Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-crouzet-amtp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:51:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Authenticated Mail Transfer Protocol
	Author(s)	: B. Crouzet
	Filename	: draft-crouzet-amtp-00.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2003-6-12
	
Authenticated Mail Transfer Protocol is a second version of Simple 
Mail Transfer Protocol. Authenticated Mail Transfer Protocol (AMTP) 
improves Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) and modifies the 
protocol in order to protect email against anonymous mails. The 
improvements included in Authenticated Mail Transfer Protocol will be 
helpful for the Internet community. 
The purpose of this document is to describe the different states of 
Authenticated Mail Transfer Protocol to the Internet community. There 
are five states:  
=> Identified: It is used to identify the user to the server. 
=> Email: It is used to send an email. 
=> Logout: It is used to release any resources in the server when the 
user closes the connection. 
=> Information: It is used to inform the recipientÆs server that an 
email is waiting to be retrieved on the senderÆs server. 
=> Retrieved: It is used to instruct the recipientÆs server to 
retrieve the email from the senderÆs server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crouzet-amtp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-crouzet-amtp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-crouzet-amtp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.