Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-channel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:50:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Enhancements to Internet email to support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IMAP CHANNEL Protocol and Use Cases
	Author(s)	: E. Burger
	Filename	: draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-channel-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2003-6-24
	
Environments that extend beyond traditional text-based e-mail use 
IMAP4 to serve rich media content.  One example is a cellular 
telephone that can retrieve and send MIME-encoded audio data through 
IMAP4.  While IMAP4 can exchange this type of content, some 
applications will work better if the message content can be 
manipulated using schemes external to the IMAP4 connection.  In our 
cellular telephone example, it might be preferable for the telephone 
client to retrieve the audio data using RTSP.  This specification 
defines a mechanism for an IMAP4 client to request message content 
from a server through an external scheme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-channel-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-channel-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-channel-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.