Subject: RFC 3343 on The Application Exchange (APEX) Presence Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 12:23:08 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3343

        Title:      The Application Exchange (APEX) Presence Service
        Author(s):  M. Rose, G. Klyne, D. Crocker
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 42043
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-apex-presence-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3343.txt

This memo describes the Application Exchange (APEX) presence service,
addressed as the well-known endpoint "apex=presence".  The presence
service is used to manage presence information for APEX endpoints.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.