Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-send-cga-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:57:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Securing Neighbor Discovery Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA)
	Author(s)	: T. Aura
	Filename	: draft-ietf-send-cga-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-6-16
	
This document describes a method for binding a public signature key 
to an IPv6 address in Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND).  
Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA) are IPv6 addresses 
where the interface identifier is generated by computing a 
cryptographic one-way hash function from the address owner's public 
key and auxiliary parameters. The binding between the public key 
and the address can be verified by re-computing the hash value and 
by comparing the hash with the interface identifier. SEND protocol 
messages are protected with an Authentication Header (AH) that 
contains the public key and the auxiliary parameters and is signed 
with the corresponding private key. The protection works without a 
certification authority or other security infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-send-cga-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-send-cga-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-send-cga-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.