Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-huitema-multi6-experiment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:29:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simple Dual Homing Experiment
	Author(s)	: C. Huitema, D. Kessens
	Filename	: draft-huitema-multi6-experiment-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2003-6-20
	
The current Internet routing architecture does not provide for a
scalable multi-homing solution. Scalability of the interdomain
routing architecture is already a problem and is expected to become
an even larger problem if millions of home users and small
businesses will start to use multi-homing technology in order to
achieve redundancy and reliability that traditionally can only be
provided by BGP multi-homing.
Authors believe that it is possible to solve the problems of end-
users and small businesses with a multi-addressing mechanism and
source address selection mechanism instead of using the routing
system.
This draft proposes a setup that will allow us to try a multi-
addressing solution. Instead of trying to solve the problems for
more complex network setups, it was decided to go for a solution
that covers most simple setups but that cover the majority of home
and small business networks. Authors believe that we can more easily
reach progress by starting with a simple solution that can later be
extended to solve the issues of a larger class of users.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huitema-multi6-experiment-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-huitema-multi6-experiment-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-huitema-multi6-experiment-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.