Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shanmugham-speechsc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:14:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A SPEECHSC protocol for Media Resource Control
	Author(s)	: S. Shanmugham
	Filename	: draft-shanmugham-speechsc-00.txt
	Pages		: 81
	Date		: 2003-5-22
	
This document describes a proposal for the SPEECHSC protocol and 
aims to meet the requirements specified in the SPEECHSC working 
group requirements document. It is based on the Media Resource 
Control Protocol (MRCP) developed jointly by Cisco Systems, Inc., 
Nuance Communications, and Speechworks Inc.  
     
The SPEECHSC protocol will control media service resources like 
speech synthesizers, recognizers, signal generators, signal 
detectors, fax servers etc. over a network. This protocol depends on 
a session management protocol such as the Session Initiation 
Protocol (SIP) to establish a separate SPEECHSC control session 
between the client and the media server. It also depends on SIP to 
establish the media pipe and associated parameters between the media 
source or sink and the media server. Once this is done, the SPEECHSC 
protocol exchange can happen over the control session established 
above allowing the client to command and control the media 
processing resources that may exist on the media server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shanmugham-speechsc-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shanmugham-speechsc-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shanmugham-speechsc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.