Subject: RFC 3534 on The application/ogg Media Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:17:50 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3534

        Title:      The application/ogg Media Type
        Author:     L. Walleij
        Date:       May 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10013
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        I-D Tag:    draft-walleij-ogg-mediatype-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3534.txt

The Ogg Bitstream Format aims at becoming a general, freely-available
standard for transporting multimedia content across computing
platforms and networks.  The intention of this document is to define
the MIME media type application/ogg to refer to this kind of content
when transported across the Internet.  It is the intention of the Ogg
Bitstream Format developers that it be usable without intellectual
property concerns.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.