Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:52:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Uniform Resource Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax
	Author(s)	: T. Berners-Lee et al.
	Filename	: draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-03.txt
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 2003-6-9
	
A Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) is a compact string of characters
for identifying an abstract or physical resource.  This specification
defines the generic URI syntax and a process for resolving URI
references that might be in relative form, along with guidelines and
security considerations for the use of URIs on the Internet.
The URI syntax defines a grammar that is a superset of all valid
URIs, such that an implementation can parse the common components of
a URI reference without knowing the scheme-specific requirements of
every possible identifier.  This specification does not define a
generative grammar for URIs; that task is performed by the individual
specifications of each URI scheme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.