriate emergency call
center and for identifying the caller and its location. While we
focus on systems that employ the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP),
many of the requirements also apply to other environments, such as
those using H.248/Megaco or H.323.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-sipping-emergency-req-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-schulzrinne-sipping-emergency-req-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-sipping-emergency-req-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.