Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fu-ccamp-traceroute-00.txt,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:33:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Proposal for Generic Traceroute Over Tunnels
	Author(s)	: X. Fu, R. Soltwisch
	Filename	: draft-fu-ccamp-traceroute-00.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-6-26
	
We identify some issues for generic traceroute for tunnels (tunnel-
trace): (1) it is possible that some IP hops do not support tunneltrace, 
(2) for each tunnel wishing to be traced, at least the two end points 
should support the tunneltrace, (3) tracing message should be able to by-pass firewalls and NATs. One possible solution, based on the CASP 
signaling protocol (stateless mode), is proposed to support generic 
routetracing over tunnels.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fu-ccamp-traceroute-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fu-ccamp-traceroute-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fu-ccamp-traceroute-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.