Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 07:13:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet FAX Gateway Functions
	Author(s)	: K. Mimura, K. Yokoyama, T. Satoh, C. Kanaide
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-09.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-4-14
	
An Internet FAX Gateway provides functions which translate facsimile
between the general switched telephone network (GSTN) and the
Internet. This document provides information on recommended behaviors
for Internet FAX Gateway functions for email-based Internet Fax. In
this context, an offramp means facsimile data transmission to the
GSTN from the Internet, and onramp means facsimile data transmission
to the Internet from the GSTN. This document covers the delivery
process of data with equipment which may include Internet Fax
terminals, PCs on the Internet, and Fax terminals on the GSTN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-09.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.