Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hayashi-mlda-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:51:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Listener Discovery Authentication protocol 
                          (MLDA)
	Author(s)	: T. Hayashi et al.
	Filename	: draft-hayashi-mlda-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2003-6-9
	
This memo documents the Multicast Listener Discovery Authentication
protocol (MLDA). MLDA provides not only the functionality of
multicast listener discovery between hosts and their first hop 
routers as MLD does, but also user authentication and accounting
functionalities.  MLDA is designed to be used in a controlled or
managed IPv6 multicast environment. It provides with a viable
alternative to MLD in IP multicast networks when authentication and
accounting are required. The user authentication information in MLDA
can enable a provider to control the distribution of the multicast
traffic as well as collecting real time user accounting
information. MLDA also use same ICMPv6 [ICMPv6] (IP Protocol 58)
message types, rather than IGMP (IP Protocol 2) message types as same
as that of MLD.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-mlda-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hayashi-mlda-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-mlda-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.