Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-policy-qos-device-info-model-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 07:27:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Policy Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Information Model for Describing Network Device QoS 
                          Datapath Mechanisms
	Author(s)	: B. Moore, D. Durham, J. Strassner, 
                          A. Westerinen, W. Weiss
	Filename	: draft-ietf-policy-qos-device-info-model-09.txt
	Pages		: 91
	Date		: 2003-5-19
	
The purpose of this documenthis document is to define an 
information model to describe the quality of service (QoS) 
mechanisms inherent in different network devices, including 
hosts.  Broadly speaking, these mechanisms describe the 
properties common to selecting and conditioning traffic through 
the forwarding path (datapath) of a network device.  This 
selection and conditioning of traffic in the datapath spans both 
major QoS architectures: Differentiated Services and Integrated 
Services. 
This documenthis document should be used with the QoS Policy 
Information Model (QPIM) to model how policies can be defined to 
manage and configure the QoS mechanisms (i.e., the 
classification, marking, metering, dropping, queuing, and 
scheduling functionality) of devices.  Together, these two drafts 
describe how to write QoS policy rules to configure and manage 
the QoS mechanisms present in the datapaths of devices. 
This document, as well as QPIM, are information models.  That is, 
they represent information independent of a binding to a specific 
type of repository.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-device-info-model-09.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-policy-qos-device-info-model-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-device-info-model-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.