Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jin-wei-low-tcp-fast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:51:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: FAST TCP for High-Speed Long-Distance Networks
	Author(s)	: C. Jin et al.
	Filename	: draft-jin-wei-low-tcp-fast-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-6-24
	
This document proposes FAST TCP, a modification to the TCP congestion 
control algorithm for high-speed long-distance networks. The 
standard AIMD congestion control mechanism in current TCP 
constrains the size of congestion window under realistic network
conditions, resulting in low throughput in high-speed long-distance
networks. FAST TCP uses additional feedback information to
detect and control network congestion to achieve higher throughput.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jin-wei-low-tcp-fast-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jin-wei-low-tcp-fast-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jin-wei-low-tcp-fast-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.