Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ono-sipping-end2middle-security-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:08:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: End-to-middle security in the Session Initiation 
                          Protocol(SIP)
	Author(s)	: K. Ono, S. Tachimoto
	Filename	: draft-ono-sipping-end2middle-security-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2003-6-26
	
End-to-end encryption for confidentiality services can conflict with
some of the features provided by intermediaries.  For example, if a
SIP UA encrypts the message body by using S/MIME for end-to-end
security, it cannot use features that the proxy employs to inspect
the message body contained in the request.  This situation requires
securing information passed between the UA and an intermediary proxy,
also called 'end-to-middle security', which can work with end-to-end
security.  This document describes a method of achieving
end-to-middle security, allowing a SIP UA to disclose message data to
selected intermediaries and protect the data from being seen by other
intermediaries. It describes how to apply S/MIME CMS EnvelopedData
body for use in end-to-middle security.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ono-sipping-end2middle-security-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ono-sipping-end2middle-security-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ono-sipping-end2middle-security-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.