Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-calhoun-seamoby-lwapp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 07:47:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Light Weight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP)
	Author(s)	: P. Calhoun et al.
	Filename	: draft-calhoun-seamoby-lwapp-02.txt
	Pages		: 59
	Date		: 2003-6-2
	
While conventional wisdom has it that wireless Access Points are
strictly Layer 2 bridges, such devices today perform some higher
functions that are performed by routers or switches in wired networks
in addition to bridging between wired and wireless networks.  For
example, in 802.11 networks, Access Points can function as Network
Access Servers.  For this reason, Access Points have IP addresses and
can function as IP devices.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-seamoby-lwapp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-calhoun-seamoby-lwapp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-calhoun-seamoby-lwapp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.