Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-siemborski-mupdate-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:43:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The MUPDATE Distributed Mailbox Database Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Siemborski
	Filename	: draft-siemborski-mupdate-03.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2003-4-24
	
As the demand for high-performance mail delivery agents increases,
it becomes apparent that single-machine solutions are inadequate to
the task, both because of capacity limits and that the failure of
the single machine means a loss of mail delivery for all users.  It
is preferable to allow many machines to share the responsibility of
mail delivery.
The Mailbox Update (MUPDATE) protocol allows a group of IMAP (or
POP3) servers to function with a unified mailbox namespace.  This
document is intended to serve as a reference guide to that protocol.
Please note that this specification is provided to give information
to the internet community; it is anticipated that it would need to
be revised before widespread adaption.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-siemborski-mupdate-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-siemborski-mupdate-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-siemborski-mupdate-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.