Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-inch-iodef-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 06:27:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extended Incident Handling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Incident Data Exchange Format Data Model and XML 
                          Implementation
                          Document Type Definition
	Author(s)	: J. Meijer et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-inch-iodef-01.txt
	Pages		: 84
	Date		: 2003-4-1
	
The purpose of the Incident Data Exchange Format (IODEF) is to define
data formats for information related to computer security incidents
typically exchanged between collaborating Computer Security Incident
Response Teams (CSIRTs).  The IODEF satisfies the requirements
specified in RFCXXX [1]
This Internet-Draft describes a data model for representing commonly
exchanged incident information exported from incident handling
systems managed by CSIRTs.  An implementation of the data model in
the Extensible Markup Language (XML) is presented, an XML Document
Type Definition is developed, and examples are provided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-inch-iodef-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-inch-iodef-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-inch-iodef-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.