Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kompella-mpls-rsvp-constraints-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:30:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Carrying Constraints in RSVP
	Author(s)	: K. Kompella
	Filename	: draft-kompella-mpls-rsvp-constraints-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-6-18
	
Constraint-based routing is the computation of a path through a
network that satisfies some constraints.  Typically, some device A
obtains the constraints (perhaps through configuration), and also
knows the network topology and resources, and thereby computes the
path.  However, in certain cases, the device A that knows the
constraints cannot compute the full path.  In such cases, it is
useful for A to be able to communicate the constraints to some other
device B that can carry out or complete the computation, and
moreover, to communicate these constraints in an extensible,
interoperable fashion, and such that A's semantics are understood by
B.  This document suggests one such means of constraint
communication: use a signalling mechanism (such as RSVP) for carrying
the constraints, and carry the constraints as a program.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-mpls-rsvp-constraints-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kompella-mpls-rsvp-constraints-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kompella-mpls-rsvp-constraints-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.