Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pitta-redundant-fault-tol-conf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 07:41:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Redundant Fault Tolerant Configurations
	Author(s)	: S. Pitta
	Filename	: draft-pitta-redundant-fault-tol-conf-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-5-5
	
The ability of the system to deliver its normal service in the 
presence of any unexpected errors and able to recover from the
errors and restore to normal operation is called a fault tolerant
system. Such systems whose behavior is predictable in nearly 
every possible situation are often in redundant fault tolerant 
configurations. This document defines the various redundant fault 
tolerant configurations that make these systems dependable 
systems or high availability systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pitta-redundant-fault-tol-conf-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pitta-redundant-fault-tol-conf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pitta-redundant-fault-tol-conf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.