Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:18:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Memorandum for multi-domain PKI Interoperability
	Author(s)	: M. SHIMAOKA
	Filename	: draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2003-6-26
	
This memo is used to share the awareness necessary to deployment of
multi-domain PKI. Scope of this memo is to establish trust
relationship and interoperability between plural PKI domains.  Both
single-domain PKI and multi-domain PKI are established by the trust
relationships between CAs.  Typical and primitive PKI models are
specified as single-domain PKI.  Multi-domain PKI established by
plural single-domsin PKI is categorized as multi-trust point model
and single-trust point model. Multi-trust point model is based on
trust list model, and single-trust point model is based on cross-
certification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shimaoka-multidomain-pki-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.