Subject: RFC 3474 on Documentation of IANA assignments for Generalized MultiProtocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Usage and Extensions for Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:34:39 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3474

        Title:      Documentation of IANA assignments for
                    Generalized MultiProtocol Label Switching (GMPLS)
                    Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic
                    Engineering (RSVP-TE) Usage and Extensions for
                    Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON)
        Author(s):  Z. Lin, D. Pendarakis
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 52551
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-lin-ccamp-gmpls-ason-rsvpte-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3474.txt

The Generalized MultiProtocol Label Switching (GMPLS) suite of
protocol specifications has been defined to provide support for
different technologies as well as different applications.  These
include support for requesting TDM connections based on Synchronous
Optical NETwork/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) as
well as Optical Transport Networks (OTNs).

This document concentrates on the signaling aspects of the GMPLS
suite of protocols, specifically GMPLS signaling using Resource
Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE).  It
proposes additional extensions to these signaling protocols to
support the capabilities of an ASON network.

This document proposes appropriate extensions towards the resolution
of additional requirements identified and communicated by the ITU-T
Study Group 15 in support of ITU's ASON standardization effort.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.