Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for the Ethernet-like Interface Types to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:21:55 -0400

The IESG has approved the following documents. These documents
are the product of the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB Working
Group. The IESG contact persons are Randy Bush and Bert Wijnen

o Definitions of Managed Objects for the Ethernet-like Interface Types
    <draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-v3-03.txt>
    Proposed Standard
                                                                                                                                                                             
o Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3 Medium Attachment Units (MAUs)
    <draft-ietf-hubmib-mau-mib-v3-04.txt>
    Proposed Standard
                                                                                                                                                                             
o Definition of Managed Objects for the Ethernet WAN Interface Sublayer
    <draft-ietf-hubmib-wis-mib-07.txt>
    Proposed Standard
                                                                                                                                                                             
o Applicability Statement for Reclassification of RFC 1643 to Historic Status
    <draft-ietf-hubmib-1643-to-historic-01.txt>
    Informational

At the same time, the IESG approved the re-classification of RFC1643
to Historic Status.
 
Technical Summary
 
  o Definitions of Managed Objects for the Ethernet-like Interface Types.

      This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
      for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
      In particular, it defines objects for managing Ethernet-like
      interfaces.

      This memo obsoletes RFC 2665. It updates that specification by
      including management information useful for the management of 10
      Gigabit per second (Gb/s) Ethernet interfaces.

  o Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3 Medium Attachment
      Units (MAUs)

      This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
      for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
      In particular, it defines objects for managing IEEE 802.3 Medium
      Attachment Units (MAUs).

      This memo obsoletes RFC 2668. This memo extends that specification
      by including management information useful for the management of 10
      gigabit per second (Gb/s) MAUs. This memo also obsoletes RFC 1515.
                                                                                                                                                                             
  o Definition of Managed Objects for the Ethernet WAN Interface Sublayer

      This document defines a portion of the Management Information Base
      (MIB) for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP based
      internets. In particular, it defines objects for managing the
      Ethernet Wide Area Network (WAN) Interface Sublayer (WIS).

      The MIB module defined in this memo is an extension of the SONET/SDH
      Interface MIB and is implemented in conjunction with it and with the
      Ethernet-like Interface MIB, the 802.3 Medium Attachment Unit MIB,
      the Interfaces Group MIB, and the Inverted Stack Table MIB.
                                                                                                                                                                             
  o Applicability Statement for Reclassification of RFC 1643 to Historic
      Status

      This memo recommends that RFC 1643 be reclassified as an Historic
      document and provides the supporting motivation for that
      recommendation.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  There is Working Group Consensus on the above documents for Proposed
  Standard and for reclassification of RFC1643 to Historic Status.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  These documents have been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.

RFC-Editor note:

In document draft-ietf-hubmib-mau-mib-v3-04.txt, pls remove an
extraneous "IANA. " on page 25.

CURRENT TEXT:
       DESCRIPTION "This object identifies the MAU type. Values for
       standard IEEE 802.3 MAU types are defined above.
       IANA. If the MAU type is unknown, the object identifier

SHOULD BE:
       DESCRIPTION "This object identifies the MAU type. Values for
       standard IEEE 802.3 MAU types are defined above.
       If the MAU type is unknown, the object identifier

Bert