Subject: RFC 3509 on Alternative Implementations of OSPF Area Border Routers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:58:59 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3509

        Title:      Alternative Implementations of OSPF Area Border
                    Routers
        Author(s):  A. Zinin, A. Lindem, D. Yeung
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24326
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-abr-alt-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3509.txt

Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) is a link-state intra-domain routing
protocol used for routing in IP networks.  Though the definition of
the Area Border Router (ABR) in the OSPF specification does not
require a router with multiple attached areas to have a backbone
connection, it is actually necessary to provide successful routing to
the inter-area and external destinations.  If this requirement is not
met, all traffic destined for the areas not connected to such an ABR
or out of the OSPF domain, is dropped.  This document describes
alternative ABR behaviors implemented in Cisco and IBM routers.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.