Subject: RFC 3529 on Using Extensible Markup Language-Remote Procedure Calling (XML-RPC) in Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol (BEEP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:02:52 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3529

        Title:      Using Extensible Markup Language-Remote Procedure
                    Calling (XML-RPC) in Blocks Extensible Exchange
                    Protocol (BEEP)
        Author(s):  W. Harold
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 23312
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        I-D Tag:    draft-harold-beep-xmlrpc-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3529.txt

XML-RPC is an Extensible Markup Language-Remote Procedure Calling
protocol that works over the Internet.  It defines an XML format for
messages that are transfered between clients and servers using HTTP.
An XML-RPC message encodes either a procedure to be invoked by the
server, along with the parameters to use in the invocation, or the
result of an invocation.  Procedure parameters and results can be
scalars, numbers, strings, dates, etc.; they can also be complex
record and list structures.

This document specifies a how to use the Blocks Extensible Exchange
Protocol (BEEP) to transfer messages encoded in the XML-RPC format
between clients and servers.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.