Subject: RFC 3528 on Mesh-enhanced Service Location Protocol (mSLP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 12:24:27 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3528

        Title:      Mesh-enhanced Service Location Protocol (mSLP)
        Author(s):  W. Zhao, H. Schulzrinne, E. Guttman
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35208
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zhao-slp-da-interaction-16.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3528.txt

This document describes the Mesh-enhanced Service Location Protocol
(mSLP).  mSLP enhances the Service Location Protocol (SLP) with a
scope-based fully-meshed peering Directory Agent (DA) architecture.
Peer DAs exchange new service registrations in shared scopes via
anti-entropy and direct forwarding.  mSLP improves the reliability and
consistency of SLP DA services, and simplifies Service Agent (SA)
registrations in systems with multiple DAs.  mSLP is backward
compatible with SLPv2 and can be deployed incrementally.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.