Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pana-requirements-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:29:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol for carrying Authentication for Network Access Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network 
                          Access (PANA)Requirements
	Author(s)	: A. Yegin, Y. Ohba et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pana-requirements-07.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-6-20
	
It is expected that future IP devices will have a variety of access 
technologies to gain network connectivity. Currently there are 
access-specific mechanisms for providing client information to the 
network for authentication and authorization purposes. In addition 
to being limited to specific access media (e.g., 802.1X for IEEE 802 
links), some of these protocols are limited to specific network 
topologies (e.g., PPP for point-to-point links). The goal of this 
document is to identify the requirements for a link-layer agnostic 
protocol that allows a host and a network to authenticate each other 
for network access. This protocol will run between a client's device 
and an agent in the network where the agent might be a client of the 
AAA infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-requirements-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pana-requirements-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-requirements-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.