Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rajeshkumar-mmusic-gpmd-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:10:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SDP attribute for qualifying Media Formats with 
                          Generic Parameters
	Author(s)	: R. Kumar, F. Andreasen
	Filename	: draft-rajeshkumar-mmusic-gpmd-03.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-5-20
	
This document defines a new SDP attribute called general-purpose 
media descriptor (gpmd).  The gpmd attribute allows the use of new 
informative parameters, gpmd parameters, to qualify existing media 
formats.  These gpmd parameters are not part of the standard (e.g., 
MIME) definition of the media format and support for them with a 
given media format can not be assumed.  Their use is therefore 
limited to cases where they provide information that may be of use to 
the other party in a session but is not critical to the use of the 
particular media format.  This document also defines a specific gpmd 
parameter, voice-band data, which can be used to describe a media 
format as carrying voice-band data.  This enables the receiver to 
optimize its handling of the media received.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rajeshkumar-mmusic-gpmd-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rajeshkumar-mmusic-gpmd-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rajeshkumar-mmusic-gpmd-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.