Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chung-idnop-zoneprep-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 06:28:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ZONEPREP - Zone Preparations for IDN
	Author(s)	: E. Chung
	Filename	: draft-chung-idnop-zoneprep-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-4-1
	
Zoneprep intends to provide a framework for applying Charprep 
variants to zone file management.  More specifically, Charprep 
profiles are used to generate a set of perceptually equivalent 
domains from a given primary domain, Zoneprep policy profiles are 
used to determine which among the generated set of Charprep variants 
to include into the DNS zone file. 
This document does NOT provide any specific Zoneprep policy profiles, 
instead it describes a framework for Zone Administrators (e.g. 
registries) to consider when implementing IDN.  More importantly, to 
consider the policy on reserving and publishing variants from the 
given primary domain to the DNS zone files. 
This framework also leads into the discussion of provisioning 
protocol for IDN, more importantly for a server to announce its 
policies on reserved variants and zone variants, as well as for the 
client to further manage the IDN.  This document will NOT describe 
extensively this issue, for further discussion please refer to [EPP-
I], which incorporates this framework into EPP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chung-idnop-zoneprep-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chung-idnop-zoneprep-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chung-idnop-zoneprep-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.