Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:04:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RADIUS Issues in Public Wireless LAN Roaming Scenarios
	Author(s)	: F. Adrangi et al.
	Filename	: draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-6-25
	
There are a number of IETF drafts that describe use of RADIUS in a 
variety of scenarios.  However, in the context of Public Wireless 
LAN (PWLAN) deployments, there are still some areas where either 
use of RADIUS is unclear or not covered. To address this problem, 
we first need to generate a list of RADIUS issues significant to 
public wireless LAN roaming (authenticating and obtaining service 
on a network operated by or affiliated with a home providerÆs 
'roaming partner').  Once these issues are understood and 
analyzed, we can take appropriate actions to solve them.  This 
document describes some of RADIUS issues encountered in PWLAN 
deployments and roaming scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.