Subject: Document Action: Basic MGCP Packages to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:50:02 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Basic MGCP Packages' 
<draft-foster-mgcp-basic-packages-10.txt> as an Informational RFC.
This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an 
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Scott Bradner.

RFC Editor, replace the IESG Note in 
draft-foster-mgcp-basic-packages-10.txt.

 Old:

IESG NOTE: 
   
This document is being published for the information of the 
community. It describes a non-IETF protocol that is currently being 
deployed in a number of products. Implementers should be aware that 
the IETF Megaco working group and the ITU-T Study Group 16 have 
produced a standards track RFC "Megaco Protocol Version 1.0" (RFC 
3015, also published as ITU recommendation H.248) which addresses the 
same problem space and are developing extensions to that protocol for 
functions of this type.

 New:

IESG Note

This document is being published for the information of the
community. It describes a non-IETF protocol that is currently
being deployed in a number of products. Implementers should be
aware of RFC 3015, which was developed in the IETF Megaco Working
Group and the ITU-T SG16 and which is considered by the IETF and
ITU-T to be the standards-based (including reviewed security
considerations) way to meet the needs that MGCP was designed to
address. The IETF Megaco working group and the ITU-T Study Group
16 are developing extensions to RFC 3015 that for functions of the
type in addressed in this document.