Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:50:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: 6bone (IPv6 Testing Address Allocation) Phaseout
	Author(s)	: R. Fink, R. Hinden
	Filename	: draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-03.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2003-6-9
	
The 6bone was established in 1996 by the IETF as an IPv6 Testbed
network to enable various IPv6 testing as well as to assist in the
transitioning of IPv6 into the Internet. It operates under the IPv6
address allocation 3FFE::/16 from RFC 2471. As IPv6 is beginning its
production deployment it is appropriate to plan for the phaseout of
the 6bone. This note establishes a plan for a multi-year phaseout of
the 6bone and its address allocation on the assumption that the IETF
is the appropriate place to determine this.
This document is intended to obsolete RFC 2471, 'IPv6 Testing Address
Allocation', December, 1998.  RFC 2471 will become historic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.