Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:39:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Authentication Suboption for the DHCP Relay Agent 
                          Option
	Author(s)	: M. Stapp, T. Lemon, R. Droms
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-auth-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-4-21
	
The DHCP Relay Agent Information Option (RFC 3046) conveys
information between a DHCP relay agent and a DHCP server.  This
specification defines two mechanisms for securing the messages
exchanged between a relay agent and a server.  The first mechanism
defines a new authentication suboption for the Relay Agent
Information Option that supports source entity authentication and
data integrity for relayed DHCP messages.  The authentication
suboption contains a cryptographic signature in a payload derived
from the option used in DHCP Authentication (RFC 3118).  The second
mechanism uses IPsec (RFC 2041) to protect messages exchanged between
relay agents and servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-auth-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-auth-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-auth-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.