Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-referredby-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:31:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The SIP Referred-By Mechanism
	Author(s)	: R. Sparks
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-referredby-02.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2003-6-18
	
The SIP REFER method [2] provides a mechanism where one party (the
referrer) gives a second party (the referree) an arbitrary URI to
reference.  If that URI is a SIP URI, the referree will send a SIP
request, often an INVITE, to that URI (the refer target).  This
document extends the REFER method allowing the referrer to provide
information about the reference to the refer target using the
referree as an intermediary.  This information includes the identity
of the referrer and the URI to which the referrer referred.  The
mechanism utilizes S/MIME to help protect this information from a
malicious intermediary.  This protection is optional, but a recipient
may refuse to accept a request unless it is present.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-referredby-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-referredby-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-referredby-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.