Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shakeel-pppext-mlppp-lo-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 06:36:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Enhanced Multi-Link PPP with low overhead suitable 
                          for multiple
                          scalable bandwidth links
	Author(s)	: M. Shakeel
	Filename	: draft-shakeel-pppext-mlppp-lo-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-4-3
	
This document proposes a new architecture for providing an enhanced way
of fragmenting PPP protocol frames which is self-scalable to operate
over a wide range of multiple links ranging from low-bitrate, sub-T1
line to very high speed SDH hierarchy. The scheme provides a relatively
low overhead for fragmentation procedure and can scale very well to
accommodate multiple and diverse types of communication links operating
at different speed. In addition, the generated data fragments are
distributed to the multiple communication links according to their QoS
that maximize the real time utilization of the links.

This proposal is not intended to limit the scope of functions and
procedures described in RFC 1990[1]. This proposal solicits a new type
of fragmentation procedure that can be used along with other functions
and features described in the RFC 1990.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shakeel-pppext-mlppp-lo-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shakeel-pppext-mlppp-lo-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shakeel-pppext-mlppp-lo-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.