Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-blumenthal-intermediary-transport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:56:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Securely Enabling Intermediary-based Transport 
                          Services
	Author(s)	: U. Blumenthal et al.
	Filename	: draft-blumenthal-intermediary-transport-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2003-6-23
	
The growth of the Internet has witnessed an emergence of transport
services that rely on or can benefit from assistance of network
intermediaries between communicating end-points.  Such services,
for example, include TCP performance enhancements, multimedia
packet filtering, header compression, and prevention of
Denial-of-Service.  In this draft, we describe some of the
important aspects of the problem of securely enabling
intermediary-based services.  We also present several scenarios
where this problem is manifested.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-blumenthal-intermediary-transport-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-blumenthal-intermediary-transport-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-blumenthal-intermediary-transport-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.