Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hayashi-igap-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 07:13:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Group membership Authentication Protocol 
                          (IGAP)
	Author(s)	: T. Hayashi et al.
	Filename	: draft-hayashi-igap-02.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2003-5-29
	
This memo documents the Internet Group membership Authentication
Protocol (IGAP), a protocol developed by NTT, Nortel Networks and
Panasonic. IGAP provides not only the group membership communication
functionality between hosts and their first hop routers as IGMP does,
but also user authentication and accounting functionalities. IGAP is
designed to be used in a controlled or managed IPv4 multicast
environment.  It provides with a viable alternative to IGMP in IP
multicast networks when authentication and accounting are required.
The user authentication information in IGAP can enable a provider to
control the distribution of the multicast traffic as well as
collecting real time user accounting information in an environment
where the last hop access networks are not shared.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-igap-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hayashi-igap-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-igap-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.