Subject: Document Action: A Framework for Layer 3 Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks to Informational (revised)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:58:38 -0400

The IESG has approved 'A Framework for Layer 3 Provider Provisioned
Virtual Private Networks' <draft-ietf-ppvpn-framework-08.txt> as an
Informational RFC.  This document is the product of the Provider
Provisioned Virtual Private Networks Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Scott Bradner.

========
RFC Editor Note:

Section 4.2.1.1, 1st paragraph

Replace OLD:
      VPN configuration information could be
      entered into the network management application and distributed via
      SNMP, XML, CLI, or other means to the remote sites.

With NEW:
      VPN configuration information could be
      entered into a network management application and distributed to the
      remote sites via the same means used to distribute other network
      management information.

----------------------------------------------
Section 4.3.6.2, 6th paragraph (5th item)

Replace OLD:
          An SP network which supports VPNs must do extensive IP address
          filtering at its borders to prevent spoofed packets from
          penetrating the VPNs. An SP network which supports VPNs must do
          extensive IP address filtering at its borders to prevent spoofed
          packets from penetrating the VPNs.

With NEW:
          An SP network which supports VPNs must do extensive IP address
          filtering at its borders to prevent spoofed packets from
          penetrating the VPNs.

----------------------------------------------
Section 4.7.1, 4th paragraph

Replace OLD:
      Use of proprietary command-line interfaces is
      highly undesirable for this task, as they do not lend themselves to
      standard representations of managed objects.

With NEW:
      Use of proprietary command-line interfaces has
      the disadvantage that proprietary interfaces do not lend themselves
      to standard representations of managed objects.

----------------------------------------------
Section 5.2, 3rd paragraph

DELETE OLD:
      With layer 3 VPNs it is normal for PEs to have a physical link per
      VPN. In this case the PEs which terminate the interworking interface
      have a tunnel per VPN.

----------------------------------------------
Intellectual Property, 1st paragraph

Replace OLD:
      The IETF has been notified of intellectual property rights claimed in
      regard to some or all of the specification contained in this
      document. For more information consult the online list of claimed
      rights.

With NEW:
      The IETF takes no position regarding the validity or scope of any
      intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to
      pertain to the implementation or use of the technology described in
      this document or the extent to which any license under such rights
      might or might not be available; neither does it represent that it
      has made any effort to identify any such rights. Information on the
      IETF's procedures with respect to rights in standards-track and
      standards-related documentation can be found in BCP-11. Copies of
      claims of rights made available for publication and any assurances of
      licenses to be made available, or the result of an attempt made to
      obtain a general license or permission for the use of such
      proprietary rights by implementors or users of this specification can
      be obtained from the IETF Secretariat.

      The IETF invites any interested party to bring to its attention any
      copyrights, patents or patent applications, or other proprietary
      rights which may cover technology that may be required to practice
      this standard. Please address the information to the IETF Executive
      Director.

      The IETF has been notified of intellectual property rights claimed in
      regard to some or all of the specification contained in this
      document. For more information consult the online list of claimed
      rights.