Subject: WG Action: Content Distribution Internetworking (cdi) to conclude

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:13:46 -0400

The Content Distribution Internetworking (cdi) Working Group in the 
Applications Area of the IETF has concluded.

The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and Ted Hardie.

CDI's original goal was to define protocols to allow separately administered
content networks to interoperate. Its initial charter was limited to the
description of requirements, models, and scenarios. It was anticipated
that the group would re-charter when that work was complete, in
order to develop the protocols themselves.

The group developed a set of scenarios, a taxonomy of request routing
mechanisms known at a set point in time, and a document containing
an abstract model of content network interworking. These documents are
forthcoming as Informational RFCs. The other milestones for the 
group will not be
met, as the Chair, document authors, and IESG have agreed that there
is insufficient energy in the group to carry the work forward. The IESG also
agreed to close the group in advance of the publication of the Informational
RFCs still in queue, as it believes that any issues raised by the RFC Editor
will need to be resolved by the authors rather than in this forum.