Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-van-beijnum-multi6-2pi1a-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:05:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Two Prefixes in One Address
	Author(s)	: I. van Beijnum
	Filename	: draft-van-beijnum-multi6-2pi1a-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2003-6-25
	
This memo presents a possible solution to the multihoming in IPv6
problem. It borrows from earlier 8+8 and GSE proposals but it diverts
from these approaches in order to be more readily deployable.
A source host that wants to initiate communications looks up the IPv6
addresses that will function as the transport-layer identifier and
the IP-level locators for the remote end in the DNS and collapses
both of its own addresses into a single one. This makes it possible
to communicate without prior negotiation, but without opening the
door to trivial identity theft that must be repaired by cryptographic
means.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-multi6-2pi1a-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-van-beijnum-multi6-2pi1a-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-multi6-2pi1a-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.