Subject: Protocol Action: Sieve -- Subaddress Extension to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 17:39:23 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Sieve -- Subaddress 
Extension' <draft-murchison-sieve-subaddress-06.txt> as a Proposed 
Standard. This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of 
an IETF Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Ted 
Hardie.

 Technical Summary
   
 On email systems that allow for "subaddressing" or "detailed
 addressing" (eg, "[email-masked]"), it is sometimes desirable
 to make comparisons against these sub-parts of addresses. This draft
 defines an extension to the Sieve mail filtering language that 
 allows users to compare against the user and detail parts of an 
 address.
   
 Working Group Summary
   
 This document is an extension to the sieve mail filtering language
 defined in RFC 3028. There are already several implementations of
 this extension.
   
 Protocol Quality
   
 Ned Freed reviewed the specification for the IESG.

 RFC Editor note

 Please change the title of this document to "Sieve Email 
 Filtering -- Subaddress Extension" to avoid confusion with other 
 uses of the term "subaddressing"

 In the first paragraph of the introduction, the phrase "set of 
 messages" needs to be changed to "set of mailboxes".