Subject: RFC 3512 on Configuring Networks and Devices with Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 10:02:35 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3512

        Title:      Configuring Networks and Devices with
                    Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
        Author(s):  M. MacFaden, D. Partain, J. Saperia, W. Tackabury
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      83
        Characters: 196529
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-snmpconf-bcp-12.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3512.txt

This document is written for readers interested in the Internet
Standard Management Framework and its protocol, the Simple Network
Management Protocol (SNMP).  In particular, it offers guidance in the
effective use of SNMP for configuration management.  This information
is relevant to vendors that build network elements, management
application developers, and those that acquire and deploy this
technology in their networks.

This document is a product of the Configuration Management with SNMP
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.