Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lefaucheur-mp-nh-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:18:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP-4 Multiprotocol Next Hop Attribute
	Author(s)	: F. Le Faucheur et al.
	Filename	: draft-lefaucheur-mp-nh-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-6-11
	
This document specifies a new BGP attribute, called the BGP-4 
Multiprotocol Next Hop (MP_NEXT_HOP), which can optionally be used 
in conjunction with the MP_REACH_NLRI defined in [MP-BGP] (or the 
NLRI field defined in BGP-4) to advertise next hop information 
associated with a different Network Layer protocol to the one 
associated with the NLRI. This is desirable or required in a number 
of environments, but is not currently possible with [MP-BGP]. 
In addition, the MP_NEXT_HOP provides the generic capability to 
advertise information (set of TLVs) associated with the next hop. 
Finally, provision is made for a future potential extension to allow 
advertisement of multiple next hops.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lefaucheur-mp-nh-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lefaucheur-mp-nh-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lefaucheur-mp-nh-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.