Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kawakami-vlan-lsp-signalling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:04:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Method to Set up LSP using VLAN Tag Switching
	Author(s)	: T. Kawakami et al.
	Filename	: draft-kawakami-vlan-lsp-signalling-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2003-6-25
	
This document describes a method to set up a Layer 2 tunnel over 
Ethernet-based networks. For this purpose, the ports of an Ethernet 
switch are configured to forward VLAN tag-labeled frames incoming 
from a certain port to another unambiguous port by using only the 
VLAN tag information. The Ethernet switches form the transport plane 
and are a part of Label Switching Routers (LSRs). In the control 
plane the VLAN tags are distribute using Label Distribution Protocol 
(LDP) and Resource Reservation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-
TE). To enable LDP and RSVP-TE to fulfil that function, this document 
proposes extensions in these protocols. The introduced method 
simplifies the control and management of wide area Ethernet networks 
and limits the distribution of broadcast/multicast frames.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kawakami-vlan-lsp-signalling-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kawakami-vlan-lsp-signalling-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kawakami-vlan-lsp-signalling-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.