Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mcgregor-ieprep-bridging-bcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:32:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MPLS IP Bridging Configuration Guidance for IEPREP
	Author(s)	: P. McGregor et al.
	Filename	: draft-mcgregor-ieprep-bridging-bcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2003-6-26
	
An Internet Emergency Preparedness (IEPREP) telephony service IP 
Bridging topology using Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) should 
provide Emergency Telecommunications Service (ETS) using a) Session 
Initiation Protocol (SIP) Priority header value of 'emergency', b) 
Session Description Protocol (SDP) attribute experimental parameters to 
designate the call (session) as either a National Emergency call, 
International Emergency call, or both, c) MEGACO context descriptors of 
priorities 1-6 and emergency indication, and d) MPLS E-LSPs with a 
dedicated codepoint specifying application of ETS Per-Hop Behavior 
(PHB). IP Differentiated Services marking should use specified code 
points allocated from the Experimental and Local Use pool (pool 2) to 
designate the traffic as either National Emergency or International 
Emergency for corresponding PHB use.  Signaling between the Signaling 
Gateway (SG) and Media Gateway Controller (MGC) should apply the MTP3 
SS7 protocol over the M2UA adaptation protocol for use of the Stream 
Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  Support is suggested for work in 
progress on defining a SIP Resource Priority header and defining a SIP 
telephone url extension for calling party category designation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcgregor-ieprep-bridging-bcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mcgregor-ieprep-bridging-bcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mcgregor-ieprep-bridging-bcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.