Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-karthikeyan-autosummarization-in-ripv2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 07:57:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Auto Summarization in RIPv2
	Author(s)	: S. Karthikeyan, S. Srivastava
	Filename	: draft-karthikeyan-autosummarization-in-ripv2-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-6-3
	
This document describes an extensible mechanism that allows a 
RIPv2 [RIP2] speaker to advertise summarized routes to its peers 
without changing the format of the RESPONSE message. 
Summarized routes are carried in RESPONSE message like normal
RIPv2 routes. Summarized routes are treated as normal routes on 
the receiving side. No extra provisions are required to discriminate
between summarized and normal routes.
The mechanisms described in this document is OPTIONAL and is 
applicable to all RIPv2 speaking routers, with some modifications 
in the routing information base and output processing for storing 
and advertising summary routes. This mechanism cannot be applied to 
RIPv1 [RIP1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-karthikeyan-autosummarization-in-ripv2-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-karthikeyan-autosummarization-in-ripv2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-karthikeyan-autosummarization-in-ripv2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.