Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:03:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fast Handover for Hierarchical MIPv6 (F-HMIPv6)
	Author(s)	: H. Jung et al.
	Filename	: draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-6-25
	
This document addresses Fast Handover over HMIPv6 networks. A simple 
integration of FMIPv6 with HMIPv6 may induce unnecessary processing 
overhead for re-tunneling at the previous Access Router and 
inefficient usage of network bandwidth. This document describes the 
Fast Handover for HMIPv6 (F-HMIPv6), which is designed to be friendly 
with the data transport feature of HMIPv6. In F-HMIPv6, the Mobile 
Nodes inform the MAP about its movement anticipation and thus the bi-
directional tunnels for fast handover are established between MAP and 
NAR, not between PAR and NAR. The F-HMIPv6 scheme utilizes the 
existing FMIPv6 messages, without defining any new control messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jung-mobileip-fastho-hmipv6-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.