Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-riikonen-silc-ke-auth-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:56:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SILC Key Exchange and Authentication Protocols
	Author(s)	: P. Riikonen
	Filename	: draft-riikonen-silc-ke-auth-07.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2003-6-16
	
This memo describes two protocols used in the Secure Internet Live
Conferencing (SILC) protocol, specified in the Secure Internet Live
Conferencing, Protocol Specification [SILC1].  The SILC Key Exchange
(SKE) protocol provides secure key exchange between two parties
resulting into shared secret key material.  The protocol is based
on Diffie-Hellman key exchange algorithm and its functionality is
derived from several key exchange protocols.  SKE use best parts
of the SSH2 Key Exchange protocol, Station-To-Station (STS) protocol
and the OAKLEY Key Determination protocol [OAKLEY].
The second protocol, SILC Connection Authentication protocol provides
user level authentication used when creating connections in SILC
network.  The protocol is transparent to the authentication data
which means that it can be used to authenticate the user with, for
example, passphrase (pre-shared secret) or public key (and certificate)
based on digital signatures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-riikonen-silc-ke-auth-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-riikonen-silc-ke-auth-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-riikonen-silc-ke-auth-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.