Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nguyen-ospf-oob-resync-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 06:43:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: OSPF Out-of-band LSDB resynchronization
	Author(s)	: A. Zinin, A. Roy, L. Nguyen
	Filename	: draft-nguyen-ospf-oob-resync-02.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-4-3
	
OSPF is a link-state intra-domain routing protocol used in IP
networks. LSDB synchronization in OSPF is achieved via two methods--
initial LSDB synchronization when an OSPF router has just been
connected to the network and asynchronous flooding that ensures
continuous LSDB synchronization in the presence of topology changes
after the initial procedure was completed.  It may sometime be
necessary for OSPF routers to resynchronize their LSDBs. OSPF
standard, however, does not allow routers to do so without actually
changing the topology view of the network.  This memo describes a
vendor specific mechanism to perform such form of out-of-band LSDB
synchronization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-ospf-oob-resync-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nguyen-ospf-oob-resync-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nguyen-ospf-oob-resync-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.