Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhatia-ecmp-routes-in-bgp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 07:19:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Advertising Equal Cost Multi-Path (ECMP) routes in BGP
	Author(s)	: M. Bhatia
	Filename	: draft-bhatia-ecmp-routes-in-bgp-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-5-14
	
This document describes an extensible mechanism that will allow a 
BGP [BGP4] speaker to advertise equal cost multi-path (ECMP) routes 
for a destination to its peers without changing the semantics of the 
UPDATE message. 
A new BGP attribute is introduced that will be used to advertise the 
multiple next hops for the feasible and the un-feasible ECMP BGP 
routes to the remote peers.
The mechanisms described in this document are applicable to all
routers, both those with the ability to inject multiple routing 
entries in their forwarding table and those without (although the
latter need not implement some extensions described in this document).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-ecmp-routes-in-bgp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bhatia-ecmp-routes-in-bgp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-ecmp-routes-in-bgp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.