Subject: RFC 3541 on A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Web3D Consortium (Web3D)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 16:41:14 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3541

        Title:      A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace
                    for the Web3D Consortium (Web3D)
        Author(s):  A. Walsh
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11358
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-walsh-urn-web3d-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3541.txt

This document describes a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace for
the Web3D Consortium (Web3D) for naming persistent resources
such as technical documents and specifications, Virtual Reality
Modeling Language (VRML) and Extensible 3D (X3D) files and resources,
Extensible Markup Language (XML) Document Type Definitions (DTDs),
XML Schemas, namespaces, style sheets, media assets, and
other resources produced or managed by Web3D.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.