Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pana-pana-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 06:44:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol for carrying Authentication for Network Access Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network 
                          Access (PANA)
	Author(s)	: D. Forsberg, Y. Ohba, B. Patil,
                          H. Tschofenig, A. Yegin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pana-pana-00.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2003-4-3
	
This document defines the Protocol for Carrying Authentication for 
Network Access (PANA), a link-layer agnostic transport for 
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) to enable network access 
authentication between clients and access networks. PANA can carry 
any authentication method that can be specified as an EAP method, 
and can be used on any link that can carry IP. PANA covers the 
client-to-network access authentication part of an overall secure 
network access framework, which additionally includes other 
protocols and mechanisms for service provisioning, access control as 
a result of initial authentication, and accounting.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-pana-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pana-pana-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-pana-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.