Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-beck-opes-irml-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:51:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IRML: A Rule Specification Language for Intermediary 
                          Services
	Author(s)	: A. Beck, M. Hofmann
	Filename	: draft-beck-opes-irml-03.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2003-6-27
	
The Intermediary Rule Markup Language (IRML) is an XML-based 
language that can be used to specify rules for the execution of Web 
services in general and OPES content services in particular.
OPES services are a new class of applications running on network 
intermediaries, such as caches, proxies, gateways, etc. or dedicated 
(callout) servers. They are invoked through intermediaries acting on 
behalf of application endpoints. IRML is designed to serve as a 
simple and efficient, but yet powerful language to express the 
service execution policies of application endpoints. IRML rules are 
typically processed by intermediaries that trigger the execution of 
OPES services according to these rules and policies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-beck-opes-irml-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-beck-opes-irml-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-beck-opes-irml-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.