Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kempf-mobileip-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:00:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Organizing Mobile IP Along Natural Architectural 
                          Boundaries
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf et al.
	Filename	: draft-kempf-mobileip-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-2-25
	
A natural architectural split exists in Mobile IP between the 
mechanisms involved in global routing change and the mechanisms 
involved in local link routing change. The global mechanisms modify 
the mapping between a Mobile Node's routing identifier (care of 
address) and its global node identifier (home address). The local 
mechanisms allow the Mobile Node to obtain IP connectivity on the 
subnet and provide measures to locally mitigate routing failure 
while the global routing change is occurring. This draft makes a 
case for keeping the mechanisms involved in these two architectural 
components distinct and separate in Mobile IPv6, and suggests that 
the Mobile IP group might want to think about a separate working 
group specifically focused on local link routing changes for 
mobility in Mobile IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mobileip-arch-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kempf-mobileip-arch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kempf-mobileip-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.