Subject: DCCP design review in Vienna

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:20:44 -0400

The Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) is holding a protocol
 design review at the Vienna IETF. DCCP is a new transport protocol
 offering congestion control to (largely multimedia) flows which do not
 require the reliability of TCP. The charter page is at [1]. More
 information on the motivation for the working group can be found at
 [2].

 This working group is following an agressive schedule of about 18
 months, hoping to publish the spec this November. The three
 specification documents

     draft-ietf-dccp-spec
     draft-ietf-dccp-ccid2
     draft-ietf-dccp-ccid3

 are fairly stable and we are nearing completion of an expert review of
 the documents. (There will be a revision of the drafts before the
 IETF to incorporate some of the expert reviewer comments. Links to
 current versions can always be found on the dccp charter page.)

 We are hoping that, by holding a design review at this time, we will
 surface issues which may reveal themselves to the larger IETF
 community. Interested folks -- particularly from potential user
 communities -- are invited to attend.

 --aaron (dccp wg chair)

 [1] http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dccp-charter.html
 [2] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-problem-00.txt