Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-duquer-fmke-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:52:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Flat Multicast Key Exchange protocol
	Author(s)	: L. Duquerroy, S. Josset
	Filename	: draft-duquer-fmke-00.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2003-6-17
	
This document presents a new group key management protocol called 
FMKE (Flat Multicast Key Exchange). Its objective is to manage 
securely group Security Associations (SA), i.e. establish and update 
SAs in Group members. These members can be identified for instance 
by a multicast IP address, a virtual LAN identifier, or a generic 
group label. This protocol is based on a centralized management, 
achieved by the GCKS (Group Controller and Key Server). It is 
destined to be used by Data Security protocols which wish to secure 
group communications. For the time being, the considered Data 
Security protocol is a multicast version of the IPSEC ESP protocol, 
but other Data Security protocols could be envisaged. The FMKE 
protocol exchanges TEKs (Traffic Encryption Keys) and KEKs (Key 
Encryption Keys). The FMKE protocol is optimized for very large 
groups with direct connections such as satellite systems, or wireless
systems such as WIFI.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duquer-fmke-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-duquer-fmke-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-duquer-fmke-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.