Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for the SONET/SDH Interface Type to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:02:39 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Definitions of Managed 
Objects for the SONET/SDH Interface Type' 
<draft-ietf-atommib-rfc2558bis-01.txt> as a Draft Standard. This 
document is the product of the AToM MIB Working Group. The IESG 
contact persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas Narten. 
   
The implementation report can be viewed at
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/RFC2558-Implementation.txt
   
Technical Summary
   
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base
(MIB) for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-
based internets. In particular, it defines objects for
managing Synchronous Optical Network/Synchronous Digital
Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) interfaces. This document is a
companion to the documents that define Managed Objects for the
DS1/E1/DS2/E2 and DS3/E3 Interface Types.

Working Group Summary
   
There was WG consensus to advance the document.

Protocol Quality
   
The document has been reviewed for the IESG by Erik Nordmark and Bert
Wijnen.