Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-goswami-ipsec-espll-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 07:40:30 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Encapsulating Security Payload for Link Layers (ESPLL)
	Author(s)	: S. Goswami
	Filename	: draft-goswami-ipsec-espll-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-5-5
	
The trend has been to use different encryption mechanism for 
different layers. Although it can be argued that multiple layers is 
good protection, such an approach is higly inefficient from the view 
performance and necessity. In some situations this kind separate 
encryption mechanism may afford the bytes 7 levels of encryption, for 
example : AES (from 802.11)+ 3DES (from IPSec) + 3DES (from TLS/SSL).  
Recently link layer encryption has become an important issue, 
specially in the context of wireless networks. Although this document 
does not attempt to solve this multiple layer encryption issue, it is 
an effort to that goal. Specifically, this document describes a way 
to use ESP in several link layer technologies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-goswami-ipsec-espll-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-goswami-ipsec-espll-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-goswami-ipsec-espll-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.