Subject: RFC 3511 on Benchmarking Methodology for Firewall Performance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:25:02 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3511

        Title:      Benchmarking Methodology for Firewall Performance
        Author(s):  B. Hickman, D. Newman, S. Tadjudin, T. Martin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 67916
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-firewall-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3511.txt

This document discusses and defines a number of tests that may be used
to describe the performance characteristics of firewalls.  In addition
to defining the tests, this document also describes specific formats
for reporting the results of the tests.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working
Group IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.