Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-isns-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:52:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Storage Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Storage Name Service (iSNS)
	Author(s)	: J. Tseng, K. Gibbons
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ips-isns-20.txt
	Pages		: 111
	Date		: 2003-6-27
	
This document specifies the Internet Storage Name Service (iSNS) 
protocol, which is used for interaction between iSNS servers and iSNS 
clients in order to facilitate automated discovery, management, and 
configuration of iSCSI and Fibre Channel devices (using iFCP 
gateways) on a TCP/IP network.  iSNS provides intelligent storage 
discovery and management services comparable to those found in Fibre 
Channel networks, allowing a commodity IP network to function in a 
similar capacity as a storage area network.  iSNS also facilitates a 
seamless integration of IP and Fibre Channel networks, due to its 
ability to emulate Fibre Channel fabric services, and manage both 
iSCSI and Fibre Channel devices.  iSNS thereby provides value in any 
storage network comprised of iSCSI devices, Fibre Channel devices 
(using iFCP gateways), or any combination thereof.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-isns-20.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ips-isns-20.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-isns-20.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.