Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vasseur-mpls-loose-path-reopt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:52:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Reoptimization of MPLS Traffic Engineering loosely 
                          routed explicit LSP paths
	Author(s)	: J. Vasseur, Y. Ikejiri
	Filename	: draft-vasseur-mpls-loose-path-reopt-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-6-27
	
The aim of this document is to propose a mechanism for the 
reoptimization of MPLS Traffic Engineering loosely routed explicit LSP 
paths. A loosely routed explicit LSP path is  a path specified as a 
combination of strict and loose hop(s) that contains at least one loose 
hop and zero or more strict hop(s). The path calculation (which implies 
ERO expansion) to reach a loose hop is made on the previous hop defined 
in the TE LSP path. This draft proposes a mechanism that allows: 
- The TE LSP Head-end LSR to trigger a new ERO expansion on every 
hop having a next hop defined as a loose hop,   
- An LSR to signal to the TE LSP head-end that a better path exists 
to reach a loose hop (than the current path in use). A better path 
is defined as a path with a lower cost, where the cost is determined 
by the metric used to compute the path.  
This primarily applies to inter-area TE LSPs and inter-AS TE LSPs when 
the path is defined as a list of loose hops (generally the loose hops 
are the ABRs/ASBRs) but the following mechanism is also applicable to 
any loosely routed explicit path within a single routing domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-mpls-loose-path-reopt-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vasseur-mpls-loose-path-reopt-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vasseur-mpls-loose-path-reopt-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.