Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-gsec-lifecycle-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:28:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Life cycle key management costs in secure multicast
	Author(s)	: M. Howarth et al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-gsec-lifecycle-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-6-20
	
This Internet-Draft considers efficient key management for
encrypted multicast traffic in large groups, where the group size
and dynamics have a significant impact on the network load.  We
consider the life cycle key management costs of a multicast 
connection, and show for a Logical Key Hierarchy (LKH) how member
pre-registration and periodic admission reduces the initialization 
cost, and how the optimum outdegree of a hierarchical tree varies 
with the expected member volatility and rekey factor.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-gsec-lifecycle-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-gsec-lifecycle-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-gsec-lifecycle-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.