Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-takeda-symmetric-nat-traversal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 07:45:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Symmetric NAT Traversal using STUN
	Author(s)	: Y. Takeda
	Filename	: draft-takeda-symmetric-nat-traversal-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2003-6-6
	
It is generally known that the binding acquisition for symmetric NATs
with STUN (Simple Traversal of UDP through NATs) protocol will not
yield a usable address for traversing symmetric NAT. The use of
symmetric RTP allows you to accompolish symmetric NAT traversal only
in situations where the other end is open to the Internet, or has a
full-cone or a restricted-cone NAT.  This document proposes an
analytical method for symmetric NATs to obtain more detailed
characteristics of the symmetric NAT using STUN, and describes how we
can establish a peer-to-peer UDP connection even in situations where
NATs (including symmetric NATs) are present at both ends.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-takeda-symmetric-nat-traversal-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-takeda-symmetric-nat-traversal-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-takeda-symmetric-nat-traversal-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.