Subject: Document Action: IPv6 Global Unicast Address Format to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:00:41 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IPv6 Global Unicast 
 Address Format' <draft-ietf-ipv6-unicast-aggr-v2-02.txt> as an 
 Informational RFC. This document will replace RFC2374 and 
 reclassify RFC 2374 (and the TLA/NLA structure described there) 
 as historic.

 This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group.
 The IESG contact persons are Thomas Narten and Erik Nordmark.

 Technical Summary
   
 RFC2374 "An IPv6 Aggregatable Global Unicast Address Format" 
 defined an IPv6 address allocation structure that includes TLA 
 (Top Level Aggregator) and NLA (Next Level Aggregator). This 
 document replaces RFC2374, and makes RFC 2374 and the TLA/NLA 
 structure historic.
   
 Working Group Summary
   
 There was support for this in the WG; this document documents 
 what the WG decided quite some time ago.
   
 Protocol Quality
   
   This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.