Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-han-mobileip-adad-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 07:57:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Advance Duplicate Address Detection
	Author(s)	: Y. Han et al.
	Filename	: draft-han-mobileip-adad-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-6-3
	
This document proposes to automatically allocate a globally unique
care-of IPv6 addresses (CoA) for the use of mobile nodes that want to
be fast handovered. Each access router maintains a 'CoA Pool' of
which each address is in advance generated and tested for its
uniqueness by the access router. Also, the access router acts as
'Passive Proxy' for the stored addresses in order not to affect the
destination cache and neighbor cache of its neighbor and not to
disturb the normal CoA configuration procedure of the nodes who do
not obey this draft. As soon as a mobile node, which obeys this
draft, gains connectivity on a new link, it inquires one of CoAs
stored by its access router. After successfully acquiring the one,
the mobile node assigns it on the interface which attaches to the new
link, without the normal DAD. Consequently, the proposed scheme can
completely take off the DAD procedure/time from L3 handover
procedure/latency

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-han-mobileip-adad-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-han-mobileip-adad-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-han-mobileip-adad-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.