Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gilligan-iscsi-fault-tolerance-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 06:43:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: iSCSI Implementation Guidelines for Fault Tolerance 
                          and Load Balancing using Temporary Redirection
	Author(s)	: R. Gilligan et al.
	Filename	: draft-gilligan-iscsi-fault-tolerance-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-4-3
	
An approach for achieving fault tolerance and load balancing in iSCSI
using the iSNS discovery mechanism or iSCSI discovery session and the
temporary redirection mechanism is outlined here.  This approach
requires no change to iSCSI or other protocols that initiators and
targets implement.  But the manner in which initiators perform target
discovery, support the temporary redirection mechanism, and recover
from failed iSCSI sessions affects their ability to support this
approach.  This paper provides implementation guidelines for iSCSI
initiators to follow to support this form of fault tolerance and load
balancing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gilligan-iscsi-fault-tolerance-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gilligan-iscsi-fault-tolerance-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gilligan-iscsi-fault-tolerance-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.