Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brown-eadsr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:56:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Energy Aware Dynamic Source Routing Protocol
	Author(s)	: T. Brown et al.
	Filename	: draft-brown-eadsr-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2003-6-23
	
The energy aware dynamic source routing (EADSR) protocol is an
extension to the dynamic source routing (DSR) protocol for mobile ad
hoc networks. It retains the features and benefits of DSR while it
incorporates new features for energy limited nodes. The EADSR
features include (1) a DSR header option so that link power costs
can be passed with source routes; (2) an extended route discovery
protocol to find lower energy routes than minimum hop routes; and
(3) an additional route maintenance mechanism that allows the source
node to respond to link changes without route disruption. The
protocol is able to find routes with minimum total transmit power
cost. It is able to track changes in link power on a route, choose
between routes based on cost, and notify the source of new lower
cost routes as they become available. This document specifies the
EADSR header option and operation changes to DSR.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brown-eadsr-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brown-eadsr-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brown-eadsr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.