Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 07:13:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Guideline of optional services for Internet FAX 
                          Gateway
	Author(s)	: K. Mimura, K. Yokoyama, T. Satoh, 
                          K. Watanabe, C. Kanaide
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-06.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2003-4-14
	
An Internet FAX Gateway provides functions which translate a
facsimile between the general switched telephone network (GSTN) and
the Internet. This document provides guidelines of optional services
and examples of an Internet FAX Gateway, with respect to the onramp
gateway and offramp gateway.
This document does not intend to specify the actions to which the
IFax offramp and onramp gateways (defined in [3]) conform.
This document covers drop duplication, automatic re-transmission,
error behavior, when sending a return notice, and the keep log for an
offramp gateway. Also covered are examples of authorization by DTMF
(Dual Tone Multi-Frequency) and the keep log for an onramp gateway.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.