Subject: Document Action: NOPEER community for BGP route scope control to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:02:42 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'NOPEER community for BGP 
route scope control' <draft-ietf-ptomaine-nopeer-02.txt> as an 
Informational RFC.  This document is the product of the Prefix Taxonomy 
Ongoing Measurement & Inter Network Experiment Working Group.  The IESG 
contact persons are Randy Bush and Bert Wijnen.
 
   Technical Summary
       
       This document proposes the use of a BGP community to advise 
 BGP peers and others on the scope of propagation the originating 
 AS intended for a prefix. This proposed well-known advisory
 transitive community is intended to allow an origin AS to specify
 the extent to which it suggests that a specific prefix should be
 externally propagated. In particular this community, termed here
 as NOPEER, allows an origin AS to suggest that a route with this
 attribute need not be advertised across bilateral peer
 connections.
       
   Working Group Summary
       
       There were no technical issues raised in working group 
 discussion or working group last call.
       
   Protocol Quality
       
       This document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush.