Subject: ICANN Call for Nominations

From: "Linda S. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 13:05:40 -0400

[This is believed to be of interest to the IETF community - HTA]

We, the ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom), have just posted our Formal
Call for  Recommendations and Statements of Interest  for the ICANN
positions NomCom will select.  Please see
http://www.icann.org/committees/nom-comm/formal-call-05apr03.htm This
information has also been distributed via the ICANN Announce list.
We would like to send a special invitation to the members of the IETF to
submit as individuals  their recommendations and statements of interest for
the positions NomCom will fill. The  success of this new Nominating
Committee process depends on the active participation  of members of the
Internet community, and we are eager to encourage your attention to this
opportunity.
Our timeline is short because our goal is to be able to seat the New Board
and NomCom-selected members  of the GNSO Council and Interim ALAC at the
conclusion of the Montreal ICANN meeting June 22-26, 2003.
We believe you will find in the posted Formal Call the information needed
about NomCom, about the positions  to be filled, the eligibility and
criteria that apply, the review process, and how to respond to this
invitation.  But we do understand that questions will arise and we would
like to engage directly with IETF members  in our recruiting. NomCom is
therefore offering to participate in teleconferences organized by groups
such  as the IETF to help launch the Nominating Process. If you would like
me and some of the NomCom  members to participate in one of your
teleconferences, please contact me via email.
NomCom will be posting Frequently Asked Questions with their answers on the
NomCom web page http://www.icann.org/committees/nom-comm/  and invites
comments via email  to [email-masked]

We encourage all those interested in this new Nominating Committee process
to visit our webpage and to  subscribe to [email-masked]
to receive notice of news from the Committee.
Let me also express my thanks for the excellent participation Mike St.Johns
has provided in the  work of the Nominating Committee.

We look forward to hearing from you and your colleagues in the IETF.

Linda Wilson, Chair of the ICANN Nominating Committee