Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-perkins-aaav6-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:22:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: AAA for IPv6 Network Access
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins et al.
	Filename	: draft-perkins-aaav6-06.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2003-5-9
	
IPv6 nodes (clients) need a way to offer credentials to the AAA
infrastructure in order to be granted access to the local network.
For IPv6, it will be more efficient and thus reasonable to expect
such access controls to be exerted by IPv6 routers, possibly as
part of performing their role as DHCPv6 relays.  Routers and DHCPv6
servers are expected to work in conjunction with AAA servers to
determine whether or not the client's credentials are valid.  Routers
can exert such network access control by the device of carefully
controlling entries in their packet filter and Neighbor Cache.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-aaav6-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-perkins-aaav6-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-perkins-aaav6-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.