Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kehn-info-ppp-ipcp-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 07:59:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PPP Internet Protocol Control Protocol Extensions for
                          Route Table Entries
	Author(s)	: D. Kehn
	Filename	: draft-kehn-info-ppp-ipcp-ext-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2003-5-12
	
The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) [1] provides a standard method for
transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point links.  PPP
defines a family of Network Control Protocols (NCPs) for establishing
and configuring different network-layer protocols.  The PPP Internet
Protocol Control Protocol (IPCP) [2] defines the NCP for establishing
and configuring the Internet Protocol (IP) [3].
This document extends IPCP by defining the negotiation of IP route
table entries.  This extension provides added functionality but is
optional and preserves compatibility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kehn-info-ppp-ipcp-ext-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kehn-info-ppp-ipcp-ext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kehn-info-ppp-ipcp-ext-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.