Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-idn-reg-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:37:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Method for Registering Internationalized Domain 
                          Names
	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-idn-reg-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-6-27
	
This document describes some suggested practices for registering
internationalized domain names (IDNs) in a zone. Before accepting
registrations of domain names into a zone, the zone's registry should
decide which codepoints in the Unicode character set the zone will
accept. The registry should also decide whether particular characters in
a registered domain name should cause registration of multiple
equivalent domain names; these domain names might be added to the zone
or blocked from registration. This document also describes how to handle
character variants in registering IDNs, and how to publish tables that
list the character variants.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-idn-reg-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hoffman-idn-reg-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-idn-reg-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.