Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipo-framework-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 07:18:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over Optical Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IP over Optical Networks: A Framework
	Author(s)	: B. Rajagopalan et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipo-framework-04.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2003-4-8
	
The Internet transport infrastructure is moving towards a model of
high-speed routers interconnected by optical core networks. The
architectural choices for the interaction between IP and optical
network layers, specifically, the routing and signaling aspects, are
maturing. At the same time, a consensus has emerged in the industry
on utilizing IP-based protocols for the optical control plane. This
document defines a framework for IP over Optical networks,
considering both the IP-based control plane for optical networks as
well as IP-optical network interactions (together referred to as 'IP
over optical networks').

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipo-framework-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipo-framework-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipo-framework-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.