Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kato-pkix-ecc-oef-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:09:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Use of the Odd Characteristic Extension Field in
                          the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
                          Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) 
                          Profile
	Author(s)	: A. Kato et al.
	Filename	: draft-kato-pkix-ecc-oef-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-6-26
	
This document specifies algorithm identifiers and ASN.1 [X.660]
encoding formats for additional elliptic curve field for digital 
signatures and subject public keys used in the Internet X.509 Public 
Key Infrastructure (PKI).  This specification supplements [RFC 3280], 
'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure:  Certificate and 
Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile.' and [RFC3279] 'Algorithms 
and Identifiers for the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile. ' 
Implementations of this specification MUST also conform to RFC 3280
and RFC 3279.
In RFC 3279 only prime-field and two-characteristic-field were used as 
field which defines an elliptic curve. This document introduce
odd-characteristic-extension-field as the 3rd field.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kato-pkix-ecc-oef-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kato-pkix-ecc-oef-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kato-pkix-ecc-oef-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.