Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-boyle-tewg-interarea-reqts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:53:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for support of Inter-Area and Inter-AS 
                          MPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: J. Boyle
	Filename	: draft-boyle-tewg-interarea-reqts-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2003-6-24
	
Traffic engineering using MPLS within a single IGP area has become
quite prevalent in networks today.  This gives a network operator
several advantages, including better traffic measurement
capabilities, faster restoration times, and of course the ability
to better manage congestion points within their network.  However,
the current uses have been limited to one IGP area.  OSPF based
networks usually do traffic engineering only in their backbone
area, and many ISIS networks still operate at a single level.  It
would be useful to be able to extend these capabilities across
hierarchical areas within a single IGP, as well as to be able to
extend across AS boundaries if it is so-found to be useful and
possible.  This document first breaks down some of the current
applications of MPLS TE, and then it addresses how these might be
used (or precluded) across IGP areas or AS boundaries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boyle-tewg-interarea-reqts-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-boyle-tewg-interarea-reqts-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-boyle-tewg-interarea-reqts-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.