Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-foster-e164-gstn-npusa-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:34:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Number Portability Administration in the U.S.
	Author(s)	: M. Foster, T. McGarry, J. Yu
	Filename	: draft-foster-e164-gstn-npusa-06.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-5-8
	
This document provides a historical as well as practical overview of 
the implementation of Number Portability (NP) Administration in the 
United States (U.S.). There are various regulatory constraints that 
establish relevant parameters for NP implementation, most of which 
are not network technology specific. This document describes the NP 
business model and the architecture for NP administration in the 
North America.  It also briefly discusses the functions performed by 
the NP administrator and the cost recovery mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-foster-e164-gstn-npusa-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-foster-e164-gstn-npusa-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-foster-e164-gstn-npusa-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.