Subject: Impending Publication: draft-iab-service-id-considerations-01.txt

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:47:58 -0400

The IAB is ready to ask the RFC-Editor to publish

   Considerations on the use of a Service Identifier in Packet Headers
                                 draft-iab-service-id-considerations-01.txt

 as an Informational RFC. This document describes some considerations
 relating to the use of IP protocol number fields and payload protocol 
 (e.g. TCP) port fields in protocols and deployed services. The IAB would
 like to ensure that the IETF community has had an opportunity to
 read it and comment before its publication.

 The IAB solicits comments by July 7, 2003. Please send
 comments to the IAB ([email-masked]), or to [email-masked].

 The document can be found at

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-service-id-considerations-01.txt

 Abstract

         This memo describes some considerations relating to the use of IP
         protocol number fields and payload protocol (e.g. TCP) port fields
         to identify particular services that may be associated with that port
         number or protocol number.

 Leslie Daigle
 For the IAB