Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-msgtrk-trkstat-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 06:28:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Message Tracking Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Extensible Message Format for Message Tracking 
                          Responses
	Author(s)	: E. Allman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-msgtrk-trkstat-05.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2003-4-1
	
Message Tracking is expected to be used to determine the
status of undelivered e-mail upon request.  Tracking is used in
conjunction with Delivery Status Notifications [RFC-DSN-SMTP] and
Message Disposition Notifications [RFC-MDN]; generally, a message
tracking request will be issued only when a DSN or MDN has not been
received within a reasonable timeout period.
This memo defines a MIME [RFC-MIME] content-type for message
tracking status in the same spirit as RFC 1894, 'An Extensible
Message Format for Delivery Status Notifications' [RFC-DSN-STAT].
It is to be issued upon a request as described in 'Message
Tracking Query Protocol' [DRAFT-MTRK-MTQP].  This memo defines
only the format of the status information.  An extension to SMTP
[RFC-ESMTP] to label messages for further tracking and request
tracking status is defined in a separate memo [DRAFT-MTRK-SMTPEXT].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msgtrk-trkstat-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-msgtrk-trkstat-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msgtrk-trkstat-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.