Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fair-ipdvb-req-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 07:45:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for transmission of IP datagrams over 
                          MPEG-2 networks
	Author(s)	: G. Fairhurst et al.
	Filename	: draft-fair-ipdvb-req-03.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2003-6-6
	
This document contains requirements for a framework for transport of 
IP Datagrams over ISO MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). The MPEG-2 TS 
has been widely accepted not only for providing digital TV services, 
but also as a subnetwork technology for building IP networks. 
Examples include the Digital Video Broadcast (DVB), specified by 
standards published by the European Telecommunications Standards 
Institute (ETSI) and the ATSC Digital Television Standard specified 
by the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).  
It identifies the need for the definition of a set of network 
protocols to standardise the interface between the MPEG-2 Transport 
Stream and an IP subnetwork. It also suggests an optimised 
encapsulation method for IP datagrams. The requirements for these 
functions are described, and a framework proposed for their 
implementation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-req-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fair-ipdvb-req-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fair-ipdvb-req-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.