Subject: Document Action: IPv6 Global Unicast Address Format to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:00:26 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IPv6 Global Unicast 
 Address Format' <draft-ietf-ipv6-unicast-aggr-v2-03.txt> as an 
 Informational RFC. This document will replace RFC2374 and reclassify 
 RFC 2374 (and the TLA/NLA structure described there) as historic.

 This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group.
 The IESG contact persons are Thomas Narten and Erik Nordmark.

 Technical Summary
   
 RFC2374 "An IPv6 Aggregatable Global Unicast Address Format" defined
 an IPv6 address allocation structure that includes TLA (Top Level
 Aggregator) and NLA (Next Level Aggregator). This document replaces
 RFC2374, and makes RFC 2374 and the TLA/NLA structure historic.
   
 Working Group Summary
   
   There was support for this in the WG; this document documents what
   the WG decided quite some time ago.
   
 Protocol Quality
   
   This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.