Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:18:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Link Management Protocol Extensions for Link discovery
                          Using Loss of Light
	Author(s)	: R. Bradford, D. Papadimitriou, D. Tappan
	Filename	: draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-4-11
	
This document proposes an enhanced mechanism for Link Management
ProtocolÆs Link Verification procedure that is independent of the
data encoding type. It can be used for any point-to-point link,
including both Optical Links and SONET/SDH Links. The general
proposal is to use the transmission of light by the sender and
recognition of the presence or absence of light by the receiver
to identify port mapping.  The proposal includes minor extensions
to the existing messages to implement this extension to the link
verification procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.