Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-baker-slem-architecture-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 07:46:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Cisco Support for Lawful Intercept In IP Networks
	Author(s)	: F. Baker, B. Foster, C. Sharp
	Filename	: draft-baker-slem-architecture-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2003-6-2
	
For the purposes of this document, lawful intercept is the lawfully 
authorized interception and monitoring of communications. Service 
providers are being asked to meet legal and regulatory requirements 
for the interception of voice as well as data communications in IP 
networks in a variety of countries worldwide. Although requirements 
vary from country to country, some requirements remain common even 
though details such as delivery formats may differ. This document 
describes Cisco's Architecture for supporting lawful intercept in IP 
networks. It provides a general solution that has a minimum set of 
common interfaces.  This document does not attempt to address any of 
the specific legal requirements or obligations that may exist in a 
particular country.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-slem-architecture-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-baker-slem-architecture-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-baker-slem-architecture-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.