Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sjkoh-overlay-multicast-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:44:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Framework of Overlay Multicast Control Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Koh, J. Park
	Filename	: draft-sjkoh-overlay-multicast-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2003-2-7
	
This document describes Overlay Multicast Control Protocol (OMCP) 
used for realizing and managing Overlay Multicast, as also known as 
Application Layer Multicast. Overlay Multicast is a data delivery 
scheme for multicast applications, in which one or more 
intermediate relay agents are employed for relaying application 
data from a sender to many receivers along a pre-configured or 
automatically configured tree hierarchy. For standardization of 
Overlay Multicast, it needs to separate the data plane (for packet 
relaying) and the control plane (for tree configuration and session 
monitoring). We describe a control protocol for Overlay Multicast, 
named Overlay Multicast Control Protocol (OMCP). In OMCP, a 
special-purpose entity, called Session Manager, is used to manage 
and control the tree configuration and session monitoring. OMCP is 
designed to ensure that the multicast applications and services can 
be provided over current Internet environments in which IP 
multicast has not completely been deployed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sjkoh-overlay-multicast-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sjkoh-overlay-multicast-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sjkoh-overlay-multicast-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.