Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arifumi-lin6-multihome-api-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:29:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Basic Socket API Extensions for LIN6 End-to-End 
                          Multihoming
	Author(s)	: A. Matsumoto et al.
	Filename	: draft-arifumi-lin6-multihome-api-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-6-23
	
This document describes a method for multihoming support in
application layer. We extend the basic socket API(Application
Programming Interface) and propose some new interfaces for
multihoming. Multihoming nodes are expected to have multiple
addresses. The existing socket APIs, however, are not designed to
manipulate multiple addresses in a connection. Proposed APIs help an
application to handle multiple addresses, to avoid connection failure
and to do load-balancing possibly. Right now, the proposed APIs are
for LIN6 nodes, one of the mobile protocols. This is because LIN6's
addressing architecture, which is called '8+8', is very friendly and
consistent with multihoming. In this document, we propose a host-
based multihoming solution and which is called end-to-end
multihoming. In end-to-end multihoming, a fault-tolerant connection
can be achieved relying not on routers but on the pair of end-nodes
only.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arifumi-lin6-multihome-api-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arifumi-lin6-multihome-api-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arifumi-lin6-multihome-api-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.