Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-koodli-seamoby-hc-relocate-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:10:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Context Relocation for Seamless Header Compression in 
                          IP Networks
	Author(s)	: R. Koodli et al.
	Filename	: draft-koodli-seamoby-hc-relocate-02.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2003-6-26
	
In networks with bandwidth constraints, such as wireless cellular
networks, compression of IP and transport headers may be employed to
obtain better utilization of the available spectrum capacity.  When
header compression is used along with handovers in such networks,
the header compression context needs to be relocated from one IP
access point (i.e., a router) to another in order to achieve seamless
operation.  In this document, we propose a mechanism to achieve this
compression context relocation using options for the handover ICMP
messages defined for IPv6 and suboptions for the destination options
used by mobile nodes to request smooth handovers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koodli-seamoby-hc-relocate-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-koodli-seamoby-hc-relocate-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-koodli-seamoby-hc-relocate-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.