Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pillay-esnault-ospf-flooding-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:19:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF Refresh and Flooding Reduction in Stable 
                          Topologies
	Author(s)	: P. Pillay-Esnault
	Filename	: draft-pillay-esnault-ospf-flooding-06.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2003-6-11
	
This document describes an extension to the OSPF protocol to 
reduce periodic flooding of Link State Advertisements in 
stable topologies.
The OSPF current behavior requires that all LSAs other than DoNotAge
LSAs to be refreshed every 30 minutes. This document proposes to
generalize the use of DoNotAge LSAs to reduce protocol traffic in
stable topologies

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pillay-esnault-ospf-flooding-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pillay-esnault-ospf-flooding-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pillay-esnault-ospf-flooding-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.