Subject: Document Action: IANA Charset MIB to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 12:28:49 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IANA Charset MIB'
<draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt> as an Informational RFC.
This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Ted Hardie.
 
Technical Summary
 
      This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
      for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
      This IANA Charset MIB is [intended to become] an IANA registry. In
      particular, a single textual convention 'IANACharset' is defined that
      may be used to specify charset labels in MIB objects. 'IANACharset'
      was extracted from Printer MIB v2 (work-in-progress). 'IANACharset'
      was originally defined (and mis-named) as 'CodedCharSet' in Printer
      MIB v1 (RFC 1759). A tool has been written in C, that may be used by
      IANA to regenerate this IANA Charset MIB, when future charsets are in
      accordance with the IANA Charset Registration Procedures (RFC 2978).
 
Working Group Summary
 
    This document was reviewed by the Internet Print Protocol Working Group
    but is not a product of that group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
    Bert Wijnen and Ned Freed reviewed the document for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

  The copyright notice in the MIB module does not conform to the
  recently-adopted format for IANA-maintained MIB modules. The notice
  in the DESCRIPTION clause of the MODULE-IDENTITY statement needs to
  be changed from:

      Copyright (C) The Internet Society (year). This
      version of this MIB module is part of RFC xxxx;
      see the RFC itself for full legal notices."

  to:

      Copyright (C) The Internet Society (year). The
      initial version of this MIB module was published
      in RFC xxxx. For full legal notices see the RFC
      itself or see: http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html"