Subject: BCP 73, RFC 3553 on An IETF URN Sub-namespace for Registered Protocol Parameters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:33:14 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 73
        RFC 3553

        Title:      An IETF URN Sub-namespace for Registered Protocol
                    Parameters
        Author(s):  M. Mealling, L. Masinter, T. Hardie, G. Klyne
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       June 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14815
        See Also:   BCP 73

        I-D Tag:    draft-mealling-iana-urn-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3553.txt

This document describes a new sub-delegation for the 'ietf' URN
namespace for registered protocol items.  The 'ietf' URN namespace is
defined in RFC 2648 as a root for persistent URIs that refer to
IETF-defined resources.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.