Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-coar-cgi-v11-03.txt,.ps,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 07:25:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Common Gateway Interface (CGI) Version 1.1
	Author(s)	: D. Robinson, K. Coar
	Filename	: draft-coar-cgi-v11-03.txt,.ps,.pdf
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2003-4-16
	
The Common Gateway Interface (CGI) is a simple interface for running
external programs, software or gateways under an information server
in a platform-independent manner. Currently, the supported
information servers are HTTP servers.
The interface has been in use by the World-Wide Web since 1993. This
specification defines the 'current practice' parameters of the
'CGI/1.1' interface developed and documented at the U.S. National
Centre for Supercomputing Applications. This document also defines
the use of the CGI/1.1 interface on UNIX(R) and other, similar
systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-coar-cgi-v11-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-coar-cgi-v11-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-coar-cgi-v11-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.