Subject: IAB Selection of ISOC Trustee

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:29:49 -0400

27 May, 2003

 Following the closure of the 2003 Internet Society Board of Trustee
 Election Period, the results of the IETF process to nominate an individual
 to serve a three year term can now be announced.

 The IAB has selected, and the IESG has confirmed the appointment of Margaret
 Wasserman for a 3 year term as a Trustee of the Internet Society.

 Margaret will join Eric Huizer and Fred Baker as IETF-nominated trustees of
 the Internet Society. While they do not represent the IETF or the IETF
 Standards Process on the ISOC Board, it is expected that they can call on
 the support of members of the IETF as required, to ensure that the ISOC
 Board receives the highest quality technical advice available.

 The IAB would like to thank all the people who offered nominations or were
 nominated and willing to serve.

 The process used to make this selection is described in the Internet Draft
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-isocbot-00.txt. Following the
 completion of the 2003 process the IAB will now be advancing this document
 though a review phase, with the intention to publish the process as an 
 informational RFC.

 Leslie Daigle,
 for the IAB.