Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-teraoka-ipng-lin6-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:51:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LIN6: A Solution to Mobility and Multi-Homing in IPv6
	Author(s)	: F. Teraoka et al.
	Filename	: draft-teraoka-ipng-lin6-02.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2003-6-27
	
LIN6 is a protocol supporting mobility and multi-homing in IPv6.  LIN6
introduces the node id, not the interface id, for each node.  Each node
can be identified by its node id no matter where the node is connected
and no matter how many interfaces the node has.  In the IPv6 layer,
64-bit node id called LIN6 ID is used while 128-bit node-id called LIN6
generalized ID is used above the Transport layer.  TCP connections and
security associations can be preserved even if the node moves to another
subnet or the node changes the using interface in a multi-homing
environment without modifying TCP or IPsec.  In comparison with Mobile
IPv6, LIN6 has several advantages in terms of header overhead and fault
tolerance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-teraoka-ipng-lin6-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-teraoka-ipng-lin6-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-teraoka-ipng-lin6-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.