Subject: RFC 3475 on Documentation of IANA assignments for Constraint-Based LSP setup using LDP (CR-LDP) Extensions for Automatic Switched Optical Network (ASON)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:36:02 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3475

        Title:      Documentation of IANA assignments for
                    Constraint Route Label Distribution Protocol
                    (CR-LDP) Extensions for Automatic Switched Optical
                    Network (ASON)
        Author(s):  O. Aboul-Magd
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 29995
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-aboulmagd-ccamp-crldp-ason-ext-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3475.txt

Automatic Switched Optical Network (ASON) is an architecture,
specified by ITU-T Study Group 15, for the introduction of a
control plane for optical networks.  The ASON architecture specifies
a set of reference points that defines the relationship between the
ASON architectural entities.  Signaling over interfaces defined in
those reference points can make use of protocols that are defined
by the IETF in the context of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (GMPLS) work.  This document describes Constraint-Based
LSP setup using LDP (CR-LDP) extensions for signaling over the
interfaces defined in the ASON reference points.  The purpose of
the document is to request that the IANA assigns code points
necessary for the CR-LDP extensions.  The protocol specifications
for the use of the CR-LDP extensions are found in ITU-T documents.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.