Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-06.txt,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 14:51:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR)
	Author(s)	: T. Friedman et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-06.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 53
	Date		: 2003-5-21
	
This document defines the Extended Report (XR) packet type for the
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP), and defines how the use of XR packets
can be signaled by an application if it employs the Session
Description Protocol (SDP).  XR packets are composed of report
blocks, and seven block types are defined here.  The purpose of the
extended reporting format is to convey information that supplements
the six statistics that are contained in the report blocks used by
RTCP's Sender Report (SR) and Receiver Report (RR) packets.  Some
applications, such as multicast inference of network characteristics
(MINC) or voice over IP (VoIP) monitoring, require other and more
detailed statistics.  In addition to the block types defined here,
additional block types may be defined in the future by adhering to
the framework that this document provides.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.