Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-holness-network-l2vpsp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:52:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Nortel Networks Ethernet Layer 2 Virtual Private 
                          Service Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Holness, M. Chen, D. Mohan
	Filename	: draft-holness-network-l2vpsp-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-6-17
	
This draft specifies an Ethernet Layer 2 Virtual Private Service
Protocol, using Ethernet addressing hierarchy and service
separation, which enables Service Providers to deploy an Ethernet
Network and offer scalable and manageable layer 2 Transparent LAN
Services (L2TLS). The primary goal of this protocol is to
eliminate the need of the Service Provider to manage customer
address information and forwarding within its network. Another
goal is to allow auto provisioning of VPN service instances within
the Service Provider networks. This solution maintains customer
benefits of simplicity of access to the VPN, allows efficient
utilization of Service Provider network resources, and overcomes
distance limitations of customer's LANs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-holness-network-l2vpsp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-holness-network-l2vpsp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-holness-network-l2vpsp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.