Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for the Optical Interface Type to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 17:00:46 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Definitions of Managed
Objects for the Optical Interface Type'
<draft-ietf-atommib-opticalmib-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard. This
document is the product of the AToM MIB Working Group. The IESG
contact persons are Thomas Narten and Erik Nordmark.

Technical Summary
   
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with SNMP in TCP/IP-based internets. In particular, it 
defines objects for managing Optical Interfaces associated with 
WavelengthDivision Multiplexing systems or characterized by the 
Optical Transport Network (OTN) in accordance with the OTN 
architecture defined in ITU-T Recommendation G.872.
   
Working Group Summary
   
There was WG consensus to advance the document.

Protocol Quality
   
The document has been reviewed for the IESG by Erik Nordmark, Bert 
Wijnen and Mike Heard.

Note:

 When the references in draft-ietf-atommib-opticalmib-08.txt
 were reorganized to and conform to the new MIB boilerplate one of
 the references that went away was RFC 2571. It was not replaced
 because the MIB boilerplate no longer requires it; in this case,
 however, RFC 3411 should have appeared in its place because the
 OPT-IF-MIB imports SnmpAdminString from SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB. Sorry
 that I did not catch this earlier. Perhaps if nothing else comes
 up in IESG review this can be handled by a note to the RFC Editor