Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chen-mobileip-packet-fitlering-xc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:52:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MIPv6 Inter-working with  Packet Filtering
	Author(s)	: X. Chen et al.
	Filename	: draft-chen-mobileip-packet-fitlering-xc-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-6-17
	
This document provides considerations for some requirements on 
the IPv6 nodes using MIPv6  to communicate with their peers across
a network boundary where some specific packet filtering is 
deployed for operator and service provider controlled access to  
the services and network resources. Depending on the operational 
policies, the packet filtering can be applied on either the 
incoming packets or the outgoing packets or in both directions. 
A mobile node using MIPv6 sends packets with Home IP address in 
the extension headers, while the packet filtering is often based 
on either the source address or the destination address or both 
in the basic IPv6 header.Packet filtering that complies with the 
policies from the mobility unaware applications will fail to 
perform properly due to the change of the source and destination 
addresses in the basic IPv6 header when MIPv6 is used. This 
document provides an analysis on the operation requirements on 
packet filtering and then proposes a simple solution that does 
not impose any change on IPv6 but requires an  addition to IPv6 
nodes using MIPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-mobileip-packet-fitlering-xc-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chen-mobileip-packet-fitlering-xc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chen-mobileip-packet-fitlering-xc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.