Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pfeiffer-annodex-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:51:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Specification of the ANNODEX(TM) annotation format for
                          time-continuous bitstreams, Version 1.0
	Author(s)	: S. Pfeiffer, C. Parker
	Filename	: draft-pfeiffer-annodex-00.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2003-6-9
	
This specification defines a file format for annotating and indexing
time-continuous bitstreams for the World Wide Web.  The format has
been named ANNODEX(TM) for annotating and indexing.  The ANNODEX(TM)
format enables the specification of named anchor points in
time-continuous bitstreams together with textual annotations and
hyperlinks in URI [4] format.  These anchor points are merged
time-synchronously with the time-continuous bitstreams on authoring a
file in ANNODEX(TM) format.  The ultimate aim of the ANNODEX(TM)
format is to enable an integration of time-continous bitstreams into
the browsing and searching functionality of the World Wide Web.
At this point in time, the right to produce derivative works is not
granted to the IETF as the authors are uncertain about the necessity
to create a working group.  The specification is not encumbered by
patents.  The ANNODEX(TM) format is protected by a trademark to
prevent the use of the term 'annodex' for any related but
non-conformant and therefore non-interoperable technology.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfeiffer-annodex-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pfeiffer-annodex-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pfeiffer-annodex-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.